Suddenlink is a full service telecommunications company. They offer their customers entertainment and communication needs including internet, television, phone, and home security. Suddenlink services 1.5 million residential customers and has won many awards for their great reputation as a company who takes care of their customers and employees. They offer fast speeds with no contract and list availablity in fifteen states on their site.

#1 Comcast Xfinity Internet chevron_right
3.3
#2 AT&T Internet chevron_right
3.2
#3 Cox Internet chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• Customizable Plans
  • Incredibly Quick Speeds
  • Other Services

Customizable Plans

Many people use the internet on a daily basis, but each customer has different needs when it comes to internet usage. For example, some people want the fastest download speeds available, regardless of price, while others prefer average speeds and a low, affordable price. Suddenlink's packages meet the varying needs of its customers through customizable service plans. Suddenlink customers can choose which services they want (internet, TV, phone, home security) and how much of each service they would like. This allows the customer to get exactly what they need at a price point that fits their budget.

Incredibly Quick Speeds

Suddenlink offers four speed options for their customers:

• 50 Mbps (download), 5 Mbps (upload)
  • 100 Mbps (download), 10 Mbps (upload)
  • 200 Mbps (download), 20 Mbps (upload)
  • 1 GB (download), 50 Mbps (upload)

Many internet providers offer download speeds that are within Suddenlink's first two tiers (50 Mbps and 100 Mbps), but there are very few providers that offer speeds up to 1 Gbps. This is an incredibly fast download speed and makes Suddenlink stand out in the industry.

Other Services

In addition to internet, Suddenlink also offers several other services including television, phone, and home security. Customers have the option to bundle these services and receive discounts. They may also choose to pay extra for additional cable channels and second line phone service.

The Bad

• Higher Than Average Prices
  • Data Limits

Higher Than Average Prices

Since Suddenlink allows its customers to customize their service plans, prices vary from customer to customer. Additionally, prices vary depending on location. Because of this, potential customers are not able to obtain a quote unless they provide a physical address. Suddenlink does advertise that its internet plans start at $34.99 per month. While this is not outrageously high, it is on the higher end for low-tier packages in the industry. There are several other providers that offer lower prices for similar speeds.

Data Limits

Suddenlink customers do have to keep an eye on how much data they use each month because the company has set data limits on each of its internet packages. Data caps for each package are as follows:

• 250 GB per month
  • 350 GB per month
  • 450 GB per month
  • 550 GB per month
  • Unlimited

If a customer goes over the data limit for their respective data plan, they will be required to pay an overage fee.

The Bottom Line

Suddenlink is a broadband internet provider that offers customizable service plans, quick download speeds, and a variety of other services. However, Suddenlink customers will be subject to data caps, higher-than-average prices, and are only available in nine states. We also like that they do not require contracts, and that they offer a variety of customer support options. If you live within Suddenlink's service area, we recommend taking a look at their customizable packages.

View Best Internet Service Companies

1.5

Reuben

August 13th, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a long time suddenlink customer. They used to be a good company. Their customer service is now the worst I've ever dealt with. I can't stand being on hold for 30-40 minutes. If a called to make changes to my service and now I've had a different price on my bill for 3 months. This is disgusting. I'm currently looking for a different provider. I couldn't recommend them to anyone.

Tom Gary

August 5th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this company a negative rating I would. Their internet is always having a problem, their customer service hold times are awful, and they are expensive. Stay away!!!!!

Elisa Kirby

July 27th, 2020 New Bern, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I delete an email it jumps back to Suddenlink home page instead of back to in box. I send emails and they don’t show up in my sent mail, sent messages or sent items. The only reliable way to get email is thru 3rd party (they quit letting you access from gmail) but you have to go back to them to deleted email from your very small email storage allotment

Joyce Chandler

July 21st, 2020 Ruston, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst service provider in the U.S. Suddenly! You not connected!!!! It is nearly impossible to get "customer service" on the line, and they will be of little help when you do get to speak to someone from somewhere. They will arbitrarily cancel a service call without bothering to contact even their "VIP Customers." So I am canceling the auto-pay. I'll be waiting to see if they are able to get in touch with me then.

