Frontpoint

8.8

Jesse Mills

They're very responsive to whatever our needs are as their customers. The equipment is definitely good, but it's not perfect. I had a few technical issues with the device, but once I told them about it they resolved it. I had other security systems before and compared to that, their fees have been pretty good.

John Nelson

Every time I have an issue, they take care of it very quickly and are very professional about it. We had a brief issue with our control panel, but customer service was wonderful and sent us a new one immediately. They resolved the problem right away.

My husband researched and found this service. We did have a problem with the delivery of the system, when we got it one of the things was cracked. It was a Saturday, so we called them and they sent out a new one right away. We received it by Monday or Tuesday I think. It is pretty easy to use it all. I feel much better and safe having it.

They are always quick to answer and give you clear answers. It was relatively easy to set it all up. I haven't had any problems except for when the power went out a couple of times. We got some emails about it, but that was that.

Matt Holtwick

When we were getting our system in place everyone was very helpful. The equipment is very good. I do think it's very sensitive because once my son yelled loud enough that one of the alarms just went off. Though, from that we can tell that it's going to be able to pick up on those types of sounds.

Melinda Jones

They had the best ratings for customer satisfaction when I looked things up. Installing it was a very easy process and they were very helpful during that. When I was having some issues, they were very helpful and resolved that quickly. I think it all works very well, it's easy to use. I have not had any trouble with anything.

Paddy Guidry

I liked the wireless system, that's why I picked it. It works well with my cellphone and I like the alerts that I get. The only thing I don't like is the panel that you control things from, it's kind of bulky and it could probably look better.

Raynell Cody

The person that sold it to me provided me with great details about the service. They definitely knew what they were talking about and basically convinced me to go with them. The sensors for the fire alarm and the door are very good. They catch everything when I'm cooking or when the door is opened.

Robert Roberts

My husband researched and chose them. When we ordered our kit we got a special kind of motion sensor that didn't really work for our situation. We just exchanged that for the window motion sensor and things have been ok with that. They have been very good about keeping in communication with us if anything happens. Like, if our electricity goes out, they'll get back to us and tell us when they think it'll come back and that sort of stuff.

Ronald Till

I go it so I could secure a vocational house remotely. The only problem I had was with one of the sensors. It just wasn't working. That has been my only negative experience with them though. Whenever I have an issue they are able to walk me through it and get it fixed right away.

David Landry

I picked them because they were cheaper than the others and used cellular service rather than Wi-Fi. They have been really quick to respond and helpful over the phone when I needed them. When I called it just took me a few extra minutes to get to the person that I needed to talk to. The equipment is moderately easy to install but I have some pieces that were damaged when I received it. I had to call several times to get the pieces to work and they still haven't sent me the new parts.

Tom Wendorf

They offered a good trade off between the ease of setting things up, the cost, and the flexibility of what is covered. Customer service has been very supportive and responsive so far. You get a person talking to you through the phone rather than a machine.

Rick Worthy

They have answered any question or issue that I've had. They've been very supportive and helpful. I like the fact that they sell the equipment rather than renting it out. That way it's not a waste of money for us. It definitely works well, we've had no issues with it and it was all easy to install. Very user friendly.

Kajal Naperville, IL

The person that helped me with the setup of my system was pretty good, very intimate, and walked me through the whole process. It was actually pretty simple, however, they do need to give more stickers to put on my windows around my house.

William Raleigh, NC

After doing some research on different companies, I called Frontpoint to get information, and the representatives were very helpful. Their great customer service and feedback is what made me decide to go with them of course. I lose my patience very quickly if I don't get good customer service, but they've answered quickly when I call them. They sent over an older version of their system first, but everything seems to be working just fine after receiving the newer version.

Daryle Fayetteville, NC

The reviews online seemed to have favorable ratings, as well as high customer satisfaction, so I decided to go with them directly. I liked the system. It took maybe half an hour to set it up. It was all simple because it was wireless. So far, I've been pleased with it.

Clay Auburn, CA

My mom inadvertently opened the door once, and since she forgot to disarm the system, the monitor detected it. A representative was online with her right away, making sure everything was fine, so I'd say the system works perfectly. I just think it's a very good company.

