Anthem Tax Services

verified

Anthem Tax Services

verified
This company's price starts at $250

Anthem Tax Services has been in business since 2010 and is currently headquartered in Oak Park, CA. It offers a variety of tax resolution services and provides free tax consultations to interested consumers.

In addition to tax debt solutions, the company also helps people with tax preparation, audit protection, and bookkeeping services. Anthem Tax Services holds certifications from top industry organizations such as the NAEA, NATP, and CTEC.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Affordable Pricing
  • Professional Staff
  • Nationwide Availability
  • Low Minimum Tax Requirement
  • Anthem Tax Services Reviews

Variety of Services

Anthem Tax Services provides a free consultation to help determine which service is best for each potential customer. Its wide variety of services include the following:

• Tax debt resolution
  • Tax preparation
  • Audit protection

Anthem Tax Services' professionals represent clients in both the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax audit cases.

Its team of CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys use many negotiation tactics including an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and currently not collectible status. The company assists customers with a wide array of tax problems including:

• Wage garnishment
  • Back taxes (Unfiled Returns)
  • Tax audits
  • Tax liens
  • Levies
  • Asset seizures

On Anthem's website, consumers can read about each service and learn about potential turnaround times.

Affordable Pricing

Its services start at $250 and vary depending on the individual case. This starting price is lower than many other tax relief service providers, potentially leading to more affordable tax relief.

Any interested taxpayer will need to contact the company to receive an exact quote for their specific situation. Taxpayers who hire Anthem Tax Services will undergo an in-depth review process to determine the extent of the tax issues (by examining tax documents, including your IRS tax return transcript).

Professional Staff

Anthem Tax Services hires certified tax professionals such as enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs. These individuals can work directly with the IRS on behalf of their clients.

Additionally, the company holds professional certifications with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), and California Tax Education Council (CTEC). All three organizations regulate and encourage the proper education of tax professionals. These accreditations ensure that Anthem Tax Services' employees are highly trained and qualified to assist customers.

Nationwide Availability

Anthem Tax Services is available in all 50 states. Its services are available to a wide variety of customers, while many competitors are limited to specific states.

Low Minimum Tax Requirement

Anthem requires a minimum tax debt of $5,000. This is lower than the industry average of $7,500 to $10,000, making its services available to more consumers.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

Anthem Tax Services has received highly positive customer reviews which highlight the company's customer service,  professionalism in handling IRS tax return issues, and its ability to decrease out-of-pocket costs. Customers say the company's tax experts make the entire tax relief process easier.

The tax professionals at Anthem Tax Services understand tax laws and can reportedly handle a variety of tax problems, including federal tax lien issues, bank levies, wage garnishment issues, and tax refund complications.

In comparison to other tax relief companies, Anthem Tax Services performs extremely well, focusing on tax expertise to provide exceptional tax relief service.

The Bad

• Limited Online Money-Back Guarantee Information
  • Unpublished Costs

Limited Online Money-Back Guarantee Information

Anthem Tax Services offers a money-back guarantee but does not describe any specific details on its website. Consumers will need to contact the company to ask questions for more specific information, like its length and conditions.

Unpublished Costs

Anthem's tax resolution services start at $250. However, pricing for each service is also not listed on its website. Interested customers must contact the company directly, through phone or email, to find out further details. Customers should use the free consultation to discuss specific pricing and payments for their tax resolution needs.

The Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a wide variety of services to meet the needs of potential clients. Its services are available in all 50 states and it requires a minimum debt of only $5,000. Its starting price is lower than many competitors, however interested customers must speak directly with the company to determine fees for their particular circumstance.

The company hires certified professionals (whether an enrolled agent or a licensed tax attorney) and has several major industry accreditations. We recognize Anthem Tax Services as a good option for many consumers. However, we recommend taking advantage of its free consultation to find out about its money-back guarantee and to learn about specific prices.

Call our recommended rep over at Anthem Tax Services below.

Vivian Sousley
June 17th, 2019 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

I highly recommend Anthem for your tax needs. I was many years behind on taxes and Jake was very kind and understanding. Him and his entire team helped me get my tax debt down from 50,000.00 to 50.00!!! It does take some time but worth it because during that time they kept me from loosing my pay and my belongings.

Jun 21, 2019

Vivian, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best experience for each client!

Allen
June 17th, 2019 Wilson, NC DETAILS

Information Always had someone to call me and let me know how things are going

Jun 21, 2019

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback, Allen!

