Amazon Prime Logo

7.7

Amazon has created a product that combines movie, TV, music, and book streaming all in one easy-to-access platform. Amazon Prime is more than just a streaming service, it also saves members fees on shipping for Amazon.com orders.  Amazon has been in business for over 20 years and is now known as the world's largest online retailer!

Netflix Logo
#1 Netflix chevron_right
YouTube Logo
#3 YouTube chevron_right
Hulu Plus Logo
#4 Hulu Plus chevron_right

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Features and perks
  • Discounts and free trial

Selection

Amazon Prime has over 4,500 movies and television shows for you to choose from.

Additional Perks

Members of Amazon Prime also have access to Prime Music, Prime Photos, Prime Pantry, and Amazon Elements. Customers also have access to free two day shipping on all orders marked with the special Prime icon on Amazon.com.

Parental Controls

Amazon Prime provides quality parental controls, allowing members to set a PIN and viewing restrictions on movies and TV shows.

Student Discount

If you are a student you get six months of Amazon Prime for free, and 50 percent off after that, for as long as you are a student.

Free 30-day Trial

Amazon offers a 30-day free trial to potential customers, allowing them to try out Amazon Prime before making a final decision. Amazon Prime has so many great aspects to their service. For $99/year, subscribers pay less than $9 a month for Amazon Prime's services. This is a very reasonable price for the streaming tv industry. In addition, Amazon Prime gives its members the option to pay a small fee to watch newer/more popular releases so they don't have to wait. Overall, from the large library to the additional Amazon Perks, this service has many great benefits!

The Bad

• One time large fee
  • Can have additional costs
  • No personalization options

One Time Large Fee

Although, if broken down, Amazon Prime's fee is less than $9 monthly, having to pay $99 all at once can be a lot. Amazon Prime doesn't provide a monthly payment option for members.

Additional Costs

Although Amazon Prime releases content quickly, members have to pay to watch newer episodes & movies from popular series. Costs range from $1.99-$2.99, and movie rentals are $2.99-$6.99.

Personalization

Amazon does not have as many account personalization capabilities as some of its competitors, such as Netflix. Although Amazon Prime has many great features to their service, they do have a few drawbacks, as you can see.  Amazon's main drawback is that you have to pay for an entire year up front, which can be a high price to pay for some people. In addition, they don't have as many personalization controls as Netflix.

The Bottom Line

For regular Amazon consumers, Amazon Prime is an excellent streaming option to look into. However, for those who don't shop a lot on Amazon, and would not utilize the free two day standard shipping, Amazon Prime might not be worth the $99 all-at-once annual price. Overall Amazon Prime has a large selection of movies and TV, with their own Amazon Prime exclusive series.  They provide their members with many additional perks not related to streaming TV, which is a bonus.  Also, they provide discounts to students.

cecigilbert25 Arlington, TX

Love, love Amazon Prime. Not only can I get my online orders quick but I’m able to watch a variety of different shows.

1 day ago

Ishtar Oushana MD Palmdale, CA

Really like the Prime Service. Excellent next day delivery and great variety of products. Like Prime Video as well because they carry the shows and movies we love.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

I love that this steaming site is included with my Prime account. Amazon has a lot of different shows that aren't on the other streaming sites.

Gabriela Torres Jacksonville, FL

It’s very Addicting! Low prices, Always on time! No complain

Andrea Wheaton, IL

Amazon Prime's user interface leaves much to be desired. For all that the company invests in their shopping platform, they could use to upgrade this area for sure! The delay in selecting what to watch is annoying and the pause/rewind/forward options are hard to navigate. I give three stars for the options they have for watching, otherwise, I hope they do some work on this service soon to keep up with much better designed streaming services out there.

R. Florez North Highlands, CA

It's just okay. Honestly, it's usually the last app I go to, to look for shows or movies. There usually isn't much I want to see. I get it as part of my prime shipping, otherwise I wouldn't pay for it.

Na Oshkosh, WI

Like: quick delivery, free returns, never really a bad experience so far. If need to return, it's free (if free returns listed before purchasing) and most returns does not require boxes and packaging. Dislike: some people rate some products with five stars just to receive free products. Only order if free returns are offered.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

Amazon Prime is great. Wish they'd offer more movies and TV shows to watch for free. I love getting free shipping with Amazon Prime. But I only get free shipping sometimes. They charge WAY too much if you want to sell a few items on their website. Amazon REALLY needs to keep politics out of their business!!!!!!!!

Jessica Lopez , FL

Currently with Prime,been using them a few months now. Good selection of movies. Prices are a little high for some of the movies/shows that are not included for free, but they give you options for free 7 day subscriptions on some shows

Landon Nelson American Fork, UT

One of the best ways to watch shows at a very small price makes all shows accessible

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I've been a customer of Amazon Prime for many years and have found the service to be reliable. They have a good selection of streaming TV I only wish there was a way to filter free from pay.

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I like using Amazon Prime, but I don't like that you have to pay to use Amazon Prime and then you have to pay extra for certain movies/ TV shows. I think that's unusual. Other than that it's good.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

There are a lot of good shows on Amazon Prime, but there are also a lot of options that crowd out the good options. The setup of the website isn't the greatest which makes it harder to find movies or shows. I do like the option that Amazon gives of watching certain moves (normally the more popular ones that aren't on any of the other streaming services) with commercial breaks.

