CarShield

5.6

LAST UPDATED: August 31st, 2022

CarShield has been providing car warranty services to customers for over 15 years. Over time, CarShield has gained customers' trust through its outstanding customer service and customizable coverage plans. With the variety of car warranty plans, CarShield guarantees consumers will find the plan that will work for their car and budget.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Kevin Babb from Lake Wales, FLb

"We did have a claim for a parts and labor job that our car needed and CarShield came through like they said they would. We recommend CarShield to everyone."

CarShield has provided vehicle protection to over 1,000,000 cars since its founding in 2005. Its goal is to "provide an exceptional experience by providing every owner of a vehicle with a dependable, reliable, and affordable solution to unexpected and costly repairs." CarShield offers plans for new cars, used cars, and motorcycles. Each of these plans are designed to be flexible to make it easy for the consumer to customize a plan that fits perfectly to their needs.

Car owners should be aware that extended car warranties do not cover car repairs resulting from normal wear and tear or failure to properly maintain the vehicle. An extended auto warranty also does not cover pre-existing conditions on the vehicle. It is crucial to keep up to date on the maintenance of your vehicle to prevent voiding your car warranty. An extended car warranty is not car insurance. Car insurance helps cover accident repair costs and liability for accidents. To find an insurance policy, research car insurance providers. An extended warranty is also not a manufacturer's warranty. A manufacturer's warranty typically comes with the purchase of a new vehicle and when this warranty expires you cannot get a new manufacturer's warranty. An extended car warranty must be purchased separately.

Read verified CarShield reviews from real CarShield consumers.

The Good

• Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Monthly Plans
  • Other Features
  • Excellent Customer Service

Variety of Warranty Plans

CarShield offers a variety of vehicle service contracts to fit car owners' budgets and their car protection service needs. Each offers a unique level of coverage, giving customers options depending on their coverage needs. CarShield offers coverage for cars with up to 250,000 miles on them. This gives those who have cars with higher mileage the opportunity to purchase a car warranty.

• Diamond — This plan is most similar to the factory warranty that accompanies a new car. It covers practically all the electrical and mechanical parts on the vehicle, ranging from engine and transmission failures to starter problems, and even the computers and sensors within the vehicle.
  • Platinum — This vehicle service contract is very similar to the Diamond protection plan. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, air conditioner, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
  • Gold — Gold coverage is ideal for vehicles with over 100,000 miles. This includes the engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, starter, air conditioner, and power windows
  • Silver — This is the most affordable plan CarShield offers to protect the most essential components in a vehicle, such as the engine, transmission, drive axle, and water pump.
  • Aluminum — Since more modern cars have electrical and electronic systems that can be difficult to repair or replace, this plan covers the most advanced systems in a car. This also includes things like basic computer control systems and the infotainment system within a vehicle. This plan does not cover the Power Train on a vehicle.
  • Other — In this category of CarShield’s plans, you will find a number of options that cover unorthodox types of vehicles. These can include things like motorcycle coverage, ATV coverage, and more.

CarShield's extended warranty plans are for new and pre-owned vehicles.

Monthly Plans

In addition to providing plans that are term-based, such as five years and 60,000 miles of coverage, CarShield offers contracts that renew on a monthly basis so you can keep the coverage on your vehicle for as long as you choose.

Other Features

CarShield offers other features to its clients upon request. All CarShield auto repairs have a very low or nonexistent deductible. When you need a covered repair, it will be fixed 100 percent free, or the customer will be responsible for a minimal deductible for repairs.

Other features are as follows:

• Courtesy towing anytime your car breaks down
  • Car's engine, axle, and transmission are a few car repairs covered in each CarShield contract
  • Rental car reimbursement with most vehicle service plans
  • 24/7 roadside assistance for vehicle breakdowns

These additional features add value to CarShield's warranties by enhancing client service. Roadside assistance offers peace of mind because car owners can receive help wherever they are on the road. Vehicle service contracts that include rental car coverage offer additional peace of mind because clients know they'll have reliable transportation and financial stability through receiving compensation for a rental car with their extended car warranty benefits.

