Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Tim O

September 13th, 2017

GPS does not show the operator your exact location is will show the street but not the address

George/Flore

September 13th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

I have very good and rapid respond from them no matter the problem

Dorothy Kilcup

September 13th, 2017 Tacoma, WA

Excellent response time for the time we had to call

Pat

September 13th, 2017 Euless, TX

They were at our house quickly when needed.

Don't know anyone

September 13th, 2017 Seattle, WA

Haven't had any trouble with it and haven't had to use. it. It would be nice if you supplied a bracelet so it would not swing from the neck.

Diana Lee

September 13th, 2017 Santa Cruz, CA

It works well, but goes off too easily when I put it down.

Jeannie Madison

September 13th, 2017 Riverside, CA

I have received good service every time I called. My mother in law fell about 6 weeks ago. It's my understanding the alert activated the call to 911. I think she may have been confused when she fell. She was also home alone.They did have an issue getting a pendant replaced. It took weeks and required repeated calls by my father in law.

paul meltzner

September 13th, 2017 Palm Desert, CA

poor billing procedures. poor customer service.

ginger

September 13th, 2017 Boynton Beach, FL

I mistakenly hit the button and immediately I got a call.

Rebecca winecoff

September 13th, 2017 Gastonia, NC

They were very helpful when my mother had her stroke. Responded quickly. Unfortunately she will not recover. Thank you for your help and support during that extremely scary timrle.

Marjorie Mounts

September 13th, 2017 Rehoboth Beach, DE

Because of the fast response when the alert button is pushed.

What the ???

September 13th, 2017 Abilene, TX

Too expensive for no more than what they do

Sandy

September 13th, 2017 Shawnee, KS

I cannot be heard when I talk from the bathroom or the other end of the house.

Mother Hen

September 13th, 2017 Brownwood, TX

Always there even if the unit hits something and it alerts the operator

JesusIsLord

September 13th, 2017 Humble, TX

I've had no problems with them responding to my calls.

Charlotte Blodgett

September 13th, 2017 Saint Albans, VT

When I bought Medical Alert, I was told it would be a ten second wait time. That is not the case. After what happened on Fri. Sept. 1 I have been seriously thinking of finding another alert system.

Karen Ezell

September 13th, 2017 Boiling Springs, SC

Not only do they have a QUICK response time, they are the kindest, most patient and understanding people!

Great Product

September 13th, 2017 Houston, TX

I am very satisfied with this product. The company takes care of my elderly mother the same way that I wold care for her.

Gerald cooper

September 13th, 2017 Berea, KY

Courtesy of staff. Equipment is efficient.

Have no idea.

September 13th, 2017 Riverside, CA

The res[pnce worked perfectly. (even at age 87, I love the handsome young medics it brings to me)

Pat Haldeman

September 13th, 2017 Lakewood, CA

Very nice and quick. I've accidentally touched the button on my necklace when taking it off and it was just seconds when the came on and asked if I was ok

I am Norma Horine

September 13th, 2017 Prairie Village, KS

Their is confusion on some of your instructions. The confusion and understanding of all your policies are not plain and I find our later what your policies are on certain parts of your policy.

none

September 13th, 2017 Rogers, MN

price is too high for service and reliability with GPS

September 13th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

The entire operation I feel needs a lot of repairs I gave up medical alert. The company needs to have a meeting and train their employees on how to do their job and how to treat the public

Robin Cannata

September 13th, 2017 Newark, NJ

Used once worked fine. There is not much more I can say, when it was needed it worked fine hopefully it will not be needed again!

Michael Breneman

September 13th, 2017 Lancaster, PA

The device and the service is very dependable.

Richard Morris

September 13th, 2017 Clemmons, NC

Me3dical alert is customer friendly and isalways quick responce.

Dr. Herbert Bomar Jr

September 13th, 2017 Ambler, PA

Consistent response, immediate , very easy to wear around my neck

ross & deborah

September 13th, 2017 Schenectady, NY

called about equipment not working never heard back

September 13th, 2017 Keene, TX

new fob almost too sensitive as wife was putting it under her blouse and it went off

Patricia

August 10th, 2017 Palm Coast, FL

The response when the alarm is sent is almost immediate - and it is so comforting to hear a live person as though someone is right there. I'd have given it a 10 except that the new pendant that is fall sensitive is too sensitive. It has gone off several times accidentally.

Angela

August 10th, 2017 Westport, CT

very responsive and simple to set up.

Jewel

August 10th, 2017 Galhoun, GA

The instance when my Mom used the alert. She was larthargic and told the attendant she thought she had overmedicated. The attendant called me and did not call for emergency assistance for my Mom. I was not sure that was the right call.

Teresa

August 10th, 2017 Miami Beach, FL

Their billing system is not well implemented.

Terry

August 10th, 2017 Pearland, TX

Representatives are always punctual when I have fallen. They are also very courteous and call for help and contact my daughter.

Talmadge

August 10th, 2017 Inglewood, CA

It makes me feel confident. It works, I haven't had any problems with it.

Dorie

August 10th, 2017 Walnut Creek, CA

MedicalAlert gives me a great feeling of security as I am elderly, with bad balance and live alone. My family may be reached as soon as possible with a press of the button by me as I always wear it. The Co. personnel are very pleasant and knowledgable.

Josephine

August 10th, 2017 Toledo, OH

They have been contacting me every time I accidentily cause my alarm to activate and make sure all is ok.

Sandy

August 10th, 2017 Newport, WA

I had to return the button and then the base.

Sharon

August 10th, 2017 Mission Viejo, CA

Last time I needed them, they did not give the emergency people all the information they needed to find me and get into the apartment.

Sharon

August 10th, 2017 Greensburg, PA

They have proven to be prompt to reply when my unit is activated. I have had a couple of times when it registered a fall but I had dropped the unit as I was putting it on in the morning, I charge the unit every evening while I am sleepig. I am sure that if they respond to a non emergency call that they will be there if I should need really help,

Joan

August 10th, 2017 Redondo Beach, CA

When I fell they did everything they had promised to do. They immediately contacted my local paramedics and gave them the code to my lock box. I actually used the words "I have fallen down and I can't get up".

Rosemary

August 10th, 2017 Hallettsville, TX

Hit the button by mistake and they replied right away checking on me. When told them it was a mistake they told me not to worry.

Herbert

August 10th, 2017 Highstown, NJ

Medical Alert has been a lifesaver for my husband. The one thing that prevented it from being a "10" is that there is no need to contact everyone on the emergency list once someone has been contacted.

Elizabeth

August 10th, 2017 Cheyenne, WY

Horrible company.... I would tell people to never do business with this terrible company.

Bobby

August 10th, 2017 Rincon, GA

because responce is fast and they are very professional and pleasant each time they come to my house on a call

Ken

August 10th, 2017 Nashua, NH

It responds quickly and speech is crystal clear. They do not get flustered when I accidentally push the button.

Raymond

August 10th, 2017 Austin, TX

Because the wrist band is not working again. It has been replaced once. The Necklace does not go off when dropped. I feel I have been scammed.

Charles

August 10th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

Easy to set up. Friendly service. Good value.

Libert

August 10th, 2017

Quite easy to use and pretty good customer service responses.