Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Danny

May 10th, 2018 Williamstown, NJ

This company has been great with me from the initial sale, to the awesome installer guys, my concierge's, to the enabling of my system. I've had 2 of my own personal concierge people from day one, and they have called me and kept me in the loop as well as sending emails every step of the way. If this system works as well as the staff that has taken care of me, this company should be commended on its business model. Absolutely flawless on all counts.

Hope Kelly

May 9th, 2018 Norwalk, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our Sales Representative Nelly V explained our options and helped us decide which program is best for us. She helped us with our solar project from start to finish until we turned on our power a few days ago. My husband and I are retired and going Solar makes sense to us. knowing what our electric bill will be each month is something we are very happy with.

Lisa Perez Del Valle

May 8th, 2018 Fair Lawn, NJ

They tell you you can cancel before they issue permits . Then they get the permits so fast that you can’t cancel or you have to pay the permit fee. I was unsure about the leasing of the solar. A week later I requested info on buying instead of leasing as I still was unsure and wanted to be more informed. A few days after I requested the information I asked for an explanation of the buying/loan process. Since I was still deciding I didn’t think they went ahead and issued permits. Then I get a call that installation is ready to be scheduled. I sent an email explaining I didn’t decide yet to please hold off on any permits & will get back to you after the weekend. They never said at that point it’s too late it’s already issued so I wasn’t concerned. I emailed them on a Wednesday after that weekend to say please cancel. Now they say it’s too late permits already processed you will have to pay that fee. This company rushes to get the permit so your hands are tied. They knew I was going over it with no final decision made. This is a terrible way to do business.

Betty

May 4th, 2018 Cheshire, CT

SHADY. SHADY. SHADY. A persistent and non-relenting sales man (dressed like a woman , nonetheless) kept on knocking on all the doors of our neighborhood. He made threatening remarks about a "new CT law requiring solar energy to be place by x year at x percent." He told me that he wasn't trying to sell anything. And then pitched Trinity Solar. He won't stop knocking on my door until I finally told him to never knock again. I already answered the door three times. He even inquired about my neighbors. He and this company are the harassing incarnation of spam in your inbox and telemarketers on your phone lines.

Emrah Altunkaya

April 23rd, 2018 West Orange, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A guy named Leigjton showed up at my door. He was very polite and introduced himself. I was already interested in solar energy and had to pause my plans 2 years ago when I had to move somewhere else. Now that I was back and the roof was recently done (a healthy roof is required) this was the perfect opportunity. He took some pictures on his ipad. During the conversations he told me that he went to the High School in our town. When I asked more specific questions then he told me, he went to school somewhere else but came back for a year then went somewhere else again. At the time I didn’t suspect they were all lies, but now I realize that they are trained to look and sound sympathatic to the customers by trying to look local or share common grounds, support same team etc. anyways they he made an appointment for a 2nd visit. He came with a guy he called himsef Ray. By the way no business cards etc even after I asked for it. Now I suspect these are not their real names as well. They came with a contract and tried to make me sign it right there. When I started to read, they told me ‘nobody reads them anyways’. Interestingly the contract was under my wife’s name and I told them I couldn’t sign on her behalf they told me ‘it’s just electronic signature’. I told them that it is a felony. Then they called a few numbers to have my name added as well which they did. They told me it was OK if ine of us signed it. They put a 3 day cancellation period. I told them it was too short and literally changed that to 7 days. I was late to my other meeting and I signed the contract thinking I had 7 days to review and cancel. I did this because I was hyped up about solar and if it was good I already took care of the first step and if not I could cancel it. After my other meeting, I came home and expected them to have emailed me a copy of the contract I signed on his laptop. None. I got suspicious and then searched the internet for Sunnova which is the main solar company that finances all the project and manages finances afterwards- as far as I understood. Trinity, as they claimed, does the installation as the ‘contractor’. I have seen so many negative reviews and some went through similar steps. Then I realized that these guys were con artists and they get you hooked up and then play with you. I decided to cancel. Next day on Saturday April 21st I texted Leighton to email me my copy of the contract I sign. He was telling me that the contract is not active until the financial agreement witj sunnova also clears. That is not the contract language says. All lies. Every promise is verbal, but every legal binding term is written. BEWARE. He reluctantly emailed me. And I realized that the contract was 3 days back-dated and remember that they put 3 days to cancel which I changed to 7 days. So, their plan was the moment I signed it, it was too late to cancel. Then as per the language of the contract they can send you bills. They can claim thousands of $$ for preparation of crappy google earth picture of your roof with solar panels and their visits etc. all to pressure you to keep the contract. Their website has no email posted anywhere, but at least I had Leighton’s email. I send him a cancellation notice, a page in the contract by law has the language for cancellation. Then I mailed a certified copy with return receipt, to the mailing address provided. I hope they do not appear nowhere near my property again. This is the worst kind of company I had to deal with and I am hoping that I am out of the woods with the part of that contract I signed which was a very stupid mistake on my part. DON’T REPEAT MY MISTAKE. DON’T EVEN SIGN ANYTHING.

