GEICO Auto Insurance Logo

GEICO Auto Insurance

Is This Your Business?

8.2

LAST UPDATED: January 9th, 2022

GEICO is one of the most well-known car insurance companies. It's known for its popular, humorous advertisements and for saving people money on auto insurance.

GEICO can help you save money by customizing your policy to what you need and qualifying for discounts. GEICO also helps you understand car insurance through helpful information on its website and its coverage calculator.

If you want to quickly see car insurance quotes and save money, GEICO is worth considering.

Read GEICO Reviews

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Online Coverage Calculator
  • Online Quotes
  • Customizable Policies
  • Competitive Discounts
  • Helpful Mobile App
  • Auto Repair Xpress® Program
  • Educational Information
  • Additional Insurance Products

Positive Reviews

Best Company has received a majority of positive GEICO car insurance reviews. Reviews reveal customer satisfaction with cost, customer service and claims.

Reviewers also appreciate the convenience of using GEICO's mobile app and website.

Online Coverage Calculator

GEICO has an online coverage calculator that can help you learn more about the kind of coverage you need. This calculator considers information like life events, the kind of coverage you want to add to your policy, and your vehicle ownership.

If you're just starting to look into car insurance, this calculator will help you figure out what kind of coverage you should include with your policy.

Online Quotes

GEICO also offers online quotes. These quotes help you quickly see insurance rates and can help you find savings on the auto insurance coverage you need.

You can also receive assistance from GEICO's local agents. They can answer your questions and help ensure that you get a policy that meets your needs.

Customizable Policies

GEICO allows you to customize your car insurance so that it covers everything you want in a policy. While you'll have the legally required coverage, you can also add coverage for emergency roadside services and rental car reimbursement.

Most states require car insurance policies to cover bodily injury, property damage, and uninsured motorists.

Other beneficial types of coverage are collision, comprehensive, medical, emergency roadside assistance, and rental car reimbursement. Comprehensive coverage offers protection for non-collision damage.

GEICO's coverage options mean that you can find an insurance product that meets your coverage and budget needs.

The ability to customize your policy allows you to purchase additional protection or save money depending on what you need.

Competitive Discounts

As a GEICO customer, you can save money on your car insurance rate with many different kinds of discounts:

• Good driver (5-year accident-free)
  • Multi-vehicle and multi-policy
  • Driver's education
  • Good student
  • Senior driver
  • Military
  • Federal employee
  • Student driver
  • Member and employee discounts (alumni organizations, etc.)
  • Car features (e.g. anti-lock brake system, air bags, daytime running lights)

With such a broad range of discounts offered, you'll find even more savings on your car insurance premiums.

Helpful Mobile App

GEICO makes managing your car insurance policy easy to do through the GEICO app. You can report claims through the GEICO mobile app, which makes the claims filing convenient.

Auto Repair Xpress® Program

If you've submitted a claim and your car needs repairs, you can use GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program. This program makes getting your car repaired easy. You'll drop off your vehicle and pick up a rental. The representative will keep you updated on the status of the repairs. Once the repairs are finished, you'll return the rental and pick up your car.

Educational Information

GEICO's website also has helpful educational information on car insurance. You can learn more about the coverage required in your state and what additional coverages you can add to your policy for more protection.

Additional Insurance Products

In addition to car insurance, you can purchase life insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, condo insurance, business insurance and more through GEICO.

If you're looking for a one-stop insurance shop, GEICO is a great option.

The Bad

• Negative Reviews
  • Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Negative Reviews

Although GEICO auto insurance reviews on BestCompany.com are mostly positive, the car insurance company has also received a fair number of negative reviews.

The reviews include communication issues with customer service representatives. These communication issues lead to misunderstandings of coverage and billing issues.

Reviewers also complain of wait times to reach a representative. Others had issues with claims.

While GEICO has mostly positive reviews, it's important to consider these complaints before deciding to buy an auto insurance policy.

If you're concerned about these negative reviews, you can find another car insurance provider that has a lower proportion of negative reviews.

