Best Company Guarantee Best Egg Logo

Best Egg

9.9

LAST UPDATED: September 28th, 2022

Best Egg is an online lending platform focused on personal loans. The company has helped fund over $7 billion in personal loans since its founding in 2014. Most Best Egg personal loans are used as debt consolidation loans to pay off high-interest debt, like credit cards, but you can use them for a variety of expenses. The company offers competitive rates through its second partner bank, Blue Ridge Bank.

With an exceptional consumer star-rating on BestCompany.com, Best Egg loan reviews indicate a quality company with exceptional service. These reviews offer a comprehensive look at the pros and cons of borrowing money through this service through the lens of people like you.

search

• Minimum income — $35,000
  • Minimum credit qualification — 600
  • Loan repayment term — 36–60 months
  • Rates (fixed) — 7.99%–35.99% APR

Continue reading for a full review of the company, as well as verified Best Egg reviews.

The Good

• Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation
  • Instant Decision Process
  • Clear, Transparent Platform
  • No Prepayment Penalty Fee
  • Due Date Changes for Eligible Borrowers
  • Fixed-Term Plans
  • Simple Interest Loans
  • Secured Loan Option
  • No Credit Impact for Loan Pre-Qualification
  • Positive Best Egg Reviews

Great for High-Interest Debt Consolidation

Are you looking to consolidate your debt with a personal loan?

Best Egg personal loans can be an excellent option for applicants looking to consolidate debt or pay off high-interest credit card debt, primarily due to its low annual percentage rates ( APRs*) ranging from 7.99 percent to 35.99 percent, and loan terms ranging from three to five years.

Best Egg also gives borrowers the opportunity to pay off their loan faster than is scheduled, without being charged any prepayment penalties. These loan terms provide a manageable payback process that is typically much more effective than many other debt relief or consolidation companies.

Instant Decision Process

After the application process is complete, Best Egg provides an instant approval decision. Because Best Egg is an online lending platform, the loan application process is quick and easy, making it simple for consumers to apply and receive funds.

After submitting any documents for verification, customers could have money in their bank account in as little as one business day. Nearly all customers will be funded within three business days after final approval, depending on their banks' policies.

It is important to note that most personal loan lenders have an online application, but some will also require applicants to speak with a company representative over the phone to complete the process. A entirely online application can save you more time and get you funding much faster, as is the case with Best Egg.

Clear, Transparent Platform

Best Egg makes repaying loans simple, with several options to make loan payments:

• Setting up automatic payment through electronic funds transfer
  • Paying online
  • Sending a check through the mail — Payments sent in the mail should be given at least five to seven days to reach Best Egg.

Borrowers don't have to worry about a payment processing fee. Customers can also set up monthly payments at a Western Union office. Keep in mind that there is a fee charged for each transfer.

Best Egg is transparent when it comes to sharing information with customers and provides clients with loan terms, including fixed interest rates and monthly payment amounts. Best Egg also provides an easy-to-find, clear privacy policy on its website with information detailing how it limits the sharing of clients' personal information.

Best Egg's website is easy-to-use and transparent and has the majority of information you will need with answers to common questions you may have. Your personalized Best Egg login also has your account information listed, including account balance, payment due date and amount, late payment info, as well as your payoff amount. Having all of this readily available to you makes it simple to manage your personal loan and ensure you stay up-to-date with payments and important changes to your account.

No Prepayment Penalty Fee

Best Egg does not charge a prepayment penalty fee if you decide to make extra payments or repay the loan faster than your loan term requires. Prepaying on your loan will reduce the amount of interest you pay, so this will only benefit you if you choose to do so. Be sure to regularly communicate with Best Egg once you have your loan, so you always know what your payoff amount is.

You can see your payoff amount at any time through the Best Egg account portal. This will also show you how much you could save in interest fees if you pay off your loan early. Penalty-free prepayment is always preferable, especially if you are looking for a consolidation loan with the goal of eliminating needless interest and fees on your other accounts.

