Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Lee Smith
April 4th, 2017 Oakland, CA

I'm very satisfied with their customer service because they're very attentive. We just thought it would be the best thing to do, and so far, it's been a very good experience.

Betty Miller
April 4th, 2017 Billings, MT

I know the devices work because when I drop it because somebody is on the line right away. My aunt wouldn't have been disabled if she had this when she suffered her stroke. I think the service is okay and so far, I haven't had a bad experience.

Nola Sangren
April 4th, 2017 Plainview, MN

I haven't had to use the service, but everything has been very good. Their representatives have been excellent with me, and taking in mind I have COPD, my daughter-in-law thought it would be the best option. It's been a very positive experience so far.

Bishop Cummins
April 4th, 2017 Carrollton, GA

The main reason I got Medical Alert is because I'm 89 years old and so far it's been great! Not much has happened yet, but I had the fire department show up after I pressed the button by accident, so it makes me feel very secure.

Barbara Delafosse
April 4th, 2017 Miami, FL

My children think I'm too old to be by myself so they got it for me as a gift. The device is definitely comfortable, however, I do have to say that I've had some payment issues with them. Besides, their customer service is not the best.

Charlene Farrell
April 4th, 2017 Carrollton, GA

I live by myself and have Rheumatoid Arthritis so Medical Alert was definitely something I needed. Everything has been fine so far, I haven't had a problem with the service nor with the devices. When I set the bracelet off they called immediately, so I have no complaints.

Dolores Anis
April 4th, 2017 Miami, FL

Some of my friends have Medical Alert and had fallen, so I thought it would be a good thing for me, considering I live alone. Their service is alright; I haven't had any problems with them. I can say that my experience with Medical Alert has been okay. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet!

Jacquelyn Vanleer
April 4th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

The person who purchased this service has a medical issue and so far it's been effective. The service is excellent, but as their caregiver, the only thing that worries me is the time delay. They should respond faster when you press the button to avoid a bad situation.

Julian
April 4th, 2017 Woodmere, NY

My daughter-in-law heard about it while I was in the hospital, and although I haven't had to use it, they did send the police when I set off the alarm by accident. I don't have any complaints regarding their service, everything has been okay.

Clara Bray
April 4th, 2017 Reedville, VA

I'm getting older and I live alone, so I needed something that would help me in case of an emergency. Although the device can be annoying because it's so sensitive, I feel very positive about the service.

Robert Ashby
April 4th, 2017 Quakertown, PA

My wife and I purchased the necklace and we both like the services. They called me to check if the device was working properly, however they hung up pretty quickly and I didn't get a chance to tell them that my Medical Alert wouldn't work if there was to be a power outage. Also, my wife already fell twice and the emergency necklace didn't go off. Besides that, we think it's a good service. I'm just concerned it won't work if we happen to lose power.

Anne Eaton
April 4th, 2017 La Crescenta, CA

I just figured that I needed some kind of help if something happens to me and no one was around. I really haven't had to be in touch with them, but just knowing that I have it is very reassuring to me. They've been very helpful and I know that if I ever need them, I'll be taken care of.

Barbara Dohrn
April 4th, 2017 Kirkland, WA

I'm an elderly person and live alone, so I thought this service would be very helpful. I've had to use it in a few occasions and had a few false alarms as well, but everything has been satisfactory so far.

Ronald Gintz
April 4th, 2017 Pineville, LA

The service is alright, I don't have any complaints. It's not hard to use it either; all I can say is I'm satisfied.

Martha Best
April 4th, 2017 Sunnyvale, CA

A friend suggested Medical Alert after I had a stroke. I haven't used it for an emergency after the stroke, however, I can say I'm very satisfied with the service.

April 4th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

Medical Alert was the perfect fit for me because I live alone and I thought it would be beneficial for me. I've set off the alarm by accident and their representatives have been very understanding. My kids are definitely happy that I have it.

Illa Gaughan
April 4th, 2017 Kingston, PA

My family thought I should have it after I had a severe accident. I liked it up until this year; they charged me a year worth of service in a matter of days without letting me know. I am now debating whether I will renew it next year or not.

