Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 Sungevity chevron_right
#2 Sunrun chevron_right
3.6
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.5

Randy Wilson
June 19th, 2017 Edison, NJ

Very informative at the start, communication lapsed here and there, had to take the initiative and shake the tree a few times to get things moving. Turn on date was set for March, happened in May, but this was more of the township slacking on getting a CoA sent out. I had to call the township and get that ball moving again. Installation people were professional and fast. Will have an update a few months in as we hit our first summer with solar. We went with the Power Purchase Agreement, which means that Trinity owns the panels and the power, and we get discounted costs for electricity.

Chet Begley
June 16th, 2017 Woodbury, NJ

Had appointment and no one showed up or called

Chris Allen
June 8th, 2017

Recently had a salesman visit my door misrepresenting himself . He stated " I'm here to talk about the state alternative energy mandate , I'm not selling anything " . When I pressed who he represented he told me he was from Trinity Solar . I consider this deceptive and dishonest and will never do business with a company that resorts to these methods .

Longman
June 6th, 2017 Plainsboro, NJ

I have NEVER been as disappointed with ANY COMPANY as Trinity. I'm of Faith, and they even used "Trinity" as a selling marketing ploy. shame, shame. Panels took forever to get installed. I started mine 5 months before my neighbor SunRun had them up & running in no time. I was going to let 'all' my friends and co workers know' the benefits. However; I was "Undersized", so I was told by them I'd need to install another 'whole unit, and Yes under Contract!...Ridiculous!. I'm paying ~$65.00/month rental, 25year contract...and stuck in it until 10 years, minimum, then I can BUY OUT!!...Ridiculous!...I wanted to pay off, but cant even do that. Biggest HUSTLE I've ever been scammed into, but We live & learn, I should have looked at ALL OPTIONS of other companies, No 2 are the same....it's just that this is clearly the Worst!

Kate Young
June 5th, 2017

Sales guy (Josh) called my dogs rats, when he asked where I thought gut he was from because of his accent I said Georgia and he said I'm going to uppercut the next person who says that. I asked for a business card and they had nothing. I was nervous they were actually casing my house to rob it.

Craig Hinckley
May 16th, 2017 Brookfield, CT

I'll save you a lot of headache by just saying find another company. Trinity Solar may have been a good company a couple of years ago but from what I've learned they are in major financial trouble. They pulled the old bait and switch and when their "financial partner" went out of business last year (OneRoof Energy) they continued to install systems that One Roof had financed.... after the system was installed then Trinity contacted the clients and attempted to switch them over to another financial partner with much less favorable terms. Most people just signed without understanding the differences but it will haunt them down the road... I'm a former employee and client. My system was installed by Trinity and financed by OneRoof Energy but was completed before the "financial meltdown "... it works fine. Trinity works hard to get positive reviews and there are some happy customers. There are an alarming number of extremely angry clients and former employees.

Maria Chesney
April 12th, 2017 Toms River, NJ

Thank you everyone who has given your honest opinion and shared your experiences. My husband and I had a gentleman come by our house on Saturday afternoon at 2pm for our initial appointment. He was on time and very friendly, but when it came down to talking numbers and initiating service he became EXTREMELY high pressure. He had two laptops going, was talking 90 miles an hours and flippng documents back and forth between us and pressuring us to sign up. I told him we were just looking into it today and we would review the documents and set up a follow up appointment. Well, he started saying how very difficult it would be for him to get back out to us and if we would just sign up to get things started because it would take him 30 days to get the financing paperwork through and pull the permits. I told him, AGAIN, that we were only looking into it at this time. I wanted to look over all of the documents that he emailed me. He didn't even have actual papers with him to read, just emails of documents!! He kept saying if you just sign this and get things started, it's no problem if you change your mind because you have 30 days to cancel. All lies!! Contract law in New Jersey has a 3-business days rescission provision and I happen to know that it applies to ALL contracts. He insisted, no you have 30 days to cancel. I also told him he was way too high pressure for me. We're NOT signing anything today. You can come back another day after we look things over. Again, he pressured that it would be very difficult for him to come back out to us. That's when I really lost it! I told him if he really wanted the sale, he would find a way to get back to us.......especially since he started his appointment with us by letting us know he only lives 20 minutes away from our house!!! Everyone please heed these warnings on this website. Guess what? I was right - all the paperwork says "3-business days" rescission period all in Capital Letters! He called me again this morning and I told him that's what the paperwork says and he said, 'No, it's 30 days.' I said, 'You don't even know what your paperwork says.' He said, "Yes I do." So I said, "Well, then if you do I guess you were purposely trying to deceive us!' He hung up on me. BEWARE! I am now looking into NJ Home Services - they are right here in NJ and their parent company is NJNG - so you don't have to worry about them skipping out. By the way - Trinity used to do business in Utah. They no longer have an office there. I wonder what all of those customers in Utah are doing for service now.......

