Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Margot Cone

April 4th, 2017 Garden City, ID

I'm pleased with the service they've provided. I was afraid I would fall one of these days without being able to get up, so I purchased the Pendant. Although I've only had it for a couple of months, I haven't had a problem with the service.

Richard Radcliffe

April 4th, 2017 Hendersonville, NC

Since I purchased Medical Alert, everything has been good! It really helps a person like me, who suffers with balance problems. Overall, it's been a good experience.

Celia Giles

April 4th, 2017 Rio Rancho, NM

My kids thought it was time for me to get something like this, and so far it's been great! They have great customer service and my loved one and I are definitely satisfied with it. Everybody above their 70's should get one because they're very handy to have, in case something happened.

Dorothy Hart

April 4th, 2017 Niles, MI

I've had no problems whatsoever with Medical Alert. There's usually nobody around me and I stumble all the time, so it's definitely worked me. In fact, it saved my life a couple of times.

April 4th, 2017 Safety Harbor, FL

I feel that they do a good job! When I look into buying it, they were very informative. The only problem I had was that the alarm system kept going off. It's also a little expensive but still worth it.

Kathy Harrison

April 4th, 2017 Gaston, SC

Although the representatives did a good job, the device itself didn't work. I fell on the porch and it didn't go off. Also, I have to push the button myself if I'm away from home.

Larry Keene

April 4th, 2017 Chester, VA

My mother was getting worried about my safety because my balance is bad, so we got the device that detects a fall. I know it works because I dropped it once already and they immediately came online. It really is a good thing.

Gayla Breedlove

April 4th, 2017 Red Oak, AR

They're really nice people. I've accidentally pressed the button before and they came on the speaker right away to make sure I was alright. My mother had the same experience and it was really good. They were nice and fast when needed. I lost my husband in December, so I'm here at the end of the road by myself; I just needed something in case I fall and can't get up.

Rose Howington-Gurley

April 4th, 2017 Fernandina Beach, FL

It gives me a whole lot more confidence to go out and be doing different things without having to worry about getting stuck outside again. Everybody was helpful and understanding, they weren't upset when there were false alarms. It's just great!

Volura Elkins

April 4th, 2017 Rome, OH

So far, my experience with Medical Alert has been good. I had fallen with nobody around, before purchasing the service. Now that I have it with me, I like to carry it around in case that happens again. I don't have any issues with them.

William Haywiser

April 4th, 2017 New Brighton, PA

Using it has not been hard. I got a system for the house and for when I go outside, and so far it's been fine. Haven't had a trouble so far.

Rose Mancuso

April 4th, 2017 West Palm Beach, FL

Very good! Their customer service is very good! Thank God I haven't had to actually use the device, but I really do think everything about the service is great!

Barbara Schrager

April 4th, 2017 Hartsdale, NY

The service has been fine for an elderly person that lives alone like myself. I haven't had a problem with it. All I can say is that I've been very happy with it.

Beverly Martinez

April 4th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I've had a very good experience with Medical Alert! It was very easy to use, activate and it's comfortable to wear. I love using it, it makes me feel safe at my age.

Mary Pasternac

April 4th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Thank goodness I haven't had to use it, but I'm happy to have it. I am 95 years old so I think it was about time I bought it. They have done a great job! A good example is the time I fell and passed out; they sent help right away. I'm just very satisfied with the service.

Brenda Heacock

April 4th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

It's been a good and helpful service. So far I've set it off 3 times by accident, but it really is the safe thing to do. On my experience, everything has been very good.

Robert Basile

April 4th, 2017 Circle Pines, MN

I have epilepsy and had numerous falls, so it was time to get Medical Alert. Although it has a few bugs, it really is a good service. I like using it, even if the Pendant is too sensible.

Elizabeth Sorensen

April 4th, 2017 Cool, CA

I only purchased the Necklace, which provides fall detection and it really sets my mind. I know that if something happens to me, I'll receive the help I need. Everything is just great; they're always there.

