Best Egg

9.0

Best Egg

verified
Best Egg offers APRs ranging from 5.99 to 29.99 percent

Best Egg is a personal loans lender and has been in operation since 2014. It has funded over $6 billion in loans. Most Best Egg personal loans are used to consolidate high-interest debt, like credit card debt. Best Egg loans are unsecured personal loans made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.

Loan amounts generally range from $2,000-$35,000. Best Egg offers fixed term plans and origination fees from 0.99-5.99 percent. Offers up to $50,000 may be available for qualified customers who receive offer codes in the mail. The minimum individual annual income needed to qualify for a loan of $50,000 is $130,000. The company boasts an A+ rating with BBB and has served more than 420,000 customers.

The Good

• Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation
  • Instant Approval Process
  • Clear, Transparent Platform

Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation

Best Egg personal loans can be an excellent option for applicants looking to consolidate debt or pay off high-interest credit card debt, primarily due to its low APRs* (which 5.99 to 29.99 percent) and long max loan lengths (three or five years). Best Egg also gives its borrowers the opportunity to pay off their loan faster than is scheduled without being charged any prepayment penalties. These loan terms provide a manageable payback process that is typically much more effective than other credit alternatives.

Instant Approval Process

After the application process is complete, Best Egg provides an instant decision (approved or declined) to prospective borrowers. Once the potential customer has submitted all of the required verifications, the funding of the loan can happen in as little as one day. Funds are typically dispersed into the borrower's bank account the business day after they have been approved. This can vary slightly depending on which financial institution the borrower uses and any rules or stipulations it has for transferring money.

Clear, Transparent Platform

Best Egg makes repaying loans a simple process. Customers can make loan payments by setting up an automatic electronic funds transfer, paying online, or sending a check through the mail. Payments sent in the mail should be given at least five to seven days to reach Best Egg. Borrowers enrolling in autopay for their monthly payments don’t have to worry about a payment processing fee. Customers can also set up monthly payments at a Western Union office. Keep in mind that there is a fee charged for each transfer.

Best Egg is transparent when it comes to sharing information with customers and provides clients with loan terms, including the fixed interest rates and monthly payment amounts, upfront. Best Egg also provides an easy-to-find, clear privacy policy on its website with information detailing how to limit the sharing of clients' personal information.

The Bad

• Strict Approval Requirements
  • Origination Fee

Strict Approval Requirements

Best Egg has strict approval requirements that can be difficult for subprime applicants to meet. In order to have the best chance of qualifying for Best Egg's lowest rate 5.99 percent APR, applicants should have at least a 700 credit score and an annual individual income of at least $100,000. However, any applicant with a credit score over 640 is eligible to qualify for a loan from Best Egg at a higher rate.

Origination Fee

Best Egg charges an origination fee between 0.99 percent and 5.99 percent of the total loan amount. The company states that any five-year loan will have an origination fee of at least 4.99 percent. This fee is deducted from the loan when funds are deposited into your bank account, and is considered when calculating the annual interest rate.*

The Bottom Line

Best Egg is the consumer brand of Marlette Funding. It is a great personal loan company that offers borrowers loans for a variety of purposes, including consolidation loans, credit card refinancing, and home improvement. These are encompassed in a quick approval process and a transparent platform.

Best Egg is unlike other online lending platforms that have to wait for investors to fund your loan. The company has investors who are ready to say "yes," to qualified applicants, which allows Best Egg to transfer funds electronically to a bank account in as little as one business day.

Best Egg loans are unsecured loans with a fixed monthly payment for the life of the loan. The online loan application process takes a few minutes to complete. Customers don't have to worry about checking rates impacting their credit score. There is also no prepayment penalty fee. However, approval may be difficult for some individuals to receive. Best Egg is quite selective with whom it will approve and takes into consideration debt-to-income ratio, credit history, income, and more.

*The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is the cost of credit as a yearly rate and ranges from 5.99%-29.99%, which may include an origination fee from 0.99%–5.99% that is deducted from loan proceeds. Any origination fee on a loan term 5 years or longer will be at least 4.99%. The APR offered will depend on your credit score, income, debt payment obligations, loan amount, loan term, credit usage history and other factors, and therefore may be higher than our lowest advertised rate. Requests for the highest loan amount may result in an APR higher than our lowest advertised rate. You need a minimum 700 FICO® score and a minimum individual annual income of $100,000 to qualify for our lowest rate.

