Trinity Solar

5.8

Maria O Egg Harbor Township, NJ

BUYER BEWARE! From our first meeting with rep, something didn't seem right. We're experienced solar customers (from our prior home) and the sales rep was aware of this. He showed up at our home with NO INFORMATION. Only an iPad that had two photos (one of their system) and one of another company's system on a home. NO presentation, NO facts about the equipment -- NOTHING. Just wearing a pair of shorts and a golf shirt as if he just left the golf course. The rep knew I was an Eagles fan and proceeded to LIE and told us they were the the company that did the solar work on Lincoln Financial Field (home of the Eagles)! Little did he realized I would challenge this, did some fact-finding of our own and were actually contacted by the company who DID the solar at the Linc -- and it wasn't Trinity!!! He also told us the solar panels were made in the USA -- which I highly doubted -- but went along with him. We scheduled a 2nd appointment and asked hime to come more prepared. The 2nd visit, he brought some VP -- who again -- had NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT OR THE CONTRACTS / SMALL PRINT. When I asked for details on the solar panels, inverter equipment -- this VP asked me if I knew the kind of wood that my electric light poles were made out of. I couldn't understand why he was asking me this. Well, it was HIS analogy how my not knowing this information didn't prevent me from getting power to my home. So basically -- I apparently DIDN'T need to know information about a $75,000 (oversized & overpriced) system they were pitching us. After much hounding about it, they did email me information on the panels (which WEREN'T made in the USA) and inverter (which had a much shorter manuf warranty than 25 years). But finding out that they LIED about doing the solar project on Lincoln Financial Field was the final straw. LIES AND NO TRANSPARENCY about their equipment and the small print. NO THANK YOU!

Chris Smith Chicago, IL

Trinity is the ultimate bait and switch company... everything about them is a half truth. They even use a program named Podium that they send clients to conduct a review... the catch is that it only publishes positive reviews... I kid you not. I worked for them and did quite well for a while but the turnaround was ridiculous... every person that left was cheated out of commissions. If you look into the reviews you will see things like "lack of transparency" and that is an understatement. Trinity is all smoke and mirrors. Refusing to send out contracts is part of their MO because they tell you that if someone gets a lawyer to look at the contract the odds are they are not going to go solar. Trinity has turned into a total bottom feeder with kids canvassing neighborhoods and knocking on doors. Don't plan on them being around when your system needs service.... read your contract. There are much better solar companies out there.

NinaC Newton Highlands, MA

I signed up with Trinity Solar to install my solar panels in summer 2015 and finally the panels were installed but not inspected till March -April 2016, although my contract promise a completion date of Oct 15, 2015. The saleman who sold me the system left the company and I finally found out many promises he made were not delivered. For example, after the system finally be inspected and is producing electricity, the company did not set up an automatic monitoring service for our system which is different from the term of the contract. In fact, many homeowner will not look into the language carefully and knowing if their system will be monitored by the company which is standard service every solar installer offers with the installation. Initially Trinity try to use excuses to exclude my system from this automatic monitoring service after many weeks fighting plus withhold the final payment for the installation, they finally agreed to include the system as part of the service. I was then told this in fact is a standard practice for all cash payers. They apologized for the mixup. A year later, March 2017, I was told by my SREC company that Trinity did not connect the remote monitoring system directly to the production meter. As a result, the SREC company could not get the solar protection number from the SolarEdge automatic reporting system. Instead, me, the homeowner will need to report the production each month manually, took a picture of the meter production then email to the SREC company which is not what I signed up for and I believe no consumer is expecting they will have to report it manually each month. What I signed up for is an automatic monitoring system and automatically report the problem or the production number without human intervention. I contacted one of the manager at Trinity in March and was assume the problem resolved. as I never heard back after received a letter informing me that he "will jump right on it". Today I was contacted by Trinity Monitoring department and told me my solar system communication was down and I checked on my phone APP and found my system has been down 2-3 weeks ago. Trinity solar just found the problem. The monitoring service they provide supposed to be on daily basis. Trinity did not discover the problem till 3 weeks later which is not acceptable per the industry standard. I then ask about my production reporting system issue I contacted they 4 month ago, and I was told in order to change the connection from the monitoring system from the inverter to from the production meter, there is a $1200 additional charge which is absurd. When Trinity Solar set up the production meter, they should have installed the remote monitoring system directly to the meter. But due to this company is NJ based and unfamiliar with Massachusetts state solar production requirement & regulation, they failed to follow the MA state regulation and installed the monitoring system connected with the inverter. Now Trinity want me to pick up their cost of modification to system to meet Massachuseet requirement. Trinity''s deceiving practice must be stop.

