Sixt Rent A Car Logo

Sixt Rent A Car

LAST UPDATED: August 9th, 2022

SIXT started out with three locations and grew into an international company with locations throughout the United States. Currently, the company is present in 105 countries across the globe with over 2,000 branch locations. SIXT purchases more than 200,000 vehicles annually and owns the world's largest fleet of premium German cars.

The Good

• Vehicle Types
  • Price Range
  • Toll Prepay Option
  • Online Check-In

Vehicle Types

The SIXT vehicle fleet hosts models from German favorites like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. Vehicle types include:

• Convertibles
  • Luxury cars
  • Minivans
  • SUVs
  • Passenger vans

Price Range

SIXT offers vehicles ranging in average prices in the car rental industry. While the prices are not necessarily low, SIXT's car selection is of a higher quality than many economy budget car rentals. The car make and models are newer and more modern so if that is important to you then the average cost is more than worth paying. Regardless of the price listed for a car, though, SIXT boasts a Best Price Guarantee.

Toll Prepay Option

A very convenient feature is the ability to order toll passes through the company's website. Having a toll pass makes your commute easier when you travel. This comes as part of the online check-in.

Online Check-In

You can check in your car from SIXT's website instead of the rental counter using one of two options: the online check-in portal via the website or the on-site terminal. After you sign in and check in with your reservation number, you go to SIXT's express counter and swap your signature for the car keys. For the terminal option, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Sixt Express Card or credit card into the terminal.
  2. The terminal detects your card automatically and shows you the reservation. You also have the option of booking extras at this point, such as winter tires.
  3. Select your car out of three vehicle options.
  4. Confirm the booking details and print your rental agreement.
  5. Open the safe and take the vehicle keys.

This makes checking in easy and fast and eliminates the issue of long lines that you get with other car rental companies.

The Bad

• Limited U.S. Availability
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount

Limited U.S. Availability

SIXT has rental car locations in 15 states, so your options are limited in the United States. Sixt has rental counters at some major airports throughout North America, but not as many as some competitors. For instance, most rental companies have counters at JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports in the New York City area and SIXT does not. On the plus side, SIXT is worldwide, so it is likely to cover your international travel needs.

No Instant Return

SIXT lacks an instant return option where you can leave the car with the keys inside. You must return the vehicle to a rental office (or other identified location) on the date and time specified in your rental agreement.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

SIXT does not offer discounts for fueling your vehicle on-site. If a customer returns the car low on gas, SIXT charges a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

If you're itching to try out a new or luxury car, look no further than SIXT. With quick check-in, no hidden costs, and free cancellation, SIXT is all about convenience. However, the company is not readily available throughout North America, especially in smaller states and cities.

1.4

Kathy Lindeen Commercial Point, OH

The counter service was prompt and friendly. Got upgraded to a nicer car for free. Easy to get out of airport and return was simple and fast. No issues or concerns with this company. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Gen Young Aurora, CO

I never write bad reviews because I know people make mistakes but Sixt has had every chance in the book to correct their wrong, at this point it has been months. If I could give this company negative stars I would. I have never seen a more unprofessional company in my life. 1st. they over charged for a car they promised to upgrade because the original car we booked and paid for was rented out before we arrived. 2nd. they charged us $275 for gas even though we filled the tank up before returning the vehicle and we had to fight for months to get that reimbursement and it still hasn't come yet even though we provided all the receipts. 3rd. They never get back to you in a timely fashion. I am still waiting for an email response for an updated invoice to submit to my employer for reimbursement . It has been over two years and they are still using COVID as a reason they are unable to answer phones because they are working from home. There are so many platforms that allows business owners to have their customer service agents to answer phones from their homes. In short, go with another car rental. Any other car rental. This company will never see another penny from me.

Chris Sisler Charlotte, NC

The price was great and the pickup process was fast and easy. After leaving and driving on the interstate the hood was moving slightly. The hood would not secure tightly. When I turned it back in and told the employee about it, he said it was probably prior damage. Sixt then sends me a damage repair bill for almost $500 to repair the hood. They probably wouldn't even have known about it if I did not report it.