Mezo Uchiha Hamden, CT

Amazon prime makes delivery very simple and fast and addition to its new video movie platform it’s amazing

Nancy Greenberg Fort Myers, FL

I am always amazed at what Amazon Prime has to offer, great programs, efficient streaming and value for the money.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

The Amazon Prime platform for shows is nice to have but it would not work if it was the only service I paid for. There is not a lot to choose from and it gets frustrating when not all of the movies you see are available on prime. However, I do like that it gives you the option to pay because I can find most shows on Amazon Prime platform even if I have to pay sometimes.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

LOVE AMAZON PRIME! They are a great streaming service and I like how my TVs come with the app already loaded and easy to access. They have great original content and have bee good for new series and a nice addition to the Amazon Price offerings.

A L Whippany, NJ

I am currently an amazon prime student member. I frequently make purchases that range from Christmas shopping to essentials such as toothpaste and deodorant. I also love watching prime videos and frequently watch movies and TV shows that are included with the subscriptions. Amazon prime is reliable with delivery speeds and a nice selection of prime items.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

If you shop on amazon you need to have amazon prime. With its streaming service that has plenty of free shows to watch and the free shipping there is no reason you shouldn't have it. Ive enjoyed watching several movies and shows the last couple months since we have been quarantined on prime. Id highly recommend it

Amy Billings Smithfield, UT

Amazon is a great company, and Amazon streaming service is no exception. It is an easy way to rent movies that may not otherwise be available. It rarely buffers, and they have some exciting original content like Jack Reacher. You can’t go wrong with Amazon!

Brielle Wright Logan, UT

Amazon Prime is awesome to use because it has a simple set up and a variety of shows. It also introduces new shows and movies based of your previous likings.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

What I love best about Amazon Prime Video is the wide selection of movies and shows to watch free or rent. Their rentals are so up to date that it is easy to find new releases to watch! There is a wide array of options for every age group in a family!

Cecilia Jones Moselle, MS

I enjoy the variety in shows, however i do not like that you have to pay for each show you would like to watch.

Bergen Billings Smithfield, UT

Amazon really has some great content I can find everything I want. I have run into Tripura in the past. But since then there has been not troubles and it has been smooth sailing.

cmci

Both Amazon Prime and Prime Video are well worth it. Customer service can be hard to get a hold of but A-1 when you do

Frederline Jean-Philippe Tallahassee, FL

Need more shows and movie variety. Needs to lower prices and be more competitive

Kathy Faustin Jacksonville, FL

I love that Amazon Video comes with my Amazon Prime and it has a lot of good quality shows and movies on there that I didn’t know about! Would definitely recommend this!

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Amazon prime streaming service is ok. They have lots of movies and shows but they are a bit outdated. They do have newer movies and shows available but you have to purchase them or the network they are from.

Wendy Park City, UT

Amazon Prime has a wide variety of shows to stream. It even has a BBC channel where you can find your favorite British shows. I love that!

Anne Tallahassee, FL

Customer service is so amazing. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! They are so understanding and nice to speak with. They are patient and so helpful. The return policy is so great. With prime you don't have to pay return shipping and you can have UPS come pick it up at your door. There is access to prime moves/TV. I finally got to watch House M.D. which I was so happy about.

Jc Cribbs Akron, OH

Prime gives you a lot of options for consuming video and tv content. For about the same price of Netflix you get a large variety of new and old tv shows and movies. Not to mention Thursday Night Football that starts in October! I also enjoy their Amazon Original programming I feel they are expanding on creating some great new tv series to watch.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Love my prime account it's very easy to manage premium subscriptions and rent extra movies. I find it to be one of my best streaming services.

Kajsa Kirby Denver, CO

I absolutely love amazon prime video!! Their customer service is prompt and attentive and they have such a broad selection of movies that you can really find almost anything that you are looking for. I love how you can choose to buy or rent the movie in different formats. I can watch on my smart tv or my phone and they have so many great shows and movies that come free with the amazon prime membership as well! They do a great job with rotating things in and out based on popularity for the selection that comes free with the membership.

Lkirton Park City, UT

I love all the content that is included in the Prime membership. Highly recommend!

Alex Danielson Riverton, UT

We've had Prime for a couple years now and so far no complaints! We mostly use Prime for the free shipping, but we also love the variety of movies available!

AF ,

I like that you can use your prime membership to watch movies! They have different shows than what you're getting on Netflix which is nice. I actually think it would be nice if Amazon offered different levels of membership so you didn't have to pay for the movie streaming service, but since I already have it... I'll use it!

Shante Reeder Draper, UT

Best money I've ever spent. I love how easy it is, how reliable it is, and how FAST it is. I find almost everything I need and more on here!

joe tarantino Kingman, AZ

great shows and even greater movies at a great price,very reliable and stable

James Shoulders Casa Grande, AZ

Excellent service and selection of streaming apps

george ce Euless, TX

every 2 out of 5 times they ask me to log in again, which is some security measure but it takesme two separate phones to do and a log in into my account. When I come home from work tired I sit onthe sofa and all I want is to watch tv , not keep getting up to search for my phones to log in. what a waste of time.

Claire Campbell Beaumont, TX

Enjoy the British Crime Mystery shows and the American Crime shows as well

Bluu Corpus Christi, TX

Shows are interesting and easy to access.

Charles Thompson

Login in & they really have good Customer service

Steve Johnson Fort Myers, FL

My favorite service. I watch for the great variety

Joe Phillips Douglasville, GA

The quality and variety of movies from free to pay or excellent.

Linda Half Moon Bay, CA

Love the content. Always something interesting on.

Craig Folk

when I order something I get it fast. the variety of things they handle is enormous.

Dominic Moreno Hanford, CA

They're a great stream service. They have awesome content.

Sullivan Lubbock, TX

Enjoy movies without ads and with limited to no offensive language.

Donna Tozer

We try to use them every evening however it is getting to the point they just try to charge us to see movies on-gping