Omega Auto Care

8.9

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Robert & Jean Chebanse, IL

They've been good to us. I am pretty confident with the program. Everything that is covered is done without a problem. My wife recently got an oil change and she got reimbursed for it with no problems. We have been pretty loyal to them and they have proven to be loyal to us. They gave us a good renewal policy. There is always room for improvement business wise but I have been pretty happy. I have recommended them to people.

Santiago North Bay Village, FL

Good price for a good service. If they can't help you, they look for a way to help you. I've used it to get a free oil change. They helped me find someone to fix my car. You don't have to wait too long to get customer service.

Francis Bridgeton, NJ

Every time I have a question, I call them and they quickly give me an answer. I had my oil changed and my windshield wipers paid for. It seems to be the right choice for me. They will be there for me when I need them.

William Houston, TX

I got the best deal with Omega. They helped me out with my truck. It was not running right. I had the heater fixed and for the maintenance oil. They do great work.

Kim Moore

I was able to get my funds from my oil change sent to me quickly. I could get it done locally , without having to drive an hour to an authorized place that accepted over the phone payment . I appreciated that, as I am disabled and don't like driving further than I have to!

Marcia Seffner, FL

When I call in, no matter what, they were helpful and informative. I used it for a service on my vehicle and I needed the oil change and different stuff like that and I was kind of surprised at some of the stuff that was covered because they covered the oil changes and so that came in handy. They weren't timely each time it was kind of annoying when I did not understandhow the service was nonstop, so each time I log in they were very informative and patient. They do what they said they work on it.

Crystal M. Fort Worth, TX

The care is exceptional. And I really liked the company. I had to use my warranty a couple times and it said I had to use it. I use this to get my brakes fixed which was the main part of the warranty and Auto mechanic who did the work there this was one of the best vehicle maintenance warranty sees that pristine talk never had a problem always got things taken care of without issue.

Patricia Birmingham, AL

I have no problem with Omega. I continue be with them. I called them on my transmission was going bad and they took care of that. All I had to pay is the deductible and they pay the rest, no problem. I love the work that they do. I had no problems with them. I haven't had any problems. And I like the service that I get from them and I hope and pray I continue to get that great service.

Jasmine Roanoke Rapids, NC

I have been with Omega for awhile now . I enjoy the fact I can call and there are always there to help . My car haven’t need anything major done to it thus far but I know Omega will be there to help . Omega reimbursement process is great . Thank you for the oils changes payments!

Tanisha West Springfield, MA

Whenever I have a situation, they get back to me and get to the bottom of it. It's pretty affordable and they are really helpful. My battery had died and my Omega care adviser helped me out a lot so and they got to the bottom of it.

James Converse, TX

Sometimes it's been a little difficult actually talking to a person. In the past when I've had to use my warranty to get something first Omega took care of it. I had no issue. Then using the service warranty, it becomes a little difficult with getting the payment done to the Auto stuff

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the great review!

Laura North Las Vegas, NV

Every time I need a service I get it done and Omega takes care of it. I get insurance for my car through them and they have taken care of it. I just do the oil changes and I have to upgrade my battery next

Crystal Rivers Bronx, NY

You can always reach them when you need them as well as they keep their word about everything within your contract. They are awesome and get things done and handled in a timely manner

Andreus Williams MN

By far the worst . Waited til after I get my vehicle in the shop and have them tare down the motor just to tell me that my claim was denied. This was before the inspector ever got to inspect it. Now I'm out of 3900 I have to pay to the shop for them tearing it down. On top of me paying for my extending auto coverage. Totally a ripoff. Don't use this company.

1 day ago

Nora Redmond, OR

It's been covering what it promised. Customer service was really helpful in explaining things to me. They were really very helpful so I'm really thankful for it.

Raul Orlando, FL

The person that signed me up misrepresented what the truth was. He didn't tell me the truth because he said that they change a fuel pump at seventy thousand miles and then when I called back they said that that wasn't true. I've used the warranty for an oil change, that's it.

Ahmad Melrose Park, IL

The customer service is very good. They know what they are doing they said they good in when you talk them they're very polite but then the payback is very slow.

Janet Comer Medina, OH

So pleased with this amazing company and great price to protect my vehicle. I would highly recommend Omega Auto Care ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Vicki J Freeburn Little Rock, AR

The policy has covered, at least partially, the repairs I have made to date. I appreciate that routine auto care services are also covered under the policy.

