Priceline Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 17th, 2022

Founded in 1997, Priceline is a travel site that helps consumers find and book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company has several other brands and subsidiaries under its umbrella in order to help customers receive the best deals on travel accommodations.

Keep reading for details about Priceline, plus read Priceline reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Family of Brands
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Navigation
  • Hotel Guidebook

Family of Brands

For over 20 years, Priceline has cultivated and evolved its travel booking service to keep travelers coming back as often as possible. The company's family of brands includes Booking.com, Kayak, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, just to name a few. As part of The Priceline Group, Priceline travelers can expect to see results comprised of information from thousands of booking sites.

Travel Accommodations

Priceline seeks to give its customers as much freedom as possible by allowing them to name their preferred price and bid for their trip accommodations. Travelers can book the following through Priceline's platform:

• Hotels
  • Flights
  • Rental cars
  • Vacation packages
  • Cruises

Navigation

Priceline has made it so that its platform is easy to navigate, offers some of the best deals in the industry, and gives travelers the "low down" on each vacation and travel package that is offered on its website. Consumers can search for vacation options by destination or star rating in order to quickly find what they are looking for.

Hotel Guidebook

One of the best services offered by Priceline is its hotel guidebook, which helps travelers understand the features and services that they will receive from each hotel that they are considering.

The Bad

• Pricing Discrepancies
  • Limited Foreign Listings
  • Travel Insurance Concerns

Pricing Discrepancies

There are some discrepancies in terms of pricing that Priceline customers should be aware of. For instance, resort fees are not included in bidding, which means that even if a customer gets a hotel deal on Priceline, they could be subject to additional resort fees of $25 or more. This obscure part of its terms of services could greatly inflate travel prices for customers who purchase a stay at a hotel or resort.

Limited Foreign Listings

For American consumers looking to travel internationally, Priceline is not the optimum first choice due to its limited offerings for out-of-country accommodations. Priceline's foreign vacation deals are limited to the following destinations:

• Puerto Rico
  • The Caribbean
  • The Bahamas
  • Cancun

Travel Insurance Concerns

While Priceline does offer travel protection, there are some concerns about this feature. For example, the company's travel protection coverage is not available outside of the United States. Although Priceline does a nice job of meeting the needs and interests of those traveling within the U.S., the needs and interests of individuals traveling outside of the country are not covered. Travelers should also be aware that Priceline's travel protection does not cover voluntary trip changes or cancellations.

The Bottom Line

Priceline offers booking for several travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles. The company also provides effective navigation and a hotel guidebook to help customers quickly find exactly what they are looking for.

However, Priceline's foreign listings are limited and its travel insurance is not available outside of the United States. Additionally, consumers should be aware that they may be subject to additional resort fees not included in their initial bid.

1.5

angela busenius Los Angeles, CA

If I could leave zero stars I would. we booked a car rental with Priceline for a car at Midway car rental. we indicated it would be a late pickup of 2100-2200. On the site it said we could pick up until 2359. when we went to pick up in Los Angeles, we quickly found out that Midway was closed and we were stranded in LA at night. when I called Priceline, they said all their “policies” would let them do is cancel my rental. they said I needed to let the rental place know I was late pick up. When I said the hours on the door said it closed at 2000, I was told “sorry nothing we can do”. this company is a joke and I strongly recommend you do not use them for any services. Luckily there was a Budget down the street that had cars or we would have been stuck with no options.

1 day ago

Diedre Rubino New Westminster, BC

The Priceline website is miss leading! It says one thing and confirms something different. I thought I was booking 2 rooms for 4 people in Canadian dollars. Instead I received 2 rooms for one person per room and was charged in US dollars. I had to pay extra to the hotel to have 2 people in each room and I couldn't cancel my reservation or I would have lost on the USD conversion because it was charged on my Canadian credit card. I spent endless hours emailing and calling both Priceline and Agoda customer service with no solutions. 3 associates said they would call me back and escalate my issue. No callback and they stopped replying to my emails. I used them once and will never use Priceline/Agoda again!!

