Best Egg verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.9

Best Egg has been offering personal loans since 2014. Since then, it has funded over $2.5 billion in loans. Most Best Egg personal loans are used to consolidate high-interest debt. Other common uses include home improvement, business expenses, household expenses, moving or relocating, travel or vacation, credit card refinancing, or financing for other major purchases.

The Good

• Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation
  • 24-Hour Approval Process
  • Clear, Transparent Platform

Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation

Best Egg personal loans can be a great option for applicants looking to consolidate debt or pay off high-interest credit cards, primarily due to its low APRs (which range from 5.99 to 29.99 percent) and long max loan lengths (three or five years). Best Egg also gives its borrowers the opportunity to pay off their loan faster than is scheduled without being charged any additional fees. These terms provide a manageable payback process that is typically much more effective than other credit alternatives.

24-Hour Approval Process

With Best Egg's application process, loans can be approved on the same day the application was completed. In fact, the pre-approval process usually only takes a few minutes. Once the potential customer has submitted all of the required verifications, the loan will be approved within 24 hours. Funds are typically dispersed into the borrower's bank account the business day after they have been approved. However, this can vary slightly depending on which financial institution the borrower uses and any rules or stipulations it has for transferring money.

Clear, Transparent Platform

Best Egg makes repaying the loan a simple process. Customers can make payments by setting up an automatic electronic funds transfer, paying online, or sending a check through the mail. Payments sent in the mail should be given at least five to seven days to reach Best Egg. Customers can also set up a payment at a Western Union office. It is good to keep in mind that there is a fee charged for each transfer. However, Best Egg is transparent when it comes to sharing information with customers and provides clients with the fixed interest rates and monthly payment amounts upfront. Best Egg also provides an easy-to-find, clear privacy policy on its website with information detailing how to limit the sharing of clients' personal information.

The Bad

• Strict Approval Requirements
  • Origination Fee

Strict Approval Requirements

Best Egg has strict approval requirements that can be difficult for subprime applicants to meet. In order to have the best chance of qualifying for Best Egg's lowest 5.99 percent APR, applicants should have at least a 700 credit score and an annual individual income of at least $100,000; however, it should be noted that any applicant with a credit score over 640 is eligible to qualify for a loan from Best Egg, but at a higher rate.

Origination Fee

Best Egg charges an origination fee between 0.99 and 5.99 percent of the total loan amount. The company states that any five-year loan will have an origination fee of at least 4.99 percent. This fee is deducted from the loan when funds are deposited into your bank account, and is considered when calculating the annual interest rate.

The Bottom Line

Best Egg is a great personal loan company that offers loans for a variety of purposes, a quick approval process, and a transparent platform; however, approval may be difficult for some individuals to receive. Best Egg is quite selective with whom it will approve, taking into consideration debt-to-income ratio, income, and more.

4.9

Joseph

February 16th, 2018 Pomona, CA

I was trying to get a loan with good interest rates and I remember Best Egg sending out information by mail so I tried it. I was given the best interest rate from this company.

Charlie Phan

February 15th, 2018 Houston, TX

The comunication and the service you do are excellent

Angelo Sannino

February 15th, 2018 Elk Grove, CA

It was convenient and quick. Your terms are great.

Rocco Sainato

February 15th, 2018 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

2nd loan with them. Paid off an unexpected medical bill and improved my credit score significantly!

Peter Conradt

February 14th, 2018

Couldn't believe how easy it was. I was nervous however giving personal and account info out over the internet.

JoAnn Jones

February 14th, 2018 Bensalem, PA DETAILS

As I mentioned I have dealt with BestEgg before and both times I have been very pleased with the communication process, ease of using their online services and the professionalism of their employees.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

If you're pleased, then we're pleased! Thanks for sharing, JoAnn.

Enos E Lawson

February 14th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

Pros: Easy to apply, quick (funds deposited into my account in 2 days,), Communications were excellent (kept informed as to status), No pressure or gimmicks, easy repay plan. Cons: up front fee financed in loan, high interest rate. In fairness my credit score was average. There was full disclosure up front. If one needs funds and isn't in a great bargaining position, I recommend Best Egg.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Thank you for your review, Enos!

