Best Company Guarantee Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

7.7

Del Moline, IL

I have not had a need of them yet but they they are very acomadatting on the phone.

Anonymous Dixon, CA

very helpful in need of assistance and rated very good

darlene Orland, CA

It gives greater independence to my mother-in-law

Dorothy Macon, GA

No problems Easy to test and use. Purchased for my mother. She enjoys the necklace. She did replace the cord necklace with a silver chain. The watch band has not held up as well. After a while the velcro becomes worn.

Bob Cranston, RI

I would like the time to be shorter between pressing the button and talking to someone.

Barbara Helmken South St Paul, MN

I am pleased with the service and feel safer. The initial call was handled so well.

janet daniels Sterling Heights, MI

My mother has an account with them. 6 Months ago I sent them a letter to cancel. they never responded even after several phone calls about returning the unit. now after more than 7 months, they are calling me and my husband for payment. I have offered to send the unit back but they keep telling me we have to make payment of $200.00 or they can't close the account. My mother is 93 years old and in a nursing home and can not pay a bill that she does not owe. this company has said they will keep calling me and my husband even though we are not on the account. Very bad and unethical. please do NOT do business with them.

Dianne Read Gilman, WI

I've had it for so long that I don't even remember why I got it exactly. It was probably because of its price. I've never had to use it, but I test it every month or so. It seems to work ok and it makes me feel safe to have it. I got the one that detects falls on its own and it's really touchy. I've set the thing off a few times without realizing it. Still, I haven't had any problems with it.

Don Wamsley Sherwood, AR

I just kind of tried it. At the time I was by myself and I needed something that I could use to get help. I haven't had to use it but I wear the wristband. I tried using the neck piece but it goes off on its own automatically when I'm sleeping. It's not really designed as well as I would like it to be. They owe me some money and they haven't paid me yet.

Doris Walton Florissant, MO

I just saw the Ads on a magazine and decided to get it. I don't use it all the time, but I know they are always there when I need them.

Patricia Scardigli Orangeville, PA

I called several places and Medical Alert was the best value service that I could afford. Fortunately I've never had to use it, I guess I just happen to be lucky enough. The pendant is too sensitive. It has gone off a couple of times when I lean over to put the dog's dish down and things like that. I don't know if I'm moving to fast or what, but it always thinks I'm falling. One time the alarm went off accidentally and I never noticed. I had a lot of company at the time and I didn't even hear the phone ring or them calling me. Since no one answered, they sent an ambulance and the police and they came. So, even though it was a bit of a problem, it showed me that it works. They are easy to talk to and I haven't had any problems with them.

M.T. or Anonymous Lockhart, TX

It was the only service that I looked at, I just got it. I wear it all day and night, though I was told I shouldn't wear it at night time. They actually sent me another one so I could wear one at night time and the other during daytime, but I honestly think it's a bit of a hassle. The one that I have was actually upgrades to a smaller thing now. I haven't really had to push the button for an emergency yet, but customer support seems to be ok. I hope I never have to test it, I've fallen enough already, but so far so good. I haven't had any problems with it. It is a little expensive though.

William Kaiser Riverside, RI

My children were the ones that got it for me. I've never had to use it as of yet, thank goodness. Overall it's ok.

Louis Gessay La Jolla, CA

I didn't really have any say in choosing it, someone else did that for me. On a typical day, I just have it around my neck and hope I don't actually need it. Customer support is responsive and they answer my calls. It's the most expensive medical alert system that I've heard about. I had once before that was less expensive and it worked okay. Their people were very eager and it was good.

Nancy Rochel Yakima, WA

We looked at the options on the internet and decided to go with it. I'm not really happy with customer support right now. I've never had to use it yet, but I do wear it all the time in case I do need it. I cannot really hear anything on the button. It doesn't really do me any good if I can't speak with anybody without having the handheld whatever thing you get. Unless it happens to fall with me it really wouldn't do me any good to press the button. It went off once but I didn't hear it. Several minutes later they called me on the actual phone to see if I was alright. I used to have a different one where everything was from the device, you could talk to them and hear them from that thing.