zugey muniz Orlando, FL

I have tried to resolve a matter with Priceline, the associate who answered the phone. Her name Elizabeth does not qualify as professional, I had purchased a reservation through their website and parchase a hotel reservation with insurance, that stated the full refund in case of any situation, I got to hotel and I couldn't stay cause the it was completely infested with roaches, I went back to front desk stated the issue and the I want to cancel they told me they cannot cancel or refund me cause it was done through a third party that i have to cancel through Priceline to get my refund and they apologize for the inconvenience, i explained all this to the young lady in the phone Elizabeth she place me in hold few times to reach out to hotel and she couldn't get a respond from them, she told me that she cannot refund back my money that she can do a consolation discount, to the entire conversation she uses the "oh well" statement which is very unprofessional and not showing empathetic feeling at all, I politely ask her if she can't resolve the refund that i don't need to talk no more if she can pass her supervisor, at soon i ask for supervisor she feel treat and I ask her for her operator # and she tell me she cannot provide that for her safety like I am sore type of criminal, and I apologize and emphasized that I am just following protocols and I have call before and associate has provided that information, but the that's ok that obviously she does not follow her compliance or rules and also express I have friend that work with same company and they provide that information, but I was not going to keep talking to her and to please pass me the supervisor she puts me on hold and the comeback that i have to wait 20 or more minutes because they have a high call volume, I did not ask for another representative I have ask for a supervisor , I also ask her for her corporate phone number and she stated that she cannot provide it for safety issue and that she do not have that information , this young lady obviously need to go back to training on how to handle this kind of conversation with customer also she need to re take her compliance practice test that company like this have to take every year. Because of all this waiting I never got a supervisor on the line to resolve the issue, but I will take it to another level and will go through compliance and also all the government entity that Priceline has to respond to. I will submit a letter to all the chiefs to take this handle is ridiculous that things like that happen in a big company like this and their own employees are not properly trained with professionalism or empathy is ridiculous. also, i see everyone is expressing their concern and they have not received a reply from none of this Chief or anyone who doesn't care. People need to start putting their comment is the social media and google directly to get the attention to resolve matters.

Glenda Falcone Los Angeles, CA

Priceline has no accountability once you book through them and to try to get any help is a trying experience!!! I booked a hotel room mind you a not so great one for my husband and his son this weekend for a baseball tournament there weren’t many options but needed somewhere to shower and rest for the weekend needless to say when they arrived they were told the room book a non smoking 2 queen bedroom was given away but they could have a smoking single bed room which blows my mind how on earth do you give away someone’s room after it’s PAID FOR especially at a crappy motel that was over priced to begin with. Then to call Priceline and be told they can’t do anything we have to speak to the motel directly which my husband obviously did but I wanted the money credited ASAP and a Guarantee that it would be refunded but no one could do this so needless to say we may be out $444 for a 2 night stay at a crappy motel 6 ……. Thanks Priceline for ripping hardworking people off!!!!

Mark Hooks Orlando, FL

I booked a Disney hotel on PRICELINE upon clicking confirm purchase the site jumped to SNAPTRAVEL. It confirmed my purchase but NO total or anything. I searched and couldn't find the travel info (or total charged) anywhere - ended up on phone with DISNEY for an hour. They finally found it after transferring me to their wholesale expert. SNAPTRAVEL sent an email that I found in my TRASH..... I was charged $100 in fees without permission. The cost of the hotel ended up being higher than if I just booked thru Disney. There is nothing you can do either..... I have used PRICELINE for years for travel. But will no longer trust them. This is just a way to get more money from everyone and FALSE advertising of the nightly rate.

Marty Quint Kansas City, MO

Inaccurate listing showing a hot tub. Customer service rep denied seeing a clear photo of a hot tub, then told me it wasn’t a hot tub and that they were not responsible for the error since it didn’t list hot tub in the amenities even though the hyperlink to pool area took me to the photo of a hot tub they said didn’t exist in the first place. The hotel hasn’t had one in years! We booked this hotel and paid a premium for it because of this amenity they falsely advertising and their response denying the photo and telling me it wasn’t a hot tub is ridiculous. Wasn’t looking to get the night comped but acknowledging the error and possibly providing some sort of future credit would have been appropriate. The rep was extremely rude and condescending.

senthil kumar murugan Butler, PA

Not even willing to give the stars for Priceline. It is really cheating the people in the name of booking and their cancellation policy even if its a human error .I will not recommend people booking in priceline

Tori IL

Priceline is awful! They will lie to you like it is nothing. Kept saying they were calling the hotel and that the hotel was unable to give me a refund, but when I called the hotel said no what they told Priceline is that Priceline owns the reservation so they would have to process the refund. Oh also found out that when you book with Priceline hotels charge Pricelines "credit card" not yours. That is why the hotel can not just refund you! Horrible just horrible. Save yourself the trouble and book directly with the hotel or use Expedia.

