Wells Fargo

6.1

Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo is a financial services company that offers consumer and commercial banking, loans, insurance, wealth management, investments, and credit cards.

Chase Logo Chase ›

8.9

Overall
Score

American Express (Amex) Logo American Express (Amex) ›

8.2

Overall
Score

Capital One Logo Capital One ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo

6.1

Overall
Score

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards programs
  • Limited annual fees
  • Free credit score tracking
  • Dispute resolution

Competitive APRs

Depending on the card, Wells Fargo offers introductory APRs of 6 to 15 months. After that, rates range from 11.40 to 26.24 percent*, which is competitive within the industry.

Rewards Programs

Wells Fargo provides a number of rewards programs for its cardholders to participate in. By frequently using their Wells Fargo card, customers can earn points that may be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, and travel.

Limited Annual Fees

There are no annual fees for all Wells Fargo credit cards except one (the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card has an annual fee of $25). This can save cardholders hundreds of dollars each year.

Free Credit Score Tracking

Wells Fargo provides its customers with the ability to monitor their credit score at no extra cost, which can help cardholders to stay on top of their credit and be aware of any changes to their score.

Dispute Resolution

In the event that there is an unauthorized charge or dispute, Wells Fargo will work to resolve it as quickly as possible.

The Bad

• Foreign transaction fee
  • Late payment penalty

Foreign Transaction Fee

Wells Fargo charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent of the total charge, which is one of the highest fees in the industry. This can be a major deterrent to frequent travelers.

Late Payment Penalty

For every late credit card payment, Wells Fargo charges a fee of up to $37, which is slightly higher than industry average.

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo offers competitive APRs, rewards programs, limited annual fees, free credit score tracking, and dispute resolution. However, the company does charge foreign transaction fees and late payment penalties.

3.6

Treina Siegel

January 15th, 2018 Ladson, SC DETAILS

5 rate, the customer service and banking experience for over 20 years makes this customer confident my bank is the finest.

tammy smith

January 8th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

It's easy to pay online and I get points and/or money back on the 2 cards I have

Cassidy Gundersen

December 6th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had my Wells Fargo Credit Card for 5 years. I never kept a balance and tried to keep it paid off. They did not send digital statements, only paper statements, which was a major disappointment. And several times I missed payments with no reminder or email to inform me. The rewards are minimal with their cards and I would suggest getting a card anywhere else. In my 5 years- I earned a $20 reward to shop in their online store. Not worth it.

Hyrum

October 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I don't have any other cards to compare it with, but I've never had any issues. They seem to have an appropriate algorithm to reward responsible management with increased credit limits. It's annoying that after I got married, my wife couldn't have access to the card online, but I think that has more to do with federal law than Wells Fargo.

Eli Alanis

October 24th, 2017 DETAILS

Never had any problems using it. Whenever I have a question about the credit card or about the statement , I call custermer service and with a friendly voice they ask me how can they help me. The representative helps me with the questions and they find a solution.

Melanie Askren

October 16th, 2017 Saint Louice, MO

they kept charging me after it was paid off

James Zuck

October 16th, 2017 Dallas, TX

APR is 16.99 and there is no fee. They helped me rebuild my credit starting with a secured card-and now I'm it a $7,500 limit.

Julie E

September 25th, 2017 Houston, TX

they have always been there when I have needed them; when american express closed my account, wellsfargo gave me a card; when Hurricane Harvey hit; they have been here for me

Ronald McCarthy

September 14th, 2017 El Paso, TX

I have a great intrest rate and I recieved outstanding customer service

EUGENE AUSTIN

September 14th, 2017 Palm Harbor, FL

We have multiple accounts with them; easy online use.

Esat Aliu

September 12th, 2017 Sycamore, IL

Thay gave me credit when I needed it most

Ruben Hernandez

September 12th, 2017

they were prompt in the review and approval

Federico Trujillo

September 12th, 2017 Riverdale, CA

Statements are very easy to read and well documented. Online access makes paying easy and accurate

Debra

September 12th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

Convenient, securely monitored,rewards program

ANGELA D HUDSON

September 12th, 2017 Detroit, MI

They are very when it comes to giving an opportunity for credit,and I they should be more open when that's where my employer uses and that's where retirement fund is through

Mike Fulop

August 14th, 2017 Las Cruces, NM

Too many fees, Wells has become untrustworthy

David McGlothin

August 8th, 2017 Aurora, CO

I rate them 9 for their dependability

John S

June 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Very plentiful and very effective ATM machines.

Breanna Jones

June 6th, 2017 Herriman, UT

There are very little bonuses from using this card. So since I don't get any incentives or cash back bonus or rewards, I hardly use it. There is no annual fee which is nice but there is nothing very special about this credit card.

chuck

May 10th, 2017 Pomona, CA

Wells Fargo is not a veteran friendly company. They miss used our trust and are fine taking veterans cars and homes.