Ltmdf11

July 20th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’d go negative stars if I could. I where I live we have only two internet choices. Suddenlink and Frontier. Both are equally horrible. We switched to suddenlink because Frontier was so slow. But suddenlink is out more than it’s on. We have had multiple techs out and shockingly it always works just fine when they are here. They I turn blame it on maintenance and upgrades. But that’s been the same lame excuse for years. Suddenlink’s customer service is equally horrible. The last time we had appointments scheduled we got stood up two times before they showed up and that was only becisee I blew a gasket on the phone tech.

Philip Rothman

July 19th, 2020 Greenville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink's internet service is atrocious. We've been paying of 1 gbps, but never get above 100 mbps.

Donald Koerber

July 18th, 2020 Big Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had bad experiences with suddenlink my bill is up and down every month I gave up on calling it take hours to reach customers service.im waiting for a nother company to com along then good bye to suddenlink...only reason they have customers is because there not much out there but someone else is coming

Juanita Lanier

July 16th, 2020 Greenville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Suddenlink for over 20 years. Their service is terrible now. I’m so frustrated with them and will be looking for another provider. It takes forever to get someone on the phone and when I do talk with someone I can hardly understand what they’re saying. They charged me for dat overage 2 times, so I finally went with unlimited data and last bill was 163.00. I suppose to have high speed internet but sometimes I have a problem with getting on. That is too expensive so I’m looking elsewhere. So tired of them and their nonchalant attitudes. I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy!! Their bill keep going up and it’s ridiculous!! I wish I could rate them with a 0 star!!

David O.

July 14th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible. We have tried to watch movies On Demand, but if it you pause it (heaven forbid they have an interruption) you can’t watch it. You can try to call, but will he told to call back during normal business hours and ask for credit for the movie. Hold times for this are 1 to 2 hours. We pay for unlimited, high speed internet. I’m writing this on my phone because the WiFi/internet only work for 10 to 12 minutes at a time. So, I use cellular data at home, because nothing else works. You can call and ask for something to be done, but you are just instructed to unplug the device for 2 minutes and try again. They can send a service tech, but it will be minimum $60 charge to inspect THEIR equipment. When internet is working, we can only use 2 phones and 1 tv. Or 2 TVs and nobody else can do anything online. Watching cable is like watching old Max H commercials. Constant stutter. But they say everything looks fine on their end. I beg people not to get suddenlink. Pay more if you have to, but it’s probably worth it to ease your frustration.

Susan Blain

July 13th, 2020 ,

Not Good. My friends have suddenlink Their cable went out tonight and still not back on. They get it cheaper because we live in low income housing (Housing Authority) They are not happy.

Cupcake1

July 10th, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am an existing customer. Currently, they are offering 10x the internet speed at 1/3 the price I would have to pay for new customers. When I called to inquire about promotions available to me, I was told there were none. Once I said I would be looking at other providers, the service rep said she heard the marketing team was “working on” some other promotions for existing customers but there was nothing definite. I’m so disgusted with their treatment of people who have been loyal to their service for years.

Mark Reisbord

July 8th, 2020 Montgomery, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i have suddenlink for residential and business. their customer service is abhorrent. one is on hold for easily an hour, when they finally answer they disconnect and DO NOT HAVE THE COURTESY TO CALL BACK. Their website offers no option to speak to anyone. In addition, one has to go through the immense wait time in the hopes of speaking to someone and then they run you through the SELF-HELP STEPS THAT ONE HAS ALREADY DONE NUMEROUS TIMES. THEY COULD CARE LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goung Gadai

July 5th, 2020 New Bern, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So recently I have had this issue with billing at Suddenlink. It is ridiculous how easy they will con you in front of your face. I had a 193$ bill for overage fees when I HAD A UNLIMITED PLAN! I call a representative to ask what was going on, and they tell me and I quote “you will receive a credit for the next month”. Next month arrives and credit was not there. I call back and they said they were going to process it in the next 48 hours. Cool, 72 hours passed nothing changes to the bill amount. And I call back just for them to tell me that they had no idea what I was talking about? Are you kidding me? Now I am forced to pay a bill that should already be payed off for. I literally paid the price of two bills for one month, and they are charging me for the next month. Screw this service, and the monopoly that it has over my area.

