Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

August 10th, 2017 Oroville, CA

My mother has been helped numerous times

Paula

August 10th, 2017 Hobbs, NM

The representatives are always knowledgeable and friendly when I talk to them. They seem to really care about my needs. I never get the feeling that this is just a job and they have to put up with another old lady & her foibles! I did not give them a 10 because nobody's perfect.

Patricia

August 10th, 2017 Novi, MI

I've been hesitant to wear it because of the sensitivity. I've just put it down or moved it and it's gone off. The agents have always been very understanding but I feel bad that I've bothered them.

Nancy

August 10th, 2017 Naperville, IL

Cancelled call twice, phone rang--I in bathroom and fire truck police, ambulance came. Fall detection too sensitive apparently,asked to disconnect it. Did what was supposed to but can't answer phone if not near. Guess need to talk to voice on button so know message was heard

Frankie

August 10th, 2017 Greenville, SC

They have been the answer to my peace of mind.

Peggy

August 10th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

Medical Alert has been courteous and patient during system set up, respond quickly to alerts for assistance for the user and communicating the need to phone contacts. They even call when the system requires maintenance. We are extremely pleased with the service provided by Medical Alert.

Carol

August 10th, 2017 Clarksburg, MD

THe product does exactly what we ask it to do. You press the button and a person is immediately on the phone and talking to the person for offer aid and assistance.

Luis

August 10th, 2017 Douglasville, GA

When I had an opportunity to use medical alert the response was what's immediate and professional

Peggie

August 10th, 2017 Troy, OH

When help has been needed, it works well; and, when it has been accidentally alerted, it also worked well or I was able to let you know it was accidental.

Edith

August 10th, 2017 Parkville, MD

Very dependable service that works!!

Lela

August 10th, 2017 Rockwall, TX

Too heavy, to bulky, can't hide in shirt. Wanted medallion type or one for wrist. Will not renew!

LuOuida

August 10th, 2017 Winnsboro, LA

Customer assistance good. Have not actually used the button yet.

Lois

August 10th, 2017 Seminole, FL

success three times after falling--emts arrived promptly.

Alice

August 10th, 2017 Apache Junction

The device no longer lights up with the green light like it used to. I am never sure if it is working or not.

Betty

August 10th, 2017 Oakley, CA

I feel protected in case of my falling and unable to get up, Both of the pendants' cords keep loosening and not holding the length I want. My wrist band's Velcro wore out and I can no longer wear it. Otherwise I am very happy with the system and am glad to have it. Thanks for letting me give my input. Betty Brown

Kenneth

August 10th, 2017 Rochester, NY

Very easy to setup but challenging to discontinue.

Jeannette

August 10th, 2017 Plattsburgh, NY

I've only had to use my Medical Alert once and I was extremely satisfied with the quick response.

Warren

August 10th, 2017 Camden, NJ

Sometimes it's hard to get through to a person on the phone. Half the time that person acts like they could care less about your issue. The last time I called the girl said that she was going to replace our unit. Ours wasn't working at all. She said she would send one out. She started to and the call but I asked her when the unit was gonna be sent out she said the next day. I asked when it was going to be received because she was still turned on the call and she said oh that will be next Thursday. I was calling on Friday. I explained to her that there was no way that we could be without a unit for an entire week I explained that I needed the unit overnighted. She did it. It was just frustrating because if I had not stopped if I had not asked questions it would've been an entire week before I received what I needed. I did not feel that she cared and I felt like I was annoying her.

Julie

August 10th, 2017 Gainsville, FL

It's always worked. Firemen come and help me stand up and are always very nice and helpful.

Jean

August 10th, 2017 Redding, CA

They respond promptly to calls for help and always help me up when I fall. I have 4 falls in the last 3 months.

Henry

August 10th, 2017 Saint Petersburg, FL

Cancelled calls still result in phone calls

Helga

August 10th, 2017 Watertown, NY

When calling in to check operation of device, the audio fro your office is terrible. It is full of static and when I try to talk to the person that calls me, I was not treated professionally

August 10th, 2017 Naperville, IL

I have only had to call once. They were at my door in a matter of a few min. I fell in the bath tub.

