Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime Logo

Amazon Prime

$8.99 Monthly Fees

Amazon has created a product that combines movie, TV, music, and book streaming all in one easy-to-access platform. Amazon Prime is more than just a streaming service, it also saves members fees on shipping for Amazon.com orders.  Amazon has been in business for over 20 years and is now known as the world's largest online retailer!

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Features and perks
  • Discounts and free trial

Selection

Amazon Prime has over 4,500 movies and television shows for you to choose from.

Additional Perks

Members of Amazon Prime also have access to Prime Music, Prime Photos, Prime Pantry, and Amazon Elements. Customers also have access to free two day shipping on all orders marked with the special Prime icon on Amazon.com.

Parental Controls

Amazon Prime provides quality parental controls, allowing members to set a PIN and viewing restrictions on movies and TV shows.

Student Discount

If you are a student you get six months of Amazon Prime for free, and 50 percent off after that, for as long as you are a student.

Free 30-day Trial

Amazon offers a 30-day free trial to potential customers, allowing them to try out Amazon Prime before making a final decision.

Amazon Prime has so many great aspects to their service. For $99/year, subscribers pay less than $9 a month for Amazon Prime's services. This is a very reasonable price for the streaming tv industry. In addition, Amazon Prime gives its members the option to pay a small fee to watch newer/more popular releases so they don't have to wait.

Overall, from the large library to the additional Amazon Perks, this service has many great benefits!

The Bad

• One time large fee
  • Can have additional costs
  • No personalization options

One Time Large Fee

Although, if broken down, Amazon Prime's fee is less than $9 monthly, having to pay $99 all at once can be a lot. Amazon Prime doesn't provide a monthly payment option for members.

Additional Costs

Although Amazon Prime releases content quickly, members have to pay to watch newer episodes & movies from popular series. Costs range from $1.99-$2.99, and movie rentals are $2.99-$6.99.

Personalization

Amazon does not have as many account personalization capabilities as some of its competitors, such as Netflix.

Although Amazon Prime has many great features to their service, they do have a few drawbacks, as you can see.  Amazon's main drawback is that you have to pay for an entire year up front, which can be a high price to pay for some people. In addition, they don't have as many personalization controls as Netflix.

The Bottom Line

For regular Amazon consumers, Amazon Prime is an excellent streaming option to look into. However, for those who don't shop a lot on Amazon, and would not utilize the free two day standard shipping, Amazon Prime might not be worth the $99 all-at-once annual price.

Overall Amazon Prime has a large selection of movies and TV, with their own Amazon Prime exclusive series.  They provide their members with many additional perks not related to streaming TV, which is a bonus.  Also, they provide discounts to students.

Allyce Jones
May 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

It provides a great options to different movies and shows to purchase whenever you want. It's nice to not have to use DVD's since it's stored on your amazon prime app. Movies and shows are easy to purchase and great entertainment and easily stored.

Craig
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime Video is an awesome add on to our Prime membership. I have thoroughly enjoyed the original content and wide selection of old movies. If you have Prime already, you need to check it out. It is worth getting the Prime Membership alone.

BLF
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We love to use this streaming feature, especially since it goes with our Amazon Prime account. The movie selection is great and the download feature is ingenious.

Jeremy
May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I haven’t used this as much but it has a good diverse collection of movies and tv in a good inclusive service.

Lauren Familia
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love amazon prime! I love watching movies on it. I wish they had more movies and TV shows. But overall, its awesome!

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I have a Prime subscription so I thought I would try Prime Video. I am very happy with everything that comes with it. The Prime Originals are great and you can add a lot to it to make it your primary television service. Give it a try!!

Jennifer
May 10th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I didn't know what to expect with Amazon Prime Video since it is a free service added onto my Prime subscription. I have since been blown away by everything that comes with it. The movies are very good especially since they have many blockbuster options. The original content is great and options for add on subscriptions make Amazon Prime Video have many more options than other similar streaming services.

Reese
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I think that Amazon Prime has great options at a great price. I like that it has other services that are great for me through Amazon along with an awesome selection of movies and tv shows.

Ashley
May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I highly recommend Prime video for their original series. Homecoming and Goliath are my favorite with outstanding stars! You can only find these through streaming Amazon Prime. It is a free service through your amazon prime benefit. I also appreciate the variety of kids and family TV that is available.