Morris Mullican

June 28th, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been with Suddenlink over 25 years and in the last few years they seem to be in a downward spiral. You can’t go to the local store and get anything done, they give you number to some call center probably in some other country. I will most likely cancel with Suddenlink and go with AT&T, it’ll cost a little more and have the dreaded 2 year contract but at least I’ll have local support. Suddenlink keeps raising their rates evey quarter so they’ll be more than AT&T before long.

SShipley

June 26th, 2020 Plainview, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfortunately there is NOTHING lower than a 1-star rating! I have had Suddenlink cable, internet and phone service for 20 years (give or take ▬ cable for many more years!) and since Altice has taken over it has gotten horrible. In all that time we never lost service more than a couple of times and that was due to severe storms. Recently we have lost all services for HOURS ... with no explanation! Now, almost everyday at various times the cable audio breaks up; as of right now (06/26/20 6:07 PM it has been cutting out for about 30 minutes)! Last night was OK; night before it cut out for about 1-1/2 hours between 10 PM and midnight! Getting ready to do some searching to find better service.

Shari

June 24th, 2020 Logan, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rating less than one star! Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. Constant problems. Endless promises never fulfilled. Outrageous prices! Dishonest or incompetent or both! Total waste of time effort, and money! GO ELSEWHERE for a provider of Internet or cable! I have used this company for more than five years with nothing but unresolved problems and hours of wasted time and effort. They have a monopoly in my area. They have thousands of complaints referred to the FCC. I don’t know how they are still in business.

Jerome Kruemcke

June 24th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have Suddenlink Telephone, Cable, & Internet I had been having a lot of intermittent trouble with my telephone service. on 5/14/20 a service tech came out to my house. At that time the telephone was working, so he said he found no problem. And Altice charged me for a serivce call. Next day the phone was no working again, so I called for service. On 5/16/20 service tech came out and replaced the phone modem. I called Suddenlink and said I should not be charged for a service call since they had to come out again. I was told I would not be charge. on 5/28/20 my bill came and the service charge was on it. I called again and was told that I would receive the credit, but not until the June bill, but I had to pay the bill in full including the s/c to avoid a late charge. So I paid the full bill. on 6/24/20, the bill came and no credit. I call billing dept and explained the situation and that I was told I would receive the credit. The billing clerk reviewed my file, and said nothing had been placed on my record and in any case, Altice does NOT ever waive the service charge unless I had Safeguard at $6.95 a month. Even if it is Suddenlink's fault, the customer is still charged for the service. I asked the clerk whether she thought that was fair, and she said NO, but there is nothing she could do about it and she understood my frustration. So if you even need service, first buy the Safeguard and understand you can not cancel it for 6 months. Shows what a monopoly does. Very Sorry Co!!!

luis valenciano

June 24th, 2020 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they are ok just have to monitor your bill and question anything you do not understand their tech on the phone are fair many do not know their job

Kyle

June 21st, 2020 Montgomery, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I must have Suddenlink for that is all my apartment's offer. Contacting them by phone you must wait 20 minutes or more, then you talk to someone in Dehli. Email is basically non existent. You must go directly to the office to get something accomplished. <><

[email protected]

June 19th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute worst experience you could possibly have getting any type of service from Suddenlink at you home of business. I would be embarrassed to work there much less be the CEO. They are the poster child of what not to do when it come to customer a service. Simply pathetic. They will be bankrupt in 24 months.

Nancy Dawn

June 16th, 2020 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like many other customers on this review site - my recent experience with SuddenLink has been a nightmare. Calls go directly to a person in the call center who do absolutely nothing to help other than put notes in a computer system. No one ever calls you back even though I was told someone would in 24-48 hours. I have had NO TV service for over 1 month now which is totally unacceptable. Yet, when I called to add internet service, sure - someone in sales immediately called me back to schedule the internet installation. But then, someone in SuddenLink decided that they would repair the TV cable at the same time internet service was added - which meant I had to wait for 2 more wks for the installation appointment. Then ... the technician never showed and the call center person told me the "notes" say I wasn't home. I took the day off work specifically to make myself available for this appointment so clearly the technician blew off my Friday afternoon appointment by claiming I wasn't home. You'd think someone would give me a call to reschedule - but they haven't. It is again up to me to have to deal with those useless call center people again. If there was any other service provider for my area, I absolutely would not hesitate to dump SuddenLink - they are the absolute worst and not deserving of even 1 star.