Allowing clients to choose their repair shop for necessary car repairs, as long as the mechanic is ASE-certified, gives clients flexibility and greater confidence that their car is repaired well. It also allows clients to find more cost-effective repair options than those available at the dealership.

Excellent Customer Service

Overall, the verified reviews that have been left here at Best Company have called customer service at CarShield, "excellent," "quick and painless experience," and "loyal to their customer." CarShield strives to provide great customer service by also offering an option to receive a free quote for coverage, as well as an online form for comments, suggestions, and questions. The company's website is easy to navigate and includes online options to file a claim, check the status of your claim if you already filed a claim, or opt out of mailings or promotions. Overall, the consumers who have left their reviews on Best Company have had positive experiences with CarShield's customer service representatives.

The Bad

Limited General Cost and Contract Information

In spite of offering a variety of warranty plans, CarShield is less transparent with its prices than other extended car warranty companies.

The website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees. However, although it does not disclose the specific CarShield cost up front, potential clients can learn the cost of a car warranty through CarShield by requesting a free quote. To receive a free quote, car owners must input their car's make, model, and mileage.

While it can be frustrating for potential clients not to be able to see general information about warranty cost, it is not uncommon for car warranty companies to not put an exact price on their website because the warranty cost varies based on the warranty selected, age of the car, make, model, and odometer reading (mileage). Extended warranties will vary greatly depending on what vehicle you drive.

By working with a CarShield representative, potential clients can learn more specific information about their service contract options and payment plans and compare it against the costs provided by other warranty companies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, CarShield is a great option for those looking to purchase an extended warranty for their vehicle. Their wide range of coverage options and their low deductible can make CarShield a more attractive option for those trying to get the most out of their plan.

CarShield's offering of monthly plans makes the company the most flexible option to go with and eliminates the high price of term contracts that are the industry standard.

Additional service features, like rental car reimbursement, roadside assistance, and choice of repair facility for car repairs, will make it simple and stress-free to ensure that your vehicle is in good hands. It also helps clients save money by avoiding the high cost of getting car repairs done at a dealership. However, lack of transparency on the website might make it difficult to know the prices and other fees you will have to pay for your warranty plan. Specific contract information for each plan is also not readily accessible on its website.

Since online general information is limited, it is important to work with a CarShield representative to learn specific details about its warranty services, like cost, availability of flexible payment plans, and what protection plan options are available to you. CarShield representatives work with each customer to find affordable coverage options that offer high value.

Furthermore, reading verified CarShield reviews from consumers like you is crucial to determining if an extended warranty through CarShield is a good fit for you. The reviews found on Best Company include negative reviews where some have called CarShield a scam and have also reported having difficulty with CarShield claims. Do extensive research before purchasing a CarShield extended warranty.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

Message from
CarShield

We provide a distinct advantage to our customers by shopping the motor vehicle service contract marketplace to give them the best coverage with the best, A+ rated, and BBB Accredited Service Contract Providers for the best price. We respect each individual customer and stay sensitive to their specific needs and requirements. We strive to continuously exceed our customers' expectations as a leader in excellence in our industry and to supply outstanding service and solutions for each customer’s individual needs.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.7

Collins Maranga Harbor Beach, MI

This is a scam! I have been a customer for 2 months. My van currently needs transmission repair according to the dealership mechanic. It has been in the dealership repair facility for 1 week, mechanic has submitted diagnosis information and now the Car Shield people are instructing the dealership mechanic to take the transmission apart for an adjuster to check it out at my cost ($3,111.69). Mechanic explained that the standard of practice according to the service bulletin from the vehicle manufacturer is to check for the codes and if the specific five codes come up, it means that the transmission has failed and needs replacement. It does not need to be taken apart and repaired because it is sent back to the manufacturer and a replacement sent to dealership. The dealership wants $3111 before the part can be taken apart because they are afraid they will not be paid by the warranty company. They claim to help people not to have a headache and spend too much in repairs - A gimmick to draw people in. Having read other reviews, I'm worried that I have been scammed too! This is terrible!! This is a current experience for me.