Robert Battaglia Livermore, CA

Since my wife and daughter work for most of the day and I'm home alone a lot, I thought it would be a good thing to have in case anything happens. I have no problem using it. When I fell and couldn't move I pressed the button. They answered right away and the fire department and police department showed up in a few minutes.

Debra Freeman Fort Smith, AR

My sister was the one that set everything up. I haven't had to use it or call them yet, but I think it's a good service.

R.T. or Anonymous Laguna Niguel, CA

I had tried a couple of other devices and this one turned out to be best than the other ones. I've never had to use it even though I've had it for over a year. Still, I wear it everyday and it's comfortable. I don't worry about doing most of the things I do. I have been irritated occasionally by customer support, but I still use it. I hope I never will need it, but it's there if I do. It makes me feel secure.

D.G. or Anonymous Elsmere, KY

My children decided on this device for me. I haven't had to use it yet. When the unit was having some problems they sent me a new one without any problems. I'm satisfied with it.

Rebecca Hoekstra Pella, IA

When I was sick the service was suggested to me. I have used it whenever I need to call an ambulance. Their people are very knowledgeable and helpful. I feel very comfortable with it all.

Gerald Woehler De Pere, WI

I didn't order it, my son did a while back. When I pushed the button they came here fast.

Bette Raup Smithfield, VA

This is the service that my children called and got for me. I wear the button around my neck all the time when I'm not at home. Whenever I call them or anything they have been very polite and efficient. I guess they're trustworthy, I haven't had any trouble with anything and it always seems to work.

Marie Carter Autryville, NC

I didn't really shop around much. I just saw and ad for the medical alert and got it since I fall a lot and I'm handicapped. I wear it constantly, day and night. One night I had a really bad fall and no one was close by for me to reach them. I was glad I had medical alert with me because they were quick to respond to me and get an ambulance. I'm thankful that I had it and I could reach the hospital. The only thing is that I wish I could use the device while away from home. The thing is not really expensive, but it's worth it.

Anita Hynes Coxsackie, NY

At the time it was the only one I had heard of. I generally take the GPS with me when I leave the house since I like having it with me. If I have any questions they have no problem when giving me good answers. I've tested the device and it works well. If there's ever any problem or if it needs to be replaced, I know right away because they call me to let me know.

Lillian Davis Maryville, TN

I saw an advertisement for them and just decided to call them. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm not concerned. Every time I've needed them they've been there. They always let me know when things are being changed and everything. It's all good quality, it works great for what I need it. Money-wise, it's ok. It's cheaper than the others.

Diane Moore Scandia, MN

My father read about it on the paper and we just decided to try it. I have it on my cupboard and it's there if I need it. I don't like the button they gave me that can detect falls automatically. It's so sensitive that even if I swing the thing a little it goes off. I stopped wearing it and as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of money. Still, I do like the service. One time I fell and couldn't get up myself, so I pushed the button. They called us back promptly and got the ambulance for me. The police were actually the first ones to get there but they got the ambulance too. I know that there's a few similar devices that are a little less expensive.

Anonymous Norwalk, OH

They don't know how to handle things. They keep calling the people in my contact list saying that there's a problem or something when there's no problem at all. They even sent me a new unit and it's still having problems. Evidently they don't work right.

R.G. or Anonymous Silver Spring, MD

I had broken my hip and had surgery for that. After I fell again I decided to go ahead and get it. I wear it all the time, even when I go out. Everyone in customer service seems to be so caring and helpful. I'm very impressed by them. It's very comforting to have it all the time with me wherever I go.

Carol Fortuna Costa Mesa, CA

Since I'm a widow and I live alone, I wanted to have something that would alert somebody in case I fell or needed help. I called LifeAlert and then Medical Alert and I just figured they were the best of the two. I've never used it, but I bought it as insurance in case I fell and couldn't get up. I do not like the wristband. As soon as I started using it I got wrist pain. It would come off when I was sleeping and it was made with such cheap materials that it just fell apart. I'm wearing the necklace now because of that.

