Best Company Guarantee byte Logo

byte

8.8

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2022

Byte® is a clear aligner company that offers remote treatment to customers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment correction. In December of 2020, Byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

Created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, Byte's Smile Science technology designs a personalized smile. The proprietary Byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™. Byte's aligner plans with their exclusive HyperByte device offer fast results for a smile you'll love.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the Byte team and its customer support.

Keep reading our Byte review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing Byte.

Go directly to Byte reviews

The Good

• Positive Byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration Tool Included
  • Short Average Treatment Length
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive Byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ Byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and Byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their Byte treatment plan and overall smile results.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

*This includes some reviewers who received a free gift in exchange for their honest opinions.

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

Byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to Byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

Byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, Byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for Byte, the company will refund you the full price of the Byte impression kit.

The molds are used to generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.

The Byte team will also look at your pictures to decide on a plan that matches your facial structure. Byte evaluates your facial structure to help create your smile plan, using Smile Science. This is a detailed system created by Dr. Marashi who has worked with several well-known Hollywood stars. The Smile Science aims to ensure your smile looks symmetrical in comparison to your face.

You’ll have a chance to review the customized treatment plan and respond with any questions you may have.

Byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the Byte treatment, Byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

Byte’s treatments are done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration Tool Included

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone.

According to Byte, this type of therapy may reduce discomfort and better seat the aligners around the teeth. This may result in better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Short Average Treatment Length

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, Byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following Byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the Byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in four-to-five months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that Byte does. Byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

Byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, Byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

Byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, Byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

Byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, Byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $82 monthly payment over 32 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, Byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through Byte's financing partner, Affirm. Byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: Byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, Byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

Byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is a notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind-resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than Byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners for a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

Byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though Byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives (conditions apply). While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. Byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies.

Additionally, Byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through Byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of Byte's service is its HyperByte® device with high frequency vibration (HFV) technology, which may help speed up tooth movement and ease discomfort;* this device is included free as part of the treatment. *Preliminary clinical studies of small groups of users have shown that daily recommended use of a high-frequency seating device functionally equivalent to HyperByte with clear aligners may have this effect. Individual results may vary.

Byte customer reviews praise Byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy the entire straightening process is with Byte. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While Byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use Byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings and convenience of receiving clear aligner treatment from home.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Emily Hartman Bozeman, MT

My treatment has been taking longer than stated but I am seeing progress. Slowly but there has been progress. There has been some miss communication along the way on both ends through email but today I had a scheduled call with Esmeralda and she was great. She was friendly, listened, and made great points. I’m very excited to see keep moving forward and see the final results. Thank you for all the support along the the way.

Reply from byte

Byte is fit for mild to moderate cases and is not for everyone. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Joe Nelson Charlotte, NC

I chose Byte because I wanted to try and fix my crooked lower teeth but I didn't want to spend a lot of money to do it. The onboarding process was easy, and I liked the digital creation of what my teeth will look like through the treatment cycle. The aligners themselves have worked, though I have not quite finished my treatment (I am taking longer then expected because I'm not wearing them as much as I'm supposed to, which is totally my fault) . However, the biggest area that Byte should change is communication. I understand that there are significant legal issues with giving advice, Etc, but getting a somewhat straight answer or even a "we cannot answer that, you should ask your dentist" would go a long way. Responses also took a long time.

Reply from byte

Hello Joe. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Melissa Piper-Barr Aubrey, TX

system is not bad however there is no one monitoring your progress unless you submit an appointment with an issue. the photos you upload are not looked at. do yourself a favor and join the facebook group as you will learn more there than with resources from Byte. once they get your payment is it very difficult to reach them. and make sure you do the insurance or you are wasting your money. that said, I am almost done and happy with the progress. it did take more than twice as long, as i moved too quickly and did not realize no one was monitoring the photos sent in. like i said, join the facebook group and you will learn all the mistakes of others for a more swift program.