Reply from CarShield

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out to you shortly and will also contact your service contract administrator and request that they review your claim. Kind Regards, Customer Relations

Sep. 2nd, 2022

Marsann Jones Charlotte, NC

I am absolutely disappointed with this service. My vehicle has been at the dealership for approximately 30 days. Spoke with the dealership and the dealership informed me that car shield was the hold up. Spoke with car shield who is really American auto shield. Carshield just sold the policy (deception 1). Found out my claim went to client relations or customer relations because my vehicle has a salvage title. The claim was sent to client relations on Thursday July 14, it took me calling myself on July 20th to get a response. Low and behold the response was the claim was denied. The claim was denied due to the "salvage title". First of all, did not know what a salvage title was or had ever heard of it. Rep explained what it was. Next issue, if this is an issue that would prevent repairs to taking place why wasn't this disclosed at the purchase of the contract. Response "this is very uncommon and we can't see that at time of enrollment". This is because I asked the rep when you ask for the vin# don't you guys look this information up. So it does not show up when you purchase the contract, but it shows up once a customer needs the service. Then the rep also told me that part of the reason it went to client relations is because the surcharge that a salvage title vehicle should have wasn't in the contract. Of course it wasn't because that wasn't mentioned as a clause nor was that asked. Then after I go through all these loop halls, the resolution is to add the sur charge for future claims. Explain why would I at an upset moment ( very upset, you can hear it in my voice because I was almost in tears, but trying to maintain some sense of decorum) would you ask me to pay additional money for future claims and my car is currently at dealership, been there for 30 days,etc.) Then I asked well since I wasn't aware and you clearly see that can I pay the back surcharge and then can the car be repaired. Flat out no. I spoke with 3 different people who were very scripted, cut and dry, there is nothing we can do. I am absolutely disgusted, I feel that I was deceived and sold this contract under false pretenses. Also, I am not a person who writes reviews, just to let you know how disgusted and disappointed I am with this service. Please add to your intake sales calls that customers who are rightful owners of vehicles to make sure the title is not salvage so that no one else has the experience that I have had. And the report came from a pre inspection report before I even owned the car, to go through that much to deny a claim is absolutely ridiculous.

Reply from CarShield

Ms. Jones, We appreciate you reaching out to us with your frustration. We are here to address your concerns and assist you in the resolution of this matter. We spoke with your service contract administrator, American Auto Shield, regarding your claim. They stated that your claim was denied due to the vehicle having a branded title due to a total loss on 12/28/2020. Carfax does show this was prior to your purchase of the vehicle. It is also noted that the last title issued on 7/23/2021 was issued as a salvage title. Our sales representatives are instructed to ask if your vehicle has a salvage or branded title during the sales call. When asked this question, you stated your vehicle did not have a salvage or branded title. Because this was not reported during the sales call and American Auto Shield was not informed about the total loss until after the claim was started, there is no coverage available for any failure prior to the branded title surcharge being added on to the contract. The newly added surcharge will only apply to future claims. The seller you purchased this vehicle from should have disclosed the fact that the vehicle had a branded title for a previous accident/total loss. You may keep your service contract for future covered repairs, or you may chose to cancel your coverage. We hate to lose you as a customer. However, if you do choose to cancel your coverage, we would be happy to refund you in full as a gesture of goodwill. Please email us at [email protected] if we can be of any further assistance. Please include your contract number or phone number so we can locate your account. Respectfully.....Customer Relations

Jul. 25th, 2022

Jean Lewis Bixby, OK

BUYER BEWARE!!!! I gave this company a chance despite their reviews. But, I would like to tell anyone who is considering this vehicle warranty company to run as fast as you can! They act like you can take your vehicle to any repair shop, but you just need to give them a call first before making the repairs. None of our normal reputable repair shops would EVEN work with Car Shield because they said they never want to pay and if they do, they can't get their money out of them. The one we finally found, said they had worked with them several times, but only to find out they normally decline to pay for some reason or another. Our vehicle is a very nice 2014 High Country Chevrolet that still looks and smells like new. We take very good care of our vehicles. But, after about 4 weeks of dealing with Car Shield and my husband having to find alternative ways to work, "their" adjuster rejected the repair bid and said it was a previous problem. And because they took so long, I was out 2 months of monthly charges of $89 each month that they would not reimburse. It was NOT our fault they took so long. I would cancelled way sooner if I had