Carls Holland

June 15th, 2020 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst provider of cable tv, internet and phone service I have ever dealt with! Customer service is non existent! Can’t find one person that is happy with suddenlink. Next step is filing an FCC complaint! Fees are ridiculous and subject to change without any notification! Late fees added at their discretion with no explanation or notification to customers!

Rich Galle

June 11th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Your better off stretching twenty miles of string and hooking up a couple of tin cans. Horrific service. Worst install ever. They actually ran my business coax through a gravel driveway and said that fine. No problem right. I’d give almost anything to have Xfinity except the $80k it would cost to run the line. Suddenlink will eventually go out of business but not till they steal every dime out of your pocket. If you have options, cross these twits off your list.

Paul Ford

June 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible installation experience. Technician completely ruined all wi fi settings on computers and tv and I pads, causing 2 Repair visits to our residence by aN outside repair service thus far and we still can not connect to a server. The installer told us our tv and computers were not his responsibility, that he was only required to hook up wi fi, even though everything was working properly before he came to install, but he certainly did not leave here with anything working, and we still do not have wi fi connectivity 2 days later! There seems to be no way to speak to a customer service person, a real void. Apparently corporate level needs to revamp, reorganize, re-prioritize, and terminate at many levels. Terrible response even toward outside services I have tried to hire to straighten out this mess. Very disappointed and disgusted with Sudden Link!

Justin Hays

May 30th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NOT RELIEABLE. Can not hold internet connection more than 20 minutes. Voice over IP calls are lost / hung up. 100 MBps plan has real internet DL speed of 10MB to 50MB. The speeds varies widely from minute to minute, for no apparent reason. Seems like they are changing servers on me every few minutes which causes dropped telephone calls. Very poor service will be giving them 2 more weeks to fix it, then I will be requesting refund and just go back to DSL which for me is very reliable here.

Diane McMillan

May 28th, 2020 Hot Springs Village, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a $196.00 “bill” turned over to a collection agency by Suddenlink. I have no idea what it is for and was never contacted by Suddenlink about this. On Feb.17, 2020, I made a call to Suddenlink to have my cable/internet transferred from my rental home at 6 Vilaseca Way, to the home that I purchased and was moving to at 21 Cifuentes Way, both in Hot Springs Village. I as assured that this was an easy process. Just take my equipment to the new house and a technician would be there to install all on Feb. 28th and services would be transferred to new house exactly as they were at old house. On Feb. 28th I met the technician at the new house and he attempted to install my equipment from the old house. He was not able to activate it and the person he spoke to at Suddenlink said that it was not a transfer and to remove my old equipment and install new equipment. He took the old equipment with him after successfully setting up my cable and wifi. Just to be sure I called Suddenlink to ensure that I continued to have the services that I had at the old house. No, they said. Just the basis cable. I told them that I also had HBO, Showtime. They said that I would have to pay extra for that. I told them that I was assured that I would have the same services. Again, I was coldly told that this was new service with no premium channels but they would add them. I called again on March 5th to verify services. I was told that the services at 6 Vilaseca were not stopped. I asked how that happened and how could I use a service with no equipment? They assured me that the services were stopped at 6 Vilaseca. Within a week I received a $90 Visa as a refund for the services not used at Vilaseca during that pay period. I had no outstanding debt at the old address. On March 6th I received a bill from Suddenlink for $340. When I called to ask why I was referred to two more departments and still did not find out. There is a local storefront in the Village so I went there. The gentleman was nice but said he could not help me as he only did new sign ups. I showed him my $340 bill. He was shocked and said that I was being charged retail for everything and there should be discounts. From March 5 – 7 I called at least 14 times, being referred to another and another department, going over the same story every time. FINALLY on March 7, 2020, I spoke to a Sunddenlink rep who understood the situation and set up my account just as it had been before I moved at the same price. I thought this was over. No. A woman called me mid April to ask about one of my payments. I use a bank bill pay so I was able to pull up the date, amount and confirmation number. She said she would verify this. I printed out my bank history on Suddenlink and have verification of on time monthly payments every month since I began using Suddenlink. I continued to make my monthly payments and even called to verify that the amount on the bill was the correct amount. I was relieved to have this whole ordeal over. On May 26, 2020 I received a bill from a collection agency (first in my life) for $196.00 to Suddenlink. I called the agency and they had no information and referred me to Suddenlink. I called Suddenlink on May 27th and was told it would be looked into and they would call me back. I began the same call and given another department – just like in March. Meanwhile I’ve sent all of this information to Suddenlink with my print out of monthly payments. No response. How can a company get away with this? No warning. No documentation as to the nature of the $196.00. I still do not know what this is for. I am at the mercy of a large company who mishandled my account and now my exemplary credit.

