1. Anthem Tax Services

Anthem Tax Services was started by tax professionals with more than 30 years of experience in 2010 and is currently headquartered in Oak Park, California. It offers a variety of tax resolution services and provides free tax consultations to interested consumers. It has a $10,000 minimum tax debt requirement.

In addition to tax debt solutions, the company also helps people with tax preparation, audit protection, and bookkeeping services. Anthem Tax Services holds certifications from top industry organizations such as the NAEA, NATP, and CTEC.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Affordable Pricing
  • Professional Staff
  • Nationwide Availability
  • Minimum Tax Requirement
  • Anthem Tax Services Reviews

Variety of Services

Anthem Tax Services provides a free consultation to help determine which service is best for each potential customer. Its wide variety of services include the following:

• Tax debt resolution
  • Tax preparation
  • Audit protection

Anthem Tax Services' professionals represent clients in both the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax audit cases.

Its team of CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys use many negotiation tactics including an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and currently not collectible status. The company assists customers with a wide array of tax problems including:

• Wage garnishment
  • Back taxes (Unfiled Returns)
  • Tax audits
  • Tax liens
  • Levies
  • Asset seizures

On Anthem's website, consumers can read about each service and learn about potential turnaround times.

Affordable Pricing

Its services start at $250 and vary depending on the individual case. This starting price is lower than many other tax relief service providers, potentially leading to more affordable tax relief.

Any interested taxpayer will need to contact the company to receive an exact quote for their specific situation. Taxpayers who hire Anthem Tax Services will undergo an in-depth review process to determine the extent of the tax issues (by examining tax documents, including your IRS tax return transcript).

Professional Staff

Anthem Tax Services hires certified tax professionals such as enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs. These individuals can work directly with the IRS on behalf of their clients.

Additionally, the company holds professional certifications with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), and California Tax Education Council (CTEC). All three organizations regulate and encourage the proper education of tax professionals. These accreditations ensure that Anthem Tax Services' employees are highly trained and qualified to assist customers.

Nationwide Availability

Anthem Tax Services is available in all 50 states. Its services are available to a wide variety of customers, while many competitors are limited to specific states.

Minimum Tax Requirement

Anthem requires a minimum tax debt of $10,000. While some companies have a slightly lower debt requirement, $10,000 is fairly common for the industry.

Anthem Tax Services Reviews

Anthem Tax Services has received highly positive customer reviews which highlight the company's customer service,  professionalism in handling IRS tax return issues, and its ability to decrease out-of-pocket costs. Customers say the company's tax experts make the entire tax relief process easier.

The tax professionals at Anthem Tax Services understand tax laws and can reportedly handle a variety of tax problems, including federal tax lien issues, bank levies, wage garnishment issues, and tax refund complications.

In comparison to other tax relief companies, Anthem Tax Services performs extremely well, focusing on tax expertise to provide exceptional tax relief service.

The Bad

• Limited Online Money-Back Guarantee Information
  • Unpublished Costs

Limited Online Money-Back Guarantee Information

Anthem Tax Services offers a money-back guarantee but does not describe any specific details on its website. Consumers will need to contact the company to ask questions for more specific information, like its length and conditions.

Unpublished Costs

Anthem's tax resolution services start at $250. However, pricing for each service is also not listed on its website. Interested customers must contact the company directly, through phone or email, to find out further details. Customers should use the free consultation to discuss specific pricing and payments for their tax resolution needs.

The Bottom Line

Anthem Tax Services offers a wide variety of services to meet the needs of potential clients. Its services are available in all 50 states and it requires a minimum debt of $10,000. Its starting requirement is fairly common for the industry, however interested customers must speak directly with the company to determine fees for their particular circumstance.

The company hires certified professionals (whether an enrolled agent or a licensed tax attorney) and has several major industry accreditations. We recognize Anthem Tax Services as a good option for many consumers. However, we recommend taking advantage of its free consultation to find out about its money-back guarantee and to learn about specific prices.

Anthem Tax Services Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?

The cost varies depending on the services you need. The minimum fee for tax prep is $500. The average cost to resolve a case would be $1,500–$2,000.

How do I know if I qualify for tax relief from Anthem Tax Services?

You need to go through a financial interview (consultation) with our tax consultants.

What kinds of tax relief does Anthem Tax Services offer?

We offer Installment Agreements, Offer In Compromise, Penalty Abatement, Partial Pay Installment Agreement, Currently Non Collectible Status, Tax Lien Removal, and Audit Protection.

How long will it take for my tax problem to be resolved?

The timeline depends on services. Your tax problems may be resolved in as little as 30 days or as long as nine months if we’re submitting an offer in compromise.

What tax professionals will I work with at Anthem Tax Services?