Erica Tallassee, AL

I like the fact that their sensors are wireless and that their customer service is outstanding. They're always ready and available to assist at any time! Even if you have questions regarding the system, they go out of their way to make sure you understand and get your questions answered. I'm very satisfied with the service.

Anonymous Port Orange, FL

Every time I had an issue, their customer support were always there to help, and they were courteous in the process. There was only one issue during the setup process. One of the fences fell off due to the adhesive they had sent me, so they just sent more and since then, I haven't had a problem with them.

Andre

There's no contract tied to the service so that was a major factor that made me decide for them. Plus, it's a self-installing system, and it's cellular. So far, I've had to use them 4 or 5 times, and the agents I speak to are really good! It's just been a great system. I've even recommended it to other friends that are now using the service.

Gregg Trabuco Canyon, CA

After looking at some internet surveys, Frontpoint seemed like the company with the less amount of complaints, so I decided to go with them. Their customer support has been very polite and efficient, but setting up the system is where everything got complicated. I'm not a real technical person, and the little contacts have been falling off the doors. I have 2 doors that are not protected because right now of that. Putting that aside, they're very good about calling me to see if everything is okay when the alarm goes off. Like I said, my only issue is with the system. I'm not technically savvy, and arming and disarming the system is not easy for me either.

Garry Big Spring, TX

One of the big things I need help in some what is the account I have online, however, they're pretty easy to get a hold on, and have been very helpful as well. What I really liked about them was their pricing and simplicity of the installation, and that's what actually made choose Frontpoint.

Venkatesan Monroe Township, NJ

All the reviews online regarding Frontpoint's service are very positive, and considering their customer service has been good, my experience with them has been positive. They'll call you within 20 or 30 seconds if the alarm goes off, but I think there's cheaper devices out there they could offer. Also, the system is very well explained, and it's just simple to install.

Mary Godwyn Sherborn, MA

Products are good, but customer service is non-existent. No one answers phone calls. Phone calls arr never returned. Decided to cancel for this reason- had trouble canceling because no one answers or returns calls.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Mary, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 4th, 2021

Michael Gwak Irvine, CA

Great technology but their customer service only at best when they're selling or renewing contracts. In between, customer service has opportunities.

Robert Riley Athens, GA

Does a great job of doing its main job - protecting my home. Some of the equipment and supplies fail sooner than they should, though.

Ronald Long Stow, OH

I've never had a problem that wasn't solved immediately. The price is very reasonable and it just works!

Anonymous Mabank, TX

I won't renew with them when the time comes because the last couple of people I've talked to couldn't speak English and we could not understand them. The equipment is fine.

Kevin Westwood, NJ

It's a do it yourself system so it is nice that you don't have to bring any one is. Everything has worked.

Bryan Hopewell, NJ

Easy to use. A good thing about FrontPoint is you can talk to a person directly in customer service.

Winston Stafford, TX

Installation is easy. It seems quite durable. If I have an issue, I call and it is rectified quickly.

Victoria Fegen Los Angeles, CA

Too inconvenient for me to install myself. And Frontpoint has no problem turning off my recording rules when I have exceeded my monthly limit but can't seem to let me know or turn it back on at the beginning of the month.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Victoria, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Sep. 2nd, 2021

David Pressburger Plain City, OH

Customer service has been below expectations of late. Previously, that was what they did best but now they are barely average in that regard. Also, the equipment (especially the video monitoring devices) is below average.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey David, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Aug. 12th, 2021

Leigha Miceli Kissimmee, FL

I had Frontpoint for 3 very unfortunate years. I can go on and on about all of the instances that made my experience terrible but I will only name a few. The equipment only worked half of the time, there is no option for a siren so no real security. I tested the equipment on multiple occasions by setting my alarm to "away" and walking around the house, only about 50% of the time the motion sensor detected me, it's not a reliable system. When we had an alarm go off, they called us at least 6 times before sending someone out, not the service you want in an emergency situation. When I went to cancel my contract after it had ended I was STILL charged for an additional month. As soon as I cancelled there was a message that read that they will not be sending anyone out if my alarm goes off even though I had to pay for an additional month. Technically they made me pay for a month that they will not offer me monitoring. This is not the kind of company you want to keep you safe.

