Omega Auto Care

9.0

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Eric Stanley Cheraw, SC

This company is a complete ponzi scheme that merely wants to collect your money and not fix your vehicle i paid in almost 2 grand and had a wheel bearing go out. It took them 2 months to mail the dealership a bearing and then i had to pay for rhe labor and i had the highest package. Now they wont fix my power steering pump because of a 2 dollar clamp thats not covered in my policy. This company will be hearing from my attorneys

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mr. Stanley, As you may recall, the part arrived in 4 DAYS, but since you never updated your phone number with your dealership, they couldn't reach you to let you know it arrived. They also never reached out to us to let us know there was a problem, so as far as we knew, you had been well taken care of. Having said that, I reached out to your dealership in regard to the labor difference, and we will be more than happy to refund that. I tried calling you a few times today but was unable to get through. We need to speak to you to verify the address before sending it, so please reach out to us at your convenience. Please call 877-850-0443, choose customer service, and request ext 224. Have a great day!

Mar. 3rd, 2021

motown33 ,

I paid my money in good faith and they didn't honor there side of of the agreement. I had to replace my own transmission.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Hi, Since you didn't write the review with your name, I am unable to locate you, and therefore unable to look into your file and see if we made a mistake or if something else happened. I would love to know what took place with your claim since we most certainly always honor out contracts. Please reach out to our customer service at 877-850-0443 and request ext 224. Have a great day!!

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Raquel New Orleans, LA

So far so good. The staff is very helpful and they make sure to take care of your needs.

Johnnie Johnson Chicago, IL

Good in the areas of communication of my situations

Peggy Hildebrand Charleston, SC

Easy to work with. Helped with several repairs last year.

Elias Maroun Orlando, FL

Expensive monthly rates. Competitors are offering much lower rates for my two vehicles

Erica Barnes Sarasota, FL

4 experience and worth the money, nice how you can get reimbursed for certain repairs and regular maintenance including oil changes and batteries. 5 customer service as well and they were very helpful with negotiating the price

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Erica, It sounds like you have been able to take full advantage of you policy, so it's great to get feedback from you on the benefits. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Blanca Valdez McAllen, TX

Used it once and was very satisfied with their service. I didn’t have any problems with the payment of my repairs.

Marilyn Crousey Latrobe, PA

My Ford Escort needed a pricey repair and Omega took care of it for me.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

We are glad to hear we were able to get you out of a tight spot. Costly surprise repairs are never fun, but Omega Auto Care has your back!

Sonya Outland Houston, TX

Great customer services, respectful and addressed all issues.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing Sonya!!

P. Mills Frederick, MD

3 experience. Deliver what is promised. Will assess more as we go along.

Clinton Oliver Lufkin, TX

Everything has been just as what i was told it would be so far

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Gralyn Chevy Chase, MD

They have great service. Omega is very dependable. I needed a part replaced in my AC and they took care of their portion with no problems.

Jeffrey Lawtey, FL

I chose Omega because they called me and I decided to go with them. I needed to have my brakes fixed and they paid for everything except for $122 which was pretty nice. If I hadn't had the coverage, I would have had to pay over $300 to get the brakes fixed.

Jose Jacksonville, FL

When I want to use my warranty, everything works out just fine and the bill gets paid. The benefits are great in the plan I got.

Cynthia New Hyde Park, NY

Their customer service team is always there when I need them and they always answer questions I have. They are very respectful to me. When I used my warranty, they paid for everything and they dealt with the vendors directly themselves.

John Columbus, OH

I chose Omega Auto Care because my car was getting older and I felt like I should make the investment to have a good warranty. I was originally told something was covered once, but it ended up not being covered under my plan.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

John, We are sorry to hear there has been some confusion in regard to your coverage. We would love to hear more about it. Please send us an email at [email protected] with details about your claim, and we can have a closer look at it. -Omega Auto Care

Emery Pineville, NC

I chose Omega Auto Care because I'm probably going to have major issues with it. Every time I call them they are very helpful and I never have issues with communicating with them about things I have issues with. I've used the oil changes that are included in my warranty and it went pretty smoothly. I didn't have to do much of anything other than give me my warranty card at the time of payment.

Darren Brentwood, TN

I've had a great experience with this company. Whenever I talk to anyone over the phone they give me great service. I needed a part replaced and Omega talked to the auto shop for me and got everything sorted out and taken care of. Now everything works perfectly and worked out just as I expected.

Joseph Chesapeake, VA

At first I thought it was a good coverage plan but it hasn’t turned out that way. I used it to get an oil change once and it took a really long time and they didn’t cover the parts that were specified over the phone.

Elaine Owings Mills, MD

I needed to use my warranty for an oil change and they paid it right away. They are responsive and willing to go out of the box to ensure my satisfaction.

Marticia Millville, NJ

Each and every time I’ve reached out to them to talk, they’ve been able to answer my questions. I use the warranty on a regular basis to get the oil changed on my vehicle.