ADAM COPPER Chicago, IL

I filed a complaint with the BBB on this. I was charged $247 per person just to re-book a flight 1 day earlier because the US MILITARY changing our sons boot camp graduation date. This is not supportive of US MILITARY families and an unethical business practice. We contacted American Airlines who said we should have called them and they would have gladly "without any fees" changed our flight. PRICELINE needs to do right by people. This was dirty, unfair, and on the verge of illegal.

Jacklin Pfaff South Pasadena, CA

No transparency with “taxes and fees”. When I asked for a breakdown I was told it’s based on their profit margin. This company is unethical and unlawful. Customers are treated disrespectfully and there is no true manager to speak to about issues. How can a company charge a customer for a tax and not be able to provide the actual tax rate? How can a fee be charged without actually providing information about what the fee is? Don’t trust Priceline. Don’t use Priceline. They have no regard for their customers and are scamming people out of money for to meet their profit margins.

Marlena Farmer Camdenton, MO

I purchased a hotel room through Priceline and the address was not on my initial confirmation so I contacted support. Support informed me that I booked through booking.com and would have to contact them in order to obtain the information. When I make a transaction on a website I expect it to be with the business I went to, not a different site. When I made my purchase there was no notice that they transaction was through booking.com. I would be fine with the "shared inventory" if there was a notice but it is dishonest to lead customers to believe they are using Priceline when they are using a different site.

Charlie Z FL

Booked a trip to Corpus Cristi threw Priceline. Flight and Hotel United was the flight and LaQuinta hotel by the airport. I have a few meeting and had book a three day stay. Meeting were done and decided to leave the hotel a day early and catch a flight back home. I changed threw the United instead of Princeline. I received a “PRINT OUT” from La Quinta with my name confirmation number date/ stay and the refund amount! The hotel said I had to contact Princeline to get my refund put back to my card????????So when I arrived back home I called Princeline. They said after a 30 min hold that they couldn’t get ahold of the front desk?????They said try back another day! I 4 times calling back in. They then said, what was the name of the person at the front desk? Complete madness! I hung up and never will call back. I will NEVER use Priceline again. Complete con once they have your money! Oh and the hotel they recommended was garbage.

Shu Liu San Francisco, CA

Wish there was 0 start I can select. I will definitely select 0. I booked a flight on Priceline and had to cancel later on cuz of work. They say I get full travel credit back. However, trust me, with the full travel credit you have in hand now, you can do nothing. They have so many rules about those travel credits, like you can't book it with a round trip, but only a one-way trip or you literally can't use the travel credit with Delta to book anything and they had to spend 1.5 hrs to find it ou and tell me that. Ever since I had to rebook the trip, I spent 4 hrs, just to communicate with what I want to do, the flight details, and eventually nothing was successfully done. so in the end, I just gave up on the so called travel credit as I don't ever want to waste another second of my life with them. I wish everyone would be aware of what they will encounter once using Priceline. all the money could be gone. NEVER EVER USE PRICELINE!!!

EM Boulder, CO

It only took me over 2 hours and 12 calls to get a direct answer. In the past I have had adequate customer service with Priceline. I am abhorred by the run around and multiple calls I had to make back and forth to Priceline as well as the hotel and waiting on hold while Priceline called the hotel multiple times. No refund, okay, I get it. I'd love to be there and go to the concert I planned to, however due to COVID infection of the musicians they cancelled the show. I asked to please move my dates (another hour) and was finally told that was not an option. Finally I asked if I could transfer my stay to another person, and was not given a direct answer, but a runaround AGAIN. Then hung up on while on hold...Then finally told they could not do anything because... Get this - "I was scared to travel" WTF. I'm happy to travel, just not to spend gas driving over 2 hours to just stay in a hotel BECAUSE A CONCERT WAS CANCELLED. Cutting up my Priceline card and moving on. There are plenty more options out there.

MDuyck1292 Soldotna, AK

The small company I work for made a reservation for a rental car by mistake. We tried to cancel within 10 minutes after the said mistake, and they will not refund the rental. The Priceline home page for rental cars goes on about "Free Cancellation" on MOST rental cars. When I brought this up, the customer care member said the confirmation email clearly said it at the very bottom. I brought it to his attention that this was only stated (and buried in disclaimer text at the bottom of an email) after the transaction was completed, and they said there is no grace or wiggle room. Needless to say, we will never do business with priceline again.