Beck

April 4th, 2017 Roseville, CA

My husband and I have a little gray thing that will alert the medical people if we fall. We had trouble with it at first; now we got it down and it's doing fine. The only thing I would say is that it goes off very easy, without even realizing you're setting it off.

William Sipfle

April 4th, 2017 Ashland, OR

One of our units failed and I was not impressed with their customer service at first. After that, everything seemed to get better. Although my Parkinson's disease makes me clumsy, it really isn't hard to use the system.

Chris Velgersdyk

April 4th, 2017 Rock Valley, IA

I've had it for a long time now and it's been a good service so far. I use it all the time.

Roxine Weichel

April 4th, 2017 Beatrice, NE

My experience with Medical Alert has been great! I purchased the whole system and I really like it; it works very well. I live alone and suffer some kind of dizziness every once and awhile, so it was time to purchase something like this. Everything has just been very good.

Nancy Karbowski

April 4th, 2017 North Brookfield, MA

My husband died 7 years and I'm always afraid of falling, considering I live alone. Nothing has gone wrong with Medical Alert so far, everything was very very good, including the representatives. Not only do I need it, I like using it.

April 4th, 2017 Longview, WA

I like the service. I don't know how to put it, it just relaxes the mind and gives you comfort to know you'll be protected in case something happens. Although I haven't had an experience with it yet, the service has been great!

Juanita Stafford

April 4th, 2017 Detroit, MI

I'm very fortunate to have it, however I think it's very noisy and testing it is very uncomfortable. Besides that, I find the service to be fine and satisfactory. It works for me.

Lois Chapman

April 4th, 2017 St George, UT

They've offered a very good service! I have no problem at all using it. I'm 91 years old and have fallen a couple of times, but I'm very satisfied with what they offer.

Edward Ehle

April 4th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

Although I've never had to use it, they've offered a great service. The devices seemed very good as long as I checked in every month. I'm diabetic and ended up in the hospital a couple of years ago, so I needed this. So far, I've had a very positive experience with Medical Alert.

Joan Wooten

April 4th, 2017 Bloomfield, NM

I have no other loved ones with me, it's just myself, and I'm definitely satisfied with the service. They were great when it came to talking to the representatives. It's just as advertised!

Elizabeth Prothro

April 4th, 2017 Lamy, NM

They're very helpful, but it really does take some trouble to get through to them. I recently got the fall detector, which is quite heavy and bulky. I'm not as pleased with that one so I've gone back to the bracelet. Somebody is right there when you push the button however, it's quite time consuming when it comes to requesting information.

Margaret Vierra

April 4th, 2017 Rogue River, OR

Their customer service was okay. I don't know what systems there are but I got the bracelet because I fall a lot. I haven't had a bad experience so far. Overall, a satisfactory service.

Emma Lawson

April 4th, 2017 Kansas City, KS

I'm very very satisfied with Medical Alert! They're very prompt to answer back, even when I accidentally hit the button. I have nothing but good service. It's been my security this whole time, all I can say is that I'm very satisfied with it.

Jane Town

April 4th, 2017 Vancouver, WA

I haven't had any experience using Medical Alert yet, however, I live alone and so far their service has been okay. It's great to know I haven't had to use it so far, however, I carry my Pendant with me just in case.

Dorothy Thompson

April 4th, 2017 Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

I'm not satisfied with the service at all. They sent me something that doesn't work. I have a pendant with a blue dot, but if you push it nothing happens. They offered to take off one month fee but that's not good for me. I've had such a negative experience.

Sandra Bonet

April 4th, 2017 East Stroudsburg, PA

As a nurse, I know you're only one fall away from disaster. I wear a Pendant or a Bracelet and I like it very much, especially because I live alone. Their customer service was very good and I've had an excellent experience with Medical Alert. They do a good job and are very nice to deal with.