You have a host of tax professionals available to help you, including CPAs, Tax Attorneys, Enrolled Agents, Tax Consultants (CTEC certified), and Bookkeepers.

Scott Latimer

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did exactly what they said they wood do! They were able to get though to the IRS during the Covid shut down and get me what i needed to move forward with buying a new home.

Dec 01, 2020

Thanks for the great review, Scott! The team at Anthem is thrilled you're happy with your experience.

Mesmer Adoni

December 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great communication with client and follow up calls

Dec 16, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Rochelle Porter

March 1st, 2021 Desoto, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

90% tax reduction. Great communication, very professional, easy to work with.

Mar 02, 2021

Thank you for the wonderful review, Rochelle!

Marie

March 1st, 2021 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went without contact from my representative for months. My case has been open for over a year now.

Mar 02, 2021

Hi Marie , we would like to apologize for your experience. This is not what we'd like to hold ourselves to when it comes to reassuring our clients during the resolution process. We would like to discuss with you further, please contact us (407)815-3307.

Kate

March 1st, 2021 Castle Rock, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were truly wonderful in helping me with my tax issues.

Mar 02, 2021

Hi Kate, we are so glad that you had a wonderful experience with Anthem. We see that you gave us 2-stars, was there an issue we could improve on? If so, we would love to discuss more, (407)815-3307.

Margarita

March 1st, 2021 Carson, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful to me friendly and easy to talk and communicate.

Mar 02, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Margarita!

Robert Kimble

March 1st, 2021 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very responsive great results took the time to explain my situations provided options well worth the money.

Mar 02, 2021

Thank you for the 5-star review, Robert. We appreciate you!

Ana Maria Chavez

March 1st, 2021 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The result of their efforts was excellent.

Mar 02, 2021

Thank you, Ana. We are thrilled you had a wonderful experience with our firm!

Kristi

March 1st, 2021 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a fine company. They were able to help with my IRS needs. However, because of the price of the service and the reviews, I do believe I expected more than what was provided. For someone struggling financially or owing less than 15K, I would not recommend this option.

Mar 02, 2021

Hi Kristi, we are so happy we were able to help you with your tax needs. We would love to discuss with you further, please contact us (407)815-3307.

Gustavo Unguez

February 20th, 2021 Enumclaw, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every person I spoke with was professional and friendly. Their paperwork was straightforward and they were always on hand to answer questions and clarify anything we did not understand. They made good on their promise in obtaining a very favorable resolution with the IRS.

Feb 22, 2021

Thank you for the wonderful review, Gustavo!

Don Williams

January 24th, 2021 Olathe, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They worked to solve our tax problem and have checked with us since then every year at tax time.

Jan 25, 2021

Thanks for the great review, Don! The team at Anthem is thrilled you're happy with your experience.

Michele

January 24th, 2021 Elmwood, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very professional and they solved my tax problem.

Jan 25, 2021

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michele! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Shelton

January 20th, 2021 Bear, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It cost $2500 and I had to keep calling and threatening to call the better business bureau before someone would call me back . The only way I got information is when I called or sent an email for an update. Had to keep filling out the same forms over again.

Jan 22, 2021

Hello, we would like to apologize for your negative experience with our firm. We want to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review and they will contact you directly to find a resolution.

Karen

January 20th, 2021 Mamaroneck, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My initial interaction was horrible Michael G. use fear and lies to convince me to sign up and he made promises to me that were totally Dishonest. The 2nd person I dealt with NEVER returned calls or emails. The final person I dealt with was great...he resolved my issue, was responsive honest and efficient. That said, I spent over a year and over 7K dealing with others who lacked integrity, honesty & professionalism.

Jan 22, 2021

Hello Karen, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your detailed experience was also shared with our company so that we can make things right moving forward. We work hard to offer the best outcome for our clients, so I am happy to see that reflected in your case.

Anthony Loconte

January 20th, 2021 Saugus, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

seems like good personable people. assistance and resolution was very quick

Jan 22, 2021

Thank you for the 5-star review, Anthony!

Robert Cascini

January 20th, 2021 Englishtown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was completely misled by one of there employees. The person I spoke to convinced me he would in fact reduce the amount I owed the IRS to 10 or 15% of what I owed them. Nothing of the sort happened. All they did was get my balance deemed uncollectible because I was not working at the time. Once I go back to work it will become collectible again and I will be in worse shape than I was before because penalties and interest will be added to the total.

Jan 22, 2021

Hello Robert, all feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We would like to speak with you further regarding your concerns, your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review, and they will contact you directly.

Rodney

January 20th, 2021 Buena Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very Professional, always did what they said they were gonna do

Jan 22, 2021

Thank you for the wonderful review, Rodney!

Paula Wilson

January 20th, 2021 Oviedo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would have liked more communication with Anthem staff

Jan 22, 2021

Thank you for your feedback, Paula. Your experience was also shared with our company so that we can make things right moving forward. We appreciate you!