Ben

May 20th, 2020 Abilene, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For six month now that I switched to paperless billing, I have not received a single Email notification of my monthly bill, but they keep increasing prices on my service every few months. I worry that I may forget to pay since there is no notification even though my account states I will receive a monthly Email notice. I have called Suddenlink every month since and wasted numerous hour on hold and waiting for call-backs (they jack you around as much as possible to keep you from talking to a human). Every month the low level tech tells me it fixed when its not. I ask for a supervisor or manager to call me about the problem and never get a call back. They have no email customer support service as when I tried to use an old Suddenlink Email address, it bounces back. Please someone provide service in my area so I can drop this horrible company. I have had Suddenlink for ten years now and it was a very good company prior to being taken over by Altice and Optimum. Avoid this company like Covid-19, the farther you stay away the better.

Will Roberts

May 10th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink is the worst internet provider I’ve ever had. I pay extra for internet speed, and it’s still absolute garbage. I’m not even able to connect sometimes to certain devices because of how bad it is.

janet cummings

May 1st, 2020 Noble, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cancelled service because we moved and paid for a month we didn't use it. Now they have turned over our account over to a collection company for another months charges. Find another provider to avoid falling prey to this "Den of Thieves".

Adam Brown

May 1st, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paying a $115 a month (after complaining that my bill jumped over $25 in one month) 1gig stuck pulling .5 mbps - 1mbps !!!!!! WTF. Suddenlink is complete trash. Highway robbery and cant wait for competitors to expand their fiber lines!! The only thing Suddenlink is good at is being consistently inconsistent with their crappy internet service and their constant price increases for piss poor excuse for a utility. They don't even deserve the 1 star or Id go lower.

Dennis Conde

April 30th, 2020 Tomball, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OMG this has truly have to be one of the worst companies to deal with. The incompetence is not believable. We have scheduled service techs to come out 4 times over 4 weeks and they simply do not show up. When I asked to speak to a manager she explains to me that the only solution is to place a whole new order. What she was trying to explain to me made zero logic. I truly cannot understand how companies like this are in business. Just don’t get it! Save yourself a lot of stress and go with ANY other providers before attempting to deal with these morons.

Connie

April 28th, 2020 Kingman, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It can not get billing correct. I have spent 3 months trying to fix it.

Jamie A Tremble

April 28th, 2020 Sparta, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I pay for 200 megabytes speed internet per month and I'm lucky if I get 77

Russ Brown

April 28th, 2020 Abilene, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bait & Switch. Company has a monopoly on internet and cable access and is priced accordingly. Internet access $ has doubled since switching over from ATT DSL. Offered an entry level cable subscription for $45 mo then after year doubled price. Our bill went from $100 to $180 mo. Also advertising Altice bundle for $50 but that's only for new customers. We cut cable for Tablo OTC DVR & use Netflix & Hulu. Taylor Telephone offers a better deal on Fiberoptic technology.

Brenda Durham

April 28th, 2020 Alexandria, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently moved, just needed to transfer service. The technician was on time, and connected my internet using MY OWN MODEM. Having previously rented a modem from Suddenlink, I followed the directions by boxing the modem and printed a label to mail it back. All offices are closed d/t Covid 19. The technician informed me that he would return it for me. This was March 30. My initial bill showed a modem rental charge and a due date of 4/25. Then I received a paper bill with a PAST DUE notice on 4/20???? On 4/25 I attempted to make a payment online, but there is no option to change the amount. I am not paying 10.00 for a modem that I already own. Would you ?? So I mailed a payment minus the modem charge. Today, 4/27 I receive another paper statement for the month of May with a past due amount. It still has the modem charge. I had an online chat and was told they could not correct this, I would have to wait and speak with someone in sales? What?? If your customer service was as efficient as your billing department you wouldn't have so many complaints. Seems you are only interested in getting paid, not providing a service to your community. Looking for other providers before May 1st billing period starts.

