Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Al

October 16th, 2017 Watsonville, CA

Great customer service. No problems dealing with false alarms. Occasionally the sales pressure is a little high to buy new stuff but really not too bad.

Jennie Robinson

October 16th, 2017 Parkland, FL'

Alarm goes off too easy caused EMT to come in night. Can't wear to bed because too sensitive. Other than that I feel very safe.

C M S

October 16th, 2017 Whitehall, PA

Got a rude man when t trying to get a button that fit my wrist without falling off.

B.M.

October 16th, 2017 Palm Coast, FL'

Very prompt at responding, to questions and assistance

Amy

October 16th, 2017 El Paso, TX

We have had no complaints. So far everything is working well. If we have questions we receive a prompt answer

Juanita Burrell

October 10th, 2017 Reno, NV

I accidentally hit the button and she came right on through to see if I was ok. I've used it while gardening and it has been useful. I think it's kind of expensive but I suppose it is worth it if the time comes when I really need it. It is hard for me to pay for it.

Selma Ross

October 10th, 2017 Delray Beach, FL

The minute I press the button, even if it's a mistake, they're on the phone in a second. I recently fell and fractured my arm, so I pressed the button, they called me, and help was there in 5 minutes. On the occasions when it was a mistake they were very kind and nice. I've had no problems with them.

D.T. or Anonymous

October 10th, 2017 Fort Myers, FL

I just go on my daily business with no problem. I have only tested it but I got a very quick response.

Michael Guidas

October 10th, 2017 Bridgeport, PA

I called the company by accident. They called me back and I told them that everything was okay and I was fine. Then they just hung up.

Don Weekley

October 10th, 2017 Columbus, OH

When I go about the house it's normal for me to have it and I feel very comfortable with it. One time I used it in the early morning and once I pressed the button the people responded fast. I couldn't talk very much but they knew I was in trouble and they dispatched really quick.

Janice Dimattia

October 10th, 2017 Prairieville, LA

When I felt I needed help, I pressed the button told them so. They sent someone right up.

Letha Mack

October 10th, 2017 Princeton, TX

My children got it for me and I've only used it once. They contacted me and asked if there was an emergency. I said yes and they contacted my kids. I guess they are pretty good.

Jean Bennett

October 10th, 2017 Bethlehem, PA

I have it with me all day, but fortunately I haven't had to use it. I once accidentally pressed it twice and they called to see if I was alright, which I thought was great.

Marilyn Rodriguez

October 10th, 2017 Missoula, MT

I don't use it very often but when I do I just push the little button and then I get help. I've fallen in front of the bathtub but it was ok. The people were very kind and courteous.

October 10th, 2017 Pensacola, FL

I wear it all the time and while I hope I don't have to use it very often, I occasionally do. Customer service is very adept and check into things if something happens. They're on it all the time, they've been very good at calling me back and checking on me to make sure I'm okay. A lot of times I call them before I realize that I've done it, that happened recently. They called and were very helpful and kind, they wanted to help and make sure that I knew what I was and wasn't doing and what I shouldn't do as well. I can't complain.

Marlene Schiedler

October 10th, 2017 Ligonier, IN

I needed help and that was the best value I could afford. I didn't really need it during the day and I used it mostly at night. I've used it a couple of times. I fell one time and I couldn't get up, so they came in a got me back up. They were very well mannered, prompt, and very caring. They asked question and answered mine. I was pleased. I feel much better knowing that I have help at my fingertips if I need it.

Marie Bettis

October 10th, 2017 Philadelphia, TN

I just wear it. Have bumped on it accidentally a time or two. They were good people.

R.I.

October 10th, 2017 Providence, RI

My doctor recommended I get this after my daughter researched it. I'll be 90 soon and he didn't think I should be alone all day because I have a heart condition. I wanted to continue living on my own, I like my independence and so I got Medical Alert. On a typical day, I get up and put it on. I bring it into the bathroom with me, shower, get dressed and I put it on. I take it off when I go to bed and that's that. I've set it off accidentally several times, it is hard not to make it go off. In fact, since I have it set so that it detects falls automatically I've set it off sometimes like that. We did have a problem once while ordering, but my daughter got on the phone with them and the Medical Alert people were very nice about it and fixed the problem. It makes me feel a little safe. It's as if a friend or somebody was always with me to give me the protection that I need.

Lore Sutton

October 10th, 2017 Pensacola, FL

On a typical day I make sure that I have it on, either the watch or the necklace. I also make sure that it is charged. I made a mistake with the device one time though. On a Sunday before I went to church I was wearing my necklace. I must have hit something and set it off, but I had never used it at that point so I thought it was my cellphone. I turned it off and went into the church and they came to see. I was really shocked when I realized that and I corrected it of course. I shortened the cord on the necklace and haven't had an issue since then. I haven't really used it. I did test it and called customer service, they were really good. They did charge me an extra 10 dollars for the necklace...but I don't mind as long as they keep me safe. I feel much better having it.

