CarShield has had the privilege of protecting over 500,000 vehicles since its founding in 2005. Their goal is to “provide exceptional experience by providing every owner of a vehicle with a dependable, reliable, and affordable solution to unexpected and costly repairs.” CarShield offers a wide range of vehicle service plans, and they’re set up to be very flexible. They are determined to make it easy for you to customize a plan that fits your needs perfectly.
- Variety of Warranty Plans
- Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan
- Other Features
Variety of Warranty Plans
CarShield offers a variety of warranty plans to fit your budget and your car protection needs:
- New Car: This vehicle service contract is similar to the manufacturer's new car warranty. It covers everything from engine and transmission failure to starter and fuel pump breakdowns.
- Comprehensive: This vehicle service contract is the best coverage option for a vehicle with miles on it. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, AC, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
- Powertrain: This vehicle service contract is their most affordable policy. It covers the most important parts of your vehicle, including all lubricated parts on your engine, transmission, and water pump.
- Hightech: This vehicle service contract is great for covering most electrical and computer related problems including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
- Motorcycle: This vehicle service contract is similar to the Comprehensive coverage for automobiles. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump and more.
Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan
Not only CarShield offers powertrain warranty plan, which is their most affordable plan, but they also offer powertrain plus warranty plan. This plan is perfect for cars with high milage, with CarShield you are allowed 200k max mileage. This vehicle service contract is great coverage for major and minor vehicle parts, including your engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, starter, A/C—even your power windows.
CarShield offers other features to their customers upon request. All CarShield auto repairs have a very low or nonexistent deductible. Your repairs will be fixed 100% free, or you’ll be responsible for a minimal deductible. Other features are as follows:
- Courtesy towing anytime your car breaks down
- Your car’s engine, axle, and transmission are covered in all CarShield contracts.
- CarShield provides a free rental car in some of our vehicle service plans.
- CarShield is there to deal with vehicle breakdowns 24/7, all year.
- Mechanics that are certified by the ASE’s Blue Seal of Excellence
- Towing will transport you and your car to a safe place for free.
- Lack of Transparency
- Basic Warranty Length
Lack of Transparency
In spite of offering variety of warranty plans, Car Shield, when compared to other extended service plan brokers is significantly less transparent than other brokers. The website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees. To receive your price, you need to request a free quote through their website.
Basic Warranty Length
CarShield does not disclose options for the length of its warranties on its website because warranty length is dependent upon auto manufacturer, model, and mileage. In order to obtain warranty length information, potential customers must request a quote on their website.
The Bottom Line
CarShield have been providing services to their customers for the past 12 years. Over time they have gained customers’ trust through their outstanding customer service and customizable warranty plans. With variety of warranty plans, CarShield guarantees you will find the plan that will work for your car and your budget. Additional service features will make it simple and stress-free to make sure your vehicle is in good hands. However, lack of transparency on their website might make it difficult to know the prices and other fees you might be paying for your warranty plan.