Suddenlink Logo

3.7

LAST UPDATED: August 15th, 2022

Suddenlink communication is a full service telecommunications company. They offer their customers entertainment and communication needs including internet, television, phone, and home security. Suddenlink services 1.5 million residential customers and has won many awards for their great reputation as a company who takes care of their customers and employees. They offer fast speeds with no contract and list availablity in fifteen states on their site.

The Good

• Customizable Suddenlink Internet Plan
  • Incredibly Quick Speeds
  • Other Services

Customizable Suddenlink Internet Plan

Many people use the internet on a daily basis, but each customer has different needs when it comes to internet usage. For example, some people want the fastest download speeds available, regardless of price, while others prefer average speeds and a low, affordable price. Suddenlink's packages meet the varying needs of its customers through customizable service plans. Suddenlink customers can choose which services they want (internet, TV, phone, home security) and how much of each service they would like. This allows the Suddenlink customer to get exactly what is needed at a price point that fits any budget.

Incredibly Quick Speeds

Suddenlink offers four download and upload speed options for their customers:

• 50 Mbps (download), 5 Mbps (upload)
  • 100 Mbps (download), 10 Mbps (upload)
  • 200 Mbps (download), 20 Mbps (upload)
  • 1 GB (download), 50 Mbps (upload)

Many internet providers offer download speeds that are within Suddenlink's first two tiers (50 Mbps and 100 Mbps), but there are very few providers that offer gigabit ethernet speed. This is an incredibly fast download speed and makes Suddenlink stand out in the industry.

Other Services

In addition its role as internet service provider (ISP), Suddenlink also offers several other services including cable provider, phone service, and home security company. Customers have the option to bundle these services and receive discounts. They may also choose to pay extra for additional cable channels and second line phone service.

The Bad

• Higher Than Average Prices
  • Data Limits

Higher Than Average Prices

Since Suddenlink allows its customers to customize their service plans, prices vary from customer to customer. Additionally, prices vary depending on location. Because of this, potential customers are not able to obtain a quote unless they provide a physical address. Suddenlink does advertise that its internet plans start at $34.99 per month. While this is not outrageously high, it is on the higher end for low-tier packages in the industry. There are several other providers that offer lower prices for similar speeds.

Data Limits

Although Suddenlink advertises high speed internet, customers do have to keep an eye on how much data they use each month because the company has a data limit set on each of its Suddenlink internet packages. Data caps for each package are as follows:

• 250 GB per month
  • 350 GB per month
  • 450 GB per month
  • 550 GB per month
  • Unlimited

If a customer goes over the data limit for their respective data plan, they will be required to pay an overage fee.

The Bottom Line

Suddenlink is a broadband internet provider that offers customizable service plans, quick download speeds, and a variety of other services. However, Suddenlink customers will be subject to data caps, higher-than-average prices, and are only available in nine states. We also like that they do not require contracts, and that they offer a variety of customer support options. If you live within Suddenlink's service area, we recommend taking a look at their customizable packages.

View Best Internet Service Companies

1.3

Harry Cramerton, NC

Absolutely worthless company. The only it is in business here is there is no competition. Constant signal failure from 5pm to 10pm. Average outage is 4 per hour from 5 min to 15 min. Local government looking to remove this company when other option appear.

Shelley Seale Leander, TX

If I could give Suddenlink NO STARS I would. Or even negative stars. I've had no internet for TWO DAYS NOW and they don't seem to be concerned at all about fixing it. Unacceptable. (Note: they are changing to Optimum so avoid them too! Probably to get away from the name Suddenlink that's associated with SO MANY unhappy customers and bad reviews). Their service is TERRIBLE. I have not had internet now for 2 days. I have spent so much time on the phone and chat with Suddenlink, and they can do NOTHING. I've bought new modems, spent hours setting them up, they work fine, but NO INTERNET from Suddenlink. Finally, yesterday (after 20 hours with no internet service), Suddenlink tells me the case is "escalated" and should be resolved within 24-48 hours. ?!?!?!?! One to two DAYS? For them to repair/resolve their own internet issue? Like most people I work from home and this is completely unacceptable. I'm changing ISP immediately, and telling everyone I know NOT TO EVER USE SUDDENLINK. Their service is a joke.

