Medical Alert

verified

Medical Alert

verified
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of a button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The pendant battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many of its competitors, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for just an additional $10 per month.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert has fall detection available on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel any time.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

The popularity of the Medical Alert brand speaks for itself. There are many pros, but there are a few minor areas the brand is working to improve upon.

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most companies, if the unit is lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert systems don’t include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Patricia Campbell
July 6th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

Great product. Great customer service and support.

Jack J. Jenkins
July 5th, 2018

One person said it was activated, got a call said it wasn't, was put on hold too long. Voice came on said they would call back. Been all day trying to get answers to no avail.

Satisfied customer
July 2nd, 2018 Conway, AR DETAILS

It got medical to me in under 10 minutes.

David Watkins and Ada Willis
July 2nd, 2018 Nebo, NC DETAILS

They continue to call a person trying to make sales of different equipment and knowing the person can't hear them they charge the person for the equipment. This has happened even when the customer told them they couldn't hear them and gave them my number to call.

Gladys
July 2nd, 2018 Hemet, CA DETAILS

They are there immediately when your alarm goes off

Daughter
July 2nd, 2018 Canton, MO DETAILS

Great service. When you call, they respond.

Joanne Dubsky
June 28th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I haven't had to use it, but when we tested the device, they took forever to answer. It sounds like their customer support isn't instructed fully on how to help us, but amid all that they really do try to be helpful.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Joanne, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Alice Rice
June 28th, 2018 Saltillo, MS DETAILS

I like this device, but it triggers and accidentally goes off easily. I'm severely hearing impaired, and when they call back to make sure I'm okay, I can't really hear them - if it was a real emergency, I'd be in real trouble.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Alice, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Mary Bordelon
June 28th, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

I saw the ad in the magazine about Medical Alert, so I got their device. I haven't had to use the device yet, but my puppy is prone to hitting it while it's on my lap, and it will accidentally set the alarm off. Then, they call me two or three times until they finally got the message that I was okay. I appreciate that when they call, they're interested in my welfare.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Mary, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Enjoy your puppy! Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Mary Olson
June 28th, 2018 Rushville, NE DETAILS

Customer service over at Medical Alert has always answered my questions and given me the information I need. As far as I'm concerned, their device is okay, but I'm pleased with it.

Denver Howard
June 28th, 2018 Gravette, AR DETAILS

I initially got Medical Alert because of the price. The response time was a little slow when I accidentally pushed it a couple times.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Denver, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barbara Stokes
June 28th, 2018 Norman, OK DETAILS

One time I used Medical Alert, and I pushed the button for help. ER came immediately. They are very good at what they do, and it works for me very well.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Barbara, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Jo Barnes
June 28th, 2018 Austin, IN DETAILS

My grandson had been nagging me about getting Medical Alert, so he took care of it all. They are very good at explaining things, so I'm very pleased with that.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Jo, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Carol Hayden
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I use Medical Alert every day when I'm here at home. I don't use it out on the street or on the subway because it doesn't work anywhere else but at home. Their customer service is always checking to make sure it properly works and sometimes I make mistakes with it, but they help me correct that.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Carol, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barbara Gilbert
June 28th, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

Whenever I've had a question, their customer support has responded promptly. I haven't had to use the actual device yet in an emergency, but I have set it all up.

Billie Rose
June 28th, 2018 Hazelwood, MO DETAILS

In the beginning, I thought this was the best company because they had good customer service, and excellent response time. We had to use it one time when I fell on the ground and couldn't get up. Unfortunately, I'm currently having problems with the billing department even though I've been a customer for 6 years.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Billie, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I will send you a private note about billing. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Jeanelle Arceneaux
June 28th, 2018 Gueydan, LA DETAILS

I had a pretty quick response when I passed out one time. This product works pretty well, and I'm glad I have it.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Jeanelle, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

June 28th, 2018 Natchez, MS DETAILS

I needed this in case of an emergency when I needed to get in touch with someone if I had a problem. One time I had to use it when I passed out. I was able to punch the button, then I passed out again. They responded right away and got me help.

Lois Smith
June 28th, 2018 Abilene, TX DETAILS

My son did a lot of research on this company, so I went with them. Their customer support has called periodically, but I haven't had any medical problems yet while I've had this system. I'm very satisfied with them, and I don't have any complaints.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Lois, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barbara Farrar
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I have used this medical device only once a couple of years ago, but it was very effective. If I call them for help, they give me any information I need right away. It's a very convenient device!

Barbara
June 28th, 2018 Paducah, KY DETAILS

My daughter recommended this device to me, and I keep it on all day. Everything works, but I haven't heard from customer support yet.