Tricia R.
April 10th, 2017 Oakdale, CT

Our original salesperson was great. But after the roof survey the company called and said our roof needed support but they'd do it at installation with no charge, no problem. Then we needed trees cut down, since there was too much shade. We did, but didn't hear back after many e-mails. Our salesman had left but no-one took his account! I called and called but got no response until I left a message to return my deposit. Then I was called by someone who didn't know what he was talking about. I still cancelled but had to sign an agreement not to go with anyone else! I still had another company give a roof survey and THEY said, unfortunately, our roof here in NE wouldn't be strong enough, with snow and panels, and since we have cathedral ceilings, we have very little attic space to reinforce. We'd need to remove the roof to do so! So we had to cancel our plans and now we have no more trees since we cut them down for Trinity!!! If we'd gone ahead with them, we might have had a cave in after a typical New England snowstorm!!!!

Robert ten Napel
April 7th, 2017 Stony Brook, NY

Great company. It's a 2 year anniversary since Trinity Solar installed our 10kw system and having to pay only monthly PSEG electric-grid hookup charges. Trinity also faithfully monitors the performance of our solar system on a regular basis and recently informed us that we had a slight problem. Turns out that due to squirrel nesting, damage was done to a panel and some wiring. Within a week the system was repaired. They recommended a 3rd party to install a " pest " barrier around the perimeter of the panels to prevent future damage. It's almost invisible. Keep up the good work Trinity and let that Solar shine.

K B
April 6th, 2017 Haverhill, MA

Great experience so far with Anthony B at Trinity Solar. Anthony took care of us from start to finish and we are seeing huge savings with our new solar panel install. Keep up the good work!

neal wilson
April 3rd, 2017

Was told if I needed my panels removed that it would be free if I use there roofing company ,if I use mine it would be a fee of $750 now I called trinity or sunnova and they say it's much more I called my salesperson 3 months ago he said yes I did say that and promised to send me a copy of this garentee and 3 months later nothing and he keeps saying send me more people but I can't if I do t trust them I can't recommend a freind !

Becky Howard
March 21st, 2017 Nottingham, MD

I feel we were given the bait and switch tactic. We signed, they installed, and then they sent us a new contract with their new finance company. They said it was the same thing. I was on vacation and tired of them bugging me about it so I was foolish and just signed the new agreement. It is NOT the same as the original. We got screwed.

Frankie Ruiz
March 20th, 2017 Plainfield, NJ

Trinity Installed my system in June of 2016. My sales advisor Joshua P inform me of the whole process and was clear and honest on the process. Installation took 1 full day they even added support beams in my attic for the roof.They left the premises spotless. My system went online October 3 month after installation but it was not Trinity issue it was Pseg who got delayed. My production was low in October and November and i called my sales advisor Trinity through there monitoring system notice the inverter was not working properly and replace the inverter in a matter of a week after informing them. in NJ is a no brainer to go solar do the math. My system would be paid of in 7 years. It was either pay my utility company for electricity or pay myself and ad some equity to my house. After the 7th year when the system is paid off you get 80 percent of your electricity free and the Srec value and start making a profit.Highly recommend Trinity Solar and Joshua. Great job Guys!