Lakeisha

January 18th, 2021 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a scam. I’m now paying more because I used this company to assist me. I am now paying 2,000$ for this company that did nothing. I would never recommend using these people to anyone. Lack of communication is also a big downfall.

Michele scott

January 7th, 2021 Antioch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They took 2500$ didn't do what they promised has not been in contact with me I'm disabled and they took advantage of that please have someone return my calls

Jan 19, 2021

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review and they will contact you directly to find a resolution. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around.

Bruce McIlnay

December 7th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They should have been more up front about the services that they could offer.

Jan 19, 2021

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review and they will contact you directly.

Marvelous

December 7th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They helped me a lot !! They always updates me with what’s happening and the process ! Amazing service

Dec 16, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review!

Gregg

December 3rd, 2020 Sterling, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contacted Anthem Tax Service (ATS) over 18 months ago. After speaking with Greg he guaranteed that they would save me at least the cost of the program of $4500. Initially I had great hopes, but after they kept asking for the same Power of Attorney 5 times from 5 different people I started to raise flags. My account was handed off to 5 different people and none of them apparently communicate with the previous. After 18 months I have still yet to see them reduce my tax liability by 1 PENNY! And don't fall for their 100% guarantee, this is ABSOLUTEY bogus as well! I have reached out to over 5 people at ATS and have yet to receive a response after 2 weeks! THIS IS A SCAM!! Save your money.

Dec 16, 2020

Gregg, we are sorry to hear about your concerns. Customer support will be reaching out to you to discuss this further. We value our client's and their concerns, and would like the opportunity to resolve any concerns you have.

Mike Tableman

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely thorough and explain everything very diligently

Dec 01, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you, Mike!

Lisa Bastin

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent and professional customer service

Nov 25, 2020

Hi Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled you had a great experience with our services!!

Scottie vick

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do what they say. Very honest about your options. They give check up calls to keep u informed. They put u at ease that they're with you during the whole process.

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you for the kind words, Scottie. We are thrilled you had a great experience with our services!

Childs

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Staff initially changed often. Was alarming yet things settled and my comfort level grew.

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

William Wallace

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall very happy with the service we received. The only thing i would suggest is giving a bimonthly update to the customer weather there has been progress or not. Through out our experience which was a lengthy one which was expected. I never got an update as to our account status without sending several emails and or leaving numerous voicemails. Until we were contacted by Mrs. K, at that point we never had to call for an update she was in touch with us every couple of weeks with detailed updates up to the resolution. Absolutely could not be happier, she was fantastic. Overall a very good experience throughout a rough situation to a very good resolution. Thanks to Mr. S and the rest of the staff associated with our account and resolution. Sincere thanks to all

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, William!

Aldo Lozoya

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They took care of business, very professional.

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Aldo! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Jodee Karvala

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Slow follow up. Always changing employees and having to start processes over. I also had a garnishment when I was told they had submitted everything to prevent it.

James B Hannah

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not super impressed, I feel like the people working my case where overworked and had little time to effectively negotiate the best situation for me.

Jan 19, 2021

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We would like to speak with you further regarding your concerns, your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review, and they will contact you directly.

Charles Harp

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reluctant to give information re:charges to process your claim!

Feb 03, 2021

Hello Mr. Harp , we would like to apologize for your negative experience with our firm. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review.

David Johnson

November 19th, 2020 Reno, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The representatives of this company are very knowledgeable, caring and professional in every way. They were always there to help whenever needed. Great Great people !

Nov 23, 2020

We appreciate the kind words, David. The team at Anthem Tax Services thank you for trusting us with your tax needs!

Leah Hewitt

November 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jacob was great! He communicated well and I came out with no debt

Nov 09, 2020

We appreciate the kind words, Leah. Jacob and the team at Anthem Tax Services thank you for trusting us with your tax needs!

John Duta

November 6th, 2020 Moorpark, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honest, helpful, knowledgeable, fair, and professional. In my opinion, If you are in need of excellent help then look nowhere else.

Nov 09, 2020

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation, John!

Chad Thibodeaux

November 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really educated us on the process and things to change for compliance. Easy people to work with and they kept me on task.

Nov 03, 2020

Thank you for the kind words, Chad!

Mary Whittaker

November 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible at communication, filed my returns late even though I had everything ready in time. Doesn't return emails in a timely matter. Cannot ever get a hold of anyone who is handling my case or returns. Got a penalty on my corp for their mishandling of my documents. The list goes on.

Nov 03, 2020

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Mrs. Whittaker. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review, and they will contact you directly to find a resolution. We truly hope you provide us with an opportunity to turn your experience around.

Tracy

November 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Once things got up and running, things went smoothly. Prompt communication.