Catherine Purificato Levittown, PA

I saw it advertised on TV and decided to call them for no special reason. In the end I decided to get the one they had. So far I haven't used it every day. I just wear it hoping that I don't actually need to push the button. Still, it makes me feel safer to have it. I'm glad that I got it.

Carol Jensen Fort Collins, CO

I checked them out and they seemed to have the best price. If you call for anything they help you out. On an occasion I became dehydrated and didn't realize it. When I tried to get up, I just slid out of my bed and fell. I pushed the button right and they came and got me right away. I ended up in the hospital, but I was ok. They're very thorough and I'm just completely satisfied with that. I had the one that detected falls but I didn't like that one at all. It seemed like it just went off on its own if you moved even a little bit, so I sent it back and got the regular one. It goes around my neck and it has been great. I haven't used it that much but I'm really liking it so far. I feel safe having it in case I need them here.

Marie Franklin Manchester, MO

I happened to see their advertisement and it seemed like something I could use. I usually put it on first thing in the morning and wear it until I go to bed. They are very conscientious. They've called me because I hadn't contacted them in a while. That time they checked on my equipment and everything to make sure that it was all working and in great condition.

Daretta Aldrich Clearwater, FL

It was recommended to me, so I just went with it. I wear it all the time and I get a good response from them. I like it.

Anonymous Arkadelphia, AR

I went shopping for one of these and someone called me about it, that's why I got it. I've only used it once when I fell outside and couldn't get up. Someone came out and helped me up. I was very satisfied with it. They responded pretty soon and came out promptly.

Anonymous Evansville, IN

I had taken a fall and broken my arm. When that happened my husband decided it was time to get some kind of protection for me. I wear the locket whenever I take a shower or if my husband is not around. I haven't had any problems so far and it's very convenient.

Gary Hester North Huntingdon, PA

My wife got it for me. They called the ambulance when I needed it, they were on the spot. The thing wore out on me though so I had to use the first year etiquette replacement they have.

Shirley Smith Corona, CA

I live in this apartment building for older people. It's nice and about twice a week I go to the dining hall and talk with others and everything. They have activities like movie nights and such. I also occasionally have doctor appointments and shop around a little. Because of that my daughter thought it would be good to have, just in case I need it. I've never had to call and sometimes I get confused with the buttons and everything. Still, I feel like it's always there and it gives me a feeling of security to have it. I know that it'll always call the right phone numbers on its own. I think it's the best, especially since my daughter wouldn't get anything but the very best for me. She takes very good care of me. I feel confident about the service, even though I really haven't had to use it. Sometimes when they call I don't always respond or don't cooperate all the time, but that's because I'm very hard of hearing and I get confused sometimes. I'm happy about the whole thing. I don't have negative comments about it. As long as I have my little button to press I feel confident in being able to help myself.

Cynthia Carlson Victor, NY

I had seen it advertised on a Sunday newspaper and after my kids pushed the issue I decided to get it. I haven't had to use it, thank goodness, but I wear the necklace.

Marlyn Davidhizar Elkhart, IN

We got set with a different one and paid for that one. In the end we went back and after having it for a bit we decided to try a different one. A few years ago I broke my ankle so I pushed the button. My daughter, who lives a few doors down, was very surprised that they were here within just a couple of minutes. It's a pretty fast service. There have also been accidental calls because the thing went off on its own. Still, I'm satisfied with it. It's better than the one we had before.

Shirley Steele Carmel, CA

They were the only ones that I had heard of, so I got it. The device is comfortable. It's slimmer than the one I had before and not quite as chunky. I can just tuck it in my bra if I want to. I know that it works and that there's going to be somewhere there if anything happens.