Due Date Changes for Eligible Borrowers

Best Egg personal loan payment due dates are subject to change for eligible borrowers. This allows flexibility for consumers to change the due date if necessary. For example, if you prefer to pay your bills at the end of the month versus the beginning of the month, Best Egg, when possible, will work with you to decide on a due date that works best for your budget and financial situation.

Fixed-Term Plans

Best Egg offers personal loans with fixed-term plans.

This means that the amount you pay each month will not fluctuate, and your rates will stay the same throughout the lifespan of your Best Egg loan term.

This provides peace of mind and stability to borrowers and makes it easier for them to stay on top of payments throughout the loan term, as there will be no rate changes that can be expected with a variable rate personal loan.

Simple Interest Loans

Best Egg loans offer simple interest loans rather than compound interest loans. Simple interest can save you more money overall because interest is calculated only on the outstanding principal balance. Compound interest loans charge interest on the principal as well as on accumulated interest from past non-payments, thus potentially increasing your payments.

Secured Loan Option

If you have a low credit score and would be considered a "high-risk" borrower, Best Egg does offer a secured loan option, requiring collateral — something of value that you own, such as a car, home, or other property — instead of relying wholly upon your credit to make a lending decision. Secured loans pose less risk for a lender since your collateral can be seized in a situation where you are unable to make your payments, ensuring that the lender receives some sort of compensation.

This is a unique option in the personal loan industry, providing a wider range of borrower the opportunity to be approved for a loan with Best Egg.

No Credit Impact for Loan Pre-Qualification

When you check your rate and potential to qualify through the Best Egg lending platform, your credit score will not be impacted.

Like many online lenders, Best Egg uses a soft credit inquiry to see if you are eligible and to determine what your rates would be. This requires entering personal details including your name, address, social security number, annual salary, whether you have recently used your credit card for a cash advance, etc. The opportunity to pre-qualify makes it easy for potential borrowers to make smarter financial decisions. They can compare lender rates and decide if Best Egg is right for them, without negatively impacting their credit in the process.

If you choose to accept Best Egg's loan offer a hard credit inquiry will be performed, which is standard in the industry.

Positive Best Egg Reviews

The majority of Best Egg loan reviews left on BestCompany.com from real customers are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting the following:

• Quick and straightforward loan application and process
  • Satisfactory rates
  • Excellent customer service

Best Egg complaints are limited.

If you are interested in reading all current Best Egg reviews, click here.

The Bad

• Loan Origination Fees
  • No Joint Loans Available
  • Not Available in all States

Loan Origination Fees

Best Egg personal loans have an origination fee between 0.99 and 8.99 percent of the total loan amount. The origination fee is the one-time cost for Best Egg processing the loan.

Unlike the interest rate, the APR includes both the interest rate and all fees, including the origination fee.

Best Egg states that any loan with a five-year repayment period will have a loan origination fee of at least 4.99 percent. This fee is deducted from the loan when funds are deposited into your bank account and is considered when calculating the annual interest rate.*

No Joint Loans Available

Best Egg does not currently offer joint loans. Many other lenders have a joint loan and/or cosigner option which can help subprime borrowers qualify and receive lower rates.

If you are looking for a personal loan, but want to apply with a cosigner, consider lending sites like FreedomPlus and Upgrade, or peer-to-peer lending platform, LendingClub.

Not Available in all States

Best Egg's personal loan products and services are available in 47 states, including Washington, D.C. However, loan products and services are not available in the following states:

• Iowa
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia

If you reside in any of the listed states, you will need to look into other personal loan company options.

The Bottom Line

The Best Egg platform offers personal loans to borrowers with good credit and excellent credit. These loans can be used for a variety of purposes, including debt consolidation loans, credit card refinancing, and home improvement — but cannot be used for a student loan or auto loan (which is typical for personal loan companies). These loans are encompassed in a quick approval process and a transparent platform.

