CarShield

CarShield Logo

CarShield

verified
CarShield offers a monthly price of $104/month

CarShield has offered vehicle protection for over 500,000 vehicles since its founding in 2005. Its goal is to “provide exceptional experience by providing every owner of a vehicle with a dependable, reliable, and affordable solution to unexpected and costly repairs.”

CarShield offers a wide range of vehicle service plans, and they’re set up to be very flexible. CarShield offers service plans for new cars, used cars, and motorcycles. Each service contract or protection plan offers a different level of coverage. For example, CarShield's New Car warranty offers exclusionary coverage or bumper-to-bumper coverage. CarShield's Powertrain warranty covers the engine transmission and water pump.

CarShield is determined to make it easy for every consumer to customize a plan that fits their needs perfectly to offer extended vehicle protection for expensive car repairs.

The Good

• Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan
  • Other Features

Variety of Warranty Plans

CarShield offers a variety of vehicle service contracts to fit car owners' budgets and car protection needs:

• New Car: This vehicle service contract is similar to the factory warranty. It covers everything from engine and transmission failure to starter and fuel pump breakdowns.
  • Comprehensive: This vehicle service contract is the best coverage option for a vehicle with miles on it. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, AC, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
  • Powertrain: This vehicle service contract is its most affordable policy. It covers the most important parts of a vehicle, including all lubricated parts on your engine, transmission, and water pump.
  • Hightech: This vehicle service contract is great for covering most electrical and computer related problems including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
  • Motorcycle: This vehicle service contract is similar to the Comprehensive coverage for automobiles. It protects the vehicle’s engine, transmission, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump and more.

Car owners should be aware that extended car warranties do not cover car repairs resulting from normal wear and tear or failure to properly maintain the vehicle. For example, missing an oil change can void a warranty.

Additionally, an extended warranty is not car insurance. Car insurance helps cover repair costs and liability for accidents. Warranty plans cover the repair cost for mechanical malfunction or breakdown.

CarShield's extended warranty plans are good for new and pre-owned vehicles.

Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan

CarShield offers a powertrain warranty plan, which is its most affordable plan. CarShield also offers a powertrain plus warranty plan.

This vehicle protection plan is perfect for cars with high mileage, with CarShield consumers are allowed 200,000 max mileage. This extended car warranty is great coverage for major and minor vehicle parts, including the engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, starter, air conditioner—even your power windows.

Other Features

CarShield offers other features to its clients upon request. All CarShield auto repairs have a very low or nonexistent deductible. When you need a covered repair, it will be fixed 100 percent free, or the customer will be responsible for a minimal deductible for repairs.

Other features are as follows:

• Courtesy towing anytime your car breaks down
  • Your car’s engine, axle, and transmission are covered in all CarShield contracts.
  • CarShield provides a free rental car in some of our vehicle service plans.
  • CarShield is there to deal with vehicle breakdowns 24/7 roadside assistance.
  • Mechanics that are certified by the ASE’s Blue Seal of Excellence
  • Towing will transport you and your car to a safe place for free.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Basic Warranty Length

Lack of Transparency

In spite of offering variety of warranty plans, CarShield, when compared to other extended warranty companies is less transparent.

The website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees. To learn the cost of a car warranty, potential clients need to request a free quote through the website.

It is fairly standard for the warranty cost to not be readily accessible among extended service contract providers because the rates vary depending on age of the car, make, model, and mileage.

Basic Warranty Length

CarShield does not disclose options for the length of its warranties on its website because warranty length is dependent upon auto manufacturer, model, and mileage. In order to obtain warranty length information, potential customers must request a quote on their website.

The Bottom Line

Choosing a warranty provider is an important part of purchasing a vehicle warranty. By providing additional warranty coverage for breakdowns, warranty companies provide car owners with peace of mind in the event of unexpected car repairs.

CarShield has been providing services to customers for over 10 years.

Over time CarShield has gained customers’ trust through its outstanding customer service and customizable coverage plans.

With variety of warranty plans, CarShield guarantees consumers will find the plan that will work for your car and your budget.

