Here at Best Company, we are determined to help consumers feel confident in their purchasing decision by bringing unbiased reviews and summaries of companies. In order to provide an even more in depth and complete review of available car warranty companies, we are offering a compiled list of the top five rated companies on our site:
- Omega Autocare
- Liberty Bell Auto Protect
We delve into each company's prices and plans available, as well as a comprehensive breakdown of hundreds of verified reviews for each company, making the reviews easily digestible so you can know what consumers really think of the company and what their experiences with the company were like. Before looking into specific companies, make sure that you know exactly what a car warranty is, how it can help you, and if you need it.
Liberty Bell Auto Protects offers three car warranty plans. It has plans available for cars dating to the year 2000 and its mileage limit is 150,000.
- Platinum — Platinum is the most affordable plan that Liberty Bell Auto Protect offers. The platinum plan provides the most limited coverage compared to the other plans. This plan covers the engine, transmission, cooling system, electrical system, drive axle, brake system, 4X4 AWD, 24-7 road side assistance, rental car reimbursement, out of gas, dead battery, trip interruption, and towing.
- Platinum Plus — Platinum plus covers the engine, transmission, cooling system, electrical system, drive axle, brake system, 4X4 AWD, 24-7 road side assistance, rental car reimbursement, out of gas, dead battery, trip interruption, towing, and the steering system.
- Platinum Prime — Platinum prime covers the engine, transmission, cooling system, electrical system, drive axle, brake system, 4X4 AWD, 24-7 road side assistance, rental car reimbursement, out of gas, dead battery, trip interruption, towing, the steering system, air conditioning, fuel system, abs-brakes, suspension, turbo/super charger, seals, gaskets, and GPS navigation.
We did not receive a response from Liberty Bell Auto Protect on its pricing, nor was any pricing information available on its website. However, many of the customer reviews on our site said Liberty Bell Auto Protect offered affordable pricing.
Review information from Best Company
Overall, the experiences that customer have had with Liberty Bell Auto Protect varied. The percentage of customers reporting a negative car repair experience where their claim was not accepted or their wait time was longer than expected was about the same as the number of customers who had a positive car repair experience. Liberty Bell Auto Protect also offers some of the lowest prices for their available plans and has high-rated customer service. Our advice, make sure you know exactly what you want covered going into the purchasing process so you're not surprised if your maintenance claim on your car gets rejected when it comes time to use your car warranty.
- New car diamond — This plan is similar to the factory warranty. The coverage includes everything from engine and transmission failure to service for starter and fuel pump breakdowns.
- Comprehensive — This plan is best suited for a vehicle with higher miles. The coverage includes your vehicle's engine, transmission, AC, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
- Powertrain — This plan is CarShield's most affordable policy. The coverage includes the most important parts of a vehicle, including all lubricated parts on your engine, transmission, and water pump.
- Specialty coverage — This plan is designed to cover most electrical and computer related repair costs problems, including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
- Hightech — This vehicle service contract is great for covering most electrical and computer related repair costs problems including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
- Specialty — CarShield also offers a variety of different types of coverage that cover motorcycles and other special circumstances.
We did not receive a response from CarShield on its pricing, nor was any pricing information available on its website. However, we are aware that its most affordable coverage plan is its Powertrain policy.
Review information from Best Company
Here, at Best Company, we would suggest exercising caution when considering purchasing a car warranty from CarShield. A much larger percentage of the reviews received at Best Company were negative comments compared to other car warranty companies on our site. Consumers reported confusion about what was actually covered within their contract and long wait times when it came to filing a claim. Some consumers shared experiences of their repair not being covered by CarShield in the end. Others stated that customer service was easy to work with during the process of actually setting up their plan with CarShield. We advise those looking into purchasing a car warranty with CarShield to ensure that they have a detailed written contract to go along with their purchase so they know everything that they are signing up for.
At CARCHEX, every plan includes roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and towing benefits.
- Titanium Coverage — This is the highest level of coverage offered that is often referred to as "bumper to bumper" coverage. This plan covers many parts of your vehicle but does have some limitations. Examples of what is not covered are; car paint, carpeting, upholstery, toro, wheels, seat belts, seat heaters, headlights, taillights, and more. This plan covers new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Platinum Coverage — This is the highest level of stated-component coverage that CARCHEX offers. This plan covers new and pre-owned vehicles. It does not cover brake pads, rotors, batteries, air filters, coolants, wheels, etc. The standard deductible on this plan is $100 per claim.
- Gold Coverage — This includes components from all the major systems of the vehicle and is compatible for vehicles that have 90,000 miles or more. The standard deductible on this plan is $100 per claim. This plan covers new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Silver Coverage — This plan covers the essentials of the major systems in the vehicle and is available for vehicles that have higher mileage. The exact mileage was not available on CARCHEX's website. This plan does not cover brake pads, batteries, air filers, oil filters, wheels, rust, corrosion, and more. This plan covers new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Bronze Coverage — This plan covers the major systems in your car and covers many of the most expensive repairs that would be needed for your engine and transmission. This plan covers pre-owned vehicles only.
CARCHEX is unique in the sense that they are more of a marketplace where other coverage providers compete for your business. This method can sometimes help with finding lower price levels for the coverage that you are seeking.