Longman Plainsboro, NJ

I have NEVER been as disappointed with ANY COMPANY as Trinity. I'm of Faith, and they even used "Trinity" as a selling marketing ploy. shame, shame. Panels took forever to get installed. I started mine 5 months before my neighbor SunRun had them up & running in no time. I was going to let 'all' my friends and co workers know' the benefits. However; I was "Undersized", so I was told by them I'd need to install another 'whole unit, and Yes under Contract!...Ridiculous!. I'm paying ~$65.00/month rental, 25year contract...and stuck in it until 10 years, minimum, then I can BUY OUT!!...Ridiculous!...I wanted to pay off, but cant even do that. Biggest HUSTLE I've ever been scammed into, but We live & learn, I should have looked at ALL OPTIONS of other companies, No 2 are the same....it's just that this is clearly the Worst!

Craig Hinckley Brookfield, CT

I'll save you a lot of headache by just saying find another company. Trinity Solar may have been a good company a couple of years ago but from what I've learned they are in major financial trouble. They pulled the old bait and switch and when their "financial partner" went out of business last year (OneRoof Energy) they continued to install systems that One Roof had financed.... after the system was installed then Trinity contacted the clients and attempted to switch them over to another financial partner with much less favorable terms. Most people just signed without understanding the differences but it will haunt them down the road... I'm a former employee and client. My system was installed by Trinity and financed by OneRoof Energy but was completed before the "financial meltdown "... it works fine. Trinity works hard to get positive reviews and there are some happy customers. There are an alarming number of extremely angry clients and former employees.

Maria Chesney Toms River, NJ

Thank you everyone who has given your honest opinion and shared your experiences. My husband and I had a gentleman come by our house on Saturday afternoon at 2pm for our initial appointment. He was on time and very friendly, but when it came down to talking numbers and initiating service he became EXTREMELY high pressure. He had two laptops going, was talking 90 miles an hours and flippng documents back and forth between us and pressuring us to sign up. I told him we were just looking into it today and we would review the documents and set up a follow up appointment. Well, he started saying how very difficult it would be for him to get back out to us and if we would just sign up to get things started because it would take him 30 days to get the financing paperwork through and pull the permits. I told him, AGAIN, that we were only looking into it at this time. I wanted to look over all of the documents that he emailed me. He didn't even have actual papers with him to read, just emails of documents!! He kept saying if you just sign this and get things started, it's no problem if you change your mind because you have 30 days to cancel. All lies!! Contract law in New Jersey has a 3-business days rescission provision and I happen to know that it applies to ALL contracts. He insisted, no you have 30 days to cancel. I also told him he was way too high pressure for me. We're NOT signing anything today. You can come back another day after we look things over. Again, he pressured that it would be very difficult for him to come back out to us. That's when I really lost it! I told him if he really wanted the sale, he would find a way to get back to us.......especially since he started his appointment with us by letting us know he only lives 20 minutes away from our house!!! Everyone please heed these warnings on this website. Guess what? I was right - all the paperwork says "3-business days" rescission period all in Capital Letters! He called me again this morning and I told him that's what the paperwork says and he said, 'No, it's 30 days.' I said, 'You don't even know what your paperwork says.' He said, "Yes I do." So I said, "Well, then if you do I guess you were purposely trying to deceive us!' He hung up on me. BEWARE! I am now looking into NJ Home Services - they are right here in NJ and their parent company is NJNG - so you don't have to worry about them skipping out. By the way - Trinity used to do business in Utah. They no longer have an office there. I wonder what all of those customers in Utah are doing for service now.......