Seok Bin Ko Gunsan, 45

Worst ever in my car rent history. I arrived at the Frankfurt airport at 4:00 PM Saturday (16th of July) to return the car before expiration time (6:00 PM Saturday the same day). Nobody was at the reception desk at the return place. Because there was a memo " I will get back in five minutes", I waited more than 30 minutes, and some other customers came in and waited together. We called SIXT several times but nobody received it. We found another memo indicating that we could drop the key in the SIXT box. All the customers dropped the keys into the box including me. I dropped the key at 4:40 PM, almost one and a half hours before the return expiration time. When I landed in my hometown (eleven hours flight), SIXT sent a message. saying that the car is returned one day after the expiration time. Because I thought they checked the drop box on Sunday. I emailed them with my return evidence photo, requesting to correct the error. They did not respond and charged one day more rental cost. Later on, I email them several times but no answer was made. Is there a customer protection institution in Germany? I will claim and never use SIXT again.

John Whitman Ventura, CA

Do not prepay your rental! If you do you will not receive a refund, at all. Read their contract carefully before giving them the payment. We cancelled our rental over a month before the rental date and were not allowed to get a refund, even though Sixt confirmed our cancellation.

Michelle Schrier St Louis, MO

Less than amazing experience with Sixt. A few days into our rental, we noticed the wheel bearing making noise. We immediately called about it as we know letting this go can cause worse repairs. We were told to just keep driving it, that it would be fine or we could drive it to the nearest location (6 hours from where we were) and exchange it. The issue worsened so we called again a couple days later. We were again told to exchange it at the nearest location or just drive it until it breaks down and call a tow truck. There were no other options and a very “this is our policy” attitude from customer service. Upon return, we pointed out the issues to the staff and they told us the car would most likely just be rented again as is. That it wouldn’t be fixed until the car actually breaks down. This is unacceptable care for your customers and a horrible way to create a loyal client base. Will definitely NOT be recommending Sixt.

John Fanning Atlanta, GA

I do not recommend renting a car from this agency. While rates, vehicle inventory, and other factors may seem attractive, the problems will occur upon vehicle turn-in/checkout. Don’t be surprised if they try to hit you up for additional bogus charges. That’s what happened during my most recent rental where I picked up the vehicle at the Tampa location and returned it at the Orlando location. The vehicle I rented already had several small dents and scratches that were noted and observed. I returned the vehicle exactly in the same condition that it was received and have several traveling partners that will attest to this. However, upon vehicle return, the Sixt agent had me sign a small handheld device with only the signature portion exposed. I didn’t scroll through the entire document and she apparently slipped in a comment that it was returned with an additional 5-10 cm (1.9-3.9 inch) scratch. Note that she never told me about any additional scratches at that time or that the comment was added to the return document. I only learned of this a few weeks later when they tried to get me to pay an additional $500 for “new damage”. I am fighting this because it is completely bogus. I have also asked them to find a more reputable method for improving their bottom line. Obviously, I will stay away from any future car rentals from Sixt. If I had to use this company again, I will take a video tape of the vehicle they assign me to precisely record every square inch of the vehicle condition before leaving the lot.

Rajat Sood Sugar Land, TX

This is regarding a rental from the Nice airport in France 14-16th June. I have been renting cars frequently for the past 35 years and have traveled the world over on work or vacation. This is the worst rental car company I have ever used and will never use them again. I received a car that had so many scratches that I just drove it out on trust. The car was rented for 2 days and was in a hotel parking for most part. On returning the car, I was show a small scratch and told I was responsible. I now get a bill for 451 Euros. So ridiculous. So renters be aware - they are crooks and please take pictures of your car even in a dark garage as you will end up paying for something you did not do.

Dustin Lerkins Orlando, FL

Very flexible qnd Understanding. Out of a very difficult situation they resolved our dispute without ajy concerns for their bottom line and only concern for my satisfaction.

