Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Logo

Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo offers APRs ranging from 0 to 26.24 percent*

Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo is a financial services company that offers consumer and commercial banking, loans, insurance, wealth management, investments, and credit cards.

Capital One Logo Capital One ›

9.4

Overall
Score

American Express (Amex) Logo American Express (Amex) ›

8.9

Overall
Score

Discover Logo Discover ›

8.6

Overall
Score

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo ›

6.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards programs
  • Limited annual fees
  • Free credit score tracking
  • Dispute resolution

Competitive APRs

Depending on the card, Wells Fargo offers introductory APRs of 6 to 15 months. After that, rates range from 11.40 to 26.24 percent*, which is competitive within the industry.

Rewards Programs

Wells Fargo provides a number of rewards programs for its cardholders to participate in. By frequently using their Wells Fargo card, customers can earn points that may be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, and travel.

Limited Annual Fees

There are no annual fees for all Wells Fargo credit cards except one (the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card has an annual fee of $25). This can save cardholders hundreds of dollars each year.

Free Credit Score Tracking

Wells Fargo provides its customers with the ability to monitor their credit score at no extra cost, which can help cardholders to stay on top of their credit and be aware of any changes to their score.

Dispute Resolution

In the event that there is an unauthorized charge or dispute, Wells Fargo will work to resolve it as quickly as possible.

The Bad

• Foreign transaction fee
  • Late payment penalty

Foreign Transaction Fee

Wells Fargo charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent of the total charge, which is one of the highest fees in the industry. This can be a major deterrent to frequent travelers.

Late Payment Penalty

For every late credit card payment, Wells Fargo charges a fee of up to $37, which is slightly higher than industry average.

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo offers competitive APRs, rewards programs, limited annual fees, free credit score tracking, and dispute resolution. However, the company does charge foreign transaction fees and late payment penalties.

3.8

Jorden Laird
December 13th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

I had a few unauthorized charges I noticed on my account and WF handled them quickly and processed a refund for me. I feel safe with them handling my money

Alyssa Scott
December 11th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Wells fargo is very good. I have never had any problems with them. They always assist my needs when i ask. and they always takecare of you and help you out. Very good customer service. My credit card has never failed me.

Matthew Carbaugh
December 11th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Had Wells Fargo credit card for over 5 years and never had any problems with wrongful charges. I appreciate the mailed statements every month.

Erin
December 10th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

such a great way to get a credit card. the service is great. once we had a fraud issue and wells fargo cleaned it right up and kept us from paying too much, amazing service

Shane
November 26th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo's credit cards are great! I have never had trouble with mine. They are easy to get, it doesn't take long. They are also good quality material.

Abbey
November 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Do not like Wells Fargo. There is way too many fees and regulations!! Have not had a good experience

Emma
November 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love wells Fargo. When my card number got stolen they reimbursed me what was spent and the process was quick and easy to prove the fraud.

Kristen Schow
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Not super impressed with my credit card. Lots of fees and it's hard to get someone that speaks English when I need help. Their email system is great though.

Sam Anders
October 29th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

When I first turned 18, I got a Debit & Credit Card with Wells Fargo. I cancelled my checking account 1-2 years ago due to their unethical business practices. I'm only keep the the credit card active since I've had the account 10+ years and closing the account would impact my credit score.

Brady Hanson
October 19th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo’s credit cards provide you with cash back bonuses and points that you can cash in for gift cards or swag. Their interest rates are standard and you don’t have to pay them if you pay off your card before 30 days. They provide typical service for a credit card.

Thomas Hullinger
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have a Wells Fargo Credit Card and they are easy to track online and the best thing that I like is their spending tracking that helps me with my budget. Interest rate is very attractive and I also like them giving me the option of money back depending on what I spend and I can put it right back into my account.

Ron Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Use Wells Fargo for all of my banking except credit cards. Hate their card options and the customer service is awful. Feel like I'm always trying to be sold something.

Meliame Selu
August 27th, 2018 Layton, UT

Not sure if the interest are bad or good but having a credit card with this company helped my credit go up.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We bank through Wells Fargo here in Utah so our credit card is through them. I love the customer service from Wells! I feel confident in recommending this company.