Priceline-Never again, stay away Vernon, BC

I am a Canadian, who stayed at a hotel in Canada and used a Canadian credit card to pay the hotel bill through Priceline. I was charged in US funds even though the cost of the room was the same in Canadian currency. The final bill was $215 more once the currency rate was applied. After looking back on the website I noticed the costs were in USD. However, the font used for this statement was tiny, smaller than the size of fonts used on the web page and in light blue colour. I feel this intends to make it hard for a customer to notice the type of currency used. I phoned Priceline and talked to a representative and asked that the charges be converted back to Canadian rather than US currency. She refused and said that I had agreed to the "contract". I also talked to her supervisor who also pointed out that I had agreed to the contract, so they wouldn't be able to make the change. I mentioned that the "prices are in USD" statement on their website was printed in a very small font, smaller than the fonts used on the rest of the page and that the colour of the font was a pale blue colour, which made it less noticeable than would be if it was written in a larger and black coloured font like the rest of the information statements on the rest of the website. I asked her repeatedly if she thought it was fair to the customer to have the statement written as shown-she refused to answer, saying she was sorry but there was nothing she could do to remedy the situation. I don't usually swear but couldn't help expressing myself! The hotel was fine, typical 3-star rating. Too bad I can't give negative stars to this sham of a business! Shame on you Priceline!

Sharon Courcelle Fair Haven, VT

For a business trip, my daughter booked a car VIA Priceline for pick up at the rental company's LAX location on May 1. The contract was in my name (not my daughter's) as I was the sole driver of the car. The car was returned to the pre- specified "before business hrs" lot on May 7. UNDAMAGED. At some point mid-May, I don't have the exact date, my auto insurance co. contacted my daughter about a damage "claim". What?! How did the car rental company have her name? I had completely forgotten about the reservation through Priceline. So, of course, I immediately called U-Save to demand an explanation. Unfortunately, I had to leave a v.m. asking for a return call. And got nothing... I instructed our insurance company to deny the claim and to investigate how /why they had contacted by daughter. It was all very, very suspicious. In fact, until I confirmed the identity of the person from my own insurance company I considered they were possibly part of the scheme??? Within a few weeks I learn that in addition to the fraudulent damage claim U-save has charged my employer's visa card $600 without any explanation. Again, I reach out by phone without success. Of course our business is disputing the charge. About two weeks later I receive my first contact, an email, informing me that I owe $60(ish) for a toll charge. No way! I still have no explanation for the $600. And I have no recollection of a toll?? I replied to the email asking for an immediate return call. In addition, I left yet another message at the LAX location. I'm certain at this point they do not answer their phone. Today, July 1, 60 days later, I have received no response to my inquires from U-Save. That includes phone calls and messages to their corporate office in Ridgeland, MS. I have had a FRAUDLENT damage claim filed and unfortunately paid by my car insurance company because it was cheaper for them than to dispute the claim. Which will no doubt mean an increase in my rates.... AND my corporate card has been charged not once but twice a total of $660, since the return of the car. My recommendation: BUYER BEWARE ALL U-SAVE CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL LOCATIONS! And, don't ever drop your rental off without taking a full inspection video 1st. And beware of reserving on Priceline. Is someone from PL in on the scam?? Of course there is not proof. Just BEWARE. In addition to sharing here on the BBB I plan to be publicly share in the professional forum for the business conference that I attended as well as on LinkedIn about my horrible experience with U-save. For U definitely DO NOT SAVE. I have had nothing but stress in dealing with issues from this car rental since my return. Not to mention, public embarrassment. I have never had an experience like I have had with U-Save.

CD Toronto, ON

We were a family of 11, including three infants, who had booked an overnight at the Rome Hilton Airport hotel before our flight back to Toronto. Our flight from Sicily to Rome was delayed and we arrived at the Airport Hilton late in the evening. We had booked four rooms through Priceline and had confirmed with Priceline several times before arriving that the reservation was good. Well, we had a injured senior (in a lot of pain) and a sick baby so we were anxious to get into our rooms. When we arrived we were informed that we had no reservations and told to move aside. What? Then, after two hours of calling Priceline (yes, of course, you have a reservation) and arguing with the hotel, most of our group was transported to another hotel where they had to pay high rates and the injured senior was given an accessible room at the original hotel also at a high rate. In the end, it appears that Priceline’s third-party booking service had screwed up. Oh, sorry. Priceline was willing only to refund what we had paid for the original rooms (that were, in fact, not reserved) plus 20%. It is hard to describe that nightmarish two hours was like, including all the stress with crying babies in a crowded lobby. Priceline is a disgrace and clearly has NO interest in building a reputation for customer service. Best to avoid them in future.