Luis Nokesville, VA

I reserved a car online at Sixt.com on 04/25/2022 and I pre-paid the rental amount. When I picked up the vehicle on 4/30/2022 at the Miami Airport, the Sixt network system was down. I received a hand written rental agreement contract and all additional protection packages and other services were declined. There was no indication that there would be an additional charge. I returned the vehicle on 05/04/2022 as expected with no issues noted. On 05/31/2022, I received a revised invoice with an additional charge of $24.15 applied to my rental agreement. I reached out to the Sixt customer service and none of the several representatives I communicated with were helpful in resolving the issue. They state that I agreed to the additional charge, but they are not able to provide me with a copy of the rental agreement that I signed agreeing to the additional charge. The latest customer service representative said that "The Airport requires that all car rental companies servicing that airport to collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for new car rental facilities." The money is not the issue, but is the principle and their unfair pricing practices. As a result, I will never rent another vehicle from Sixt. They have lost a customer for life and I will never recommend Sixt to anyone. Additionally, I will be implementing a company wide policy to ensure no employee uses Sixt to rent a vehicle for official company business.

sbazar00 Modesto, CA

Absolutely terrible company. They scammed my sister and I out of $3,700 for a $1,400 rental agreement for one day. They showed us no contract but supposedly signed us up to pay extra for kilometers even though we set a destination and were quoted a price for a trip from Nice to Amsterdam at $1,400 with a $300 deposit that we would get back. We have called and called and were given fake numbers and BS responses that addressed no problem we had. It seems like the employees are told to help as little as possible and to never file any of our complaints. One out of the at least 7 different employees we spoke to was sympathetic and at least tried to transfer us to a superior. This is a pathetic company that scams young people out of their money. They took the excess $2,300 out of my sisters account, draining it while we were halfway across the world from our home, and did this 2 days after the initial and agreed upon charge. Thieves. This is disgusting and cannot stand. We are still trying to be refunded but the company has refused us. Never, ever rent a car from Síxt. What a gross treatment of innocent and paying customers. I have never been so poorly treated by such a large company with so many employees. Absolute criminals. If you work for Sixt and consider yourself to be a decent human being, I would suggest that you look into a different job. What an immoral place to work, I hope everyone chooses a different company to give their business to. You likely will be scammed and stolen from with Síxt, just as we were.

Michael Krzepkowski Calgary, AB

I have been renting from Sixt in Florence, Italy since January 2020. 3 long term rentals from 48 to 60 days each. Cars are in above average condition, clean and without any major damage. As expected some will have cosmetic imperfections. Counter personal is efficient and well trained. Both their website and app are OK. The problems start when you have to deal with their backoffice. On my rental back in November 2021 I manged to scrape the rim against the curb. The paint on the rim was damaged. Sixt documented the mishap and I confirmed that it was caused by me. After a long delay I was presented with the estimate to replace the rim from the independent company. I would have much preferred the authorized BMW dealer estimate or the actual repair invoice. The estimate put a price tag on the generic "rim" and it was about 20% higher that the BMW catalog shows for exactly correct replacement part. Oh well, it is difficult to argue this over long distance, so I accepted the estimate. By the end of January 2022 I received email from Sixt notifying me that the amount will be charged to my credit card in 14 days. This should have closed the case. However, the Damage Italia Team decided to play some games. They did not charge my credit card. Quietly, without informing me they were printing remittance notices and finally mailed a bunch of them to me by bulk mail from the Netherlands (!) threatening legal action because the bill remained unpaid. At that point they succeeded in losing a customer. Several emails to the Damage Italia Team and company management are simply being ignored. Even small things like refunding customer for purchase of Diesel additive (AdBlue) for EUR 20 could not be completed at the car return time. Two Customer Service reps have to be involved and now 45 days later I am still waiting for the funds to be deposited into my account. Apparently just deducting it from the final bill was too complicated. Overall it is a great business case how an inept backoffice clerk can destroy marketing and front office efforts.

jeff goldberg

Just finished renting a Chevy Blazer at the Fort Lauderdale airport. From start to finish the service and the car were excellent. The gentleman who checked us in was helpful and professional and walked us to the location where we could pick up our car. Upon the return, the young lady who looked after us was very pleasant and helpful. This was my 2nd time renting from Sixt. It's price was competitive. I will certainly use it again.

