Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Alice

August 10th, 2017 Wasilla, AL

The response is very good. The necklace sometime bothers my neck. I like that I can wear it anywhere and you respond.

Cecilia

August 10th, 2017 Ventura, CA

person on line polite. device arrived within a few days

Andrew

August 10th, 2017 Mountain View, CA

I accidentally hit the button to my alert ?? watch __ and less than 5 minutes the fire department was looking for me on my street which I did not know. They got a call from you guys n responded fast.

Pat

August 10th, 2017 Eugene, OR

My mother fell and injured her leg several months ago. The system worked exceptionally and within a few minutes she was receiving assistance from both a neighbor and medical personell. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Michael T

July 31st, 2017

I purchased this service for my parents. I recognize that medical alert systems is a highly competitive arena. Like a lot of industries, the breakout for me is hands down Customer Service. I called today about an issue that my folks were having. I was very impressed with the reps that I talked to. My impression was that was talking to people with a lot of integrity. So much so that I feel that I am new ambassador for "Medical Alert." They are the best!.

mark miller

July 31st, 2017 Charlotte, NC

This company performs fraudulent activities, targeting elderly people. Many cases of this listed on BBB, RipOff Report and you can read about the lawsuits. If you get suckered in, it takes an inordinate amount of effort to cancel, then they hounds you literally years with mail, phone calls, etc indicating you have delinquent balances.

tom jenkinson

July 20th, 2017 Maryville, TN

PRODUCT PERFOMANCE AND SERVICE WERE STELLER!!!!!!!

lisa

June 28th, 2017

paid for next day delivery never showed up and got the runaround from sales staff, customer service for 3 days trying to follow up to get my mom a device. found out on day 5 just shipped out of factory?l Not a great first impression on a very important service

Feranndo

June 14th, 2017

This company uses robo call and doesn't remove ones number from call list even after you ask them too.

michael Hennessey

June 13th, 2017 Camano Island, WA

We have had for 2 years and the service has always been good. But on May 30 th pushed button and 20 minutes later they tell us they could not get 911! The good part is they followed up with investigation into what went wrong and have kept us in the loop. We know 911 was down in our area and they said by next week they will have an answer why it was down. To me that is awesome service. Anyone can give good service when no problems arise. The test is handling a problem.

Fred Smith

June 7th, 2017 Orlando, FL

They've offered an excellent customer service, and the devices are good. I have used it twice already, and it's a very good system.

Michael Schulz

June 7th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

My experience with them has been pretty positive. I got it for a few family members that had fallen, and they have been very satisfied with the customer service.

Dolores Weed

June 7th, 2017 Exton, PA

Having Medical Alert has been a very good experience. They are efficient, concerned, and very quick about what they do. It was an excellent offer.

Nancy Volpintesta

June 7th, 2017 Appleton, WI

I think Medical Alert's customer service is good. Sometimes it takes a while for them to come online when the alarm goes off, but they're very good with asking questions and making sure you're okay after that. So far, I liked using it. One thing I don't like is that sometimes it goes off when I don't want it to go off. Besides that, I do have to say that the cost went down. I appreciate that.

Vicki Vanspeybroeck

June 7th, 2017 Henrietta, MO

Their service is very satisfactory, and as a handicapped person, I would really recommend it. If anybody's wondering if they need this service or not, they should probably get it.

Jean Coleman

June 7th, 2017 Middlesboro, KY

We purchased the Mobile unit that could be used in the car, but we cancelled it after my Dad died. Now we kept the in-house system with the fall alert. My mother wasn't wearing the device, but fortunately I was with her, so I pushed the button and the representatives were very helpful. The only trouble we had was finding an address or contact number to return some devices back. Nobody was actually Medical Alert, so they couldn't give me a number. The device's button was flashing, and we needed help with that. It was such a hard time trying to get a hold of them directly.