Michael
June 17th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

I had the misfortune of working with other tax companies where they took my level of anxiety to a whole new level with run arounds and outright incompetence.With Anthem Tax Service everyone was A+ professional from how it was explained to me what needed to be done for me to my settlement. Anthem Tax Services has my highest recommendation!

Jun 21, 2019

Great feedback, Michael! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Services experience!

Stacey Turner
June 14th, 2019 Fort Oglethorpe, GA DETAILS

I am not sure this site will allow me to redact my previous review, but current circumstances dictate I should do so. I must strongly express how expeditiously the Anthem team worked to alleviate any concerns I may have had. Every team member has really stepped up to make sure we receive the best customer service possible. David has been especially understanding and has contacted me several times with updates and has worked extremely hard to make sure I understand the entire process and the steps required to get there. I would not hesitate to recommend this awesome Anthem team to address any tax concerns. Again, my previous review was written without me possessing critical information about our case, resulting in negative comments that I now understand were circumstantial, not related to the company or this awesome team. I truly appreciate their personal touch, which is very hard to find, which increases my trust in their abilities.

Jun 07, 2019

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Anthem Tax Services experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Ginger Bennett
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They were very helpful and understanding of my situation and they genuinely wanted to help me.

Jun 14, 2019

Great feedback, Ginger! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Services experience!

Susie K
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Anthem Tax was extremely professional from the beginning. staff are knowledgable and they truly care about their clients. They were very responsive whenever I had concerns or questions about my tax situation. I was very nervous about my tax situation but I was able to calm myself down as I was getting help from Anthem. I appreciate entire team and thank you for giving me advice on how to avoid tax issues in the future!!

Jun 14, 2019

We appreciate your feedback, Susie! We aim to provide the highest level of service for our clients!

James choulos

Proficient , knowledgeable and efficient

Jun 14, 2019

Hello James, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Anthem Tax Services experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bonquisha mendoza
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They resolve issues fast and professionally. Always on time and follow up with clients beautifully . Not to mention the great customer service representatives, always so understanding. I love this company and I will stick with them until my case is resolved. And Horacio is very Handsome. Hes my favorite and handles my case amazingly.

Jun 14, 2019

Bonquisha, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Anthem Tax Services!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the highest level of service for each client!

william lee
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

their service was excellent and the staff was wonderful

Jun 14, 2019

William, Thank you for taking the time to share your Anthem Tax Services experience with others. We’re happy that you allowed us to assist you with your tax needs!

Walter Shelton
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They are very thorough and explain things in a way you can understand

Jun 14, 2019

Great feedback, Walter! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Anthem Tax Services experience!

Edwin
May 9th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

Anthem Tax Services has helped me in a huge way. I had not filed for a few years. With 3-4 sources of income, things had became a nightmare. They helped me with grade-A customer service and professionalism to organize and prepare everything. Thanks to them i feel as stress free as can be! Special thanks to Josh and Shannon! I will be doing business with them until retirement.

May 13, 2019

Thank you, Edwin! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to assist you with your tax needs.

LAC
April 3rd, 2019 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS

DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY, TIME, OR AGGRAVATION on Anthem Tax Service. I paid Anthem Tax Service $3,950.00 for a $24,000.00 tax bill .I was told it would only take a few months to complete the paperwork and send a reasonable offer to the IRS. That was far from the truth. They never followed up on anything . When I would contact them for an update , my response would be they needed me to send additional paperwork , I would fulfill their request immediately, again no follow up . I would check 2 weeks later and again they would ask for something else they were missing in order to send the file . After a few months of unacceptable service I requested an itemized bill, my request took SEVERAL weeks before I finally got one. There were bogus charges throughout the list . One charge for a one hour phone call THAT NEVER HAPPENED along with several random 15 minute charges for voice mails that also never happened . 6 months later , I just got the "Offer in Compromise " for $800.00 a month ! I do not have $800.00 a month to send the IRS . I could of done better on my own . I would not suggest Anthem Tax Service to ANYONE

Apr 03, 2019

Hello, We are so sorry to hear about your experience with Anthem Tax Services. Please allow us the opportunity to look further into this matter further for you. Please feel free to contact the Customer Service Manager directly at 818-918-5907. We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feed back as it will only help us get better.