Cooper Sorajja San Jose, CA

Booked $2000 dollars of car rental through Sixt for the British Open. Had planned the trip since September 2022. They canceled my booking the morning the day I was arriving to Edinburgh. What a joke of a company. The company email just said ‘Your car is not available’. Well why didn’t Sixt figure this out beforehand? Because it is just a crap company.

Max Sparks, NV

I rented a Sixt car in Chicago IL. I had it out for around 2.5 hours and returned it to their garage, tank full, put the keys in the bin. Four days later I got an update to my prepaid invoice that there was an additional $12.50 charge for "Flex late return." Excuse me, I had the car 2.5 hours and actually returned it around 3 hours before I said I would. This was my first and last Sixt rental. I should have read the reviews. Sixt dings customers with unwarranted fees thinking that this is how the company can stay afloat, but rapidly they will find that pissing off customers is a sure way to tank the company. And a note to Best Company, how can Sixt has an average 1.4 star customer review and an overall score of 3.5? You're offering a 5-point and a 10-point rating scale in one line. ConFUSING.

Zach Robins East Greenwich, RI

Wish I'd done a little more research. I've done budget friendly rentals but nothing has ever been as back as this place. They change our car tier for the same cost, didn't explain their toll road policy and have absolutely no way to be contacted. We ended up wasting half a day driving back to make sure we weren't going to be getting extra toll charged and they admitted that they're system is broken. Asked to talk to a manager because we had burned gas and a day out of our vacation but the worker pretended to go get him and then right back to work. We left to salvage our day and we'll need to talk to them when we return. I've never been a let me speak to your manager or I want a discount guy, but I feel so exploited by this place.

Pierre Home-Douglas Pointe-Claire, QC

Horrible. I was told I would be charged 1377 Euros for my car rental from Florence airport for two weeks. They provided no documentation when I picked up the car. When I took it back I asked for a receipt of what my credit car would be charged and the woman at the counter said she couldn't do it right then and that I would have to wait 15 minutes or so. I had a flight to catch so I left. Four days later, after i got home, I got the bill on my credit card--more than 3000 Euros!! I wrote to them and they replied with a bunch of falsehoods, claiming we had two additional driver (we had only one), that we got an upgrade (when I showed up in Florence they gave me the keys to the car with no discussion about an upgrade) and that I had returned the car with an empty gas tank. But the woman at the rental counter had advised me to do this saying I should pay for a full tank when I rented it and then I could return it empty--it was better for me that way. So I agreed. Don't deal with these people!

Edward W Midland, MI

We arrived at LAX and didn't know how to get to the Sixt location. I tried to call, but "all phones are currently unavailable." No email for help. I found a text number and asked how to get to the location. I was texted that our 1230pm reservation would now be 230pm. Not wanting to sit for another two hours at LAX, I asked if they had another vehicle that would be ready sooner. I was texted they had no way of looking up info on available cars. I asked for a refund, but have never received any refund as of today. I called another rental company - A**** (rhymes with dynamo) - and was sitting in a mini van within 20 minutes. Save your self a headache and rent from another company.

Charmaine Aberdeen

It was my birthday weekend and the company I rented from called and disappointed me I searched around and got a car from Sixt when I got there I was treated so well by Precious at the JFK branch I will definitely be using your company again 👍💥💕

Jane DOE Port Charlotte, FL

Just finished renting a Mini Cooper at the Tampa airport location. From start to finish the service and the car were excellent. Carl checked us in and was helpful. He was also very friendly, informative and professional. I highly recommend renting a car from this car rental.

Julie Layton, UT

Prompt and friendly customer service. Great car. Would definitely rent here again.