MisterB Lake Havasu City, AZ

First year of 400mbps Internet only (unlimited data) at the promo price of $49. It worked flawless and speeds were right under 400mbps. After the first year speeds dropped to around 300 give or take, depending on the time of day. I was ok with that and the $20 increase for service. For the next year or so I had no problem, until I started loosing connections, speeds were way down to 10 mbps or less and my modem was constantly rebooting.. I needed to get tough as I called support and scheduled technicians one after another. The problem was that nobody wanted to do any actual work to fix the problem which the techs and myself agreed that the Tap at my termination box needed replacing. I had a total of 8 techs out in 6 months. I ended up filing a report with the FCC, the BBB, and ended up contacting the Altice Corporate office on the east coast. I logged every conversation, and every email and kept good notes. So there would be no confusion or question later. I finally had enough of their bs and another $30 increase for services that were in dispte and not receiving. I filed a complaint through the Atorney Generals office in AZ. This must have stirred the hornets nest as corporate passed the message down to the incompetant techs at Suddenlink to fix the problem corectly. Sure enough the faulty Tap was finally replaced as suggested, and I became a believer again. I would suggest this path to all who have issues with your ISP. Don't let them treat you wrong, know that you have rights and channels that you can take. Don't hesitate to write to the CEO of your cable company, and make sure to keep track of all conversations, emails, phone calls, service calls, dates and times. Good luck, it takes alot of patience and determination.

preston wilder San Antonio, TX

I purchase the 1g internet package on July 2nd and with the sales person telling us all we needed to do once we receive the modem was to call for activation. So on July 5th that's what we did and there was no internet provided. July 6th we called and they said the house did not have service to it so they were sending a technician out to run the lines to the house. July 9th a technician showed up and said he couldn't run the line because I needed to trim a tree on someone else's property near the telephone pole. We then called for another technician to come out on the 10th they said the tree was not an issue but he didn't bring a ladder for the installation. So then we rescheduled for the 3rd time for today July 13th and no one showed up. Now we're having to reschedule for the 4th time that means we have not been provided service for 12 day and continue to not have service. Extremely upset with this company and technicians. Been told that the 16th they will come to complete the job...we'll see

Jonathan Chacon Canton, TX

The worst company ever!! Horrible customer service, escalation of charges and no notifications when a payment is not processed. Had a mishap with my credit card and payment was not accepted for two months. When I called customer service for my commercial account nothing was done! The customer service attendant told me that they do not provide refunds or corrections for fees charged. Wtf?! I have had a stellar pay history for the past 5 years with them and this is what they say… Wow!! First opportunity I get I’m leaving Suddenlink, what a rip off!

Harry Malone Kansas City, KS

Service interrupted on a regular basis. They had the basic plan. Then every other billing cycle the amount increased to $80 a month . This outfit has the worst customer service each agent has untruthful replies. The billing department are the most corrupt scammers. Do not try to disconnect from these crooks. Over and over I called to remove service. Each month they kept sending an outrageous total. All this time I had T-Mobile.

Kathy Gillis Grass Valley, CA

Not happy with Suddenlink!!! Netflix always goes out. The technician came out several times. Says not their problem. It’s 3rd, party problem. The buffering continues on a show, can’t watch , it used to work a few years ago , then sold the Company to someone else. So we sit here, pay Suddenlink every month for crummy service. I should cancel,but, what else can we watch ? Regular T.V. Is ok on Suddenlink other service is HBO , costs more , so what to do ? Unhappy customer.

Travis Bishop Lufkin, TX

Subscribed to 1 gig internet. The fastest hardwired speed i get averages 300 mbs. I experience multiple outages and extremely slow speeds, 60 to 70 mbs, daily. They also suffer network outages that last hours. The last one was about 8 hours. When I signed up, they promised a $300 gift card. The first month, they billed the wrong address and didn't credit my account which was set up for auto pay. They charged me a late fee and refused to issue the promised card, even though it was their fault. To summarize, I would'nt recommend trusting them to provide the promised services, and definitely do not trust them to supply promised rewards and incentives. The whole program is a lie and designed to fail. IMO. So, if you depend on consistent, trustworthy service, look elsewhere. I'm switching to Consolidated. Fully fiber optic network with unlimited bandwidth, for a cheaper price.

Anthony Roop Detroit, MI

Got service on May 21, 2022. They said the cable running across my front yard and driveway. Would be buried in 5 to 7 business days. Their bury team marked it as complete but never showed up. Now they are telling me that since I called on June 8th. That it would be an additional 10 to 14 days from that time. My cars are driving over the cable. My HOA is complaining about the cable( yes they suck too). Spoke to a supervisor and he said well it will get done when it gets done. Horrible company!! Horrible CS!! DO NOT USE THEM!! GO WITH ANYONE ELSE!! The cable software is not a good interface either.

soldon Craigslist MI

It's too bad that Charter Communications had to sell to suddenlink. I have changed their name to sudden-junk because Altice services have never worked properly for me the entire time that they have taken over ownership. Every time I've had an issue I've had to wait on the phone at least 2 hours then to have them hang up so I have to call them back or tell me that it's my old modem giving all the problems.. So I then went out and purchased a new modem and router - the ones that they recommend on their website and I ran into the exact same issues of my Internet cutting out during my 8 hour work day at least 4 times but mostly 7 times A-day. They actually have ridiculous Internet speeds too when you are connected using the 100 mag you'll get about 10 to 20 most of the time unless you're doing a speed test which will show you that it will hit a 100 but it won't stay. Also the Cable TV kept pausing and having trouble but they checked the line and said everything was good and wanted to charge me and I said don't you dare! My neighbor switched to CAS cable and I finally decided to move over to them and I have never been happier as I have not been down once since I converted over and our cable TV works beautifully... We're also paying over $40 less per month and getting a 100 Meg faster speeds that are actual 200 Meg.. Run from optimum/altice/sudden junk and save yourself the frustration of not being able to call anybody for customer service or getting any real help.. Bottom line is they are the worst of anything I've ever had because even my old DSL did better than these guys have lately.. If I could give half a star I would!!