Additional service features will make it simple and stress-free to make sure your vehicle is in good hands. However, lack of transparency on their website might make it difficult to know the prices and other fees you might pay for your warranty plan.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

Scott
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had a car warranty from CarShield for a car of mine a while back and I never thought it was worth it. I paid quite a bit and never used it. I know that is how insurance works but it just didn't seem good either way. Save your money!

cat
May 13th, 2019 Stafford, TX

I simply called for a quote and the pressure to purchase was incredibly intimidating...They are relentless to get money out of you and care only about getting your credit card or banking information...

Zak
May 9th, 2019 Aurora, CO

If you put the $100 a month in a jar instead of giving it to CarShield, you would have $1200 a year for any car repair you need with no chance of having your claim denied. $1200 may not be enough for the repair, but it's better than getting $0 from CarShield when they tell you that your specific repair is not covered.

Caryn Hahn
April 17th, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS

Don’t buy this! What a scam. I was paying over$100.00 a month. I had the mechanic at Honda tell me that I needed to replace my PVC valve. A total cost of $240.00. Car Shield would not cover it. I immediately cancelled. The mechanic at Honda said he has tried to use them 3 times for customers and they weren’t covered

Jennifer Hart
April 5th, 2019 Northville, MI DETAILS

Purchased extended auto warranty from Car a Shield for all 3 of my vehicles about 5 months ago. Car Shield is a front and sells your account to SCAM WARRANTY COMPANIES! Took one in for repair, not covered, ok but the repair shop said they would not work with this company again due to long wait time to talk with rep. This week took a different car in for A/C service. Compressor clearly covered in my warranty but denied coverage. Spoke to soooo many people, spent over 8 hours on hold in three days while I was supposed to be “on vacation”. The dealership Repairing said they would not sit on hold with this company after the second time they called. I ended up calling and then doing a 3 way call once an adjuster finally answered. Spoke to Hector Adjuster, he spoke to Hans supervisor, the freaking Auto Technician at my repair dealership talked to Blake Floor Manager who was extremely argumentative and rude to both of us. Would not listen to the technician who said the compressor was seized and should be covered accordingly. Blake finally hung up on both of us when the technician began asking specific technical questions to prove my case. Absolutely A SCAM COMPANY!!!

Todd
April 4th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

I have a 2012 & 2013 Toyota Prius. What is not covered in their auto warranty is the inverter; a key component in the power train. This fact was not immediately obvious to me, or with the Car Service representative I talked with on the phone. I had an inverter failure covered under the Toyota warranty, otherwise the repair cost would have been $2,200. It took three phone calls to confirm an annual insurance premium of almost $2,000 wouldn’t cover this repair if I had signed on. Might be better for other makes, but not a Toyota hybrid.

Rosemary Brown
March 27th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I brought a used truck which was well maintained but it had no more warranty left. I saw a Car Shield commercial on TV and decided this is something I can use. I called and was treated first class and received the comfort I was looking for. thank you very much I feel safe and protected with my Diamond plan with Car Shield.

Derrick Lukes
March 27th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

The representative that helped me today was very knowable and he also found ways to help me save money

Robert
March 27th, 2019 Gunnison, CO DETAILS

I cancelled my coverage with CarShield within 30 days but noticed they had forgot to credit my initial payment and inadvertently billed me for a second month. I called the CarShield customer service line and they said they would credit me for the two payments. The experience with customer service was quick and painless.

Adan Estrada
March 27th, 2019 Cimarron, NM DETAILS

I have never purchased this type of coverage for a vehicle. I had many questions and my representative was able to answer all of my questions and assure me that this coverage was a good investment in piece mind. I expect that cars will break down but this coverage will give me security and convenience at a rate that I can budget and plan for monthly.

Miss V
March 27th, 2019 Atlantic City, NJ DETAILS

Car Shield's customer service representatives are loyal to their customers. They listen and help as much as possible. Was very satisfied with the out come of my contract.

JULIO GARRIDO III
March 25th, 2019 Easton, PA DETAILS

I am very satisfied with the service they provide and helping me keep in my car on the road

Christopher Bettman
March 25th, 2019 Spokane, WA

Wonderful company, very professional and friendly personal.

