Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo is a financial services company that offers consumer and commercial banking, loans, insurance, wealth management, investments, and credit cards.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
4.1
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards programs
  • Limited annual fees
  • Free credit score tracking
  • Dispute resolution

Competitive APRs

Depending on the card, Wells Fargo offers introductory APRs of 6 to 15 months. After that, rates range from 11.40 to 26.24 percent*, which is competitive within the industry.

Rewards Programs

Wells Fargo provides a number of rewards programs for its cardholders to participate in. By frequently using their Wells Fargo card, customers can earn points that may be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, and travel.

Limited Annual Fees

There are no annual fees for all Wells Fargo credit cards except one (the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card has an annual fee of $25). This can save cardholders hundreds of dollars each year.

Free Credit Score Tracking

Wells Fargo provides its customers with the ability to monitor their credit score at no extra cost, which can help cardholders to stay on top of their credit and be aware of any changes to their score.

Dispute Resolution

In the event that there is an unauthorized charge or dispute, Wells Fargo will work to resolve it as quickly as possible.

The Bad

• Foreign transaction fee
  • Late payment penalty

Foreign Transaction Fee

Wells Fargo charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent of the total charge, which is one of the highest fees in the industry. This can be a major deterrent to frequent travelers.

Late Payment Penalty

For every late credit card payment, Wells Fargo charges a fee of up to $37, which is slightly higher than industry average.

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo offers competitive APRs, rewards programs, limited annual fees, free credit score tracking, and dispute resolution. However, the company does charge foreign transaction fees and late payment penalties.

4.1

Keeli Hansen
July 16th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I have always had a great experience with Wells Fargo. They are always so kind and willing to help solve any problem

Paige Baldwin
July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS

I had used Wells Fargo for the longest time and really didn’t have any problems with them. Sometimes the customer service wasn’t the greatest and I ended up changing banks due to family reasons but overall I liked my credit card through them.

Breanne Stanko
July 8th, 2019 Logan, UT

My credit card through Wells Fargo is great! Paying it off it so easy! I don’t have a super high credit limit which makes it so easy to not spend too much!

Whitney Stanko
July 1st, 2019 Smithfield, UT

I love my college Credit card. I only have a certain spending limit and it isn't very high. Also paying off my card is super easy and fast to do. I was worried it would be hard and stressful but Wells Fargo makes it super easy to do online.

Rosann Stanko
June 26th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

We have used Wells Fargo for years and years. We appreciate the customer service in the branches, but it is difficult to get through any phone lines. We do think their per cent to use their credit cards is way too high.

Lauren
June 25th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

Have always had Wells Fargo and I haven't had any problems. Love how much you can do online

Rylie Crandall
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like Wells Fargo because I am always informed about what I owe or how much money is in my account. This company is great about keeping you informed.

Jacob Ball
June 18th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I have the Propel card and the benefits are amazing for a no annual fee credit card

Rebecca
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

A lot of people have their doubts, but I’ve been with Wells Fargo for 8 years now and I love the service

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS

I currently have two Wells Fargo credit cards and they are both great. I love the rewards I get when using my card!

Anne Sainsbury
June 10th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo is my only credit card I have and they have been a reliable company! Their interest rates are pretty low, but their customer service has been good! Plus their credit card reports are super easy to navigate!

Reese
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

This is the card I use the most. It has rewards that I like, it gives me cash back if I want. I have a lot of options. I trust the bank and they have locations that are easy to go into and check on things if I need to. I also have great fraud protection and they will let me know if anything looks suspicious.

Ashley
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo is a great credit card for me. The latest chip has made it even more safe and reliable and that is very important to me. The Wells Fargo customer service staff has always been friendly and professional.

Rob Whipple
May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Very helpful and friendly customer service. Ties right to my other accounts. Easy online access and management.

Calista Huber
May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I have absolutely loved Well Fargo! My credit card was easy to open and easy yo understand. I got it when I was about 18 and my limit was low because I had a minimum wage job. I was able to learn how to use my credit card pay it back to build good credit and have never needed a higher limit. I've had great customer service and never have had any credit card issues!

Michael E Berrett
February 13th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo 0 well - it is a mixed review: I have had a Wells Fargo Visa card for a couple decades, and had excellent service, and no problems of any kind. On the other hand, I am disgusted with the lack of integrity and dishonesty internally - obviously covered up or endorsed or ignored by upper management for the dishonest problems which have been in the press about the company over the past two years. There is a. reputation to recover - and it is going to take a while for me to regain trust with this organization. Anyone can make a mistake - but with these guys - too many - and too big of mistakes. I wish them well in their pursuit to re-build trust

JR Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Being a well established company it was easy to use the card wherever I needed it and the billing process was easy as well.

Jason Brown
February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I've had a Wells Fargo card since 2003. Their ATMs are always accessible across the USA. It would be nice to have more globally. Also, if more ATMs were accessible at sporting events, it would be fantastic.

Doug Fox
February 12th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

We recently had some issues with Wells Fargo when our cards were shut down and unavailable for use due to some national snafu. Had to actually drive into the branch to get the problem fixed. For the most part, Wells Fargo has been OK.