Charles Beckler Kingwood, TX

Suddenlink is the worst internet provider I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to subscribe from. If they did not have a literal monopoly on my area, so that I have NO other alternatives, I would have disconnected their services. If you ever have any other options, do NOT get internet from Suddenlink. They had the wrong apartment number for my service, and I called them SIX TIMES to correct the address. Each time they told me the address had been corrected in their system--a blatant lie. I warned them that as soon as someone moved into the vacant apartment we were not in, they would have an issue when that person tried to connect their service. I was completely right. I woke up to to calls from Suddenlink that there was an issue with service at "my" address. After spending a lot of time on the phone with them, again, I have MAYBE gotten my service switched to the correct address, but they are forcing me to wait for a technician to come out since my service was "disconnected." You know, at the place I NEVER LIVED. They have been nothing but incompetent and deceitful. It was also impossible for me to see what service package we had from their awful website when I was trying to set up my "new" service AT THE ADDRESS I HAVE LIVED AT FOR A MONTH AND HAVE SERVICE AT. Currently, I cannot even access my online account for the correct address and set up bill pay or anything. It is STILL the wrong address. In short, Suddenlink is incompetent, lying, never actually addresses their issues, has infrastructure that makes correcting or changing anything on your account a complete nightmare, and overall is a TERRIBLE internet service provider.

J Carpenter Tyler, TX

Absolutely the worst internet provider. The service goes out every day and often. Need a competitor to take over their market.

carla webb Lubbock, TX

I was charged a late fee because I was signed up for EZ pay and I was not informed that it took 60 days to go through. So please be aware that they will still your money if they get a chance.

Debbie King Garland, TX

Signed up for internet. Was given an installment date. Drove 156 miles round trip to our lake house only to find out they hadn't run cables. They charged our checking account $105.98 for work NEVER done. Called 4 times. Given run around. Told it would take 7 - 10 business days to get our money back. No apologies. No service. TERRIBLE. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

Mr Dankler Batesville, AR

Literally the worst company on the planet. Just a complete scam. Customer service will only talk to you if you want to pay a bill and they scammed us out of 100 dollars saying we didn't return equipment that they picked up themselves. I cannot believe how terrible these people are. Paid for a gig of internet that never got faster than 500mb. Doubled the price after a year and then said they would lower it after I had to stay on the phone for an hour and a half to cancel the service. Switched to ATT Fiber and couldn't be happier. Cheaper, faster, no idiot, scam customer service.

dook pinky Nacogdoches, TX

Company is totally dishonest. Foreign speaking customer service, they dont understand issue and I can't understand them. Language accent problem. Unreasonable costs after 12 months promotion. Fees charged that don't make sense. SMALL DATA CAP IF YOU USE A ROKU OR SUCH!! Calling, texting complaining does nothing. They tell you to like it or lump it, no help!! Turn them into FCC. That helps some. Not amazing!!!

Brian Bidwell Spring Branch, TX

Arguably one of the worst customer service companies on the map. It almost appears their policies and business model is to irritate the customer and lose their business forever rather than help and earn their trust. No question I would go without cable or internet before I would ever sign up with Suddenlink again. Not a reputable company and should be avoided at all cost. They do not value you as a customer!

A Realtor In Sedona Cottonwood, AZ

I've only owned my home for 45 days and from day 1, I've had issues with Suddenlink! If you own a vacation rental home and have high-end clients, you may be crediting your guests more than what the service costs each month because Suddenlink has so many issues in Sedona. I'm waiting for Tesla's new They've had 3 technicians come out and no one will resolve the issue. Their techs don't care, they don't spend time trouble-shooting. They won't call 30 minutes before arriving (even if you work 10 minutes from home and need to work to actually pay the bill)! This is such an incompetent company and they haven't gotten better. I sell more real estate in Sedona and warn all my clients they're in for a disappointing awakening if they use Suddenlink. The problem is all the internet providers in Sedona, Cornville, Clarkdale, Cottonwood aren't really much better. I'm on the list for Starlink (Tesla) on all 4 of my homes and can't wait to get rid of Suddenlink!