RevHerschelJr Crane

Right now we are no way happy with CarShield in fact after today's fiasco My wife and myself have canceled all 3 of our Vehicles out. After the freaking shop kept our Ford Explorer XLT 3 Weeks waiting on the diagnosis we were told cause it broke down on the 21st and not the 22nd they denied our claim and now we are stuck with replacing our AC Compressor, Water Pump, as well as all 4 Brake Rotors. We were stuck without a rental, supervisor I spoke with was very rude as well as an straight idiot when it comes to Customer Service. I will no longer hype this scam of a service up. You got 2 payments out of us waiting on the 20 days to which was nothing but waisted money. Thanks for nothing we would like our money back considering when we needed your services the most you left us hanging(RequestingFullRefund)146.00 2006 Ford F150 Supercab , 119.00 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Reply from CarShield

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Please email us at [email protected] with "Best Company Review" in the subject line. If you can supply us with your 3 service contract numbers or your 3 VIN numbers, we will be happy to look into this matter for you and see what we can to help you with the resolution. Kind Regards, Customer Relations

Jul. 7th, 2022

Patrick D. Roanoke, VA

I was curious about CarShield after seeing an advertisement the previous day. It dawned on me that my current car is 20+ years old, and that my current insurance likely wouldn't be able to cover having to scrounge up hard to obtain parts. After asking for information and a possible quote, they answered my questions and eased my concerns (because I recently had a sensor light turn on, and I'm praying it's just a frayed wire or loose connector), and explained how small the copay would be for replacement parts. I highly recommend that anyone with an older car (10-20+ years) to at least look into this. True, there may be parts out there, but think about it like this. Manufacturers really aren't making parts for a 20+ year old car. Those that have it in inventory are likely able to hike up the rate to acquire it, then you have to deal with the maintenance fees, which are going to likely leave you in debt. I'd much rather prefer the peace of mind with having CarShield handling the costs of those parts, and only having to put a copay out of pocket, instead of a couple of grand.

Michelle Brooks Aurora, IL

CarShield was ok with me at first until they took an unauthorized payment from my account!!!! I was manually making my own payments. I go online to check my bank account and they have snatched a payment.!!! I called and they say it’s mandatory to have automatic payments? This was never discussed with me when I bought the warranty. If so I would’ve never bought the warranty. I’m saying all this to say they are not to be trusted !!! Now I have to dispute this payment with my bank!!

Reply from CarShield

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will have a representative contact you very shortly to assist you with this issue and get it resolved for you. Kind Regards, Customer Relations

Jun. 6th, 2022

jeff cowe Beachwood, OH

INFINITI qx60 been paying $109 for 13 months the platinum plane . AC compressor went bad. radiator fan assembly needs changed . and coolant leak from a hose. took the car to the INFINITI dealership. cost of repair $1888 for a new compressor and labor. car shield refused to pay the dealership claiming they can get the part for $285 also willing to pay only a small amount of the labor. the dealership refused to use any other parts other then their parts. car shied also denied the hose replacement and the radiator fan assembly. STAY away it doesn't matter if its covered THEY WILL NOT PAY. compete ripoff

Reply from CarShield

We are not pulling up a contract under your name. If you could provide your VIN number or phone number you used to set up your service contract, we would be happy to look into this for you.

May. 31st, 2022

Thomas Masterson FL

After paying $140 per month for about 1 year, my car needed repair I took it to 4 different places, Firestone, tire choice, pep boys, and a dealer, all which they claim bring it any mechanic. They all claimed thanks but no thanks to repair my car, listing they had problems with car shield. Then I called them to recommend someone they did I brought it there they charged me 150$ to look at it then after I was told repair needed, they called car shield who denied the claim saying that the abs module was not covered ,in addition the mechanic told me they make excuses about mileage, I canceled them complained and they told me I would continue to be charged every month because of no cancelation clause, well the bank disagreed, without them I would be still paying its a scam steer your vehicle clear of those scammers.

