Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Alert

verified
$100 Guarantee
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, the largest independent medical alarm company in North America.  Since 2004, Connect America has kept people safe and active in their homes and communities. The medical alert company offers a broad range of in-home medical, on-the-go, and tele-health solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide. They have been chosen by major retail chains such as CVS to be the main provider of medical alert services at over 7,000 store locations in 43 States. Connect America is a government-approved provider of advanced products and services including telehealth and remote patient monitoring in over 30 states. They have an A+ rating with the BBB.

The Good

• Multilingual Support
  • Special Offers and Price Promotions
  • No Long-term Contract
  • Certified Monitoring Centers
  • Extended Battery Life
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Leading Equipment and Technology
  • GPS and Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Multilingual Support

Medical Alert monitoring centers provide multilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Alert customer service can be reached within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Canada.

Special Offers and Price Promotions

Depending on the specific product subscription, Medical Alert charges anywhere from $19.95 to $37.95 per month for around-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no set-up, activation or equipment fees. Medical Alert provides special offers frequently including free months of service and free shipping. Currently, they are running a special with prices on systems from $19.95 while supplies last.

No Long-term Contract

There are no long-term contracts and seniors can cancel Medical Alert's medical alarm services at any time. This is in great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert monitors 24/7 at fully redundant, CSAA 5 Diamond and UL certified monitoring centers.  In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

Extended Battery Life

The pendant battery life lasts up to 3 years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged in the base unit.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with their medical alert service.

Leading Equipment and Technology

Medical Alert offers a broad variety of systems to match any lifestyle. They have an exclusive mobile device product called Mobile Elite that offers the benefits of GPS location, fall detection, and a caregiver app. In addition to Mobile Elite, the company has two other mobile products, one of which is an all-in-one button that offers two-way communication. Medical Alert also offers in-home solutions that work with or without a landline.

GPS & Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert has fall detection available on any medical alert system. Every medical alert button with fall detection will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. These are ideal for customers who might be at risk of falls, heart attacks, and seizures. This will provide peace of mind to older adults with these risks as well as their family members who are concerned for their safety. Medical Alert offers GPS technology on mobile systems, which allows emergency responders to locate you if you need help and can’t respond.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

The popularity of the Medical Alert brand speaks for itself. There are many pros, but there are a few points that could be classified as cons, such as the following:

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

There is a list of additional fees that consumers may need to be made aware of. Such fees occur if the unit is lost or damaged by the customer. The customer may then be charged either $150 or $350, depending on the product. Customers can avoid this fee of equipment by purchasing a protection plan which is only $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

There is no option for a system that includes activity monitoring, which some medical alert companies offer. The system doesn’t connect directly to a smartphone. Customers have to purchase the app to use their smartphones to track loved ones. Some medical alert companies offer mobile app usage for free.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company's products are top of the line with plenty of worthwhile benefits. This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system and accessories. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what real customers have to say.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Linda
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

It's too sensitive, I keep triggering it when I don't intend to. Their response time is slow sometimes.

Yvonne
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had the opportunity to use the device, but anytime I have a problem with the device, they are extremely helpful. Any issue I've had, they call back to check and see if I have more problems. They are extremely professional, and very patient. I value their assistance. They support testing once a month to ensure the device functions well.

Mary
July 30th, 2018 Montrose, CO DETAILS

I use the medical alert device every day. Whenever I accidentally hit the button, the Medical Alert customer service answers my call for help right away.

Barbara
July 30th, 2018 Goodrich, MI DETAILS

Anytime I talk to Medical Alert's customer support, they are very helpful. I wear the necklace alert button when I'm alone, and it's comforting to know it's there when I need it.

Audrey
July 30th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Medical Alert responds quickly in emergencies that I have. They do exactly what they say they will, and I'm grateful I have it, since I might have a heart attack.

Kathleen
July 30th, 2018 Sunset Beach, NC DETAILS

My husband has accidentally hit his alert button a couple of times, but the response was immediate. I think the device itself is cheaply made, but does the job well.

July 30th, 2018 Largo, FL DETAILS

When I have an issue, Medical Alert's customer support is very wise in their response to me. I haven't had to use them that much.

Caroline
July 30th, 2018 Vermilion, OH DETAILS

I had to use this device, and they couldn't hear me, even though I was yelling and crying for help. I kept pushing the button, so they contacted the sheriff here in the county to come over and check on me.

Mary
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer support has always been polite when I've had questions for any reason. Unfortunately, the alarm went off by accident and it took 20 minutes for somebody to come on the line and ask if I was okay - I could have been dead, had it not been an accident.

Willia
July 30th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS

I have accidentally set off the alarm, but they've always answered immediately. They've been very nice in those circumstances, and polite when we explain it was an accident.

Bernard
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Whenever I've called into the company, they've been right there on the ball in answering whatever questions I've had. They advertised in a great way, and they stand behind what they say they do.

July 30th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I generally only use this device when I'm traveling. Customer service has always been very helpful in taking my calls.

Robert
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I have had a few falls, and Medical Alert called me. Luckily, I was alright, and now I know the alarm will go off as it should. I initially had some difficulty setting it up. Now I know that it will work when I need it to.