James Clark Moorestown, NJ

The worst rental company I’ve ever dealt with. I Rented a vehicle in Orlando Florida May 9 through the 13th. Their system was hacked at the time and they double charge my credit card and as of today June 12, 2022 I have not received my refund. It is almost impossible to reach a representative. I have held on the phone for over an hour or better each time just to get hung up on. If you don’t believe me try calling the customer service and see how long it takes you to get a representative outside of making a new rental. Please do yourself a favor and do not use this rental company!!!!

S. Palmer GA

I was quoted one price and ended up with$200 more of hidden charges! I feel scammed. I get the car and it reeks of fresh cigarette smoke. I have asthma and I'm pregnant and my mother is elderly. We should not have to inhale this. I go back to let them know and they said this was the last car they had left. It's been a long day of traveling and we're exhausted. The car is NASTY. I'm meaning FILTHY INSIDE. There are stains on all the seats and something wet in the backseat as though someone spilled something.The outside of the car has minor damage and need a wash. Honestly I could just breakdown and cry right now. I don't have any other means of transportation to my hotel so I had to leave with this bucket of a car that I'm paying top dollar for. Driving this car is just as bad. It's a rough ride and I was just praying it wouldn't stop on me. I've rented from other dealers without problems. Sixt by far is the worst experience I've ever had! I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.

Shirley Pierce Denver, CO

I had a terrible experience overall. The desk checkout was terrible, got a really scratched up vehicle with CA tags for a NC rental, which tire was near flat daily. Someone in the Dallas location, copied and pasted my contract at Dallas and shocked me with a huge amount on my card, it was reversed, but what a messed up situation. Now Im getting a claim going saying I scratched the car ! it had such a long list of scratches when I got it ! never again !!!! !

Anne Kavanagh Reading, PA

We rented a car from Payless . Got stuck in the side of the road with 2 flat tires! No response from our rental company!!! A sixty roadside assistance car was passing and not only stopped but tried to put air in the tires. When that did not work they gave me a ride to Payless to see if they would help. In the meantime they took off the tires took them somewhere and repaired them!!!! They put them back on and got us on our way !!! No charge!!!! Amazing group of 3 men!! This happened 2/18/22 about 1:30pm. Thank you thank you thank you!! Will NEVER use another company except sixt again!!! Signed A very appreciative stranded tourist!!!

Michael Jaffe Delray Beach, FL

Rented a Toyota Yaris at Ben-Gurion Airport (TLV) in Tel Aviv for two weeks, arranged through Expedia. The handover was smooth and quick, even during prime tourist season. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The vehicle had 1400 km on it, so it was practically new and in pristine condition. No issues with the car. Car return was also quick, very friendly staff. A year earlier, I had used SixT at Reykjavik, and the pickup experience was not nearly as good. There seem to be a number of factors influencing the experience, but, for the most part, SixT seems to be a good discount option.

Maureen E. Serge

I was so surprised to see the negative reviews for Sixt. I have been renting cars from Sixt for approximately 2 years and have never had a problem, and the customer service was fantastic. Besides their prices being the best in town, I always receive fast courtesy service from the counter people. Granted, I only rent when I am in Las Vegas, but I am there 3 or 4 times a year and use Sixt all the time. I tried the rest of the car rentals and they are expensive and never had the car that I originally reserved. BRAVO to Sixt. To all the new customers, don't be swayed by someone else's negativity.

Michele Solana Orlando, FL

I rented a car by Rent cars and I paid for it. But after that I was charged again by Sixt. I send more than 10 emails and I couldn’t solve my problem. I paid Double! So they charged me 147.48 of fueling. I rented SUV…This is incredible? I was thinking where they put so much gasoline? This is ridiculous! I am felling Injured!

Valerie Kettlewell Nottingham, NGM

Zero Stars Dishonest Company As with other reviews, dropped my hire car off at Faro Airport with a full tank. The checkout paperwork stated the car fuel level was 8/8. A few days later I was charged £84!!! Contacted customer service, all they did was send the invoice for the fuel! Absolutely disgusted, avoid this company, totally dishonest.

W van London, ON

Arrived to pick up vehicle and they didn't have the one i request. Finally received my bill and was over charged $258.00. Not impressed so now I have to play phone tag to fight and get a refund.