A Sad Consumer
April 2nd, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

I signed up with Anthem on 02/01/19, and I have yet to hear from a case manager or attorney. I advised the person who signed me that I had a deadline of 02/19/19 to respond to the IRS, and he assured me that cases are assigned to attorneys on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and it would no problem to get a reply to the IRS by 02/19/19. It is now almost 04/02/19, and the only time I have heard from Anthem is when they were asking for my payment to be made or else my case would have to be dropped. I have spoken with two pretty nice reps who tried to help me, but so far, Anthem has not kept its word to me. I am now well past my deadline to respond to the IRS, and I don't think Anthem will help me until my entire fee of $1500 is paid. I am $750 paid so far.

Apr 02, 2019

Hello, We are so sorry to hear about the unfavorable experience you have had thus far with Anthem Tax Service . Please allow us the opportunity to look further into this matter further for you. We have a customer service department that you can contact directly at 818-918-5910 or [email protected] We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feed back as it will only help us get better.

linda spivey
March 11th, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS

So far, I have been impressed with the quick response from everyone I have encountered. From the person I spoke with, I felt that they were genuinely interested in helping me get the best results with my tax problem.

Norma
March 11th, 2019 Somerville, MA

I spoke to Alex and he was great, very informative and upfront about what we could expect. Unfortunately we decided the cost was too great and we are going to work with the IRS on our own. Alex was very understanding and said at least we were more informed and wished us good luck.

Ray Washington
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

They helped me get out of debt with the IRS I had been in for several years

Mar 01, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It is much appreciated, and we are always here to help!

Steve Gilligan
February 11th, 2019 Folcroft, PA

STAY AWAY..ALL LIES.THEY NEVER KEEP THEIR WORD. JAMES SUCKS...COMPLETE LIAR...NEVER EVER TALS TO IRS TO SOLVE PROBLEM...NEVER GIVES YOU A CONTACT AGREEMENT...STAY AWAY

Feb 12, 2019

Hello Steve, We are so sorry to read about your experience with us. If you would like we would love to discuss this with you further, and resolve any concerns and questions you have. You can reach the customer service department directly at 747-212-5670, we look forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas
February 6th, 2019 Greeley, CO

Pushed me off from one guy to another. Failed to help.

Feb 08, 2019

You filled out an online inquiry for help on our website 1/25/19. Marc H. reached out to you that same day but unfortunately was not able to get in touch with you. We then were able to reach you on 2/1/19 when you spoke with James A. who contacted via phone, this was the only representative you have spoken with at our firm. He explained to you that there was no benefit in having you hire our firm or any tax firm for that matter. Reason being is that once you file your 2017 & 2018 tax returns, the amount of withholdings you paid in vs. the earned income, would net you a refund substantial enough to offset the tax debt you owe. I am sorry that you feel we pushed you off and failed to help. With all respect, we feel that our advice helped you in knowing your options and not having to hire a 3rd party such as ourselves.

Demetrio Plaza
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

This comany has great customer service and a great staff. Recommend for anyone who needs help with their taxes.

Mar 05, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind feedback Demetrio. We always like to make sure that we provide a positive and professional experience when working with us.

Athena
January 22nd, 2019 Greenfield, MA

I found the sales person to be quite helpful and knowledgeable about my tax situation. With his skill and experience, I felt that he would effectively be able to help me.

Cindy Decathic
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I'd recommend this company to anyone who is needing help with their tax issues. Very professional and polite. Finished 3 years of my returns in less then a week and settled my State of MN debt and IRS and saved me a total of $37,000. I worked with Joe D and Arin and Patrcia C. Thank you

Mar 06, 2019

Hey Cindy, thank you for sharing your experience with us, and so happy that we were able to resolve your case for you in a timely manner. You're feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alexander Bernot
January 17th, 2019 Sheboygan, WI DETAILS

Extremely Friendly courteous and efficient, received my tax return ahead of time, felt the company had my best interest. Above and beyond quality and assistance

Mar 06, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words. We are so happy that you had such a positive experience with us!

Greg Elizalde
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

very fast and easy to work with. I wasnt sure of how the process worked so i thought it might be time consuming.

Darryl Pompey
January 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good service and friendly staff. Easy to get in contact with each time we needed clarification. We did not get the amount of garnishment we wanted reduced to our satisfaction but it was still provided us with some type of discount on the percentage.

David Johnson
December 30th, 2018 DETAILS

They did a great job for me . they were very professional and they kept in contact with me answering all of my questions and guiding through the process. When I called them to answer any of my questions they got back to me right away. I was given a good tax break that saved me thousands of dollars , I am very happy for their help. My life is much less stressful now, and I am on my way back to recovery. Thank you Anthem for all of your help.