Eric
August 2nd, 2018 Annandale, NJ

Nice sign up bonus ($200). Like the 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Don't like their phone service - can't set up a payment for a future date.

jordan cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Was my first credit card. Bumps in limits are slow, interest is high after "college card" part of it goes away.

Anne Kimball
July 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Wells fargo gave me my first credit card and help me begin all of the credit building processes and they made it so easy for my to make my payments. It was the perfect start to building my credit.

Bri Graham
July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

I tried to obtain a card here, the process was difficult. The employees I was working with didn't explain things well.

Anna Hu
July 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT

My credit card experience with Wells Fargo has been very positive. I have held my credit card with them for about 4 years now and Wells Fargo has automatically increased my limits as I have quickly paid off my bills. I like that Wells Fargo will calculate your credit score for free at any time. I wish my credit card gave me a higher rate back but very reliable experience with Wells.

Sharon Reed
July 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Great card for regular purchases. Easy to get all the account information online.

Danuel Allen
July 10th, 2018

Simple card for our family. We have been happy with the service. Be careful to make payments on time, because the fees and interest rates can hurt you long term.

Troy Siren
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Awesome rate for a card I use for everything. Lots of perks including cashback bonus.

Hunter Kasprzyk
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Wells fargo declines my debit card all the time because it thinks its a identity theft when its just me trying to buy something. If the purchase is over$200 it usually gets cancelled even tho I have called them and told them that its me and I want these types of purchases to go through in the future. Its terrible and i wish i could change but this what my parents use for all their stuff so i can't

Brayden Dahl
June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Wells Fargo is so far the best bank I have ever used. It’s very reliable and makes sure your credit card is being used appropriately.

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Wells Fargo has the best options for credit cards. They have so many options with the right credit card for you and your situation.

Joanna Hester
June 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

We have a WF credit card associated with our bank account. Whenever I have encountered an issue, I call customer service and my issue is resolved in a professional, fast manner.

Kristin
June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo gives me great security to know that I am in is protected.

H Moore
May 29th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I run my business accounts through Wells Fargo as well as my business credit cards. Great customer service!

Rebecca
April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT

I love my credit card from Wells Fargo! Great rewards and definitely worth everything!

Trent Palmer
April 9th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

The cards work great, and I have a rewards card that is great. I have never had a problem using their services and it is convenient to use. i would recommend it to other wells fargo users

Treina Siegel
January 15th, 2018 Ladson, SC DETAILS

5 rate, the customer service and banking experience for over 20 years makes this customer confident my bank is the finest.

tammy smith
January 8th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

It's easy to pay online and I get points and/or money back on the 2 cards I have

Cassidy Gundersen
December 6th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had my Wells Fargo Credit Card for 5 years. I never kept a balance and tried to keep it paid off. They did not send digital statements, only paper statements, which was a major disappointment. And several times I missed payments with no reminder or email to inform me. The rewards are minimal with their cards and I would suggest getting a card anywhere else. In my 5 years- I earned a $20 reward to shop in their online store. Not worth it.

Hyrum
October 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I don't have any other cards to compare it with, but I've never had any issues. They seem to have an appropriate algorithm to reward responsible management with increased credit limits. It's annoying that after I got married, my wife couldn't have access to the card online, but I think that has more to do with federal law than Wells Fargo.

Eli Alanis
October 24th, 2017 DETAILS

Never had any problems using it. Whenever I have a question about the credit card or about the statement , I call custermer service and with a friendly voice they ask me how can they help me. The representative helps me with the questions and they find a solution.

Melanie Askren
October 16th, 2017 Saint Louice, MO

they kept charging me after it was paid off

James Zuck
October 16th, 2017 Dallas, TX

APR is 16.99 and there is no fee. They helped me rebuild my credit starting with a secured card-and now I'm it a $7,500 limit.

Julie E
September 25th, 2017 Houston, TX

they have always been there when I have needed them; when american express closed my account, wellsfargo gave me a card; when Hurricane Harvey hit; they have been here for me

Ronald McCarthy
September 14th, 2017 El Paso, TX

I have a great intrest rate and I recieved outstanding customer service

EUGENE AUSTIN
September 14th, 2017 Palm Harbor, FL

We have multiple accounts with them; easy online use.