Suddenlink is a full service telecommunications company. They offer their customers entertainment and communication needs including internet, television, phone, and home security. Suddenlink services 1.5 million residential customers and has won many awards for their great reputation as a company who takes care of their customers and employees. They offer fast speeds with no contract and list availablity in fifteen states on their site.

#1 Comcast Xfinity Internet chevron_right
3.3
#2 CenturyLink chevron_right
2.7
#3 AT&T Internet chevron_right
3.2

The Good

• Customizable Plans
  • Incredibly Quick Speeds
  • Other Services

Customizable Plans

Many people use the internet on a daily basis, but each customer has different needs when it comes to internet usage. For example, some people want the fastest download speeds available, regardless of price, while others prefer average speeds and a low, affordable price. Suddenlink's packages meet the varying needs of its customers through customizable service plans. Suddenlink customers can choose which services they want (internet, TV, phone, home security) and how much of each service they would like. This allows the customer to get exactly what they need at a price point that fits their budget.

Incredibly Quick Speeds

Suddenlink offers four speed options for their customers:

• 50 Mbps (download), 5 Mbps (upload)
  • 100 Mbps (download), 10 Mbps (upload)
  • 200 Mbps (download), 20 Mbps (upload)
  • 1 GB (download), 50 Mbps (upload)

Many internet providers offer download speeds that are within Suddenlink's first two tiers (50 Mbps and 100 Mbps), but there are very few providers that offer speeds up to 1 Gbps. This is an incredibly fast download speed and makes Suddenlink stand out in the industry.

Other Services

In addition to internet, Suddenlink also offers several other services including television, phone, and home security. Customers have the option to bundle these services and receive discounts. They may also choose to pay extra for additional cable channels and second line phone service.

The Bad

• Higher Than Average Prices
  • Data Limits

Higher Than Average Prices

Since Suddenlink allows its customers to customize their service plans, prices vary from customer to customer. Additionally, prices vary depending on location. Because of this, potential customers are not able to obtain a quote unless they provide a physical address. Suddenlink does advertise that its internet plans start at $34.99 per month. While this is not outrageously high, it is on the higher end for low-tier packages in the industry. There are several other providers that offer lower prices for similar speeds.

Data Limits

Suddenlink customers do have to keep an eye on how much data they use each month because the company has set data limits on each of its internet packages. Data caps for each package are as follows:

• 250 GB per month
  • 350 GB per month
  • 450 GB per month
  • 550 GB per month
  • Unlimited

If a customer goes over the data limit for their respective data plan, they will be required to pay an overage fee.

The Bottom Line

Suddenlink is a broadband internet provider that offers customizable service plans, quick download speeds, and a variety of other services. However, Suddenlink customers will be subject to data caps, higher-than-average prices, and are only available in nine states. We also like that they do not require contracts, and that they offer a variety of customer support options. If you live within Suddenlink's service area, we recommend taking a look at their customizable packages.

View Best Internet Service Companies

1.6

Justin Hays

June 1st, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NOT RELIEABLE. Can not hold internet connection more than 20 minutes. Voice over IP calls are lost / hung up. 100 MBps plan has real internet DL speed of 10MB to 50MB. The speeds varies widely from minute to minute, for no apparent reason. Seems like they are changing servers on me every few minutes which causes dropped telephone calls. Very poor service will be giving them 2 more weeks to fix it, then I will be requesting refund and just go back to DSL which for me is very reliable here.

