CarShield

CarShield Logo

CarShield

verified
CarShield offers a monthly price of $104/month

CarShield has provided vehicle protection for over 500,000 vehicles since its founding in 2005. Its goal is to “provide exceptional experience by providing every owner of a vehicle with a dependable, reliable, and affordable solution to unexpected and costly repairs.”

CarShield offers a wide range of vehicle service plans, and they’re set up to be very flexible. CarShield is determined to make it easy for every consumer to customize a plan that fits their needs perfectly.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

The Good

• Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan
  • Other Features

Variety of Warranty Plans

CarShield offers a variety of vehicle service contracts to fit car owners' budgets and car protection needs:

• New Car: This vehicle service contract is similar to the factory warranty. It covers everything from engine and transmission failure to starter and fuel pump breakdowns.
  • Comprehensive: This vehicle service contract is the best coverage option for a vehicle with miles on it. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, AC, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
  • Powertrain: This vehicle service contract is their most affordable policy. It covers the most important parts of your vehicle, including all lubricated parts on your engine, transmission, and water pump.
  • Hightech: This vehicle service contract is great for covering most electrical and computer related problems including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
  • Motorcycle: This vehicle service contract is similar to the Comprehensive coverage for automobiles. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump and more.

Car owners should be aware that extended car warranties do not cover car repairs resulting from normal wear and tear or failure to properly maintain the vehicle. For example, missing an oil change can void a warranty.

Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan

CarShield offers a powertrain warranty plan, which is their most affordable plan. CarShield also offers a powertrain plus warranty plan.

This plan is perfect for cars with high mileage, with CarShield you are allowed 200,000 max mileage. This extended car warranty is great coverage for major and minor vehicle parts, including your engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, starter, A/C—even your power windows.

Other Features

CarShield offers other features to their customers upon request. All CarShield auto repairs have a very low or nonexistent deductible. Your repairs will be fixed 100% free, or you’ll be responsible for a minimal deductible. Other features are as follows:

• Courtesy towing anytime your car breaks down
  • Your car’s engine, axle, and transmission are covered in all CarShield contracts.
  • CarShield provides a free rental car in some of our vehicle service plans.
  • CarShield is there to deal with vehicle breakdowns 24/7, all year.
  • Mechanics that are certified by the ASE’s Blue Seal of Excellence
  • Towing will transport you and your car to a safe place for free.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Basic Warranty Length

Lack of Transparency

In spite of offering variety of warranty plans, Car Shield, when compared to other extended warranty companies is less transparent.

The website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees. To learn the cost of a car warranty, you need to request a free quote through their website.

It is fairly standard for the warranty cost to not be readily accessible among extended service contract providers because the rates vary depending on age of the car, make, model, and mileage.

Basic Warranty Length

CarShield does not disclose options for the length of its warranties on its website because warranty length is dependent upon auto manufacturer, model, and mileage. In order to obtain warranty length information, potential customers must request a quote on their website.

The Bottom Line

Choosing a warranty provider is an important part of purchasing a vehicle warranty. By providing additional warranty coverage for breakdowns, warranty companies provide car owners with peace of mind in the event of unexpected car repairs.

CarShield have been providing services to customers for over 10 years.

Over time CarShield has gained customers’ trust through their outstanding customer service and customizable warranty plans.

With variety of warranty plans, CarShield guarantees you will find the plan that will work for your car and your budget.

Additional service features will make it simple and stress-free to make sure your vehicle is in good hands. However, lack of transparency on their website might make it difficult to know the prices and other fees you might pay for your warranty plan.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

Brian Bloom
March 18th, 2019 Delta, CO

The guy called me went over the best plan explained everything and sound like they know what there doing so I signed up... for the pri eyou cant really beat what they they offer..

Emporers soldier
March 18th, 2019 Erie, PA DETAILS

Excellent services thank you all smoothly explained would like to have there communication skills tuank u all thank u all make USA LOOK GREAT TO ANGELA ASHLEY AMANDA

DONNA VAINE
March 15th, 2019 Cohoes, NY

Very informative and great customer service.

Harriett
March 14th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

The Car Shield representative that I spoke with was very courteous, professional and extremely attentive to my concerns. It was nice speaking with her.

duchess
March 12th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN

My experience with Car Shield was excellent ! The customer service agent was well informed and knowledgeable about the company. He was very pleasant to talk to and patient. He answered all of my questions completely and explained the contract . He is an asset to Car Shield because he understands the value of good customer service. I signed up for a Gold contract and he was part of the reason I closed the deal. I would refer anyone to Car Shield. They offer a wide choice of contracts and the agent will advise you of the one that fits your budget and car. Give 'em a call :)

John H Sconiers
March 12th, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

Carshield is awesome Michelle was very professional very nice and very sassy I would definitely definitely recommend you guys to anyone when I want you finally runs out on this vehicle I will definitely be using you guys thank you car Shield

JANET S
March 11th, 2019

The staff were all very helpful in explaining the policy. Billing was easy & convenient. When as unforeseen circumstance occurred limiting my financial obligation, the staff was very understanding about cancelling my policy. I deeply appreciate all their time & trouble.