Tricia R. Oakdale, CT

Our original salesperson was great. But after the roof survey the company called and said our roof needed support but they'd do it at installation with no charge, no problem. Then we needed trees cut down, since there was too much shade. We did, but didn't hear back after many e-mails. Our salesman had left but no-one took his account! I called and called but got no response until I left a message to return my deposit. Then I was called by someone who didn't know what he was talking about. I still cancelled but had to sign an agreement not to go with anyone else! I still had another company give a roof survey and THEY said, unfortunately, our roof here in NE wouldn't be strong enough, with snow and panels, and since we have cathedral ceilings, we have very little attic space to reinforce. We'd need to remove the roof to do so! So we had to cancel our plans and now we have no more trees since we cut them down for Trinity!!! If we'd gone ahead with them, we might have had a cave in after a typical New England snowstorm!!!!

alllison robitaile Huntington, NY

it took about 4/5 months before i was up and running. had to have them back or on phone for some reason or another. its been over a year and I'm still speaking with the company. apparently the rep. that came to my home had left a LOT of information out that is very pertinent to a buyer. i had enough issues that this rep. stated that he would make my $250.00 down deposit into 1,250.00, which never happened. A month later i was informed that he was no longer with the company... one year later i get a call from a collection company that I'm in collections for many thousands of dollars, but in the mean time i am paying my loan to a company that had gotten in touch with me through trinity solar (i believe). Apparently sunedison went bank rupt, but is still trying to collect money from me. we are in investigation now. as of this date my solar is not producing; I'm not quite sure if it was turned off a week ago while having maintenance and wasn't put back on. to sum up, i feel i have had nothing but head aches since I've purchased this solar and do hope it comes to a happy ending and not a lawsuit.

James Bigaj

I had my solar system installed in 2012. Now I had to replaced my roof from hail damage. Trinity removed and reinstalled my solar panels with no problems. Exelent job.

Jack Mudge Trenton, NJ

Extreme lack of communication. Solar under a lease program is a gamble and it is not well spelled out. Normal bill before solar and what electric company tells us would be current bill 5 years in $300 per month. We pay $600. a month. Thanks for nothing. Of course if electric rates went up we might have seen some equal savings but since energy is cheap because of frocking and other drivers of energy cost we will only pay higher costs. Oh an the more we produce (a good thing)-the more we pay!!!!! If we sell the house its a night mere along with long term roof repairs. We lost our home owners insurance because we had to many panels. The only winner here is these two companies. The consumer is out to dry.. Due to a divorce the contract went missing. Neither Trinity or kilowatt energy have answered our request for a copy. Rather disappointing.

Chiara Bambara Columbia, CT

Signed contract in April, installed mid-June, told system would be turned on in July and saints in bill in August - it's the end of August and I am still waiting for the sales rep, Andy ***, to let me know what is going on. I called customer service today and was told that Trinity Solar lost the support of one of its financial partners and is looking for new partners. No ETA given. i was told that this was out of Trinity's control. When I replied that Trinity made the choice to partner up with this particular company and I was told that I chose to go for the financial incentives offered by Trinity - in other words, it is my problem and poor judgment. I could not believe my ears.,,the way this company handled (or did NOT) handle this problem is what worries me most.

Neal wilson West Chester, PA

Very poor service haven't heard a word from sales rep in 2 months at least installed very fast in May but he doesn't respond to any calls or texts just hope I never need a roof can't imagine how long it would take for them to come out and remove and store and if right now I just need some answers and they don't get in touch with me I really am concerned about that !

Karyn Norris Ashland, MA

These people are scammers. They act out the CLASSIC bait and switch. No was quoted 14.5 cents per kilowat. No installation costs, no monthly leasing fee and rate was good for 20 years. The first installation date was canceled because Trinity didn't pull permits. The next installation date was canceled because they hadn't completed financing paperwork (which is a lie - because Inhad to get approved to lease the panels before a contract was drawn up). I told them cancel everything. Suddenly I get a call apologizing for the screw up - but they have WONDERFUL news. The NEW contact I would sign would get me $500 back and a rate of 13 cents per KW - and a lower monthly lease fee. I told him my contract HAD no lease fee. He assured me it did. I sent him my contract and said "point out where I agreed to a $126 monthly lease fee. He wrote back and admitted I hadn't - but promised me if Inwould just sign he NEW contract with the $123 monthly fee I would absolutely save money. My last electric bill was $123 - so a $123 lease fee plus 13 cents per KW would almost DOUBLE my bill. They continued to pressure me - but I canceled everything. Then I read online reviews (should have done this first). A LOT of reviews where the refuses to honor original contract.