Adrian K

April 23rd, 2020 , CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Sub Contractors that come out to install are courteous and professional. The Offshore tech support is VERY Poor in quality, knowledge and communications. They work off of a "script" which tells them to ask certain questions and no matter how many times you call they follow the same scripts and make no progress and tell you the same excuse why your service is not work "system down please call back" and then hang up or make promises on returning phone calls and do not return the call. I have spent 4-5 hours over a three day span and still do not have the internet service I require to work from home. Very disappointed in Altice/Suddenlink !

Leo Russ

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sucks bigly - low speeds, frequent outages, non-existent customer service, erratic policy/pricing changes...

Frederic Shelby

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Getting someone on the phone is impossible unless you are upgrading or leaving.

Becky Weidman

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor service, constantly going up on your bill and not informing you. If your service is out, you have to wait anywhere from 5-7 days, so therefore you have no service during that time. You can't even swap your modem out anymore, they schedule a technician to come out and that could take 5-7 days as well! Is there anyway I could share this with other people that are having the same kind of problems also?

Tucker

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink is the only cable service in my town, so you are a captive subscriber. The service is generally good. I have issues with the recent price increases, three within a three month period, with no noticeable change in quality of picture. They also tend to reward new subscriber rather than real loyal subscribers.

Abby

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Back when they were Northalnd they were only fair, then Suddenlink took over and it got better, then it became horrible. We loose internet, phone, and TV all the time. The price was fair, then it went up by about 25%. They called and asked if i wanted to increase the speed, for a price of cours. I told them their service isn't worth what i'm paying for. When we need te services the most, during storms, it always goes out.

Dale Springstead

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible..worse customer service..Over an hour wait on phone to talk to someone

Betty Diane Paz

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for many years. The price of my internet keeps getting higher and higher every few months yet I keeps seeing advertisements for drastically lower cost for new Suddenlink customers. I called and asked for the new lower rates and was told that they were only for new customers. If they don't value my loyalty any more than that then I will just look for a company who does.

T Marvin

April 17th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with Suddenlink 6 months ago, they took 4 1/2 months to bury the cable in my yard, and I have yet to receive the $100 Amazon card for signing up. I have been on EzPay and now they are saying I didn't make a full payment one month which is the reason they aren't giving me the promotional card! This is BS because they should have collected in full because of the EzPay! Now they are trying to say the bank didn't pay them in full which is crap because there has alway been enough money to cover this bill. The multiple times I have called I always get different answers? One said it was all good they will be sending the card, another said check Amazon you should have the credit, yet another said they need authorization (from whom)? There is always a lame excuse and run around. I will be looking for a new service because not only do they come up with excuses it take forever to get ahold of someone, they give lip service and nothing EVER gets done just the run around.

Terrance Wethington

April 12th, 2020 Carthage, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well, heres my story. I got suddenlink for service in 2016. The first several months it was ok with the exception of the frequent outages. A few months later our usage increased and was warned we'd get overages. At the time they'd let you go over your allotment of data for 2 months before you'd get overage charges. When I got the second warning I contacted suddenlink and was offered an unlimited data plan. I accepted and expected an increase in my bill for the increase of the plan along with a proration for the current billing cycle. When my next bill came it was a lot higher than expected. They had charged me for $200 worth of overages. I called customer service and escalated the call to a supervisor because the representative wouldn't allow me to speak. She would either cut me off or talk over me while justifying the charges. The supervisor seemed to listen and said he'd submit the overages up higher to have them credit them back and fix the account. We agreed on a time for him to call me back when it was completed. 2 weeks later he called when I was at work (Not the agreed time) and left a voicemail advising that the charges were justified and they didn't offer an unlimited data plan in my area (My friend/neighbor had an unlimited plan in the exact same area. Our cable lines ran from the Same box). The next day I received another bill for that billing cycle and there was $300 of overages plus the plan charge and plus the last disputed bill bring the total to $600. I called suddenlink back and received the same treatment I got the first time with the woman who wouldn't let me talk. That was the first time in all of this that I actually acted belligerent. Up til then I had been polite and respectful, even when escalating the first call to a supervisor. I told them what they could do with their service and their bill. Later that week, I returned the router to them and, what do you know, they added it to my bill saying they never received it. They sent the bill to collections and the collection place warned me over going to court, in which I replied "Please do so this could go in front of a judge, since every phone call was recorded by me besides the first call of me switching plans". I told their collection place to not contact me again. They never tried to take me to court. They tried to put it on my credit. I disputed it immediately and within about 60 days it was removed. This company has a huge issue of honoring their own expectations they even promote and advertise. Suddenlink also has a huge inability owning mistakes they make. These are the most common negatives that show on these review pages.

