Omega Auto Care

9.1

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Connie Price Portland, OR

I only just got on the plan. I went to have my car serviced at one of the designated shops and it went seamlessly. The auto shop I chose is family owned. Their people were friendly and efficient and got me in and out quickly. I feel confident that I'll get good service with them in the future. Payment was seamless with my Omega plan.

La Trecia Jones Washington, DC

I haven't had any problems or concerns. Everything as been good so far. I appreciate the payment plan.

Myra Patrick Broken Arrow, OK

Have problems with my car overheating took it to the dealer they had no problems with Omega fulfilling the warranty to fix the problem.

Sonja Yolanda Ross Stoughton, MA

Wonderful Customer service and very respectable and much knowledge in all areas that I needed information in regards to.

Michael Dennis Mitchell Marble Falls, TX

They always took care of every bill for covered components! No hassle.

Quavon Major Newport News, VA

Great to have saved you money in the long run great company and great customer service reps

Stephanie Harris Decatur, GA

They do honor what they say so far. Customer service were very helpful. My agent explained everything to me.

Ashley Tuscaloosa, AL

The package they offer is nice and customer service is nice and it gives you peace of mind that other insurance companies don’t offer. It was super simple to use when I used it on my oil change. It happened fairly quickly.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the kind words. We definitely strive to provide both a great product and customer service, and love hearing when we succeed at both. We appreciate your business, and you taking this time to share this review.

Michael Palmetto, FL

So far everything they have told me has been very accurate. They were very honest when I first signed up. When I had my oil changed and tires rotated, they told me how much they would pay and I had no problems at all.

Lyle Rapid City, SD

I received a card in the mail and called them. They said my arranty for my pick-up was expered and I went with them. I used it for an oil change. I didn't think they would work but they did what they said they were going to.

Altonise Havana, FL

They offered me the benefits in the package that I needed to me meet my financial goals with my vehicle. The customer service rep wet out of his way to make sure the package met my needs. He really knew all the information.

Craig Tuscaloosa, AL

Omega Auto Care had the best service for the price. I would give them a 4 just because they didn't cover when I did have the transmission issue. The only other thing I could say is for the maintenance reimbursement they take a long time, like for oil changes and stuff it takes a month to month and a half to get the reimbursement.

Emery Pineville, NC

I chose Omega Auto Care because I'm probably going to have major issues with it. Every time I call them they are very helpful and I never have issues with communicating with them about things I have issues with. I've used the oil changes that are included in my warranty and it went pretty smoothly. I didn't have to do much of anything other than give me my warranty card at the time of payment.

Mary Brant, MI

Cheaper than Car Shield but they don’t always get back to you when you want them to and it does take some time for them to reimburse you, it took me about four weeks to get my money for my oil change.

Harmon Columbia, SC

Overall it has been a great experience. Everything went well to get my oil change done. Every time I’ve contacted customer service, I have gotten great feedback.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for being part of the Omega Auto Care family!

Sylvenia Flowers Montrose Heights, VA

No worry call when need customer service

3 hours ago

seanth57 Columbus, GA

I recently filed a claim, for a issue with my car, the car wouldn't start, when I contacted them about the problem, they told me to take the car to the mechanic, everything worked out smoothly, the car was repaired without any hassles.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing, and for choosing Omega!

Aug. 10th, 2021

Erica Barnes Sarasota, FL

4 experience and worth the money, nice how you can get reimbursed for certain repairs and regular maintenance including oil changes and batteries. 5 customer service as well and they were very helpful with negotiating the price

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Erica, It sounds like you have been able to take full advantage of you policy, so it's great to get feedback from you on the benefits. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Cynthia New Hyde Park, NY

Their customer service team is always there when I need them and they always answer questions I have. They are very respectful to me. When I used my warranty, they paid for everything and they dealt with the vendors directly themselves.

Darren Brentwood, TN

I've had a great experience with this company. Whenever I talk to anyone over the phone they give me great service. I needed a part replaced and Omega talked to the auto shop for me and got everything sorted out and taken care of. Now everything works perfectly and worked out just as I expected.

Jeffrey Lawtey, FL

I chose Omega because they called me and I decided to go with them. I needed to have my brakes fixed and they paid for everything except for $122 which was pretty nice. If I hadn't had the coverage, I would have had to pay over $300 to get the brakes fixed.

Tiffany

Customer service makes sure I get the service needed. They even talk to places I've been to to make sure everything was covered. One time I needed an oil change and went to a place that said wouldn't cover under my warranty. I called Omega and they helped me find a place that would accept them. They made sure I had an appointment scheduled and everything before I went in. They eliminate confusion and make sure everything is being taken care of.

Donald

I originally started with their policy because they did a promotion where you could get three oil changes after signing up with them. I think it takes a little while to get reimbursed when you have your car fixed. I understand that it might take a little longer due to COVID-19, but I still think they should put more attention to getting people paid faster.

Sandra

Their customer service is awesome! Anytime I call, I never have problems getting through to them and they always take care of my issues. My car just wouldn't start one time and when I called they had me take my car to the dealership to get the battery replaced. They always take care of things in a timely manner. They have the best value and seem to be the best company for my auto care, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience Sandra!

Don Longmont, CO

Good service that is fair and no large out of pocket expenses though they could be more clear from the beginning what my account it about.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your business

Ronald Saint Louis, MO

I chose them because the prices were great. I used them for an oil change and they took care of me and great in great fashion

Kyle Michelsen

I've been completely satisfied with the coverage from Omega Auto Care. I got a free oil change as well as $100 to the replacement of my battery when I needed a replacement. Customer service has always been fast, friendly and reliable.