David Troust Silver Spring, MD

I had a great first site visit with the relatively young rep, and was very motivated to move forward, both from the environmental benefits and the long term cost savings. The rep that visited seemed very knowledgeable, and the rate reduction looked great. Instead of receiving a proposal or report, Trinity skipped a few steps and just sent us a service agreement, which listed very different rates and regular annual rate increases. I texted the rep and he said that he had been sick and then forced to attend Trinity trainings, which is why he didn't review the agreement before it was sent to me. Since he was taking no ownership for the customer service failure, and misleading agreement, I called the MD office and spoke to a random staffer and explained the situation. She assured me that a supervisor would be calling me that day to apologize and amend the agreement to match the quoted rates. I received no call from anyone, after sending two more emails and calling 3 more times. I really wanted to make it work with Trinity, but their absolute failure to even call me about the issue tells me that they fully intended to slip the misleading rate info into the agreement and defraud us. I've since texted the rep a few times to tell them that scathing reviews were in the planning, but I've never received any response. I'm now in discussion with SolarCity and will see how it goes, but I'm reading all the fine print. These guys are scammers, or at least have hideous customer service. Do not trust them!!

DV Clifton, NJ

Horrible company. I had another company here yesterday for a consultation and it was so informative and through. Trinity was supposed to send a rep at 4pm and I received a call 30 minutes before asking for information about my home and roof and trying to find my roof on the satellite and all these questions. I asked if he was coming or not and he said he wanted to figure out eligibility first. After 5 mins I ended the call and hung up because all he did was ask questions and waste my time. At in home consultation is supposed to be IN HOME. I made an effort to get home for this appointment and am downright pissed now.

Charles Loveland Woodbury, NJ

Trinity just gives you a runaround 4 months gone by still not working they don't get back to you i emailed management never got back to me the house next to me they were installed 3 weeks after me they changed the meter i called electric co they don't have paperwork to change the meter called the office in wall nj they said they were going to send paper to sign in 2 minutes did not get anything not even a phone call they told 3 weeks ago that the meter would be charged between 5 to 10 days that never happened i don't renamed this co. Thay can take them off my roof and put my house back the way it was i will be contacting some one to make a complaint this is bull shit do not trust them they get their money when job is done consumer get the shafted you just get the runabout.

Bill Bill Fall River, MA

You might notice a lot of one star reviews. There is a reason the company is disorganized.They have the worst customer service ever!The problem with Trinity is the customer service (disservice) people. My System was installed in late July but was not running til late October because of Trinty Mess up after mess up. They failed to return calls, damaged my property, reported the wrong meter to the electric company. They promised to do something because of the wrong things they did and failed to fulfill there promise. I filled a complaint with the BBB after all these delays and lost paperwork all of sudden showed up. Do yourself a favor and choose a different company, that is better with service, installs and responds to its customers needs.

victor Newark, NJ

hi solar friends as you know this has been going on since April and its almost mid September they are a really bunch of liars from sales to customer service they pass the buck to everyone else they no longer take my phone calls. I have to use other people to call them. Where I get the same answer, we waiting for the proper documents to send to my local utility company. for final inspection. Which is not happening, because their black balling me. Because of my nice reviews. Please do yourself a favor and don't get involved with this company. Because you will be sorry like me. Please refer to trinity solar face book page & look at comments under Victor. I'm not able to post ant reviews about this nightmare. Trinity solar is the bottom of the barrel.