James
March 22nd, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS

CarShield is a marketer ONLY; they pass you off to third parties who deny 98%+ of all claims. America Auto Shield is one of their avenues to promise "peace" yet create nightmares. Look at the true 1star/2star reviews on Consumer Affairs. Oh yeah, CarShield reinvented themselves by removing the space between their name, one reason, to hide their "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Gregory Klein Sr.
March 21st, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS

Rep was very kind and fast to fix problem. Extremly Satisfied

Lynne
March 21st, 2019 Thomaston, GA DETAILS

I joined Carshield but had to cancel my account due to financial problems. Carshield was so helpful and understanding about me having to cancel I will definitely rejoin just as soon as I am financially able to do so. This company is definitely "customer oriented".

Siva Parameswaran
March 20th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

Carshield was candid about what is covered and what is not covered for my Dodge Grand Caravan. I appreciate their honesty. When I requested for cancellation of my coverage, they promptly processed it .

Thomas Liberty
March 20th, 2019 Troup, TX DETAILS

Although I have yet to utilize your service for any problem/s I may encounter, I can honestly say that the folks at Car Shield that I spoke with have been very experienced and customer friendly. I look forward to doing business with Car shield in the future.

Brian Bloom
March 18th, 2019 Delta, CO

The guy called me went over the best plan explained everything and sound like they know what there doing so I signed up... for the pri eyou cant really beat what they they offer..

Emporers soldier
March 18th, 2019 Erie, PA DETAILS

Excellent services thank you all smoothly explained would like to have there communication skills tuank u all thank u all make USA LOOK GREAT TO ANGELA ASHLEY AMANDA

DONNA VAINE
March 15th, 2019 Cohoes, NY

Very informative and great customer service.

Harriett
March 14th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

The Car Shield representative that I spoke with was very courteous, professional and extremely attentive to my concerns. It was nice speaking with her.

duchess
March 12th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN

My experience with Car Shield was excellent ! The customer service agent was well informed and knowledgeable about the company. He was very pleasant to talk to and patient. He answered all of my questions completely and explained the contract . He is an asset to Car Shield because he understands the value of good customer service. I signed up for a Gold contract and he was part of the reason I closed the deal. I would refer anyone to Car Shield. They offer a wide choice of contracts and the agent will advise you of the one that fits your budget and car. Give 'em a call :)

John H Sconiers
March 12th, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

Carshield is awesome Michelle was very professional very nice and very sassy I would definitely definitely recommend you guys to anyone when I want you finally runs out on this vehicle I will definitely be using you guys thank you car Shield

JANET S
March 11th, 2019

The staff were all very helpful in explaining the policy. Billing was easy & convenient. When as unforeseen circumstance occurred limiting my financial obligation, the staff was very understanding about cancelling my policy. I deeply appreciate all their time & trouble.

Roachelle
March 8th, 2019 Graham, NC

I only had questions about how it works and I had fast responses and great advice

Connie Lou Reynolds
March 7th, 2019 Pleasant City, OH DETAILS

Car Shield gives great customer service. It's agents gave always been very friendly and professional . I am very satisfied with Car Shield and I felt like a valued customer.

Vonmico R Floyd
March 7th, 2019 Greenville, NC DETAILS

Wonderful experience!!!! Low monthly payment and deductible, great customer service ! Justin Covered all questions i had!

Edward Stapleton
February 27th, 2019 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS

The service I have received from the representatives when I call car sheld is always professional and helpful. I really appreciate the manner in which they always answer my questions and handle my needs when I call. I would recommend this customer service to anyone Looking for good customer service in this poor customer service world we live in.

JOSEPH PACKER
February 22nd, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

I have not formally used CarShield's service as I am a new subscriber but I was impressed with the conversation and service that I received from the Intake and Customer Service Representative . I hope that the Service that I receive from CarShield's Warranty is just as Professional.

Donald J Haas
February 20th, 2019 Dubuque, IA DETAILS

They are Great, Service was fast , All I had was Good Luck with CarShield

Paula Dunn
February 19th, 2019 Ridley Park, PA

I called CarShield after seeing the tv commercial several times. I called CarShield after seeing their advertisement on tv a couple of times. I am on a fixed income, unable to purchase a new car and this plan was set up to meet my financial concerns as well as specific questions about the product. Arlinda spent time with me on the phone and was so helpful and kind in answering specific questions and concerns about the product. This product I feel meets my needs with my vehicle. On showing my son the plan, he also agreed. Thank you.

STEPHEN HARDY
February 19th, 2019 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

Carshield reps are very knowledgeable and courteous. They are willing to go line by line with me regarding my contract. I totally recommend Carshield to everyone.