Bobbiejo Haizlip
April 4th, 2017 Greensboro, NC

I purchased the Arm Brand because of my disability and I think it's wonderful. I had a great experience with the service their representatives provided. Overall, we had a good experience using Medical Alert.

Alice Wilson
April 4th, 2017 Indio, CA

I don't know what system I had, but I loved using it, specially because I live alone. Their customer service was very good and I liked the product itself, however, I had to discontinue the service because the price went up.

Josephine Glass
April 4th, 2017 Belton, TX

I picked Medical Alert because you can take it with anywhere you go, although, to be perfectly honest, I haven't had to use it yet. I do have to say that it's always nice to have it there as an insurance. It makes me feel safe.

Janet Wilkerson
April 4th, 2017 Nesbit, MS

My husband falls a lot and has Parkinson's disease, so we decided to purchase Medical Alert. I like the system, however, my house's alarm system is quicker to respond than my Medical Alert device. I also think that they need to make the necklace a little more attractive.

Frank Norman
April 4th, 2017 Hornbrook, CA

It's simple to use. Although the equipment is alright, their customer service is poor. I'm a little disappointed with the company.

April 4th, 2017 Lewiston, ID

I like that they changed the first necklace I purchased for a smaller and lighter one. They really help a lot because; if you push the button they come right on and they also know who you are. Everybody I spoke with was good as well.

April 4th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I had a lot of trouble with the first one I got. We had a hard time getting it to work, I believe it was the reception of the apartment I live in. Besides that, they have good customer service. I haven't had to use it that much, but overall, the service is fine.

Meg Blase
April 4th, 2017 Fresno, CA

I actually feel safe with Medical Alert because they immediately respond when I do the monthly test, or even when I accidentally set it off. It provides me the knowledge of knowing that I, if I ever needed it, I'll get help.

Vivian Thompson
April 4th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

My husband's not here very often and I was falling down a lot, so I needed something to be safe. The device is comfortable and not hard at all to use. I really haven't had a bad experience with any of their representatives; everything has been just fine.

Lita Clamor
April 4th, 2017 Bellflower, CA

If you ask me how they treat their customers, I would say very good. I just love it because they responded right away, even when I would accidentally set it off. Whenever something like that happens, they let my children know right away. It's just very effective.

Mary Kunkel
April 4th, 2017 League City, TX

It's a good thing for me to have, I'm older and I need to have that in case something happens to me. Everything has been very very good with them. All I can say is that I'm satisfied with it; I just feel safe about having it in my house.

William Tinder
April 4th, 2017 Tilton, IL

I decided to purchase Medical Alert after falling a lot, and so far they've been great! I like using it and I love the fact that they're very professional.

Janine Counts
April 4th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

Their devices are fine, it works very well for me. I really needed it because of my Neuropathy, causing my body to have a bad balance. Although I haven't had to use it yet, their customer service has been excellent and the overall experience has been great as well.

James Paddock
April 4th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

I purchased a Pendant from Medical Alert after having a stroke. Now I use it everyday and it's awesome! Their product is very good and everybody I speak with is very polite.

Marinelle Freeman
April 4th, 2017 Midland, TX

Their customer service is excellent! I've had a very satisfactory experience with them. I live alone and it makes me feel safe to know that if I have a problem, I can get some help.

Raymond M
April 4th, 2017 Williamstown, WV

My experience with Medical Alert has been good so far. I've had big problems with billings from them, but other than that, it's been okay.

Glenda Brinkman
April 4th, 2017 New Ulm, MN

I like it so far because they have been there when we needed them. I am definitely satisfied with their service.

John Ecker
April 4th, 2017 East Hampton, NY

At our age, my wife and I needed help. So far everything's been fine; they responded quickly whenever we needed them to. We haven't had a problem so far.

Patricia Pope
April 4th, 2017 Willoughby, OH

The only problem that I had with Medical Alert was resolved quickly, so everything with the product has been fine. However, they have very poor customer service.