CheryleGuerin Beverly, MA

Spencer, a salesperson for this company has little regard for people's time and assumes a lack of intelligence for homeowners as well. Though we were very busy when he pulled into our driveway we invited him into our home to "just take a look" at our electric bill and get a picture of our electric panel after which he promised to make an appointment for another date to actually discuss the possibility of solar. Once inside he crammed his entire sales pitch down our throats for over an hour before taking the pics. He kept insisting we would be saving as much as 85% off our electric bill. The pamphlet he offered indicated that we would be paying 12 cents per KWH to Trinity. He also claimed we were currently paying 24 cents to National Grid. He also indicated this would be on "up to" 85% of our bill. I kept trying to point out that his numbers didn't seem to add up but he insisted he'd explain it better at the next meeting so I'd understand. First, Natl Grids rates are tiered ,we do not pay 24 cents for every KWH. Even if we were paying this much for all our electric, that would only amount to a 50% savings on "up to" 85% of the bill. He said we were also paying much more than any of our non solar neighbors , as much as a Chinese Restaurant." Not correct. I emailed Spence that evening after talking with neighbors and again after talking with others in my neighborhood including those who'd recently had solar installed by Boston Solar who Spence claimed were subbed out by Trinity. That was only correct in one of three cases. He never responded to my emails. Tonight 15 minutes after he was scheduled to arrive I called his cell. He did not apologize for being late and informed me he was having a busy day bit was on his way. Fifteen to twenty minutes he said. As I was ending the call he spoke an address. I infoprmed him that was not my address after much checking he insisted our appoint was for a different day. He was standing next to me when I wrote the appointment on my calendar after much discussion, because my days are also busy. The date he claimed was not one I was even available. Then he offered to "come by later" like 9PM? When I said that wouldn't work his response was "Guess we're not the company for you". Guess so. I prefer honest well informed folks who keep their commitments.

John McKinley Hawthorne, NJ

Been waiting for several months for installation to be finished Started fine then abandoned the job Town building dept has rarely heard for them I haven't either Phone calls not returned Messages unanswered. Now all of a sudden they say they are ready to talk! No call/No show should be their motto

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for this feedback John. I'm glad your system is up and running now and you're experiencing the many benefits of clean energy. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything. [email protected]

Jan. 14th, 2021

Mercedes Rockville Centre, NY

I am so happy with this service of the solar system and my representative, Daygan S, is very very nice. He helped me a lot.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you Mercedes, we're glad you had a great experience with Trinity Solar.

Mar. 18th, 2020

Frank Rizzo New York, NY

We appreciate the time Joe F took to explain and go over every detail. He was available anytime for any questions that I needed answers for .

Thank you Frank.

Feb. 21st, 2020

Bob Vincent Pawtucket, RI

Two reps cold called and I let them set an appointment to review options. We decided not to bother, so I replied to the email they sent, and my reply came back undeliverable. I tried calling the number in the email and got a message about an 877 number website, which had nothing to do with this company. Great job in presenting a fraudulent front which we'll have nothing to do with!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Mr. Vincent. I'm sorry you had that experience. Would you mind giving me that email address and phone number so I can see what's going on? We've been in business for 25 years so I assure you there is no fraud presented.

Jan. 30th, 2020

Morales Wallington, NJ

Worst mistake ever. The Representative lie about everything. We were told that if we had any issues they would make repairs to the roof. I have had three leaks in less than one year. They refuse to take any responsibility for the leaks. Their repair department representative / supervisor are unprofessional and disrespectful. They hung up the phone various times. Difficult to reach any manager or real supervisor. If I could give them less of a rating I would have

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for reaching out Ms. Morales. I’m glad that we were able to accommodate your requests and resolve your issue. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for anything you need moving forward.

Nov. 12th, 2019

John Lewis East Hampton, NY

Great work done with installation. Am satisfied with the service. Thank Daygan S for his part in getting this done in a timely way.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Mr. Lewis! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with the installation as well as Daygan! We agree that he is amazing and we are so proud to have him as a part of the Trinity Solar family. Please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Sep. 4th, 2019

Notacustomer Fort Lee, NJ

After telling sales rep we probably weren't sited or configured optimumly for solar he made an appointment with his sales trainer which lasted about 2 hours. A follow up meeting was scheduled - never showed up or called to let us know the site people had rejected our home. If communication is this poor at onset it doesn't bode well for future service. Sales ranked over customer satisfaction. We have re contacted a number of people to whom we recommended Trinity

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 6138 and ask to speak with our Client Resources Department. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

May. 30th, 2019

Lisa Valentino Monroeville, NJ

Was promised a cash sign on bonus. NEVER rec'd even after over a year and have been ignored when asked about it. Panels were installed and had to wait about 5 months for them to be turned on. Poor customer service and very slow. Actual install was great. Men left zero trash and were professional. Only good part. After office screwed up inspections 3 times. No apologies.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Lisa, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and be reaching out within the next 48 business hours. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right. Thank you for letting us know there was a problem.