Sheila Thompson

June 7th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

They've been excellent when it came to responding. They follow up with you on everything quite well.

Elizabeth Eckert

June 7th, 2017 Newmanstown, PA

I purchased Medical Alert for a family member because she kept falling when nobody was around. Their representatives were very good. When she pushes the button for help, somebody's always here. There's no waiting and they send help out if it's needed.

Debra Penrod

June 7th, 2017 Syracuse, IN

My husband decided I needed it because I fall and have other health problems. They're very good! I've used it a few times because I fall a lot, and it's been very helpful.

Barbara Fritch

June 7th, 2017 Oroville, CA

Customer service is fine, but their service in general is lousy. They need to answer faster. I can dial for emergency service faster than they can. When I'm calling my emergency service to get my ambulance, they're just calling in and I already got an ambulance on the way. Plus, they're supposed to have a GPS that knows exactly where I'm at, and yet they're always asking me "what's your location?".

Charles Maloney

June 7th, 2017 Julesburg, CO

I thought it was time to have something like this because of my age, and I've been really satisfied with it so far. It's just me that uses it, and it's been a good experience.

Ann Cuff

June 7th, 2017 Olyphant, PA

They offer an excellent service! We love using it because my husband falls a lot. He has The Necklace and I have one that I take with me.

Robbie Dibble

June 7th, 2017 Garden City, KS

They call and check on me and make sure my system is working correctly, so it's been a great service. They've been very good to me.

Patricia Brownell

June 7th, 2017 Cocoa, FL

I honestly don't know what system I bought, but I do like using it. I haven't had a problem with their customer service, and my overall experience has been good. Even the fire department has come over several times because I pressed the button.

Maria Labriola

June 7th, 2017 Flowery Branch, GA

Our system went off one time, and the police and EMT broke into my house because nobody answered. I was in a hotel at that time, and they tracked me down to there. They did a great job tracking me down and calling all the numbers I provided. Plus, they nailed everything back into place, and did a great job with that as well. I'm just very pleased with it, and very happy that I have it. The people who answer the phone are very polite and very knowledgeable. I called for help once while I was away from home, and they still called my husband, just to let him know what had happened.

Roberta Peterson

June 7th, 2017 Manchester Township, NJ

My husband purchased it and it's worked fine. The service is very good, I used it several times already. The emergency service came very quickly, and were here within minutes, so I'm very happy with it.

Henry Molignaro

June 7th, 2017 Somerville, MA

I used it twice already and it was very good. They've offered a very positive experience so far.

Ardyce Willbanks

June 7th, 2017 Woodland, CA

Dealing with Medical Alert has been terrific! I fall down once in a while, so I needed this. Plus, their agents were fine.

Aylo Williams

June 7th, 2017 Conway, SC

We love it! My mom and I just absolutely love it. It gives me the freedom to leave the house occasionally without leaving her helpless. If I described their customer service, I'd say they have me at the highest satisfaction. We've just been so happy with them because I've left her alone a couple of times, and my mom has had to use them. They call me and the police. They are just awesome! If someone has an elderly parent, this service gives you a little more freedom. You don't worry as much because you know that if something happens, they have your back.

JF

June 7th, 2017 Upland, CA

My daughter had been telling me to get a service like this, but I didn't think we needed it until I fell. I think the service is wonderful; they're very nice people. One day I dropped it, and somebody came on the line right away. It's nice that they're right there when you need them to be.

Ralph Marston

June 7th, 2017 Richardson, TX

Having Medical Alert has been a positive experience. They offer a great customer service, and as an elderly person, my chances of getting sick are pretty high, so it's been helpful.

Donald Raphael

June 7th, 2017 Boynton Beach, FL

It's been an excellent customer service! The few times I've needed has been perfect. It has worked when I needed it.

Constance Coyle

June 7th, 2017 Old Bridge, NJ

Their representatives were very polite and very nice the couple of times I've had to use it. They sent the ambulance right away, and it was here within a few minutes. It annoys me to wear the necklace around my neck, but it does work. I think every senior should get one.