Must Provide Personal Information to View Quotes

Before you can view quotes on car insurance, you need to provide your zip code and other personal information. This information includes your driver's license, address, and car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

If you're just in the research stages, you may not want to provide this information. However, an auto insurance provider will typically require this information to show realistic quotes on policies.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking to save money on car insurance, GEICO is worth researching further. You can save money by customizing your insurance policy and by qualifying for GEICO 's many discounts.

GEICO has primarily received positive reviews on BestCompany.com, which is promising.
However, it has a higher proportion of negative reviews compared to other auto insurers. Considering these reviews will help you make a good purchase decision.

With GEICO insurance, you can also benefit from a helpful mobile app that makes filing claims convenient. You can also have peace of mind when you're getting covered repairs by participating in GEICO's Auto Repair Xpress® program.

While you do have to provide personal information to view quotes, the savings and service offered by GEICO make it worth considering.

3.7

Lisa Wyatt Bellevue, WA

My windshield was broken, I contacted Geico about having it replaced. They were friendly, professional and quick to respond to my claim. They’re reasonably priced also. Very happy with them.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

Geico was my auto insurance for 3 years. During that time I had a rock chip and a hit and run happen to my vehicle. Geico was able to get me into a local rock chip repair company within a week and took care of all the financial details with the rock chip company. All I had to do was deliver my vehicle. When my vehicle was hit and run Geico referred me to an auto body shop and covered all expenses after my deductible was met. Geico is a great auto insurance company and easy to work with.

David Swenson Saint Paul, MN

I had Geico auto insurance for years. I had nothing but positive experiences with them. Although you don’t have a consistent agent their employees were always easy to communicate with and super helpful. Plus they have some of the best rates I’ve ever seen. I only switched when I bought a house and got a better bundling offer since Geico outsources their home insurance.

Erinmarie Xian Seffner, FL

Geicos app is the absolute BEST. So easy to maintain and or make changes and if you need to call CS they are always available to help you adjust your monthly fee and coverage. One thing i would love to see is a discount for paying in full... that would be nice.

Benita Avant-Carter Fort Lauderdale, FL

Geico is a very good insurance company with fair quotes. I had them for many years and then switched to Progressive (big mistake). Needless to say I've returned. Geico customer service is excellent. After Experiencing others. I'm really grateful.

Giulia

I have been using this company for two years and I am very happy with it. They have very affordable prices. Customer service is very attentive to answer all your questions. They always propose new solutions trying to adapt the proposed products to your needs and always trying to make you save as much as possible.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

I've used GEICO for my car insurance off and on for the past 6 years. The only time I left GEICO was for a promotion, but within the next year GEICO was able to beat the deal from the insurer. I love how easy it is to get a good rate for auto insurance and easy to pay and renew - they're great about offering options for adjusting your pricing and why/why not to take them (more coverage on x, more cost on y). The only reason I'd switch from GEICO now is to match my home insurance, but even then I'd expect GEICO to offer a huge discount there too.

Mary Fernandes New York, NY

I have been a customer with GEICO since 2001 and have always received excellent customer service. The processing of claims and their roadside assistance has been invaluable. I have had a few occasions where I’ve needed a new windshield or a jump to my battery. They are always very quick and helpful.

Bx Chick Yonkers, NY

I have had Geico insurance for nearly 30 years. Customer service has always been quick & courteous. I have always recommended them to my friends & family, as they have continued to provide competitive rates.

Laura Washington Augusta, GA

Very professional so far. I have had them about 3 years. I have not used them for any vehicle accidents. I have used their emergency services. Always received a quick and professional response.

Mandy Pesce Laurelton, NJ

Geico customer service and claim managers are extremely helpful and diligent. They were very helpful and informative after my car accident and worked with me to get everything handled in a timely fashion.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I've had Geico off and on for the last 10 years, and I am always happy with them . Geico auto insurance is almost always the best deal and the customer service is excellent. The website is excellent and easy to use also.

Prayer Partner Jacksonville, FL

We've had Geico for what seems like forever. They are like most insurance companies and the more you add, the cheaper it gets. But the star in their crown is the customer service. I was in the customer service business for 30 years and trained people how to treat the customer. The Geico employee must have learned from somebody just like me. I'm not one to hesitate to say "the customer may not always be right but as customers, we do help pay your salary". Never had to say that in one of the very few calls I've ever had to make to Geico. What a blessing.