Barbara Gertz

October 10th, 2017 Sonora, CA

I just wear it everyday, I haven't had any falls or anything, but they have always been very polite and everything. They are always very nice.

Anne Tercha

October 10th, 2017 Macungie, PA

Fortunately I just wear it and I never had to use it.

Emily Corbett

October 10th, 2017 Camden, SC

We usually don't use it, it's only there in case of emergency and we haven't needed it. One time we did press the button just to make sure it was working. The people in customer service seemed to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Elaine Novello

October 10th, 2017 Ocean City, NJ

Fortunately I haven't had an emergency, but it's a comfort thing to know that it's there if I need it. I am here mostly alone but I have confidence knowing that if I need help, especially if I have fallen or something, I have them there. Every time I have to deal with someone is a pleasant experience. There's live people at the other end of the phone which is great to know that there's somebody actually there too hear my complains and act on it.

Bernard Lochotzki

October 10th, 2017 Port Clinton, OH

When my dad was out into his trailer he had bumped the device and did not realize it. They called me and called SWAT to make sure he was ok 'because nobody was responding. They were very quick in responding. Other than that I don't think we've had to use it. I've always had really good information from them and they've helped me set up the Medical Alert system. They're always very pleasant and patient. I'm really happy with them.

Doris Bryan

October 10th, 2017 Salisbury, NC

We got it after my daughter checked it out earlier and said they had a better response than other companies. I use the device every day when I'm home. Though sometimes the device's line gets unscrewed and it falls off, but as long as I keep it screwed tight it does pretty good.

Gregory Neher

October 10th, 2017 Marianna, FL

I have no problem with it. I just carry it anywhere, tho I haven't had to use it. I've hit it accidentally a couple of times and gotten a good response from them. One time I accidentally set it off and it took a long time before they responded. When I first ordered it they sent me one unit that didn't work, but they got me a new one as quickly as possible. They're fine and they listen to us.

C.K. or Anonymous

October 10th, 2017 Eugene, OR

I've only needed it once when I had an anxiety attack. I wasn't sure if it was that or a heart attack so I called them. They were very thorough, double checked with me to make sure that I was ok. They called me back, left a voicemail in fact because my phone was off, and told me they had sent someone to check on me. They were there in a very short time and took very good care of me. It all took 5, maybe 10 minutes. Other than that, I've accidentally set it off several times but they've been very good sports about that.

Sally Sheridan

October 10th, 2017 Shelton, CT

I feel comfortable having the necklace device. As soon as anything goes wrong, I just push the button and my family knows right away. My husband also needed it. He was on the last stages of cancer and would fall quite often. I wasn't able to help him up, so I would just use Medical Alert and they would come right away. They just take my information and have been very helpful. I'm glad I have it now.

Donna Mills

October 10th, 2017 Ten Sleep, WY

It was a shot in the dark to get it, but I thought it sounded like a good deal. On a typical day I just wear either the necklace or the bracelet. I really haven't had to use it, which is a blessing, but knowing that it's available if I need it is comforting. Whenever I tested the device or pressed it by accident, customer service has been very helpful. They simply verify who I am and tell them what's going on. They have been very good.

Mary Wells

October 10th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

I just wear it around my neck all the time, even when I take a shower. I never take it off, you never know when something might happen. I've used it several times whenever I fall, and they get here and help me out really fast. The people that come here are always very nice, informative, and talk with me about anything I wish.

Joan Lochner

October 10th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I usually put the device around my neck in the morning and charge it at night. My experience talking with them has been fantastic.

Jean Armstrong

October 10th, 2017 Flint, MI

My decision to get it came to the fact that I live alone and I felt a lot safer with something like it. I haven't had to use it for a real emergency up to this point, but it is very comfortable to have the device. I've called them before and asked some questions. I felt comfortable with the information they gave me.

Erna Allen

October 10th, 2017 Union, NJ

I got them because I liked the fact that they notify the ambulance quickly if my mother falls or something. My mother is very active so if she has to go shopping, has a doctor's appointment, or a therapy session, she wears the wrist thing. About 3 or 4 months ago, at maybe 4 o'clock in the morning she wasn't feeling good. She had chest pain, so I suggested she push the button. After she did, the person came on the phone quickly, and an ambulance was there within 15 minutes. They took her off and she went to the hospital for the emergency. So even though she doesn't really have a lot of falls on a typical day, I still feel safer knowing that she's using it.

Sandra Scott

October 10th, 2017 Springville, UT

Fortunately, I have never had to use it in an emergency or anything. However, I live by myself here in Utah and don't have family nearby. So, I wear the pendant all the time. It lets me go about doing my normal chores around the house and shopping.