Diane McMillan

May 28th, 2020 Hot Springs Village, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a $196.00 “bill” turned over to a collection agency by Suddenlink. I have no idea what it is for and was never contacted by Suddenlink about this. On Feb.17, 2020, I made a call to Suddenlink to have my cable/internet transferred from my rental home at 6 Vilaseca Way, to the home that I purchased and was moving to at 21 Cifuentes Way, both in Hot Springs Village. I as assured that this was an easy process. Just take my equipment to the new house and a technician would be there to install all on Feb. 28th and services would be transferred to new house exactly as they were at old house. On Feb. 28th I met the technician at the new house and he attempted to install my equipment from the old house. He was not able to activate it and the person he spoke to at Suddenlink said that it was not a transfer and to remove my old equipment and install new equipment. He took the old equipment with him after successfully setting up my cable and wifi. Just to be sure I called Suddenlink to ensure that I continued to have the services that I had at the old house. No, they said. Just the basis cable. I told them that I also had HBO, Showtime. They said that I would have to pay extra for that. I told them that I was assured that I would have the same services. Again, I was coldly told that this was new service with no premium channels but they would add them. I called again on March 5th to verify services. I was told that the services at 6 Vilaseca were not stopped. I asked how that happened and how could I use a service with no equipment? They assured me that the services were stopped at 6 Vilaseca. Within a week I received a $90 Visa as a refund for the services not used at Vilaseca during that pay period. I had no outstanding debt at the old address. On March 6th I received a bill from Suddenlink for $340. When I called to ask why I was referred to two more departments and still did not find out. There is a local storefront in the Village so I went there. The gentleman was nice but said he could not help me as he only did new sign ups. I showed him my $340 bill. He was shocked and said that I was being charged retail for everything and there should be discounts. From March 5 – 7 I called at least 14 times, being referred to another and another department, going over the same story every time. FINALLY on March 7, 2020, I spoke to a Sunddenlink rep who understood the situation and set up my account just as it had been before I moved at the same price. I thought this was over. No. A woman called me mid April to ask about one of my payments. I use a bank bill pay so I was able to pull up the date, amount and confirmation number. She said she would verify this. I printed out my bank history on Suddenlink and have verification of on time monthly payments every month since I began using Suddenlink. I continued to make my monthly payments and even called to verify that the amount on the bill was the correct amount. I was relieved to have this whole ordeal over. On May 26, 2020 I received a bill from a collection agency (first in my life) for $196.00 to Suddenlink. I called the agency and they had no information and referred me to Suddenlink. I called Suddenlink on May 27th and was told it would be looked into and they would call me back. I began the same call and given another department – just like in March. Meanwhile I’ve sent all of this information to Suddenlink with my print out of monthly payments. No response. How can a company get away with this? No warning. No documentation as to the nature of the $196.00. I still do not know what this is for. I am at the mercy of a large company who mishandled my account and now my exemplary credit.

Ben

May 21st, 2020 Abilene, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For six month now that I switched to paperless billing, I have not received a single Email notification of my monthly bill, but they keep increasing prices on my service every few months. I worry that I may forget to pay since there is no notification even though my account states I will receive a monthly Email notice. I have called Suddenlink every month since and wasted numerous hour on hold and waiting for call-backs (they jack you around as much as possible to keep you from talking to a human). Every month the low level tech tells me it fixed when its not. I ask for a supervisor or manager to call me about the problem and never get a call back. They have no email customer support service as when I tried to use an old Suddenlink Email address, it bounces back. Please someone provide service in my area so I can drop this horrible company. I have had Suddenlink for ten years now and it was a very good company prior to being taken over by Altice and Optimum. Avoid this company like Covid-19, the farther you stay away the better.

Will Roberts

May 11th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink is the worst internet provider I’ve ever had. I pay extra for internet speed, and it’s still absolute garbage. I’m not even able to connect sometimes to certain devices because of how bad it is.

janet cummings

May 4th, 2020 Noble, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cancelled service because we moved and paid for a month we didn't use it. Now they have turned over our account over to a collection company for another months charges. Find another provider to avoid falling prey to this "Den of Thieves".

Adam Brown

May 1st, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paying a $115 a month (after complaining that my bill jumped over $25 in one month) 1gig stuck pulling .5 mbps - 1mbps !!!!!! WTF. Suddenlink is complete trash. Highway robbery and cant wait for competitors to expand their fiber lines!! The only thing Suddenlink is good at is being consistently inconsistent with their crappy internet service and their constant price increases for piss poor excuse for a utility. They don't even deserve the 1 star or Id go lower.

Dennis Conde

April 30th, 2020 Tomball, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OMG this has truly have to be one of the worst companies to deal with. The incompetence is not believable. We have scheduled service techs to come out 4 times over 4 weeks and they simply do not show up. When I asked to speak to a manager she explains to me that the only solution is to place a whole new order. What she was trying to explain to me made zero logic. I truly cannot understand how companies like this are in business. Just don’t get it! Save yourself a lot of stress and go with ANY other providers before attempting to deal with these morons.