Defendapack Wearable Protection for Life Wellington, FL

Hi, My name is Hilario James Jr., I have never filed a complaint with the BBB, as I am someone who believes you get what you pay for. I searched on 2/01/22 for a 2 night stay in Gainesville FL to visit our daughter at UF for the nights of 2/11 - 2/13 with Priceline, in my search I specified "Pet Friendly" in my filters, when I was about to book a room, I had a pop-up from Priceline indicating that there was a special discount, if I allowed them to book a hotel out of the 3 select hotels they provided, I agreed and unfortunately for me, they booked the worst hotel of the 3 for $279 total. I still was willing to stay at the hotel until I read a few of the reviews, that stated that customers were turned away when they brought their pets to check-in and upset that they requested a pet friendly Hotel, but the Hotel was not responsible and they needed to go elsewhere. I immediately contacted Priceline customer service on (02/01), and asked that they transfer me to another hotel that was "Pet Friendly" stating I would gladly pay more and there were at least 2 weeks before the initial reserv., the customer service rep., stated there would be no transfer nor will there be a refund and we should just leave our pet at home. This of course led to a debate for approx. one hour, with no resolution. I ended the call by pleading, they cancel the reserv. and telling the rep., I would have to book another hotel for the same timeframe, which the rep., stated that was my problem. Ultimately I had to book another hotel for 2/11 - 2/13,. I tried disputing this charge with my credit card company to no eval. My complaint with Priceline is, if the customer filters the need for a "Pet Friendly Hotel", you should not be offering anything but (ps...the other 2 hotels were pet friendly), and if it were their mistake, they should be willing to transfer or amend the original reservation, for unsuspecting customers. How many victims have they defrauded with this technique & why are they allowed?

roni Yorba Linda, CA

I wish I could give a zero star review. I am extremely unsatisfied with the service I received this morning from Priceline. I called to ask for a refund after the hotel we stayed in became part of crime scene. I was scheduled to stay from June 17-22. I checked in in the early morning hours on June 17th. I was only there for two hours before we had to be escorted out by the police because of our neighbors in the next room. I did not want to stay at the hotel and when I called Priceline, they said they could not issue refund but offered a 15% discount on future reservations. That is not acceptable. I would have hoped Priceline customer service would stand behind their customers and make things right. Our safety was in jeopardy and the hotel not Priceline are doing nothing to compensate us. I will be writing a review on every social media out there advising everyone of the horrible services of Priceline."

kristina grossman Round Lake, IL

I booked 2 rooms and paid in full. Had 5 people. Get to the hotel. They only have 1 room. Had to pay more money. Priceline would not help. Don't use Priceline.

Mrs Adams Pocatello, ID

I have used Priceline for years without a problem, but their current customer service and hotel ratings leave much to be desired. They may as well not offer customer service it would be more satisfying knowing there isn't any help than being disconnected by one agent and receiving no help from another. My 3 star hotel deal was not a 3 star hotel deal The hotel was not well maintained or cleaned. Have you ever had a shath? The shower runs while you have a bath. The air conditioner sounded like an ice machine and the restaurant closed hours earlier than the posted hours.

Fiorella Herencia

I booked my honeymoon through Priceline, and I specifically picked the option for All Inclusive since we didn't want to worry about anything. I thought paying extra was worth it. Surprise came when we got to the hotel and the front desk told us it wasn't all Inclusive. I called Priceline and no one was able to help. They advertised something and didn't delivered. I'm never booking with them again. Worst experience ever.

Lakisha Henry-Simmons GA

If I could give them a negative 10 review I would! Horrible experience and horrible customer service. I booked a room and arrived at the hotel…the hotel was seedy smelled or weed and urine; hotel management agreed with me, but could not give my money back since it was booked through Priceline. I called Priceline and advised and they let me know there was nothing they would do…nothing. I will NEVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN!