Stefy L Colorado Springs, CO

I wish I could rate it no stars. They have tripled charged me for a car that I was suppose to get my $500 deposit back and than your charged another $500 to my account today. I have disputed both charges and tried to call multiple times. They have now tripled charged me for what should have only been $441. It’s a scam company and don’t answer your phone calls or emails, bad customer service. Cars are not clean and smell like smoke we couldn’t even have the air conditioning on it was so bad.

Cheryl Davis Ogden, UT

Sixt are crooks. I rented a car with them in a country that I don’t speak the language. They gave me the contract in that language only. They also pump your gas in that country. The gas attendant pumped the gas with the wrong gas type and then sixt put the blame on me and charged me for full repairs. For good measure, they even charged more than the repairs and Amex did a horrible job in investigating as sixt put two charges on my card and Amex doesn’t have the ability to investigate two concurrently. Unacceptable!

Robert Kozloski Chattanooga, TN

BE VERY CAREFUL, POSSIBLE SCAM - rented a Range Rover in Denver a year ago, dropped off car, attendant said I was good to go, didn't find a thing wrong with the car. The next day or so, received an email that said that there was $1,700 worth of damage to the car!!!! They have you over a barrel here and there's nothing you can do about it other than trash them and submit BBB complaints!!! BEWARE!!!!

Banana Omg Janesville, WI

Iniitial thought was great seeing that there was no line at airport and we quickly were able to leave for our vacation. Agent Ryan told us our reserved car was too small and we would need a bigger vehicle. Agent told my husband that he could upgrade us for less than the reservation with a "family discount" of $60 per day. He also explained that the upgraded fees would be refunded upon returning the car. Then we received a charge of $1600 for the week. Upon reporting this scam, customer service only refunded $300. Then I was told there was nothing more they could do. Shady company...no wonder no one was there to rent cars with them at the airport. My husband even tipped Ryan as he thought he was so nice and helpful. What a scam.

Anni Shabannia Tirana, TR

This is a rip off company. Be aware and NOT rent from them. I already did the mistake and i will sue the for sure. After i rented the car with a extremely high price comparing to their competitors, i wasnt even told that i had to pay extra if my husband would drive, i just found put when i saw the invoice. After that, i left a guarantee of 300€, and when i took the car back i was told that it was ok and i would have my guarantee back in my card right away. After i arrive home, i recieve an email claiming that i had damaged the car. Luckily i took a video before i took the car that showed tha the scratches were already there when i got it, otherwise they would have taken the 300€. A month later, without notice, they took 39€ from my credit card supposely as comission to pay a fine that i never recieved. They keep sending invoices for this 39€ eventhough they already took it for a fine that never existed. Be aware and do not leave them your credit card details or they will keep taking money from you.

Ken Jackman Grand Junction, CO

During the pandemic of March 2020, Sixt was the worst company to deal with for our cancelled golf outing We will never use them again!!! We had prepaid our fees, and then the country shut down due to the pandemic.. All the other businesses that we had paid ahead of time, gladly refunded our money. This included hotels and golf courses. I was on the phone to Sixt several times, but they said they were sticking to their prepaid refund policy. We received a partial refund and the rest in credits. We will never be able to use them. Other companies had tough refund policies as well, but because of the pandemic where we were forced to cancel, they all stepped up….

Kevin Dixon New York, NY

Worst car rental experience of my entire life bar none. As many other reviewers have stated, a reservation is not a promise of a car. I waited over an hour at the counter for them to track down a car, any car. Fortunately I was the first one at the counter, because there were several people behind me who presumably waited much longer. Once I finally received a car, the low tire pressure light came on about 10 miles down the road. I filled it to the manufacturers recommended air pressure, and made it about another 10 miles before the light came on again. I check the tires closer, and they are nearly bare of treads. Start driving the car back and the tire blows. I call customer service and they tell me "No problem, get the tire replaced and save the receipt for a full reimbursement". Now that the cars been returned, they refuse to reimburse me, and refuse to respond with anything other than a copy/paste message that they are not responsible for the damage. I have been trying to work with customer service for days now, and they're a complete dead end. I see that Sixt likes to reply to these reviews and act like they're going to fix it, but rest assured if this review is still up they havent fixed anything.