Karen Rieselman
April 4th, 2017 Keystone Heights, FL

It was getting a little hard to move around at my age so I decided to get Medical Alert. I've used it a number of times and I'm very pleased with it! Their customer service is fantastic and all I can say is I've had a very pleasant experience with them.

Estelle
April 4th, 2017 North Miami Beach, FL

My experience with them has been good so far, although I do have to say the device is too sensitive. I haven't had a problem with them in the 5 years I've had it so far.

Betty Servant
April 4th, 2017 Customer Service

I purchased it for my mother several years ago and I think it's great! We were worried about leaving her alone, but that's no longer the case. Their customer service was very good and the devices did exactly what we needed it to do. Everything's been great.

mario aponte
March 29th, 2017 Bronx, NY

They make it difficult to cancel.They bill you after you cancel and delay your payment credit.

Karen Pulicky
March 13th, 2017 Detroit, MI

I bought this product for my mother, and I have to say that we have had a great experience with the product and my mother has enjoyed it as well. The customer service was really great, they were very helpful and made sure that everything was taken care of. I feel good knowing that my mom is safe and Connect America is there to help if my mom is in trouble. I would recommend using Connect America for a loved one that you want to be safe and secure.

Allison Sermo
March 3rd, 2017 Detroit, MI

I purchased this for my grandma and I love the security it gives her and the piece of mind it gives my family knowing she is in good hands!

[email protected]
March 1st, 2017 Newtown, PA

Fantastic company, great products, got this for my Mom last year when my Dad passed away. She loves the security it has given her.

Janice Timbers
January 30th, 2017 Twisp, WA

I would never recommend this company. I sent my machine back to them over a year ago. since then I have written them at least once telling them that I returned it. When I did return it I made it attention to one of their employees that I had dealt with in the past. After all this time I am still being billed $10 every single month.

Mary Meese
January 30th, 2017 West Grove, PA

I am feeling more secure with your equipment installed and tested. Mary Meese

Larry Carraway
January 30th, 2017 Buckatunna, MS

My mother really depends on this service and I do too if she doesn't test the equipment when she's suppose to they remind her thanks for taking care of her

Diane Williams
January 23rd, 2017 Brownsburg, IN

I actually misdialed Medicares 800 number and told person who answered that I needed info on how to file Medicare claim. Never once told I wasn't speaking to Medicare direct. Started off conversation with Medicare offering special promo for people over 60 years of age for a low cost medical alert system. Person was very rude and interrupted me several times. Unfortunately I finally caved and gave him my information. He said he'd have verification manager get on phone and then give me number for customer service. Second person gave me confirmation number and hung up instead of transferring me to customer service. My phone luckily shows numbers called so I was able to retrieve their phone number and after several attempts to get thru on landline, I tricked them by using cellphone and a person picked up. She put Roy on phone who was first person I talked to. I am reporting their company to attorney generals office in Indiana.and my order had best be cancelled or I will refuse it when it arrives. Also, notified my bank not to accept charges.

Myrna Richardson
January 23rd, 2017

They have the worst customer service personnel ever!

Jo Ann Skoda
January 23rd, 2017

Jo Ann Skoda- This company is the worst. It did not work from the get=go. Kept calling them & telling them the box was faulty. They alert would go off when I didn't even have the button round my neck. Even had the ET show up when I was watching TV & the button was laying on the table. Sure did scare me. This happened several times & I called & told them after one month & said I was returning it which I did. I was told I was getting a refund & would be charged for the day's I had it & I said fine. Refund didn't come. Called & was told I would receive $99.00 on my next statement which I did not get. Called again & that person said I had no refund coming because I did send it back after seven day's. I told them it was the company's fault because it did not work right from the beginning but they still said no. They are the worst.

Eileen Mardis
January 23rd, 2017 Goodman, MO

They are there when you need them In fact they are there all the time. Our electricity went out one day due to a storm and they called my Daughter to make sure I was alright and to tell me to give them a call as soon as the electric was back on so they could reset my machine.