Bambi Shropshire

February 14th, 2018 Aurora, CO DETAILS

My loan has not funded yet but in attempting to have my very simple questions answered I had 2 agents, Joaquin and Marsha, put me on hold and never return to the line. I meerly wanted to have the APR explained, to know if I could pay the origination fee instead of "rolling it into the loan", and to see if I could request a smaller amount. Since I was not accepting the standard call-center answers which told me nothing, both agents put me on hold and never returned to the call. WAY TO DO BUSINESS BESTEGG! We're off to a great start!

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Hi Bambi. We're so sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Please know that we strive to provide excellence service to our customers. We have forwarded your concerns along so that a representative can reach out to you directly.

Joreen morris

February 14th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Best Egg was very much appreciated.Took only a few minutes and I was approved.Thank you

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing, Joreen!

Bill Cicco

February 13th, 2018 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS

From beginning to end, the process was effortless, hassle-free, quick, and convenient. It was akin to flying on autopilot or driving on cruise control. Virtually, everything was done for you, and in your interest.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy to hear that you liked driving on cruise control with us, Bill! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Ripley

February 13th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO

I received a notice in the mail that I was eligible to apply for a loan to consolidate my charge cards, etc. just at a time that I was constantly worried about all of my due dates. I recently had some emergency dental work done which I took out a Care Credit loan and along with my charge cards it seemed like I had a bill to pay every day. I have paid off all of my cards and feel so much better.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

We're happy that you feel better, Mary! Thanks for sharing.

Jim

February 13th, 2018 Chickasha, OK DETAILS

Your service was appreciated and your staff was very professional. I was able to have all my questions answered with clarity and with a positive customer service experience. Thank you.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Hi Jim! We're so happy to hear that your experience with Best Egg was a positive one!

Sue

February 13th, 2018 Swansea, MA

I am a very recent customer. The application process was very easy and straight forward. Getting the needed documents to them was super easy. I called and spoke to humans when I had questions. No prepayment fee. surprised I couldn't borrow less than 6001.00 but you can just pay extra and give it back. The money went into my account so fast and I needed it quickly thanks to a hot water heater.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Hi Sue! There are required minimum loan amounts that vary by state. If you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call.

Karene

February 13th, 2018 Oxford, PA

The online application process was actually very easy. I did have some questions so I called the toll free number and spoke to Mia. She was really great in helping me and answering my questions.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Hi Karene! We're happy that we could help! Thanks for sharing.

Derek

February 13th, 2018 Oak Grove, MO DETAILS

Simple and fast. Definitely the right choice.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

We're over the moon to hear that Best Egg was the right choice for you, Derek! Thanks for sharing.

Jim Russell

February 13th, 2018 Grand Rapids, MI

Very quick decision was made. Great communication!

Thanks for sharing, Jim!

Henry E Curtley

February 13th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

My Best Egg loan application was easy, quick and efficient.

Best Egg Feb. 15, 2018

Quick and efficient is what we like to hear!

Dennis Mahon

February 13th, 2018 Panama City Beach, FL

Very simple application, extremely fast responses. Offered a lower rate than a couple others I checked with, and this will be quite helpful to me.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're thrilled to hear that we could help!

Carol McGlinn

February 13th, 2018 Caribou, ME

The process was quick and easy. The approval rate was swift and the deposit was quick as well. I would highly recommend Best Egg to help with consolidating credit card debt!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Quick and easy is what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing, Carol.

CECILIA ALANIZ

February 13th, 2018 Port Isabel, TX

IT'S NEVER EASY TO GET INTO DEBT. YOU GAVE ME A GOOD WAY TO PAY IT. EASY TO APPLY.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Thanks for your review, Cecilia!

Brian eating

February 13th, 2018 Pepperell, MA

I needed help through a tough period. Turned down in less than 10 seconds. No better than any commercial bank. Not sure what the hype is. I have a good salaried job, own a home and have made mortgage payment on time every month for 12 years, but Best Egg can't give me a loan? waste of time!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Hi Brian. We're so sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied. Credit decisioning is based on many factors, including your ability to pay and considers criteria such as current income, debts, payment history, and credit bureau data. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, we would be more than happy to address them directly. However, to ensure that your privacy is protected, we kindly ask that you give us a call at 855-282-6353. We are available Monday through Thursday from 9:00am – 9:00pm, Friday from 9:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday from 10:00am – 5:00pm EST.

Delia Ortiz

February 12th, 2018 Ridgewood, NY DETAILS

BestEgg are the best they got me the loan I needed to pay off all my credit cards thanks again.

That's awesome, Delia!