Reply from byte

Hi Melissa. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Brianne Lett Austin, TX

I liked the process and the way my teeth have began to shift to get rid of my little gaps - my only issue was the customer service part. I noticed that in the end I still have a sizeable gap near my bottom canines - i contacted then and asked what could be done since I had just dropped $3,000+ on these braces. I paid it all off within 3-4 months and since they had all my money, they said SORRY! But you approved the payments for them so you are SOL :-/ I was pretty angry at first and am still not happy about the end result, especially since I went on this journey to build my confidence and find happiness in my smile. I would pay for a set of braces that could remove these gaps - im sure it would be a set of 3 or 6 of them. But they told me I had to pay them for another entire treatment, which would leave me in the red for about $6,000+.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, so we appreciate you leaving this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Amanda Cruz Coulterville, CA

Byte needs to be more descriptive of the process. You throw a box of aligners at us and we're basically flying blind with what to do. Definitely need to be way more informative about the process of the aligners and when it's the right time to move to the next set. I followed the very basic instructions and changed my aligners out every 7 days, not knowing I was nowhere near ready for a change out!!! Be up front with people and let them know they may need to wear their aligners anywhere from 1-4 weeks at a time. And make sure people know what to look for to know if it's time to move to the next set of aligners

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. Thank you!

Mar. 7th, 2022

Lisa Shears Linthicum Heights, MD

Issues with fit and effectiveness of aligners. My treatment program was supposed to be about 5 months and is still in progress after 10 months; due to refinement aligners supplied without doing another impression kit; refinement aligners not working after a few weeks but having to continue through full set of problematic aligners before I could get another set made. Third set of bottom aligners finally seems to be working but still have 5 more weeks to go.

Reply from byte

Lisa, thank you for reaching out- We would like to look into this further. Due to customer privacy laws, we are limited in what we can say on public platforms. Please message us over Facebook or Instagram, we look forward to your outreach!

Bailey Clevenger Johnstown, CO

Byte aligners are a great concept and kind of work, however it doesn't seem I'm achieving results as planned for. My teeth have been corrected a bit, but are nowhere near the perfect smile I hope to have. They have been helpful in sending me refinement aligners and responding to concerns however. My teeth are not bad, just a bit crowded in the bottom row as the retainer I had after years of braces didn't seem to keep its form. I still hope to achieve the smile I hope for with Byte.

Reply from byte

Bailey, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing this feedback. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 or send us a DM on our social platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.

Alyssa Riggs Charlotte, NC

The initial set up was easy with good costumer service. I think the timeline is very misleading. I've had to wear my aligners for months at a time. Also I'm at the end of my treatment and my teeth are not how I was hoping they'd be. I still have some crowding and it created a few new issues as well. It would be nice if there was an office to be seen for these type of problems. Overall it has definitely worked just not to the standard I was hoping.

Reply from byte

Hi Alyssa, we want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Our team should be sending you check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Susan Hanlon New Hope, PA

Thier response time was problematic. At the end of my treatment, I had to wait six weeks for my final retainer. During the wait time, one of my aligners ripped and I had to go back to a previous set. By the time I received the retainer my teeth had moved significantly. I am still wearing my retainer after two weeks and my teeth are still not where they should be at the end of my treatment.

Reply from byte

Hi Susan. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Brittany V Nashville, TN

Struggles with many steps: impression issues, not receiving straight feedback when aligners weren't progressing (conflicting responses from various Byte resources), inability to get the rest of my aligners shipped to me when asked (they cancelled original order and it took 3 more months to receive), timing not aligned with expectation even though I've followed appropriate steps. I'm almost hitting the 10 months mark when I was told <5 due to having to backtrack.

Reply from byte

Hi Brittany , Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Our team should be sending you check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Linette Aleman Chicago, IL

It's also my fault I wasn't consistent with Byte, i wasn't doing the 22 hours of wearing after a month and it's taken me maybe a year. I did however did want a few of my "carnivore teeth" to lower bc some of them are more out then my normal teeth, and i thought Byte was going to help with that but I guess it didn't with the aligners. My teeth also don't feel completely straight like when I had actual braces, but then again that can be my fault too.

Reply from byte

Hello Linette! If any questions arise during treatment,, that is where our Professional Care Team comes in. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. We would also recommend giving our team a call at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Andrew Anaheim, CA

My teeth are getting straighter, so it works to some degree. Progress is over 2x slower: original prediction was 6 months, and it's been 1 year with probably another 4 months to go. When things didn't go accordingly, customer service is slow to set things right and lots of delays processing materials. Customer service is friendly. Compan offers incentives to leave reviews that forbids receiving incentives. I'm currently waiting to finish my treatment before updating various reviews. Stay tuned.

Reply from byte

Hi Andrew, thank you for your great review! We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. We would also recommend giving our team a call at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Brenna Janel Moloney Billings, MT

This was a very affordable treatment and it improved the issue I was looking to resolve, however, the treatment caused some bone loss in my front teeth and my dentist had to sand them down a little to correct the hard bite so they wouldn't become too mobile. If I had to do it again, I would probably choose to go to an orthodontist so they could check the bite and the progress regularly.

Reply from byte

Hi Brenna, we want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Anneliese Roberto The Colony, TX

I went into this really excited not to have braces again (I had them as a teenager but never wore my retainers). However, I think the company gave me unrealistic expectations about how long it would take for my treatment plan. Obviously they do not know when they initially fit you how slow/fast your teeth will move, but I would hope they would have given me a better timeline considering how crooked my bottom teeth were.

Reply from byte

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. If any questions arise regarding the fit of aligners, that is where our Professional Care Team comes in. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. We would also recommend giving our team a call at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Dawn Pittsburgh, PA

When aligners don't fit right or you have problems they make you take photos, fill out questionnaires, lose progress by not wearing them etc. All in an attempt to not have to send you a new set that work better for you. I am going on my 4th set of aligners and the amount of work to get here has made my original 13 weeks to almost a year... when they fit they most certainly work and my teeth look amazingly better than when I started

Reply from byte

Hi there, we hear you and understand the frustration of having to extend treatment. Each customer's dental health and safety is number one, so we want to make sure to get to those results in the safest way possible. Our team is working hard to get every customer there as quickly as possible. When questions arise, we are here to help. Please reach out anytime through our Contact Us page. We are ready to support!

Mar. 16th, 2022

Brandon Webster Los Angeles, CA

Treatment has taken 6-8 months longer than promised. The inability to visit an orthodontist or do any evaluations in person is not the best idea; my teeth didn't track correctly and this wasn't caught. I'm now on my third full set of aligners after having to do three home impression kits. Candid and other companies do a digital scan which is much more accurate.

Reply from byte

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Cinamin San Bernardino, CA

Customer service is very slow to respond. Each time I had a problem, I sent an email. Then I had to wait for almost a week for any response. Even though I sent pictures of my issues in the email, I had to fill out a form and add the pictures to the form. I wasn't able to access the form until the link was sent to me. I had holes in my aligners and it took 3 weeks to get the form submitted!

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Ashley Sadler Louisville, KY

Overall, not a great experience. Very little communication for them and when I would reach out, it would be days before anyone would contact me. If they did at all. I have noticed my teeth are straighter, but not as much as I expected or anticipated. I've followed up with the care team many times and it seems like a messy process. My retainers constantly wear down and break.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Mar. 15th, 2022

Leonard nicholls Limestone, ME

I find that the program was rushed and the 15 week time frame was unrealistic. It was all quite comfortable till about week 11 when the changes each week became drastic and pretty hard to handle. I chose to go to wearing them only at night for the last few sets and change them every 2 to 3 weeks rather than weekly. Also the quality of the retainers are fairly poor from what I'm told. Compared to invisalign and such the byte forms are ill fitted and rough which is probably due to them being an at home kit as opposed to a dentist run program. It also would have been good to recieve the whitening foam for the full duration father than just the first month or so.

Reply from byte

Thank you for your feedback, Leonard. We understand that every person's anatomy is different and it is okay for every person to go through treatment at their own pace. We want to ensure that we can give every customer the support they need throughout treatment. If at any point a customer is concerned with their progress or the pace of their treatment we have our Professional Care team to help address any concerns or questions. Our aligners are made of a custom PETG blend of plastic. Our material is of comparable thickness to the Zendura plastic used by other aligner companies. If there are ever concerns regarding the quality of the aligners we want to look into this right away. You can reach our team at 877-298-3669 or send us an email at [email protected] We are standing by for support!

Nov. 10th, 2021

Layne Petrino Oviedo, FL

Once I got to week 7 my aligners starting fitting very poorly. I tried to force them over my teeth, use the Hyperbyte more often, etc but nothing worked. I got to week 8 and couldn't get my aligner on so (after reading reviews that said that everyone was told to go back to earlier aligners) I went back to week 6 and kept each aligner in until it fit pretty well before moving on to the next week. I'm finally on week 9 now and (again) they won't fit all the way over my teeth. I think I need to call customer service but I'm dreading it bc all the reviews say that no one will help you and instead they just tell you to go back to previous aligners.

Reply from byte

Hi Layne. Our team is here to help you every step of the way. If your aligners are not fitting properly, we want our customer care team to review the fit and figure out what steps we can take next to safely get you to your end results. Simply give us a call at 877-298-3669 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and a Byte team member will help you out!

Oct. 30th, 2021

Bethany Edmonds Mead, WA

Got my original set of aligners, followed instructions to a T and when I got to step 3 the bottoms were no where near close to fitting. Contacted byte and it took like 3 weeks of messaging back and forth for them to say I needed new aligners. "Wasted" another 2 weeks waiting for and sending the new impression kit. Another 2+ weeks after that for the new aligners to ship.. long story short, the new aligners are much better but im 3 months in and only on week 4 (out of 20) so their time frame for straightening was WAY off. Overall though, ill have to wear retainers at night for the rest of my life, so them taking longer to straighten isn't a huge deal. I should add i paid almost $3000 for these (I got the night aligners plus protection plan).

Reply from byte

Hi Bethany, we understand the frustration of having to extend treatment. Your dental health and safety is number one, so we want to make sure to get you to those results in the safest way possible. Our team is working hard to get you there as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and we are so happy you chose Byte! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! We are here to help:)

Mindy Colorado Springs, CO

At first the customer service is amazing.. During the impression phase the customer service and responce time will knock your socks off... But once your a customer it sucks! I couldn't remove my aligners and it took them 8 days to reply to me.. I was crying for 3 days trying everything to get them off and nothing was working.. Worst pain of my life and I've had 3 kids and 14 broken bones... Everytime I have an issue or a question it takes about a week to get a responce and usually they dont help just make excuses... The fantastic polite and instant responce through text ends as soon as you pay them.. I still give it 3 stars because they are working fine! Still a heck of a pain to get off but as my teeth straighten they get easier to remove.. The tool they give doesnt help, I had to buy a vinyl weeding hook to get mine off and still have to use it. But the aligners work fantastic and my teeth and really moving at a fast rate.. Discomfort has improved a lot, whitening foam works fairly well and taste good.

Reply from byte

Hi Mindy, we are so sorry to hear about the beginning of your aligner experience! We are glad that things are going better, but we want to make sure you feel supported the whole way through. If you ever are unable to connect with our team, give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message on Facebook and we would be happy to help. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback:)

Barbara Stoker

After researching my options for at-home aligners I chose Byte because I thought their overall approach was ideal for what I was looking for. I feel satisfied with my choice. The treatment plan, price and customer service have all met my needs. If I have to make one small critique I would only ask that they consider providing more Bright Byte with the treatment package instead of one month. But it seems fair to include enough to get through at least 3 months without rationing. Otherwise I'm pleased with Byte.

Anabell Renton, WA

Treatment was alright. Not really worth the price in my opinion. The invisible braces weren't exactly comfortable and they were shaped really weird. One of my tooth started shifting even when so consistently wear my retainers everyday (some days more than just during the night).

Reply from byte

Thank you Anabell for reaching out and bringing these things to our attention. We want to ensure that your retainers fit properly. Please reach us though our social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram via DMs!

Daniel Mitchell Tuscaloosa, AL

The treatment took longer than it needed to, and I believe it's because one of the Byte specialist was undertrained. As a result, I had trouble figuring out my treatment steps from misinformation and my treatment lasted longer.

Reply from byte

Hello Daniel. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Christy DeRolf Shelbyville, IN

Communication has been difficult with knowing what form either email or through their website. Also it took 2 months to get new aligners when mine were not matching up with my teeth and now my vibrator mouth guard will no longer work so it is taking much longer than I had expected.I orignall

Paul Clement Mount Airy, MD

Customer support has been very good, but the aligner process has taken far longer than advertised. I understand that it can take longer to work for some, but I've been doing it for almost a full year now and while I can see progress, my teeth aren't where the Byte illustrations showed they would be.

Reply from byte

Hi Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we anticipated but we try to make the process as simple as possible. We hope you share progress pictures with us!

Mar. 18th, 2022

Javier Espinoza

It did not work for me to close the gap on my lower incisors, it actually made my teeth loose to the point my dentist said I will lose them eventually since they were lose that can be rocked back and forth.

Reply from byte

Byte is fit for mild to moderate cases. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Nyshe Ramirez Woodside, NY

My treatment has come to a stop but my bottom row on my right side isn't line up correctly. The middle is fixed but now I'm bother on my lower right. I keep the aligners on, use the device and send pictures. Now I have to put more money for another treatment, half off or not money have to come out of my pocket for this fixed up, disappointed.

Reply from byte

Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call. We look forward to connecting!

Meg Los Angeles, CA

Customer service was amazing during the sign up process, but once I got my aligners I was almost completely abandoned. Never got email updates, or text updates. When I reached out for help, I got a different representative with every email reply that I sent. Leading to re-iteration of the information and delay of assistance.

Mar. 7th, 2022

Theresa Ackerman Jacksonville, FL

At first, Customer Support was proactive, and I had all the tools I needed to be successful. One I received my first set of aligners, I got little further instruction. I figured most of it out by myself, but did call customer support a few times to find out what my next steps were.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our customer experience.

David Rinaldi Rio Rancho, NM

I feel like the progress was about 80% to my perfect smile, a few teeth are a bit misaligned. I was very strict on wearing retainers and some cases wore a reatiner for weeks longer than needed as I felt some discomfort switching as fast as perscribed

Reply from byte

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669. We want to make sure we address any concerns you may have.

Greg McKinnon San Leandro, CA

The first 20+ weeks were great. There was a lot of movement and my teeth started to look better. Now I'm on my 35th set and I have gaps in teeth that collect food almost every time I eat. My teeth don't line up when I take the aligners off. It takes 10-15 min every morning for my teeth to fit together.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Rance Collins Los Angeles, CA

Once I got the aligners, things went relatively smoothly, but I don't think my teeth moved as expected and so while my bottom teeth are less crowded than they were, they are not totally corrected. They needed some course correction, and there was no clear way for me to communicate that so I could get the appropriate adjustments. Now I feel like I'm stuck with a bill for something that didn't totally do the job.

Reply from byte

Thank you for your feedback, Rance. Our goal is to give our customers a smile they love. Because of this, we want to make sure each concern is addressed to ensure we have done all we can to achieve this. We also are proud to offer our Aligner Guarantee, where if a customer has reached the end of treatment and is not happy with the results our team can re-evaluate those results. If approved, we will provide additional treatment at no extra cost to get to the results we promised. Our Aligner Guarantee is contingent on having followed all of the treatment guidelines. To connect with our team you can give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send an email to [email protected] We are standing by for support!

Nov. 10th, 2021

Alexandra Makoske Ghent, NY

I had alot of pain in the begining of treatment, and although there is support to reach out to, I would think there would be more check-ins. I did reach out to support and did get a promp answer. I didnt have a check in until half way through my treatment. Also, Ive had to trim or use ortho wax for amlost every tray. If my teeth didnt hurt, my tongue was sore constantly.

Reply from byte

Hi there. During treatment, it is totally normal to feel some discomfort as your teeth adjust into place and adjust to wearing aligners. Throughout each step of treatment, you should be receiving periodic check-in emails so we can touch base and make sure things are going smoothly. If you haven't been receiving those emails, we want to look into this. Give us a call at 877-298-3669 and a Byte team member can further assist and make sure all your questions and concerns are being answered!

Oct. 30th, 2021

Christina Bhajan-Lebron Saint Cloud, FL

I paid for the night version however i have to wear these all day, so I ended up paying more than I should since i do not have the conscience to not wear aligners during working hours. The case to store braces do not have enough room and the two aligners must be placed in a specific way because it becomes a hassle and I'm afraid if i close the case quickly, that an aligner will be damaged. Ironic, because the case is suppose to prevent that from happening.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We want to make sure your Byte experience is positive and our team is here to help. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us an email at [email protected] and our customer care team can help address any questions or concerns you are having!

Oct. 27th, 2021

Meagan Potter Houston, TX

I have been impressed by their customer support during the initial start of the program. Unfortunately, I am currently on my 3 set of impressions because every time I get my set, one of my aligners doesn't fit. It's quite frustrating. It would be so helpful if they could have a consulting in-person dentist that I could see to ensure that my impressions are correct.

Reply from byte

Hi Meagan, thank you for this feedback. Our impression specialists are here to help throughout the impression process. Give us a call at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to connect you with a specialist:)

Mary ONeil Nashville, TN

My first three weeks were rough. I expected that. But it is really difficult to get a quick response from anyone. The enthusiastic sales person was so big on customer service and even when I tried to reach him, he ghosted completely. The jury is still out on whether I would recommend. If results are good then yes, with caveat that customer service is slow to respond.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your review! Once treatment has started, our team sends out check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. For any questions or concerns regarding this, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a call back. Or if you are having a hard time connecting with our team, send us a direct message on Facebook!

Ngozi Okorie Bedford, TX

I can see the progress in my teeth already. The re-authorization stays on my account as a pending transaction for 10 days which messes with my credit line. I've provided my insurance twice and have not received any information or feedback on whether or not it can be applied to my treatment. Overall my experience has been good as far as the actually service but the payment side of it has not been the best

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience. To address your questions and concerns, give us a call at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to help!

Marilyn London Bridgeport, CT

Customer service is much slower than I hoped. My bottom aligners don't fit on my molars and need to be significantly trimmed in order for them to fit properly. Otherwise they pop off of my teeth. I called customer service and told them about this and I have been waiting days for a response. I also don't see any improvement in the space on my bottom teeth.

Reply from byte

Marilyn, we appreciate your feedback, and we can understand your concern. Due to a higher volume, our response time has been less than ideal. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the delay. Our team is working hard to help each and every customer as soon as possible. For immediate assistance, you can reach our team at 877-298-3669. We are standing by for support!

Oct. 12th, 2021

Julie Rodriguez Herrera Fontana, CA

It's ok my progress has been ok. I honestly feel like my gums have suffer a lot during the process and their whitening gel really don't work. I will like to give them a positive review on their viper treatment it helps with the discomfort. Teeth shift slowly but you won't see a major difference and I really didn't have much to correct. Don't waste your money if you have major problems with your teeth go conventional braces in that case.

Reply from byte

Hi Julie, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. If at any time you have concerns, we want to help! Please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us an email at [email protected] :)

Shantel Bakare Silver Beach, MA

There are definitely pros and cons. I like that I can take them on and off but the majority of my treatment was during lockdown otherwise I wouldn't recommend it because I'm a night person and I would've probably missed a lot of days because I go out at night. It is also super painful for about 3-4 days in the week when you wear a new set. I can't speak properly when I had them and that was hard because I work in a call centre.

Reply from byte

Hi Shantel, thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you chose Byte, and we can't wait to get you to that last step. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out - we are here to help!

Oct. 20th, 2021

Amy Ravenna, OH

The aligners seem to be working well and came quickly. I felt that the sales department was a bit pushy and I'm waiting for an insurance reimbursement because the sales person either wasn't sure how that works or just wanted the sale regardless. Apparently my insurance will pay half upfront. I also felt the directions on the impression kit was lacking I had to go on YouTube.

Reply from byte

Thank you for your feedback, Amy. It is never our intention to be pushy during the initial process. We want to make sure that you are well informed before purchasing. We are sorry to hear that this was not your experience. We would be happy to check on any insurance-related questions you have. To connect with our insurance team call 877-298-3669. When you call, you'll want to select option 3 for insurance. We are standing by for support!

Oct. 12th, 2021

Matt Sweeney Middletown, DE

The treatment has been fairly good and successful, but when submitting issues via email it takes about a week for a response, and by that time you're on to your next set. I've also had a few times where I haven't gotten a response at all. Since this could have health implications I would expect a faster response time. When I call i can usually get my questions answered by the end of the day. I also feel like they should do more regular check ins with patients. My check in happened almost at the end of my treatment and I was asked to go back a few sets to correct the teeth that fell off track. I don't really think this is anyone's fault, but by the time I realized some teeth were slightly off track it was too late for me to go back to previous aligners to a set that fit properly. By having more regular check in s this would have been caught earlier. My shipping address was also not updated properly even though I did confirm it in my email to support. They sent my new impression kit to the wrong address and I had to ask for a new one, which took an extra week. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for my new sets of aligners. This brings me to a total of over 2 months in the same set of aligners. Everyone I've talked to has been pleasant, but getting support has been messy and I've had to reach out multiple times for some issues.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your review! Once treatment has started, our team sends out check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. For any questions or concerns regarding this, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a call back. Or if you are ever having a hard time getting ahold of our team, feel free to send us a direct message on Facebook and we'd be happy to help from there:)

Oct. 20th, 2021

Olivia Johnson Jacksonville, FL

Only 3 stars because I do give them the speed factor of fixing the teeth is nice. However, it only fixed one tooth. When multiple teeth are crooked, after wearing them for 5 months only one tooth has shifted. It was the main tooth I had concern about, but I would still like to see other teeth fixed as well. Costumer service is always very nice and do reply with a timely manner. I have had to re-tray myself because I had gotten ahead on switching my bottom aligners which is why they did not progress. I do recommend byte, and I have and friends have trusted my word. I value the price of the treatment because of my low income being in college. And the fact that they work with you and will send a whole brand new treatment if you’re not happy like I did. I am now correctly changing the aligners so now only time will tell how it all goes together, but I am optimistic.

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear our Care team is taking care of you. We are here for you to assists with any questions or concerns you may have. For immediate assistance, don't hesitate to give us a call at 877-298-3669. We are here for YOU!