Reply from Frontpoint

Leigha, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 26th, 2021

nolagirl New Orleans, LA

I signed a 3-year contract with Frontpoint for an alarm system for my small business. During my time as an active customer, I was generally happy with my service. Fast forward to about a year and a half later. The impacts from the Covid-19 pandemic were devastating to my small business. I had no choice but to close my brick and mortar retail store and move entirely online. Unfortunately, I was still under a contract with Frontpoint. I was told that my contract could be taken over by another party until it expired. The new tenants of the retail space agreed to take over the contract until it expired, roughly 10 months later. Here's where things get ugly.... Every single step of the transfer process has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE. Three months later and we are still waiting for the transfer process to be completed! The new tenants and I have each made countless phone calls to complete the transfer to no avail. The digital transfer paperwork was completed weeks ago - I have the email confirmation from Frontpoint saying so. STILL......I get the phone calls when the alarm goes off (as opposed to the new tenant), AND I am still getting billed monthly for the service. I can't tell you how many hours we have each wasted trying to resolve this issue and nothing has worked. Side Note: We are located in New Orleans. Imagine how fun it was to evacuate to another state for the storm and suddenly get multiple phone calls from both Frontpoint and the New Orleans police department when Hurricane Ida hit, knocked out the power and set off the alarm . Did the new tenant get any calls? Of course not. Just me. Good times. I WOULD NOT recommend signing a contract with this company. If you do, pray that you don't experience a national pandemic or other unexpected emergency that would jeopardize your ability to pay because you will be stuck, just like I am now. Ugh

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 4th, 2021

Luis

The customer service was great when i was under contract, but not so much after i chose to be on a monthly plan. one rep offered a new system to renew but only offered a couple of components.

Harry Forsyth, MO

Not too satisfied with the doorbell camera but I like the price of it and I have no problems getting a hold of customer service.

Anonymous Madras, OR

Equipment is very good and affordable but sometimes when I have issues with it, it can be hard to get information I need. They should have a better service manual.

Bryan Joliet, IL

All equipment is basically the same and customer service takes a long time to get a hold of people and they are not very knowledgeable when you do get them. If I didn’t have all the equipment I would have switched companies a long time ago.

Jeff Arlington, KY

Get better motion sensors because I have problems with them. I don’t have a problem with the people who work there and it does give me peace of mind.

Steve Ford Pueblo, CO

New upgrade to system was to make it better - after install I have sensors going on and off line at random - very disappointing = makes me wonder if system is actually working or not

Les McAuliffe Seattle, WA

Your equipment is glitchy. Your service is unhelpful. I get a robot call asking if everything is alright. Police don't take your calls seriously. During one break in your motion sensors didn't go off because it turns out they are infra red sensors not motion. The thieves simply covered up their skin. They had all the time in the world to search around for valuable. .

Michele Y McNeely Philadelphia, PA

System is installed manually with over the phone assistance only, no technician sent out for service if system malfunctions or to ensure system is installed properly, 3 year contract is the worst, paying just to have the system. Oh let's not forget service for false alarm charge of 150 every time police are dispatched. The worst security alarm system every. I will not be renewing my contract.

Alan Green Bay, WI

Front point works. I haven’t had any trouble with it because if I have questions, customer support is able to help me.

John Pemberville, OH

I like that I can monitor it on my computer from wherever I am and see what is going on but I don’t like that when my electricity goes off, the system doesn’t work and it can take a while to get a hold of them.

Irvin Beverly Hills, FL

Some friends had frontpoint and though they were good so we tried it and we like it too. They are available if I need them and cover all my needs.

Alex Minneapolis, MN

Everything works great and it is nice not having to rely on someone else to set it up for you. The equipment is dated but they are goof about giving constructive help.

Sheldon Raleigh, NC

For me the system is really simple and that made it easy to set up and operate. Sometimes it goes off by accident but I would recommend them.

Sarita Bella Vista, AR

The equipment is really good. It is easy to use. I would like a few more options. Support is super helpful and takes care of our needs quickly.

Anonymous Gig Harbor, WA

The strongest aspect of frontpoint is their personnel. They always respond to my questions. The system is quality and it works well. I enjoy working with them.