Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime Logo

Amazon Prime

$8.99 Monthly Fees

Amazon has created a product that combines movie, TV, music, and book streaming all in one easy-to-access platform. Amazon Prime is more than just a streaming service, it also saves members fees on shipping for Amazon.com orders.  Amazon has been in business for over 20 years and is now known as the world's largest online retailer!

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Features and perks
  • Discounts and free trial

Selection

Amazon Prime has over 4,500 movies and television shows for you to choose from.

Additional Perks

Members of Amazon Prime also have access to Prime Music, Prime Photos, Prime Pantry, and Amazon Elements. Customers also have access to free two day shipping on all orders marked with the special Prime icon on Amazon.com.

Parental Controls

Amazon Prime provides quality parental controls, allowing members to set a PIN and viewing restrictions on movies and TV shows.

Student Discount

If you are a student you get six months of Amazon Prime for free, and 50 percent off after that, for as long as you are a student.

Free 30-day Trial

Amazon offers a 30-day free trial to potential customers, allowing them to try out Amazon Prime before making a final decision.

Amazon Prime has so many great aspects to their service. For $99/year, subscribers pay less than $9 a month for Amazon Prime's services. This is a very reasonable price for the streaming tv industry. In addition, Amazon Prime gives its members the option to pay a small fee to watch newer/more popular releases so they don't have to wait.

Overall, from the large library to the additional Amazon Perks, this service has many great benefits!

The Bad

• One time large fee
  • Can have additional costs
  • No personalization options

One Time Large Fee

Although, if broken down, Amazon Prime's fee is less than $9 monthly, having to pay $99 all at once can be a lot. Amazon Prime doesn't provide a monthly payment option for members.

Additional Costs

Although Amazon Prime releases content quickly, members have to pay to watch newer episodes & movies from popular series. Costs range from $1.99-$2.99, and movie rentals are $2.99-$6.99.

Personalization

Amazon does not have as many account personalization capabilities as some of its competitors, such as Netflix.

Although Amazon Prime has many great features to their service, they do have a few drawbacks, as you can see.  Amazon's main drawback is that you have to pay for an entire year up front, which can be a high price to pay for some people. In addition, they don't have as many personalization controls as Netflix.

The Bottom Line

For regular Amazon consumers, Amazon Prime is an excellent streaming option to look into. However, for those who don't shop a lot on Amazon, and would not utilize the free two day standard shipping, Amazon Prime might not be worth the $99 all-at-once annual price.

Overall Amazon Prime has a large selection of movies and TV, with their own Amazon Prime exclusive series.  They provide their members with many additional perks not related to streaming TV, which is a bonus.  Also, they provide discounts to students.

Carol
March 15th, 2019 Sanford, NC DETAILS

After watching Amazon Prime Video for about an hour we get the following error - internet browser will be closed due to internal error. Netflix and other apps do not give us this error. I have call Amazon Customer Service three times over the last 3 weeks. They tell us they will call back which they never do. Amazon customer service also created a ticket for the tech dept. and they never called us back either. Today I called again and I was told the ticket was closed out and the problem fixed. That is not the case. Amazon Prime Video customer service is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Lucija Tudor
March 5th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Tried the Amazon prime for a trial period, and after their notification that my membership has ended they continued to charge their membership without any information, confirmation, receipt, mail etc...shame on you Amazon prime. I will never use your platform again

Patricia
February 14th, 2019 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

Amazon Prime (TV) is really good wish they had more movies included didn't have to rent as much. Still I like it I totally hooked on about 3 of their original series. Sneaky Pete and Goliath can't wait until they bring season 2 of Jack Ryan.

Kilee De Oliveira
February 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love using Amazon prime. The streaming service is super fast, very reliable and easy to use.

Anthony
February 13th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

I've been an Amazon Prime costumer for over 10 years. One of the best things included is Prime Video. They have the best original programs out there. And, they keep adding more every month. You can watch a show with the whole family or just with your significant other. There’s something for everyone.

Jenny Hansen
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Great options for the entire family. I also like having options from STARZ, masterpiece theatre, and HBO. We love the “If you give a mouse a cookie “ series.