Jenn Rockford, IL

Don’t book with them! Worst customer experience ever! They gave me a credit in may for my flight cancellation and I tried to use that credit to book a flight now, called priceline and no one seems to know what happened to my credit and keeps telling they going to scale the issue or put me on hold. At this point they can keep that money! It’s no worth the hassle but they just lost a customer.

Judy Kohout Beaver Dam, WI

Booked a non refundable hotel room in Brookfield, Wisconsin for 5 days! What a dump for a hotel rated 8.2 …Sonesta Brookfield, Wisconsin hotel. Smelled of mold throughout the hotel. Many amenities missing and or not functional. Talked to Priceline as the smell was making me nauseous! Of course, not their problem. No acceptable resolution was offered. Just a repeat of their non refundable policy. Don’t let this company screw you. Pay a little more and have a happy vacation! Actually her for a funeral for my niece.

Matthew Bush Jacksonville, FL

I booked a room on Priceline for a Monday to Thursday stay and realized I had booked it 1 week too soon. I called 4 minutes later and asked if I could change the reservation at which point they said they could only cancel 2 nights but I would pay for the third. I spoke with several people all of whom told me they contacted the hotel and they would not let them. So I called the hotel. They were fine with the change as long as Priceline would do it…They would not. They kept telling me to call the hotel, which I had done, and it was their discretion. I ended up losing $150 for no reason at all other than they wouldn’t change the reservation by 1 week 5 minutes after the reservation was made. ALWAYS BOOK THROUGH THE PROPERTY…ALWAYS!

Mrs. K T Dallas, TX

I booked a rental car for my trip on June 3rd and the airport car rental thrifty had the rude and unprofessional workers. The guy said we had to wait an hour and then a rude lady came out snapping her neck and said we have no cars. They did not try to help us get Ubers or any transportation from the airport at 1 am. Contacted Priceline and the lady Joyce was just as rude and never helped me get my money back for a rental I never received. My friend had to pay Uber 120 to drop me off at their home which was an hour and a half away. Big let down. NEVER USE THEM FOR RENTAL CAR SERVICES AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.

Bobbie Rosharon, TX

I was charged three nights by a hotel that I booked through priceline. I only stayed two nights and had one room. I sent the charges and explained to Priceline. They first contacted the owner who said he will not refund because it was paid to Priceline. I call Priceline for the refund. They said they would refund but first want to confirm the reservation with the owner.The hotel denied the refund because they confirmed I was accommodated. Priceline said they cannot provide a refund of the owner denies it. They care more about their relationships with the hotels then their customers. They call me a VIP customer. I have used them several times over the years and knowing they believe thus owner over me even when I have proof, leads me to believe they cannot be trusted and do not care about the customer

Daniel O'Brien Girona, GI

Please don't ever use Priceline!!! They are completely fraudulent and we were defrauded by them. They advertised a low rate for a hotel on the dates we had specified, when we hit 'book' online the dates we had entered changed and we booked non-refundable hotel fares. We immediately realised and reached out to Priceline and were told that even though we booked through them, that we had to contact their sister company booking.com as the fare was really with them. We could not reach booking,com to explain what had happened and change our dates and we subsequently lost $320 USD with Priceline completely unwilling to help. This is a a mega scam, DO NOT use them (please).

SPARTACUS The Jeep Virginia Beach, VA

They are dishonest, they advertised a hotel for $64 and it ended up $170 and I had 2 rooms at different hotels. I clicked on book it (the $64 rate) and got a pop up saying save and additional 17% so yeah! except it never told me that it was at the Redroof not the Super 8 I was trying to book. The Redroof parking lot couldn't accommodate my truck and trailer, after I booked the reservation which was $79 it says I'm confirmed for the Redroof. I chat with priceline and tell them what happened and was told once you book it it's yours, no refund or transfers. I already hated Priceline for their BS and only used them because they had (so I thought) the best rate and was just hours from the hotel....what could go wrong? Well had to book the Super 8 at $96 but I had to have a place to park. To add insult to injury the Super 8 was at best a $50 a night motel. It was clean but it was dated. A couple of new pictures on the wall doesn't count as an update in my book.

Julie Allen Idaho Falls, ID

Priceline has absolute horrible customer service. I made a mistake on the city i needed a hotel in and immediately contacted them to no avail. I am out 600 for room i could not use.

