Medical Alert

verified

Medical Alert

verified
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

#1 Medical Guardian Logo Medical Guardian ›

9.5

Overall
Score

#2 MobileHelp Logo MobileHelp ›

9.5

Overall
Score

#3 LifeStation Logo LifeStation ›

8.4

Overall
Score

#4 Medical Alert Logo Medical Alert ›

7.8

Overall
Score

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Rosalie
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

After I had a fall in the house I got this and I wear it everyday to protect myself. I would recommend it. When I had a problem and called, the customer service people were very helpful.

Reply from Medical Alert

Jan 04, 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I use it in the shower. It's a very sensitive piece of equipment, and I'm very pleased with it. Anytime I have accidentally dropped it, the alarm immediately goes off and someone calls to check up. I feel safe having it.

Reply from Medical Alert

Jan 04, 2019

Charles
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

My husband and I both wear the necklaces. He is not able to walk, so it gives him confidence. It's something that can be worn underneath clothing or on top. My husband can easily press it with his bad texterity in his fingers. I like their courteous people that answer the phone, they have a very quick response. I like their promptness in how they answer. It's perfect.

Barbara
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They are very cooperative and it's nice dealing with them. When I first got the service, occasionally they would call to check in on me to make sure I was okay and if I understood the system.

Patricia
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I usually put it on when my husband plays golf and I'm here alone. I'm a disabled person and a medical alert is good for me. This is a really good idea for people when they get older and have a tendency to slip. I like the wristband better than the pendant. The pendant gets in the way but you don't even know you have the wristband on. When I had a problem with the monitor, they easily sent me a new one. I like the security of having this.

Yvonne
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I'm a disabled person and I need a Medical Alert. The only time I really use it is if I fall down or something or get really sick. They are good company, I checked in every month for testing.

Mollie
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I use the bracelet at all times or I wear it around my neck and use it when I go out. Customer support is pretty good. I use to have the one that worked up to 200 yards but I upgraded and now have the device that works at 400 yards. This one is too sensitive.

Ann
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They've been very nice to me when I call in to see if my Medical Alert is working good. They even nice to me even when I didn't know I pushed the button. I think it works perfectly.

Amelia
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They respond even when I push the button by accident, they responded right away, it has just been great. The people I have talked to on the phone are very pleasant, helpful and understand what I'm talking about. They did a good job explaining my GPS and how it works. I feel very secure and that's my main goal. With this device I have access to the police, medical and the fire department. so I'm very pleased with it.

Lavon
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I am away from the home just about everyday of the week, I take it with me all the time, occasionally I forget. It's a good device for a senior citizen living alone. I'm not too found of the idea that you have to take this battery pack with you when you want to ever go outside or away from the home. I am always away from the home, so frequently that I have to remember to take it with me all the time and I have forgotten that on occasions. So I'm not thrilled about that

Michael
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

It is well worth the investment. I have had it for a couple of years and I'm happy with it. I wear it during the day after I get up and when I go out at night, I always carry a medical alert with me in case anything ever happens, I have somebody with me all the time. It's like having a constant companion. When I accidentally pushed the button one time they called me right up to talk to me. The company and service is excellent.

Eva
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

A year ago I fell, it was a wakeup call for me and I knew it was time to get a medical alert system. They sent me a new one just recently that that I don't even have to touch the button if I need them. It alerts them if you are having a heart problem or if I fall. It just knows I'm having a problem. It's a little expensive for a senior citizen on a limited income.

Norma
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I'm not nervous now, I feel safe with it. I'm in the house by myself so I wear it all the time. I wear it outside around the yard and in my home. I have one that I wear at night and another to wear during the day. I'm afraid of falling so I have it, and wear it all the time. I feel secure with it.

Clara
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

We knew we needed the protection and it's a dependable system and company. I have set it off by accident twice and my husband and I were very pleased that medical alert alerted our son within a few minutes that something was wrong. I sleep with it during the night. I find it the device very heavy around my neck.

Dolores
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I fell and hit the back of my neck and I couldn't get up. Medical Alert notified my son and the ambulance. It didn't take very long for them to get to me, maybe 10 minutes and then they took me to the hospital. Its dependable. and I like them very much.

Linda
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

It's too sensitive, I keep triggering it when I don't intend to. Their response time is slow sometimes.

Yvonne
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had the opportunity to use the device, but anytime I have a problem with the device, they are extremely helpful. Any issue I've had, they call back to check and see if I have more problems. They are extremely professional, and very patient. I value their assistance. They support testing once a month to ensure the device functions well.

Mary
July 30th, 2018 Montrose, CO DETAILS

I use the medical alert device every day. Whenever I accidentally hit the button, the Medical Alert customer service answers my call for help right away.

Barbara
July 30th, 2018 Goodrich, MI DETAILS

Anytime I talk to Medical Alert's customer support, they are very helpful. I wear the necklace alert button when I'm alone, and it's comforting to know it's there when I need it.

Audrey
July 30th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Medical Alert responds quickly in emergencies that I have. They do exactly what they say they will, and I'm grateful I have it, since I might have a heart attack.

Kathleen
July 30th, 2018 Sunset Beach, NC DETAILS

My husband has accidentally hit his alert button a couple of times, but the response was immediate. I think the device itself is cheaply made, but does the job well.

July 30th, 2018 Largo, FL DETAILS

When I have an issue, Medical Alert's customer support is very wise in their response to me. I haven't had to use them that much.