Connie

April 28th, 2020 Kingman, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It can not get billing correct. I have spent 3 months trying to fix it.

Russ Brown

April 28th, 2020 Abilene, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bait & Switch. Company has a monopoly on internet and cable access and is priced accordingly. Internet access $ has doubled since switching over from ATT DSL. Offered an entry level cable subscription for $45 mo then after year doubled price. Our bill went from $100 to $180 mo. Also advertising Altice bundle for $50 but that's only for new customers. We cut cable for Tablo OTC DVR & use Netflix & Hulu. Taylor Telephone offers a better deal on Fiberoptic technology.

Jamie A Tremble

April 28th, 2020 Sparta, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I pay for 200 megabytes speed internet per month and I'm lucky if I get 77

Brenda Durham

April 28th, 2020 Alexandria, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently moved, just needed to transfer service. The technician was on time, and connected my internet using MY OWN MODEM. Having previously rented a modem from Suddenlink, I followed the directions by boxing the modem and printed a label to mail it back. All offices are closed d/t Covid 19. The technician informed me that he would return it for me. This was March 30. My initial bill showed a modem rental charge and a due date of 4/25. Then I received a paper bill with a PAST DUE notice on 4/20???? On 4/25 I attempted to make a payment online, but there is no option to change the amount. I am not paying 10.00 for a modem that I already own. Would you ?? So I mailed a payment minus the modem charge. Today, 4/27 I receive another paper statement for the month of May with a past due amount. It still has the modem charge. I had an online chat and was told they could not correct this, I would have to wait and speak with someone in sales? What?? If your customer service was as efficient as your billing department you wouldn't have so many complaints. Seems you are only interested in getting paid, not providing a service to your community. Looking for other providers before May 1st billing period starts.

Adrian K

April 24th, 2020 , CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Sub Contractors that come out to install are courteous and professional. The Offshore tech support is VERY Poor in quality, knowledge and communications. They work off of a "script" which tells them to ask certain questions and no matter how many times you call they follow the same scripts and make no progress and tell you the same excuse why your service is not work "system down please call back" and then hang up or make promises on returning phone calls and do not return the call. I have spent 4-5 hours over a three day span and still do not have the internet service I require to work from home. Very disappointed in Altice/Suddenlink !

T Marvin

April 20th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with Suddenlink 6 months ago, they took 4 1/2 months to bury the cable in my yard, and I have yet to receive the $100 Amazon card for signing up. I have been on EzPay and now they are saying I didn't make a full payment one month which is the reason they aren't giving me the promotional card! This is BS because they should have collected in full because of the EzPay! Now they are trying to say the bank didn't pay them in full which is crap because there has alway been enough money to cover this bill. The multiple times I have called I always get different answers? One said it was all good they will be sending the card, another said check Amazon you should have the credit, yet another said they need authorization (from whom)? There is always a lame excuse and run around. I will be looking for a new service because not only do they come up with excuses it take forever to get ahold of someone, they give lip service and nothing EVER gets done just the run around.

Becky Weidman

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor service, constantly going up on your bill and not informing you. If your service is out, you have to wait anywhere from 5-7 days, so therefore you have no service during that time. You can't even swap your modem out anymore, they schedule a technician to come out and that could take 5-7 days as well! Is there anyway I could share this with other people that are having the same kind of problems also?

Leo Russ

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sucks bigly - low speeds, frequent outages, non-existent customer service, erratic policy/pricing changes...

Betty Diane Paz

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for many years. The price of my internet keeps getting higher and higher every few months yet I keeps seeing advertisements for drastically lower cost for new Suddenlink customers. I called and asked for the new lower rates and was told that they were only for new customers. If they don't value my loyalty any more than that then I will just look for a company who does.

Dale Springstead

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible..worse customer service..Over an hour wait on phone to talk to someone

Abby

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Back when they were Northalnd they were only fair, then Suddenlink took over and it got better, then it became horrible. We loose internet, phone, and TV all the time. The price was fair, then it went up by about 25%. They called and asked if i wanted to increase the speed, for a price of cours. I told them their service isn't worth what i'm paying for. When we need te services the most, during storms, it always goes out.