Alyces Floral Design Fort Walton Beach, FL

They are horrible, I have been on the phone for 3 hours trying to cancel a flight which isn't until end of June and they have transferred me and sent me to 6 different people. I am 73 years old and each person tells me a different story, trust me your customer service is AWFUL, your rating should be a 0.

Larisa Blackledge Evans, CO

We booked a car through their website but apparently they can't figure out how to have all the details of a car rental on their website so the car we booked had travel restrictions, thus we had to book a car at a different place for more money $$$$ and it's a smaller vehicle. And they can't see how they're not at fault. Oh, and customer service sucks. There number does Not connect you to priceline costumer service. What is up with that? Site is not even easy to use. It just keeps getting worse by the minute. Just don't use priceline.

Peter Lapso Baltimore, MD

We bought flight ticket and rent car (Sixt). Few days lattef we found that we 've been charged for car rental twice on 2 diferent credit cards, with diferent names and diferent banks. Solve it was nightmare. When call priceline you get someone in India. No email, no claim. To contact Sixt is lot worse. We never get answer from them. Eventualy bank fixed it but no more Priceline. Big mistake

Brenda Austin College Station, TX

I wish we didn't even have to give them 1 star, I book a reservation on line chose the area I needed to stay in, up pops a pick 3 deal and 2 of the hotels is where I needed to be and 1 was not, guess which they gave me, I called with in 7 minutes of the notification and they cannot do anything about it. I would lose the money's that was charged to my card, I should have known better, it is not the 1st time it has happened, but you can believe it will be the last, I'm completely done with this company and all the hidden crap.

Carlos Florence, AZ

I will never use priceline again. Stay away. I'm out $1100. I canceled within 2 hours of booking a hotel. I made a mistake with the dates. I called their so called customer service department . They are horrendous. I explained my situation and they pretty much said to bad. I would have taken a credit. I will never use priceline ever again. Stay away . You have been warned.

Bishwadeep Chakraborty Toronto, ON

Don't book at Priceline. Their agents quote a different price and hotels charge a different price. I have been charged $100more for my hotel. The Priceline agent had confirmed that total price was $326 is inclusive of all taxes. Priceline doesnt have Customer support as it goes to booking.com. you will be hassled between priceline and booking.com. bad customer service. Don't book at priceline

Bertrand Morin Gatineau, QC

DO NOT BOOK A RENTAL CAR THROUGH PRICELINE, especially not with ECONOMY RENT A CAR. Economy Rent A Car imposed a car insurance surcharge of 150$ for a week even though my car insurance covers this. All other car rental companies I've done business with in the past have accepted my own car insurance with no surcharge. They told if I didn't pay I wouldn't get the car. I tried contacting Economy once at the apartment to try to get this sorted out with customer support, they told me that I had accepted the charges since I signed all the papers and reiterated that if I didn't agree I had the choice of not taking the car. Well not really, the car was paid in full to Priceline and I needed a car for my vacation. I then tried Priceline's customer support. They replied that according to their review of the issue, the case was closed with Economy so there's nothing they could do. It's incredible that a company such as Priceline offers no support when they're responsible for choosing a fraudulent rental car company such as Economy Rent A Car.

Justin Boswell Carlisle, PA

We had a big Yosemite trip scheduled for this summer, it has been my dad's lifelong dream to go there and we finally got the money and an opportunity to do so. We ordered a flight that departs at 7am so we could get in San Francisco early to see the city and adjust and get a good nights sleep. Priceline rescheduled our flight so we would get there in the dead of night almost immediately with no warning (keep in mind we had also already scheduled our hotel and car rentals around this, so all of that had to be changed). We then rescheduled to a new flight that arrived that morning, and the next day both flights were cancelled. Now we're scrambling because we have near $1000 locked up in Priceline credits that they're saying they can't give back! Not only that, but we can only use the credits for one airline because their rules say so. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE SNEAKY MANIACAL LITTLE SCAMMERS AND THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY JUST AS THEY HAVE TO MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

Tom Shaw Novato, CA

I called PL because after my outgoing flight to Orlando was cancelled by the airline (Alaska), the rental period for my car was lessened by one day. I was able to fly out the next day and picked up the car a day late. The fair thing to do would have been to check my Dollar reservation to verify the truth of my story, then refund one day of the rental period...amounting, no doubt, to less than $100. PL refused, saying only that it was a non-refundable contract. They even acknowledged that the circumstances were completely outside of my control. This is the epitome of zero integrity. (* I should add that even when the first PL phone rep said she was going to refund my entire bill, I said no, that won't be necessary, since I picked up the car a day later. And I only drove for one less day than contracted!!) My next phone contact with a supervisor ended in humiliation and defeat. No refund, period....end of discussion! PL, may your zero integrity ultimately result in zero customers. That would be fair!