Christy Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We stream amazon every day. I love all the shows and movies on there but there’s two things that bother me. 1- I can’t put up parental controls to block certain content from my kids and that’s disappointing because sometimes I think of cancelling my subscription so my kids don’t watch bad stuff. 2- I get why they do it but why show a bunch of shows and movies that are not included with prime mixed in with ones that are included. It makes it feel like when I click on amazon I’m going to go broke. Ends up costing more than going out. Sometimes I just don’t want to click on it. But I do appreciate that they made it so that the shows automatically play the next episode. I never turned it on for my kids before that because I had to be sitting there to start the next one or hand my tiny kid the remote and that could end with my problem number one where I can’t block adult content. Just a few things to think about.

Londyn Berrett
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I poorly implemented copy of Netflix. It is included in Prime, otherwise we would not have this. Navigation is not intuitive. It is very difficult to see what content is included for prime members and not included. They make In-app purchases for movies and rentals completely impossible and force you to a desktop, which I have never done and this leaves money on the table for them. It needs a complete overhaul

Jonas De Olveira
February 13th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

While I have Amazon Prime, I rarely use it for streaming. It seems like everything I want to watch costs something extra. Definitely not my favorite feature of prime.

Pasimata
February 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

I’ve already seen a handful of your original series, and they’re amazing. Your original series are better than Netflix and Hulu. I love the shows and I love that I get amazon prime with my shows.

Erin
February 12th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime has a wide variety of movies and television shows for all ages. We love watching movies from the comfort of our home rather than going to the theater. We haven’t had any problems when we’ve ordered movies.

Jenny
February 12th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I enjoy Amazon Prime. I am always able to find something to watch. Lots of good movie choices.

P Crawley
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the movie choices on Amazon Prime. They are easy to download and search for. We watch movies a lot and use Amazon all the time.

Jada Scott
February 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

My family loves to watch movies and Amazon Prime always has the most recent releases. It's much easier than renting DVDs and having to return them to the store.

Nathan Hill
February 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have mostly liked using Amazon Prime to stream TV. We like all the options they have and it's easy to watch and access them. We mostly use it to watch movies or for shows for our children and we which has been nice. They do tout a lot about having lots of options, but after watching like one season then you need to pay for some of them so we don't love that as much. Overall we do like using them and would recommend it.

S Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

This is a great product and I especially enjoy the content that is available for streaming. I would like to see more content but i understand the services involved and options to upgrade.

Brandie Rudy
February 12th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime was my favorite discovery this year. I love Amazon originals. I have binge watched most of the available seasons and look forward to new releases. I like having the ability to set parental controls.

Katie Young
February 12th, 2019 Charlottesville, VA DETAILS

Not my favorite video streaming service, but it does alright if you can find a movie you like. The app is just okay, but their original series are pretty good. If I didn't have Amazon Prime for the 2 day shipping I probably wouldn't pay for this service on its own.

JR Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

This is a good product, I would like to see more options for prime. Great price point

Nicole Garrett
February 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I feel like the search interface for streaming TV and movies needs to be made more user friendly. I rarely ever choose Amazon for my streaming needs.

Andrea
February 12th, 2019 Orangevale, CA DETAILS

I love the quick shipping and easy return process when you shop with Prime sellers. I also enjoy the selection of movies and shows included with my Prime membership.

Amanda Olsen
February 12th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime is awesome! Their products, services, and selection is amazing. Easy to navigate and find movies that fit the entire family.

Myah Smith
February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I have only ever had Amazon Prime with free trials. I love it when we decide to use Prime. The delivery time is so convenient. But also the Prime Tv makes life so much better for me. I can instantly watch movies without having to go find them at different stores.

Ponch Thompson
February 12th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Prime Video features offer older movies... less features. In what I have used and seen, what it does offer is ... ok if you are ok with older movies

Brennan
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Great added benefit to Amazon Prime! If you haven't used Amazon Prime video you need to. Great selection of movies and awesome App. I would buy Amazon Prime just for the video portion!

Amanda
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We use amazon prime everyday for streaming movies and tv shows. Great service and good price.

Cara Marshall
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We dig Amazon Prime, mostly because it has our favorite shows, ok it has Suits. And that's what is winning our business. What am I saying? Who could live without Prime at this point? Prime Video is a really nice added benefit though. That being said, it is not our exclusive source of streaming video. We use a couple of other sites, as well, to meet all of our tv/video needs.