Best Egg is unlike online peer-to-peer lending platforms that have to wait for investors to fund loans. Its financial institution partner, Cross River Bank, is ready to fund qualified applicants, which allows Best Egg to transfer funds electronically to a bank account in as little as one business day.

Best Egg offers unsecured loans with a fixed monthly payment for the life of the loan. The online loan application process takes a few minutes to complete. A soft credit check will be performed once an application is submitted, but customers don't need to worry about this credit check having an impact on their credit score or showing up on a credit report. There is also no prepayment penalty fee.

Approval requirements are low and minimal, which is particularly good news for subprime borrowers — Best Egg's minimum credit score is 600 and minimum income is $35,000. This could make it easier to approved for a personal loan, although your rates and terms will still be dependent upon your finances.

Read Best Egg loan reviews below to see what consumers are saying about this online lending service.

*Best Egg loans are unsecured or secured personal loans made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or Blue Ridge Bank, a Nationally Chartered Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Best Egg Credit Card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD pursuant to a license by Visa International. “Best Egg” is a trademark of Marlette Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation. All uses of “Best Egg” refer to “the Best Egg personal loan” and/or “Best Egg on behalf of Cross River Bank or Blue Ridge Bank, as originator of the Best Egg personal loan,” as applicable.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.9

merkiesway Auburndale, FL

Very professional customer service and really helped me when I needed the most to help me with financial situation at the time! Will recommend to other people and it was much better than my own bank Jp Morgan Chase who I never heard from after applying and I have been doing business with them for over 10 yrs. Very dissapointed with the Chase Bank which I expected easy access for any financial situation with them!

Senen Cancel Cleveland, OH

I want to rate this company an a+++, because they were very honest about the amount of time I was going take to receiving the loan. Another is that the staff there was very helpful and pleasant every time I spoke to someone. Thankyou so much for the loan I was able to receive to help me for the purpose I needed to use the money for, sincerely Senen Cancel

Sep. 23rd, 2022

Michael Sweeney Pittsford, NY

Best Egg has always been very easy to work with. I have always been pleased when doing business with Best Egg, and my impression is that they want to be an asset in helping me to achieve my goals, rather than seeing me as an opportunity for business. Thank you Best Egg!

Joy Young Montgomery, AL

Best loan experience EVER! Easy and fast! The customer service was A-1 (thank you Sophie and Diamond)! This is my third loan with Best Egg and I couldn’t be happier. The rates are EXTREMELY competitive. I was able to consolidate my credit card debt into one monthly, fixed rate payment saving me about $250 a month. Thank you, Best Egg! I’m a customer and a fan!

Gabrielle Furrow Bradenton, FL

I’ve been looking at personal loans for awhile and was shopping around for the best interest rate I could find. When I first checked the interest rates with Best Egg I wasn’t overly thrilled since I was finding better rates elsewhere. However, one day I got a letter in the mail from them like the typical ads you normally get. Well when I opened it up I was given an offer code for a SIGNIFICANTLY lower rate than I’ve ever seen for any personal loan. I thought it was way too good to be true. Best Egg proved me wrong, and not only did they get me the super low interest rate, but they got it to me in about a day. These guys are legit and are saving me a ton of money.

Irene Milwaukee, WI

Before Best Egg with regard to selecting a company who would lend me money, the majority of them would say that they could give me "up to" a certain amount of money for a loan, however, they consistently fell short of what I needed, so I almost gave up trying; especially because I'm a female senior on social security. Any, when Best Egg accepted me and gave me several options, I immediately jumped at it. I haven't been with them for very long, but I love the service and customer care I've received. I would recommend them highly.

Jul. 1st, 2022

Michelle Mccusker Leavenworth, KS

It was easy to get approved! I wanted to consolidate my card credit and it was super easy. I had no problems. Just submitted what they needed and in a couple days I had the money in my account.