Review Information from Best Company
In their reviews, many people cited that their customer service is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The customers shared that they were able to find the right amount of coverage for their needs and that they were helped in understanding their policies. Others mentioned a fair pricing model and positive experiences when they had to file a claim. However, others mentioned that they had to endure long waits to get their claims approved. Overall, it seems that CARCHEX has many positive qualities but we advise you to ensure you know exactly what is included in your contract so you know what will be covered and what will not.
- Exclusionary — This plan extends coverage to virtually all mechanical and electrical components in the vehicle unless a part is specifically listed as not covered. An exclusionary-type policy is the most comprehensive vehicle protection plan you can purchase, and is most comparable to the manufacturer’s original warranty.
- High Level Stated Component — This plan provides coverage for an extensive list of named components within the following major systems: Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, Drive Axle, Steering, Electrical, Air Conditioning, Braking, Cooling, Fuel System and Seals and Gaskets. The High Level Stated Component plan is a cost-effective alternative to an exclusionary plan.
- Mid Level Stated Component — This plan includes the coverage provided in its Powertrain Plus plans, as well as named additional components within the Steering, Suspension, Fuel Delivery, Cooling and Braking systems. Mid Level Stated Component plan is designed for older, higher mileage vehicles that might not be eligible for the High Level or Exclusionary coverage plans.
- Powertrain Stated Component — This plan provides named-component coverage for the essential, major systems including: Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, Drive Axle, and Differential Assembly. It also has plan options that cover additional components for the Electrical, Air Conditioning and Fuel Systems. The Powertrain Stated Component plan is designed for older, higher mileage vehicles that might not be eligible for the High Level or Exclusionary coverage plans.
Pricing varies widely by year/make/model/mileage and state of residence. Best way to illustrate pricing is to give a few examples of recent actual sales from a couple of popular states where pricing is fixed (no discounting allowed).
- 2013 Subaru Outback with 25,400 miles: $3,346.96, $0 deductible, 5 yrs / 50,000 miles
- 2016 GMC Sierra with 36800 miles: $1,824, $100 deductible, 4 yrs / 40,000 miles
- 2009 Cadillac DTS with 41,000 miles: $4,022.00, $100 deductible 5 yrs / 34,000 miles
High Level Stated Component Coverage
- 2017 Dodge Challenger with 29,300 miles: $2,001.00, $100 deductible, 4 yrs / 40,000 miles
- 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with 66,000 miles: $2958.00, $100 deductible, 4 yrs / 34,000 miles
- 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche with 26,400 miles: 2,990.00, $50 deductible, 4 yrs / 60,000 miles
Powertrain Stated Component Coverage
- 2010 Mazda CX-7 with 138,000 miles: $2,675.00, $100 deductible, 4 yrs / 48,000 miles
- 2008 BMW 550i, with 139,600 miles: $4,170.00, $100 deductible, 4 yrs / 48,000 miles
Review Information from Best Company
The reviews left by verified autopom! customers are overwhelmingly positive. The largest majority of the reviews mentioned how helpful and easy to work with their customer service was. Many cited their competitive pricing and that they were satisfied with the pricing deal that they were getting. A much larger percentage of autopom! customers shared positive review experiences than negative. Many shared experiences of quick responses by autopom! and ease of getting the claim processed. Overall, we would recommend autopom!
When you have a contract with Omega Auto Care, you will be protected by 24-hour Roadside Assistance for the following:
- Jump starts
- Flat tire changes
- Vehicle fluid delivery
- Concierge services
- Lockout services
Tire Hazard protection:
- Tire repair up to $20, or $100 towards replacement of an irreparable qualified tire.
- All policies provide rental assistance benefits, which vary based on level of coverage.
- It will reimburse up to $250 for food and lodging if stranded more than 100 miles from home.
Its coverage plans offer a variety of benefits for vehicle owners so they don’t have to worry when something goes wrong. Plan prices vary based on the year, make, and model of the vehicle.
About Omega Auto Care Coverage Plans Omega Auto Care wants its customers to be covered no matter what kind of vehicle they have. Because of that, it offers five coverage options for our customers. Coverage plans start as low as $59.99.
The New Exclusionary — This option is for vehicles that are current model year + 7 model years with less than 100,000 odometer miles at point of purchase. This option covers repairs on almost all component systems.
The Used Stated Coverage — This option is for vehicles that are current model + 10 model years with less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan covers most of the component systems.
The Powertrain Protection — This option is available at 3 levels and is for vehicles that are current models + 15 model years and less than 250,000 odometer miles. This option covers systems such as engine, transmission, transfer case, and drive axles.
Coverage plans start as low as $59.99.
Breakdown of Consumer Reviews
Overall, it seems that consumers had a positive experience using Omega Auto Care. More than anything, its consumers reported a positive repair experience where Omega Auto Care’s customer service was quick to respond to their claim and ultimately paid for the repair. Many customers also reported that its customer service was helpful and knowledgeable and that they felt they gave them all the necessary information they needed to understand what was included in their agreement with Omega Auto Care. We would recommend considering Omega Auto Care when considering a car warranty company because of their overwhelmingly positive reviews.
As with any large purchase, we advise that you ensure that you know exactly what is included and not included in your car warranty contract. Before talking with any of the customer support representatives, have a detailed list of things that you want included in your car warranty plan and also a few things that you feel are not necessary. This will help you get the best car warranty plan for you.