Tucker

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink is the only cable service in my town, so you are a captive subscriber. The service is generally good. I have issues with the recent price increases, three within a three month period, with no noticeable change in quality of picture. They also tend to reward new subscriber rather than real loyal subscribers.

Frederic Shelby

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Getting someone on the phone is impossible unless you are upgrading or leaving.

Terrance Wethington

April 13th, 2020 Carthage, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well, heres my story. I got suddenlink for service in 2016. The first several months it was ok with the exception of the frequent outages. A few months later our usage increased and was warned we'd get overages. At the time they'd let you go over your allotment of data for 2 months before you'd get overage charges. When I got the second warning I contacted suddenlink and was offered an unlimited data plan. I accepted and expected an increase in my bill for the increase of the plan along with a proration for the current billing cycle. When my next bill came it was a lot higher than expected. They had charged me for $200 worth of overages. I called customer service and escalated the call to a supervisor because the representative wouldn't allow me to speak. She would either cut me off or talk over me while justifying the charges. The supervisor seemed to listen and said he'd submit the overages up higher to have them credit them back and fix the account. We agreed on a time for him to call me back when it was completed. 2 weeks later he called when I was at work (Not the agreed time) and left a voicemail advising that the charges were justified and they didn't offer an unlimited data plan in my area (My friend/neighbor had an unlimited plan in the exact same area. Our cable lines ran from the Same box). The next day I received another bill for that billing cycle and there was $300 of overages plus the plan charge and plus the last disputed bill bring the total to $600. I called suddenlink back and received the same treatment I got the first time with the woman who wouldn't let me talk. That was the first time in all of this that I actually acted belligerent. Up til then I had been polite and respectful, even when escalating the first call to a supervisor. I told them what they could do with their service and their bill. Later that week, I returned the router to them and, what do you know, they added it to my bill saying they never received it. They sent the bill to collections and the collection place warned me over going to court, in which I replied "Please do so this could go in front of a judge, since every phone call was recorded by me besides the first call of me switching plans". I told their collection place to not contact me again. They never tried to take me to court. They tried to put it on my credit. I disputed it immediately and within about 60 days it was removed. This company has a huge issue of honoring their own expectations they even promote and advertise. Suddenlink also has a huge inability owning mistakes they make. These are the most common negatives that show on these review pages.

Mike Thrasher

April 13th, 2020 Saint Joseph, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a to pay service tech to replace outdoor buried cable. After putting a TEMPORARY cable on top of the ground in late October 2019, he informed me that another service tech would be out to bury the cable in 2 weeks. After waiting a month no service tech showed up. After 4 phone request and a visit to our Suddenlink office which would be the 5th request still no service. That being said April 10, 2020 a service tech showed up and FINALLY buried the new cable. My math is average but I believe that is close to 8 months. Suddenlink has NO MORE chances with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Minion

April 2nd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

$40/month for ONLY 150GB of data. The information shown on this website is out of date. Theeir 250 GB had been REDUCED TO ONLY 150GB!!! ILLEGAL "NETWORK ENHANCEMENT FEE" $3.50/MO VERY UNRELIABLE SERVICE

Vanessa Like

March 28th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In this crisis suddenlink says hey we can help you with internet so that kids can learn still learn while the schools are closed down. Really, what they saw was an opportunity to take advantage of people in this time of need. Suddenlink will not help you with internet if you have a owed balanced with them and to make matter worse they won't let you pay it out either has to be paid in full up front as if we are already not having trouble paying bills already. So in reality people who owe them money , they do not care about your kids education. They are only concerned about getting paid.

Steve Hudgens

March 18th, 2020 Forney, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We moved to outside the city limits and have limited choices for service. We switched to Suddenlink. The customer service is TERRIBLE with suddenlink. The people do not answer the question that you ask. They rush to get you of the phone. They say things like they will send their supervisor an email about your issue. The internet speeds are no where near the advertised speed that I am paying EXTRA to get. After multiple calls, the last guy did something and I am now at about half the speed it should be (it has been 1/4). Then he starts saying the fiber cables are coming to my area soon and then I will get the speed I am paying for and have been paying to get for 5 months. The cloud DVR is SO SLOW it is painful. The $100 gift card that we were supposed to get after 3 months of service never arrived. The gave me the customer service number of some gift card service center that is not suddenlink. They have limited hours and I am supposed to have the company name and my account number to get information about the gift card..oh, and the are only there 8-5 M-F. Just having a horrible experience with this company.