Kristiane R Durfey
February 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been very pleased with my Wells Fargo Credit card. It isn't one that I use very often but when I need to it's nice to know that I can use it without any problems. I have a Wells Fargo checking and savings account as well which makes paying off the card so convenient to do with online banking.

Ann Bailey
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

My elderly parents bank at Wells Fargo. I was pleasantly surprised that they offer free notarization for living wills and trusts. We walked into the facility on two different days. The agents were friendly, and took the time needed to care for us.

janalee sanders
February 4th, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

we currently use this card and have never had any problems. they seem to keep good interest rates and have always protected our personal information from what we know. this card has worked well for us because we also do other banking with Wells Fargo so we can tie that into the card sometimes

nathan brewer
February 1st, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We really like using our Wells Fargo credit card. It gives us good rewards points and we have been on some fun trips because of those reward points.

Melissa Carreno
December 20th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I don't have a checking account, so having a savings account only which makes it a little more difficult to speak to customer service and their systems are now more difficult for face to face clients they make it inconvenient. I do have a credit card as well, again, not my favorite, but I got the Propel card and still waiting for the rewards to show up 4 months later...not impressed.

Magaly De Avila
December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo always provides me the best service, they are very quick to solve problems like getting new cards sent out to you.

Darius Williams
December 17th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

good service and very friendly bankers at the banks, was able to help me out on my first card!

Jorden Laird
December 13th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

I had a few unauthorized charges I noticed on my account and WF handled them quickly and processed a refund for me. I feel safe with them handling my money

Alyssa Scott
December 11th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Wells fargo is very good. I have never had any problems with them. They always assist my needs when i ask. and they always takecare of you and help you out. Very good customer service. My credit card has never failed me.

Matthew Carbaugh
December 11th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Had Wells Fargo credit card for over 5 years and never had any problems with wrongful charges. I appreciate the mailed statements every month.

Erin
December 10th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

such a great way to get a credit card. the service is great. once we had a fraud issue and wells fargo cleaned it right up and kept us from paying too much, amazing service

Shane
November 26th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo's credit cards are great! I have never had trouble with mine. They are easy to get, it doesn't take long. They are also good quality material.

Abbey
November 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Do not like Wells Fargo. There is way too many fees and regulations!! Have not had a good experience

Emma
November 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love wells Fargo. When my card number got stolen they reimbursed me what was spent and the process was quick and easy to prove the fraud.

Kristen Schow
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Not super impressed with my credit card. Lots of fees and it's hard to get someone that speaks English when I need help. Their email system is great though.

Sam Anders
October 29th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

When I first turned 18, I got a Debit & Credit Card with Wells Fargo. I cancelled my checking account 1-2 years ago due to their unethical business practices. I'm only keep the the credit card active since I've had the account 10+ years and closing the account would impact my credit score.

Brady Hanson
October 19th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo’s credit cards provide you with cash back bonuses and points that you can cash in for gift cards or swag. Their interest rates are standard and you don’t have to pay them if you pay off your card before 30 days. They provide typical service for a credit card.

Thomas Hullinger
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have a Wells Fargo Credit Card and they are easy to track online and the best thing that I like is their spending tracking that helps me with my budget. Interest rate is very attractive and I also like them giving me the option of money back depending on what I spend and I can put it right back into my account.

Ron Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Use Wells Fargo for all of my banking except credit cards. Hate their card options and the customer service is awful. Feel like I'm always trying to be sold something.

Meliame Selu
August 27th, 2018 Layton, UT

Not sure if the interest are bad or good but having a credit card with this company helped my credit go up.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We bank through Wells Fargo here in Utah so our credit card is through them. I love the customer service from Wells! I feel confident in recommending this company.

jordan cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Was my first credit card. Bumps in limits are slow, interest is high after "college card" part of it goes away.

Eric
August 2nd, 2018 Annandale, NJ

Nice sign up bonus ($200). Like the 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Don't like their phone service - can't set up a payment for a future date.

Anne Kimball
July 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Wells fargo gave me my first credit card and help me begin all of the credit building processes and they made it so easy for my to make my payments. It was the perfect start to building my credit.

Bri Graham
July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

I tried to obtain a card here, the process was difficult. The employees I was working with didn't explain things well.

Anna Hu
July 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT

My credit card experience with Wells Fargo has been very positive. I have held my credit card with them for about 4 years now and Wells Fargo has automatically increased my limits as I have quickly paid off my bills. I like that Wells Fargo will calculate your credit score for free at any time. I wish my credit card gave me a higher rate back but very reliable experience with Wells.

Sharon Reed
July 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Great card for regular purchases. Easy to get all the account information online.

Danuel Allen
July 10th, 2018

Simple card for our family. We have been happy with the service. Be careful to make payments on time, because the fees and interest rates can hurt you long term.

Troy Siren
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Awesome rate for a card I use for everything. Lots of perks including cashback bonus.

Hunter Kasprzyk
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Wells fargo declines my debit card all the time because it thinks its a identity theft when its just me trying to buy something. If the purchase is over$200 it usually gets cancelled even tho I have called them and told them that its me and I want these types of purchases to go through in the future. Its terrible and i wish i could change but this what my parents use for all their stuff so i can't

Brayden Dahl
June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Wells Fargo is so far the best bank I have ever used. It’s very reliable and makes sure your credit card is being used appropriately.