J. ANDY ,

Maybe I'm different. I read the contract and understand the service requirements specified by the auto manufacturer and, that I may need to provide proof that required maintenance and services are kept up to date. SO, my transmission caused a problem within the first month of my CarShield coverage. The repair shop called CarShield and the repairs were made and paid for by CarShield. They do what they say they will do and I feel comfortable with their service agreement.

Brian A Froce Ellwood City, PA

I just joined carshield, but what I can say is their customer service was amazing they worked with me to find the best deal for me. Plus they answered every question that I had so it was a pleasure talking to them. Is the anything that you could fix I don’t know yet but as time goes on Maybe I will. Thank you Brian A Froce

Robert Rathbone Farmington, MI

Hi... I called in for some temporary help during the Coronavirus problem. I needed a lil help with the bill during the time of zero income. It meant the whole difference between keeping coverage and not. The lady I talked with was very understanding, and accommodating. She gave a smaller discount than I had hoped for, but she made it permanent, which was more than I asked for, so all in all, my call was more than productive, and in the long run, will save me a bit more. Thank you for being open during this contagious, difficult time to help your customers. Robert, Cabot, VT

Betty Jo Jacks Dallas, TX

They seem to care. I have not used my insurance yet. But they have worked with me by lowering my monthly payment during these hard times. I was going to cancel after almost paying for a year with no use. But the rep was kind and offered to take away the COVID19 lockdown month payment, and then lowered my monthly payment to help trying to recover after my Massage business was deemed non-essential.. Thank God I have some therapy clients so i am able to still eat durning these times. Thank you and I pray the Lord blesses this company for their compassion

Melissa Green Jacksonville, FL

The wait on the phone to speak with a representative is not long. The reps were patient and pleasant to work with. The reps explained the service I was getting and did not rush me.I was told of different discounts and how the policy payments would be. I am resting assured knowing CarShield will be protecting my car no matter the mileage and I have road side service with them.

S. Jordan Las Vegas, NV

They are a very honest company, and they keep their promise, this is the best motor train policy that you senior citizens will ever get, it is fast, and very reliable sign up for the gold plan you'll never believe such a great deal that they will give you. Carshield is honest and dedicated to serving they're customers. I am very happy and feel very safe now, I am very content with this company, and I know all who sign up will be happy as well, carshield guarantees it. sjjay149

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

CarSheild is simply smart coverage. For a fair premium, they covered a whole range of possible car breakdowns on our vehicles. I feel that their policies are effective in coverage, great pricing, and easy to work with on repair reimbursement. Meaning they work directly with the repair shops alleviating you to not worry about. Great service and value all around.

Adan Estrada Cimarron, NM

I have never purchased this type of coverage for a vehicle. I had many questions and my representative was able to answer all of my questions and assure me that this coverage was a good investment in piece mind. I expect that cars will break down but this coverage will give me security and convenience at a rate that I can budget and plan for monthly.

duchess Indianapolis, IN

My experience with Car Shield was excellent ! The customer service agent was well informed and knowledgeable about the company. He was very pleasant to talk to and patient. He answered all of my questions completely and explained the contract . He is an asset to Car Shield because he understands the value of good customer service. I signed up for a Gold contract and he was part of the reason I closed the deal. I would refer anyone to Car Shield. They offer a wide choice of contracts and the agent will advise you of the one that fits your budget and car. Give 'em a call :)

Paula Dunn Ridley Park, PA

I called CarShield after seeing the tv commercial several times. I called CarShield after seeing their advertisement on tv a couple of times. I am on a fixed income, unable to purchase a new car and this plan was set up to meet my financial concerns as well as specific questions about the product. Arlinda spent time with me on the phone and was so helpful and kind in answering specific questions and concerns about the product. This product I feel meets my needs with my vehicle. On showing my son the plan, he also agreed. Thank you.