Christina Claire
February 21st, 2017

Trinity Solar installers were professional,informative, and helpful. The office called to ask if I'd like to move up my install date due to a cancellation which I appreciated. The installers arrived,introduced themselves and came ready to work. Very little noise. While they installed the racking system, the electricians worked in the attic and garage. Very easy process over 2 days. No mess. Very friendly and happy crew.

Roger Rogowski
February 1st, 2017 Asbury Park, NJ

Based on my experience, I highly recommend Trinity Solar. The main reason for my recommendation was the interaction I had with my Energy Consultant, Dan G. Each time Dan visited my house, he was knowledgeable, professional and extremely courteous. Not only did he share other installations in my area, he encouraged me to talk to the homeowners to get their opinions of him and Trinity Solar. Dan was highly recommended by my neighbors and his constant interaction with me throughout the process was greatly appreciated. Because of Dan, the installation was quick and my system is already running and generating power. We all know that many different solar companies want our business, but based on my interaction with Dan and the entire Trinity team, I highly recommend and thank them for making this processs easy. Even though my installation is complete, Dan still checks in with me to make sure everything is okay. I have already shared Dan's name with my friends and family who are interested in solar. If you are thinking of solar, you can't go wrong with Dan G and Trinity solar.

Donna Piro-Andon
February 1st, 2017 Boston, MA

Very unhappy with my experience with Trinity ,it took 1 year to install,Yes 1 year.Customer service terrible.Would not refer them at all.

alllison robitaile
January 25th, 2017 Huntington, NY

it took about 4/5 months before i was up and running. had to have them back or on phone for some reason or another. its been over a year and I'm still speaking with the company. apparently the rep. that came to my home had left a LOT of information out that is very pertinent to a buyer. i had enough issues that this rep. stated that he would make my $250.00 down deposit into 1,250.00, which never happened. A month later i was informed that he was no longer with the company... one year later i get a call from a collection company that I'm in collections for many thousands of dollars, but in the mean time i am paying my loan to a company that had gotten in touch with me through trinity solar (i believe). Apparently sunedison went bank rupt, but is still trying to collect money from me. we are in investigation now. as of this date my solar is not producing; I'm not quite sure if it was turned off a week ago while having maintenance and wasn't put back on. to sum up, i feel i have had nothing but head aches since I've purchased this solar and do hope it comes to a happy ending and not a lawsuit.

Chas
December 13th, 2016 Newark, NJ

Bought my system from them in 2006 my panels had a recall they never notified me told one of my other friends who bought from them that had to charge to see if they were the recall panels luckily Independant company contacted me came over found a panel burnt up and got my whole system replaced for free in my eyes if trinity not making money they want nothing to do with you

John P
November 13th, 2016 Cape May, NJ

Starting with the sales person, customer service and the crew that installed the panels were excellent. The workers left the property spotless.

Norman
November 9th, 2016

I have been working with Trinity for several weeks to make an acceptable deal for both of us. Things were just about to be signed when they increased the interest rate without mentioning it. Be very careful dealing with them as this was pretty sleazy.

James Bigaj
November 1st, 2016

I had my solar system installed in 2012. Now I had to replaced my roof from hail damage. Trinity removed and reinstalled my solar panels with no problems. Exelent job.

Steven Mercurio
October 31st, 2016 New Providence, NJ

Great people. Very helpful and keep you updated every step of the way. They make Solar a simple process and with electric rates going up and up now is the best time to get in.

Joe Blow
September 22nd, 2016 Morganville, NJ

Refused to refund my "refundable" deposit when I decided to go with a different company.

Eileen Gunning
September 22nd, 2016 Dover Plains, NY

I was told that my installation was covered under the NYS NYSERDA and would receive the significant tax refunds allowed. I have not received any of the paper work for claiming the tax refunds, and am now told by the third party financing company Dividend solar that those rebates would not apply. Trinity had to outsource my installation to Apex Solar.