Jennifer
May 2nd, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I wouldn't pay for the movie streaming service on its own and only have it because it comes with Prime which I use for the easy and fast shipping. Not a lot of good Prime movie selection - even 15 year old movies still aren't on Prime and charge at $3.99 to rent. Most of the media on there costs extra to watch as it isn't included with Prime. Amazon is also the master of the add-on "deals" which seems a little sneaky way to add up extra add-on costs quickly. And now they have a new gimmick called "IMDB free dive". Meh.

Sad and disappointed
April 29th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

Sooo angry 😖 and sad ☹. Ive been watching a show, I'm now on season 5. Been watching my fav show for a couple of hours. Go to click on the next show....all of a sudden, they add a charge of $2.99! In the middle of watching it! I went back and all the shows I already watched (for free) now have a $2.99 charge. WTH! Really?! In the middle of binge watching?! Come on Amazon. Thats why people talk bad about Amazon for streaming. I was your last customer in my group of friends. Not any more. Whats the point of paying monthly If I have to also pay for shows? Not to mention in mid binge.

Katelyn Connell
April 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

My husband and I will get onto Amazon Prime every once in a while if we are not able to find something we would like to watch on Hulu or Netflix first. They have a few good movies and TV shows, but not as many as the other websites. We do love that it comes free with our membership.

Abby
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime is wonderful! It is such a good price for an amazing service. I love that I can get almost any product I need for a reasonable price and with next day shipping! Amazon Video, that is included with a Prime subscription is also great!

Floyd
April 10th, 2019 Rapid City, SD DETAILS

I pay well over $100 a year, but you have a lot of movies that I have to pay additional to watch. this is ridiculous. if you have to pay more to watch it then it shouldn't be added to movie list for account holders.

Ashley
April 1st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Amazon has always had a numerous amount of shows and variety. I love the app, although there are sometimes troubles with the streaming. It generally takes a long time to load.

Eliza Anne Jones
April 1st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Our family loves renting movies from Amazon Prime streaming. It has a larger selection of movies than any other streaming site we have used. The movies are cheap and great quality.

Abby Driggs
March 29th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

So easy to order movies and there’s a large selection to choose from. More expensive to buy a single movie than Netflix, but I’ve found that Netflix has a very limited amount of movies. Worth it to pay for prime.

Carol
March 15th, 2019 Sanford, NC DETAILS

After watching Amazon Prime Video for about an hour we get the following error - internet browser will be closed due to internal error. Netflix and other apps do not give us this error. I have call Amazon Customer Service three times over the last 3 weeks. They tell us they will call back which they never do. Amazon customer service also created a ticket for the tech dept. and they never called us back either. Today I called again and I was told the ticket was closed out and the problem fixed. That is not the case. Amazon Prime Video customer service is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Lucija Tudor
March 5th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Tried the Amazon prime for a trial period, and after their notification that my membership has ended they continued to charge their membership without any information, confirmation, receipt, mail etc...shame on you Amazon prime. I will never use your platform again

Kilee De Oliveira
February 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love using Amazon prime. The streaming service is super fast, very reliable and easy to use.

Patricia
February 14th, 2019 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

Amazon Prime (TV) is really good wish they had more movies included didn't have to rent as much. Still I like it I totally hooked on about 3 of their original series. Sneaky Pete and Goliath can't wait until they bring season 2 of Jack Ryan.

Hannah Giles
February 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I use Amazon Prime all the time. We probably use it at least four times per week. I like the variety of shows and movies that they have and find it pretty easy to search for shows. I wish they had more that are free with our Prime membership. It seems that we do have to pay to rent most shows and rarely find free ones.

Pasimata
February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I’ve already seen a handful of your original series, and they’re amazing. Your original series are better than Netflix and Hulu. I love the shows and I love that I get amazon prime with my shows.

Londyn Berrett
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I poorly implemented copy of Netflix. It is included in Prime, otherwise we would not have this. Navigation is not intuitive. It is very difficult to see what content is included for prime members and not included. They make In-app purchases for movies and rentals completely impossible and force you to a desktop, which I have never done and this leaves money on the table for them. It needs a complete overhaul

Jonas De Olveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

While I have Amazon Prime, I rarely use it for streaming. It seems like everything I want to watch costs something extra. Definitely not my favorite feature of prime.

Jenny Hansen
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Great options for the entire family. I also like having options from STARZ, masterpiece theatre, and HBO. We love the “If you give a mouse a cookie “ series.