James Edgewater, FL

It was no problem getting my oil changed. The dealership contacted omega and they said yes and they paid it in a timely manner. I am really impressed.

Phyllis Milwaukee, WI

I’ve used it for oil change and as of now it is good. I want to keep my car running well.

John Plunkett Mobjack, VA

I got the free oil change! The service call to get this done was professional and friendly.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Mar. 5th, 2021

KSJ

Good ones every person I spoke with was professional

They are willing to work with me and adjusted the price to a level that I could handle a little better. I understand the benefits and the pricing. I recently used it for a refund for an oil change.

Allen

Most of the repairs that you’re going to do are going to be hundred percent out of pocket with this particular plan. The warranty doesn’t cover the stuff that regularly breaks on a car. I feel like it was a waste of money. A lot of the places I have taken my car into to have it serviced were not familiar with the process and it can be a little but cumbersome for them to have to fax over the invoice and getting approvals for the repairs. It is kind of a big process and I assume they do it that way to discourage people from using the service.

Pete

too slow to send the check, it took them 4 weeks

Eron Taylor

Bad service, not a good way to keep customers

John Edward Sanders

Awesome excellent service. The customer service representative was very professional, courteous to me!

Lucinda Miller

Easy to have promised, free oil change coverage applied. Went well.

Kyle Michelsen

I've been completely satisfied with the coverage from Omega Auto Care. I got a free oil change as well as $100 to the replacement of my battery when I needed a replacement. Customer service has always been fast, friendly and reliable.

Have made one warranty clain thus far. Omega was very prompt and accurate in answering my questions and explaining what's covered. Mostly they worked directly with my service provider.

Gary

It takes a while to get ahold of someone in their customer service. They got my car fixed when it needed service done. I don't like that after you pay a premium each month that you have to pay more on top of that if you need something fixed.

Eleanor

Omega Auto Care gives good service. I've had no problems with getting anything they've offered me. Once I got an oil change and had no problems getting it done, they took care of it. They have a really good extended warranty and give you extra free things along with it.

I've used my warranty a few times and every time that I have it's been great. If I've had an issue with my vehicle it's been covered and taken care of. Their customer service is pretty good other than waiting a long time to get through to them.

Diane

I was able to use the insurance to get my oil changed and it all worked out successfully. They paid for almost all of it. I was having an issue where each month someone would constantly be calling me asking if I have the insurance and I kept telling them I had them and hadn't cancelled it yet.

Donald

I originally started with their policy because they did a promotion where you could get three oil changes after signing up with them. I think it takes a little while to get reimbursed when you have your car fixed. I understand that it might take a little longer due to COVID-19, but I still think they should put more attention to getting people paid faster.

Elliot

The service I needed covered isn't covered under their warranty. I ended up having to pay out of pocket after I took my car to the dealer.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Elliot, We can only cover the items listed in your contract. The level of coverage you purchase is based on the mileage on your vehicle at the time you purchase the policy. I could clarify things a little better if I know exactly what failed and what level of coverage you have. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call at 877-850-0443 ext 224.

Mar. 5th, 2021

Gay Lynn

Their pricing is very reasonable. After signing up, everything has been done as expected. I went in for an oil change and submitted my form. I received my check in about four weeks.

Maudelyne

Their customer service is great at helping me. I have used them to get my oil changed

Kevin

I had a window motor blow out and it was all fixed within a week. The dealer ordered the part and Omega Auto Care covered the bill.

Jeremy

I went with Omega because they include maintenance in their warranty. One time I got my battery replaced and they reimbursed me. It was a very easy process. They are harder to contact, and it is an expensive service.

Tiffany

Customer service makes sure I get the service needed. They even talk to places I've been to to make sure everything was covered. One time I needed an oil change and went to a place that said wouldn't cover under my warranty. I called Omega and they helped me find a place that would accept them. They made sure I had an appointment scheduled and everything before I went in. They eliminate confusion and make sure everything is being taken care of.

Patricia

They are very prompt in resolving issues in their customer service department. I have liked using the Mechanic's Choice portion of our warranty that reimburses us for some of the cost for battery replacement and oil changes.

Tony

I like everything about Omega Auto Care except for how long it takes for reimbursement. If you pay out of pocket and do reimbursement it can take up to two months to get a check.

Travis

They provided everything they said they would. I've used them for oil changes and maintenance reimbursement and they have always been easy to work with.

Sandra

Their customer service is awesome! Anytime I call, I never have problems getting through to them and they always take care of my issues. My car just wouldn't start one time and when I called they had me take my car to the dealership to get the battery replaced. They always take care of things in a timely manner. They have the best value and seem to be the best company for my auto care, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Andres

I haven't had any issues with this company at all, everything in the process has been pretty smooth. They have preventative care in their warranty which I used to get my oil changed.