Gloria
September 22nd, 2016 Willingboro, NJ

I'm truly disappointed in the service so far. We have 49 paNelson and only 33 are working, I have made numerous calls to Trinity but to no prevail I have not received any help. I plan to file a complaint with BBB. Ew

Neal wilson
September 22nd, 2016 West Chester, PA

Very poor service haven't heard a word from sales rep in 2 months at least installed very fast in May but he doesn't respond to any calls or texts just hope I never need a roof can't imagine how long it would take for them to come out and remove and store and if right now I just need some answers and they don't get in touch with me I really am concerned about that !

Jim Butler
September 14th, 2016 New Windsor, NY

Bought my system outright. System was installed in 1 day. Went live about 3 weeks later after inspection and meter change. System is working fine with no issues. Installers were polite ever though I chewed there eyes a bit. After 5 months I'm 1000KW on the plus side. So far I only pay &25 per month which is what it cost be connected to the grid. Salesman was great to work with. Even gave me his cell #. Just a few minor paper work issues that were taken care of quickly. Had no bering on the install. Waiting to see how well it does during the winter months.

Jack Mudge
September 7th, 2016 Trenton, NJ

Extreme lack of communication. Solar under a lease program is a gamble and it is not well spelled out. Normal bill before solar and what electric company tells us would be current bill 5 years in $300 per month. We pay $600. a month. Thanks for nothing. Of course if electric rates went up we might have seen some equal savings but since energy is cheap because of frocking and other drivers of energy cost we will only pay higher costs. Oh an the more we produce (a good thing)-the more we pay!!!!! If we sell the house its a night mere along with long term roof repairs. We lost our home owners insurance because we had to many panels. The only winner here is these two companies. The consumer is out to dry.. Due to a divorce the contract went missing. Neither Trinity or kilowatt energy have answered our request for a copy. Rather disappointing.

Chiara Bambara
August 26th, 2016 Columbia, CT

Signed contract in April, installed mid-June, told system would be turned on in July and saints in bill in August - it's the end of August and I am still waiting for the sales rep, Andy ***, to let me know what is going on. I called customer service today and was told that Trinity Solar lost the support of one of its financial partners and is looking for new partners. No ETA given. i was told that this was out of Trinity's control. When I replied that Trinity made the choice to partner up with this particular company and I was told that I chose to go for the financial incentives offered by Trinity - in other words, it is my problem and poor judgment. I could not believe my ears.,,the way this company handled (or did NOT) handle this problem is what worries me most.

Job Toll
August 24th, 2016 West Warwick, RI

We purchased our system and have had no problems. The salesman, Gordon, explained everything. Trinity customer service quickly handled a few issues with the paperwork with the utility, National Grid. The installers were very professional, arrived when scheduled, and did good work. The electricians had to put in extra effort due to some existing wiring issues and scheduling the electrical inspector. I really do not understand the low rated reviews, certainly not the Trinity operation in Rhode Island

Greg Miller
August 12th, 2016 Marlton, NJ

We had our solar system installed in July 2016 and the sales team, installers and customer support has been awesome. Hats off to Kristian & Brian! They were total solar PROs!!!

Tom
August 11th, 2016 Milford, MA

i have much to say. i had a great experience with Trinity. They delivered on all promises with a small hiccup with their former finance partner. i re-signed and moved forward with solar. i was informed the whole way through and most of all i was PATIENT with them because i know the construction business and what it takes to deal with finance partners and utility companies. Solar doesn”t happen over night, and i never once was without power because my panels weren”t installed on the projected date. Solar is saving me money now and it wasn”t 5 years ago, so what”s the problem with waiting an month longer than i thought. in life if you look for negative that”s what you will find. i found the positive side, helping the environment and Trinity providing me that ability. thanks Trinity,

Nan Chan
August 3rd, 2016 Jackson, NJ

I would totally recommend Trinity to anyone. Tony Roach, the sales agent is so kind and knowledgeable about the whole process. He is very upfront about the process being it takes a few months start to finish. At least in the jackson area it does. My panels went live in January 2016. I havent had an electric bill since March!!! Please ask for Tony!!!! He was amazing to work with and available all the time if you have questions.

