Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Read FreedomPlus reviews below to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them and is available as soon as possible.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0 percent and 5 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Einar Maxwell
November 7th, 2019 Milton, FL

Very nice the gentlemen that I dealt with was very well spoken and knowledgeable. We were done with everything in about 45 min. Thank you Freedom Plus for helping me out.

ROBERT WENDEL
November 7th, 2019 Angleton, TX

The team I worked with is amazing, the process was smooth and they paid the companies directly which was great.

patricia a forrant
November 7th, 2019 Wilbraham, MA

Dan R was very knowledgeable, understanding and very quick with getting me my loan. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dan....This is my first loan with FreedomPlus but so far, so good...

LAURA COOKE
November 6th, 2019 Chardon, OH

I am pleased that I have been assisted in reaching my goals. Mr. Terrence C was helpful, informative, understanding and was a good listener. It's hard sometimes to realize that you need assistance whether short term or long, and to know that there is a means to obtain that is a good thing.

patricia henry
November 5th, 2019 Lakewood, NJ DETAILS

they were very good and kind. worked so hard for us. this is our 2nd loan with a great experience.

James W
November 4th, 2019 Clearlake Oaks, CA

Amanda A. called me even before I was finished completing my inquiry online! She walked me through the remainder of the process, then went above and beyond to ensure we received the best possible rate and terms to fit our needs. The whole process was complete within a half-day, a Friday afternoon, and checks will go out to our creditors next week. A thoroughly wonderful experience!

John Ferrarella
November 4th, 2019 Wayne, NJ DETAILS

Unable to get into my online account. Keeps telling me wrong username and password. Called and it was suppose to be corrected but was not.

Christina
November 1st, 2019 Bluebell, UT DETAILS

I’m so happy with my loan! It wasn’t to long of a process but my favorite part was it being over the phone. We even received it a day earlier than expected. I was able to pay off multiple cards and take my monthly payments down to one payment on a date I picked!

Kurt Cook
November 1st, 2019 Saint Joseph, MO

Krystal D did an amazing job with my application process and approval. My funds where available in just a few days. Spent extra time explaining my loan option questions so I could decide the amount, interest rate and term limits I felt comfortable with choosing. Will be paying my loan off early and will definitely be applying for a bigger loan in the future.

Teresa Chan
October 31st, 2019 Ferndale, WA DETAILS

We like FreedomPlus. You offer good rates and customer service. Amanda has been personable and professional. She could quickly identify our fiscal needs after just one conversation.

Jessica
October 31st, 2019 Ramona, CA

It was easier than I thought it was going to be to get the loan. What a relief to get the help to pay off my credit card debt. Customer service rep, Terrance was very helpful and informative. Freedom Plus so far so good.

STAN
October 31st, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS

The process was not only FAST but also STRESS FREE!!! As soon as my application was filled online in a matter of seconds I received an email and in less than FIVE minutes I was speaking to a loan rep. Not only did I get approved, but my rate was way better!

Y Miles
October 31st, 2019 Albuquerque, NM

It was a relief to finally get some of my credit card debt taken care of. I'd rather pay on a 2-3 year loan than pay the creditors forever. Great experience. Aleece R was attentive, helpful, and very responsive. The process was painless!

Ashley
October 31st, 2019 Gay, GA

Terrence is awesome!!The process was not drawn out and painful. Their technology makes it easier. I really had a good experience!

CASTRO
October 31st, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

BEWARE— of high interest loans that may take years to pay, even when your credit score is almost perfect. I highly recommend that you compare the benefits of getting a personal loan with your bank than FreedomPlus. I received a 17.9% $30,000 loan, with a 700 credit score. I was desperate to pay off all my credit debt. Loan payments was $650 to the principle and $350 for interest. Not to mention the application fee of $500.. It is a literary taking advantage of people. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone. I paid off my loan with within 8 months of seeing how much I was taken advantage of..

Yvonne
October 29th, 2019 San Diego, CA

It was a quick and easy transaction. Marcus was really helpful and provided all the information I requested. He made the process quick and simple.