Caroline
July 30th, 2018 Vermilion, OH DETAILS

I had to use this device, and they couldn't hear me, even though I was yelling and crying for help. I kept pushing the button, so they contacted the sheriff here in the county to come over and check on me.

Mary
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer support has always been polite when I've had questions for any reason. Unfortunately, the alarm went off by accident and it took 20 minutes for somebody to come on the line and ask if I was okay - I could have been dead, had it not been an accident.

Willia
July 30th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS

I have accidentally set off the alarm, but they've always answered immediately. They've been very nice in those circumstances, and polite when we explain it was an accident.

Bernard
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Whenever I've called into the company, they've been right there on the ball in answering whatever questions I've had. They advertised in a great way, and they stand behind what they say they do.

July 30th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I generally only use this device when I'm traveling. Customer service has always been very helpful in taking my calls.

Robert
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I have had a few falls, and Medical Alert called me. Luckily, I was alright, and now I know the alarm will go off as it should. I initially had some difficulty setting it up. Now I know that it will work when I need it to.

Richard
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had to actually use the device, but they have me do a little testing each month to make sure it works.

Charolette
July 30th, 2018 Gretna, NE DETAILS

I really like that they can hear me if I fall, unlike other things I've had in the past. It's a very affordable device.

Daniel
July 30th, 2018 Williamston, NC DETAILS

Customer support is great in fixing all the malfunctions on my necklace alert device, and they replace it on time when I need a new one.

Betty
July 30th, 2018 Porterville, CA DETAILS

I haven't had to use the device for real, but it accidentally went off one time. They were very supportive. I think the plan is too expensive.

Cindy
July 30th, 2018 Mechanicsburg, PA DETAILS

My son in law got me this device for Christmas. One thing I don't like about the medical alert device, is that it's sort of bulky and big.

Dale
July 30th, 2018 Wickenburg, AZ DETAILS

When the alert went off for me, the people were so kind. A gentleman came by to help me, and he was so nice. He checked on me and helped me without a problem, and wanted to know if I needed to get to a hospital.

Patricia
July 30th, 2018 Lockport, NY DETAILS

I have only used this device once by accident. I bumped into something, but they responded well to me. I haven't had any problems with the device.

James
July 30th, 2018 Morganfield, KY DETAILS

When we first started with this service, they couldn't get my dad's payments going correctly. It seems like it works properly.

July 30th, 2018 Deerfield Beach, FL DETAILS

When they gave me the equipment, they didn't give me any instructions on how to use it. I didn't know how to charge the devices, and fell before I found out how to work it all, so I didn't have any help when I needed it.

July 30th, 2018 Dayton, OH DETAILS

I think some of the equipment and service over at Medical Alert was misrepresented to me. It was pretty disappointing.

Donna
July 30th, 2018 Ivanhoe, MN DETAILS

I was very happy to get a call from a representative over at Medical Alert. She was very helpful and explained everything to me so well. It was a very good experience for me. I have no problems with the equipment, and feel very safe using it.

Charlotte
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

The necklace medical alert system that goes around your neck is very sensitive. It's gone off a couple of times because it goes off easily. If there's a little bump or something, it goes off.

Donna Kolacki
July 30th, 2018 Darien, IL DETAILS

Customer Service is very helpful. The response to the Medical Alert alarm is quick and efficient. If the alarm is activated accidentally, the member of the team responding is always happy to hear that my mother is fine and doesn't need medical attention. I researched and compared a variety of systems and chose Medical Alert for my mother. I'm glad I did. I do wish the website was more informative.

Mary ann gribble
July 24th, 2018 Montgomery, IL DETAILS

I haven’t used it much because the pendant is too touchy, sets off easily. The cord makes my neck itch so use the bracelet but not all the time only if I’m alone

Gabino Cardona
July 23rd, 2018 Anthony, NM DETAILS

Have had good experience with technical support. Always very helpful staff.

Kathryn
July 20th, 2018 Wilkes-Barre, PA DETAILS

It's very simple, you just press the button. But, we have bumped the button accidentally several times and they've always been very congenial when we have to reset the machine. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Susan
July 20th, 2018 Little Chute, WI DETAILS

I have had a hip surgery and I was carrying something up the ramp and started falling. So, I had to push the button when I fell, and they were able to come get me up. They were there when I needed them, it's convenient to wear and works well. Their customer service is very good when I have to deal with them and they've been very good about following up with me.

Margaret
July 20th, 2018 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS

It's really touchy, it goes off when I don't really want it to. They're always there to ask me if I'm ok when it goes off by itself.

Beverly
July 20th, 2018 Port Orange, FL DETAILS

I only have had to use it once and I got an immediate response. The appearance of the device isn't so great, but it is easy to use.

July 20th, 2018 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS

I inadvertently used it once when I rolled over in bed where I sort of smashed my bracelet against something, I was called immediately, and I was able to tell them it was an accident. It's easy to use and they are very responsive.

Robert
July 20th, 2018 Dunnellon, FL DETAILS

I wear the neck piece around the house, I accidentally pressed it and they said no problem right away and reset everything. It's good service, I'm really happy with it.

Carol
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

We've never needed their help or used the system, so dont know how good the service would be. I know when our battery failed, it took multiple calls to them to get the unit replaced sinc3 the battery was not replaceable.