NOT a HAPPY CUSTOMER
August 2nd, 2016 Essex, MD

Had the system installed back in April and still is not turned on as August 2, 2016. Not one bit of communication of what is going on. They hurry to get you signed up and sign papers, but not once has someone got in contact with me to get it set up. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Sam
July 25th, 2016 Beltsville, MD

Trinity Solar is the worst company to deal with - they are scammers and liars. System remains inactive even after 6 months of installation. School kids are used to trap clients. No one knows who works for them. Stay away from this company and do not let them enter your property. Seems like most of their reviews are fraudulent and added by school kids also.

Sandra abo
July 19th, 2016 East Hartford, CT

It had been 3 months and we are still waiting for the solar to be turned on. Missed the months of sunshine!

Bob King
July 12th, 2016 Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Trinity Solar From inception, planning and installation, our experience with Trinity Solar has been outstanding. Brian *******, our project rep, easily guided us through this process. Brian makes a great first impression. He's punctual and professional. He gets things done and takes pride in his work. He exudes confidence and knows the product and processes to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction. Brian is backed by a support team of dedicated professionals. I'm glad i made the move to solar - Trinity Solar

Sher
July 12th, 2016 Severn, MD

I do not know who rated this company's service so poorly or why, but I have had the complete opposite experience. I found the service team and especially the service manager, completely responsive to all of my service start up issues, regardless if it was a knowledge deficit on my part about the equipment or customer Web site. After a severe storm they came out the next date to make sure flying debris had not damaged the solar panels. Equipment failure with set up was dealt with promply and monitored to make sure the issue did not reoccur. Personnel were courteous, friendly, and went out of their way to make sure our schedules for multiple medical appointments were not jepardized by necessary service visits when checking or testing equipment for a pesky, intermittent issue.

Gerard Brennan
July 11th, 2016 Somerdale, NJ

I've had my Trinity system for almost two years, I am very happy with all aspects of the installation and customer service in my area . We purchased our system and have seen the savings that we were promised and had no issues with the system or the process other then some issues with our electric company cooperating. I would recommend Trinity to anyone in the New Jersey area

RORY MEEHAN
July 7th, 2016 Mount Laurel, NJ

I was shocked by some of the reviews for Trinity. My state is NJ and I honestly had absolutely no issues at all. I've had the panels "live" now since April 2014. Each year I end up paying nothing for my electric as I 1) own the SRECs and 2) pre-purchased my electrical output for 20 years. The amount of money I spent was equal to about 8 years of normal use. The payback time-frame is shortened by my selling the SRECs online once a month. I normally sell 11 each year. In addition I "pretend" I have an electric bill of $180 a month and have been paying myself back. I'll be done in about another 24 months. There are numerous deals out there and the customer (buyers) need to do their homework. I went through 5 companies all who are listed on these pages. Good luck.

Unhappy customer
July 6th, 2016 Essex, MD

At this time I would not recommend Trinity Solar, they installed the panels crooked, they didn't explain what they were all doing, didn't ask if ok to put electric box on a particular wall. Had the panels installed in early April, it is now July and they are still not turned on. No contact to explain why, I had to call myself to find out that they are having billing issues. Then they want me to recommend someone, I couldn't do that to any of my friends.

JOHN Rosiak
June 24th, 2016 Atco, NJ

I contracted with Trinity, financed (PPA) thru SUNNOVA. Install was clean, customer service was excellent, salesman very knowledgeable, Product was installed on agreed upon date, all paperwork was handled by Trinity & SUNNOVA (including local permits), and the system went live within the 72 day application/approval process dictated by the Utility. System is operating just fine, no complaints.

