Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Katherine Bouton

April 12th, 2017 Spring Valley, NY

I bought the Medic Alert Mesh bracelet for $39, over $50 when delivered. It comes in one size but said it could be made shorter. Made shorter it wrapped around my wrist twice. It's huge. I asked Medic Alert to replace the band and offered to pay for it. In the end -- after a half hour phone call with a customer service representative who knew absolutely nothing, I bought two rubber wristbands to replace the mesh. The only trouble is that I can't get the Medic Alert tag off the mesh bracelet to put on the rubber bracelet. I'm not even sure how to put it on the rubber bracelet. I have now spent close to $70 on an unusable device. Extremely disappointed in this product and this company.

C. E.

April 12th, 2017

I bought system for my aging mother. The system seemed to work OK. But then when I cancelled the service and returned the equipment the problems started. First they claimed they never received the equipment. I sent it Certified Mail and had proof of their receipt. Then they began the phone calls claiming they would charge me for the equipment. These people that call are in my opinion as an experienced attorney are committing crimes and trying to scam good people for money. MY ADVICE IS TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. when I asked to be connected with their legal department she hung up on me.

Virginia Moody

April 10th, 2017

I e used the service twice and was very pleased with the response. I would definitely recommend Medical Alert.

Ardys Peterson

April 4th, 2017 Quincy, MA

The service is perfect. It's been great when I had to use it they were wonderful. I'm very satisfied with Medical Alert.

Curtis Weigner

April 4th, 2017 Lansdale, PA

It's an interesting concept for me because I've fallen without being able to get up. Besides pushing the button once a month for a test, I really haven't had to use it, however, they've provided an excellent service to this point. As far as my experience, they've just been great.

April 4th, 2017 Portola, CA

I'm very satisfied with Medical Alert. It really has been a good experience having their system.

Joanne Torcicelli

April 4th, 2017 Winter Haven, FL

They provide an excellent Customer Service! I already used it once, and as soon as I pressed the button they called. I'm very pleased with them.

Marg Haverfield

April 4th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I'm afraid of falling due to a back problem I have, and during these 2 months I've used it, I can say I like it very much. I haven't had much experience with the system but I really think it's a great thing for seniors.

Diana Lambert

April 4th, 2017 Gadsden, AL

I love using it! They were right on the ball. They called me very quickly when the little thing went off and made sure I was alright. The person I spoke with was very nice and understanding; it was just so excellent.

CR

April 4th, 2017 Onyx, CA

After my wife passed away, I thought it was time to get Medical Alert. It was hard to set up the systems, and when I called Customer Service they didn't know how to use it either. It's fortunate I've never had to use the service yet.

Ella Qualls

April 4th, 2017 Corpus Christi, TX

Although I haven't had to use it yet, it's a great backup in case I need it. I feel that I'm protected with this service. The only problem was that we had a some trouble with the equipment and it has not been cleared out. Besides that, everything's fine.

Jamie Linnell

April 4th, 2017 Belton, MO

Medical Alert was the best option for me because I needed to be safe while I'm alone. The system is good, I like it. On top of that, I haven't had a problem with the service in general.

Lea Vanzalingen

April 4th, 2017 Sylmar, CA

They offered an excellent Customer Service. Although I'm still hoping for the best, I really haven't had a problem with them so far. It's very easy to use.

Rose Trobaugh

April 4th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

It's a really great service! I haven't fallen lately, but I have a very good look on it so far. It just makes me feel safer.

April 4th, 2017 Lakewood, CA

My experience with them can be described as good because they were very prompt and courteous when I needed them. The system has been a great help for me, mostly because I live alone and have health issues.

Vera Banks

April 4th, 2017 Wilmore, KY

It's been great! I have a few health issues and they've been very good with me, regardless of anything. When I broke my wrist band, their representatives were always nice and even sent me a new one. I have no complaints whatsoever about them.

Marian Lowrey

April 4th, 2017 Hudson, OH

My husband passed away and I live alone, so it was time to purchase Medical Alert. I like using it and although I'm the only one in my family that has experience with it, they're very good at what they do. I've had a couple of accidents with it and they were very nice to me when I explained it was an accident.

Carl Duncan

April 4th, 2017 Hamtramck, MI

I think the system in general is good, but I didn't like calling because it would take a long time for somebody to answer. This is a service I really needed because I wanted to get the help I needed in case something was to happen to me alone or in public. I did have a problem with the system, I didn't really know when it was exactly working; there was no way to verify that except for the monthly check.

San-Dee Stradley

April 4th, 2017 Holland, MI

I really haven't used it yet, but it's been a good experience so far. It's there in case of an emergency and their Customer Service is fine, but thankfully to this day, I haven't had to use it

Carol Carlson

April 4th, 2017 Athol, MA

Fortunately, I've never had to use it but my experience with them so far has been great. They answer you directly and always ask if I got all the information I needed. They're just very good and keep my mind at ease.

Byron Morris

April 4th, 2017 Bridgewater, VA

I've never had a problem with Medical Alert. They check on me every now and then so everything has been fine. Things have worked out every time we need to get anything to them.

Kenneth Cribbs

April 4th, 2017 Decatur, IL

The features are great and I like the idea behind it, however, I don't like that it's too sensitive. I set it off frequently and it's not very comfortable around my neck, so I don't wear it very much. Besides that, I'm satisfied with the quality of their service; it's also very affordable.

Rena Bertolero

April 4th, 2017 Jackson, CA

I wear the bracelet all the time in case I fall and it's just very good. I would recommend it above others that I looked into and even had people tell me about them. It's just something you have to have.