Richard
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had to actually use the device, but they have me do a little testing each month to make sure it works.

Charolette
July 30th, 2018 Gretna, NE DETAILS

I really like that they can hear me if I fall, unlike other things I've had in the past. It's a very affordable device.

Daniel
July 30th, 2018 Williamston, NC DETAILS

Customer support is great in fixing all the malfunctions on my necklace alert device, and they replace it on time when I need a new one.

Betty
July 30th, 2018 Porterville, CA DETAILS

I haven't had to use the device for real, but it accidentally went off one time. They were very supportive. I think the plan is too expensive.

Cindy
July 30th, 2018 Mechanicsburg, PA DETAILS

My son in law got me this device for Christmas. One thing I don't like about the medical alert device, is that it's sort of bulky and big.

Dale
July 30th, 2018 Wickenburg, AZ DETAILS

When the alert went off for me, the people were so kind. A gentleman came by to help me, and he was so nice. He checked on me and helped me without a problem, and wanted to know if I needed to get to a hospital.

Patricia
July 30th, 2018 Lockport, NY DETAILS

I have only used this device once by accident. I bumped into something, but they responded well to me. I haven't had any problems with the device.

James
July 30th, 2018 Morganfield, KY DETAILS

When we first started with this service, they couldn't get my dad's payments going correctly. It seems like it works properly.

July 30th, 2018 Deerfield Beach, FL DETAILS

When they gave me the equipment, they didn't give me any instructions on how to use it. I didn't know how to charge the devices, and fell before I found out how to work it all, so I didn't have any help when I needed it.

July 30th, 2018 Dayton, OH DETAILS

I think some of the equipment and service over at Medical Alert was misrepresented to me. It was pretty disappointing.

Donna
July 30th, 2018 Ivanhoe, MN DETAILS

I was very happy to get a call from a representative over at Medical Alert. She was very helpful and explained everything to me so well. It was a very good experience for me. I have no problems with the equipment, and feel very safe using it.

Charlotte
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

The necklace medical alert system that goes around your neck is very sensitive. It's gone off a couple of times because it goes off easily. If there's a little bump or something, it goes off.

Donna Kolacki
July 30th, 2018 Darien, IL DETAILS

Customer Service is very helpful. The response to the Medical Alert alarm is quick and efficient. If the alarm is activated accidentally, the member of the team responding is always happy to hear that my mother is fine and doesn't need medical attention. I researched and compared a variety of systems and chose Medical Alert for my mother. I'm glad I did. I do wish the website was more informative.

Mary ann gribble
July 24th, 2018 Montgomery, IL DETAILS

I haven’t used it much because the pendant is too touchy, sets off easily. The cord makes my neck itch so use the bracelet but not all the time only if I’m alone

Gabino Cardona
July 23rd, 2018 Anthony, NM DETAILS

Have had good experience with technical support. Always very helpful staff.

Kathryn
July 20th, 2018 Wilkes-Barre, PA DETAILS

It's very simple, you just press the button. But, we have bumped the button accidentally several times and they've always been very congenial when we have to reset the machine. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Susan
July 20th, 2018 Little Chute, WI DETAILS

I have had a hip surgery and I was carrying something up the ramp and started falling. So, I had to push the button when I fell, and they were able to come get me up. They were there when I needed them, it's convenient to wear and works well. Their customer service is very good when I have to deal with them and they've been very good about following up with me.

Margaret
July 20th, 2018 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS

It's really touchy, it goes off when I don't really want it to. They're always there to ask me if I'm ok when it goes off by itself.

Beverly
July 20th, 2018 Port Orange, FL DETAILS

I only have had to use it once and I got an immediate response. The appearance of the device isn't so great, but it is easy to use.

July 20th, 2018 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS

I inadvertently used it once when I rolled over in bed where I sort of smashed my bracelet against something, I was called immediately, and I was able to tell them it was an accident. It's easy to use and they are very responsive.

Robert
July 20th, 2018 Dunnellon, FL DETAILS

I wear the neck piece around the house, I accidentally pressed it and they said no problem right away and reset everything. It's good service, I'm really happy with it.

Carol
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

We've never needed their help or used the system, so dont know how good the service would be. I know when our battery failed, it took multiple calls to them to get the unit replaced sinc3 the battery was not replaceable.

Patricia Campbell
July 6th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

Great product. Great customer service and support.

Jack J. Jenkins
July 5th, 2018

One person said it was activated, got a call said it wasn't, was put on hold too long. Voice came on said they would call back. Been all day trying to get answers to no avail.

Satisfied customer
July 2nd, 2018 Conway, AR DETAILS

It got medical to me in under 10 minutes.

David Watkins and Ada Willis
July 2nd, 2018 Nebo, NC DETAILS

They continue to call a person trying to make sales of different equipment and knowing the person can't hear them they charge the person for the equipment. This has happened even when the customer told them they couldn't hear them and gave them my number to call.

Gladys
July 2nd, 2018 Hemet, CA DETAILS

They are there immediately when your alarm goes off