Mahli Saunders
October 28th, 2019 Philadelphia, MS

I had a very great experience. The loan officer was very helpful.

Jonathan
October 25th, 2019 Little Elm, TX

I'm surprised it was that easy. Online approval substantiated with documents requested, the process went smooth and fast. I hope i won't use them again as i tried to fix my finances (which is a positive thing on my side) but if i needed financial help again, i would definitely give them a call.

Timothy Martin
October 25th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA

The loan officer was very professional he new his job which made it easier for me he explained the different types of loans and what would be best for me and my family. They were not pushing anything at me to seal a deal but was really helpful an every way. They did a wonderful job.

Gonzalo Acosta
October 25th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Excellent customer service, professionalism, transparency with the terms. Flexibility and fast and easy process.

Mia McDonald
October 25th, 2019 Newark, NJ

Terrence was absolutely thorough and waited while I read the entire contract. I didn't feel rush. He was very personable.

David
October 18th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL

The process was pleasurable and at the guidance of Amanda was very simple and easy. Would highly recommend FreedomPlus.

Jennifer
October 18th, 2019 Milan, MO

Very helpful and friendly customer service

Mary
October 17th, 2019 Austin, TX

Not a good company. They asked u to submit lots of documents and then will decline ur application after they approved you just because your W2 is handwritten. There are also originating fee of close to $500. Bank is still the best way to go. This company is a big joke.

Linda Wiseheart
October 17th, 2019 Knoxville, TN

Sandra M. E from Freedom Plus was completely professional and was able to get a personal loan at the lowest rate imaginable for me. She processed my information via telephone and I was approved in a unbelievable short amount of time. I would highly recommend Freedom Plus and Sandra M. E for all of your financial needs. The process was so unbelievably easy that I can barely believe it. Sandra was able to save me thousands of dollars and I am truly thankful. -Linda W.

J.C. Harvey
October 16th, 2019 Jackson, MI

Great representative made the whole process very simple. Couldn't be happier!

Thomas
October 15th, 2019 Colleyville, TX

Terrence worked with me, he was wonderful, kind and extremely efficient.

Myrna
October 15th, 2019 Oceanside, CA

Excellent experience with FreedomPlus loan consultant his name is David S, he made the impossible possible. I apply for a loan with another loan consultant, but he said it was denied, but for some reason David S was able to work something out so that I can get the loan that I needed. Thank you a million times to David S.

Brad
October 15th, 2019 Maumee, OH

Very polite and trustworthy. Very informative. Loan process went very smoothly. Thank you Jamie.

MARILYN ARMSTRONG
October 11th, 2019 Uxbridge, MA DETAILS

They are honest about what they are giving you for what you are paying, though I think their rates are awfully high.

Janice
October 8th, 2019 Erving, MA

Made a stressful situation so smooth and easy. Friendly representatives and I would recommend this company to anyone who is trying to get out of debt fast.

David Garcia
October 4th, 2019 Glendale Heights, IL

Great customer service and everything was done quickly

Ronald Rawlings
October 4th, 2019 Goldsboro, NC

being a former Police Officer, I was very skeptical about applying for a loan on line. The agents were very honest and told me how to check for my security. I am so happy to report that they were legit and helped me in every wau to secure my loan. yes they are real and they will help you secure your loan in a secure and timely manner.

Crystal
October 3rd, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Bait and switch bank. Kind of like a loan shark. Fast talking and you end up at a much higher percentage than originally quoted. Want to make extra payment by phone? That will cost you fifteen dollars but you won’t be told until you have already given them the info they need for transaction. Oh, and adding extra 4 percent interest for initiation fee? That will bring you annual percentage up. Beware

Gail E
October 2nd, 2019 Oxford, MI

Easy fast and very helpful person. All the facts are laid out in a contact so there is no guessing. Received my share of the loan in three days and able to pay off little bills. Very trustworthy company and I would recommend them to family and friends.