Apr. 23rd, 2019

David D Westport, CT

Horrible ! Set aside time in our busy schedule to meet salesman at our home, with the understanding that the we might have to consider cutting down trees. Trinity informed us only after I called when salesman didn't show, that appt. had been cancelled. Wouldn't it have been basically 'professional' of them to give us a call ? Wouldn't touch this company with the proverbial '10 foot pole'.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi David, We’re so sorry that your salesperson did not honor the appointment, that is unacceptable. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 and ask to speak with Client resources. Your feedback will help us correct the issue with the salesperson and prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to speaking with you and thank you for making us aware of the problem.

Apr. 16th, 2019

Jim Oxford, CT

I had very high hopes for solar in CT. Sales rep was great and I finally installed. Been almost 2 years now. Installers were very professional and did a great job, nice and neat. BUT - I am now paying for the lease of the panels of over $300 a month and also over $350 to Eversource. I just can't afford this anymore and have to find a way out.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Jim, that doesn't sound right. I'm going to reach out to you via private message for more information and see if we are able to provide some assistance. Solar should be offsetting your overall electric usage even if it does not cover it 100%. Let's find out what's happening. Thank you.

Feb. 5th, 2019

Sam Gallucci Matawan, NJ

Trinity Solar is a rip off. They promise the world. My electric bills are much higher with Trinity. They are almost double. I am in the process of having the panels removed. You can't trust them. They lie about the end result. I have sent some 20 e mails to correct the situation and it has not been corrected. Do not use trinity solar you will make a big mistake. Sam Gallucci

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Sam, I'm sorry you feel disappointed in your experience. Currently, our Senior Management staff is reviewing your account and is actively working toward a resolution.

Jan. 3rd, 2019

S Branford, CT

I don't appreciate companies who send out sales people to cold call at peoples homes. I had a guy bang on my door the other day & flash his Trinity badge like he was from a "real" utility company. I asked him what he was selling & he lied & said he wasn't selling anything, "just trying to save me money on my utility costs". I feel companies that have to cold call obviously aren't doing well & are desperate for business. If I was interested in a product I can go to the internet. I don't need someone banging on my door & bothering me....

Reply from Trinity Solar

S, I respect your opinion and apologize if you were offended by the visit. Canvassing is a standard business practice in many industries. It is part of Trinity's mission to bring solar education and opportunity to as many people as possible. Trinity Solar was identified for the 3rd year in a row as one of the 50 fastest growing businesses in NJ and is recognized by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.

Nov. 27th, 2018

Shirley Godin Rehoboth, MA

On October 25th, we wrote in to say our panels were still problematic. Someone had come out and said everything was ok yet all but 2 of our panels are currently down. The service man told us to call if we had any issues. We called. No response. I am getting ready to go to the BBB with this. Trinity cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. We have had problems with this system since it was installed. We need Trinity to step up and do the right thing!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Shirley, after our brief private messaging, I have brought your situation to the attention of a specialist who will evaluate the intermittent troubles you have had with your system's performance. Following your service visit which is already scheduled, an evaluation will be conducted to see how we can make the lost production time right for you. Thank you for letting us know you've had a problem and giving us the opportunity to right it.

Oct. 25th, 2018

Robert W Stoddard Torrington, CT

Signed the contract in March of 2018 and was told that engineering and EverSource time would take until June before installation could begin. In June we were delayed until July. Actual install was not until September 2018 and connection to the grid is still pending. after install of the panels I am now being told a new service is required and they want to abandon my current underground feed from the grid and run overhead a new service. despite my objections they said I don't have a choice.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Rob, I'm sorry for the delays you're experiencing. I took a look at your account and I see that you spoke with someone yesterday and there is active work being done to try and get things moving. The specialist you spoke with yesterday will maintain communication with you to keep you informed and help facilitate a resolution for you.