James Goodman Port Orchard, WA

Geico is fine, and they are cheaper than most, but their claim service wasn't as fast a anticipated. I waited two days to hear back if my claim was going to be processed. And after an accident it's a stressful time, so waiting for the insurance to call, unfortunately heightens all anxiety that could be avoided with quicker service.

Morgan Elijah Tallahassee, FL

Although the insurance company can be quite exspensive I love that I know I’m covered in almost any incidence. My car is pretty reliable but in the case that someone else may be in the wrong I got the perfect coverage for that

altavise davis Tallahassee, FL

GEICO Auto Insurance is currently the insurer for my first car. They help ensure that I am having a safe time by allowing quick responses. I am currently enrolled under there no distractions drive easy app. I recommend them for everyone so that they can stay safe on the road !

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

I've been with Geico for over 20 years. They have been wonderful to me and my family from filing claims to getting a few days leeway on paying during tough times. Even though I have gotten offers for lower rates from other companies, I stay with Geico because they have always come through for us.

RONALD WHITE Phoenix, AZ

Though I have never had to file a claim with GEICO, we have been with them for well over 10 years now with very little increases in our semi-annual premiums. Customer service is excellent and I really appreciate their website where I can take care of most of my concerns with adding or deleting vehicles and getting quotes for our different vehicles. I highly recommend GEICO to most of my friends that have asked me about our vehicle insurance coverages. GEICO offers what I need for coverage at minimal premium cost.

Randie S. Edmond, OK

Great company that is easy to work with. We switched back to Allstate because of a promotional thing my husband wanted. We didn't have anything negative happen when we had their services, definitely recommend! Also, this past January, I was in a very minor scrape and scratch with one of their customers. Though there was some struggle getting the driver to pull up theinsurance, it was all there on the police report. They provided a reasonable settlement on the claim, my car was fixed, and we parted ways. Easy to work with, customer service was nice and made sure to get every detail of both sides of the story, and I highly recommend them both as a previous customer and precious claimant.

Jeff Dallas, TX

I have not had to file a claim, so no experience there. Rates were good when I signed up but I should check around to make sure I'm still getting the best rate I can. I really like that my insurance cards are available in my Geico app. They auto draft my monthly payments and honestly I never hear from them. Every 6 months I get my new policy. My wife has a MINI Cooper. The state of New Mexico has misspelled it in their system, it calls her car a MNNI. Every 6 months our other 4 cars never have a problem, but we always get a letter from the state of New Mexico saying that we do not have insurance on our MINI and threatening us. Every 6 months I get my Geico agent on the phone and conference call them in with the employee at the state of New Mexico and let them hash it out. SO, Geico has been great about putting up with this and helping me every 6 months.

Sade b Oklahoma City, OK

GEICO is a great car insurance to have and very great prices to choose from. My car is always covered and insured for. I love this company and the customer service is great.

Danielle Luma Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love having GEICO for my insurance. They have 365 , 24/7 roadside assistance which for a young woman like me is super safe and a great perk.

Jodee McKeon Houston, TX

We had a great experience with Geico for many years. They gave us a good rate for quite a while. Eventually though they did raise it and we had to switch to another company. They made it really inconvenient and difficult to cancel our policy. Which motivated me even more to leave. Overall I think they are a decent company but they didn't care enough about keeping us as customers to address the rate spike that we weren't comfortable with, so they lost us. We found better rates elsewhere for the time being.

Lori Baker Columbus, OH

I like Geico it's cheap and you can schedule your own payments and they send friendly reminders when it's due I like the fact that it's automatically withdrawn if that's what you choose

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

Overall, GEICO has been a great insurance. I've had them for the past three years. I've had only once accident and they did not increase my monthly rate. I will continue to use GEICO for their amazing insurance.

