Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Alert

verified
$100 Guarantee
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, the largest independent medical alarm company in North America.  Since 2004, Connect America has kept people safe and active in their homes and communities. The medical alert company offers a broad range of in-home medical, on-the-go, and tele-health solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide. They have been chosen by major retail chains such as CVS to be the main provider of medical alert services at over 7,000 store locations in 43 States. Connect America is a government-approved provider of advanced products and services including telehealth and remote patient monitoring in over 30 states. They have an A+ rating with the BBB.

The Good

• Multilingual Support
  • Special Offers and Price Promotions
  • No Long-term Contract
  • Certified Monitoring Centers
  • Extended Battery Life
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Leading Equipment and Technology
  • GPS and Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Multilingual Support

Medical Alert monitoring centers provide multilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Alert customer service can be reached within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Canada.

Special Offers and Price Promotions

Depending on the specific product subscription, Medical Alert charges anywhere from $19.95 to $37.95 per month for around-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no set-up, activation or equipment fees. Medical Alert provides special offers frequently including free months of service and free shipping. Currently, they are running a special with prices on systems from $19.95 while supplies last.

No Long-term Contract

There are no long-term contracts and seniors can cancel Medical Alert's medical alarm services at any time. This is in great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert monitors 24/7 at fully redundant, CSAA 5 Diamond and UL certified monitoring centers.  In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

Extended Battery Life

The pendant battery life lasts up to 3 years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged in the base unit.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with their medical alert service.

Leading Equipment and Technology

Medical Alert offers a broad variety of systems to match any lifestyle. They have an exclusive mobile device product called Mobile Elite that offers the benefits of GPS location, fall detection, and a caregiver app. In addition to Mobile Elite, the company has two other mobile products, one of which is an all-in-one button that offers two-way communication. Medical Alert also offers in-home solutions that work with or without a landline.

GPS & Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert has fall detection available on any medical alert system. Every medical alert button with fall detection will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. These are ideal for customers who might be at risk of falls, heart attacks, and seizures. This will provide peace of mind to older adults with these risks as well as their family members who are concerned for their safety. Medical Alert offers GPS technology on mobile systems, which allows emergency responders to locate you if you need help and can’t respond.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

The popularity of the Medical Alert brand speaks for itself. There are many pros, but there are a few points that could be classified as cons, such as the following:

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

There is a list of additional fees that consumers may need to be made aware of. Such fees occur if the unit is lost or damaged by the customer. The customer may then be charged either $150 or $350, depending on the product. Customers can avoid this fee of equipment by purchasing a protection plan which is only $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

There is no option for a system that includes activity monitoring, which some medical alert companies offer. The system doesn’t connect directly to a smartphone. Customers have to purchase the app to use their smartphones to track loved ones. Some medical alert companies offer mobile app usage for free.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company's products are top of the line with plenty of worthwhile benefits. This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system and accessories. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what real customers have to say.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

mary clark
September 29th, 2016 Bucyrus, OH

I had this one for a few years until i went into assisted living, They have their own.. this was a good choice,very honest company.. Mary J. Clark

Kathleen jimenez
September 26th, 2016 Denver, CO

I would love to try out this unit if only I could get through to customer service to activate it. Keep getting message that says they are open 7 days a week and the hours they are open yet it says they are closed. I am calling within the listed hours and have left my number for them to call back, just like the message says to do, yet I still receive no call back. This system may work great in an emergency but I have no way of knowing this

Linda
August 5th, 2016 Fort Worth, TX

I accidently set off the button my alert device and someone was right there. I explained what happened and received a very nice reply from the young man. This is great service. Linda

Don Huson
September 1st, 2016 Sacramento, CA

I have only used it once, but it worked as advertised . I pushed the button and gat an immediate response,

Jayme R.Sullivan
September 1st, 2016 Lancaster, PA

The items I've checked are the ones I've experienced.I feel safe when I have it on in the shower and I make sure I have it on when I'm by myself.I've given your name and the info to a neighbor of mine.I am very pleased with the service.Thanx,Jayme R,Sullivan

John Thomas
August 4th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA

I wear my medical alert around my neck. It keeps me safe and gives me peach of mind.