Dennis Asberry Kansas City, MO

Jason, was very informative, easy to discuss terms and options based on my vehicles ages and mileage. I was quite surprised to learn that the two plans combined together are a huge savings to me of at least $200 each visit to the dealership for a major repair. To me this piece of mind is priceless. Plus the fact my payments never go up and it unlimited mileage on both vehicles... This is a great plan....

Art Stevens Fort Worth, TX

My truck lost it's transmission 24 days after buying it and also getting a Car Shield contract. Through miscommunication between the local Car Shield rep' and the Ford service rep', it took six weeks for my truck to get fixed. I now believe that it was the Ford service rep' dealing out alot of drama, ie. Taking hours to talk to CS, including excess cost onto me, etc.. It did however take CS 3-4 weeks to do their investigation and get back to me. You would think they would update me every week at least. I have yet to be reimbursed for the car rental of thirty four days, four of which is only covered by CS. Overall, it was great that CS took charge and covered 90% of my cost even though I chose a Ford remanufactured transmission. I'll keep going with Car Shield.

Ted Hall Arlington, TX

Car Shield's customer service rep., Michell, was professional, personable and a delight to talk with. Too often dealing with companies customer service is degrading and unsatisfactory. Not so with Car Shield, and yes I am a real person/customer! I had to cancel coverage on my 2013 Tacoma 4X4 due to being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler on I25 in Colorado on 1/28/2019. I still have coverage with Car Shield on my wife's 2004 Highlander. I don't believe I'll get the same satisfaction from the insurance companies fighting over who is going to take liability for the totalled Tacoma. Ted Hall

Ryan S Simpson Scottsdale, AZ

Whenever I speak to one of the representatives, they are always attentive, professional and friendly. The employees are knowledgeable and answer all of my questions in great detail. My car is currently the shop and I'm waiting to see how many of my items that are needed to be repaired are approved and taken care of and how long is process takes. It has been in the shop at Autohaus for over 1 week. I am eagerly waiting for my repairs to be completed and how much deductible I have to pay.

Glen

Because we saw CarShield on the TV we originally asked for a quote but found out what a good deal it was we knew we had to take advantge of it today. We were not pressured to do anything . The Customer Service Representative was very kind, patient and knowledgeable with everything. We have had our one vehicle for 15 years but it has low mileage so we knew we needed a special warranty. He was also was able to get us a deal for two vehicles and we were able to set up a life time warranty for both under $200. We would recommend CarShield to all who are looking for a vehicle warranty.

Robert Cox Minneapolis, MN

I had a wheel bearing go out on my 4x4 which is part of the drive axel system. Car Shield refused to honor the silver warranty plan that I had purchased and faithfully paid on time each month. I feel completely deceived by Car Shields representation, and feel completely scammed by them. Furthermore when I tried on multiple occasions to call them I was placed on terminal hold, and could never get a hold of anyone to answer my questions. Sadly, this company shows clearly that they don't care, in refusing a warranty that I had paid for. I would not recommend Car Shield to anyone.

Reply from CarShield

Mr. Cox Please reply to [email protected] giving us a little more information so we can locate your file and assist you in this matter. We would need your vehicle service contract number or VIN number. Please also reference your review on Best Company. Respectfully, Customer Relations

May. 4th, 2022

Shawn Humphrey Cleveland, OH

Car shield were very unprofessional and inconsiderate to me and my situation after paying on a policy for years at 200 dollars a month they didn't authorize the repair of my turbo charger when the waste gate which is part of the turbo and is needed to function properly and it took 3 months with no car for to decide not to pay not to mention they had me have to pay a mechanic to to take the car back apart to take some pictures of a factory install turbo. Bad, Terrible Company

CR R Houston, TX

Carshield failed me when I needed them most. I signed up with Carshield about two years ago. Now I have my first and only claim and Carshield would not pay for the repairs ($3500) for rear bearings, muffler and exhaust pipe. This is a big expense for me and this is the reason for Carshield warranty. But I guess they got my money I got nothing when I needed them most. I cancelled the policy and got a better warranty provider for the same cost.