Nov 03, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Tracy!

Danielle B

October 30th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience. Would definitely recommend if you have tax issues! The team I was assigned was amazing and answered all my questions!

Oct 30, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Danielle! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Wilbert Pena

October 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They know what they are doing and out at ease anyone with tax issues

Oct 26, 2020

Thank you for the great review, Wilbert!

Zenon

October 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Providing update information when needed and responding questions in a timely manner.

Oct 26, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you!

Ralph T James

October 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they were very friendly. they kept in touch with me along the way and notified me of any changes. and in the end my tax debt was wiped clean..

Oct 26, 2020

Thank you very much for such a great review, Ralph! We work hard to offer the best outcome for our clients, we are thrilled to see that was reflected in your case.

D Clark

October 22nd, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I definitely recommend Anthem Tax Services! They really helped me in my time of need. They made this stressful process into a bearable one. Answered all my questions and made me feel confident in the process!!!

Oct 23, 2020

Thank you, Dana! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

ralph james

October 17th, 2020 Everett, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a little skeptical about using a tax service thinking was was just some kind of scam and maybe some one that takes your money and you never hear from again. On the contrary... they were courteous and friendly and wanted to help. they worked with the finance for me, Anytime time there were any changes they let me know. my file went through 3 different people (you can't expect 1 person to do it all ) and it seemed like forever but it was only 2 months. in the end they called to tell me my debt with the IRS was wiped clean, I had no more debt after 10 yrs, with interest I owed a little over $100,000. I would definitely recommend Anthem Tax Service to friends and family.. they tell you not all results are the same and obviously they can't be but they go to work and get great results.

Oct 20, 2020

We appreciate the kind words, Ralph. The team at Anthem Tax Services thank you for trusting us with your tax needs!

Antonio

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jacob Armstrong and Kristine R. Pettit were Outstanding in every way. Over All Excellence!

Oct 12, 2020

Thank you so much, Antonio. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and we agree, Jacob and Kristine are pretty great! They were thrilled to read your review.

Bob Craig

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

did not feel they did anything i couldnt do

Feb 03, 2021

Hello Mr. Craig , we would like to apologize for your negative experience with our firm. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Customer Support team for review.

Teresa Thomas

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone I worked with were very knowledgeable and patient when I asked questions.

Oct 12, 2020

Thank you, Teresa! We appreciate you sharing your kind words.

Virginia Harper

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anthem Tax Service helped get my taxes lower to almost nothing. Their quality of service were excellent. They kept me informed and up to date on everything from the IRS. There was no hidden fees.

Oct 12, 2020

Thanks for the great review, Virginia! The team at Anthem is thrilled you're happy with your experience.

Jeffrey Chilton

September 14th, 2020 Hudson, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am someone who , for a number of reasons, ran into a tax debt with the IRS. With fees and interest, it was heading toward a substantial, untenable total. The IRS are not forgiving , patient or at all concerned with your personal situations or challenges. I knew that I needed to engage a professional and after some cursory research, I engaged a different tax service. After initial promises, my money was being taken but my calls weren't returned. Months went by with no action taken on my behalf. After many tenuous often heated phone calls I received a partial refund. I knew then that I needed to do more homework and do more research into tax service organizations. I came across Anthem and sent an email query. Within half of a business day my query was returned and I spoke with their engagement team. From the very first ten minutes they were open, direct, honest and professional yet friendly and reasonable. We set up favorable payment terms and with 2 business days the discovery/information gathering members of my assigned team contacted me and thoroughly took all of my information required. They also answered my many questions or promised to have others within the Anthem respond with answers to my questions. They did within 24 hours. Dealing with the IRS is stressful and can be a slow and tedious process. My assigned team at Anthem kept me updated at every step along the way and were again extremely patient and thorough in addressing my concerns. With Covid delays stretching the process, we finally have options that are going to amount to nothing less than an extremely positive, life altering outcome. My Advocate, his Coordinator and their team who are negotiating directly with the IRS on my behalf have explained the merits of each available option. Once again they've patiently addresses all of my questions and concerns. As we work towards finalizing a very favorable outcome, I feel extremely grateful. *I know this sounds like I am a paid spokesperson and that is not the case. * The folks at Anthem are true professionals and even better, very nice people. Thank you, Anthem!

Sep 15, 2020

Thank you for your kind words, Jeffrey! The team here at Anthem is blown away by how wonderful this review is. We are so thrilled you are happy with your experience.

Jason R.

September 10th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did a great job preparing me for the process. I provided all the documents they needed and they did a thorough analysis of my situation and worked directly with the IRS on my behalf. Their services were not cheap, but was compared to the full tax burden they helped me out from under. Things went slower with the IRS once the pandemic began, but they kept moving forward for me.

Sep 15, 2020

Hey Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you!