Janet Welch Bryan, TX

My bill has never never had overages even when we had four other people in our home for 6 months .. we are struggling like so many are . My bill went up 300 dollars this month..are you fricking kidding me ,and calling them just adds insult to injury which leaves me in tears or a raging nut job..and honestly get no where, now I get why our area has social media pages that are growing constantly and the community has come together to fight for a new provider in area and achieved it,regular customers that went out and meet with companies about providing in this area..I get it now,..but it's not over for me because one thing that I have zero tolerance for as I age is getting someone steal or take from my family,if I ever find myself on Capitol hill in a picket line that's the one I'll spend my last breath on..done and makes no difference if it's 5 bucks or five thousand, ..it's not yours and I want it back. My bank did a 3 way way call with me recently with a company that charged me but never provided a service and tried to pass me off to another company that they used to contract service..no ,hell no you hired them not me,you call them..you took the money and made the promise so no that's on you,..point was I told the man from bank as call was going thru that he might regret doing this with me that I've got I quit and no is not the answer I'm willing to take, I'll stay on for days if need be,you might wanna get out while the getting good....that was over 45bucks lol,

Sean Alexandre Los Angeles, CA

How has Suddenlink not been shut down for such despicable business practices? I've been a customer for many years and it seems like the higher their prices get, the lower there quality goes. I have 50Mb connection which has increased in price a little bit at a time. Ok, I can understand that. Prices go up. But then a few months ago, the price jumped up through the roof. It turned out, everyone in my county received a huge increase and people were furious. My county and city supervisors, as well as a couple of adjacent municipalities, are actually starting their own investigations into Suddenlink because of citizens outcries. Not only have prices gone out of control, but they have little to no customer service. Good luck if you need a technician to come out. And if they do finally get there, you better hope they fix the problem the first time. So, on with my story. I called SatanLink to ask why my cost went up so much. They just told me it was a regular increase. So I asked to speak to someone in their customer retention department. When I reached that department, I asked them to consider how long I had been a customer and to work with me on pricing. I even pointed out that it seemed a bit unfair that my price goes up so much when a new customer can get a really good price for a better service package. I understand that they offer these as promotions and I wasn't even asking for the promo price. All I asked for was my regular rate to go back. They finally agreed to that. I still paid the inflated price for 2 months but I let that go. Now the real fun begins. My 50mb connection has a 250gb data cap each month. That's fine. I work over 60 hours a week and I'm not home much so I can live with that. My internet habits have not changed but, mysteriously, my data cap nearly doubled in March. With that, they charged me an extra $15 for every 50gb I went over for an added charge of $75. I looked at my data usage in their site and it was normal for the most part but there a few days that were heavier than others. It even showed one day that I supposedly used over 50gb. In a single day!? I don't think so. Then, I just found out today that I somehow went over the limit by a few Gb so I have a new charge on my next bill for an extra $15. That's interesting since I was out of town for 10 days. So, I call billing. I tell them what's going on and why it isn't physically possible for me to have gone over these limits. The agent does everything he can to find ways to blame me. I guess that's how they train them these days. I live alone and no one else has my passcodes. No one else was using my connection. The agent even said it could have been hackers in the neighborhood. I have a proximity limit on my router so unless someone was sitting on my property just outside my bedroom window, then that isn't possible either. I even checked my router logs and all devices are accounted for. Of course, the agent was happy to offer me an upgrade to a higher priced package with unlimited data so I could avoid these overages in the future. Of course. I finally got frustrated and hung up, waited a few minutes and called back. I asked to speak to a supervisor but I was told no supervisor was available. Really? A company that huge and no supervisor? The lady I spoke to was very nice and I explained everything to her and she agreed that I needed to escalate this. She said the best she could do is take my number and have a supervisor call me back. Oh, here we go. Has any supervisor called me back? I think we all know the answer to that. I find it very interesting that I'm having these overages all of a sudden after I managed to negotiate my rate. My internet habits have not changed in about 3 years since I've been working at this job. I work around 60 hours a week and I'm only home at night. I watch a little bit of TV and maybe a few YouTube videos but thats about it. I even have my AT&T hotspot that I use in the field. It gives me 100gb a month and I don't come anywhere near the cap. I'm actually using it right now to write this review. I literally use it more than my home internet. I would love to be able to just get rid of SatanLink and just use my hotspot but cellular data isn't always stable in my area and the speeds fluctuate a lot. There are no other providers in my area and SatanLink has a monopoly and they know it. They have no incentives to provide actual customer service.

ty D Allen, TX

Suddenlink came in and installed lines in our community we were excited to switch to a higher speed internet. They came in and had issues running their service to our home, after months of rescheduling and having different people come out and do nothing we had to move on and cancel. We never received equipment, or any type of service yet they want to bill us $300. Absolutely ridiculous, it has been 2 years!! every time they sell the debt to a new collection company, we have to call suddenlink on three-way with the collection company in line. Expect an entire day wasted because the wait time are over an hour and when you finally connect with someone they are not able to help. worst company, worst customer service, if you have options..... RUN! and do not look back. save yourself the headache and years of frustration.