Deborah Chicago, IL

I’ve used Best Egg before and was impressed with the process. This time was so easy and smooth, I was worried I had accidentally clicked on a scam. Highly recommend Best Egg.

TDII Wahiawa, HI

Above board customer service with a smile. I did not see them, however the service provided speaks volumes of the professional, knowledgeable and politeness received during my loan process.

roxieanna baskerville Silver Spring, MD

I thank the young lady Ms Star who stayed on the line until we figured out the manual verification of the payroll provider. She then helped me to determine how to complete the application She deserves 5 Stars!

Sep. 23rd, 2022

Debra Sturdevant-Toher Smithfield, RI

I started my application on line but needed further information. I contacted the number on the sheet. I was immediately connected to Ken in Customer Service . He was very nice and answered my question. Then was sent to Bobbi in the Loan department. She was so great and very patient with me. Walked me through everything. Great experience.

Adrienne Mitchell Monson, MA

The experience was quick and easy! A representative called me while I was finishing the application process to congratulate me, verify the agreement, and offered to help me walk through the final steps. Thank you Best Egg for this opportunity!

Laurie p (MzHoney'Laboo) Hammond, IN

Best Egg is true to their word when it come to being approved this will be my 2nd Loan I love the low payments that I can work with. Using my loan to pay off bills and then only have one and keep building my credit line up too 725 and building. Thanks Best Egg.

Sep. 19th, 2022

Carole Thomas Kansas City, MO

Why can't everything be this easy. I am very happy with the process and it is pretty flawless. Money comes in a reasonable amount of time and is helping me get some things done I have put off long enough. Thank you BEST EGG, you really are the BEST!

Maria Navarro Palmdale, CA

I was very happy with the customer service and how helpful the operator was with me on phone helping me with the process. I would totally recommend anyone to your lending co. Thank you again Id like to thank briana for her Great helpful customer service

Angel Figueroa Revere, MA

Thank you, I have no other words how to describe how grateful I am right now. I was in a deep financial crisis and no other financial institution would help me until I came across your company and was approved within 2 days. You saved me from who knows what. Even tho the interest is supper high, I needed the money within 24 hours and you made it possible. Thank you again.

MsColorado78 New Ipswich, NH

The whole process was very easy and didn't take long. You're given several options to chose what works best for you. I had a very knowledgeable, friendly and patient person help me through the process and answered all my many questions. If she didn't know the answer she found it out. This is my second loan through Best Egg and I have been very happy with their service.

Jennifer White Bluffton, SC

This is my second personal loan with Best Egg. Everyone once in a while I have unexpected expenses and use a credit card with high interest rates that takes a while to pay off. This is a fast way to get a small loan with great rates to pay off the high interest card. With the option to pay off in full (or just make higher/extra payments) I pay off the debt in less than half the time.

Maria Crase Alpharetta, GA

Craziest thing ever! I entered very minimal information and it took me a few minutes. Within less than 24hrs of applying it was deposited into my Wells Fargo account. CRAZY!!! I didn’t even have to deal with a chat bot or a live human person. Pretty cool! I can now pay off all my credit cards and spare myself all that interest for several cards. Oh and my credit score is less than 650! I do have an excellent payment history and a great credit mix. My credit utilization is what kills me. And maybe my 2015 bankruptcy. Either way I look less than perfect on paper. So glad they took a chance on me! :)

Aug. 15th, 2022

Sandra Fromdahl Hemet, CA

I was in dire need of help financially; I had a bankruptcy and oh kay credit score and just needed to pay off my credit cards I never heard of Best Egg but filled out the application knowing no one would loan me the money. Many declined letters for a couple of weeks then a bank approved my application we set up direct deposit and 3 days later monies in the bank. Relief and now just one payment every month.