Scott Blackledge

March 17th, 2020 Leander, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'd give Suddenlink one star out of five. When the planets are aligned, Suddenlink works well. But... Suddenlink quite often has outages for both the internet and for email services. I've experienced an email outage during residential prime time (between eight and ten PM, during the week). Ask them why (*if* you can get hold of them, impossible on the weekend), and they tell you they were upgrading the software. Since only an idiot would schedule an outage during heavy usage, they told me that their managers didn't know or didn't talk to each other. Since managers in every tech company I've ever worked at plan outages to the minute, either this answer is bull or Suddenlink managers really are incompetent. Another answer I've been given is that Suddenlink is now owned by Altice, a European company and the time zone differences cause problems. Talking to tech support is not possible during the weekend. The phone tree simply won't take you to anywhere useful. If there is an outage, it is especially frustrating. You better be prepared to wait until things sort themselves out. It took us three years to get the internet speed that we were paying for. I have been paying for 200M download speed but for the longest time only got (according to Speedtest, measuring over several days, several times each instance, and during the evening hours) less than 40M. I recently found out that the 200M I've paid for really means "greater than 150M" or "greater than 100M", depending on which person you talk to. Either way, I've never heard of a business where getting 50% - 75% of the service you've paid for is considered acceptable. Suddenlink has almost no discounts. My wife was discussing our bill with a rep about this. The rep did say that a $5 discount exists if the rep signs you up for EZ Pay. Since both people were on the web site, my wife asked if she should fill out the information herself, which the rep OK'd. We thought all was well until the discount never appeared on the next bill. We were later told that the rep had to sign up for you, not you yourself. It took four calls to resolve this. There are other things but this is way too long already.

Josh Bernal

March 2nd, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not one to normally place reviews of services online, but if someone reads this and it prevents them from getting deceived by this worthless company, then it was worth it. They constantly raise rates a little at a time, I believe to slowly swindle you without you knowing. I have had to call them several times over the past 10 years to ask why my bill has decided to become $20 more expensive suddenly. The operator would take about an hour, but my bill would decrease magically to placate me most likely. Over time the bill would eventually creep back up and rinse and repeat. The only reason I still use them is they have a monopoly in my area. If not for that, I would ditch these con artists in a heartbeat. The only thing I will say is when their services are operating correctly, the internet speeds are good. The main issue with that is the inconsistency of up time . I'm really worn out with these morons, they don't seem to care much about their customers, and will nickle and dime you to death if you let them. If you can, save yourself the trouble and go with somebody else, the experience can't possibly be as bad.

Erika Richardson

March 2nd, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t stand suddenlink. The absolute worst at customer service. The absolute worst at communicating anything! I’ve been lied to by numerous customer service reps. If you don’t have to use them as your provider don’t!

RightOfAtillaTheHun

March 2nd, 2020 Burnet, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too bad ZERO stars is not an option, they’d get ZERO. Suddenly you’re not linked. Two nights in a row,, promises made, “your technician is scheduled to be there between 6 and 8 pm. Two nights in a row, promises broken. Two days in a row following up with their reps, why didn’t your reps show up. “Oh, I don’t see any scheduled appointments “. Gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Oscar Olivares

February 12th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bill went up another 10 with no notice and it started at 80 For the 400mpbs and now up to 115 and who knows how much more it will go up. I’m going to cancel and it’s not my thing to put down bad reviews at all i usually stay quiet for things like this but this is not fair for me and all who having to go through not being able to get in contact with customer support, super high prices, and other inconveniences.

Alan Olmedo

February 10th, 2020 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Sudden Link for my internet provider and the service is good with 24/7 customer service that is friendly and willing to try to help with whatever it is you need.

C. S.

February 7th, 2020 Winnsboro, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a negative score I would! They lie, cheat, steal from me. Raise my rates with no notice, charged me for years for service I didn't get and declare the hours I waited for customer service was never logged, so it didn't happen! I'm 59 years old, and this is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They just jacked up my bill another $10 WITH NO NOTICE!

