Best Company Guarantee Frontpoint Logo

Frontpoint

9.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Chet Claudon Palm City, FL

Over the last four years the customer service has been steadily declining. We've had lots of system caused false alarms (software updates, panel offline, etc.)

Aaron Montgomery Fisherville, KY

Overall, we've been happy, but there have been issues with our door camera & there are too few camera options for wireless outdoor use.

Jeff Graham, WA

Too many technical issues. False alarms. Equipment failures. The motion sensor notifications are not in real time. If someone was stealing all the tires off your car, you would get notified after they drove away.

Joy

It makes me feel safe. Whenever I've had an issue they've worked worked with me to get it resolved quickly.

Cynthia

They do not give me customer service. They don't even call my alarm call. It takes forever to get in touch with a technician to have them come back and fix the problems.

Eugene

They're very responsive. There have been an occasions where late at night it takes a long time to get a hold of a representative.

Chris Middleburg, FL

Outstanding customer service! Technical representatives are always patient, professional, and knowledgeable. Hardly have concerns with my system, only door bell cam, never made a call with issue unresolved.

Heather S. Neosho, MO

We’ve been with them for seven years now. They treat their loyal customers very well. Their prices and equipment options are competitive and service is friendly and reliable.

William Kandel Washington, DC

Crappy equipment! And hugely expensive. We had good equipment before Frontpoint replaced it with an "upgrade" that is pure garbage. It has inadequate volume country so every time we open the front door, on the quietest setting, we are still announcing to everyone in the neighborhood that we have opened the door. So obnoxious. There is zero information of use on the new panel. Why on earth did Frontpoint upgrade to such junk? Frontpoint required $327 for it or a two year commitment. I very much regret this decision. When my contract runs out, I will not renew. You have chosen the path of profits over value.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey William, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 4th, 2021

Lucy Salem, NH

We've never had a real emergency but there have been false alarms from our own mistake and they responded right away. The one or two times we've called customer service, they solved the problems easily.

Anselmo

Customer service is very patient and knowledgeable and helpful. It can have a long time, that is my only complaint. It is pretty simple to use and straightforward to install. It does what it is supposed to.

Hassaan Richmond, TX

Their response time is fantastic but they could have a better security panel that was more user friendly. I know other companies offer more data panels. They re pretty responsive about any issues I have.

Barbara Trinity, TX

I was very disappointed in ADT so I switched to Frontpoint. Every time I call, they are helpful and every time the alarm goes off, they offer to send out the sheriff's department. Sometimes it will go off when nothing's happening because there's a bug crawling on the window or something. But I like the sense of security it gives me.

Thirunavukkarasu Murugesan Centreville, VA

It has been a great system so far. The area they can improve is to offer the equipment and accessories pricing the same of new and current customers. Currently It's cheaper for new customers and pricier for current customers to add monitoring devices.

Tatiana Vrsalovic Oxnard, CA

When my home alarm went off and I was not home they where very nice and quick to solve my problem by calling the police for me and helping me with all the stressful situation

Anonymous Wyncote, PA

The best thing is the app. The other features leave a little bit to be desired. Some of the door chimes don’t work efficiently. Front Point should start thinking critically about how to compete on price because a lot of new technologies are emerging that are more cost efficient.

Darla Lafayette, CA

Looks nice and works. If there is an alarm or anything, they are right on top of it. Issues get resolved. There are some systems that are less expensive but this one is pretty good.

Anonymous New Hope, PA

Everything works as it should. If there is a break they are there anytime. It nice knowing it I secure and that you are being monitored. For the fire detectors they need something other than the sticky stuff for the long term basis.

Gregory Louisville, KY

Your house is safe with front point and that gives you peace of mind anytime you are away or at home. If intruders come, you are going to be protected. It more than serves my purposes for keeping my home secure.

Isaiah Linden, NJ

This is the best thing for me. It is easy to use and I like the mobile app as well as the convenience of tracking my door look. Everything works as advertised. Immediately when an alarm goes off, it is responsive. It also was convenient to set up my self.

Martha Miami, FL

They need to hire more individuals and technicians. Recently it has been difficult to get someone on the phone. Once you do get a person, they are very nice and helpful but the wait time is awful. I like that it is not expensive but it is not sophisticated. It is fine for the purpose but not great.

Patric Florissant, MO

As a system IT professional, I cant follow some of their docs sometimes so they could use better documentation. It was easy to install. The sensors are great and the thermostats are good but the cameras are a little bit iffy.

Anna Winchester, VA

When the alarm goes off, Front Point calls immediately to see if there is a problem. When we have problems, they are more than willing to help us. The equipment is up to date and does the job.

Anonymous Berryville, AR

They don’t run many promotions for their existing customers to upgrade their equipment and that would be nice but they are the only ones that have good enough cell coverage for my area and overall it is pretty decent. I like that it is do it yourself and you can pick and choose from several options what fits you best.

Robert Bessemer, AL

For the most part the equipment seems to be working fine. I have had some issues, mostly with it going off when we are not at home, but mostly it works fine. Frontpoint is very responsive and call the check in and send someone if there is no response. The app is good. The price is competitive compared to other companies.

Anonymous Vienna, VA

I feel safe because the equipment works correctly when it is alarmed. I know I can stay away from home and it will be safe at night. Customer service has always been helpful too.

John Athens, OH

They offer a wide range of products. I have so many different sensors all integrated in one spot. They hold up so well. They have been very responsive. I always can get the answered I need, customer service is very helpful.