Eva Cooper
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I've had this product for quite a few years. I was out in the hall one time, and had an accident. I fell out of my electric chair and nobody heard me. I pulled out my medical alert device, and that's the only way I got help because nobody heard me and I was all alone. I have no problems with their customer service or product.

John Mccraw
June 28th, 2018 Cowpens, SC DETAILS

So far I haven't had any problems with my device. I haven't had to use it yet, thankfully. Everybody I talked to about this told me it's a very helpful device. My friend is very pleased with the service as well.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi John, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Beverly Talbert
June 28th, 2018 Cedar Hill, MO DETAILS

I am alone in my home most of the time, therefore I fall a lot since I'm by myself. I like that if I do fall, all I need to do is push a button. This is a device that saves lives.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Beverly, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

June 28th, 2018 Lillian, AL DETAILS

We first heard about Medical Alert in a postcard that was sent to our house. We haven't had to use it yet, but have tested it twice so far. They were very prompt and efficient in the tests we did, and it's easy to use. All you need to do is push the button, then it works.

Clare Davis
June 28th, 2018 Bastrop, TX DETAILS

If I'm going to be by myself, I wear one of the devices around my neck. I'm a satisfied customer, but I'm worried about accidentally setting it off.

Judy Bayer
June 28th, 2018 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

Aside from testing, I haven't had to use the device. One thing I didn't like is that they were insisting I get a new device, even though my old one works and tests well when I use it. They insisted on sending me one and making me pay 89 dollars. I asked why I would buy a new one when my old one works, but they sent it anyways without my consent.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Judy, Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Jo Ann Wood
June 28th, 2018 Thayer, MO DETAILS

Their medical alert device is very good. The first time I used it, my husband called and they were able to tell where we were located. They had an ambulance at our house in fifteen minutes, and they got me to the emergency room. I'm diabetic and sometimes need to be taken into the emergency room if my blood sugar levels are low.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Jo Ann, Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

L.H.
June 28th, 2018 Johnstown, PA DETAILS

I've had to use the device a few times, and they are pretty prompt in getting back to me to make sure I'm okay. Their new one is much bigger, but I'm grateful for this service.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi LH, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Linda Colemon
June 28th, 2018 McKeesport, PA DETAILS

I use the medical alert bracelet. I think their customer support is very good, as well as their equipment.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Linda, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

C.B.
June 28th, 2018 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS

I use this device when I'm out in the garden. If something happens to me and I fall, I know they are aware of it and can send me help.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi CB, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Elizabeth
June 28th, 2018 Salem, OR DETAILS

I like the system, but it's a little too sensitive. I put it on the other day, and all of a sudden everything went off and they were asking me if I needed an ambulance. Now I'm very careful when I take it off or put it down because I don't want to alert anyone.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Donna
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I live alone and it's a dangerous situation, especially in the winter. I have two devices. One for when I'm in the shower, and one that is a pendant that I can wear around my wrist. I wear the bracelet all day. It's a pretty good support system, and it's a device that when you fall, it automatically calls for assistance. I think it's a great system, and I don't think they're going to sell me some product that's not worth the extra money.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Donna, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Audrey
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

This is a very tender device, because I'm always afraid of setting it off accidentally. I haven't had any problems with it, and I'm happy enough with it.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Audrey, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Bertha
June 28th, 2018 Pikesville, MD DETAILS

I like the device because I can move around and still be covered in the case of an emergency. I can always reach them when I have a problem with a situation. It's comforting to talk to someone on the phone when you're in trouble. I like that the device isn't too big or too small - it's just the right size and very handy. This is a very good and convenient service, and I plan to keep it.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Bertha, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Frances Capalbo
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had any issues with my device. I'm very pleased with it, and I no longer feel anxious at night like before. Any time it goes off, even in an emergency, they get back to me really quickly. The only criticism I have is it goes off even when I'm laying it down somewhere or when I go to bed during the night.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Frances, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Elaine Atkinson
June 28th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

I am not happy with the fact that I was twelve miles away from my house at dinner, and it accidentally activated itself. I came home to fire trucks, cops, and neighbors in my yard. I was also not happy with a product they sent me, and after about four emails and two or three phone calls, they still wouldn't help me return it.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Elaine, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

D.T.
June 28th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

There's always been someone willing to help me in Medical Alert's customer service department. They've given me answers I've needed and have been really good about it. I've never had to use it because I haven't fallen since I've gotten it. I feel very good about having it incase I do fall or go outside. I like to do things in my yard a little bit, and I feel more comfortable and safer with it.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi DT, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Carolyn Powell
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