Craig Frazee
October 2nd, 2019 Mesa, AZ

Efficient, upfront and great follow through

Pippi
September 30th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

I was told at 6 months I could get a reduction in the APR. I reached out to the loan person I dealt with multiple times and have never heard back from him. I started making extra payments only to find I am being charged a “check fee” for the extra payments. Freedom Loans is not set up to receive electronic payments from my bank unless they are directly pulling those payments from my account. They are making sure to get their money by charging me a fee for every extra payment I make so they get aren’t losing out on all the money I am trying to save by paying the loan off early. I wish I had never done gone with this company.

Tom H
September 30th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

The whole process was hassle free and quickly completed.

Sandra
September 27th, 2019 Moorhead, MN

The ease of processing my application to getting an approval was fantastic. Had no idea when I applied online that day how fast it would be done. And in that same day!

KATHLEEN SELLMAN
September 27th, 2019 Fountain Hills, AZ DETAILS

I want to thank Jamie B for her great professional assistance in getting my loan. Jamie was wonderful and a pleasure to work with. Freedom plus is lucky to have such a great agent and she should be recognized for her work.

Angel Moreno
September 27th, 2019 Des Plaines, IL DETAILS

Honestly I rarely take the time to do reviews but I been amazed at how good the customer service has been. Friendly, quick, and informative. Not overly nice and confused. Rates are great as well!

Daryl Hockaday
September 26th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX

Amanda was AWESOME! Painless, efficient and effective loan processing. Had other online loan companies call in between time and was NO where near close to Amanda's professionalism and confidence in explaining items to me. YOU ROCK

Jerry Spencer
September 25th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA

Cassandra G is an outstanding loan consultant. She was very professional, accurate, and courteous. All the transactions went very smoothly, and stayed in contact with me every step of the way. It really enjoyable working with Cassandra.

Mary Thomas
September 25th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN

Ericka R, was very helpful and could understand her well. She was very respectful and if we had any questions she answered where we would understand.

Rob
September 24th, 2019 Prattville, AL

Amanda was very helpful and thorough with all the options.

Carolyn Daye
September 24th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

I called FreedomPlus to change my payments to once a month; however Mr. David S gave me other options to consider. I chose to pay a little more and continue working on my credit score!! FreedomPlus was very professional, informative and helpful to me!! Thank you all.

Debbie
September 23rd, 2019 Allentown, PA DETAILS

I agree with a lot of other reviewers on here that this place is a money stealer. I borrowed $7500 to consolidate my credit card bills and I have made one payment so far and my balance if $7507???? I guy I spoke to was a real smooth talker and when I questioned the interest rate of 26% he smoothed talked it by saying that it is cheaper than all the interest rates that I was paying on my credit cards together. He went over that part of the contract so fast I didn't have a chance to object. I totally 100% regret taking out this loan, I am in the process of trying to get a loan from my credit union (who I should have gone to in the first place but didn't think they would approve me because I already have a loan with them) and I would have avoided all of this crap. The interest rate for my credit union is 10% and I am praying I get approved for this. Then when I saw my payoff amount on my statement, it says is $7576!!! And the jerk never told me that there was an origination fee either, I asked for $7500 and I only have a little over $7100 to pay my bills off so I was left with balances on some of my credit cards because the loan wasn't enough to pay everything off completely. These guys are real slick, beware, stay away from this company. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Douglas C Meeks
September 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Application process was not too bad but not great, the main reason for 3 Stars is no Quicken support or not real way to download anything but maybe a monthly PDF type statement. Join teh 21st Century guys, people manage their money with software these days and you give no support

Richard Schellberg
September 20th, 2019 Sebastian, FL

I was totally in confusion on loan. Person who did loan kept telling me figures I did not under stand. I asked annual percent and kept giving me numbers I did not understand. When contract came interest was higher that loan I paid off and a $399 charge that I wasn't aware of. Watch your self on these money grabbers. Pissed of customer

Lacey
September 20th, 2019 Cedartown, GA

Erica R was excellent! Her communication skills made the process seamless!