Hannah Giles
February 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I use Amazon Prime all the time. We probably use it at least four times per week. I like the variety of shows and movies that they have and find it pretty easy to search for shows. I wish they had more that are free with our Prime membership. It seems that we do have to pay to rent most shows and rarely find free ones.

Sophie
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime is another very good streaming service. It provides new movies quickly and also has some fantastic original content.

Krysten
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Great video selections and easy to use app. Loved the sneaky Pete series and the app is easy to use.

JAKE
February 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have had amazon Prime for over a year now and we really enjoy their service. I really like that Amazon makes everything very streamlined. Its nice to be able to login and have so many available options. Also really like all the different types of shows available.

Zack
February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Amazon is awesome! They have a great variety of movies to watch. From the comfort of my home I can watch oldies movies I haven't seen in ages.

sydney
February 7th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Amazon Prime is the best! Many items come in less than 12 hours. Literally everything you could need to order is on Amazon! Their TV streaming is very high quality with many different shows available.

Noriko Johnson
February 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Great value it could be easier to use but the selection is good and it works with vid angle which is a big big plus

Ann Bailey
February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love the fast service of Amazon Prime on TV. We have enjoyed watching family movies at a reasonable price or even free.

Erikka N
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love everything about amazon prime. There are so many benefits to it. I also like the streaming service. There are lots of tv shows and movies available that I was unable to find on other streaming services. I have been very happy with the products and services available.

Miguel Figueroa
February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Have used amazon prime for a while. Great content, it’s nice that if something isn’t included in the service you have the option to rent, honestly though my favorite has been how easily it is to control parental settings, and that it has to be done from the website so that kids don’t even get a chance to get around the settings in the TV app.

Amber McEntire
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Love that they have PBS kids programs like Daniel tiger. Disappointed in all the rated m shows that really don't need to add the crap that makes no difference to the plot. Needs more family programming in their original shows

Cindy Bailey
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

The movies jump and skip sometimes. I don’t like that you can’t download the movie you buy

kerry perez
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Yes, have been a Amazon Prime member for a while now, but just realize I have access to movies with my Prime membership, didnt realize what I'm missing out on. Really enjoy the movies just for prime users, all their series are fantastic, the quality is spectacular and so easy to use and access.. !!

Kent
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Overall I really like Amazon Prime. When it comes to delivery. Prime movies is ok but it takes too long for the new releases to show up.

Tim Berrett
February 5th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime has a decent streaming service offering. We are glad that the service comes with Prime membership because I don't think we would pay for it otherwise. They do have some good original content and a good mix of other existing content. Our primary frustration with Prime video is how hard it is to tell if something is included with Amazon Prime or not, until you have clicked into it to watch it. That part of the experience needs to be redesigned.

Cici Paskett
February 5th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Usually has whatever you need, but paying extra to watch the movies when you already pay to subscribe is a bummer. It’s not very expensive, but you could probably find it free somewhere else.

Lucas
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love their content and original shows. I’d like to see some more TV14 shows for my teens.

Alicia
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy Amazon Prime. I like that you can buy movies but I don’t like that you don’t have access to the movies that you buy if you cancel your subscription.

Lindsey B
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I like Amazon Prime Streaming for their different variety of movies. They seem to have more recent releases in their selection. This service is a great added benefit to having Amazon Prime. I would recommend taking advantage of the streaming service as it is very good!

Micah Bradshaw
February 4th, 2019 Salem, UT DETAILS

I like the selection of things on Amazon Prime that you can't get on Hulu or Netflix, like PSYCH! Easy to access anywhere and all you need is your Amazon login.

Jason Brown
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I'm a fan of Prime overall, but I think that Amazon Prime's movie selection (quantity) is lacking.

Lindsey A Brown
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Amazon Prime TV streaming has a great variety of shows and movies for both adults and kids. We have really enjoyed the options that Amazon TV offers. Up to this point, we have not encountered any problems and will continue to use Amazon!

Brittney Miskin
February 4th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Customer service is amazing. Anytime there's any trouble they ate very quick to make it right.