Shondrick Griffin, GA

Everybody I’ve talked to has been very helpful. Even when there is a problem, they find a way to help fix it and reimburse me for everything.

Teresa Gwynn Oak, MD

They cannot provide the service they said they could provide for the customer. If they did what they supposed to do I would rate them higher but they don’t. They told me they could no longer do it at the Honda service because it takes too long for them to get paid by Omega. I spoke to customer service about the situation and they gave me different once to call. I ended up paying and it took a month to get paid back.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Teresa, The payment is provided within about 15 minutes from the time we receive the invoice. We work with dealerships nationwide, including Honda. Your dealerships unwillingness to work with us is out of our control, and should not be a negative reflection on Omega. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service at 877-850-0443 and choose option 2

Kevin Essex, MD

I'm still basically paying out of pocket for everything. I needed to use my warranty for the brakes that was supposed to cover but that was not the case. They give misleading information.

Gale Laredo, TX

They're great. I got to get service I like. They're great, the problem is on my GMC not following some procedures you know, but Omega was great. They are positive.

Connie Price Portland, OR

I only just got on the plan. I went to have my car serviced at one of the designated shops and it went seamlessly. The auto shop I chose is family owned. Their people were friendly and efficient and got me in and out quickly. I feel confident that I'll get good service with them in the future. Payment was seamless with my Omega plan.

Emery Pineville, NC

I chose Omega Auto Care because I'm probably going to have major issues with it. Every time I call them they are very helpful and I never have issues with communicating with them about things I have issues with. I've used the oil changes that are included in my warranty and it went pretty smoothly. I didn't have to do much of anything other than give me my warranty card at the time of payment.

John Winter Haven, FL

Customer support is always very very good. I had a good experience for me. You're always taken care of.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Arnold Cedar Bluff, VA

I used it on oil change and then the information. So far they've done as they should. I would recommend it.

Bailey Timm Des Moines, IA

Implied service coverage was not met and instead only covered a portion of maintenance costs for the first year of coverage. Was told multiple times that brake pads(1), and oil changes were covered

Terrie Danville, AL

They're slow about getting doing their refund and answering our emails.They don't honor their work. I'm not satisfied, I'm very disappointed with omega, they didn't cover my extended warranty like I thought they would, they didn't cover it at all probably.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Hi Terrie, Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority, but I need a little more information to find you in our system. Please send us an email at [email protected] with your contract number, and your experience, and I will be more than happy to see what I can do to make sure you have a more pleasant experience moving forward. Have a great afternoon!

JoemarZ_0316Ort Goshen, IN

When my battery went bad and I turned it in exchange I got my response for it in the time that they allotted.

Marlon M Detroit, MI

Only used it once for a battery for my car I haven't used it yet for anything else and I didn't have any problems.

Clarence Suffolk, VA

One time I used my warranty and I thought that the whole job was going to be expensive but it was less.

Altonise Havana, FL

They offered me the benefits in the package that I needed to me meet my financial goals with my vehicle. The customer service rep wet out of his way to make sure the package met my needs. He really knew all the information.

Craig Tuscaloosa, AL

Omega Auto Care had the best service for the price. I would give them a 4 just because they didn't cover when I did have the transmission issue. The only other thing I could say is for the maintenance reimbursement they take a long time, like for oil changes and stuff it takes a month to month and a half to get the reimbursement.

Ashley Tuscaloosa, AL

The package they offer is nice and customer service is nice and it gives you peace of mind that other insurance companies don’t offer. It was super simple to use when I used it on my oil change. It happened fairly quickly.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the kind words. We definitely strive to provide both a great product and customer service, and love hearing when we succeed at both. We appreciate your business, and you taking this time to share this review.

Jul. 28th, 2021

Michael Palmetto, FL

So far everything they have told me has been very accurate. They were very honest when I first signed up. When I had my oil changed and tires rotated, they told me how much they would pay and I had no problems at all.

Lyle Rapid City, SD

I received a card in the mail and called them. They said my arranty for my pick-up was expered and I went with them. I used it for an oil change. I didn't think they would work but they did what they said they were going to.