Mary Alexander

October 10th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I chose Medical Alert because it has the GPS and it doesn't confine you to your home. I wear it around my neck all the time, except for when I go to bed. I once fell in my home when my son wasn't around, so I pushed the button. They called and asked me if I needed assistance, I said yes and asked them to call my son. He was able to come over and help me up. They were right on it. They were very professional and I was very satisfied with talking and communicating with them. I recently went on vacation and I was happily surprised to discover that the device also worked down there!

Charles Reil

October 10th, 2017 Plattsburgh, NY

They are great. I use it everyday and keep it on me just in case. I've never really had to use it for an emergency, but they called me once when I pushed the button by mistake. They got a hold of me and I had no problems. It's a very good medical alert.

Wolfgang Klaiber

October 10th, 2017 Ocoee, FL

It had all the basic things that I needed if I fell: GPS, quick people, etc. I haven't experienced a real emergency, but everything is working fine so far. On a typical day, nothing happens, I mean I just carry the device in case something happens. I've tested it and every time I needed a representative, I get them. They give good service and answer all of my questions. I'm very satisfied.

Michael Gaines

October 10th, 2017 The Plains, VA

I don't really use it unless I have to. In the past 2 years, that has only happened 2 times. In general it was great and they took care of things.

Morgan Dyer

October 10th, 2017 Midland, TX

The first representative we talked to was very poor, he wouldn't even give me the prices. We talked to a different one later who was quite helpful. We usually turn it on when we get up, and put on the wristband when we go to bed. We haven't used it yet for an emergency though. Other than that, we were supposed to receive a $250 gift card on September, but we never got it and I'm concerned about it.

Tom Noesges

October 10th, 2017 Hobart, IN

I've had a pretty bad experience so far. I wouldn't say they are very trustworthy, there was a lot of incompetence when I had to deal with them. From the beginning, they mailed me two different sets of devices and charged me for both of them after my son had paid for everything with his credit card. It was very hard for us to get it all straightened out. I'm also not very comfortable with wearing either one of the devices. I never wear the wristwatch because the band irritates my wrists so it's hard to keep it on. As for the necklace, I usually have no issues if I wear it between an undershirt and a shirt. Those times I don't even know I have it on. However, during the summer weather I only wear a single shirt, so the device scratches against my chest. As for emergencies, I've never had a genuine one where I needed to use it, though I've had a couple of false alarms. During those experiences, I haven't had any problem. They are very understanding of the accidental activation and they respond quickly.

October 10th, 2017 Lake Benton, MN

I never used them, I just trust them. I put the device on in the morning and wear it until I go to bed at night. As for their customer service, sometimes it's good, but sometimes they don't call me back when they're supposed to do so.

Arlene Key

October 10th, 2017 Mesa, AZ

I got it because of the price and the features. I haven't really used the device so far, but customer support has been very pleasant and good.

Elwyn Shonio

October 10th, 2017 Bridgewater, MA

It's the first thing I put on as soon as I get up and dressed, but it's not exactly comfortable. It's kinda big you know. I would forget it was there and hit things, setting the alarm off by accident. The people are more than glad to answer though, and they are very good.

Jerry Soares

October 10th, 2017 Port St Lucie, FL

I chose Medical Alert because I liked the idea of being able to contact them immediately and being tracked by satellite. On a regular day, I put my button on my belt and I travel wherever I need to travel. Customer support always seems knowledgeable and everything has been fine with them. I think they are extremely trustworthy.

Jane Samuelson

October 10th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

At night I put on the device that doesn't detect falls and during the day I put on the one that does. If I go out, I leave the medical alert device home because it does not work if I'm away. One time I was choking and I called them. They came out on time and I was in good shape. I appreciated that they came very rapidly and took care of me. Customer service has been very understandable and helpful.

Irene Conroy

October 10th, 2017 Madras, OR

I chose it because I like that it can go with you wherever you go, so I just wear it all the time. I haven't really had to use it for medical purposes though.

Jill Wooster

October 10th, 2017 San Pedro, CA

I use this every day and it doesn't interfere with anything. I've never needed it for an emergency

Veronica Hollander

October 10th, 2017 Annapolis, MD

Well every month I pushed that button to see that's it's working and I've always had very good luck with it

Peggy Simpkin

October 10th, 2017 Dallas, TX

I haven't had any problems since I bought it. I just use the bracelet all the time, day and night. I did have to replace the bracelet at one point and I was surprised there was a charge for that, but in the end it was replaced so I guess now it's okay. One thing I wish is that they had different choices for the neck piece to be put on.

October 9th, 2017 Sparta, NC

The price we were charged was not what we had agreed to.