Eleanor

Omega Auto Care gives good service. I've had no problems with getting anything they've offered me. Once I got an oil change and had no problems getting it done, they took care of it. They have a really good extended warranty and give you extra free things along with it.

Robert Thomasson

Had to use omega for the first time. Customer care made it easy and very helpful. When at dealership getting repairs the cov19 had things slow down on authorization. But customer service jump into action and went beyond the call of duty and help me get all

Rachel Butler

My experience so far has been great. Customer service is wonderful. I have not had any problems so far. When it was time for a oil change, it was on a Saturday and they close on Saturday, so I had to used my money to pay, they reimburse me with no problems.

Crystal Chiles Frisco, TX

Excellent customer services! They take their time to speak with you and try to see how they can keep your business and how they can make it better for you. I like how they work with you and not forceing you into something you don't want to do. They even will rached out to you later if you are not sure about what you would like to do at that time. Theu are just a great company to work with.

Thank you for sharing!

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Bonnie Anderson, IN

This warranty was in my budget. Omega has always been polity and ready to help me when I call. I just recently needed to use my warranty because smoke was coming out of my car and it was smelling like coolant. I took it to the Buick body shop and they were going to check it over when I found out that my turbo was leaking nad I neded a new heat gasket. Omega fixed it within days.

Shaquiras Lithonia, GA

Customer service is great. I call them anytime I need something done. I needed to use my warranty in October when my transmission when out and my experience wasn't great. They took a long time to get my transmission and everything done. As far as my policy, they said I would get a rental car when my car needed service, but it was inaccurate because they expect it to come out of your pocket. They don't stipulate that when you sign up for their service. They can do better with communication and stipulation. And they can also do better as far as understanding that some customers have more of a difficult time making sure that payment is paid within 30 days before they close the account out. I think it should be 60 days. They should allow you a little more time.

Mike Edmonton, KY

When I hadn't used it before, they found out there was something wrong with my trip expenses and it was covered so it worked out just fine. There were a couple of things that needed to be replaced. And I went in and had it checked out at the dealership and showed them Omega Auto Care's card and they were very pleased. We are very impressed with the professionalism and speed of taking care of business.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Mike, We appreciate your kind review, and it'a always great to hear when we have met the expectations of not just our customers, but also the repair facility. We definitely work on having the most efficient processes as possible, so to hear that it was easy for you to use is fantastic. Safe travels!! -Omega Auto Care

Oct. 10th, 2019

Barb carstens Cincinnati, OH

After the dealer ship dealt with this company they told me how much the appreciated the ease of working with this company to get their payment for the oil change.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Darlene Gretna, VA

It is the price range I can afford. They have answered all my questions and helped me with whatever I’ve called about.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

I am happy to hear we were able to answer all of your questions Darlene!

Joe Ruiz San Antonio, TX

Lack customers service skills extremely rude and not very useful policy

Marticia Millville, NJ

Each and every time I’ve reached out to them to talk, they’ve been able to answer my questions. I use the warranty on a regular basis to get the oil changed on my vehicle.

Elaine Owings Mills, MD

I needed to use my warranty for an oil change and they paid it right away. They are responsive and willing to go out of the box to ensure my satisfaction.

Patricia

They are very prompt in resolving issues in their customer service department. I have liked using the Mechanic's Choice portion of our warranty that reimburses us for some of the cost for battery replacement and oil changes.

Gay Lynn

Their pricing is very reasonable. After signing up, everything has been done as expected. I went in for an oil change and submitted my form. I received my check in about four weeks.

I've used my warranty a few times and every time that I have it's been great. If I've had an issue with my vehicle it's been covered and taken care of. Their customer service is pretty good other than waiting a long time to get through to them.

Diane

I was able to use the insurance to get my oil changed and it all worked out successfully. They paid for almost all of it. I was having an issue where each month someone would constantly be calling me asking if I have the insurance and I kept telling them I had them and hadn't cancelled it yet.

Andres

I haven't had any issues with this company at all, everything in the process has been pretty smooth. They have preventative care in their warranty which I used to get my oil changed.

Anita Tampa, FL

I’ve been recommending Omega Auto Care toe everybody. They have excellent customer service, it’s responsive and user friendly. Easiest company I’ve worked with. I had to get my brakes done recently and the warranty covered a hundred and forty dollars. They seem to really care about their product. I am a pretty happy customer.

Marvin Delta, OH

So far every time I’ve used them, they’ve always been very nice. They give you free oil changes and maintenance for the first year so we’ve used it for oil change twice and got a wiper blade. It’s been very good. They keep taking care of our problems. They’re trustworthy and pay the bills that need to be paid.

Ralph Cynthiana, KY

They amount of money I pay is good compared to everybody else that has ever called me for the same service. they are very trustworthy. There is no joking around, everything is precise. The care is excellent. When I had my oil changed, I was reimbursed a good portion of the price.

Kimberly Ocean Springs, MS

I trust omega. I value omega. I would highly recommend omega. Their customer service and everything makes it worth it. I had my battery fail me and they reimbursed me for my brand new battery. I am satisfied with omega. It is worth the money.

Bryan Santa Anna, TX

It can be hard to get a hold of customer support and it takes them a while but it is cheaper than what they offered me at the dealership and it helped me get parts for my car when my brakes went out. The reimbursement check came within a week or two.

Anonymous Louisville, KY

I appreciate the simplicity of the way Omega does stuff. The terms of the contract were explained in great detail. The service offered were what was directly impacting my needs. The support team is responsive. The greatest feature is the reimbursement for the products.