Christy Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We stream amazon every day. I love all the shows and movies on there but there’s two things that bother me. 1- I can’t put up parental controls to block certain content from my kids and that’s disappointing because sometimes I think of cancelling my subscription so my kids don’t watch bad stuff. 2- I get why they do it but why show a bunch of shows and movies that are not included with prime mixed in with ones that are included. It makes it feel like when I click on amazon I’m going to go broke. Ends up costing more than going out. Sometimes I just don’t want to click on it. But I do appreciate that they made it so that the shows automatically play the next episode. I never turned it on for my kids before that because I had to be sitting there to start the next one or hand my tiny kid the remote and that could end with my problem number one where I can’t block adult content. Just a few things to think about.

Anthony
February 13th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

I've been an Amazon Prime costumer for over 10 years. One of the best things included is Prime Video. They have the best original programs out there. And, they keep adding more every month. You can watch a show with the whole family or just with your significant other. There’s something for everyone.

S Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

This is a great product and I especially enjoy the content that is available for streaming. I would like to see more content but i understand the services involved and options to upgrade.

Ponch Thompson
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Prime Video features offer older movies... less features. In what I have used and seen, what it does offer is ... ok if you are ok with older movies

P Crawley
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the movie choices on Amazon Prime. They are easy to download and search for. We watch movies a lot and use Amazon all the time.

Nicole Garrett
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I feel like the search interface for streaming TV and movies needs to be made more user friendly. I rarely ever choose Amazon for my streaming needs.

Nathan Hill
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have mostly liked using Amazon Prime to stream TV. We like all the options they have and it's easy to watch and access them. We mostly use it to watch movies or for shows for our children and we which has been nice. They do tout a lot about having lots of options, but after watching like one season then you need to pay for some of them so we don't love that as much. Overall we do like using them and would recommend it.

Myah Smith
February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I have only ever had Amazon Prime with free trials. I love it when we decide to use Prime. The delivery time is so convenient. But also the Prime Tv makes life so much better for me. I can instantly watch movies without having to go find them at different stores.

Katie Young
February 12th, 2019 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

Not my favorite video streaming service, but it does alright if you can find a movie you like. The app is just okay, but their original series are pretty good. If I didn't have Amazon Prime for the 2 day shipping I probably wouldn't pay for this service on its own.

JR Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

This is a good product, I would like to see more options for prime. Great price point

Jenny
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I enjoy Amazon Prime. I am always able to find something to watch. Lots of good movie choices.

Jada Scott
February 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

My family loves to watch movies and Amazon Prime always has the most recent releases. It's much easier than renting DVDs and having to return them to the store.

Erin
February 12th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime has a wide variety of movies and television shows for all ages. We love watching movies from the comfort of our home rather than going to the theater. We haven’t had any problems when we’ve ordered movies.

Brandie Rudy
February 12th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime was my favorite discovery this year. I love Amazon originals. I have binge watched most of the available seasons and look forward to new releases. I like having the ability to set parental controls.

Andrea
February 12th, 2019 Orangevale, CA DETAILS

I love the quick shipping and easy return process when you shop with Prime sellers. I also enjoy the selection of movies and shows included with my Prime membership.

Amanda Olsen
February 12th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime is awesome! Their products, services, and selection is amazing. Easy to navigate and find movies that fit the entire family.

Brennan
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Great added benefit to Amazon Prime! If you haven't used Amazon Prime video you need to. Great selection of movies and awesome App. I would buy Amazon Prime just for the video portion!

Sophie
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime is another very good streaming service. It provides new movies quickly and also has some fantastic original content.

Krysten
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Great video selections and easy to use app. Loved the sneaky Pete series and the app is easy to use.

Cara Marshall
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We dig Amazon Prime, mostly because it has our favorite shows, ok it has Suits. And that's what is winning our business. What am I saying? Who could live without Prime at this point? Prime Video is a really nice added benefit though. That being said, it is not our exclusive source of streaming video. We use a couple of other sites, as well, to meet all of our tv/video needs.

Amanda
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We use amazon prime everyday for streaming movies and tv shows. Great service and good price.

JAKE
February 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have had amazon Prime for over a year now and we really enjoy their service. I really like that Amazon makes everything very streamlined. Its nice to be able to login and have so many available options. Also really like all the different types of shows available.

Zack
February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Amazon is awesome! They have a great variety of movies to watch. From the comfort of my home I can watch oldies movies I haven't seen in ages.

sydney
February 7th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Amazon Prime is the best! Many items come in less than 12 hours. Literally everything you could need to order is on Amazon! Their TV streaming is very high quality with many different shows available.