Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

dagmar dockery

October 9th, 2017 Nomans Land, MA

had to talk to 5 people before getting all info rude too

Diana

October 9th, 2017 Indpendence, MO

I got medical alert because I have Muscular Dystrophy and I am always falling out of my chair. I try to always have a telephone with me but there are always those times when I forget and I am not able to get up and move as well as I used to be able to, so I have that added protection now.

Eileen Wells

October 9th, 2017 Cleburne, TX

Always responsive to questions or problems

O. Nadine Buckingham

October 9th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I haven't needed to call them, but if I bump it by mistake, they call right back.

Bob

October 2nd, 2017 Mckinney, TX

Caring, attentive, professional. Occasionally behind schedule - an indication of attentive professional involvement! I'm a patient since locating in Dallas and have NO thoughts of making a change!

Helen

October 2nd, 2017 Plattsmouth, NE

They are quick to respond and always helpful.

Leigh Ann Lewis; Opal Seals

October 2nd, 2017 Marble Falls, TX

The neck rope is iritating to my neck - causes a scxratch

Rose

October 2nd, 2017 Charleston, WV

My Mom was able to get help when she fell in a ditch and broke her femur. For that I am truly grateful. I would give it 10 stars except for the fact that I have had some billing issues that have been difficult to resolve.

Brenda Brown

September 25th, 2017 Mt Vernon, OH

The representatives are very nice, they're very alert. I once pushed the button by accident and they immediately called to find that everything was okay. But I honestly haven't had to use it for emergency purposes.

September 25th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV'

A few weeks ago I fell and I couldn't reach the phone, but thanks to Medical Alert the fire department and my daughter came to help me, they've been there whenever I needed them. I always wear my necklace and my bracelet when I'm doing work around the house and everything, however, a couple of times my necklace went off and they were calling me, but otherwise I had no complaints, I'm happy with it.

Dianna Zeigler

September 25th, 2017 Abbeville, AL

Wherever I go, I take it with me. I wear it all day until night time. Their representatives are really nice and it's a company that fits all the needs I have.

Lucille Young

September 25th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Medical Alert came into my life ever since my husband passed away and my family decided if I was gonna live alone, I had to add something for my own safety. Their representatives are very nice on the phone whenever I accidentally hit it. However, I had a bad experience with a representative; a lady called and wanted me to have insurance on it, I said I didn't need it. I was very upset about that, but she took those 120 dollars out of my account.

Hattie Weaver

September 25th, 2017 Carson, CA'

The AARP recommended it to me. I still wear the old device, and I have not use the new one, but, I already learned how to use it. I now have the one that I put in my purse and I honestly feel very protected. Their representatives provided me with the information I required. However, whenever I tested it and turn it off, it gets hard to let them know it was a just a test, that is the only problem I have had.

Linda Small

September 25th, 2017 Red Bluff, CA'

They're less expensive than Philips Lifeline plus their representatives are very good. I use it all the time when I'm home.

Mary Bowers

September 25th, 2017 Wheat Ridge, CO

After I lost my husband I was alone; I had no children, no grandchildren, nobody. I just felt I needed somebody and this medical alert system was my first choice. I haven't had to use it, but I feel safe wearing it, I put it on in the morning and wear it all day long. Their representatives are very kind, understanding and knowledgeable, always wanting to help making sure I understand how my device works. Medical Alert provides confidence and comfort!

Claude Anderson

September 25th, 2017 Bullhead City, AZ

Most of the time I don't even know I'm wearing it. I charge it every night about the same time or so and then it's on for a good 8 hours. Their representatives are very polite when I accidentally set it off, they're right there to check on me anyway. I'm very impressed with the clarity of how they speak to me - it's as if we are almost in the same room. I don't have any problems with not understanding them. I remember I checked them out, to me it sounded the best company and it runs about a dollar and a half or so per day, it's pretty cheap security. I am honesty pleased with it.

Marilyn Zaller

September 25th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

My son gave it to me. I wear it all the time. Their representatives are very courteous and they have all the answers. I am very pleased with Medical Alert.

Carole Florio

September 25th, 2017 South Easton, MA'

I've been with them for over 4 years now and I am very happy with them. Their representatives are very knowledgeable, they very responsive and they're been there when need it.

David Lawton

September 25th, 2017 Thomson, IL

Their customer service is great. They've been very knowledgeable and they answer all of my questions. They're very helpful. I test it once a month to make sure that the system is working fine and they're right here 24/7. I wear it everyday and can go anywhere with it. I don't have to be around home and if I go out of the country they will find me if something happens.

Carol Althouse

September 25th, 2017 Harpster, OH

I saw it advertised and decided to go with them. However, I received a phone call last week wondering if I wanted Medical Alert for free and I already had paid 400 dollars for it, it kinda upset me a little bit.

Barbara Smith

September 25th, 2017 Grove City, OH

My overall experience has been great. I got Medical Alert because I wanted the GPS, to talk right into the microphone to tell what I need, and also because they're less expensive. Anytime I've talked to them it's been my error but they're right there making sure I am fine. When I was on vacation, I accidentally threw my device on the bed and it called right away. I was actually on an island and they found me. I was very impressed with that.

Joseph Williams

September 25th, 2017 Havertown, PA

Me and my husband use it everyday. So far, everything has been fine - we haven't had any problems even when we accidentally hit it. They've answer us and they're very polite.