Grace

August 10th, 2017 Round Rock, TX

It always works -- reliable Bracelet malfunctioned twice so had to quit wearing it.

Paula

August 10th, 2017 Marysville, WA

Response is dependable, efficient. The wrist band is terrible, cheap and looks very bad after being used a month. They need to be replaced.

Sheila

August 10th, 2017 West Nyack, NY

Too difficult to communicate with staff -- also, installation was frustrating.

Fong

August 10th, 2017 San Pablo, CA

Because my chain is always setting off my alarm and if i'm Downstairs I cannot hear the alarm. The chain I suppose is The problem. It sits at the wrong length and I cannot adjust it. Too many false alarms

Elsie

August 10th, 2017 Naperville, IL

They have always responded to my need and very helpful in answering any questions I might have.

Evelyn

August 10th, 2017 Chambersburg, PA

They have been here in a timely manner the two times I have called them. I'm very satisfied with their service.

Elaine

August 10th, 2017 Rockville, MD

though I've never needed them, they are there when my button gets bumped by mistake, telling me they will always be there. Always very patient and understanding, and kind.

Delynn

terrible customer service

Dolores

August 10th, 2017 San Diego, CA

They can't get their billing right!

Fannie

August 10th, 2017 Franklinton, LA

Operators respond quickly when button goes off, even if the button is set off accidentally.

Dorothy

August 10th, 2017 Greenville, SC

I have both the regular necklace and the fall detection necklace. It would be nice to have one combined necklace instead of having to wear one all the time and then change to the fall detector when I get in the shower.

Michael

August 10th, 2017 Morganton, NC

The product is excellent. I had an issue with one of the agents adding equipment insurance to my bill that I absolutely did not request or approve. After a few calls it was partially refunded.

Diane

August 10th, 2017 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Have had them forever and they always have been there when I needed them My only concern is that your sales department calls me all the time to sell me your services. I tell them I have been with you and do not call me again and I will get more calls sometimes 2 or 3 per day. There must be some way to have them know who has your services.

Diane

August 10th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Sent back the equipment 3 months ago...Mom went into a nursing home.. I am still being debited.. Cannot make contact with these people !!!!

Jean

August 10th, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

They have served us well for our aging mother on several occasions. More specifically three weeks ago when my mother phoned me wanting me to come to her, over 30 miles away, because she didn't feel well. After hearing her symptoms I told her to push medic alert immediately and I would meet her at hospital. My mother was suffering a heart attack and we were told by her physicians if she had not called she may have died. Thank you from a grateful family!

Deborah

August 10th, 2017 New York City, NY

I researched life alert and medical guardian compared to Medical Alert and I felt that Medical Alert had a salesman who explained things better and didn't hound me with phone calls and I liked the gps.

Edward

August 10th, 2017 Brookfield, IL

they help you as soon as you need help and the help is not far behind

Rebecca

August 10th, 2017 Athens, GA

I had to call them once and they came within 10 minutes. I had fallen but all they had to do was pick me up. They made sure I was ok before they left.

Francis

August 10th, 2017 East Providence, RI

My father had to use the system twice & I was immediately notified by medical alert. When the system was activated in error the operator was very understanding. I would recommend Medical Alert to people in need of this type of assistance.

Ruth

August 10th, 2017 Rochester, NY

Very good service overall.

Carol

August 10th, 2017 New York City, NY

Fast response when I needed them but price much too high for a new cloth band for wrist alarm

Bunny

August 10th, 2017 Palm Coast, FL

it seems to take more time to answer

Bette

August 10th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

They always respond quickly. Very considerate when I set off alarm accidently which is quite often with new pendent which is very sensitive to movement.

Bettie

August 10th, 2017 Wilmington, NC

because they show up and take care of you, even if they can't get up with anyone to check on you!!!!

August 10th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

It is a very efficient system and company

Arla

August 10th, 2017 Englewood, CO

responds immediately and supplies assistance

Betty

August 10th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

the quick response and the time making sure that the feeling that things are under control.