Ricky B

April 17th, 2018 Howell Township, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience from top to bottom Was great! My sales rep was there from top to bottom! Install crew was very professional! Would recommend them to Anyone!

Nance

April 16th, 2018 Pawcatuck, CT

My experience has been terrible! My panels were installed November 7th 2017 and now it is April still waiting to be hooked up! Unexceptable!

Brittany Costa

April 13th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had the pleasure of working with Phillip G. of Trinity Solar to install solar panels on my roof. He was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and walked me through the entire solar panel process step by step. To this day, Phil is by my side to answer any questions I may have and to help out in anyway possible. The installation process itself was quick and painless and everyone involved was obliging. Anyone looking to have solar panels installed please contact Phillip G. at Trinity Solar, I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Rick

April 13th, 2018 Monson, MA

The sales kid Ethan R. was polite and knowledgeable he was professional. And answered all my questions no problem. The installers are great guys as well.

Lisa Shannon

April 11th, 2018 Williamstown, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience has been wonderful. Everyone on Trinity has been helpful and on time. Diane C., my solar consultant, was extremely helpful in educating me on the process. I was hesitant at first being timid with new technology, but I also want to be good to the planet. I have learned a lot and my solar system is working great. Everyone has been so gracious and I am very happy with my decision. Diane has been to my home several times making sure each part of the process goes smoothly. I feel comfortable contacting Diane whenever I have a question.

Pamela Witaszek

April 10th, 2018 Ludlow, MA

Solar had been considered for our new home, but until Diane C. stopped by and explained details, no action was taken. Diane was willing, able, and patient answering all inquiries. The installation was on. The crews that did the work were obviously capable and experienced. Our installation went very well with no inconvenience beyond the necessary. The panels are arranged in a uniform design to maximize the energy they will produce for many years. At first mention of the cost of the system, one might gasp. But after all is calculated, the end result is well worth the process.

Elizabeth Kingsbury

April 10th, 2018 Ludlow, MA

Diane C. was the salesperson who introduced us to Trinity. She was terrific!!! Our knowledge of solar systems was limited and she was extremely knowledgeable of all aspects of the solar experience. She was always available to answer questions and was with us from the moment we decided to install the system until it was on our roof. We did not feel pressured at all. It was very comforting to have someone in our home who passionately believes in solar and the Trinity product. Everyone at Trinity has been terrific from Diane, who was our initial contact, Tristin, our concierge, and the installers. Overall, working with Trinity has been a pleasurable experience. Strongly recommend Trinity and Diane.

John Alexander

April 8th, 2018 Holyoke, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had the first day of my installation today and everything went better then expected. The crew showed up on time and they explained exactly what the process was. The roof was covered with snow from a recent storm but that did not discourage them from moving forward. Mind you I have an old victorian home with odd roof angles and a STEEP pitch. The crew even fell in love with my very rambunctious golden retriever who wanted to oversee everything they did. The solar consultant Diane C. was instrumental in getting the project started and seeing it through to completion. I have nothing but good things to say to this point and am looking forward to a successful solar install.

GTN

April 6th, 2018 North Eastham, MA

Trinity salesman showed up at my residence one night, cold-calling. Initial sales pitch sounded good...he came back with a panel plan after I shared some info on the roof structure and details regarding electrical panel...when he returned for final pitch, the details were severely lacking, expected me to sign the agreement which I'm sure glad I didn't after reading the reviews on this site. Beware...

Michael Tota

April 3rd, 2018 Monroe Township, NJ

What a disaster. All smoking mirrors and verbal semantics. Miscalculations and "misunderstandings" claim the company. Stay away from this company. It has cost us a lot of money and their "return of 7/8 years"...... more lies.