Jun. 24th, 2022

Randall Bunch Chicago, IL

The process was simple and easy. When I called to speak with someone, I expected to wait for a while. But I got lucky and chatted with an assistant right away!

ctcomputers2002 Westport, CT

Easy to work with online program. Quick response. Fast deposit. Processing time is rapid. Best Egg makes the entire experience convenient. I enjoy the lender's streamlined steps.

FrancineMarie Loysville, PA

Extremely quick process! Didn’t take long at all to know that I was approved. My monthly payments are very reasonable, and hopefully my funds will be in my account soon 🙂

Ronald Hazelwood Elizabethtown, KY

The process was as simple as 1,2,3... Honestly, it doesn't get any easier applying for a loan. It's great to see that my good credit and hard work over the last 20 years account for something. Whole process was done from the comfort of my home. Rates were extremely competitive. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Best Egg !!

Marsean Phoenix, AZ

Alice F? Was the 3rd rep I spoke to in regards to verifying my checking account. She went above and beyond to ensure the process was complete. She is simply amazing and she deserves a raise and a management or training position.

KEW58 Sacramento, CA

Your customer service is over-the-top. The rep that assisted me over the phone was very patient and helped me figure out my best option. I was approved in just a matter of moments. I am still amazed that it went so fast. Thanks for being so wonderful

Sam Foster MI

I was blown away with the ease of the process. I was in desperate need for a medical surgery. Other venders where slow and asked for documentation most people don’t ask for. I tried Best Egg and couldn’t be happier with the process

jtreeh Pacific, MO

The application process was very easy to fill out and submit. The decision was made very quickly, and although I just finished the process, and am now waiting for the funds to be deposited, I am very pleased with the process. I would most definitely refer any one to Best Egg for financial assistance.

Sep. 6th, 2022

Peter Hutchison Port Charlotte, FL

Such an amazing, easy to use interface. This couldn’t have gone any smoother and it was honestly the best experience I’ve had with a lot of companies. The steps are easy to follow and before you know it the process is done and you receive an answer on the spot! I’d highly recommend

Sep. 6th, 2022

Raymond West

This company is the easiest to deal with of all the personal loan companies, and their rates were far and away better than any other, and believe me, I checked them all. What a great and professional outfit to work with. % stars for sure. Highly recommend!!

Sep. 2nd, 2022

john hearn Aiken, SC

VERY EASY PAPERWORK, GOOD INTEREST RATE, VERY QUICK APPROVAL PROCESS. I HAVE USED THEIR SERVICE BEFORE AND THE PROCESS WAS THE SAME AS BEFORE. EVERYTHING ABOUT THE LOAN IS CLEARLY LISTED AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND . i HAVE FOUND THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS EASIER THAN DEALING WITH MY LOCAL BANK.I CANNOT THINT OF AVY THING I DISLIKED ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE.

Aug. 31st, 2022

Paul Kostenko Moses Lake, WA

Great company, the staff is super friendly and described the terms and agreements in a very easy way to understand. I was very pleased with how fast the team processed and handled my loan. will definitly do business again in the future.

Aug. 31st, 2022

Penny Rivenburg Bel Air, MD

Easy to get the money I needed to consolidate debt. Good rate. Helped me out when I lost my job by lowering my payments for 3 months and not having to pay that money back. It saved me one entire payment. Great to work with.

Jul. 12th, 2022

Paul McKean Sarasota, FL

Easy, fast and courteous. They made everything easy and quick. It was a bad couple of months for my income but, I made it through a trying period - now my income is more than ever. Thanks best egg!

Jul. 12th, 2022

Darren Canton, OH

Fairly easy to apply online, this I know because I'm not the savviest with technology... But shortly after I completed my application. I received a follow up call from a representative from best egg. She & another guided me to the finish line with great patients. I'm very greatful for the positive experience thus far. I hoping that this will continue to the end. Thank you!