Douglas Mount Gladewater, TX

I’ve been with Suddenlink for over 30 years. Each year is a little higher and a little worse. This year is by far the worst. My bill went up by 90.00 and they charged double for last month. All because my equipment was over 15 years old and wouldn’t work anymore. They brought new boxes and the tech couldn’t even hook them up. He was here about 3 hours and made 20 calls to his trainer. He said he had been there 3 weeks. Don’t expect to get help on the phone either. Most of their reps only speak basic English so they don’t know or care what you have to say to them. You never get to speak to one twice . If you get disconnected you have to start all over with the automated service and another rep. They will hang up if they don’t want to listen. But they don’t understand you anyway. I wish someone else would come in and offer service in my area. I would gladly switch. Bottom line you will regret getting Suddenlink . And get ready for a huge bill if you do. Worst company ever.

Christy Mattson Eureka, CA

I have been a Suddenlink customer for 2 years now & I have had nothing but positive customer service interaction. They have been extremely helpful solving any Internet or TV issues and have been extremely accommodating helping me keep my cost down.

Betty Jason

Suddenlink have been great. My experience with them was my internet service had stopped working so I called suddenlink and talked to someone about the problem. They told me what to do at home with my box after discovering it was nothing wrong on their end. I did what they told me on my box at home and the problem was fixed. The representative was friendly and knowledgeable about the problem and it was not a long wait to get someone on the phone. I don't see where they need to improve because I had an awesome experience with the representative. I would recommend suddenlink to whoever can receive them in their city.

Barbara O'Brien Tyler, TX

We are still in a battle with them. No one there will help you. They will send people out that do absolutely nothing. Of course, our service doesn't work. We have a small business that is primarily internet-driven. So I am screaming but to no one. They have the monopoly. They are not concerned.

Camile Tricomo Elk Grove, CA

They make it impossible to cancel. They even lied to get me into not cancelling today. They then try to sell you anything up until the point of cancellation. Internet service is dodgy and constantly having outages, at least once a week if not more. They will still charge you though. Overpriced and downright crappy.

Murph Esq San Diego, CA

Appallingly bad internet service including modems that fail frequently and service “technicians “ who apparently have no idea what they are doing and fail to show up—Yesterday they gave a “window” of 10am to 8 pm AND THEY NEVER SHOWED UP THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE We work from home and must have internet to function We are considering a class action suit against SUDDENLINK for breach of contract and possibly for fraud . Please contact us here if you have any interest in joining the suit

Richard O Neal Allen, TX

Suddenlink sucks. Why, they have worked on my service over and over and over. Keeps going out, for no reason, and now, outside my house, they have cut my cable to my home, so as to make others work better, but leave me with no service. This is second time in a year, they have done this. First time, they unplugged cable. Now, they have cut the cable. I am furious with Suddenlink. Would not recommend to my dog for service with Suddenlink.

WRJN263 Memphis, TN

I was having Internet connection issues. Tech came to my house & laid a temporary new line in my yard from the house to the street. Cable was to be buried. Service worked until Saturday afternoon when I came home to no internet There was a new line that had been buried in a small trench.. I called Suddenlink & they promptly lied by saying their techs don't work on Saturday although someone who doesn't work weekends had been here Saturday afternoon. The soonest I'd get help would be Wednesday. Their mistake - but the usual condescending "unfortunately we are unable" to send someone to fix it. I've had them 12 years. When it works it's great, but getting any issues resolved is like pulling teeth. It is MUCH WORSE since Altice took over. I have to tolerate it since they have a monopoly for my community. No regulations or competition means "lose lose" for the consumer. There is no other option so I just have to keep paying for lousy service that is out for days at a time.

Danielle Brinkman Ozark, MO

Horrible customer service from the beginning. My install appointment was cancelled and I was never contacted so I waited for them for 4 hours before calling to find out my service request had been cancelled. I paid for the 1gb internet package and our speeds were never above 200mbps. Mostly they were below 50 mbps. Finally, when I cancelled to go with a local company they charged me $345 for unreturned equipment when I had the tracking number saying the equipment was returned and signed for. After I cancelled and was charged the equipment fee, I could not speak to a representative so I ended up just paying it and was never given a confirmation number that the outstanding balance was paid.

Dave Champion Kingman, AZ

Worst company with which I've ever done business. The initial rep lied to me when I was setting up the account. The internet service goes down repeatedly. Their techs "no call, no show" time and again. They change a service appointment date & time on their end without notification to the customer and then attempt to use that as justification for why no one showed up on the agreed upon day & time. Their people are trained to apologize profusely while doing nothing to rectify their atrocious customer service. Were it not for the fact that I live in a rural community where internet via Suddenlink cable is the only option, I'd be gone. If you have any other option do NOT do business with Suddenlink. As bad as this review sounds, Suddenlink is worse. I'm just keeping it short.