Mike Thrasher

April 12th, 2020 Saint Joseph, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a to pay service tech to replace outdoor buried cable. After putting a TEMPORARY cable on top of the ground in late October 2019, he informed me that another service tech would be out to bury the cable in 2 weeks. After waiting a month no service tech showed up. After 4 phone request and a visit to our Suddenlink office which would be the 5th request still no service. That being said April 10, 2020 a service tech showed up and FINALLY buried the new cable. My math is average but I believe that is close to 8 months. Suddenlink has NO MORE chances with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Minion

April 1st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

$40/month for ONLY 150GB of data. The information shown on this website is out of date. Theeir 250 GB had been REDUCED TO ONLY 150GB!!! ILLEGAL "NETWORK ENHANCEMENT FEE" $3.50/MO VERY UNRELIABLE SERVICE

Vanessa Like

March 23rd, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In this crisis suddenlink says hey we can help you with internet so that kids can learn still learn while the schools are closed down. Really, what they saw was an opportunity to take advantage of people in this time of need. Suddenlink will not help you with internet if you have a owed balanced with them and to make matter worse they won't let you pay it out either has to be paid in full up front as if we are already not having trouble paying bills already. So in reality people who owe them money , they do not care about your kids education. They are only concerned about getting paid.

Steve Hudgens

March 18th, 2020 Forney, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We moved to outside the city limits and have limited choices for service. We switched to Suddenlink. The customer service is TERRIBLE with suddenlink. The people do not answer the question that you ask. They rush to get you of the phone. They say things like they will send their supervisor an email about your issue. The internet speeds are no where near the advertised speed that I am paying EXTRA to get. After multiple calls, the last guy did something and I am now at about half the speed it should be (it has been 1/4). Then he starts saying the fiber cables are coming to my area soon and then I will get the speed I am paying for and have been paying to get for 5 months. The cloud DVR is SO SLOW it is painful. The $100 gift card that we were supposed to get after 3 months of service never arrived. The gave me the customer service number of some gift card service center that is not suddenlink. They have limited hours and I am supposed to have the company name and my account number to get information about the gift card..oh, and the are only there 8-5 M-F. Just having a horrible experience with this company.

Scott Blackledge

March 15th, 2020 Leander, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'd give Suddenlink one star out of five. When the planets are aligned, Suddenlink works well. But... Suddenlink quite often has outages for both the internet and for email services. I've experienced an email outage during residential prime time (between eight and ten PM, during the week). Ask them why (*if* you can get hold of them, impossible on the weekend), and they tell you they were upgrading the software. Since only an idiot would schedule an outage during heavy usage, they told me that their managers didn't know or didn't talk to each other. Since managers in every tech company I've ever worked at plan outages to the minute, either this answer is bull or Suddenlink managers really are incompetent. Another answer I've been given is that Suddenlink is now owned by Altice, a European company and the time zone differences cause problems. Talking to tech support is not possible during the weekend. The phone tree simply won't take you to anywhere useful. If there is an outage, it is especially frustrating. You better be prepared to wait until things sort themselves out. It took us three years to get the internet speed that we were paying for. I have been paying for 200M download speed but for the longest time only got (according to Speedtest, measuring over several days, several times each instance, and during the evening hours) less than 40M. I recently found out that the 200M I've paid for really means "greater than 150M" or "greater than 100M", depending on which person you talk to. Either way, I've never heard of a business where getting 50% - 75% of the service you've paid for is considered acceptable. Suddenlink has almost no discounts. My wife was discussing our bill with a rep about this. The rep did say that a $5 discount exists if the rep signs you up for EZ Pay. Since both people were on the web site, my wife asked if she should fill out the information herself, which the rep OK'd. We thought all was well until the discount never appeared on the next bill. We were later told that the rep had to sign up for you, not you yourself. It took four calls to resolve this. There are other things but this is way too long already.