Best Egg loans are unsecured personal loans made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. "Best Egg" is a trademark of Marlette Funding LLC. All uses of "Best Egg" on this site mean and shall refer to "the Best Egg personal loan" and/or "Best Egg on behalf of Cross River Bank, as originator of the Best Egg personal loan," as applicable. Loan amounts generally range from $2,000-$35,000. Offers up to $50,000 may be available for qualified customers who receive offer codes in the mail. The minimum individual annual income needed to qualify for a loan of $50,000 is $130,000. Borrowers may hold no more than two open Best Egg loans at any given time. In order to be eligible for a second Best Egg loan, your existing Best Egg loan must have been open for at least six months. Total existing Best Egg loan balances must not exceed $50,000. All loans in MA must exceed $6,000; in NM, OH must exceed $5,000; in GA must exceed $3,000. Borrowers should refer to their loan agreement for specific terms and conditions. Your verifiable income must support your ability to repay your loan. Upon loan funding, the timing of available funds may vary depending upon your bank's policies.

To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, Best Egg will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow the company to identify you.

4.9

Howard shiber
October 16th, 2018 Smyrna, DE

Great job , response rate was quick. Thought the process would be more involved.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

John Heth
October 16th, 2018 Rock Hill, SC

My loan request was handled very professionally. It was quick and easy.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

That's all great to hear! Thank you for sharing, John.

Tracey
October 16th, 2018 New Windsor, NY

The process was quick and simple. I would definitely recommend this type of loan for anyone who wants to consolidate their debt.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thanks for your recommendation, Tracey !

GSN
October 16th, 2018 Wharton, TX

Easy and a very well functioning internet experience.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Brenda
October 16th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

Love BESTEGG because it only takes minutes to get approved.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

The feeling's mutual, Brenda!

Ivette
October 15th, 2018 Sims, NC

I was very pleased with the service I received. The staff was knowledgeable, courteous, and eager to answer any questions or assist as needed.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're thrilled to hear that, Ivette!

Marie
October 15th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL

Thank you Best Egg. You all offer the best experience I've ever had. I'm sincerely grateful this loan was exactly what I needed. You solved my situation so fast. Thank you again

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

The pleasure is all ours, Marie :)

Greg
October 15th, 2018 North Berwick, ME DETAILS

The process was fast and straightforward, the only con that I have is that they do not inform you that there is an origination fee ( fee on top of the interest that you will be paying which is non refundable even paying off the loan early. If you need x amount off dollars you must Hal for more because the pull the origination fee from the amount you have asked for. They do give you different loan options but the don’t tell you about the fee before hand.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're so sorry to hear you feel this way. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. Please be assured that it is outlined in a customer's Truth In Lending Disclosure statement that is presented before accepting a loan, that one may be charged an Origination Fee. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to give us a call at 855-282-6353. Thank you.

Dana Ross
October 15th, 2018 Plainville, CT

So easy and helpful. I never knew it could be so easy. Payments are very affordable.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

This is fantastic to hear!

Mike
October 15th, 2018 Bandera, TX DETAILS

Best Egg has come through for us for the second time. The application process was easy and quick. Thank you, Best Egg!!!

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're over the moon to hear that Best Egg has been there for you! Thanks so much for your review.

Bev
October 15th, 2018 Webster, MA

Fast n easy online application process was a breeze. Loved the document upload feature!

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Brian R
October 15th, 2018 La Vernia, TX

It was a real easy process so far, you site was set up very well, it was really easy to navigate through.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

That's what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Joanne Legere
October 15th, 2018 Iva, SC

Best Egg is easy to apply for and helps you set a game plan for getting out of debt without struggling.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for your kind words, Joanne!

Patsy
October 15th, 2018 Orlando, FL

Easy loan process and good rates. It is my first loan with Best Egg.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thanks for sharing! Please let us know if you need anything going forward!

Allison M
October 15th, 2018 Crisfield, MD DETAILS

I was hesitant to apply for a loan but this process was quick and very easy. I had an answer within a few minutes!! Definitely would recommend Best Egg for anyone considering a loan!!

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for your glowing recommendation, Allison!

Courtney Horton
October 15th, 2018 Fayetteville, NC

The quick processing was amazing and it definitely came through when I needed it the most.

Birchee
October 15th, 2018 Chocowinity, NC

I have an amazing new job and just needed to consolidate my debt until I get my first paycheck. THANK YOU Best Egg... had tears in my eyes that you helped me in my transition. So appreciative and will spread the word!

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

The pleasure is all ours! Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

Gordie
October 15th, 2018 Townsend, MA

The experience was fast and easy. Had all of my questions answered online without confusion.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're thrilled to know that your experience with Best Egg has been great so far!

Carol
October 15th, 2018 Cherryville, NC

I was very empresses with online service

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're happy to hear that we impressed you, Carol!

Mom
October 15th, 2018 Asheboro, NC

I can't believe easy this application process was. I did this on my phone in less than 15 minutes and got approved.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Ariel
October 15th, 2018 Elizabeth, NJ

Quick and simple with no Hassle. This loan going to be a big help to get out of tough jam.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're thrilled to hear that, Ariel!