Robin Alexander Smithfield, VA

In November 2021 We rented a luxury car at the Tampa International Airport from SIXT for 5 days. On the 4th day a rock hit the windshield on the interstate and cracked it. I called to report the incident and discovered that the young man did not add on the insurance we requested. After returning the car I filled out an incident report and left my personal insurance information. Today I received a bill from a COLLECTION AGENCY. Sixt never contacted me prior to this at all, which is extremely UNPPROFESSIONAL. They could have called or sent a bill directly to me. Lesson learned, when you rent an expensive car check your paper work, after discussing the benefits of the extra insurance it was not actually added on. Was it an oversight or incompetence? I just sent the $2000 payment for the windshield. I probably wouldn’t be upset if it was something I had done, but this was something out of anyone’s control and just turning it over to a collection agency instead of sending a bill first is just bad business. Thanks SIXT I’ll be sure to tell everyone I can about how you treat your customers!

Ghada Ibrahim Toronto, ON

The worst customer service. Rude employees. Fake rentals because you book and pay online, You call the location to confirm the rental will be ready then you you arrive and they tell you that there is no available vehicle for you once you arrive. The supervisor is rude, condescending and tells you that the bottom line is that your online confirmation number and the call you made to confirm the pick up doesn’t guarantee your booking is real. I took a taxi to get to the airport to pick up the rental and I was told nothing is available. The supervisor was completely inappropriate and condescending telling me company policies that don’t apply to me just to divert the conversation. Please use other companies to rent. This was one terrible experience.

Andrea Karina Gonzalez Miami, FL

I’m very dissatisfied with my first experience at Sixt. Not only did we receive a downgrade after booking for an SUV (we received a compact car) and the fee was not adjusted to reflect this downgrade. When trying to extend for an additional week we were provided with the same fee. Customer service was very unsatisfactory. Initially spoke to Kayla a representative at the call center who was very short and not only hung up the phone several times and was reluctant to transfer us to the supervisor. Then spoke to the “supervisor” Marsia Who sounded just like that first representative who did not provide a solution.

Edgar Cooper Naples, FL

Dan and Morgan at RSW provided great customer service helping us with a replacement vehicle after we lost our car keys. They were very professional and couldn't have been nicer!

Robert Jones Brooklyn, NY

Sixt always goes above and beyond to accommodate me with my car rental needs, this is the second time they upgraded my car without changing me anything extra, I’ve been renting cars from sixt for a few years now and i love doing business with them, will definitely continue to use sixt rental A+++++

Helen Casserly Rochester, NY

Vikram, Khalid & Nick at (BHX) Birmingham Airport Sixt rental car provided me with EXCEPTIONAL service. My family was in crisis & my original contract with the Heathrow Airport office was misinterpreted & no longer served my needs. I arrived in an extremely distressed state, but was treated with so much empathy & compassion. They made me feel that no problem was insurmountable. I applaud Vikram, Khalid & Nick, they have ensured my loyalty to Sixt. ~ Helen Casserly ~

Tommie L Dallas, GA

They have nice new cars and the staff is friendly and professional. It’s the least stressful rental or travel arrangement I have ever had to deal with. Actually with the miles I drive for work me renting a car from them is cheaper then buying a new one and paying a big insurance bill and maintenance. Brittany B has been especially efficient and always brought me a fresh new car out within minutes. She is definitely is off the charts when it comes to customer service.