Roachelle
March 8th, 2019 Graham, NC

I only had questions about how it works and I had fast responses and great advice

Connie Lou Reynolds
March 7th, 2019 Pleasant City, OH DETAILS

Car Shield gives great customer service. It's agents gave always been very friendly and professional . I am very satisfied with Car Shield and I felt like a valued customer.

Vonmico R Floyd
March 7th, 2019 Greenville, NC DETAILS

Wonderful experience!!!! Low monthly payment and deductible, great customer service ! Justin Covered all questions i had!

Edward Stapleton
February 27th, 2019 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS

The service I have received from the representatives when I call car sheld is always professional and helpful. I really appreciate the manner in which they always answer my questions and handle my needs when I call. I would recommend this customer service to anyone Looking for good customer service in this poor customer service world we live in.

Donald J Haas
February 20th, 2019 Dubuque, IA DETAILS

They are Great, Service was fast , All I had was Good Luck with CarShield

Paula Dunn
February 19th, 2019 Ridley Park, PA

I called CarShield after seeing the tv commercial several times. I called CarShield after seeing their advertisement on tv a couple of times. I am on a fixed income, unable to purchase a new car and this plan was set up to meet my financial concerns as well as specific questions about the product. Arlinda spent time with me on the phone and was so helpful and kind in answering specific questions and concerns about the product. This product I feel meets my needs with my vehicle. On showing my son the plan, he also agreed. Thank you.

STEPHEN HARDY
February 19th, 2019 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

Carshield reps are very knowledgeable and courteous. They are willing to go line by line with me regarding my contract. I totally recommend Carshield to everyone.

Roberto Soto
February 19th, 2019 Miami, FL

The costumer service was very good and helpful answering all my questions. They gave me the best offer and guidelines.

onika daise
February 12th, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS

good customer service and very helpful and nice

JOSEPH PACKER
February 22nd, 2019 Brooklyn, NY

I have not formally used CarShield's service as I am a new subscriber but I was impressed with the conversation and service that I received from the Intake and Customer Service Representative . I hope that the Service that I receive from CarShield's Warranty is just as Professional.

Dennis Asberry
February 14th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Jason, was very informative, easy to discuss terms and options based on my vehicles ages and mileage. I was quite surprised to learn that the two plans combined together are a huge savings to me of at least $200 each visit to the dealership for a major repair. To me this piece of mind is priceless. Plus the fact my payments never go up and it unlimited mileage on both vehicles... This is a great plan....

Debbie L Diaz
February 12th, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

I gave them a 4-star because I was placed on hold for 30 minutes that's entirely too long.

Alyce
February 6th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

Representative was very professional and helpful and answered all my questions.

Art Stevens
February 6th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

My truck lost it's transmission 24 days after buying it and also getting a Car Shield contract. Through miscommunication between the local Car Shield rep' and the Ford service rep', it took six weeks for my truck to get fixed. I now believe that it was the Ford service rep' dealing out alot of drama, ie. Taking hours to talk to CS, including excess cost onto me, etc.. It did however take CS 3-4 weeks to do their investigation and get back to me. You would think they would update me every week at least. I have yet to be reimbursed for the car rental of thirty four days, four of which is only covered by CS. Overall, it was great that CS took charge and covered 90% of my cost even though I chose a Ford remanufactured transmission. I'll keep going with Car Shield.

Johnny Singletary
February 6th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

I was very well taken care of in my past time of need.

Jill Houska
February 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

Sterling was not only very knowledgable but he was very nice to talk with!

DONNA FULLER
February 4th, 2019 Stafford, VA

ALL WAS GREAT TY VERY HELPFUL SAW THEM ON TV AND THEY WERE RIGHT THERE TO HELP ME VERY FRIENDLY PPL

Marie Martinico
February 4th, 2019 Carson City, MI

Agent who gave me all the information for Carshield explained all the advantages of my plan. Easy to understand .

Patrick D.
February 4th, 2019 Roanoke, VA

I was curious about CarShield after seeing an advertisement the previous day. It dawned on me that my current car is 20+ years old, and that my current insurance likely wouldn't be able to cover having to scrounge up hard to obtain parts. After asking for information and a possible quote, they answered my questions and eased my concerns (because I recently had a sensor light turn on, and I'm praying it's just a frayed wire or loose connector), and explained how small the copay would be for replacement parts. I highly recommend that anyone with an older car (10-20+ years) to at least look into this. True, there may be parts out there, but think about it like this. Manufacturers really aren't making parts for a 20+ year old car. Those that have it in inventory are likely able to hike up the rate to acquire it, then you have to deal with the maintenance fees, which are going to likely leave you in debt. I'd much rather prefer the peace of mind with having CarShield handling the costs of those parts, and only having to put a copay out of pocket, instead of a couple of grand.