MURIEL SUMMERVILLE
October 15th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

A LADY NAMED MS.JUDY HELPED ME IN SUCH A PLEASANT WAY I FELT GREAT.SHE TAUGHT ME HOW TO PROCESS THIS LOAN ON MY COMPUTER. I GIVE HER THE THUMBS UP .THANK YOU VERY MUCH ..MS.JUDY...

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

This is fantastic to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Elizabeth Foronda
October 15th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Just so fast and efficient! Love it! The ease of the process has been great and just the process itself is easy

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

If you’re happy, then we’re happy!

George
October 15th, 2018 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Easy, fast, affordable, and even received a courtesy call to answer any questions

Blackthorne99
October 15th, 2018 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Several years ago, I had a personal loan with Best Egg to help with the purchase of my house. The loan was easy to apply for, everything occurred as they stated. I occasionally needed help with their website since I didn't go there very much, but all in all, it was a great experience. Because of that, I just applied for a new one, and so far, the process has been just as smooth. I especially liked the fact that I was able to check rates BEFORE impacting my credit.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're thrilled to know that your experiences with Best Egg were positive! Thanks for sharing.

Todd
October 15th, 2018 Dawsonville, GA DETAILS

This is my second loan with them and I find them to be fair, reliable and quick

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We're pleased to hear that you're pleased, Todd!

Chris Smith
October 15th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Great fast service, I would certainly recommend to a friend or family member.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

We appreciate your recommendation!

Deborah S
October 15th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA

This is the first time that I'm glad I kept what I thought was just "junk" mail. I hate to admit my financial health needed improved. I didn't want to live pay to pay and constantly "just" paying the minimum on my bills and not getting anywhere for it. After some due diligence I'm glad I chose this company for the positive reviews I read, application process, ease of applying, quick decision for my needs and budget but mostly I didn't feel I was being taken advantage of from the beginning Thanks to Best Egg I'm on the road to better financial health.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

This review is totally amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us, Deborah!

Tena G
October 15th, 2018 Lakeland, FL

Fast and painless application process. I've honestly never experienced any loan application process as smooth as this was. Highly recommend

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

That's great to hear! Thanks for your recommendation, Tena!

Teresa Kennedy
October 15th, 2018 Greer, SC

It was so easy to apply and best egg rates are very competitive with other lenders

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

This is fantastic to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Teresa!

Jen
October 15th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Good rates with decent loan amounts. A pleasure to do business with in a quick amount of time.

[email protected]Oct 16, 2018

The pleasure is all ours, Jen :)

Janet
October 12th, 2018 Paducah, KY DETAILS

This process couldn't have been easier or quicker! As I was nearing my mid 60's I wanted to lower my interest on the small amount of debt I had so I could pay it off sooner. Best Egg made the process painless and I was approved in less than 24 hours! Thanks Best Egg!

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

The pleasure is all ours, Janet :)

Aaron
October 12th, 2018 Monticello, IL

quick, efficient and seamless process!!! So far I am impressed

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

We're happy to hear that we impressed you!

Bill
October 12th, 2018 Wilmington, OH

Transaction was easy, but the interest rate was higher than expected and the origination fee was too much I thought, but overall it was an easy process.

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

rob
October 12th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN

Very fast and easy loan application but I was most surprised that the Interest Rates were very competitive with similar lenders that required more docs. etc

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Rob!

Alan Hurd
October 12th, 2018 Newnan, GA DETAILS

I was not aware of the $800 origination fee. This is such a steep amount and it may have been in the fine print. But not well visible. Very dissatisfied.

[email protected]Oct 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. Please be assured that it is outlined in a customer's Truth In Lending Disclosure statement that they are presented before accepting a loan, that one may be charged an Origination Fee. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call at 855-282-6353.

Rolando Muzquiz
October 12th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX

The process was very simple and prompt. Best Egg was recommended from a friend and they were right on point. I will certainly do this again.

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing, Rolando.

Don
October 12th, 2018

Very fast, streamlined online process with fair rates. I will use Best Egg in the future Don

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

We're thrilled to hear that, Don!

Kathryn
October 11th, 2018 Eatontown, NJ

Easy application,no nonsense, right to the point, thank you 🙏

[email protected]Oct 11, 2018

The pleasure is all ours :)

Stephanie
October 12th, 2018 Victor, NY

The application process was extremely easy and fast! Approved in a matter of minutes. I compared multiple lenders before selecting Best Egg and found that Best Egg offered the lowest interest rate and best terms for what I was looking for to consolidate my debt. Great experience so far!

[email protected]Oct 12, 2018

That's great to hear that everything has gone well so far, Stephanie!