Robert Walker Boerne, TX

I booked a car rental with Sixt at the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport in advance of a vacation to Scottsdale. Upon arrival at the airport we realized we had too many bags (bulky golf clubs) to easily access the rental shuttle and thus I left my wife with most bags at the terminal while I took golf clubs and took the shuttle to the rental center and then drove back to pick up my wife. Unfortunately, I left the copy of my rental agreement in a bag with my wife but the agent was able to pull it up on his computer. I remembered ballpark numbers regarding the rental with the base price of $315 and taxes and fees taking the total up to just over $450. The car I had reserved was a Mercedes Gla or equivalent. While the agent did not specifically say there were none of that category available, he asked what type car I wanted. I said I didn't have a specific vehicle in mind and to be honest could not remember exactly what Mercedes model was listed and shown on my reservation. He turned the computer monitor around for me to see and first pulled up a Volvo station wagon to which I showed no interest. He then pulled up a Mercedes E300 and asked if that was ok and I said yes, it would. He did not make it clear it would be an upgrade and thus more expensive. He mentioned I had booked a base rate of $315 (plus change) and then said he could give me a first time renter's discount and AAA discount which yielded a rate of $216 plus tax and fees. It was not explained to me this was in addition to the amount of my reservation. The contract I eventually got a copy of did list it as an upgrade choice with the new charges as additional charges. However, there was nothing provided in print or shown to me on a monitor that included that information. All I saw on the little electronic pad that I signed on was a line for my signature. Now, I know it is my responsibility to be aware of what I am signing whether the electronic pad on which I am signing is displaying all the details or not. I did not know I could scroll back on the pad to see all the other information but I don't know that I would have even had I known, based on what I thought I understood from the way presented by the agent. Perhaps in the back of my mind I was rushed to get back and pick up my wife and bags and was not as attentive as I should have been. I do not think the agent was trying to take advantage of me or screw me. He was a very nice man and I would gladly deal with him again. Even if he never mentioned everything was additional charges, I should have inquired and read in detail what I was signing. Once I realized the total charges was almost $750 instead of just over $450, I was very disappointed. I contacted Sixt customer service and presented the information I have detailed here and after a brief investigation on their end got back to me. They did not want to have a very unhappy first time customer and made a one time exception as a good will gesture and credited me the additional charges. When I first made my reservation online, I was impressed with Sixt competitive rates although they deal with a higher class vehicles. I will definitely rent with them again, but I will also do my due diligence to make sure I fully understand every aspect of the rental and the associated costs. I highly recommend Sixt due to their excellent customer service, and their higher class vehicles at reasonable rates.

Andrew jones The Villages, FL

I have. Had. 3 cars from sixt all smell of cigarette smoke poor customer service poor selection of cars absolutely pathetic staff back street location , this the worst company I have ever dealt with I suggest never choose this company save the heartache’s

L joy Orland Park, IL

I was somehow booked twice, by this company! I cannot cancel or alter my reservation online- there is always an error. My trip dates have changes AND I never wanted 2 cars! They say only to email them, a week later no response, other than saying they received my email! This is ridiculous!

annalara ellerup Ballston Spa, NY

I had a flight change and just wanted to modify the pick up date. Via email they denied my request to change pick up. Fine. But now I would be a no show and lose my entire reservation. I emailed them 5 days in a row. Canned response each time. No way to reach a live person. Expedia recommended I call the pick up location but no phone number available for that location. Horrible experience. Thankfully Expedia was able to finally cancel the entire reservation.

Barzan Khailany Eden Prairie, MN

Beware of this rental car company, completely rip off!!! rented a car for 4 days, after I returned the vehicle in 2 days, they kept the charges without any credit for couple of days I haven't used.....Their excuse, since I rented the vehicle through a third party, in this case it expedia, they will not refund any charges, it's under expedia discretion for any type refund ... what a rip off!!You will not know any of these details until you receive the charges on your credit card bill.... Stay away from this rental company, if I the option of no stars for rating i will select it....

Jacksonkev90 Newport Beach, CA

SCAM RENTAL CAR - I rented a car here on Feb 3-feb 5, 2022. I returned it in same condition, they even had me sign some digital hand held device. 6 weeks later they sent me an email saying i caused damage to their car of 4000 euro, and that their insurance covers 3500 euro , so i am liable for 500 euro. they then charged my card. I disputed but it didnt help. Sixt is scamming their customers. Never use them.