MR Mitchell Winnsboro, TX

I've been a Suddenlink customer for years. Since their acquisition the service has declined sharply. Many of their technicians are now contractors who don't care about quality. I average four service calls a year, usually no less than two to resolve a single issue. Suddenlink pricing has escalated dramatically in recent years. It seems that quality is less important than profitability. After declining an upgrade to 100 mbps service several times, I recently learned that Suddenlink upgraded the entire region (Northeast Texas) to no less than 100 and increased everyone's bill by $30.00 a month. So, now I get poor service at a higher price. Were that not enough, their billing and customer support teams are not customer focused in the least. I recently learned that after giving my internet router/modem back to them, they continued to bill rental fees for five more months. Save your money. Fortunately, Peoples and Frontier are expanding in North Texas and we'll have more choices soon. I'll move my business to any service provider who offers a high quality service at fair prices. It's good to have options.

Kara Smith Austin, TX

Horrible! Unfortunately there are no other choices in my small rural town until Starlink reaches us, which is soon, thank goodness! Overpriced and SLOW. But best part is I have several properties on Air BnB, we sold our personal house and I called to turn off service to that house. I was very clear to ONLY turn off service to that ONE property. They of course cancelled all my accounts leaving my renters with no Wi-Fi. This happened outside of their “office hours” so I called first thing the next morning to only be told I have to wait 24 hrs to get service back. Twice I requested to speak to a supervisor and twice they said they would call back and nothing. I spent two hours on the phone with them and got nothing resolved and I’m now at 24hrs and still no service. I had to refund part of my renters stay. I will be closing all Suddenlink accounts as soon as new options are available.

John Sanger, TX

Worst company by far i have ever dealt with. Made numerous promises and never followed thru due to their internet never working. Never received gift card as promised, always some excuse but i was on auto pay since inception. Quoted monthly prices then billed 15 to 20 dollars higher. Wont let you cancel, just keep passing you around and making offers they know they wont come thru with as long as they can just keep billing you. I have never felt so scammed in my life, let alone their product doesnt even work which several technicians told me our area has tons of issues. Took my time to write this so people researching know what they will deal with picking these people over other choices. Dont fall for their promises!!!

Justin Neisser Fort Worth, TX

We have had suddenlink for about a year now and it’s been rough. When the internet is up and running it’s fast and great. Unfortunately that’s only about 6 to 9 days out of the month. The rest of the month is little to no service at all and my phone sounds like I hit the jackpot at the casino from all of the outage alerts they send me about my area. The one thing that I have payed attention to in detail is that since the day we got suddenlink is what I call their “scheme”. So out bill is due around the 18th of every month. Now from the 1st until the day we pay our bill the internet is good most days but every month, as soon as we pay the bill, the internet speed drops to almost nothing and remains there until the 1st of the next month. This whole country is like that. The internet speeds are directed to whomever companies want to kiss up to while the rest of us, who work from home and make money with the internet, money that’s put back into the community to “stimulate” it, suffer. We all pay out bills so that “Important” people can have our internet. For a country thats “prides” itself on this “all is equal crap”, nothing is equal. I get off my butt everyday and earn my living while half the country sits on theirs. And I pay for it. This is a third world country now. Has been since “hope and change”

Eric Sweetwater, TX

I have been a Suddenlink customer since 2007. never had a problem till this year. when my daughter was about 2 she started using our iPad a lot. in my internet bill was a notice that we went over on date use. next month again. So I went to the office and increased our plan to unlimited date. Never gave it a second thought. Over the years had small increases in the bill nothing unusual. Till January this year and our bill was $475. I was shocked but okay I missed a bill or something. So I pay it. then started looking closer. We were hit with over $300 dollars in date overage fee. Uh! What? we are on unlimited plan. A long the way they dropped my plan WITH OUT MY KNOWLEDGE! Okay I am mad but what ever I need internet. Call them up wont do anything about the bill but will get me back on an unlimited plan. Okay every things good we are back square. Representative said you will not see any overage charge next month. WRONG! Bill is now $575. Call them up oh that was data used before you switched. I should have never been off unlimited, called you to get it fixed. At least drop this overage charge I already paid the previous one that should have never been in the first place. Geez! anyway I will be switching we have other providers. Complained to my friends and coworkers apparently this is not an isolated incident numerous examples of billing issues.