Kate Carlsbad, CA

Frustration with multiple customer service calls about sensors that don’t fit/stick/work on our windows. Troubleshooting hasn’t worked after multiple calls but I’m told there’s Basically no way to get out of contract unless we want to spend a fortune. Got locked into an extremely long contract just for upgrading a control panel from buttons to digital, which seems unfair/ridiculous. We haven’t used the system in months bc not all sensors work yet are paying anyway.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for your feedback, at Frontpoint we take our customer complaints seriously and if there is anything we can do to resolve your circumstances please let us know at [email protected]

Jun. 1st, 2021

Elmer Marlon Ansaldo Middletown, CT

They have great customer service team. And most of the products are great. Just need to improve on the lag their doorbell products and the indoor camera speaker is terrible too much interference. All of the indoor cameras. But overall I love this company.

Lorene Fairmont, WV

I think they are very good. If ever our alarm went off they are always on top of it. They are courteous, helpful and professional. As far as improvements, If I had to state an improvement, it would be that the wall unit be louder if and when it goes off. That would be my only improvement to request.

Noel Giffin El Paso, TX

Great service and products web site us good and app on phone is very useful. When I had questions about their products they explained well and technicians are very well educated on their products

Doug Briggs Pocatello, ID

Wonderful customer service. Some of the products, doorbell camera and indoor camera have had connectivity issues. I did end up replacing my doorbell camera with an outside company and it has worked well.

Sheena Louisville, KY

I appreciate the features like that it gets increasing louder. It isn’t bulky. It is discreet. The window sensors seem pretty durable. We don’t call customer service often but when we did we were squared away within ten minutes.

John Ottertail, MN

Having the mobile application is great. It is nice to monitor it from my phone. I haven’t been totally happy with the alarm. We have one that trips regularly for no apparent reason. We’ve had a couple of door magnets fall off. People are easy to get a hold of.

Judith Wappingers Falls, NY

There weren’t a lot of directions on how to install it or where was the best place to put something that is the only things that keeps it from being the best. Whenever I need help, they are always willing to take my call and listen.

Eric Washingtonville, NY

Every time I call, they answer the phone and are very attentive. They always help me solve my problems and everything works the way it is supposed to so I have no complaints. The biggest issue is the yearly contract.

Michael Jamestown, NC

At this point I'm really not happy with Frontpoint. I don't even know that I can trust them honestly. I don't hear from anybody, there's no update on equipment or anything so I guess I'm really deciding it's time to change there. When my alarm goes off I don't get phone calls from the company right away and sometimes I have to resolve the problem without knowledge from them. The security little things that go on the door fall off and the key fob doesn't work so overall the equipment is cheap.

Stan Bettsville, OH

It's good being able to check on both outside and inside the house when we're away. The system has held up over the years. The only thing is that I have some other cameras that don't integrate with our Frontpoint system because they provide more than Frontpoint does, but I still believe that it's a very good company.

Joshua Agoura Hills, CA

I like the value that Frontpoint provides. I think it offers a lot of features at a good price point relative to competitors. The equipment overall is pretty good but I have had some issues, some of the sensors had to be replaced and then our original main unit's battery swelled up and broke and so it had to be replaced.

Anonymous San Jose, CA

They offer a great price for a wonderful service. Their customer service department has great knowledge and responsiveness. They really know their products and have a long lasting system.

Candice Milwaukee, WI

Most of the time that I call with an issue, they get the problem resolved. Lately I've had some false alarms where it'll tell me my doors are open when they're not, so I think there is a lack of quality in their product. The absolute best thing about this company is the ability to access my security system via my cellular device. One thing I wish they would change is creating a doorbell that doesn't have to be hardwired.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Candice, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Feb. 4th, 2021

We went with Frontpoint because of their cost and the ease of installation. Their customer service is quick to respond and solve any of my issues quickly. You can monitor your system from multiple mobile devices and it's very easy to use.

It's very difficult to get through to Frontpoint on the phone. They provide you a call back number when you try to reach them and it takes far too long to get assistance. I've had alarms go off and nobody in customer service can tell me why. I can never get help in figuring out how to turn it off. Their system is easy to use, I just wish they would have better customer service.

Veronica Houston, TX

Customer service is very helpful and understands your needs. Sometimes my system runs out of batteries and they call me to make sure everything is okay. I feel very safe using their system.

Vanesa G Dassing Lawrenceburg, TN

Frontpoint's cost drew me to signing up. Anytime I need them, they are there to answer questions. The system always seems to work and it alerts me anytime somebody enters the house.

Randall Head Twentynine Palms, CA

they have been perfect and I don' give out perfects have never ever before, at one time had 4 of there systems even one in my motor and called in all over the country where we were

Catherine

I've had Frontpoint's security system installed in my house for over two years and I've never had any issues with it. I like the peace of mind I have from having their system.

Charles

I like Frontpoint's wireless system. Their customer service is always available to answer questions we may have. Their system is very dependable and always works. Their price is economical!

Amanda

This security system is easy to use, and I was able to set it up myself. I have an app on my phone that allows me to see the cameras. Their customer service is always helpful in every system. They are patient and nice to help me figure things out.

It was easy to set up, and their customer service has always been reliable. Sometimes there is too much interference with connectors at times. The installation was easy. I wish they would improve the technology to make the sensors' signal stronger.