Al W Whitehurst
December 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Extremely professional trustworthy and they keep you very informed.

Jennifer V
December 20th, 2018 Cathedral City, CA

Anthem Tax Services helped me with my tax relief in a very professional manner. They answered all my questions and explained things to me in a way in which I understood everything. I would recommend them and there services for anyone needing this type of assistance.

Dec 26, 2018

Hey Jennifer, just wanted to say that your feedback is much appreciated, and means so much to us. We always aim to provide a positive, and efficient experience. Thank you so much again for your kind words!

Lanise Ward
December 18th, 2018 Moorpark, CA

Had some issues with last year's taxes and went in and Josh was a big help. He fixed what needed to be fixed sent in my amend and I got what I was owed. I went to 4 other places and not one of them could figure out what Josh did in an hour. Thank you Josh for helping me.

Dec 20, 2018

Thank you Lanise for allowing us to work for you, and get this fixed for you. If you ever have any questions or need anything please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

JFM
December 14th, 2018 Boston, MA

I spoke with a helpful rep for 45 minutes. He then said it would cost $6500 to take my case and would require full payment BEFORE I would receive a contract or any written information regarding terms and conditions. He promised 100% refundable if they couldn't solve my issue but refused to provide it in writing until after I paid. I've NEVER dealt with any company requiring payment without a bill/contract or description of services. Beware.

Dec 19, 2018

I apologize for the confusion that has clearly occurred in this situation. I do not doubt that there was a potential lack of proper protocol not followed in this instance. We would never expect a prospective client to pay our fees without reviewing a contract and full breakdown of proposed services rendered. My Name is Josh and I am one of the owners of Anthem Tax Services, I take your concerns very seriously and know that this is the last experience you should be dealing with when trying to resolve a stressful issue like tax debt. Please call our direct line at 888-548-0478 and ask for Josh. I will take care of you and make up for the bad first impression, Hope to hear from you. Josh Kahn Anthem Tax Services

Josh c
November 30th, 2018 Elko, NV DETAILS

Josh and his team are awesome to work with ! Very helpful and work with the schedule that best fits you ! Highly recommend this team

Dec 20, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, and we are always here to help!

Mordy Tassa
November 27th, 2018 Encino, CA DETAILS

Anthem Tax Services staff have been very responsive and efficient in dealing with me as a client and with the IRS on my behalf. So far, the staff and management are responsive and engaging with me, their client, in a professional manner and I am very satisfied and impressed with their knowledge. I will recommend Anthem Tax to my friends and my business clients enthusiastically.

Dec 20, 2018

Thank you Mordy for your kind feedback. We always make it a point to be attentive, and responsive when working on your case. Any, and all recommendations are welcomed!

Allen McDaniel
November 27th, 2018 Greenville, NC DETAILS

David and Brandis level of customer sevice has exceeded my expectations. If we settle for amount expected it have saved me 34000.00.

Dec 27, 2018

Your positive feedback Is much appreciated, and so happy to hear that our staff were able to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to reach out anytime you have any questions.

M M
November 20th, 2018 Florissant, MO

It’s very overwhelming when the company you’ve dedicated 18 years to and planned to retire from closes several departments. Now, without a job and owing several thousand dollars, it was easier to place the IRS mail in a basket and basically pretending not to see it, let alone open it. With all the companies offering such a service, I feel blessed Anthem was my first choice. I just called from the internet, no referral. David was my first contact. He made this calm, structured, and smooth for me. Even when I finally broke out in tears. My next contact was Shannon . AGAIN, impressed! Both were nonjudgmental, kind, understanding and with both I even was able to laugh some and laughter is how I get through hard times. Through the process they were the only two contacts I had. I was a person not a number being passed around. Their communication skills were on point behind the scenes. You do not have to repeat your uncomfortable story over and over. I would highly recommend Anthem to my family and friends, I feel as if I made two new friends over the phone in a difficult time. Anthem, David and Shannon are huge assets to your company. Thank you.

Dec 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story, and experience. of course when we take on your case you become more than just a client to us. Your problems become ours, and we mean it when we say that we will do everything we can to resolve this issue. Hope that you are well, and if you ever have any questions or concerns or just want to say hi please give us a call!