Jad zogb

March 25th, 2018 Worcester, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family had been thinking about going solar for a while but just couldn't find the time to sit down and see what would be best for us. After meeting with Will R. from Trinity Solar and him going over all the detail, we decided to purchase a system for our home, one that is esthetic and supported by one of the best companies out there and the best warranty (25 years). Will has years of experience in the industry and I felt confident that I was getting the best product and quality system for my needs. I never felt pressured to go with Trinity and knew that I can back out at anytime if I change my mind. He explained the advantages of going with trinity and never put any pressure. The communication with everyone at Trinitiy was excellent. The entire process was very transparent, on time and seamless. Everyone at trinity solar and Sunnova is courteous, knowledgeable and supportive through the whole experience. The company not only had the best products and installers, but that they would be there for me in the future should I have any issues. My experience with everyone was fantastic from my initial consult with Will to the concierge Mike to the schedulers, Rachel and Natasha as well as each of the installation crew (Justin, Jeff, Chris, and their associates). The team of installers was also top-notch and very respectful. We love that the panels blend in well and skirts they put up and the work & panel upgrade was done professionally and the team never left a mess at the end of the day! Will even stopped by on installation day to make sure everything is to his satisfaction. Each member of that team is one that every company should be proud to have… I am very impressed. After the installation, trinity monitored the performance and came out and made minor adjustments to make my system even more optimal. I have access to monitor the performance and production remotely and even after couple weeks, can see the benefits already. I couldn't be happier with the experience. I highly recommend them!

David Cavicchi

March 18th, 2018 Milford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Biggest thing for me was honesty and transparency. My sales rep. William was very forthcoming and put at ease all my concerns.

Wayne & Barbara Perkins

March 14th, 2018 Newport, PA

Grahams Crew installed our solar panels, workmanship was excellent. The crew did a fantastic job of installing the panels. They were efficient, tremendous work ethics and pleasant to us. They cleaned up the area after thy were finished. I would recommend Trinity Solar to everyone. We would highly recommend Grahams Crew to install the panels. Wayne & Barb Perkins, Newport, PA

Geffrard Desepeines

February 28th, 2018 Centereach, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My electrical bill is almost double I am paying $ 122.49 to them for solar and PSEG $107.00 a total of $ 229.49 a month the before I pay PSEG about $130.00 a month. I am experincing the opposite of the saving promised

Kevin Mac

February 23rd, 2018 Old Bridge, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good company everything was aa promosied

Suzy

January 2nd, 2018 West Babylon, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In reading these reviews I agree, find a different company. Their Support system is terrible! I have been trying to get my problem solved for the last 3 months via emails. They finally called me, home phone during working hours, so I did not get to speak to him directly till I called back. Of course it was a Friday so I couldn't speak to anyone till after the new year. Finally they went remotely onto my system and say it is not working efficiently. Duh! Why didn't they do that in the first place? Not happy with them at all. I will review again after they check out my panels tomorrow! STAY AWAY FROM TRINITY!!

Luke O.

November 26th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Identical to the experiences of some of the reviewers here, one of their representative showed up at our door claiming that he wants to talk about NYSERDA's programs and he is not selling anything. My unsuspecting wife agreed to make an appointment with them. When I heard about this, I did my homework and apparently this is one of the Company's deceptive practices. Appointment cancelled; would never work with such a deceptive enterprise.

Francis E. Moore

November 20th, 2017 Lunenburg, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After my experience with Trinity, I'm surprised that their rating is as high as 26th, I expected it to be lower. I only went with Trinity because I personally knew someone who worked for the company. I didn't expect any kind of a deal, but thought I would get accurate information, advice, and good customer service. At the time I made my decision, Trinity's lowest reviews were for poor customer service and lack of communication and company representatives returning customer calls. I my case repeated emails, phone calls, and text messages went unanswered, even by the employee I thought I knew. So much for friendship. But it didn't stop there. The installation of my system was sub-par at best. Beginning with the time it took to install the system. Four days over a two month period with a fifth because the local building inspector failed the install on his first inspection which required the installation crew to return again. What was really irritating was one of my neighbors had his system installed in one day (a bigger system) and was up and running within 90 days. By the way, my installation crews only worked half a day any time they were here. As a result of all the delays my system was delayed going on-line producing power credits. The installation itself was sloppy. Several of the panel frames were scratched and scraped from dragging them across my roof and cutting the panel rails. I also found a number of gouges in my new roof that required patching. I didn't call Trinity and complain after my many other calls went unanswered and repaired the roof myself. My system is up and running producing power. I've yet to find any other problems with the system or installation but I expect to. Bottom line, stay any from this company. Pay attention to the on-line reviews and never, ever, rely on friendships when it comes to this kind of an investment. Twenty-sixth? They should be last.