Gary Upa St Louis, MO

It’s not Suddenlink but SuddenDeLinked! My complain is pending from last 7 days and none of the technicians visited so far! And that too, mine is business account! I wonder what they would be doing with retail customers! I called up daily to take follow up on my complaint but each day got new complaint number and no resolution! And it’s just a call center agents who interacts with us! Despite of several requests to let me allow to speak with someone responsible, they failed to connect me! Once they took my number and assured me that I’ll receive a call back in next half an hour from a senior person; took me around two hours to realize it was nothing but a joke and a shear lie! I spoke every day with different agents like Karim, Yousuf, Omar, Mo, Omar, Manar, Abdullah and more. I’ve the dates and interaction or complaint numbers from all of them. When I asked what do they do with old complaints once they give me new complaint number everyday; to which they said the TEAM will work on the closer of it! Well, TEAM just don’t suit this company for sure! CLOSURE of the company may be very soon if they keep treating their customers like this. Each time they asked me to unplug the connection, wait for five minutes, connect and check 4 lights on Modem. Everyday for last 7 days I’m doing this and confirming the status with them that only first 3 lights stands steady and that too, goes off and comes back. And I don’t have the device visible on WiFi. So they reached the conclusion that my modem needed to be replaced. And the Modem is company’s property and not mine! But still, even after 7 days, it hasn’t been replaced yet! The probable date is Feb 28th 2022 for the visit of technician! Now, when I asked them why the technicians are not able to make a visit, their answer was “they’re busy with outage problem!” So I asked them is that too frequent, the outage? To my surprise agent Manar told me that in my area there was an outage on Feb 10/11/12/13/14/15/17/18/19/20/21/23! Fantastic company! Now I understand why none of the superior wanted to be on call with customers! God save this company and customers like me!! BTW; I already applied for another company connection. And if Suddenlink wants to confirm, I’ve the complaint or the order or request or interaction numbers given by the agents mentioned above!

Sallye Alling

2 years ago, 4 times in 1 year they said I was late and charged me. After the first time I made sure it was in the mail the next morning early. It took them 16 days to process my bill because of covid but I had to pay the late fee. I have never been late paying a bill! Last year I was charged data useful over my limit for 3 months earlier. When I called they "guess I had just used more". Friday I got charged $270 over my normal for data overage. Again I had paid 2 bills since this occurred Dec 15-Jan 15. I was told maybe someone had my password, they would take 50 off. I told them several times I wanted to cancel that day (Fri 18th).I was then told not until I returned their equipment. I have none of theirs, then I was told not until March 18 could it be shut down. Then I was put on hold for 10 minutes and I hung up. When I called back I got man that I could understand very well. He offered me a $90 discount each month for the next 3 months after I paid this, and then said "don't you have a friend, brother or kids that can pay it for you? " I live on social security and have a pretty routine life so how does this happen? Also you pay a month in advance so why couldn't it be shut off the day I called or at least this week? Another thing why wasn't at least part of it put on my bill that I paid in Jan because they say it started Dec15th.

DontDoIt! Port Aransas, TX

OVER PRICED. I have for landline phone and basic cable its 219$!!!!!!!!! They charge you for stuff you dont even need or have the ability to have. They go up and up and up every year with no reason.

Barry Williams Plano, TX

I had an appointment in the 11-2 window today. Nobody has shown up. No updates. I’ve called 3 times and gotten no help or support. Went on their online chat and that was an even worse experience. This company is horrible. I’m afraid to use the service at this point.

Lauren Bustamente Aubrey, TX

Awful!!! Super expensive!! Bills would vary a ton, and when I asked why they said Bc of data use even tho I had paid extra already for unlimited. My house only has two TVs and my cell phone that we use. No gaming or anything crazy. When I called to cancel I was put on hold for 30 mins. The manager to piss me off one last time. So glad I’m not having to deal with them anymore

JAY HEIL

Signed up with sudden link. They came out to install and the tech said I was to far from the road and they could not survive my house. Ok fine. I stayed with Windstream. Now I am getting billed for service that was never installed and I have never used. I can not call because every time I do I get a recording saying I must make a payment to reinstate my service. ( that I don’t have). Never have an option to talk to a person to explain. I once got a person but I could not understand them and they could not grasp the situation I am in. Terrible company. Do not use them.

Stephanie Macias

Horrible! My internet goes out everyday for hours, sometimes it doesnt come back for days. I have called over 20+ to tech support and they just simply give me a new router. This new router is WORSE than each pervious one. If you have another option to choose another internet provider then CHOOSE THE OTHER. You have been warned. This is by far worse than dial up internet.

Ms. Tillman

Every since I changed over to unlimited internet, my service has been TRASH. Lord forbid a storm come through or it's cloudy outside. I use to work there and would here Louisiana and The Woodlands complain all the time but Tyler had good service. Now, I see how those people feel and made sure to give them a discount on the daily. Can't wait for some new service!