Alf North Saanich, BC

One of my kids checked it out on the internet and said it was the best one so I got it. I've only tested it so far. I had a thing that I could just clip on but it broke. They have sent me two already but they're different from the one I had. I keep telling them that I want one like the first one but they keep sending the wrong ones.

Robert Carlson Enfield, CT

There wasn't really any special reason for why I got it. I don't wear it constantly, but I think it's all ok.

D.D. or Anonymous Halifax, NS

They were the ones that I learned about first so I just kind of went with it. It's just there, if I need it I just use it. Over the years that I've had it I haven't had to call too many times. I had a very bad beginning with them though. It had been about a month since I had paid for the service and I was still waiting to get the device and everything. At night I fell off the bed and just kind of laid there on the floor from 4:30 in the morning until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I couldn't move, get up, or get help. In the end my daughter came and helped me and took me to the hospital in an ambulance. I got a concussion and three stitches from that fall. The very next day I got a parcel on the mail with the emergency button in it. I'm not sure why it was slow at coming, but it would've been useful if it had arrived just one day earlier. I would've had help right away rather than laying on the floor for hours. I've had no problems whatsoever since then though. Their customer service is very good. They always explain everything to me, even if I call them by accident in the middle of the night. They are always there when you call them and talk to you for as long as you want to talk to them. I'm satisfied with that.

Anonymous Stephenville, TX

My family helped me decide on which service to get so I went with this one. I haven't had to use it yet, I just have it with me during the day.

Glenn Artress Gaylord, MI

I can't quite remember why I got it first, probably because I used to have it years ago. I had to use it for an emergency a while ago, I think it was because I thought I was having a heart attack, though that wasn't the case. Still, on that occasion and whenever I call, which is a really rare occurrence, they answer my calls and are there right away.

Beulah Crockett Gregory, MI

My daughter in law was the one that decided I should have one of these. I haven't had to use it, but I know they are right there when I call them.

Argy Hager Bedford, VA

I had a medical alert system for years but it was tied to the house's phone line. I couldn't go beyond 100 feet away from my home. I looked around and they were the ones that met my needs and requirements so I went with them. I'm 85 years old, so I don't get out much, but I do go out occasionally and because of that I wear the fall detector around my neck. At first I was concerned about the GPS system since I wasn't sure it was going to be accurate. To test it I actually drove 15 miles out of town and pressed the button. They called me right away and told me the address that I was calling from. I was very pleased about that. Whenever I accidentally bang it against something they are always there right away to check on me. One time when I went out to check my mail, the neck piece got caught on the mailbox. I didn't realize it and it fell to the ground. When I saw it I picked it up and went back into my apartment only to realize that they were calling me. They wanted to make sure I was fine since the button had detected a fall. That made me feel very confident. Even though it was an accidental drop they were right there. The one time I actually needed them to send someone they paramedics were out there almost immediately. It's comparatively more expensive than other 2 services that I looked at.

Angie Clayton Manhattan Beach, CA

I just wanted to have one for me and I happened to see theirs, so I ordered it. Since I live on a two story house and I'm mainly on the floor upstairs, it's useful to have. I use it every night and if I'm home during the day. I also often keep it on when I leave or go out. Whenever I have contacted them they've been very helpful with whatever problem I have. I feel safer having it on. I'm happy with it.

Wanda Byers Mahomet, IL

I live with my daughter and I'm 81. She got it for me since she knows I can't go up and down the stairs easily and I've fallen before doing just that. I use it every day. I've even shown my granddaughter how to use it. She knows that if something happens to me, she can push the button to help me. I really appreciate having it.

Debby Tatigian Rockville, MD

At the time I saw an advertising on CBS and I got one for my mother back then. When it came to getting something for myself, I decided to go with them. I've never had to use it, thank goodness. At first I was worried about sleeping with it because I thought the alarm would go off by mistake but that has never happened. I don't have that much experience using it, but every time I have a question they have been more than helpful and they don't pressure you. No question seems to be too stupid to them.