Sylvia Parrish

April 4th, 2017 Wenatchee, WA

I'm prone to falls and I'm here by myself, so I decided to get Medical Alert. So far they've been just fine. I haven't had to use it but they seemed to be okay; plus, the GPS works.

John Vogel

April 4th, 2017 Marysville, CA

The service so far has been fine and their representatives have done a good job. I'm old and kind of disabled so I think it was better to get this in case an emergency were to happen. I don't have any complaints; my experience with them has been just fine.

Lee Smith

April 4th, 2017 Oakland, CA

I'm very satisfied with their customer service because they're very attentive. We just thought it would be the best thing to do, and so far, it's been a very good experience.

Betty Miller

April 4th, 2017 Billings, MT

I know the devices work because when I drop it because somebody is on the line right away. My aunt wouldn't have been disabled if she had this when she suffered her stroke. I think the service is okay and so far, I haven't had a bad experience.

Nola Sangren

April 4th, 2017 Plainview, MN

I haven't had to use the service, but everything has been very good. Their representatives have been excellent with me, and taking in mind I have COPD, my daughter-in-law thought it would be the best option. It's been a very positive experience so far.

Bishop Cummins

April 4th, 2017 Carrollton, GA

The main reason I got Medical Alert is because I'm 89 years old and so far it's been great! Not much has happened yet, but I had the fire department show up after I pressed the button by accident, so it makes me feel very secure.

Barbara Delafosse

April 4th, 2017 Miami, FL

My children think I'm too old to be by myself so they got it for me as a gift. The device is definitely comfortable, however, I do have to say that I've had some payment issues with them. Besides, their customer service is not the best.

Charlene Farrell

April 4th, 2017 Carrollton, GA

I live by myself and have Rheumatoid Arthritis so Medical Alert was definitely something I needed. Everything has been fine so far, I haven't had a problem with the service nor with the devices. When I set the bracelet off they called immediately, so I have no complaints.

Dolores Anis

April 4th, 2017 Miami, FL

Some of my friends have Medical Alert and had fallen, so I thought it would be a good thing for me, considering I live alone. Their service is alright; I haven't had any problems with them. I can say that my experience with Medical Alert has been okay. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet!

Jacquelyn Vanleer

April 4th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

The person who purchased this service has a medical issue and so far it's been effective. The service is excellent, but as their caregiver, the only thing that worries me is the time delay. They should respond faster when you press the button to avoid a bad situation.

Julian

April 4th, 2017 Woodmere, NY

My daughter-in-law heard about it while I was in the hospital, and although I haven't had to use it, they did send the police when I set off the alarm by accident. I don't have any complaints regarding their service, everything has been okay.

Clara Bray

April 4th, 2017 Reedville, VA

I'm getting older and I live alone, so I needed something that would help me in case of an emergency. Although the device can be annoying because it's so sensitive, I feel very positive about the service.

Robert Ashby

April 4th, 2017 Quakertown, PA

My wife and I purchased the necklace and we both like the services. They called me to check if the device was working properly, however they hung up pretty quickly and I didn't get a chance to tell them that my Medical Alert wouldn't work if there was to be a power outage. Also, my wife already fell twice and the emergency necklace didn't go off. Besides that, we think it's a good service. I'm just concerned it won't work if we happen to lose power.

Anne Eaton

April 4th, 2017 La Crescenta, CA

I just figured that I needed some kind of help if something happens to me and no one was around. I really haven't had to be in touch with them, but just knowing that I have it is very reassuring to me. They've been very helpful and I know that if I ever need them, I'll be taken care of.

Barbara Dohrn

April 4th, 2017 Kirkland, WA

I'm an elderly person and live alone, so I thought this service would be very helpful. I've had to use it in a few occasions and had a few false alarms as well, but everything has been satisfactory so far.

Ronald Gintz

April 4th, 2017 Pineville, LA

The service is alright, I don't have any complaints. It's not hard to use it either; all I can say is I'm satisfied.