Michael Fleming
February 4th, 2019 Brunswick, GA DETAILS

The monthly prices for plans and coverage are very reasonable. As inconvenient as it may seem to add a new monthly bill, it's better than being stuck paying thousands for unexpected repairs. The reps are all very friendly and professional and arent pushy like other companies. I highly recommend these folks to everyone!

CPT Will Brueske
February 1st, 2019 Mankato, MN DETAILS

Never had to file a claim before, but CarShield walked me through the process step by step. As a Military Vet, it’s great to know I can trust CarShield to have my back! Thanks CarShield!! -CPT Brueske

Howard Shackelford
February 1st, 2019 Memphis, IN DETAILS

I responded to a radio commercial, intending only to obtain information. My wait to speak with a representative was quite brief. He answered my questions, did not waste my time, did not pressure me. I bought the product.

Randy
February 1st, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Very good experience. Representatives were knowledgeable and helpful.

Steve Moffat
February 1st, 2019 Garden City, ID DETAILS

I have never filed a claim with CarShield for car repair and was not sure how the process works. I called their main number and the rep was very friendly and very helpful. I got all the info I needed and now I can take my car to the shop for repairs.

Sylvester Ceasar
February 1st, 2019 Altadena, CA DETAILS

all good except not being able to get full gold card service in California

Ted Hall
February 1st, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Car Shield's customer service rep., Michell, was professional, personable and a delight to talk with. Too often dealing with companies customer service is degrading and unsatisfactory. Not so with Car Shield, and yes I am a real person/customer! I had to cancel coverage on my 2013 Tacoma 4X4 due to being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler on I25 in Colorado on 1/28/2019. I still have coverage with Car Shield on my wife's 2004 Highlander. I don't believe I'll get the same satisfaction from the insurance companies fighting over who is going to take liability for the totalled Tacoma. Ted Hall

Jan Bartlett
February 1st, 2019 Silsbee, TX DETAILS

I was going to cancel my coverage until I discovered that the extended warranty that I purchased when I purchased the car, doesn't cover the engine, transmission, drive train or rear differential! I immediately changed my mind and decided to keep Car Shield. Car Shield picks up where your Warranty falls off!

Fred Garrison
January 31st, 2019 Terrell, TX DETAILS

They were just great with their response to the questions I had in answering them and getting some changes in status done for me.

Arlene Vigil
January 31st, 2019 Ranchos de Taos, NM DETAILS

Great company and people that represent it.

Charles Agee
January 31st, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Customer service is very good and proactive. Follow up is appreciated.

Shenay Rose
January 30th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

Diane w/customer service explained how to get my car fixed, that what needed to be done (alternator) is covered. She was very patient in answering my questions, she was great

Ron Petty
January 30th, 2019 Folkston, GA

I was treated with professional service at carshield, everyone was so helpful with my questions. This is how you treat people, kindness and respect. Thanks Carshield. I do highly recommend.

Sarah B. Miller
February 14th, 2019 Gary, IN DETAILS

The representatives are very nice and understanding.

Toni Morris
January 30th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

They were on top of their game. I appreciate them sending me an email when there was an issue and not canceling me.

Echelle Richardson
January 31st, 2019 Woonsocket, RI DETAILS

So far the customer service has been outstanding i haven't had a chance to use the claims.but so far so good iwas told that carsheild did not honor rheir claims. I on the other hand believe in hearing both sides to a story.

Kevin
January 29th, 2019 Republic, MO DETAILS

Joe M and David B provided "Wow" customer service! They were very professional and knowledgeable!

Bill C
January 30th, 2019 Daphne, AL

Very helpful and gave me all the information i asked for

Thomas Kenneally
January 28th, 2019 Melrose, MA DETAILS

The agent I spoke with was super helpful and gave me all of the information I needed for ym claim! Would recommend CarShield to anyone who wants to ensure their automobile coverage is in great hands!

Jl Dixon
January 25th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Carshield is everything they say they are, no problems, no hassle, it's a keeper for me.

JC
January 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC

Easy transaction, and they do all they can to help you find the right coverage for your car.

Strickland
January 25th, 2019 DeSoto, TX

My representative Mark was very informative about the products and service Carshield provides. The process was quick.

Matthew G. Aspen
January 25th, 2019 Seekonk, MA DETAILS

I saw CarShield on the FoxNews Channel. Their TV commercial was informative enough for me to make the call and contract coverage for 100,000 miles, 5 years. 24 installment payments of $126.79 auto EFT and $150 down to start. Diamond Elite Contract. No repair claims yet. The phone agents are helpful.

Jim Stevens
January 24th, 2019 Bridgman, MI

This plan is so much easier and cheaper than the dealership was offering. You will breath easier knowing your car is covered.