Patricia Szanto

February 12th, 2018 Wanaque, NJ

This was the most professional, stress free, uncomplicated process from the very beginning starting with an easy log on, choices for loans and a very helpful and professional staff. I will recommend your company to a least three people. Great job by all!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received. Thanks for your feedback, Patricia!

darren

February 12th, 2018 Brookings, SD

was fairly easy for a person that doesnt like computers haha

That's great to hear!

Shirley

February 12th, 2018 Monroe, CT

Loan was explained to me very clear and loan was delivered very quick and prompt. Representative was very professional as well as she was very polite.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're thrilled to hear that you feel this way, Shirley. Thanks for sharing.

Angela Daniels

February 12th, 2018 Lacon, IL

The “mailing” was more professional looking than other similar offers received on the same day in mailbox. The ease of online application was a breeze. The percentage rate and terms were competitive and beat Lending Club offers by far. Money was in account within 48 hours and I never even had to speak with a person due to the online process being so incredibly clear and easy. The easiest, hassle free loan I have ever gotten

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Angela!

Bonnie D.

February 12th, 2018 Livonia, NY

What an awesome experience! All I want is a loan with a lower interest rate and lower monthly payments so I can finally get out of credit card debt. The application process was so much quicker and easier than other companies offering the same service. Thank you!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Hi Bonnie! We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg was an awesome one! Thanks for sharing.

Russell Williams

February 12th, 2018 Walled Lake, MI

Fast easy process! Great Rates and many options to choose from!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy you're happy!

jason himschoot

February 12th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL

At a time when I needed simple Best Egg provided it. Simple process, simple loan, simple solution. Excellent program.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy you think so! Thanks for your feedback, Jason.

Cynthia K Trepanier

February 12th, 2018 Plainfield, CT

Easy process. My furnace went and has to he replaced. Without this service I would have to wait 2 or 3 weeks

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're glad to hear that we could help! Good luck with your furnace, Cynthia!

Robby C Robinson

February 12th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

All the required information so straight forward and transparent. Easy as 123. What you see is TRULY WHAT BEST EGG DELIVERS... VERY QUICK, VERY, VERY SIMPLE...

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

That's wonderful to hear, Robby!

Kenneth

February 11th, 2018 Benton City, MO

I needed some cash to finish my flight lessons, best egg made it possible.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

That's awesome, Kenneth! Have fun flying!

Jennifer Gomes

February 11th, 2018 Riverside, RI

It was quick process, & I was also offered a $100 Amazon gift card for accepting the loan. I just want to make sure that I will be receiving that $100 gift card. When can I expect it? Will it come in mail??

Peter Orduno

February 11th, 2018 Ontario, CA

Simple just quick and easy plus the low interest as well

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

That's what we like to hear!

Yvette Padilla

February 11th, 2018 Linden, NJ

I received a mailer from Best Egg and decided to apply to attempt to save on interest from credit cards I had with balances. The application process was easy; I spoke with someone from customer service and they were very helpful. Response came quick and so did funding and the best part is, I'm saving money on interest. If you need help consolidating debt with a lower interest rate, give Best Egg a shot!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Hi Yvette! We're happy to hear that you decided to give Best Egg a shot! Thanks for sharing.

Michael J Turman

February 11th, 2018 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

Very easy to do business with. Great customer service too! I have had three loans through Best Egg and I highly recommend!

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

Thanks for continuing to be a loyal Best Egg customer! Thanks for sharing!

Dorothy Jones

February 11th, 2018 Chicago, IL

I receive a letter in the mail from Bestegg telling me that I'm pre approved for a loan for 50,000 . I was very hesitant to apply because I receive a letter two weeks ago from Personify Financial telling me the same thing and denied me don't know why. My credit isn't bad. So I was glad I was approved for the loan with Bestegg. Thanks you so much for your service.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're glad that you're glad!

roy grady

February 11th, 2018 Memphis, TN

Customer Service is so Polite and Helpful !

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received. Thanks for sharing!

Carin Nelson

February 11th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Extremely fast and efficient! When I didn't like the amounts for a higher loan, I easily changed it to a lower loan and proceeded.

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're happy to hear that you were easily able to make that change! Thanks for sharing, Carin!

joe volk

February 11th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS

Very easy and quick. No hard inquiry's on my credit report. But, interest rate to high !

Best Egg Feb. 14, 2018

We're sorry to hear that you feel that way, Joe.