Reply from CarShield

If you would be so kind as to email your service contract ID number or your VIN number, along with a brief description of the details of your claim, to [email protected], we would be happy to look into this matter for you. Kind Regards......Customer Relations

Apr. 11th, 2022

Douglass Chance Austin, TX

businesses that honor Carshield warranties beware! they promise 2 hour turn around to pay after you have emailed signed customer receipt to their payment center, but here it is a week later after many calls and talking to different representatives ( can't get same person on the phone) and different excuses they now state they are behind in payment center and it may be 24-48 hours longer. who can afford to service Carshield customer ,tying up our money, and not being able to pay hard working tech that does the repairs. bad company to work with

Pete Meeuse Bothell, WA

Car shield is NOT!! What they claim! I’ve been with them for over 2 years. I finally needed them. It has now been 6 weeks since my vehicle broke down! I still don’t have my vehicle repaired. It has cost me thousands of dollars in lost wages. And I can’t get the truth out of them. Every time I call their 1-800 number, I get nothing but excuses and flat out lies from them. The same with the repair shop. All they get is either no response or lies. Beware of Car shield. I hope you don’t need your vehicle repaired quickly.

Charlyarta Johnson Orlando, FL

Car shield has had my vehicle sitting in the shop for 30 days waiting for a $1400 Rebuilt transmission that took 3 weeks for them to make a decision so I wasn't able to get a rental.Remind you that I put my car in the shop February 28. It's now March 25 and my mechanic is still waiting for the part to come.Now that $100 deductible has increased because the time frame for the labor is too long for them they say it should only take three hours where my mechanic say five so now I have to pay for the extra two hours labor myself And by my car being in the shop so long my mechanic is charging a $25 a day storage fee that car Shield do not cover .This is tiresome very very sad

Shannon Snider Charlotte, NC

Disappointed with Rude Customer Service Last night, I populated the necessary fields on the companies website to get a warranty quote on a used car I recently purchased. I didn't know they would ring my phone off the hook late in the night. I didn't answer and finally had to block the number to stop their aggressiveness. This morning while working, I decided to unblock the number and my phone rang within 5 minutes. I explained that my time was limited and that I would like a quote. I was transferred to another agent. I told the agent upfront that I now only had 5 minutes to talk. She assured me that it wouldn't take that long. I also explained that I would not be making a decision today. 10 minutes later she was closing me "hard" not listening to what I was saying. I finally told her, thank you, but as I already stated, I wasn't making a decision today and I needed to go back to work immediately. I then thanked her again for the information and there was no reply. She hung up without saying a word. I heard about Car Shield on the Glenn Beck radio show. I wonder what he would say if he knew how I was treated by a company that he highly endorses. Needless to say, I WILL NOT buy a warranty from this company. They can kiss my butt!

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

I have been a customer for a year and they have been great so far. I am on the monthly plan because it would be so expensive to try to add a plan later when k have 150k miles.

Donald Hall Honolulu, HI

I have been given a very fair price to ensure my motor and tranny. My truck is a 2011 toyota tundra with 170 ,000 mi. and is in premium condition having been maintained religiously. But, one never knows and I greatly appreciate CarShield for giving me peace of mind as I go through the years. Thank you Car Shield!

Douglas Norman Linebaugh Houston, TX

I like the options available. My concern was any time and/or mileage limitations on my vehicle. I have nothing that I didn't like about the company. The sales person I spoke to was extremely friendly & professional and answered all my concerns.

Bob B Great Falls, MT

Have not used warranty but did have concerns about ability to pay monthly payment while Covid 19 was going on. Customer service informed me not to worry and payment would be moved without payment until later date without losing warranty. Thanks so much

John Shapley Greensburg, LA

Car shield took great care of me and my concerns when I called them on the phone yesterday. They were polite and courteous and knowledgeable. I feel safe having car shield to take care of maintenance on my Dodge Dakota. Have a great day. Sincerely, John Shapley.