Aug. 29th, 2022

Amy Buffalo, NY

The three different BEST EGG agents I spoke with were exceptional! They were professional, patient, courteous, and addressed every single question and concern I had regarding this loan approval and really made the entire application and approval process seamless. I am confident I made a great choice accepting this offer from BEST EGG. Thank you for the impeccable service!

Aug. 26th, 2022

Veronika Volok Portland, OR

Really happy with Best Egg. It’s my second time using them for a personal loan to consolidate my debt, and they gave me a chance where other loan companies denied me. I’m happy to say my credit score is the highest it’s ever been and I feel confident I will achieve my financial goals thanks to Best Egg. Their rates are good and the amount I received was even better.

Aug. 22nd, 2022

Maxie Cincinnati, OH

The process was extremely easy and the response time for approval was immediate. I have had other loan options to consider and decided on this one due to all the reviews I had read that were positive. Im now on the positive review side spectrum of this company and also to recommend to others that you should apply to this company if in need of a loan and enjoy a simplified great experience that is rare to come by.

Aug. 18th, 2022

Victoria Phillippi Ellwood City, PA

You were the only ones to ever give me a chance. Everyone was so professional and helpful. The entire process went quickly and smoothly overall with everything transparent. Questions were answered immediately. I will continue to do business with Best Egg. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity and relieving this huge stress from my shoulders. You don't know how much I appreciate you. ***Happy Tears***

Aug. 18th, 2022

Stanley Tobin Miami, FL

What I like best is how easy it is to go through the application process, and how reasonable the rates are. BY FAR the best technology, the most professional, user-friendly and especially the best rates of any personal lender that I'm aware of. 3rd time using them and will continue to rely on them for personal loans as needed in the future. A highly trustworthy counterparty!

Aug. 15th, 2022

plefaive Minneapolis, MN

I went back and forth on doing this for months. I calculated all my bills and went through different options on how to get them paid off. This was by far the best option. The interest for three years may seem high but calculate how much you are paying now, I was shocked. The best part is my monthly payment is a great deal less than what I have been paying separately. Even better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In three years it will all be paid off.

Aug. 12th, 2022

Mary Alexandria, VA

Must say I was very skeptical about applying but after reading the reviews I applied a rep phoned immediately I answered after several rings was afraid of being scammed. My credit score is not the best due to debt ratio surprising the loan was approved the reps were upfront with the fee charged and interest rate. The finds were deposited within 24 hours very happy customer.

Aug. 12th, 2022

Barry Kibler Catasauqua, PA

I couldn't get a simple loan at any bank even my own that I've been a member with for 15 years without a co signer, best egg helped me out with 2 loans without any questions asked except simple life questions. It was easy and I am grateful. I will be using best egg in the future many times if possible when I need a loan.

Jun. 24th, 2022

DRM Stewartstown, PA

After receiving an invitation from Best Egg, I applied for funds online. Applying online was easy but you will need various forms of information to complete the process. My initial application was denied because Best Egg did not recognize my credit union for direct payment authorization. I did re-apply and accepted an alternative offer that was provided. During this process I called Best Egg by phone, connection with a representative was easy. The representatives answered my questions and were very helpful with the process. I would recommend Best Egg to anyone considering a loan, the best opportunities will be those with a good credit score and solid income. DRM

Jul. 22nd, 2022

Seanna Smallwood NA

Jun. 16th, 2022

Don Brophy NA

Jun. 16th, 2022

Megan Kinley Georgia

Mar. 16th, 2022

Mary Nutt Pompano Beach, FL

Best Egg is awesome! I got help with my existing loan and also approved for another loan today! Dora L assisted me and made everything so simple!

23 hours ago

Mitch Mittelstaedt Seattle, WA

Fantastic on line service not loaded with a bunch of garbage associated offers. Straight forward and to the point Thank you

Roger Philadelphia, PA

Paul W was very helpful with the process. He made me feel very comfortable and answered all of my questions. He was very knowledgeable about my situation.

Reply from Best Egg

This is fantastic to hear!