Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Bonnie
September 10th, 2019 Camden, AR DETAILS

Medical Guardian is convenient and because I live alone, I can depend on it. The one time I mistakenly alerted for help, they came on really quickly.

Dolores
September 10th, 2019 Danville, PA DETAILS

It works well and is a good system and I like the price.

Maggie
September 10th, 2019 Chipley, FL DETAILS

I have been pleased with them. They always call me right back immediately.

Karen Grise
July 25th, 2019 Franklin, IN DETAILS

A huge pain to cancel service. My credit card account was charged in access of $500 annually and when my mother moved into assisted living and no longer had need of these services we were told they could not be discontinue until equipment was returned. In the midst of moving it took a while to remember to get the equipment boxed and returned. Once that was done and I called a month later to ask about my refund I was told that although the equpment had been received within 4 days of mailing I was supposed to call within 10 days to check so the cancellation date would be that day and funds would not be creditted back to my account for "25 business days." when I suggested that was unacceptable and ask to speak to a supervisor I was told the refund would be expedited and would show up on the account in "a couple of days." Two weeks later I just phoned again and was told that my refund occurred 2 days ago but would take a couple more days to show up on my account. Way overpriced service and poor way of treating customers.

Medical Alert Logo

Reply from Medical Alert

Aug 01, 2019

We looked in to this situation and are very for any difficulties the customer experienced. Our prices are among the lowest in the industry, and the services we provide get an A+ from the BBB. We see the customer called on 5/6/19 and requested a return label. Labels were sent to her on 5/6/19, 5/9/19 and 5/14/19. We received the unit back on 6/17/19. There is a signed agreement from the customer where it clearly states the unit is billed until it is returned. The refund was processed within 3 weeks. If there is anything else we can do, please do let us know. Again, Connect America values our customers and we are sorry you had difficulties with the label and returning the equipment.

Janet Kline
July 23rd, 2019 Lutherville, MD

My neighbor has this and when she pushed her button for help this morning, she asked if they could call me. When I got the call, it came through as an unidentified caller. For some reason, I did answer. Normally, I do not answer these types of calls. I did go over and we resolve the situation. But, when I called back, no one in the company was even vaguely interested in the fact that I thought that they are not identification should come through as an emergency situation. They rather kissed me off on a subject that I think is rather important. No one in the company that I talk to would even give me the name of someone that might be able to react to my suggestion.

dale
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I can wear it in the shower, out in the yard, anywhere.

Carol M. Ray
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

My device accidentally alerted the company and I did not hear the device in the other part of the house and help was here within 10 minutes of when the alert apparently went in. I don't answer the phone if I don't see a name or number I recognize and therefore didn't get the call from Medical Alert. My son called as you had notified him and his name showed on the phone so I answered his call. Now I know that a call from Medical Alert will show up on phone as "Rap Resp" so will know to answer it if it happens again.

D Caesar
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

We had no ploblem.it well The only thing l didn''t like you have to set it up And the company is so far away.

Helen Novak
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Prompt service with very able tech service. I do not like the "necklace" it is too sensitive and causes many false requests for service.

Claire Wahler

Quick response to Alert and followup to EMS, Fire, and Plice

Betty J Applegate
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Fortunately, I never have had to use them. But I do have to test the system once a month or so. Also they started charging $10 a month on my credit card for insurance which I did not request.

Brenda Bass
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Because it will not work seven miles from my home.

Carolyn
May 22nd, 2019 Brooksville, FL DETAILS

We were on automatic withdrawal for payments . The money was taken out of my account without advanced notice and ahead of when it was even due. We no longer need ed the equipment and iy was returned on the 6th of May . They received it on the 9th of May 2019. Called them on the 13th about my refund and was told it would take 5 to 7 days. Needless to say I still have not received my refund. Today I was told 2 different stories. One was that it takes up to 2 weeks and the other story was it could now take up to one month for my refund. It is starting to sound like a story . Now supposedly they will expedite my refund and it can take up to 72 hours. I don't feel I can believe them and will see what other options I have. They just seem to keep stalling .

Thomas Urban
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

just knowing that it there when i need it

Angela Dahlen
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They responded immediately when button was pushed by mistake and also called both of my emergency contacts. It made me feel very safe

Carolyn Darstek
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Helps me feel safe since I tend to fall!

Cheryl Kaderly
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

It is too sensitive. It goes off and I don't even know I touch it.

Jeanne O'Neal
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They have been so helpful and answering my questions and help.

Connie Bokay
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

button is too sensitive and i am not aware of activation. all first responders emt fire arrive.

Doris Novak
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Response is instant. I accidentally touched the button and by the time I got into the room where the monitor was, she had already called quick response and the ambulance.

Kathi Hutsell
May 13th, 2019 Arlington, WA DETAILS

Beware of this company. They will make you pay three months in advance, it will take two weeks to get the equipment to you but they will go by the date you called for the contract. We ended up only being able to use the medical alert for 2 weeks and then my relative ended up in the hospital and from there into a nursing home so we were not able to use the medical alert anymore. When I called it was just over the 30 days from the day I first called, so we will not be getting any refund even though we were only able to use the medical alert for 2 weeks. I do not recommend this company!