MK

June 7th, 2017 Houston, TX

Their customer service is fine, and the system was good. I purchased it as a protection, in case I had a problem, and it's worked well so far.

Lombardo Velarde

June 7th, 2017 Courtland, CA

As a disabled person, this is a service I need. I've been with them for a while, and I can tell that they're trying to improve their customer service. Besides that, my overall experience with them has been good.

Henry Sladek

June 7th, 2017 Pacific, MO

What made me decide I needed this service was the fact that I fall down without being able to get up. My overall experience with them has been positive, plus, their representatives offered a very good customer service.

Katharin Williams

June 7th, 2017 Tampa, FL

My experience as a Medical Alert customer has been very good. I wanted to make sure something was in place, due to my health issues, and it's worked great. I love using it!

Julia Emch

June 7th, 2017 Trinity, TX

My son had me purchase Medical Alert after I fell, and I think their customer service has been very well so far. I purchased the device that goes around my wrist, and they've been very prompt to answer when I've had to use it. It's been a very positive experience.

Gladys Mills

June 7th, 2017 Montgomery, AL

I wear the Necklace most of the time, which is a great option for me because I'm 80 years old and could fall at any moment. I've been very satisfied with their customer service so far, and my experience with them as been very good.

Gladys Jimenez

June 7th, 2017 Rolling Meadows, IL

Before going with Medical Alert, I paid $60 for the same service, so this one is cheaper. Plus, the representatives were very good. I love using it! I fell one time, and they sent the paramedics right away as soon as I pressed the button. In my opinion, anybody that's over 60 years old should have it, just in case they fall and can't get up.

Thomas Seales

June 7th, 2017 Alabaster, AL

Excellent service! It's worked great for my husband and myself. I have gotten older, and a little bit weaker, we needed something like this to call for help.

Monica Cowie

June 7th, 2017 Pensacola, FL

Although I haven't had to use the service, it's worked fine. I use it around my neck every day, and all I have to say is that it's a good thing to have.

Paula Knight

June 7th, 2017 Cresson, TX

Their representatives were very good, and I'm very satisfied with the equipment. My husband and I are getting to an age where we can't lift each other up if one of us falls. Now, with Medical Alert, we can ask for help without a problem.

Donna Nichols

June 7th, 2017 Kannapolis, NC

They tested my call button periodically, just to make sure everything was in order, so I think they were very good. Plus, I haven't had a problem with their devices so far. Overall, I'm very happy with it, and I really think it's great!

Jo Hembree

June 7th, 2017 Cedartown, GA

I love it! Speaking to their representatives was wonderful, and all I can say is that Medical Alert saved my life.

Albert Howell

June 7th, 2017 Elizabethtown, KY

There's no particular reason why I purchased the service, but it was mostly because of my age. As far as I'm concerned, they've worked great! I'm pleased with the service; I like using this thing.

Beatrice Deyette

June 7th, 2017 Chicopee, MA

I think the representative I spoke to was very good. Considering I can't drive anymore, I decided to buy this service myself, and so far, it's worked just fine.

Hendrick Hegg

June 7th, 2017 Oroville, CA

My wife passed away, and considering I live alone, I decided to purchase Medical Alert after seeing an ad in the AARP Magazine. Their service has been very good, they've offered a very positive experience. I've only had to use it once, and it worked perfectly.

Lavoyse Russell

June 7th, 2017 Sun City, AZ

Customer service is great. Medical Alert has been helpful - when my mother has fallen it's been helpful. Overall, our experience has been very good

Mary Murphy

June 7th, 2017 Bradenton, FL

My husband died, and I was alone, so I decided to purchase a service like this. I've had it for a little over 2 years, and I only had to use it once. It was worth every dollar! The paramedics came over immediately; they saved my life!