Brandon Moorer Fort Worth, TX

I thought when you change things is for the better but this new DVR they have sucks SO when I wanted old DVR back tivo they refused saying they are unable but I know people who still have the older tivo I Recently found a cable provider who has the tivo so now I will be leaving suddenly because I feel like I have been forced to Not to mention my Internet works only when it wants to and they still haven't been able to do anything about that However my biggest issue is the DVR

Susan Reinhart Boyce, LA

Wish they had a half a star. It's unfair to have to give this full star. I am currently going through some things with this company that have me fuming. My bill started at 115.00 for everything( not bad right),but in the last years as I understand inflation, I can't seem to wrap my head around this one. You see I pay (and I'm blessed to be able to do so) my bill each month faithfully with absolutely no late charges,(gain blessed). But now my bill with absolutely zero changes has went from 115.00 to 137.90 with no explanation. Also I have been repeatedly charged for a movie that I have already paid. In fact the same day as rental. I have all my receipts/money order stubs and bank statements also. As of now they are saying I owe them 291 and some change. Now how is that? I have my receipts so I contact customers service (absolutely no help) to get an explanation. They proceeded to tell me I have failed to make my last payment. At this point I'm boiling,I give them my receipt numbers and all and yet they still refuse to take off the charge for last month and proceeded to tell me I also now have a late fees😤😡 attached. Now get this when I gave them my receipt numbers they said oh no ma'ma you paid with a Visa card. I do have a Visa bank card but have NEVER given or used it with them so how is it they have my card number,I ask she says ma'am when you opened your account you used this card. This is true,but not since so no your wrong and, i did not give permission or make a payment with my card I've paid in money order since.Oh we will look into it,is her response. No you will remove my card and find my money order they can be tracked and I will be doing the same(my response). Well long story short I'm having to track my money order and I am looking into what legal actions I can take,due to my card information being used without my authorization and money being stolen from me. This is absolutely absurd to have to go through so much BS especially when you can't even watch a full show without the cable going out .

Ann Philadelphia, PA

I have not had internet service for 10 days. I work from home and have been using the data on my phone plan as a wifi hotspot. I ran out of hotspot data, so I had to pay for more. A technician was here last week and couldn't help me because it's Suddenlink's co-ax box on my house and their line to the drop that are the problem. Now I have an appointment for a crew to show up tomorrow. I have literally spent HOURS either on the phone or texting with someone named A Live Agent 😒 to get this far. The customer service these clowns provide is non-existent. The technician that came to the house was very nice and understanding, he just didn't have the tools to fix the problem. I've been in touch with A Live Agent twice to verify that the crew will indeed show up tomorrow, and have been assured that is the case, although A Live Agent didn't seem to have many details as to why the crew is coming. I live in Charleston, WV, and the county just signed a 5-year contract with Suddenlink and a 15-year contract with an in-state provider that wants to enter our market. Most people around here are SO over Suddenlink!

Don Theriot Dallas, TX

I’ve had Suddenlink for over 7 years and not by choice and the service has remained the same ever since. Extremely unpredictable and horrible. I’ve had over 10 different technician come out and give me 10 different reasons why my internet is slow or out. If the temp gets below 40 or winds above 15 mph the internet goes out. Suddenlink techs explained to me they know this is happening when the wind is up and temp are below 40. But nothing has ever been done to correct the issue. The monthly fee keeps going up but the service keeps going down. I am stuck with them without any options. If you have a choice between suddenlink and another cable provider go with the other. DT

Linda Cline Hot Springs Village, AR

At first years ago they were good but since becoming Altice and Optimum and Altice USA. They are no good. If you have a problem you can't talk to a live person. There's no where to go in person. You get a machine to talk to. More than once they're billed me for features I didn't have. I have a balance of 500 and something for something I never had plus the late fees because I refuse to pay for something I never had. They turned my service and to me over to collections now I'm black balled. I can't get another provider because the unpaid bill shows up. There's no place to show them the proof I have on my statements. Now I'm going to have that on my credit for something I didn't do. I see there are a lot of people with the same problem. My neighbor told me to read about the Complient's about Suddenlink. Go to Facebook in search type computer club of HSV, when you get to computer club click on it then go down the page until you see the article about Suddenlink.

Matt Darby Truckee, CA

Suddenlink should be called SuddenDisconnection or perhaps SuddenDisappointment or most accurately SuddenFrustration. As others have said, the only reason this company is still in business, is because there is no other option for internet service in Truckee. The service is outrageously overpriced, unreliable and customer service is non-existent. We're currently suffering through a 24 hour spell, during which our service has been out more than a dozen times. Calling 'customer service' means you get to listen to a prerecorded message about service outages resulting from a snowstorm which ended more than 2 weeks ago. We've endured years of similar experiences as long-suffering customers. Given SuddenFrustration has a monopoly on service, there's no point complaining, or writing this review. It is at least, slightly cathartic. We can't wait for Starlink to become available in Truckee! For $50 a month, we should get faster, symmetric bandwidth, vs $145 a month for SuddenAggravation. Let's hope some competition spurs SuddenFailure into providing a reliable, reasonably-priced service - or they will follow other failed businesses into the garbage dump of corporate history.