I was attacked in October by two pit bulls, and the medical alert device literally saved my life. I was able to get in contact with the people who could help me, and the police and first responders got here just in time to help me. I've never had any problems getting it to work, and everything it going right. I can take it with me wherever I go, and I'm not confined to the house with it. It makes me feel very comfortable wherever I go.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Carolyn, What an incredible story! I am so glad Medical Alert was there to get help to you immediately. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Alyce Marshall
June 28th, 2018 New Milford, PA DETAILS

I got this product for my mother who has fallen out of bed a couple times. Once she started using Medical Alert, they would dispatch me when she didn't respond right away to them in an emergency. There was one incident where my mother pressed the medical alert button when I was out of town. I didn't hear my cell phone go off, so they went and called the very next person on her 'list of people to contact'. They've been very patient and quick to respond! It's a very lightweight device, and there are many options for her to wear it. She can wear it as a necklace or as a wrist bracelet. They give us peace of mind, and it's nice to know that they can get there faster than I can in an emergency.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Alyce, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Dorothy Mullins
June 28th, 2018 Canyon Lake, TX DETAILS

I was not very impressed with Medical Alert's service because of their billing department. They're equipment seemed fine, but I cancelled the service in the end. I felt like they weren't very truthful to me in customer service, and they sent me a bill for 39 dollars after I'd been using it for a couple of years. The people didn't listen to me when I said I'd already paid it, so I hung up on the agent and cancelled my serve.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Dorothy, I am sending you a pm to follow up on this. Thanks, Alex Customer Reviews Manger, Medical Alert

Barbara Brown
June 28th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS

I worry the most about my safety when I'm in the shower. Because of this, I keep it right near me when I'm in the shower. It's very psychologically comforting for me to know it's there. I've been very pleased with their customer support, because their response has been great for whatever I've needed.

CF
June 28th, 2018 Janesville, WI DETAILS

Medical Alert has the best price and the best features. I try to wear their device all the time, although I don't wear it around my neck. I have pushed it a couple of times while it's been in my pocket. In the few times I've actually used it, my friends have been able to come over and check me out to make sure I'm okay. Medical Alert's customer support keeps track of me, and if I don't call them once a month, they call to remind me to check the button and have it tested. I think the device can be a bit cumbersome at times. I don't wear it around my neck because the teeth from the back of it have come off. I also have used the clip that goes around my belt area or on a purse.

Gloria Hillerstrom
June 28th, 2018 DETAILS

Price was the biggest factor for me when I decided to go with Medical Alert. My father took ill a few days ago, and was feeling chest pains. Their customer support was very responsive, and the paramedics were there as soon as they could. They have been extremely good at solving problems. I've only had one issue with them - billing. I wasn't too pleased that it took them four months to credit our account. Other than their billing department not being too effective, the medical alert unit is wonderful.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Gloria, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Elizabeth Bommer
June 28th, 2018 City of Saint Peters, MO DETAILS

I feel very safe having this device. I know it's trustworthy, and I can relax knowing I'm safe at home. I have accidentally used this device, but I've always had an immediate response.

Bill Bedall
June 28th, 2018 Harrisonburg, VA DETAILS

I haven't had to use this device yet, but I occasionally test it by pressing the button to make sure it's still working. I think their customer support seems to be interested in me and how I'm doing.

Sep 28, 2018

Hi Bill, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

June 28th, 2018 Scranton, PA DETAILS

I live alone, and this medical device fob gives my daughter peace of mind knowing that at least somebody would know if something happened to me. I've never had an emergency to use it, but I wear it regularly in case there are mishaps. One time by mistake, I touched it and the operator called immediately. They realized that I was okay, but she waited until she was convinced that I was fine. I think people should have this device because it's like insurance. You should be prepared for a dire situation.

June 28th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I have been using this company's medical alert device since 2013. Every time I make a call, they respond to me right away.

Charlotte
June 26th, 2018 Cambridge, NY DETAILS

They keep in touch and answer any questions with patience.

Jul 18, 2018

Hi Charlotte, Thanks so much for your review! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Aprilrain4rose
June 26th, 2018 California City, CA DETAILS

I couldn't call for help if I needed it. I charge it every night but sometimes forget to take that part in my purse so I wouldnt be able to hear your response if I needed to. 911 wold be there.

Jul 18, 2018

Hi April4rain4rose, I am not sure what device you have, but it's best to wear your device around your neck or on your wrist so it's on your person in case you fall or need help. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert