2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

7.2

April Winston Salem, NC

Doesn’t cover everything we have but we did have our hot water heater replaced and the people were helpful.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hello April, we’re glad you had a positive overall experience with us. More importantly, we appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve. If you’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about any issues you had, we’d love to chat with you. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 and we can discuss. We’ll do our best to learn from this experience for next time. You’re important to us because you trust us to protect your home, and we want to do everything we can to continue to earn your trust.

Feb. 9th, 2021

Kyle Atlanta, GA

I definitely recommend this company. When I had to call everything was good. Everyone was precise.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Kyle, it’s great to read that you had such a positive experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Our goal is to make protecting your home simple and economical, and it sounds like we hit the mark! Thanks for your feedback and business.

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Wendy beech Fredericksburg, VA

you don't cover anything and find reasons to deny

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Wendy, we're sorry to hear how you feel. What you described is not the experience we aim to provide as we pay out 97.5% of all claims placed with us. If you feel we did not honor our coverage, please give us a call and we will review your claim with you. We appreciate your patience and we’ll do our best to make sure that you have a more positive experience next time.

May. 12th, 2022

Sarah Little Rock, AR

Horrible service. Went a month without heat.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Sarah, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patience and we’ll do our best to make sure that you have a more positive experience next time. Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for being the best part of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Apr. 26th, 2022

Marge Owen

It took to long to get parts for broken dishwasher

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Marge, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patience and we’ll do our best to make sure that you have a more positive experience next time. Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for being the best part of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Apr. 11th, 2022

Makenna Gates

I am very unhappy with the service I am receiving

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Makenna, we're sorry to see we earned a poor rating from you. We're not sure what lead to this rating but we're happy to learn. If you're interested in discussing the details surrounding this review, or if we can do anything to repair your experience, please send us a private message at facebook.com/210HomeBuyersWarranty and we'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

Apr. 11th, 2022

Robin Soltow Temecula, CA

I have been using and selling this company for years to my clients. They have completely dropped the ball on my plan. I was sold a repair or replace package. My water heater goes out and they will only give $1200 TOTAL as a cash out and will not do the work. It will cost $2500. Keyon the claims manager DID NOTHING. Do not use this company, they are a rip off!! I will remove them from all 4 of my properties and will never sell their policies again.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Robin, we're sorry to hear you feel that way. We are happy to review this and assist in any way we can. If you are interested, please send us a private message with your service address so we can locate your account.

Aug. 25th, 2021

Norm Schain Leland, NC

Run, don't walk from HBW. When you call them you will be on hold for at least 50 minutes each time. If you use your own contractor for repairs, you will have your reimbursement severely reduced. Furthermore, they will find ways to rip you off that are not in the contract documents and nobody you speak with will be able to explain it. Everyone you do speak with will have a different answer and attitude. I will never use them again after this horrible experience and I recommend you don't either.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Norm, we're sorry to hear you feel that way. What you described is not the experience we aim to provide. We would like to learn from this and resolve any outstanding needs you may have. If you're interested, please send us a private message with your service address and we'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

Aug. 25th, 2021

Rick Edgell Richmond, TX

Not very responsive. No concern for their customers.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Rick, we're sorry to hear you feel that way. If there is anything we can assist you with, please give us a call and we'll be happy to help. Thank you for being a part of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Mar. 28th, 2022

Daughn Silar Cincinnati, OH

Hard to get contractors at times in the past.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Daughn, thank you for your your feedback. We appreciate your patience and we’ll do our best to make sure that you have a more positive experience next time. Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for being the best part of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Mar. 14th, 2022

Allison Asmann Honolulu, HI

I would give this company ZERO stars if I could. Buyer beware! Don’t not purchase. Oven broke and paid the $100 service deductible and was told that they could not get the replacement part. Was offered $200 by 2-10 for the replacement part toward a new oven when the original agreement covered repair or replace up to 3,000. They refuse to replace the oven. You can’t get to a supervisor. Customer service says someone will call back within 4 business hours and it never happens. Don’t waste your money on this company. They don’t go by their own contract. They just keep pushing you off til you give up and go away. They now what me to find my own out of network repairman to find the part, which they can’t find. I am so fed up and this has been going on almost a month. Do yourself a favor and run in the opposite direction.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Allison, we're sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. What you've described is not the experience we aim to provide. If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message at facebook .com/210HomeBuyersWarranty and we'll be happy to help in any way we can.

Mar. 7th, 2022

Daniel Walker Chesapeake, VA

This company is a complete scam. I am stuck with this company for the time being because it was included in the purchase of my home. My AC was not keeping up with the heat at the beginning of May and they sent an HVAC contractor to look at it. He showed up on a morning where the temperature had dropped drastically so the air was cold outside. The HVAC contractor simply checked the freon and said it was putting out cold air so it was good. I pointed out that the air outside was cold so obviously the air inside would be cold coming from the vents. He shrugged it off and charged me the service fee before leaving without fixing anything. About two weeks later, the AC died completely. I submitted a new work order and they sent M+Holmes to diagnose the problem 3 days later. M+Holmes came out and diagnosed the problem immediately. However, M+Holmes did not send the diagnosis to 2-10 until 4 days later. The only reason they sent the diagnosis at all is because I called 2-10 to see what was holding the process up and 2-10 said they didn’t have it. 2-10 then failed to make contact with M+Holmes. I had to call M+Holmes to get the diagnosis sent. After this, it took 11 days for the parts needed to be shipped in to M+Holmes. M+Holmes was supposed to contact me to set up an appointment for repairs. They never set up the appointment, even when I called to speak with them. They did answer and tell me they had the part. They also told me this fix would have taken less than 24 hours had I called and not gone through the home warranty company. Throughout this process, I have tried to reach out to 2-10 for help and been dismissed. The wait times have been over an hour to speak to anyone and when I do get through they act like I am inconveniencing them. They were paid to complete a service and they have not provided it. They will point the finger at their contractor, who does appear to be dropping the ball, but that reflects on them as well. This home warranty is a scam and I feel taken advantage of. There is no reason for an AC repair to take over two weeks like this when temperatures are in the 90s. I filed complaints through their customer service and the Better Business Bureau to no avail. They clearly do not care about their customers at all. I should not be surprised considering the slew of negative reviews online for this company. The issue has still not been resolved and the only options they have given me is to start the process over again by calling a new contractor. I have never had this much disdain for a company. They make Cox or Timewarner seem like the most customer service oriented companies out there.

Reza Mousavi McLean, VA

I seriously think dealing with this company reduced my age by at least 1 year. This company was by far the very worst company I have ever dealt with. So, let me tell you what happened: First off, I did my research to buy my home warranty, and it came down to 2-10 because I had two older HVAC units that may have needed replacement soon. 2-10 claimed that they are the only company that would replace the unit if you buy the additional HVAC coverage. That's exactly what I did. Long story short, the first year I had a few AC issues that needed service. Each time they sent 2-3 contractors because they didn't like the quote from the previous contractor. And when they did, they listed a whole lots of things that wouldn't be covered under the policy. I would say this is BS because I had other home warranties previously and never had these issues with them. Ok fine, let's say that's normal in home warranty business. The most infuriating issue was that in the second year, I had to sell my house (relocation) and therefore needed to cancel the policy. During the sales process, the inspection needed some minor fixes ($200) which were all covered. They prolonged the process so long that we had to close before they pay and therefore I paid out of pocket. They didn't reimburse me for the covered cost. So I asked them to return the money I paid for the whole year. I called them so many times and waited on the customer service line for so many hours. I have submitted their online forms quite a few times too, but no luck! So my last resort is to let others know to stay away from this company! I mean seriously, even for this business, these guys are quite something!

Kathryn B. Charlotte, NC

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! HOMEOWNERS BEWARE!! My A/C unit is broken so we started a work order a month ago to get it fixed. Still not fixed. They have sent the same part to our contractor, from what we understand, and it's the wrong part that isn't compatible with our unit, which the contractor told 2-10. I've been calling and I get no where. I have a 3 month old and we have no A/C in 90 degree weather. I've tried to get this escalated and haven't been able to. I called again, on hold for an hour, got hung up on. Called back and said there's a dispute between contractor and 2-10 because 2-10 isn't paying their contractor. They gave a new part to the contractor and it turns out, it's the exact same part that won't work. We called the warehouse they receive it from and they even confirmed it wouldn't work. My husband called them, and got hung up on as well. They claimed they called back and it went to voicemail, but they didn't. Even if they did call back, why wouldn't they leave a voicemail? This company doesn't care about their customers at all.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We are sorry to see you feel this way. If you need assistance do not hesitate to let us know. If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message on our Facebook Page l 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Eric Gregg Portland, OR

We inherited a home warranty with the home we bought in July of 2020. We are moving for my job to another state and we needed to have the HVAC serviced and there were items replaced. The bill came to $632.39 and we submitted the receipts as requested by 2-10. They responded by saying the check would be expedited and that it might take fourteen business days. That date has come and gone and still no check. I believe in doing what you say you are going to do. This company hasn't held up their end of the bargain, they were paid. Now that it's their turn to pay they are MIA, I wouldn't recommend 2-10 Home Warranty to anyone because they don't do what they say they will do. If you read the 1148 complaints about this company you may want to look elsewhere. Eric Gregg Longview WA

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Eric, we are so sorry to read about the issues you're having if you're willing please reach out to us 800-775-4736 so we can discuss this further and see what we can do.

May. 25th, 2021

Lana Jefferson, GA

We have had this company for the past 3 years and have had 2 claims. Our first claim was for a dish washer that the motor burnt up and that claim went well. Second and most recent, our 2 year old microwave quit working, the only option given to us was to have a service company come to our home and repair it. They came within a week to diagnose, then they ordered parts which took an additional 2 weeks. Here is where our issue is, guy arrives alone to fix the microwave, it is a large built in microwave, while he was taking it down by himself he broke the bracket and bent the screws that hold it in place. He says, “I am sorry that I broke the bracket and I will get another one ordered and finish reinstalling the microwave as soon as the parts arrive., the microwave is now working though” I had no problem with this and he leaves this huge microwave on my cabinet. 2 weeks go by and we don’t hear anything so we reach out to find out the status of the repair of the microwave that was broken by the service guy and we are told that the microwave is working and they don’t Warrenty frames, they only Warrenty mechanical parts. What?!? The frame is broken due to you deciding to repair the broken one and now what? Now we we have to file an insurance claim with the service company. I spoke to the service company and they are saying they are not responsible because the “frame was faulty”. So needless to say we will definitely explore other options once our renewal is up. Consumer beware if you let a service company contracted by 210 into your home and they break something it isn’t their fault and you are on your own. I now understand why the rating of this company is a 2.9. Hard lesson learned, now I am out $75 service call and the $ to purchase and install another microwave. Wow. Just wow is all I can say.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We are sorry to read about the issues you're having, can you send us a private message here with your property address so we can provide additional assistance?

May. 19th, 2021

Martina Albano Decatur, GA

I’m an extremely disappointed customer. After 2-10 sent one bad contractor after the other I am left with more damages than before and they have taken no reponsabilty for their negligence. I had an issue with my air conditioning unit (January 2020), which turned out to be a simple blown fuse (simple fix, but took us a year to figure out due to the poor contractors you sent). When I contacted 2-10, they promptly sent out a contractor of their choice. Here is where the damages started. The first contractor they sent did not correctly diagnose the issue, and had me buy a whole new HVAC unit. He also physically assaulted me by grabbing me from my waist when he was behind me. I reported him and they sent out a different contractor. This contractor installed the new unit. He left the instructional paper in the AC unit which resulted in burned paper coming out of every vent in the house. He also did not connect the unit to the two available transformer, but only to one. This caused the fuse to blow again. The paper left in the unit caused a blockage in the drain which caused overflow in the drain pan and leakage. they sent another contractor who did not diagnose the issue correctly. He said the emergency hose carrying the water outside was not properly installed. He removed it and installed a 3 story high plastic pipe that fell to the ground two days after due to poor installation. The drainage continued to occur and damaged the gas meter situated right under the HVAC emergency drain. I reported this issue but 2-10 was unable to contact this contractor to have him repair the damage. they also told me that I had to take it up with their insurance but only provided me with the information to their insurance 6months after I reported the issue. This resulted in the contractor’s insurance not covering the damage due to too much time passed. Literally EVERY single contractor 2-10 sent caused more damages than before. they took absolutely no responsibility for sending unprofessional contractors or for the damage they have caused to my property. I was left with several bills to pay that could have been avoided if any of the contractors they chose were qualified. this is unbelievably wrong. they provided no assistance when their contractors caused so much damage.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Martina, we’re so sorry about the experience you had. Though we hate to hear that you had such a negative experience, we’re glad you told us about it. Please send me your complete property address so that I can forward this to our escalations team. We want to earn your trust back. Thank you for your feedback.

John Williams Columbus, GA

They were on the ball to get someone out to diagnose the problem with our range. Waited over a month to be told part for range is no longer available. Another month to be told range is no longer available. Selected a different range which was suppose to be installed within 3 weeks. Received a call range was in and would be installed the following day, yesterday, between 1-5 pm. They never showed up or bothered to call. I called them at 5:30 now being told the range is on back order. They keep making a cash offer. ?????

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thanks for the alert, John. We’re upset that your service request is still unresolved, too, because it’s not fair to you. We will do our best to resolve this problem. Additionally, if you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We want to get this right. We hope you’ll give us another chance at resolving your issue.

Feb. 13th, 2021

Nikki Mableton, GA

2-10 Home Warranty is not vetting their contractors. They sent a contractor out who diagnosed the issue with my washer incorrectly. I received a call from the contractor at 10:30 pm the night before indicating that he did not have the correct tool to assemble my washer. He already came to my house on 3 occasions. I contacted 2-10 and they sent someone else out. The new contractor fixed my washer in less than 10 mins. However, the incompetent contractor failed to put clamps back on my hoses which resulted in water leaking and damaging ceiling. 2-10 is not taking any responsibility for the damages. Mind you, the contractor diagnosed my washer with the belt being broken and then told me I needed a new transmission and belt. Neither diagnosis was correct. 2nd Contractor stated that my washing machine doesn’t even have a belt. 2-10 Home Warranty is not vetting their contractors. Buyer beware.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hello Nikki, we’re sorry and disappointed about the poor experience you had with the independent service contractor we dispatched. We’ve looped our contractor relations team in about this issue. If you’d like, they can contact you shortly. Additionally, if you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We want to get this right. We hope you’ll give us another shot at resolving your issue and keeping you as a customer.

Feb. 13th, 2021

Jesse Peel Sterling, VA

My experience with 2-10 was pretty on-par with others here. Waited weeks for a response for a water heater issue that I was having in December, and I eventually cancelled the request and had a private contractor resolve it. Calling customer support for an update was an exercise in patience as it was at least a 30 minute wait time with each call. When a technician was finally dispatched weeks later, he completely misdiagnosed the issue (according to the HVAC tech I hired,) which likely would have led to another dispatch and $100 service fee, and likely more after that. (Which is part of the overall 2-10 grift, I imagine.) The case then sat "awaiting diagnosis" for another week, until I called customer support again (45 minute wait this time,) where it was suddenly updated, and I was told that someone would reach out to me shortly to schedule the actual repair. Another week and a half passed, and I finally gave up and took care of it myself. (Because, you know, having heat in the winter is kind of a necessity.) Like many home warranty companies, it's a scam due to the mechanics behind it. Affiliated service contractors really have no incentive to move on these requests as they don't make any profit off of it, and it just serves to keep their scheduled filled. (Literally any other job they have scheduled pays more than what they see from these companies.) I've also learned to be wary of the caliber of technicians these plans come bundled with. I have a hybrid water/heat system in my condo; a little less common, but a standard setup that a qualified/experienced HVAC tech should be able to ID and work on. The service technician 2-10 dispatched was visibly confused and started asking me all these questions regarding specifics of the system. ("Hey man, that's why you're here; if I knew what all this was, I wouldn't be calling you," was my eventual response.) He then just kind of picked a valve he thought was the issue, (it wasn't,) charged my credit card $100 and I never heard from him again. My advice to anyone considering this company or a similar firm is to just avoid it outright. Like any insurance company, they're really good at not paying out when you need it, happily billing your credit card every month regardless of the fact that they bring absolutely nothing of value to the table. I would recommend finding a technician or service firm that you trust and that has a proven track record, and sticking with them. I've since cancelled my plan with 2-10 as I can think of dozens of things I would rather waste $70 a month on.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hello Jesse Peel, we’re sorry and embarrassed that you didn’t receive the assistance you expected. If you’d like, our escalation team can contact you at your convenience. If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We understand you’re upset, and we want to try to fix it. You’ve trusted us to protect your home, and we want to earn that trust back.

Jan. 13th, 2021

Denise Gangraw Melbourne, FL

This company is horrible! Our dishwasher is still not fixed after 4 months even though they have replaced almost every part on it and they refuse to replace the actual dishwasher saying that maybe if another part is replaced it will work. You can wait hours on the phone only to be told they can't help you and then transfer you to someone who doesn't answer the phone! Our security system has not been repaired either because they do not have anyone to fix it. They said we need to find our own repair company for them. Customer service is terrible and they skirt around the real issues. Don't waste your time or money on this company!!!

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hello Denise Gangraw, we’re sorry and embarrassed that you didn’t receive the assistance you expected. If you’d like, someone from our escalation team can contact you at your convenience. If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We understand you’re upset, and we want to try to fix it. You’ve trusted us to protect your home, and we want to earn that trust back.

Jan. 12th, 2021

cynthia New Bern, NC

Customer service is not real, they are just there to keep you on hold and transfer you. They do nothing else. My garage door spring broken, I contacted 2-10 and a contractor was sent and he said he had to order the spring, would be about 2 weeks. It's now 7 weeks later and I cannot open my garage door and cannot get any help from 2-10. Apparently the spring is hard to get, is on back order, is too old to find and they will not give me any time frame at all. I just wanted to know how long will this be allowed to continue? 6 months? a year? The only answer I got was "maybe". And if I am not satisfied with that, they will refund my $100 service fee and give me the money for the spring. If they can't find the spring, how can I? It still does not repair my garage door. If a part cannot be found, then the entire thing should be replaced, that's why we pay this company. I cannot open my garage door at all, can't get anything in or out. But according to their customer service, they basically don't care.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Cynthia, we’re really sorry about how long it is taking us to address your service request. We hate letting our clients down. Someone from our escalation team can contact you to discuss next steps if you’d like. If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message on Facebook 210 Home Buyers Warranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. Our goal is to make the service request experience easy for you. We hope you’ll give us that chance again.

Jan. 8th, 2021

Pearl Li ,

The management of this company is completely unethical!! They will clearly deny your claim when it is covered under the agreement. I had a pipe leak on Sat. that was an emergency. Since I couldn't reach their customer service on a Saturday night, and their assigned contractor does not work on weekends, I had to call another contractor due to the fact that within 4-5 hours my drywall expanded rapidly with leaks and my electrical system had to be shut down as well. Regardless of whether I filed for this claim or not, they denied my full claim and only reimbursed me for $100 for this, when the total cost is$400+. They claim that I did not follow the process, when their process is designed to NOT work when their in network contractor does not work on weekends and their customer service also will not take calls on Saturday night. I ended up holding the bag every time. The only reason I am with this warranty is because this warranty was assigned to us by the seller!! Every step has been so painful in dealing with this unethical company that designs process for customers to fail and finds a reason to punish you for not following their impossible process for coverage. Also, when they do take calls, it usually will put you on hold for an hour before you can reach anyone's live. They want to maximize ways to deter people to ever be in touch with them. Even the customer service person was sympathic towards my situation , yet that is the management's direct orders. It shows that this company is rotten from the top! Please stay away!! It is horrible. I can not believe they are allowed to even stay in business!!!

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Pearl Li, we’re so sorry about the experience you had. Though we hate to hear that you had such a negative experience, we’re glad you told us about it. If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We want to earn your trust back. Thank you for your feedback.

Dec. 21st, 2020

James Couch ,

If you want a bare bones warranty at a premium price, this is the company for you. There is a $100 deductible in addition to the annual fee. We called them on our HVAC system twice and I had no complaints. However, when we had to have a hot water heater replaced it was a totally different story. First of all, they wanted to charge us $465 for a water shut off valve, drip pan, gas shut off valve and a pressure relief line. This was out of our pocket. Then they wanted us to foot the bill for moving a refrigeration line to get access to remove the old hot water heater. I'm not even sure what that would cost because at this point it was much cheaper to just replace the hot water heater myself than to get them to do it. And this in spite of having the supreme coverage option!!! I'm very disappointed in 2-10 home warranty.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We’re disappointed to learn that you’re unhappy with our coverage. If you’re willing to talk about other options, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210hbw or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We want to provide you with the right coverage for your needs. We hope you’ll give us a chance to do that.

Dec. 21st, 2020

Victoria Kingwood, TX

Most awful home warranty company ever! I should have stayed with AHS. Heaven forbid that you have to call in to inquire about an open service request. I have literally been on hold for over an hour and a half just to speak to a representative. Our service company has been waiting on a part for our dishwasher that 2/10 is suppose to be sending them. The service company doesn’t even want to call in to 2/10 because they know they will be on hold forever. Who runs a successful company this way? I’m sure if I called into sales for a new service agreement they’d be more than helpful. They want your money but will not help you. What a waste.

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Victoria, thanks for your review. We’re really sorry about the long hold time you dealt with on our phone system. We hate waiting on hold, too, and we really hate making you wait. If you’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had, we’d love to chat with you. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 and we can discuss. Thanks for trusting us to protect your home. We’ll do our best to make it more convenient for you next time.

Jane De Baets San Tan Valley, AZ

The co that built my home purchase this warranty I was supposed to have a 10 Year structure home warranty in the 2nd year of my warranty I made a claim the wall in my master bedroom has a 12by 2 inch crack above the header that goes to my bathroom on the other side it has a crack as well. The foundation for my home has a crack that goes from my back door all the way to the front of my Garage and one side of my house is now lower then the other not to mention the stucco is falling off my home. 2-10 sent an engineer or inspector to look at my home in his report it says that the issue has to be life threatening for them to fix anything on my home but that is not what they say in their contract or when they want to seek you a warranty it’s a totally different story I have had HUD inspect my home and I have sent 2-10 a copy of that report my home needs to be fixed it is going to cost over 120, 000. To fix it They have never tried to help me with this issue although they said they would leave my claim open for further issues how much worse does it need to be for them to fix my home this is how this co handles it claims ho by the way They wanted me to pay 300.00 to make this claim in the first place until I contacted my State Insurance commissioner we as a people need to stop paying for warranty’s that do not honor their contact’s and we need to have this stuff regulated so they can’t rip people off These co are not in the business of helping homeowners they are in the business of ripping us off and telling us the things we want to hear when we first buy this stuff, 2-10 warranty is a really terrible co to have so don’t waste your money I will update you if they change their minds but I really don’t see that happening

Reply from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hello Jane, we’re disappointed to learn that you’re unhappy with our coverage. If you’re willing to talk about other options, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook 210homebuyerswarranty or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it. We want to provide you with the right coverage for your needs. We hope you’ll give us a chance to do that.

Roland Diaz St Louis, MO

A few weeks ago summer temperatures reached mid 90s and our AC stopped cooling. We placed a service request on 6/6/20 on the 2-10 online site. Internal temperatures reached 90 degrees in the house and we work from home due to Covid. The contractor assigned (LK Mechanical) had been previously assigned when the same failure occurred the previous summer. The contractor had never reached out nor could be reached the previous time, and the same occurred again. After being unable to reach the contractor to schedule an appointment (90 deg still in the house), the warranty company said they could/would not assign the request to another contractor until the full allotted time had expired that the contractor could respond in since the request came at the beginning of a weekend. Meanwhile we're still baking. The warranty staff said that I could alternatively find someone myself to come out and fix the problem as long as I got the work authorized first. After contacting a local company, a technician came out on 6/11/20 to diagnose the problem. The technician proceeded to give me a broken down quote for both a required charge (refrigerant was low) and a coil cleaning. 2-10 claimed they would not cover the cleaning as that is considered maintenance ($124) but would cover the recharging the unit ($279 for 1.5 lbs of R22 plus labor and service call fee). I cleared the $279 pricing with 2-10 on the phone while the AC person was at my house. They notified me that the cost would indeed be covered minus a $100 service fee (I understand this is policy but it's appalling that the company requires you to pay the $100 service fee when they fail to get or arrange a contractor and your forced to make the arrangements yourself). I was frustrated that after paying $750 days earlier to renew the warranty, on a $400 work total, 2-10 was only going to pay $179 after we've been cooking in our house to attempt to save some money by using their service. I accepted the result gave the ok to do the work and submitted the invoice. Yesterday 6/25/20, I received a check from 2-10 for $37... I spent 2 hours on the phone with their claims department and was not helped in anyway by Tamika a supervisor after discussion with the floor operator went nowhere. Tamika explained a few things: 1) Although the work to charge the unit was authorized (and price was given over the phone to do so before work was done), the company would only pay $137 for a refrigerant charge, minus $100 so I was eligible for $37 because I used an out of network contractor 2) The company will not assign a different contractor even at the homeowners request until the full time has expired by which the contractor has to respond. This is inflexible and doesn't matter if the house is 90+ degrees and your working from home with children and have had previous bad experiences with the assigned contractor. 3) Even though it had been 4 days of 90+ degrees in the house and their contractor had not responded and they would not assign a new one (at which time the clock starts over), I was not "forced" to find my own contractor and therefor there's nothing that the company was willing cover past $37 on a $400 fix days after I payed $750 for "Supreme Coverage". At this point I just feel scammed.

C BROUGHTON Bowling Green, KY

We purchased a new home and the seller bought the Supreme Coverage Policy at a cost of $599.00. On March 20, 2020, I contacted 2-10 Home Warranty Company concerning our heat pump and asked them to send a contactor. They were not able to get a contractor (2-10 contacted 3 different CONTRACTORS that would not come)so 2-10 asked me & sent email to me stating they wanted me to locate a contractor who would come out. I found a contactor through BBB in our local area and they came out within 2 hours. This company then turned in the required information on our equipment along with price in which to replace the HVAC. We found that the compressor had locked up and there had been other electrical parts that had caught on fire too. Due to these problems and the age of the unit and the difficulty of getting R-22 refrigerant, we were told the unit need to be completely replaced. Those parts that caught fire and locked have been set off by other equipment that was giving problems thus patching equipment would be completely irrational given the cost of the problem to begin with. We were advised by this contactor that a new system would need to be installed and they highly advised this to us and 2-10. All info requested was given to 2-10 to get the heat pump replaced. This information was passed from dept to dept,(they were having ME CALL CONTRACTOR TO ASK questions about cost and could 2-10 supply equipment, etc) still NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO REPLACE.I have not even been given the courtesy as to as much as a phone call since I lasted spoke to supervisor(KENDALL R-WHO PROMISED ME/purchasing)who was looking into the problem and said he would do what it took to pass this along to get things done. He told me he would call the next day and he gave me his direct number as well. He has never called me or returned any of the numerous calls that I made to him. This company is unorganized and unwilling to work with me due to the high cost of this replacement. We did without heat for several weeks. 80 DAYS SINCE FIRST CALL TO 2-10

M Critchell Cincinnati, OH

If I could give 0 stars already, I would. And it’s been 2 months. My first call, the service men told me themselves they were putting in for a replacement, but of course 2-10 calls a few days later stating that my furnace has a cracked heat exchanger that was “deemed” as having happened before the warranty went in effect so it was on me to fix. I have my inspection to prove otherwise, however upon trying to dispute this, I’ve not only been told that there’s “no guarantees of it being overturned” (with a grim, ‘don’t hold your breath’ tone), but I’ve also been given the run around of 2 incorrect email addresses on where to send my inspection report, causing me to have to call back now a 3rd time to ask again. Either Jeffrey M needs to clean out their emails so they don’t bounce back or their staff needs to stop botching it, as it starts looking suspicious. Waste of time and money.

Ethan Jones Monroe, NC

If it were possible to give 0 stars I would do that. I dread interacting with this company. It is the worst customer service I have experienced from any service. Absolutely terrible. Ive been spoken to rudely numerous occasions, have been hung up on, etc. As I write this I have been on hold for an hour and was just disconnected. No I'm calling back and have been on hold for another 30 minutes. This is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Take your business elsewhere. When my fridge broke it took 3 months to get a replacement. After calling them numerous times I learned that it had taken so long because they were trying to buy a used part from an eBay account that had been suspended! Eventually I had to settle for a cash payout and they offered me 1000 dollars for a 4000 dollar fridge. Every time I interact with them I wind up livid. The Worst.

Heather Stroupe Murfreesboro, TN

2-10 Home Buyers does not honor their 'Even If' Service Fee Guarantee, and the loophole they used is that because I did not CALL to initiate service, and used their highly touted online system ("if you need service in your home, please go to our website....no need to wait on hold - it's easy to do it online" their phone systems boasts), that I agreed to forfeit the service fee I paid to a service technician because their online website gets sent directly to the service contractor, and they have "nothing to do with it." If I had called, the Claims Management representative noted, then they would have asked enough questions to assess that my HVAC issue was related to a zoned system issue, which is not covered in the warranty and then they wouldn't have sent anyone. The Claims Representatives quoted multiple times the part of their contract that I agreed to forfeit the service fee if the item is deemed not to be covered by the warranty. I asked the Rep why we were acknowledging only part of their contract agreement and read the guarantee to her: 'Even If' Service Fee Guarantee: If an item isn’t eligible for coverage, and we dispatched a service contractor, reimbursement of the paid service fee may be requested. Also, if the same part that was serviced fails again within the duration of the Service Agreement, you will not be charged a new service fee. Supreme is included I purchased an over $500 plan for supreme coverage with this home warranty. When I initiated the service via their online system that they "have nothing to do with," I didn't know that my HVAC system was messing up as a result of the zone system; I did not even acknowledge that to be the problem because I know nothing about HVAC systems. I asked the claims rep if anywhere in their contract it notes that that I lose the part of the warranty that honors the "Even If" Service Fee agreement if I don't call instead of using the online system. She noted that it did not. I explained to her that this was a sham - the home warranty company encourages people to use the website to submit claims, but will shirk responsibility for the part of the contract that notes that benefits the customer. Moreover, the Claim Rep. told me she had not received information from the service technician and would need to call them. I let her know that they had closed out the ticket and the service technician had already informed me that the warranty company noted the service was not covered. I was put on hold for her to call the company. Ultimately, none of that mattered. Additionally, I spent 1 hour and 1 minute trying to complete this call -- and this was the 4th time I had called, having to hang up after 30 minutes of being on hold the first few times. Their contact information does not include an email address, only phone numbers. I also asked to speak to someone else to get a second opinion. The representative put me on hold explaining she was trying to get a supervisor. She came back twice to let me know she apologized for the wait. Ultimately, she came back to me to state the supervisor concurred with her assessment. I asked if the supervisor in fact was not going to speak to me after I asked - and she ignored the question, and restated again, her response. On the one and only other call I made, the technician that showed up noted that he did not receive additional contact information, even though I entered it on the 2-10 website, which resulted in the service guy being unable to reach me when he arrived. This caused our service to be delayed. It would seem there is a huge disconnect between the service contractors and 2-10.

DR Charlotte, NC

2-10 home warranty company practices deceptive, fraudulent and thievery against their customers. I relied on their brochures and explanations of benefits when I purchased a home warranty to make sure my concerns were covered. I followed all of their instructions when submitting a claim for a non-working oven thermostat. Before their repairman came out, I confirmed with him that oven thermostats were covered under the warranty. When he came out (and he never turned my oven on to diagnose the problem), I paid him $100 and confirmed that the payment also covered the return trip to install the thermostat. One month later, after I ask what the status is on the claim, the company informs me that I have an oven that is classified as a commercial oven in my residence and commercial ovens are not covered under the policy. My house is not a commercial place, and five star/viking/etc appliances that are made for residential use are very popular. This company is simply using unfair trade practices to avoid their claims responsibility, and now that they have my money the are trying to weasel out of their obligation. Please do not do business with 2-10 home warranty.

cynthia chapman Charleston, SC

HORRIBLE! STAY AWAY! I WOULDN'T EVEN GIVE 1 STAR! IF they can't fix it, which they usually can't, then they will find a way to void the warranty with lies and then refuse to have a second opinion from other companies. They send companies out that are run by people who live 45-50 miles away, and others who have to read the computers. We also had an HVAC man tell us that we needed a $1000 zone board which was NOT covered by 2-10 (just pay me the money). I called my own company which found that there was only a switch issue. Even, on that day did my dog want to bite that man. I have spent I know, at least 8 hours on the phone during this yearly contract because 2-10 has no continuity of care, just pass the buck to another person. My current 2 issues...My ice maker did not work and out came a guy. He ordered a part and returned and installed it. It did not work so he wrote without us knowing it that we had put the ice tray in backwards,thus trying to void the warranty. 210 then said that I had someone else work on the refrigerator. I explained that it was the same guy. I was advised to get my own person out to the house. MY garage doors on a $600k house they say were installed wrong (4 years ago with no previous issues). I called a week ago and just had a phone call of over an hour. And on and on it goes......

Nate Bowling Green, OH

Since purchasing our home two years ago we've had a few claims. First, our furnace went out. The process was relatively smooth and within a few days he repair man showed up and it was fixed. The second claim was the following summer when the A/C unit went out. 2-10 didn't have a service pro in the area so we had to call our own. While they did end up replacing the process took several weeks. The price quoted by the contractor we called was higher than 2-10 wanted to pay. I can understand that, but it's not our fault they don't have a contractor in the area. The big issue was the numerous calls that it took and conflicting information we received the entire time. I called almost every day to get updates and one person would tell me they were waiting on the Purchasing department, the next day they had to reach out to the contractor and would be calling them. I talk with the contractor, no calls. Then finally once 2-10 has everything they need they promise me a call back. Never happens. They absolutely NEVER call back or call when they say they will. If they give you a deadline or a 3-5 days, or anything of the sort YOU HAVE to keep calling them. They finally issued me a check for the quote given by the contractor and told me that I was on the hook if it was more. Thankfully, the contractor quote was exactly the final amount with no overages. Finally, the third issue, and most frustrating, we've had is with our refrigerator/freezer. The issue was first reported in June of 2019. The ice maker quit working and there was excessive ice buildup in the freezer. I write this review as of February 17, 2020. The issues are still not fixed. A contractor came out in June and replaced the ice maker several times, sealed the line and added Freon. Nothing worked. Apparently it was reported as fixed. It never was. I reported it again November of 2019 (and had to pay another $100 deductible even though it was not actually fixed the first time). I call once or twice a week going back months. All I get is the run around. They are waiting on the contractor. They are waiting on the purchasing department. They sent an email to the contractor. Contractor never gets it. They are waiting on a part. The part arrives to the contractor but it's no good to have an ice maker if the freezer doesn't work. I can't even remember all the issues/excuses, but the one thing that is clear, again, through this process is that 2-10 absolutely NEVER calls back with updates when they say they will. It's always the contractors fault or the company they are purchasing parts from or someone else. I cannot recommend 2-10 for a home warranty. The people in customer service are friendly, no complaints on that end, but there is a flaw in their system somewhere. Follow-up, dated 2-28-2020; Contractor was scheduled to come back out to provide further information for 2-10 to take pictures and provide a more detailed report on the problem so they could determine whether to repair or replace. SHOCKINGLY, the contractor didn't show up. This is at least the 3rd time. I'm at a complete loss other than to tell people to RUN FAR AND FAST AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I am not an unreasonable person. I just ask that people keep their word and do what they say they are going to do. This concept is lost on 2-10 Home Warranty. As a further aside if you happen to be a poor soul who has this company for your home warranty, and you have an issue, when they tell you they will send it to the "Escalation Department" that doesn't mean a darn thing. They still won't call you. They won't do anything (other than take your annual fee and make promises, of course).

Kb4926 Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been with this company since we purchased our house at first it was great. BUT the last 3 years they never seem to have a contractor in my area. I live in a large metropolitan area and can find 50 to 100 plumbers to service our area but they don’t want to work with this company. SO I am always having to take time out of my work day to call around and fine the best price. This was one of the perks I liked. 1. I pay them monthly so I can avoid the big out of pocket expenses. But when you have to find your own contractor you have to pay than be reimbursed 2. I pay so I don’t have to waste my time finding a good reliable contractor This company just doesn’t do what they are selling anymore

James Charleston Colonial Heights, VA

My wife and I were sold a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty with the sale of our house 6 months ago. 6 Months is key here. Two weeks ago the ceiling of our dinning room, under one of the upstairs bathrooms fell in. After cleaning the mess up and looking at it, there was a crack in the t joint in the drain pipe coming from the tub. 2-10 took 5 days to get someone to our house, the plumber took the $189, took photos and left. 2-10 tried to tell us our work was completed on Friday when it wasn't even approved yet. They then tried to give us a new contractor, and then they switched me back to original contractor. The plumber speculated that the crack came from the installation of the tub and new plumbing, so 2-10 denied it was bad installation and not only would they not fix the plumbing which the plumber wants $220, they will not fix the ceiling. Since when would a drywall ceiling last 6 months with water leaking from a bathtub drain pipe used every day!!!!! So I fault 2-10 for looking for a way out, even if it is crazy speculation from the plumber. I also blame the young plumber on now knowing how to do a write-up and how ignorant and incomplete speculation can affect things. They were happy to keep the $189 fee for doing nothing but taking pictures.

Vicky Taylors, SC

I had a HVAC to go out after my warranty went into effect. They sent someone out to inspect the unit.I received a message stating that they wasn't going to fix it because it wasn't working before the warranty. My home inspector inspected the unit and it was working fine. When I went to view my home before purchasing it it was working fine. I left a review on the 2-10 Facebook page and someone reached out to me stating that they wanted to help me because they don't do business in this manner. I was assigned a Rep to follow up. I sent the neccessary information needed and I never heard back from the Rep. I reached out again with someone from the company and was told that they would escalate the situation. A week has passed and I still haven't heard back from them. I just tried going back to leave another message and I am blocked from sending messages. I guess I need to file a complaint.

marlan crawford Dacula, GA

I have filed multiple claims with this company from my oven smoking claims denied, every excuse they can think they will use. Days and weeks of no shows, unprofessional staff and techs. The bigger claim I have now is a HUGE 10 foot long half inch crack going completely across my living floor! Where one side of the foundation is sliding downward and is completely separating from the other side. Claim denied!! One year later now water is coming up from this crack and now the window is uneven. This is my last attempt to file this claim with them which the process has been started. First sign of excuses I am jumping in with the rest of the neighborhood and getting this class action suit started. I truly believe this company is a scam, maybe this is some kind of pyramid scheme. Someone truly needs to step in to close them down. You buy a new house and your decision is definitely made knowing that you have a warranty on this huge purchase. Then the first few years is spent being stressed out by these guys. American dream is flushed right down the faulty toilet that wont be covered.

Robert Woodland Hills, CA

I purchased a condo in New Jersey in August and the seller purchased the homeowner's warranty provided by 2-10. My elderly sister lives in the condo. She had a heating contractor out to do routine checkup on the heater when the weather got cold. He told her the heat exchanger cells were leaking carbon monoxide and she could not use the heater. She called 2-10 and they sent a contractor out, who confirmed the diagnosis and that the heater needed to be replace. However, he told her due to the approval process, it would likely be 2 weeks before the heater would be replaced. She called me crying that she would be without heat for two weeks. I called customer service and spoke to Sarah (no last name). She confirmed it could take two weeks to replace the heater. I told her it would be very difficult for my 71 year old sister to be without heat in the winter in New Jersey. She flippantly responded, "We don't provide speedy service, we just save you money". Needless to say, I was flabbergasted at this uncaring, cavalier attitude. I will be calling 2-10 several times a day, every day to see if this can be expedited but if everyone at 2-10 has the same attitude as "Sarah", I'm not optimistic. In the meantime, my sister will be sitting in her cold condo huddled around a space heater trying to stay warm. I contacted 2-10 the following day to see if there was an update. After speaking with two customer service reps who gave me conflicting information, I then spoke to Diane who seemed more knowledgeable about my claim. She had received the recommendation from the service contractor who had inspected the heater. The recommendation was that the heater needed to be replaced, which I initially found encouraging. However, Diane put me on hold as she wanted to contact the contractor directly. When she came back, she advised that the claim was going to be denied as the heat exchanger cells had cracked before the service warranty was purchased on July 24. I asked how they could prove the cells were cracked before the coverage began since they didn't inspect the heater prior to July 24. Her response was that the heater needed to be in good working order before coverage began and if I wanted to contest the denial, I would have to get a "second opinion" from another contractor (at my expense) and if it differed from their contractor, they would have a third contractor inspect it to be the "tie breaker". Considering that it was November 26, two days before Thanksgiving, and there was no way of knowing how long this process was going to take, I had no choice but to replace the heater. I asked Diane if they would provide a written explanation for denial of the claim but she said they don't normally do that. After I entered into a contract to have the heater replaced so my sister would have a warm home as the weather turned colder, I received a call the next day from Yvette C from the Corporate Headquarters at 2-10. She told me that she had decided that they would honor the claim after all and that she would try to have a service contractor out as soon as possible. I explained that since I was told there was no coverage, I had no choice but to hire my own contractor to expedite getting heat in the condo. She said she understood and if I would send her a copy of the invoice, she would see how much she could reimburse me. I sent her the invoice, which was in the amount of $5,300. She has now offered to reimburse me $1,513, which is what the cost their service contractor would charge. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated. They left me with no choice after Diane told me there was no coverage and I could not wait to replace the heater as extremely cold weather was heading for New Jersey. But since their motto seems to be "We don't provide speedy service, we just save you money", I'm not surprised with this result. Ultimately, Yvette offered an additional $300 as a "goodwill gesture". When I asked her to give me the name and email address of the president of the company, she said the president doesn't speak with homeowners. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado. I don't know if it will make any difference as it seems by all the other negative reviews on this (and other) sites, this company just doesn't care.

Mrs. Waters Memphis, TN

I have been a customer with 2-10 for over 13 years and this is the second bad experience with them. I placed service request on October 6, 2019 due to my double oven stopped working. The contractor came out 3days later & he stated all parts for my oven are discontinued and I would need to get a new oven. 2-10 searched and sent a part to the contractor & the contractor came out to my home again and it was not the right part. He stated again the parts are discontinued & he would let 2-10 know & they need to order me a new oven. I’ve received multiple phone calls with various stories from 2-10 & today they gave me a choice to have the contractor come back to my home remove the oven to get the computer board to send off for repair & this will take 2-4 weeks or they will give me $650 towards a new oven, grant it I have the “supreme coverage” but they’re not honoring it because they found the parts for repair. Customer Experience rep Janelle had the audacity to have an attitude with me when I told her this was unreal and unfair to me I have been without an oven for 7 weeks and this is the kind of treatment I get. I asked for a supervisor she stated she was as high as I can get I told her everybody reports to someone then she said her supervisor was out on vacation, I asked for the stand in supervisor she said she didn’t know who that would be. At this point she was blocking me from talking with her supervisor I just hung up on her. I called back I talked with the customer service department and was told no supervisor was available, I hung up again called back talked with the purchasing department they couldn’t help. I’m pissed to the hilt!!! When my contract ends in March 2020 I’m canceling my contract!!! I pay $100 a month for 13 1/2 years & this is how I’m treated. I have paid for a new 20 times over. Seriously!

Anthony M Tucson, AZ

My air conditioner crashed after moving into my newly purchased home in August. I live in Tucson, AZ so our summers are pretty hot. It was around 105 degrees when the AC unit blew, I was TDY to Fort Huachuca, and I had a pregnant wife in the house. 2-10 sent their contractor who determined that it was a pre existing issue and quoted us a price for repair twice what is common in our area. They quoted around $9,000 and we wound up paying $4,300 for a brand new unit. I say this because we had to pay. 2-10 HBW dragged out the process with a pregnant woman as long as they could to avoid covering the cost of the air conditioner. I disputed the claim as we had a previous inspection report stating the air conditioner was in fine working order. It took 2-10 HBW two months to review a one paragraph statement from out inspection report. They never contacted us back despite the emails I sent. In fact, they only contacted my wife after I posted several negative reviews. Then they claimed we were not costumers in publicly visible review sites while pretending to examine our claim. It is my impression that they pretended to evaluate our claim because the day after Veterans Day they sent my wife an email stating they read the report, but could not contact the inspector, or the contractor we previously utilized to inspect the AC unit. Essentially, they denied our claim without even investigating its validity. The insult to injury was sending a veteran of four combat tours, pending a disability claim, this information the day after Veterans Day. I would say it was coincidence, but 2-10 HBW contacted me through Facebook so it is likely they knew. I doubt they would admit to doing this on purpose. They tried to scam us into paying twice the market value for a midrange AC unit. They called their contractor to confirm the information they already had and disregarded what we submitted entirely.

sean Wilson Thompson's Station, TN

We have been paying for the 210 home warranty for 5 yrs. Last Tuesday our heat was blowing cold air so I contacted 210 for a service request. Here is what happened. I was told someone would contact me within 24 hours. (never happened) I called back on Wednesday to check on status. (service rep was extremely rude and still could not offer us a appt time with a contractor) Finally got a appt set on Thursday for Friday with contractor (appt time was Friday between 8-12) Contractor never called or showed up on Friday After no one showed up I called the contractor and they said 210 had cancelled the appt. (by this time our house temp had been around 52 degrees for the last 3 days) I called 210, they said they never cancelled the appt and that the contractor was lying to us. At this point I explained that all I wanted was someone to come out and fix our heat, I was told that I would have to wait until Monday before it would be possible for another appt to be set. I explained that I have a family with children and we could not wait till Monday to have the heater issue resolved, 210 could have cared less and said since it wasn't an emergency I would have to wait. Completely unacceptable! I asked to speak with a supervisor and was sent over to another claims representative, long story short, got no where with them as well. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS TYPE OF COMPANY! DON"T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND TIME! BEWARE : Please read other reviews, we are not the only ones who have been disappointed with this pathetic company and there lousy excuses.

Anthony Tucson, AZ

I was TDY with a pregnant wife stewing in a house without AC in Tucson, AZ during the summer. When we purchased the house we had the air conditioner inspected. The report noted it was in good working order. It broke within a few weeks of us moving in. The warranty company sent a contractor to inspect who gave us a report contradicting the previous report and stating the condition was a preexisting issue. The contractor then offered to fix our unit for twice the price we wound up paying out of pocket for to get it fixed. They have not responded to any of my emails requesting a re-evaluation for refund. They called my wife once a month after I sent my last email. Basically, they tried to pressure cook my wife into paying one of their contractors an exorbitant amount of money to fix the air conditioner while I was half a state away for work.

Adam Columbia, SC

A 2-10 representative told me that my repair was not covered because the contractor, Leak Seekers, told them that there was "grease" build up in the pipes and that is not covered under warranty. Leak Seekers claims that they never said that at all, that there was normal food particles that would be normally found in water pipes. I was told by Mr. S (I believe) that phone conversations were recorded. I would like this to be investigated. I have spent $441.52, plus a $100.00 service fee for something that has not been resolved. I was quoted by Leak Seekers that I may have to pay $1,100 to have my issue fixed. It is insulting and deceitful that I have paid so much to have someone misrepresent the truth between 2-10 and the contractor. If the contractor lied, you need to have better contractors represent 2-10.

Aparecido Gomes Jacksonville, FL

First of all, I fell scammed from them over the phone after I spoke with person Justin G and he was very nice, however the beautiful word that he was a referral to it, it wasn't real, and I will tell you why. Schedule service to check my Air conditioner, a guy came, I paid my $100 initially, he didn't do anything because he said that he couldn't because he will need to order a part to replace, ok, I get. I will a few hours and call 2-10 and lady name Vitoria told me that the part that was cracked the order has been in place, but I need to wait around 5 days for the Company (Comfort Zone) contact me to make the schedule arrangements, I said, ok. Earlier today, someone from 2-10 did call me and said that they won't be covering the issue, I told him that I spoke and how I spoke with Justin, spoke with Vitoria, but he didn't care. As a customer, I did Follow all the instructions and that's what I have, lets' see now what they are going to come with about the Cancellation. If you read, please don't try with this Company, checking reviews first before you go with them, this one here isn't a Fake Review, but If I could I won't be given any stars. Hope that helps you to look for some other one. Good Luck

Anderson Lamar Bailey Tucker, GA

Well I will try to keep it simple, by far this is the worst warranty company I've ever had. I have a $3,000 LG fridge that's only three years old, the compressor went out and that lead me to call the warranty company since the house was purchased with it. They sent out a tech the next day and the first thing to come out of his mouth was do you have the $100 dollar deductible . Once I gave him the check he proceeded to look at my fridge , I mean literally he just looked at the thing and said I need a new fridge. So the company decided to send another tech a week later who at least took a look at the compressor and stated yea the compressor is bad. He then stated it would take another two weeks before the part would arrive once it was ordered. Please keep in mind that were going into week three without a fridge and still were having to call the warranty company 2-10 and the contractors they contracted the job out to and we were constantly getting two separate stories about this part, so it went from one part to now three that needed to be ordered. After going into week four my wife and I were totally over it and decided to just go buy a new one and be done. We ended up reaching out to LG and they said the fridge was still covered under warranty and they would send out a tech. to repair it. Not only were they on time but the guy actually fix the fridge . 2- 10 gave me an appointment between 1 and 5 so my whole day was shot as the tech arrived almost two hours late . If I could give this company a rating it would be ZERO !! And I warn all potential customers to read this it will save you time and money . This company honestly should not be allowed to practice in the U.S at all. Horrible , Horrible Horrible. and so was the Sub contractors from Fix my appliances. Honestly one star is being Nice, I was trying to give them zero stars.

Jessica Warrick Dayton, OH

Absolutely absurd process to get anything accomplished. We originally put the claim in for our AC unit on June 3rd. It wasn't fixed until SEPTEMBER 3rd! They set us up with Dawson AC initially who didn't return our phone calls and basically took our $100 deductible and walked away. After MANY phone calls, 5-6 different staff persons, hoops to jump through and waiting periods we were finally assigned a new service technician, Americool. This technician was at least reliable - however after inspecting the unit and putting in the order, 2-10 ordered the wrong replacement part and set us back another 3 weeks waiting for the correct part to be delivered. When I called 2 weeks after the order for the new part being put in, someone in purchasing apologized to me, stating that they never even ordered the new part and that the order had just been sitting there with no attention for 2 weeks. Throughout the whole process nothing was mentioned to me about temporary cooling options or refunds until LATE AUGUST when, during probably my 10th phone call to check on the progress of the claim, I asked to speak to a manager who explained to me that the only kind of service recovery they are able to do is refund you if you buy your own temporary cooling system (like a fan or a window unit) - which we had already purchased but didn't keep the receipt because we were unaware of this policy. So we purchased another window unit since they estimated it was going to take another 3 weeks to get the part in and emailed the receipt for that unit to the manager I spoke to, Jonathan Rael, who confirmed that he had sent the receipt to accounting for the refund to be processed. The part came in, the service tech installed it and we are up and running. However, 2 weeks after speaking to the manager, I had not received the refund check he promised me for the temporary cooling unit. I called again and spoke to another staff at 2-10 in purchasing who said Jonathan hadn't submitted the receipt until September 6th which means we potentially won't get the refund for that window until potentially Friday, September 20. Our AC was not usable for LITERALLY 3 months, THE ENTIRE SUMMER IN OHIO, and if it hadn't been for my incessant phone calls and pestering, I fully believe it would have been longer. I got many different answers from many different staff persons when I asked about processes and waiting time windows and it was never the same response twice. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY TO WORK ON YOUR BEHALF - IF YOU WANT THEM TO GET ANYTHING ACCOMPLISHED, ASK FOR TIME WINDOWS AND FOLLOW UP ON THEM YOURSELF. COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED AND UNRELIABLE SERVICE FROM 2-10. WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO FRIENDS/FAMILY.

Patricia Skousen Dacula, GA

Absolutely the worst company ever. CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT. MINUS ZERO STARS. This company has no customer service (if you can outwait the hold times of an hour it more to even get to speak to a person). You WILL be transferred at least twice—with additional wait times. You will be disappointed to learn that you have faithfully paid for this peace of mind and will instead find out you have been ripped off. I paid extra for septic service coverage, had a problem that involved a service call, and was upset to learn that they will pay $250 of my $2,000 repair AND will deduct the $75 fee from that!!! I won’t bore you with the details, but like air conditioning, I could not wait for septic repair and the message on their phone said they were closed for the day due to unforeseen circumstances, advised me to go ahead and contract for service and then submit the bill to Claims Management, so I called a well-known, reputable company who came out, expertly fixed the problem, and presented me with a $2,000 bill, properly itemized. After speaking to Claims Management, I learned that the most they would have paid was $500!!! Really?!? But I am getting $250 minus $75. Why has no one initiated a class action suit against these charlatans?

Joanna Magee

Our HVAC is out in early August with a toddler in the house. This has been admittedly a stressful time. 2-10 home warranty has only added to the stress. Starting from the first phone call-repeatedly cutting out, asking for a call back and not receiving one. I finally got through to someone clear and was advised would hear back within four hours with a contractor. 21 hours go by with no contact. I call in and someone tells me this was misinformation there is no four hour window and they are unable to give me a timeframe on establishing a contractor at this point. No time frame at all from a few hours to weeks. I asked to speak with someone in dispatch or a supervisor and told this wasn’t possible and there was no way to know how long my claim would take to process. This is a useless home warranty system that makes it so difficult to access to services that you end up just going out on your own to pay for the repairs rather than await their incredibly slow and opaque service process. Seems more of a scheme to take your money and then make it so difficult to access the help you never actually use your home warranty. Win win for the company huh. Stay away!!

Denise Louisville, KY

Terrible! Biggest waste of money. HVAC system needed to be replaced. Because I went out of network (no ever had ever heard of the in network company) they offered me $1869.28 for the entire system including installation. Took over a month to get reimbursed and then only after I was put on hold twice, the first time for 1 hour. And the second time for 1 hour 14 minutes. Their agent basically lied that she had spoken to the company that did the work and that’s what they based their offer on. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They are a ripoff. BTW does anyone know where you can buy a HVAC system and have it installed for $1869.28? If