Erica Barnes Sarasota, FL

4 experience and worth the money, nice how you can get reimbursed for certain repairs and regular maintenance including oil changes and batteries. 5 customer service as well and they were very helpful with negotiating the price

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Erica, It sounds like you have been able to take full advantage of you policy, so it's great to get feedback from you on the benefits. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Jeffrey Lawtey, FL

I chose Omega because they called me and I decided to go with them. I needed to have my brakes fixed and they paid for everything except for $122 which was pretty nice. If I hadn't had the coverage, I would have had to pay over $300 to get the brakes fixed.

Cynthia New Hyde Park, NY

Their customer service team is always there when I need them and they always answer questions I have. They are very respectful to me. When I used my warranty, they paid for everything and they dealt with the vendors directly themselves.

Darren Brentwood, TN

I've had a great experience with this company. Whenever I talk to anyone over the phone they give me great service. I needed a part replaced and Omega talked to the auto shop for me and got everything sorted out and taken care of. Now everything works perfectly and worked out just as I expected.

Donald

I originally started with their policy because they did a promotion where you could get three oil changes after signing up with them. I think it takes a little while to get reimbursed when you have your car fixed. I understand that it might take a little longer due to COVID-19, but I still think they should put more attention to getting people paid faster.

Tiffany

Customer service makes sure I get the service needed. They even talk to places I've been to to make sure everything was covered. One time I needed an oil change and went to a place that said wouldn't cover under my warranty. I called Omega and they helped me find a place that would accept them. They made sure I had an appointment scheduled and everything before I went in. They eliminate confusion and make sure everything is being taken care of.

Sandra

Their customer service is awesome! Anytime I call, I never have problems getting through to them and they always take care of my issues. My car just wouldn't start one time and when I called they had me take my car to the dealership to get the battery replaced. They always take care of things in a timely manner. They have the best value and seem to be the best company for my auto care, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience Sandra!

Jul. 28th, 2021

Crystal Chiles Frisco, TX

Excellent customer services! They take their time to speak with you and try to see how they can keep your business and how they can make it better for you. I like how they work with you and not forceing you into something you don't want to do. They even will rached out to you later if you are not sure about what you would like to do at that time. Theu are just a great company to work with.

Thank you for sharing!

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Bonnie Anderson, IN

This warranty was in my budget. Omega has always been polity and ready to help me when I call. I just recently needed to use my warranty because smoke was coming out of my car and it was smelling like coolant. I took it to the Buick body shop and they were going to check it over when I found out that my turbo was leaking nad I neded a new heat gasket. Omega fixed it within days.

Shaquiras Lithonia, GA

Customer service is great. I call them anytime I need something done. I needed to use my warranty in October when my transmission when out and my experience wasn't great. They took a long time to get my transmission and everything done. As far as my policy, they said I would get a rental car when my car needed service, but it was inaccurate because they expect it to come out of your pocket. They don't stipulate that when you sign up for their service. They can do better with communication and stipulation. And they can also do better as far as understanding that some customers have more of a difficult time making sure that payment is paid within 30 days before they close the account out. I think it should be 60 days. They should allow you a little more time.

Mike Edmonton, KY

When I hadn't used it before, they found out there was something wrong with my trip expenses and it was covered so it worked out just fine. There were a couple of things that needed to be replaced. And I went in and had it checked out at the dealership and showed them Omega Auto Care's card and they were very pleased. We are very impressed with the professionalism and speed of taking care of business.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mike, We appreciate your kind review, and it'a always great to hear when we have met the expectations of not just our customers, but also the repair facility. We definitely work on having the most efficient processes as possible, so to hear that it was easy for you to use is fantastic. Safe travels!! -Omega Auto Care

Oct. 10th, 2019

Anonymous Winter Haven, FL

Now when I take it over to the dealership for oil changes, I get the best service. I can afford it.

walter malin Chagrin Falls, OH

Bad Bad Customer service, took my vehicle in Fri, repair facility on hold for over 1 hour, took 5 hours for approval, and most repairs needed were not covered

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Walter, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your most recent claim. I could see why based on the information that you have, but I'm not sure why you are under the impression that it took 5 hours. We spoke to you at 8:54am, your shop filed a claim at 9:04am., and we sent over the authorization form at 9:44am. I hope this shines some light on the situation, and hopefully there was a just a miscommunication somewhere along the way. Regards, Omega Auto Care

Nov. 5th, 2021