Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Mary Looney

June 7th, 2017 Genesee, PA

This saved me the 3 times I've fallen! I have an improved pendant that detects a fall immediately, and it's been outstanding. They come when you need them, and I just like the equipment. Medical Alert has always been there for me.

Mary Brown

June 7th, 2017 Troy, AL

They're excellent! I fell this past January, and I had a really hard time getting back to my room, from the living room. I called through Medical Alert, and they helped me get right back where I needed to be. I just absolutely love it, and my children like it because they got a peace of mind; and I do to!

Rebecca Denton

June 7th, 2017 Salem, OR

I'm getting to the age where I'm falling a lot more often than before, and they've been good so far. I've actually used it once already. I do have to say that I have skinny little arms, and the bracelet is kind of tough on my arm.

Marie Kadden

June 7th, 2017

The system has been coming in handy. There's been a few falls, and they come over right away, so it's been very helpful. I'm so thankful that they're available all the time, and that they are really reliable. The paramedics are here right away. It's really been a life saver.

Marilyn Gross

June 7th, 2017 Isle, MN

It works very good! The system is great, and the customer service is excellent! They've offered a positive experience so far.

June Bensinger

June 7th, 2017 Schuylkill Haven, PA

The customer service has been very good. I use a walker to get around, and I'm prone to falling down and smashing my face all the time, so I like it. I used it a couple of times now. I just push the button, and they automatically answer.

Lois Lewis

June 7th, 2017 Houston, TX

Although the service is fine and the system has been good, I don't like using it as much. My problem with is that the device goes off on its own, without me knowing it. Then I have to answer calls, saying that I'm okay.

Richard Littlefield

June 7th, 2017 Old Orchard Beach, ME

The way it works is good. They've been excellent all along the way.

June 7th, 2017 Madison, NC

It's been very helpful because I've fallen several. Due to a few back surgeries and knee replacements, if I fall now, I can't get up by myself, so they've been really good. they're here in a few minutes. It's been a very positive experience; they've been very helpful.

Barbara Rheaume

June 7th, 2017 Product/Service

The time I've used it, I've had a very good service. When I push the button on my necklace, they're always right here. I have an off-balance thing, so it comes in handy. I feel thankful with it.

Betty Leitenberger

June 7th, 2017 Lakeland, FL

The system works very well so I like it. I just used it once, so I really don't have that much experience with it, but they're very prompt when we asked for a test.

Catherine Mcgilvery

June 7th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I don't mind using it at all because it's good. It's reassuring that I have something like this, considering I live alone. Besides, the service they offer is excellent, and the system itself is very good. Overall, I have no complaints about them; they've kept me very satisfied.

Beulah Rutland

June 7th, 2017 Customer Service; Product/Service

Their customer service is real good. They were very quick about everything when I used it, and got a hold of everybody in no time. It works!

MD

June 7th, 2017 Lincoln, MI

I like using it. I purchased the fall detection system, and used it for the first couple weeks. My overall experience with them has been good; they've offered a very positive experience.

Robert Rowe

June 7th, 2017

The system is very helpful! It worked very well for our family member that needs it. Plus, their representatives offer a good service.

Geraldine Calabrese

June 7th, 2017 Orlando, FL

I purchased Medical Alert for a parent, and it's worked very good so far. The system is nice, and the representatives were very good as well.

Lester Melching

June 7th, 2017 Chillicothe, OH

Medical Alert's customer service is real good, I had no problem with it. I like the system, it really works, so I carry it with me everywhere.

Dillard Blackwell

June 7th, 2017 Greensboro, NC

My husband and I are alone most of the time, and we thought we needed some way to get help. I think Medical Alert is great! It probably saves my life at large. They're always quick, so I feel really good about the happenings.

Dolores Huthes

June 7th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

The service itself has been fine except for this one time they came online while I was reading my paper. I didn't press the button, and that's what I told them, so after a few minutes on hold, they came back and told me it was an error.

Solange Rancourt

June 7th, 2017 Hopewell Junction, NY

I really love this service! I have it on me all the time, and have used it up to 3 times a day. I know that if something happens, I have this to depend on.

June 7th, 2017 Niceville, FL

Their customer service is very prompt. I've been really satisfied with them; it's just a very good system.

Terry Milkoff

June 7th, 2017 La Cañada Flintridge, CA

I'm not sure what system I purchased, but I know it works. Everything with them has been at 100%. Their equipment and service is great.

Anita Mcmanus

June 7th, 2017 Ashville, OH

My experience with Medical Alert has been very good. They've kept us informed and alert, plus they're very knowledgeable people. We enjoy using it.

Pamela Flynn

June 7th, 2017 Oxnard, CA

They've helped me so much. I purchased the Fall Detection for ten extra dollars a month, but it does not go off automatically. Besides that, I think it's worth every penny, because it gives you that little security. Overall, they're very good.

Anne Smith

June 7th, 2017 Fort Myers, FL

The first month I had it, I had an experience where I fell, and thy were here in 5 minutes. Their service is definitely first class.

Margaret Ridgway

June 7th, 2017 Nalcrest, FL

Their devices have worked very well, I like using them. My family suggested I get one because I have a balance problem, and I think they've offered a very good customer service.

MM

June 7th, 2017 Santa Maria, CA

When I pushed the button that's on the pendant, I got good response form the phone. I just love it; I get a good service from this thing. All I can say is that I'm very satisfied.