Roberto Soto
February 19th, 2019 Miami, FL

The costumer service was very good and helpful answering all my questions. They gave me the best offer and guidelines.

Dennis Asberry
February 14th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Jason, was very informative, easy to discuss terms and options based on my vehicles ages and mileage. I was quite surprised to learn that the two plans combined together are a huge savings to me of at least $200 each visit to the dealership for a major repair. To me this piece of mind is priceless. Plus the fact my payments never go up and it unlimited mileage on both vehicles... This is a great plan....

Jill Houska
February 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

Sterling was not only very knowledgable but he was very nice to talk with!

Sarah B. Miller
February 14th, 2019 Gary, IN DETAILS

The representatives are very nice and understanding.

onika daise
February 12th, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS

good customer service and very helpful and nice

Debbie L Diaz
February 12th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

I gave them a 4-star because I was placed on hold for 30 minutes that's entirely too long.

Alyce
February 6th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

Representative was very professional and helpful and answered all my questions.

Art Stevens
February 6th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

My truck lost it's transmission 24 days after buying it and also getting a Car Shield contract. Through miscommunication between the local Car Shield rep' and the Ford service rep', it took six weeks for my truck to get fixed. I now believe that it was the Ford service rep' dealing out alot of drama, ie. Taking hours to talk to CS, including excess cost onto me, etc.. It did however take CS 3-4 weeks to do their investigation and get back to me. You would think they would update me every week at least. I have yet to be reimbursed for the car rental of thirty four days, four of which is only covered by CS. Overall, it was great that CS took charge and covered 90% of my cost even though I chose a Ford remanufactured transmission. I'll keep going with Car Shield.

Johnny Singletary
February 6th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

I was very well taken care of in my past time of need.

DONNA FULLER
February 4th, 2019 Stafford, VA

ALL WAS GREAT TY VERY HELPFUL SAW THEM ON TV AND THEY WERE RIGHT THERE TO HELP ME VERY FRIENDLY PPL

Marie Martinico
February 4th, 2019 Carson City, MI

Agent who gave me all the information for Carshield explained all the advantages of my plan. Easy to understand .

Patrick D.
February 4th, 2019 Roanoke, VA

I was curious about CarShield after seeing an advertisement the previous day. It dawned on me that my current car is 20+ years old, and that my current insurance likely wouldn't be able to cover having to scrounge up hard to obtain parts. After asking for information and a possible quote, they answered my questions and eased my concerns (because I recently had a sensor light turn on, and I'm praying it's just a frayed wire or loose connector), and explained how small the copay would be for replacement parts. I highly recommend that anyone with an older car (10-20+ years) to at least look into this. True, there may be parts out there, but think about it like this. Manufacturers really aren't making parts for a 20+ year old car. Those that have it in inventory are likely able to hike up the rate to acquire it, then you have to deal with the maintenance fees, which are going to likely leave you in debt. I'd much rather prefer the peace of mind with having CarShield handling the costs of those parts, and only having to put a copay out of pocket, instead of a couple of grand.

Michael Fleming
February 4th, 2019 Brunswick, GA DETAILS

The monthly prices for plans and coverage are very reasonable. As inconvenient as it may seem to add a new monthly bill, it's better than being stuck paying thousands for unexpected repairs. The reps are all very friendly and professional and arent pushy like other companies. I highly recommend these folks to everyone!

CPT Will Brueske
February 1st, 2019 Mankato, MN DETAILS

Never had to file a claim before, but CarShield walked me through the process step by step. As a Military Vet, it’s great to know I can trust CarShield to have my back! Thanks CarShield!! -CPT Brueske

Howard Shackelford
February 1st, 2019 Memphis, IN DETAILS

I responded to a radio commercial, intending only to obtain information. My wait to speak with a representative was quite brief. He answered my questions, did not waste my time, did not pressure me. I bought the product.

Randy
February 1st, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Very good experience. Representatives were knowledgeable and helpful.

Steve Moffat
February 1st, 2019 Garden City, ID DETAILS

I have never filed a claim with CarShield for car repair and was not sure how the process works. I called their main number and the rep was very friendly and very helpful. I got all the info I needed and now I can take my car to the shop for repairs.