Shirley Heyer

September 25th, 2017 St Paul, MN

Recently, I've been calling to test my wrist device and it seems that every time I call, their representatives put me on hold. There's always a very poor and busy signal and I haven't had the chance to check my device. I always use my device when I am home alone, but it at night it chokes me, the wrist scratches me, and the other one is too big. It's been a poor experience so far.

Betty Purves

September 25th, 2017 Rio, WI'

I used to fall quite a bit and that's why my daughter decided that it was the best one for me. I use it all the time, thank goodness I haven't had to use for an emergency but I am really satisfied to know it's there.

Deborah Wallace

September 25th, 2017 Springfield, MO

Medical Alert has a GPS and I can take it anywhere I want. I always put the lanyard around my neck and I put it in the charger. Half the time I forget about the GPS. Their representatives are very helpful and friendly. Nevertheless, sometimes when I take it off and put on my clothes the alarm goes off. It once went off and I couldn't get to it quick enough to turn it off and nobody responded. They were supposed to call my sister but she never received the call.

K. L.

September 25th, 2017 Portage Des Sioux, MO

Every time I've spoke to a representative they've been very thorough and have given me the information I needed. If I press the button by accident, they call immediately and check on me. A friend had it and its GPS service convinced me that I should have it because I do a lot of running into town and my roads are about 14 miles in open fields.

Judith Forsyth

September 25th, 2017 Baxter Springs, KS

Their support team is very trustworthy and very supportive. The only thing I have noticed is that goes off too quick, other than that, I highly recommend it.

Mildred Whitwer

September 25th, 2017 Lancaster, PA'

I've been getting advertisements from some other companies. Now that I've got Medical Alert I don't need anything different. I'm thankful that I haven't had to use it for anything but it gives me great satisfaction to know that it's there if and when I need it. The representatives have been very helpful, very polite, and I never leave a conversation with a question. They've answer anything I ever had to ask.

Bettie Phillips

September 25th, 2017 Jerome, MI

Their representatives have been really good because when I accidentally pushed my button and it went off, they were really good about it. They told me not to wear it in bed so I take it off and put my other one on. It's a comfort to know that I'm not alone.

B. S.

September 25th, 2017 Cary, IL'

My daughter went through several inquiries to try and figure out the one that would be best for us. I always put it on as soon as I wake and get out of the bed, I wear it in the shower in the morning and I wear it all day long and take it off when I go to bed. Once I fell, but my daughter and son were here. They pressed the button and the paramedics came and took me to the hospital and it ended well.

William Kalif

September 14th, 2017 Attleboro, MA

Poor customer service. Fictitious charges .Unethical management. This company should be avoided,

JW

September 13th, 2017 Nampa, ID

Quick response even if it was false alarm

sublett

September 13th, 2017 Cloverdale, VA

too many false alarms- did not make them

Patricia A Hall

September 13th, 2017 Wyandotte, MI

Help has always been prompt, even when someone else had to call for me

Kathy

September 13th, 2017 Madison, WI

I wasn't pleased than I had fallen several times but medical alert wasn't alerted of my falls. I just didn't want to pay for a service I wasn't actually able to use. When they tried to problem solve over the phone I dropped on carpet, then something harder. I don't always fall on concrete. Just didn't work for me.

none

September 13th, 2017 Hilliard, FL

the pendant should have two way communication : the button should be a little more recced so that accidental activations

Carla Mahrer for Loie Dowell

September 13th, 2017 Whittier, CA

They respond immediately to a call from my Mom's necklace

Emma

September 13th, 2017 Saginaw, MI

The main issue I have with the system is that it doesn't work away from home. Would love to see it work when I'm away from home.

Marcia Lu Stubbs

September 13th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

Great service, but 1 time they called me on the phone. Luckily I could get to the phone.

Nana's helper

September 13th, 2017 Plaistow, NH

I feel they are somewhat expensive but they have been there when needed. The equipment is easy to use and they have you test once a month.

Elizabeth Howell

September 13th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

Customer support is extremely poor. Don't have any confidence in their ability to be of any help in an emergency.

K. Bumpus

September 13th, 2017 Manchester, TN

Always responsive and worked with me to ensure my grandfather's safety

Valerie Dinsmore

September 13th, 2017 Belcamp, MD

Have helped me several times by notifying emergency services and my family.

Pat Decker

September 13th, 2017 Citrus Heights, CA

Sometimes the person answering the 'phone calls an ambulance when I clearly tell them NOT to do that.

Madeline Miller

September 13th, 2017

When I needed assistance they helped me remain calm and gave me clear and concise instructions.

DBP

September 13th, 2017 Gainesville, FL

Very willing to help and very considerate and helpful any time we called them or they had to call us.

Teresa Wimsatt For Elbert Collins /deceased father Edna Brendel aunt currently subscriber

September 13th, 2017

They never make the client feel that they are being a bother if it accidentally goes off and is always there with concern when it has been pushed

Mary T McGee

September 13th, 2017 La Jolla, CA

So far they have responded very quickly when I contacted them even by mistake.qke.ted

CAROLE WEISMAN

September 13th, 2017 The Villages, FL

THEY ARE VERY QUICK WHEN NEEDED FOR HELP.

Denise Nead for Janet Nead

September 13th, 2017 Spokane, WA

It took several phone calls to get a billing issue resolved