Dorothy Jureka

June 7th, 2017 Florissant, MO

Oh my gosh, their customer service is excellent! They couldn't come any faster. They're very nice guys. My nephew helps me out a lot, so he contacted them for me, is that every one of them is terrific.

Ruby Simon

June 7th, 2017 Windsor, VA

I purchased the basic system that you can use in your house. If you fall, it will automatically call, and it's been excellent so far. Their Customer Service has been fine as well, no problem with them.

Eleanor Bell

June 7th, 2017 Beaverton, OR

We like using it very much. I purchased it for a family member, and she's used it a couple of times already; it works very well and very fast. I think that this is for anybody that is taking care of an elder person that can't be there all the time. It's very essential to have something like this.

Joann Miller

June 7th, 2017 Statesville, NC

I ordered it over the phone and I really like it, in fact I tried to encourage several friends to look into it. They offer excellent customer service, and I just like the fact that they try to reach the user of the system, when you push the button.

Larry Gillis

June 7th, 2017 Cabot, AR

We're quite satisfied with the customer service. It's been good, and we've actually used it twice already. Everything works out fine. Overall, we've been happy with it.

EL

June 7th, 2017 Staten Island, NY

My daughter purchased it for me, and did all the calling and ordering the system. She was afraid I'd fall again, and since she's at work most of the time, I'm usually by myself. I fell while she was here with me, so she called for help, but they never came. I wasn't completely satisfied with it because I was on the floor about like an hour, so I ended up calling the police department to come and get me off the floor. She was very dissatisfied with it because she called them about 3 times, and nobody ever called back.

John Gutz

June 7th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm 82 years old and I live alone. My daughter heard about Medical Alert and suggested I buy it. I used it once, so it works well. My experiences overall, and with customer service in particular have been very good.

Phyllis S

June 7th, 2017 Wakefield, NE

I'm very happy with it. The equipment itself has been just fine, and I'm just thankful I have it with me.

Patty Mcclellan

June 7th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

After falling frequently, I got the remote device that I can carry in my pocket. I've had to use a few times already, and it was perfect! Overall, it's a great service.

Marcia

June 7th, 2017 Osprey, FL

At first, the device was a little shaky, but it's come a long way. It's really good. I've had a couple problems, but we ironed them out and I'm very happy with Medical Alert. I don't know too many people that have Medical Alert, but I know my experience has been good. Whenever I call, they're there for me, and I don't know what I would do without them.

Mary Jean

June 7th, 2017 Camden, NY

It helps a lot! I like using it because it's very good. They have given me a very positive experience so far; I'm just very satisfied with it.

Betty Rogers

June 7th, 2017 Louisville, KY

I have trouble with the necklace because it got tangled on my clothes. It's actually been wonderful. I don't worry about falling anymore because I know somebody would come if I push the button. So far, I haven't had a problem with it.

EM

June 7th, 2017 Kelseyville, CA

A fireman came over to help once, and he recommended I get Medical Alert. It's worked fine, very good. I'm just glad I bought it because it's helped me several times.

Julianne Gow

May 17th, 2017 Saint Clair Shores, MI

When you cancel service ,you have to do all the disconnecting yourself and pay shipping and they don't stop charging for it until they receive it. Then you have to wait three weeks before they return your money. When you're over 80 it's difficult to do this.

Anita Shinko

May 10th, 2017

they had good information and did not find any extra charges. they were very polite.

Bruce Gill

April 20th, 2017 Lady Lake, FL

I've had three heart attacks and I'm diabetic. I like my Medical Alert system a lot. Both the customer service and over experience is very good.

Angela Gracias

April 20th, 2017 Oakland, CA

I feel safer using it. The customer service is good.

Joanne Vandenabeele

April 20th, 2017 St Clair, MI

I have the pendant that I wear all the time expect when it's charging. I'm very pleased with it I had a couple of accidental activation on it and the people who has answered those had been very kind and are glad that I'm okay. I had been dealing with another company and one time I needed them and I pressed the button and I got no answer. A friend was here with me and she ended up turning off that thing and calling 911 on her phone, also the fact that I can take this with me anywhere I go and know that if I press the button somebody's gonna answer me were with the other company if I was away I couldn't do that I would have to depend on dialing 911 on my phone if I could get through this if something happened so this is good that I can do this with your company and I couldn't with the other company.

Nancy Davenport

April 20th, 2017 Auburn, ME

It's good to have it. I use it sometimes, I wear it around my neck sometimes I don't wear it all the time but it I'm going out some place you know I will because of my balance.

Michael Garza

April 20th, 2017 Product/Service

Overall, this is good - I enjoy it - I need this service 'cause I fall a lot. I'd give it a 9

Darlene Whittington

April 20th, 2017 Roswell, NM

Medical Alert is fine, very happy with it. I wanted it because I'm 75 years old, I've got walking problems I got a whole bunch of problems wrong with me and I just feel that I needed something

Joseta Bell

April 20th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

I don't know which one I have, but I appreciate it. I need this service because I wanted my independence. Customer service is a 10

Cstol

April 15th, 2017 Pomona, CA

I have had Medical Alert for six months an,d fortunately, have not had to use it, but when I have called for any reason, their customer service was excellent. I really do like it so far.