Courtney H.
November 16th, 2018 Westlake Village, CA DETAILS

Anthem Tax Services was a lifesaver for me; never in the past had I found myself in a situation where I needed help with tax relief so I'm lucky I was able to find these guys. David was extremely helpful - He answered all my questions and regularly checked in with me to provide status updates throughout the entire process. Thank you!

Dec 26, 2018

Hi Courtney, you don't understand how much we appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind words, and we are always here if you need us!

Josh Oxley
November 16th, 2018 Everett, WA DETAILS

Anthem Tax Services saved my life! I owed over $25k after they filed the 5 years of unfiled taxes that I hadn't filed because I was scared of what I would owe. They filed all 5 years and then negotiated an Offer in Compromise on my behalf. I ended up paying only $2300 to the IRS. The best part about Anthem is there is no BS, they tell it like it is. I am so grateful that I found them!

Kelly c
November 16th, 2018 Thousand Oaks, CA

I was in some tax trouble which I needed some help with. I looked online and Anthem Tax Services looked like the best one to go for. The enrolment was easy. I sent them an email and I got a call the next day. I dealt with David the whole time and he was awesome, very informative and up to date. I never waited more than a day for a return call and I never had to worry about a whole lot. He took care of a lot of things that I didn't even have to think about. He did the best that he could and I was very pleased with it.

Joe Uceda
November 16th, 2018 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

Excellent customer service, very knowledgeable, and professional!

Sam Burns
November 16th, 2018 Newbury Park, CA DETAILS

I had contacted Anthem Tax Services due an outstanding tax debt that I had, the representative that helped me by the name of David, was very professional and thorough when explaining to me my options. I didn’t feel pressured into having to make decision and I would highly recommend this company to anyone who was suffering from the same unfortunate circumstances.

Dec 26, 2018

Hey Sam, just wanted to say thank you much for taking the time to share your experience, and leave kind feedback. We appreciate you, and again thank you so much again for your positive feedback!

Ebony
November 16th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

I had a big tax bill I felt overwhelmed in a bit defeated. Anthem Tax Service really helped me through everything. I was able to settle my case. They kept me informed of everything and was able to answer any questions I had. If you’re having some tax issues I highly recommend this company.

A Marquez
November 16th, 2018 Cottonwood, AZ DETAILS

Very helpful in assisting me with figuring out a way to get out of debt.

Dec 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. You don't understand how much we appreciate your kind words!

Kyle K
November 16th, 2018 Northridge, CA DETAILS

I unfortunately got into a lot of trouble with my taxes from working as an IC and anthem helped save me thousands of dollars in a settlement they did on my behalf with the irs. They have relieved so much stress and I would highly recommend anyone with tax issues to reach out to them now! Anthem helped many of my friends with tax trouble as well!

Randa
November 7th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

They are perfect professional and trustworthy

Dec 26, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions!

Lewis Smith
November 7th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

I got an awesome and wonderful service from them. I'm so lucky that I found them

Dennis C. Delio
November 7th, 2018 Sayville, NY DETAILS

Nothing short of professionalism ,in every aspect of their product.

Daniel Joseph
October 30th, 2018 10022 DETAILS

I remember the first time I met Jake and Josh and the whole Anthem Tax Services team. Talking to Josh over the phone from start to finish has been a breath of fresh air. They are a buisness that I can trust and have integrity in what they do. They also treat you like family and actually care about your problems and treat your debt like there own debt. I've told countless of people and all my family about them to switch over to there services. I highly recommend them!

Joseph
October 23rd, 2018 Forney, TX DETAILS

Anthem provided me with a great service and helped me get out of a tight bind. I definitely recommend to anyone needing a tax service. Saved me money where I didn't know was possible.

Anthony G. Moore
October 23rd, 2018 Newburgh, NY DETAILS

I need help with multiple years of un-filed taxes and Jake and Josh at Anthem went above and beyond the call of duty to put me at ease. They are extremely efficient at ascertaining what needs to be done. The process didn't require me to do any work gathering old documents like other companies. I simply had to sign completed returns and mail them in the the agencies. Anthem even offers a great installment plan to pay for their services that does not break your budget!

Fredrick Thompson
October 23rd, 2018 Lufkin, TX DETAILS

Always helpful and answered our questions and got situation resolved

Roberto lobato
October 23rd, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Very knowledge in there field & efficient

Mike LaBadie
October 23rd, 2018 San Rafael, CA DETAILS

Answered all my questions, let me know what to expect from the start. My tax issue was solved within a month!!