Oct. 25th, 2018

Oscar Goldsboro, PA

Young man came to my door. So happened my wife and i spoke of solar power just a day ago. Thought the timing was perfect. So, set up my appt for Saturday at 430, to get a deal done for solar. No one showed up or called to schedule another day or time. Not a good impression. Still looking for a company, but am definitely not including Trinity Solar in my research.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Oscar, I'm so sorry that happened. There must have been a communication problem between the field and the office regarding your appointment. That is certainly not standard practice and if you haven't found another company to meet your needs yet, or would like to comparison shop, please contact us at 877-SUN-SAVES. I promise we will get it right next time!

Sep. 13th, 2018

Brett Drago Shelton, CT

Jason G. was wonderful from start to finish. Very attentive to all of my concerns. I would highly recommend Jason and Trinity.

Ressinia East Haven, CT

Alex is very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Everyone I've dealt with at Trinity have been very pleasant and professional.

Lucille Barone North Haven, CT

I am very happy with Trinity, they do beautiful work my last UI bill was $10.04 compared to last year which was over $200.00

Ellenor Orange, CT

From start to finish it was a great experience Jason G. is one of the most patient knowledgeable sales man I’ve ever met my life. Thanks Trinity!!!!

Brosset s Stratford, CT

Jason G. was my sale representative he did the best he can to explain everything to me, so far so good with the system.

Charlotte Peters Trenton, NJ

Our sales man was a wonderful young man who answered all our question and helped us with every step. My problem is with the waiting process it took six months to have it turned on

Justine Herring Feeding Hills, MA

Phillip G made the decision to switch to solar really easy and smooth.. I have recommended him and the company to family and friends.

GTN North Eastham, MA

Trinity salesman showed up at my residence one night, cold-calling. Initial sales pitch sounded good...he came back with a panel plan after I shared some info on the roof structure and details regarding electrical panel...when he returned for final pitch, the details were severely lacking, expected me to sign the agreement which I'm sure glad I didn't after reading the reviews on this site. Beware...

David Cavicchi Milford, MA

Biggest thing for me was honesty and transparency. My sales rep. William was very forthcoming and put at ease all my concerns.

Luke O.

Identical to the experiences of some of the reviewers here, one of their representative showed up at our door claiming that he wants to talk about NYSERDA's programs and he is not selling anything. My unsuspecting wife agreed to make an appointment with them. When I heard about this, I did my homework and apparently this is one of the Company's deceptive practices. Appointment cancelled; would never work with such a deceptive enterprise.

joseph Paulsboro, NJ

trinity solar did a very good job. they did about 3to4 hundred houses in Paulsboro and Gibbstown with not one bad report

Chris Allen

Recently had a salesman visit my door misrepresenting himself . He stated " I'm here to talk about the state alternative energy mandate , I'm not selling anything " . When I pressed who he represented he told me he was from Trinity Solar . I consider this deceptive and dishonest and will never do business with a company that resorts to these methods .

neal wilson

Was told if I needed my panels removed that it would be free if I use there roofing company ,if I use mine it would be a fee of $750 now I called trinity or sunnova and they say it's much more I called my salesperson 3 months ago he said yes I did say that and promised to send me a copy of this garentee and 3 months later nothing and he keeps saying send me more people but I can't if I do t trust them I can't recommend a freind !

Chas Newark, NJ

Bought my system from them in 2006 my panels had a recall they never notified me told one of my other friends who bought from them that had to charge to see if they were the recall panels luckily Independant company contacted me came over found a panel burnt up and got my whole system replaced for free in my eyes if trinity not making money they want nothing to do with you

John P Cape May, NJ

Starting with the sales person, customer service and the crew that installed the panels were excellent. The workers left the property spotless.

Eileen Gunning Dover Plains, NY

I was told that my installation was covered under the NYS NYSERDA and would receive the significant tax refunds allowed. I have not received any of the paper work for claiming the tax refunds, and am now told by the third party financing company Dividend solar that those rebates would not apply. Trinity had to outsource my installation to Apex Solar.