Gerald Finley

April 4th, 2017 Gadsden, AL

The fact that I had fallen a number of times made me get The Fall Pendant from Medical Alert. The service is fair but I don't like it at all; it's very clumsy and it breaks very easily.

Mary Cotton

April 4th, 2017 Ballwin, MO

I just think it's a good program. We've tested it once a month and they call every now and then to check on me, so I'm quite satisfied. I feel a little more secure and safe when I got the necklace on.

Pauletti Lasley

April 4th, 2017 Ames, IA

Luckily I haven't had to use it but it works fine. I had a stroke several years ago and my balance is not the best, so this was definitely a good option for me. They treat their customers very good and I've had an excellent experience.

Judie Govern

April 4th, 2017 Hardin, KY

Every time it's gone off by accident, they've called me immediately. That's really good because at my age, it's a little concerning to live alone. All I can say is that I'm definitely satisfied with the service they've provided.

MJ

April 4th, 2017 Lynchburg, VA

I'm alone and I drive, so I like to have feel comfortable when I have it with me. My overall experience using the system has been very good, and I'm very satisfied with their Customer Service. I just feel safe with it.

Carolyn Pollard

April 4th, 2017 Apex, NC

All my experiences with them have been very good. I live alone and nobody would be able to help if I happen to fall, so Medical Alert was the best option. Overall, the device works fine and the service is great.

Vida Penrod

April 4th, 2017 Johnstown, PA

A family member had brain surgery and we wanted to make sure she was taken care of. The response team are on the ball and medical alert representatives are wonderful to respond quickly. Everything was just excellent.

Richard Faoye

April 4th, 2017 Lithonia, GA

I'm pretty much satisfied with the service they provided. Plus, I got an immediate response the first time I used it. I'm just happy with Medical Alert.

Virginia Jacobs

April 4th, 2017 Lakeland, GA

As far as I know, it's been fine. It's been used accidentally and they were right there! The only thing I don't like is that they call me all the time to sell me a Medical Alert, when I already have one.

Roberta Rose

April 4th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

As a senior living alone, it's good to have a service like this. My previous system was sending an alert for each movement, but now I have a new one and I'm very much satisfied with it. It makes me feel good because it gives me the confidence to go out of my house without a problem.

Lovertta Freeman

April 4th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

It's been a wonderful experience! I haven't had to use it yet but I think it's wonderful to know it's there in case of an emergency. Besides, their service is good, specially because I have trouble walking.

Virginia Lebeau

April 4th, 2017 Hatfield, MA

I have to admit, I don't use it anymore, however, they were good with me. I'm glad I still have it there.

Brenda Hill

April 4th, 2017 Windsor Mill, MD

They've provided an excellent service. I haven't had a problem with them at all. It's just been a good experience.

Marion Vecchiarell

April 4th, 2017 Odenton, MD

Medical Alert works great! They've been there when I needed them. I was alone and falling a lot, and so far, I haven't had a problem with it.

Angelina Parillo

April 4th, 2017 Gloversville, NY

It's been a good experience having Medical Alert. I'm a handicapped person, and now that I have it, I think it's a very very good service.

Paula Highes

April 4th, 2017 Staten Island, NY

It's been good service to this day, however, I'm not sure if they can locate you anywhere you are when you press the button. A friend of mine used it and the location he was at was not the same location the company had.

Douglas Davidson

April 4th, 2017 Portland, OR

After several falls I decided I really needed this service. They were fantastic and very knowledgeable! One of the representatives didn't know the answer to one of my questions, but put me on hold to find it. It gave me a lot of peace of mind. My wife and I are really happy to have it; it's like my little buddy who keeps me going.

Joanne Short

April 4th, 2017 Miami, FL

They were excellent! I live by myself so I needed help getting up, considering I was falling quite often and everything was very very good! No complaints.

Morris Moser

April 4th, 2017 Louisville, KY

At my age, Medical Alert is something I need. I haven't had to use it yet but it's been a good experience having it so far. It's there if I need it.

Teresa Belcher

April 4th, 2017 Pasco, WA

I'm very satisfied with Medical Alert! I feel a little more secure when I'm alone and I've had a very positive experience with it so far. It's a little too sensitive at times but they answer right away, they don't mind if the it's a false alarm or not. That is very much appreciated.

Mary Beaton

April 4th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Although I've never actually used it, it's reassuring to have it. Their customer service gives me a sense of satisfaction. It's been a positive experience so far.

Ruth P

April 4th, 2017 Oak Ridge, TN

I fell once already and they were very very good with me. I live alone and it's very important that I have a system such as Medical Alert. The only and biggest problem with it is that it's too sensitive.

John Gurley

April 4th, 2017 Round Rock, TX

The little experience I've had with Medical Alert so far has been very good. I haven't found anything negative about them so far.

Vicki Hightower

April 4th, 2017 Malakoff, TX

I purchased this service after falling 3 times in 2 weeks, and so far it's been great! Although I haven't used it, I definitely feel safer with it. The representatives were very nice, very kind and very helpful. I'm extremely satisfied with the service!

Alice Camp

April 4th, 2017 Birmingham, AL

It's been very nice having Medical Alert! We needed help, so we decided to get this to call for help in case we fell again. Up until today, they have always treated us well.

William

April 4th, 2017 Fredericktown, MO

Good service! I haven't had a problem with them so far. It's a great thing to have because I'm always afraid of falling and not having help around.

Tuesdee Knight

April 4th, 2017 Mabank, TX

I like that I haven't had to use it yet but I feel safer with it. I like the service they provide, they were very good when I spoke to them. It's just been great!