Medical Alert Logo

Reply from Medical Alert

May 14, 2019

Ms. Hutsell, In response to the complaint you filed with Best Company, you ordered the medical alarm on April 3. The equipment was shipped on April 4th. It was delivered (per FedEx Tracking) April 10th which would be a total of 6 days, not two weeks. The equipment is billed until it is returned. As of this writing, the equipment has not been returned. You contacted us on May 6, 2019. Since you received the unit on April 10th, had you returned it right away, there would have been a full refund. Although you called on May 6, the equipment was never unplugged until May 10. We sent you a prepaid label on May 6, and there is no tracking showing that you have packed up the equipment and sent it back. If you would like, we can email you a Fed Ex return label and that way you will be able to get it right back to us. You can have FedEx pick up the package or you can drop it in a FedEx drop box. Regarding the refund, we can work with you on that, but nothing can be refunded until we get our equipment returned. Please contact us at 800-226-5400, Ext., 0057 to discuss FedEx option and refund. Thank you!

Alice
May 13th, 2019 Deary, ID DETAILS

I had a problem with my first device not working, but besides that everything has been great. I like that it works on my cell phone.

May 13th, 2019 Livingston, TX DETAILS

I don't use it very often, but they have always been there right away when I have called.

May 13th, 2019 New Albany, IN DETAILS

They always give me good advice and answer my questions. The device is easy to use.

Richard
May 13th, 2019 Shawano, WI DETAILS

Battery goes dead too quickly. I have bumped it 3 times accidentally and they answered right away. It is way too heavy to wear around the neck.

Brenda
May 13th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS

Medical Alert checks in on me periodically to test my device and make sure it is working.'

Bonnie
May 13th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

This is fairly new to me, but my medical alert works good and the people are fine. I would say it is fairly expensive.

May 13th, 2019 Keene, NH DETAILS

Had a similar device that was very expensive. I switched to Medical Alert because of their good price.

Betty
May 13th, 2019 Dover, AR DETAILS

I am very active so I love the fall detection. The people on the phone have been very easy to deal with.

Bernice
May 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

They always call on time and are very prompt. Medical Alert allows me to feel comfortable being alone.

Lorraine
May 13th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

The only thing that I don't like about it is that you have to charge the battery all the time.

May 13th, 2019 Harrison, AR DETAILS

I use the device every time I go out to my barn and it works just fine. The price is a little high.

May 13th, 2019 Westbury, NY DETAILS

Dropped my device once and they called immediately to make sure I was alright.

Dorothy
May 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I passed out once and when I woke up, paramedics were in my house ready to help me. It has never failed me. They are very professional and thorough on the phone and I would recommend them 100 times over.

Clint
May 13th, 2019 Aberdeen, ID DETAILS

They do call to check up on you to make sure everything is working.

May 13th, 2019 Wickes, AR DETAILS

It is a good machine and they have been very helpful getting it up and running.

Charles
May 13th, 2019 Prescott, AR

Pressed the button on accident so the police and an ambulance came to my house, so that is good to know that it works. I would highly recommend it.

Coleta
May 13th, 2019 Haskell, TX DETAILS

Response time is wonderful and the speaker is loud enough to hear it all over the house. They are extremely nice and helpful.

Alice
May 13th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

The people on the phone are usually nice and helpful. The device has been very helpful.

Debbie
May 13th, 2019 DETAILS

A very good price and the customer service has been great every time I have called.

Bruce
May 13th, 2019 Pawleys Island, SC DETAILS

The price Is convenient and the people there have been very good to me.

Shirley
May 13th, 2019 Statesboro, GA DETAILS

This has only gone off accidentally once, but it worked great so I can't complain about the service at all.

May 13th, 2019 Mendota, IL DETAILS

Medical Alert is always on top of keeping me informed of what is new and what is going on.

May 13th, 2019 Branford, CT DETAILS

Usually it works and I always get a good response.

Elizabeth
May 13th, 2019 Rocky, OK DETAILS

I have had to use it a couple of times and it has really helped. Help has come right away.

Crena
May 13th, 2019 DETAILS

The only thing I don't like about it is that it goes off unexpectedly.

Patricia
May 13th, 2019 Lincoln Park, MI DETAILS

I use the necklace and the portable GPS device. I take it with me in my purse if I need to go out. I fell one night and used it, and help came and picked me up.

Jerry Zirkler
May 9th, 2019 Utica, OH DETAILS

Customer service is the worse. This company is a total scam, I got this for my mother and paid 6 months in advance for the service. My mother passed away a month into it and there will not refund you the remaining money paid. They take money out of your account without your knowledge and when you call them its a total run around. My mother passed away and they charge my account $559.95 when i sent the equipment back. They stated the was damage to it, which there was nothing wrong with it at all when it was shipped to them. They will not take care of you after you lost your loved ones when you have done nothing wrong. I have file a complaint with the BBB and then calling Attorneys General office. WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pauline
May 7th, 2019 Endicott, NY DETAILS

When I have to go shopping or I do yard wark at my home, I can take Medical Alert outside with me. I'm happy with the device.

Dan Solberg
May 7th, 2019 DETAILS

I am disappointed that the separate device for fall detectionI ordered with the regular medical alert button did not function as promised.