Susan Karp Huntley, IL

They were very friendly very helpful willing to work with me to find the best level for my needs. They gave me reassurance and I feel I could offer this to a friend of mine didn't know that they too would find good service friendly people and a quality company

Rodney Tampa, FL

I purchased a warranty for my 2015 Mercedes Benz C300. First of all, the customer service that I had experienced was excellent. The rear differential broke and I took the car to the mechanic of my choice. And the adjuster worked with my mechanic professionally and replaced that part at no cost to me. Process time 1 week. Also, a modular went bad on same car. The service advisor notified CarSheild of the problem and cost of the part. It was fixed the next day.

Rosemary Brown Fort Lauderdale, FL

I brought a used truck which was well maintained but it had no more warranty left. I saw a Car Shield commercial on TV and decided this is something I can use. I called and was treated first class and received the comfort I was looking for. thank you very much I feel safe and protected with my Diamond plan with Car Shield.

Robert Gunnison, CO

I cancelled my coverage with CarShield within 30 days but noticed they had forgot to credit my initial payment and inadvertently billed me for a second month. I called the CarShield customer service line and they said they would credit me for the two payments. The experience with customer service was quick and painless.

Lynne Thomaston, GA

I joined Carshield but had to cancel my account due to financial problems. Carshield was so helpful and understanding about me having to cancel I will definitely rejoin just as soon as I am financially able to do so. This company is definitely "customer oriented".

Thomas Liberty Troup, TX

Although I have yet to utilize your service for any problem/s I may encounter, I can honestly say that the folks at Car Shield that I spoke with have been very experienced and customer friendly. I look forward to doing business with Car shield in the future.

John H Sconiers Litchfield Park, AZ

Carshield is awesome Michelle was very professional very nice and very sassy I would definitely definitely recommend you guys to anyone when I want you finally runs out on this vehicle I will definitely be using you guys thank you car Shield

JANET S

The staff were all very helpful in explaining the policy. Billing was easy & convenient. When as unforeseen circumstance occurred limiting my financial obligation, the staff was very understanding about cancelling my policy. I deeply appreciate all their time & trouble.

Edward Stapleton Jonesboro, GA

The service I have received from the representatives when I call car sheld is always professional and helpful. I really appreciate the manner in which they always answer my questions and handle my needs when I call. I would recommend this customer service to anyone Looking for good customer service in this poor customer service world we live in.

JOSEPH PACKER Brooklyn, NY

I have not formally used CarShield's service as I am a new subscriber but I was impressed with the conversation and service that I received from the Intake and Customer Service Representative . I hope that the Service that I receive from CarShield's Warranty is just as Professional.

Michael Fleming Brunswick, GA

The monthly prices for plans and coverage are very reasonable. As inconvenient as it may seem to add a new monthly bill, it's better than being stuck paying thousands for unexpected repairs. The reps are all very friendly and professional and arent pushy like other companies. I highly recommend these folks to everyone!

Steve Moffat Garden City, ID

I have never filed a claim with CarShield for car repair and was not sure how the process works. I called their main number and the rep was very friendly and very helpful. I got all the info I needed and now I can take my car to the shop for repairs.

Jan Bartlett Silsbee, TX

I was going to cancel my coverage until I discovered that the extended warranty that I purchased when I purchased the car, doesn't cover the engine, transmission, drive train or rear differential! I immediately changed my mind and decided to keep Car Shield. Car Shield picks up where your Warranty falls off!

Matthew G. Aspen Seekonk, MA

I saw CarShield on the FoxNews Channel. Their TV commercial was informative enough for me to make the call and contract coverage for 100,000 miles, 5 years. 24 installment payments of $126.79 auto EFT and $150 down to start. Diamond Elite Contract. No repair claims yet. The phone agents are helpful.

LaVonne Lammi Tacoma, WA

Would like to see you down payments and monthly payments easier and lower for those of us on a fixed income who need money to have for food, gas and medicine besides protecting our car with your company. Not all of us are rich.