Karyn Jordan Norris
June 21st, 2016 Ashland, MA

These people are scammers. They act out the CLASSIC bait and switch. No was quoted 14.5 cents per kilowat. No installation costs, no monthly leasing fee and rate was good for 20 years. The first installation date was canceled because Trinity didn't pull permits. The next installation date was canceled because they hadn't completed financing paperwork (which is a lie - because Inhad to get approved to lease the panels before a contract was drawn up). I told them cancel everything. Suddenly I get a call apologizing for the screw up - but they have WONDERFUL news. The NEW contact I would sign would get me $500 back and a rate of 13 cents per KW - and a lower monthly lease fee. I told him my contract HAD no lease fee. He assured me it did. I sent him my contract and said "point out where I agreed to a $126 monthly lease fee. He wrote back and admitted I hadn't - but promised me if Inwould just sign he NEW contract with the $123 monthly fee I would absolutely save money. My last electric bill was $123 - so a $123 lease fee plus 13 cents per KW would almost DOUBLE my bill. They continued to pressure me - but I canceled everything. Then I read online reviews (should have done this first). A LOT of reviews where the refuses to honor original contract.

Edmund Johnson
June 17th, 2016 Sewell, NJ

Thomas came to my door a couple months ago talking about solar. I was very skeptical at first until he explained to me Trinity gets the federal and state credits. I just get a reduced electric bill. I'm on a fixed income so every bit helps.

David Troust
June 17th, 2016 Silver Spring, MD

I had a great first site visit with the relatively young rep, and was very motivated to move forward, both from the environmental benefits and the long term cost savings. The rep that visited seemed very knowledgeable, and the rate reduction looked great. Instead of receiving a proposal or report, Trinity skipped a few steps and just sent us a service agreement, which listed very different rates and regular annual rate increases. I texted the rep and he said that he had been sick and then forced to attend Trinity trainings, which is why he didn't review the agreement before it was sent to me. Since he was taking no ownership for the customer service failure, and misleading agreement, I called the MD office and spoke to a random staffer and explained the situation. She assured me that a supervisor would be calling me that day to apologize and amend the agreement to match the quoted rates. I received no call from anyone, after sending two more emails and calling 3 more times. I really wanted to make it work with Trinity, but their absolute failure to even call me about the issue tells me that they fully intended to slip the misleading rate info into the agreement and defraud us. I've since texted the rep a few times to tell them that scathing reviews were in the planning, but I've never received any response. I'm now in discussion with SolarCity and will see how it goes, but I'm reading all the fine print. These guys are scammers, or at least have hideous customer service. Do not trust them!!

Vinay R
June 13th, 2016 Brick, NJ

I think Trinity is a fairly good company. I had my system installed recently. A lot of people complain about solar companies and how long it takes to get to the point where your systems get turned on; it is not always solar company's fault for the amount of time it takes, there are so many step to get solar and so many parties involved. In New Jersey, you start with signing the contract, completing a permit with township, NJ clean energy approval, township inspection, utility approval, change of meter, SREC approval and account set up. One needs to be patient to get Solar system, 3 to 4 months should be expected with any solar company to complete project.

Frank cioci
June 13th, 2016 Absecon, NJ

Excellent service and communication skills. Installation was done two days.

Chris
June 13th, 2016 Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Got installed yesterday with in 40 days of a sales rep coming to my home. He was nothing but informative and on top of everything, I'm happy about my decision. I found that other companies were going to give me half of my power for same price as trinity. Happy with my decision.

Sarah
June 8th, 2016

If you'd like to wait over three hours to get the tech out to your house be my guest. No phone call no nothing. How can you run a business with no customer service?

DV
May 6th, 2016 Clifton, NJ

Horrible company. I had another company here yesterday for a consultation and it was so informative and through. Trinity was supposed to send a rep at 4pm and I received a call 30 minutes before asking for information about my home and roof and trying to find my roof on the satellite and all these questions. I asked if he was coming or not and he said he wanted to figure out eligibility first. After 5 mins I ended the call and hung up because all he did was ask questions and waste my time. At in home consultation is supposed to be IN HOME. I made an effort to get home for this appointment and am downright pissed now.