Replica_One Hunlock Creek, PA

BEWARE when booking a Priceline Pricebreakers deal. MAKE sure the hotels are in the same location. I assumed when 3 similar hotels were offered that they would be in the same location. Well, they aren't. And so far there is nothing I can do about. One hotel was Oceanfront and the other's were way over the bridge. No where near the beach. The idea of booking close to the beach is so that everything is in waking distance. It would take me an HOUR to walk to the beach from the hotel that Priceline selected. I called to try and have the booking switched to the higher priced pricebreakers deal, and Priceline refused. I didn't care if it was oceanfront or ocean block as long as it was by the beach. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH PRICELINE. The only thing like about them is that they are hotels.

Candace Brenner Chicago, IL

This company is shady! I had to cancel a flight due to my husband's death and they gave me a credit to use on future travel. HOWEVER, when I checked for flights, I saw the it on their website for slightly over 500.00 so I called to book it and use my credit toward it. I told the man I had a credit to use and he proceeded to tell me that the same flight I saw for 500.00 would now be over 1000.00. I asked if I could book it myself and use my credit and he said "no". Needless to say, my credit is still unused due to their sleezy price gauging. Word to the wise..if you have a credit with them, don't let them know until they give you the price of the flight. HORRIBLE customer service! Shame on this company!

Julie Jones

Horrible!!! I would rate Priceline with negative stars if I could!!! I booked hotel reservations through Priceline.com. I traveled 2 states away, which was over 9 hours of driving. When I arrived at my destination, I was told that the hotel was overbooked, and they had no room for me. This was the LAST thing I wanted to hear, after a long drive and not knowing anyone in the area. No other hotels had room either, due to an Apple Blossom Festival occurring that weekend. The associate at the hotel front desk told me that Priceline “buys up so many reservations, without knowing how many rooms there truly are available. Also, Priceline doesn’t share individual’s contact information with hotels - if they had, the hotel front desk would have contacted me before my trip began, I wouldn’t have wasted 20 hours!!

Rachel Mongiovi Summerville, SC

Their customer service was awful. The representative, who definitely was not based out of the US, couldn't help so I asked to speak with someone higher. I was told I would be put on a brief hold but they will be right with me, held for 30 minutes and they hung up. I called back and asked to talk with someone higher and was on hold for an hour only to be told oh well nothing we can do. The fees if you want to cancel a reservation even if it is over 30 days out is ridiculous. This was my first time using them and definitely my last. Every single one of my friends and co workers I've told also agreed don't bother with them. Better off booking directly through the hotel

Christian Moreno Madison, WI

Never book through them worse experience I've ever had. We booked a room for Caesars Palace in Vegas. When we got there they said they never received any reservation. They also said we can pay the full amount and that they will refund us as soon as Priceline sends in the reservation. Well I had to pay $600!!! for a room although they said that they will refund us I did not really panic. Well Priceline never send in my reservation and I was stuck paying $600 for the room! which I was told I was going to get a refund. 3 weeks later Priceline sends us their refund for the room we reserved through them.... Never again.

teri Indianapolis, IN

no receipt ' did not get the room I requested ' and when I called they lied and said I did not ask for a certain room I asked for beach front ocean front

Tabitha Sapough-Brown Sandy, UT

Scammers. 100%. They advertise a guarantee they don’t even honor FOR MY PURCHASE THAT COMPLIED WITH THEIR POLICY. They STOLE MY money and do not care. use them if you don’t want to be scammed

Justin Hicks GA

Worst travel company. Crooks. I had a delayed flight and booked a hotel under the impression it was for the night my flight was delayed. When I realized it was for later that evening Priceline would not refund me. I contacted them less than 5 minutes after booking

Jeff Roseville, CA

Book the room With full sea view and paid as nonrefundable. Once the payment went through and the confirmation was sent by Priceline the room sure partial Seaview. After contacting Priceline the acknowledge the mistake and they tried to fix the issue for two weeks later to cancel my booking without my permission