Cindy R Tallahassee, FL

GEICO is very much on the pricey side of insurance and since I am financing my car I have to pay for full coverage which sucks. However, they do offer “discounts” to lessen the price for students and younger drivers like me.

xabriah glenn-young Tallahassee, FL

Geico is an insurance I recommend to all my new driver friends and people that are genuinely interested in switching their policy and I say this because the coverage that I get from geico is amazing, affordable and reliable

Sambhav Jain Milpitas, CA

Best thing about Geico is their customer care, so quick and easy to reach. I had to reach out to them on 2 occasions, once for my windscreen glass and other for rear end collision. For windscreen glass the response was good but it took almost a month for the rear end collision to get resolved. The major delay is from the repair centre side but the I feel Geico agent also did not do much to get the issue resolved earlier.

Jeff P Rochester, NY

It sounds cliche, but GEICO saved us money. On top of the savings our interactions with the company are always prompt and complete. We lease two vehicles and each time the transition of cars is done in a 3 or 4 minute call. Any question I have ever asked has been answered on the spot or with a text with in minutes. I am very satisfied with GEICO

1Coke ToGo WA

We never had a problem with them. When my husband died they were very kind and helpful. The girl I talked to helped me change the car insurance policy around so that it was about $350 less and said they would have a check out to me that day.

Aly Houston, TX

GEICO is affordable for insurance and actually has excellent buyer protection. I was recently at fault in a wreck and ended up paying only a $500 deductible when the cost to fix my car was about $4k. The other person's repairs were paid for by GEICO as well. Furthermore my rates have not increased. Overall I'm impressed and feel lucky I chose them.

Dona Mazza Roslindale, MA

Both my husband and I have been loyal customers for over 10 years. Today I realized WHY we never strayed away from them. I had some questions and concerns about transferring my plates to a new vehicle and spoke with Karla G. from Braintree Mass. She explained she was new on board with the company but I would of never known that because she was so personable yet still professional. She was able to take care of my new upcoming vehicle transfer of plates and help me with another matter that I couldn't do myself online. Just wanted to give her a "SHOUT OUT" and say THANK YOU and GREAT JOB! Dona Mazza

C.L.A.P LLC ,

The minute Brandi H. called me, my mind was immediately put at ease. My life within the last three months has  been flipped upside down. If I can be honest I thought ending my life was the best resolution for me and my family. Wrecking my vehicle just added to my miserable life. Brandi called me; she told me she was the adjuster assigned to my claim. The moment Brandi called me everything just seemed like it was going to be okay. I do not do any reviews however; I have to because believe it or not Brandi saved my life. I reside with my baby sister, two weeks ago she wrecked her vehicle and Brandi was her adjuster. Brandi did an amazing job with my sister. Our water froze so going to get water was my task because I wasn’t going to allow my sister out of the house. Getting off the highway caused my vehicle to slide, I attempted to gain control due to the horrendous weather conditions to no avail, my attempt failed drastically. Everything happened so fast I can’t remember all details. I was stuck and no tow company would take my assignment. Sitting in the parking lot I was stuck, a good samaritan saw my car and took me home.  Brandi called me when I got home and she saved me. Brandi assured me she was going to get my car towed, Brandi told me not to worry. Every step Brandi took I knew every detail. Brandi was kind she was informative, no question I asked was considered stupid. My deductible is a 1000 dollars I don’t know how I am going to come up with the money however; I know a way will be made. Brandi your energetic spirit made me feel like I can make it. I ran from a domestic violent marriage every day is better. I know I have to fight for myself, Brandi thank you so much for you kindness and your positive energy.

Freda Williams Riverdale, GA

My name is Alfreda Williams, and I had the pleasure of having Mrs. Audrey of the McDonough Office, be my agent. Mrs. Audrey took her time and found the best price for me. She was very courteous, knowledgeable, and patient. She was able to answer all my questions. Mrs. Audrey made me feel like Geico was glad for me to be a client, instead of just getting my down-payment. I also spoke with her manager, Mr. Jerry, just to let him know how pleased, I was on receiving Outstanding service I recommend any family or friends, in the need of insurance, check out Geico the McDonough location. Mrs Audrey is your person.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

Been with Geico for over 10 years. Check my rate every year and Geico is consistently the best rate. Someone struck my parked car 2 years ago and took out the drivers side mirror, scratched the side up from the door forward and tore the front bumper off. Entered the photos thru the app, got a call immediately, a tow truck took it to a recommended facility and I went later to hear the bad news. Paid the deductible, and got my car back 4 days later, good as new. Customer Service is a bright spot. Any time I have called, I always got someone quickly and they didn't push too hard to sell me more. Their app is easy to use and never crashes. The website is really easy to navigate. Highly recommended.