Madison Kneiss

January 27th, 2020 Mount Hope, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Probably the worst internet company I have ever used. Have the highest available service and half the time it still doesn’t work.

S Parsons

January 23rd, 2020 New Kensington, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible service!!! For the outrageous amount of money I pay every month. I’d like to have an Internet/Cable/Phone provider that I can depend on. I know “stuff” happens and things break, but two nights in a row is pathetic. Furthermore, everything was working fine until the other day when one of their trucks pulled up out front and a technician started messing with stuff on the pole. My Internet/TV/Phone all went out for about 45 minutes, but it came back up when he left. However, I lost everything again that night.

llf

January 23rd, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst Internet provider. Constant internet outages, when I call they have me work on their equipment (not my profession, glad i'm paying them to fix their issues). When techs come out i am charged for the visit, they do bare minimum then basically tell me they are here to only "check the internet". My problems are never solved and I have problems with no internet weekly. Save your money go anywhere else. Sadly for me this is my only option where i live so i am stuck. Also refused to give me the number for corporate.... seriously. the. worst. most. frustrating . provider. Save your hair, they have caused me to pull mine out.

Armen Tanzarian

January 10th, 2020 Mountain View, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. They often fail to show up for appointments. The people who work the phones are complete idiots.

Virginia

January 8th, 2020 Little Elm, TX

So far, I have been attempting to get service since the middle of November. Had originally signed up online and was scheduled before Thanksgiving. The technician came out and said the wire didn’t go all the way to my house and he would see if it could be done that day as it was to my neighbor’s house (it was not done that day). It took me no less than 5 times calling and scheduling ( no one came the first 4 times) to finally get someone to come run the cable. Each time no one bothered to show up. Then, I started getting promises of install again. First was scheduled and did not show up, second was scheduled and I had to cancel on my end because power was out. Then, they again scheduled and technician decided it was too late ( I was last one of the day) and rescheduled. The reschedule never showed up and when I called, they said I was never on the schedule and rescheduled again with a promise to appear. That reschedule also never showed up, and again I was told I wasn’t on the schedule. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there were none and a different department supervisor would give me a call back ( never did). Again rescheduled with a super serious promise they would show up ( today) but as I called to verify ( just now) was told everyone was rescheduled from today and moved to Monday ( while I am working and without notice). This time I again ask for a supervisor and am transferred to someone who was not but listened to me complain again and when I ask ( again) for a supervisor, I am told there is no point, that I will just be told my service was rescheduled ( who knows if they will actually show up if I take the morning off of work, and have been driving an hour each time if scheduling that does not show up). It has been now more than a month and a half and I still can not get these people to show up so I can give them business. Thinking they are a really bad idea.

Frances Gutierrez

December 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a cable company that seems to have inter-company communication issues. Installation took 3 weeks longer than expected, burying the cable across my driveway took over 6 months and then there were dozens of promised return calls that never came. Overall the internet service is only fair to good but in my area I have few choices.

Marilyn Hill

December 20th, 2019 Bryan, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Suddenlink is the worst provider you can get. Since Sept 2019 they have been horrible. Cable , internet and phone never works. Techs come out to repair and next day interruptions all over again. My services has not worked correctly since I got them installed back in Sept. Was suppose to get a promotion and it never happened. Now I get a bill for $456.00 for one month of service. Every representative I talked I cant understand their language and I get discnnected and have to start over with someone else. They make no notes on your bill please run from this company

Azalard

December 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have a monopoly in East Texas, but they have very fast and reliable internet service. They're a little pricy, but we haven't really had any problems with Suddenlink.

Lear C

December 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was fine ,and I'm happy with them

Mike

November 25th, 2019 Abilene, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only 1 star just to rate. Worthless company with a model that appears to do everything but help the customer. Their agents over the phone do not know the answers to any questions or do not want to answer. They appear to continuously pawn costumers off on other departs purposely so they can place people on hold for hours and still receive no beneficial service. Either their treatment is on purpose to discourage costumers from even calling or they are so poorly managed and trained that their employees are nothing more than people who know how to transfer phone calls. Extremely unprofessional business!