Sep. 22nd, 2021

Amy Owensboro, KY

I recently bought my impression kit and retainers, when I bought them they said I would get a coupon for their whitening light for free. They did send the coupon however when you try to claim it, it says it's invalid. I also spent a lot of money to have all the retainers come all jagged and rough with a tiny nail file and instructions that I can file them if I want to. For the amount of money I spent I would have hoped they delivered a finished product not full of rough edges and weird shaped retainers that don't cover all of my front teeth which makes them not "invisible" and pretty obvious I'm wearing them.

Reply from byte

Hi Amy, we are so sorry to hear that this has been your experience! It is important to us that you are supported and that your concerns are addressed, so if this has not been the case with your Byte journey, we will want to look into this right away. If you have had trouble getting in touch with our team, please give us a call for the quickest assistance at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a callback. You can also reach out to us via Facebook direct message. We want to make sure you are taken care of and are provided proper solutions.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Amanda Reed Columbus, OH

I chose Byte because of the research I did for the best company. Their customer service is amazing. However with the braces themselves the febrile first set was not cut right and they really cut up my lips and tongue. When I was done with my first set, my teeth were not as straight as they should have been, and I was using hyperbyte every day as directed. They sent me new molds, and sent me a whole new set of aligners. Which is totally fine, but it was going on 6 months and with the hyper byte they were saying I could be done in half of the time. So then I went through my second set still using hyper byte and I’m now at the end of that set and my teeth are still not straight. They are straightER but not the end result. So I just did a remold and am working on my 3rd set. It’s been almost a year, so by the time it’s said and done it might be a year and a half to get my best result. Their customer service and the fact they guarantee my smile for life is what makes them great. I know that a lot of this could be my own stubborn teeth not wanting to move, so it’s not all of their fault. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to use invisible braces.

Reply from byte

Hello Amanda! Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. We are proud to offer our Aligner Guarantee, where if a customer has reached the end of treatment and is not happy with the results our team can re-evaluate those results. If approved, we will provide additional treatment at no extra cost to get to the results we promised. Our Aligner Guarantee is contingent on having followed all of the treatment guidelines.If you have any further questions, please reach us at 877-298-3669 or send us a DM on Facebook. We are standing by for support!

Caroline American Fork, UT

The customer service hasn’t been 3. I have tried both email and texting. I have had to ask multiple times for answers and gone days without response. I originally did the bytepay and then pulled the total cost upfront after a couple months and was supposed to be refunded my down payment and monthly payments. But the refund is a month late and they have still been taking out automatic payments. And they won’t message me back. It has honestly been very stressful. And on top of it my aligners stopped fitting after week 6 and I’m currently working on what they asked me to do to correct it but it has been frustrating to work with this company in all areas. It also wasn’t clear the process they want you to do throughout treatment to keep them updated, if that was very clear in the beginning that may have helped but I was just informed in an email what they were expecting that I didn’t know about.

Reply from byte

Hi Caroline! Thank you for your feedback. We would love to look into this further for you. If you can please reach out to us at [email protected], we'll make sure to get you taken care of right away with an update and next steps.

Feb. 10th, 2021

Michele Donton

It is very new for my preteen son. I wish that they plan was written out in black and white. I like that each week is marked on the aligners. I have a telephone call with the orthodontist on a Saturday evening at 7:30 P. M. After the treatment is complete I can give it more stars possibly. I do not understand why my son only had to wear the aligners on his upper for 14 weeks (his upper have a small gap between the two from teeth) his lower calls for 17 weeks and I'm not sure why? His lower teeth look extremely straight with zero gaps. I curious to see what the orthodontist has to say on the phone conference. I had to wait two weeks to speak with him/her.

Nikki Lally Douglas, WY

I submitted a request for treatment review, including photos that were asked for, because my aligners we're not fitting properly. The request was made a month ago and I have not received further communication.

Reply from byte

Nikki, thank you for reaching out- We would like to look into this further. Due to customer privacy laws, we are limited in what we can say on public platforms. Please message us over Facebook or Instagram, we are more than happy to help!