Arden Lincoln, NE

Friendly, helpful staff and by far the best quote I received - a $200 difference, at least. I'm a grad student with an older, used car so if somebody hits me, it would cost more to repair than replace it. I only wanted the bare minimum injury coverage and take-care-of-the-other-guy policy (just enough that I don't get an incredibly expensive ticket if I get pulled over), and Geico made it easy and relatively cheap. I pay for my coverage in six month intervals - they give you a decent discount if you do that instead of every month - and it's really convenient to only have to remember twice a year. Now if only they had autopay, I'd be set! Oh, and there is a fairly generous student discount that I really appreciate, too.

Jean Durbin Litchfield, IL

Switched to GEICO recently as they are one of the few companies that provide coverage for RV's to owners that live in them full time, travel & don't own a house at a permanent location. Switched our vehicles to them also to get a multi-policy discount and the premium rate is a bit lower than what we were paying before. I set it up on auto-draft so I wouldn't have to worry about it & they send out a reminder a few days before they draft the premium. I appreciate that I can have them draft from any of my accounts and can actually use different accounts for each policy if wanted. Great customer service whenever I contacted them. Friendly yet professional staff that resolves situations on the first call.

Mohamed Attia Springfield, VA

they always start out with fair price and then it keeps going up. also their basic coverage is really low, compared to other companies. read the details

Brianna Sutherland Tallahassee, FL

I currently use GEICO for my vehicle and the price I have to pay is very reasonable compared to other quotes that I have gotten from other insurance companies.

Ruth Jeanmary Tallahassee, FL

GEICO Auto Insurance has never done wrong with my family. My favorite part is the free roadside assistance, its gotten me out of plenty of jams. Love them!

Alexis Mcintosh Tallahassee, FL

Great service helpful staff, would definitely recommend. Amazing car insurance company, they are always so helpful I trust them with all my auto insurance needs

David Stickles West Jordan, UT

They are very convenient and well priced. I use them for car and renters insurance. Have only had to use them for one claim on a cracked windshield and they were quick and easy to work with.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

GEICO Auto Insurance helped me get the maximum security and benefits for my car for very good prices. They have very kind and helpful customer service that will always take the time to answer all of your questions.

Q Kelly Hallandale, FL

I had never used Geico once I purchased my 2019 vehicle this is the company that picked me up I have no issues with Geico my husband recently purchased his truck and because I have an account and because we’re married they automatically added his vehicle to my policy I have no complaints about Geico

Carolina Morelli Oakland, CA

Geico covers out cars and we have been very satisfied with their prices as well as their service. Their representatives are knowledgeable and helpful. We ave recommended it to friends.

Tina Brandon Norman Park, GA

When I had my motorcycle my insurance premiums were half the cost of premiums with my present auto insurance company. Their customer service is outstanding and they’re always there to help you.

Canutillo High El Paso, TX

I trust GEICO, have been a customer for 16 years. There's been a couple of times that fees have gone up... they're always transparent as to what changed... and operators will go out of their way to find you discounts. I had an accident (not of own fault) the car was totaled. GEICO represented and guided us well though out the whole process.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Geico car insurance is the best there is. When I got in a crash they covered everything. The customer service was great. The man I had helping me with my claim, insurance, and paying helped more than I ever could have asked for. He explained everything well and reassured me that they would take care of everything. I definitely recommend.

David Cape Coral, FL

I have been with Gieco on several occasions all were good experiences. Price is the sole reason I moved on. Over all Gieco is a good company, but as you all know companies keep raising prices, especially when they want to vacate a state of area. If the price is right for you with GIECO go with them until its no longer in your rice range, its a good company

Ajanaee x Tallahassee, FL

I have been a customer of Geico for years now. They have excellent customer service representatives that help me with an issue I need resolving. Even when faced with a car accident, Geico made it easy for me to file a claim and get everything handled.