Sweet

November 21st, 2019 Lake Charles, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. Wait time is up to an hour.

Kendra

November 20th, 2019 Trinity, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am warning my family and friends don’t get service from sudden link the employees are rude and don’t answer your question put you on hold for hours I called to get service in September and still haven’t received anything so I called for my refund haven’t receive that either I was informed today my refund was returned to the account which was closed in September I have called back and was told the refund was sent back on October 21 it would take 5 to 10 business days it’s November 19 still no refund you will get the run around and it will become stressful

kayt

November 18th, 2019 Nacogdoches, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

one star too many. they recently went through a migration and bill has not been consistent. their servers are usually down when trying to review bill or make payment. if you make payment with agent, they charge $10. when calling, you are either on hold for approx. 1 hr (call backs take longer). chat can be 'on hold' for approx 30 min. since taken over by Altice, they have gotten so much worse.

Rich

November 13th, 2019 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rated it 1-star only because I had to. Although the Internet and Phone service is pretty reliable, there are always problems or issues where one needs help. Well, forget it with Suddenlink! Over the years I have tried to manage 2 accounts with Suddenlink. This is a composite of both: Technical Support: It took us over 14 MONTHS to resolve a TV problem which required more than 8 box (cable DVR) swaps at a Local Suddenlink Store and well over a dozen service calls before the problem magically went away with the last box swap. You see, when you go to swap your box you don't get a NEW one! You get one that was returned, probably with someone else's issue. Technical Support is incapable of determining what went wrong and the phone service is totally clueless. I was also CHARGED for a service that they performed which required a Suddenlink Modem to be swapped to get the downstream router and local network working again. Took me about 2 months to get that charge removed and only when I went to the FCC to do it. Many other examples of technical issues that were never resolved by them, but me. Billing: Over 2 months ago Suddenlink changed their billing service over to Optimum's system (Parent of both subsidiaries is Altice) and since then I have been unable to PAY a bill MANUALLY online, and could NOT set up auto pay (their EZ PAY) because of a software problems STILL not fixed and in the 3rd month. Today I simply wanted to update my credit card for EZ PAY (mine worked, the other account wasn't carried across after the change to Optimum), but it would NOT let me change it, remove the existing one, or add a new one. After 65 minutes on a phone call (50 minutes on wait queue which is normal), and another 45 minutes on their online CHAT, I got the answer I expected: "go down to the local store and they will help you." Couldn't explain to them that I did that twice already for previous billing problem on other account and they too were locked out by the error! I had to pay MANUALLY in PERSON that time. So, CHAT is useless for billing issues because they have no access to the billing system. They are also useless in that the problem is in their Website Software and they won't connect me with a website technical person to discuss the issue. Hence, 3 months and still not fixed. Suddenlink is a monopoly here in Amarillo with no competitors that provide high speed internet needed for TV Streaming. AT&T is finally installing FIBER, but none here yet. I'd pay double or even more to get Suddenlink out of my life. I could probably continue for pages more with all the issues NOT resolved by Suddenlink. The above should be example enough to show their incompetence in resolving problems AND the customer service they DON'T provide.

ldk50

November 13th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they are the only game in Kingwood we have changed the phone the internet but for cable this is it--they are HORRIBLE they don't care about the customers you call they hang up on you. Go to their office you wait 2-3 hours--if you have an option do not chose them

Utku

November 8th, 2019 Clovis, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything about this company is bad. Customer representatives, service quality, hidden tricky prices, low internet speed....

Steven tawater

November 7th, 2019 Allen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever!!!!!!!! Worst customer service I have ever dealt with! I give it 0 stars. Stay away from this company, you've been warned.

Monty McGee

November 4th, 2019 Stillwater, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These people take incompentence to a new level. I have been a customer of their internet/phone service for about 6 weeks. During that time I have been without phone for half that time. They have sent out tech support people, have "reset" my modem numerable times and have escalated the problem to the next higher level, all without success. When I actually end up talking to someone all I get are hollow promises of improvement and credit for lost service, both of which are yet to be realized. My recommendation? Get your phone service elsewhere. Internet is OK, I suppose.