Lee Tyler

November 11th, 2017 Irvington, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My leasing company's name is Sunovo and my bill is $66 / month. I paid the utility, PSE&g $13 / month. I just read that going solar is the equivalent of planting 13-trees / year. I cut one branch on my tree, and the bill went down to $4.35!!! We have a full house, and had a very high electric bill. We couldn't be happier. If we could've done one thing differently, we would've bought them. It was only a few more dollars, and still lower than the electric bill.

Maria O

November 9th, 2017 Egg Harbor Township, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE! From our first meeting with rep, something didn't seem right. We're experienced solar customers (from our prior home) and the sales rep was aware of this. He showed up at our home with NO INFORMATION. Only an iPad that had two photos (one of their system) and one of another company's system on a home. NO presentation, NO facts about the equipment -- NOTHING. Just wearing a pair of shorts and a golf shirt as if he just left the golf course. The rep knew I was an Eagles fan and proceeded to LIE and told us they were the the company that did the solar work on Lincoln Financial Field (home of the Eagles)! Little did he realized I would challenge this, did some fact-finding of our own and were actually contacted by the company who DID the solar at the Linc -- and it wasn't Trinity!!! He also told us the solar panels were made in the USA -- which I highly doubted -- but went along with him. We scheduled a 2nd appointment and asked hime to come more prepared. The 2nd visit, he brought some VP -- who again -- had NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT OR THE CONTRACTS / SMALL PRINT. When I asked for details on the solar panels, inverter equipment -- this VP asked me if I knew the kind of wood that my electric light poles were made out of. I couldn't understand why he was asking me this. Well, it was HIS analogy how my not knowing this information didn't prevent me from getting power to my home. So basically -- I apparently DIDN'T need to know information about a $75,000 (oversized & overpriced) system they were pitching us. After much hounding about it, they did email me information on the panels (which WEREN'T made in the USA) and inverter (which had a much shorter manuf warranty than 25 years). But finding out that they LIED about doing the solar project on Lincoln Financial Field was the final straw. LIES AND NO TRANSPARENCY about their equipment and the small print. NO THANK YOU!

Maryann Mulholland

November 7th, 2017 Rehoboth, MA

New employee Connor M wrote a nasty comment on my fb post and I don't even know him. What kind of employees does this company hire?

joseph

October 31st, 2017 Paulsboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

trinity solar did a very good job. they did about 3to4 hundred houses in Paulsboro and Gibbstown with not one bad report

Will Hubbard

October 23rd, 2017 Wyandanch, NY

From the very start, after speaking with Ryan J the energy consultant everything went very smooth.

Diane

August 22nd, 2017 Beach Haven, NJ

Do not get solar panels from Trinity. There service was very good when they came to put up the panels. But be aware for there customer service when you need help. They just push you off. Do your self a favor stay away from this company. I heard from other consumers how good there companies were when they needed help.

Chris Smith

July 27th, 2017 Chicago, IL

Trinity is the ultimate bait and switch company... everything about them is a half truth. They even use a program named Podium that they send clients to conduct a review... the catch is that it only publishes positive reviews... I kid you not. I worked for them and did quite well for a while but the turnaround was ridiculous... every person that left was cheated out of commissions. If you look into the reviews you will see things like "lack of transparency" and that is an understatement. Trinity is all smoke and mirrors. Refusing to send out contracts is part of their MO because they tell you that if someone gets a lawyer to look at the contract the odds are they are not going to go solar. Trinity has turned into a total bottom feeder with kids canvassing neighborhoods and knocking on doors. Don't plan on them being around when your system needs service.... read your contract. There are much better solar companies out there.

NinaC

July 18th, 2017 Newton Highlands, MA

I signed up with Trinity Solar to install my solar panels in summer 2015 and finally the panels were installed but not inspected till March -April 2016, although my contract promise a completion date of Oct 15, 2015. The saleman who sold me the system left the company and I finally found out many promises he made were not delivered. For example, after the system finally be inspected and is producing electricity, the company did not set up an automatic monitoring service for our system which is different from the term of the contract. In fact, many homeowner will not look into the language carefully and knowing if their system will be monitored by the company which is standard service every solar installer offers with the installation. Initially Trinity try to use excuses to exclude my system from this automatic monitoring service after many weeks fighting plus withhold the final payment for the installation, they finally agreed to include the system as part of the service. I was then told this in fact is a standard practice for all cash payers. They apologized for the mixup. A year later, March 2017, I was told by my SREC company that Trinity did not connect the remote monitoring system directly to the production meter. As a result, the SREC company could not get the solar protection number from the SolarEdge automatic reporting system. Instead, me, the homeowner will need to report the production each month manually, took a picture of the meter production then email to the SREC company which is not what I signed up for and I believe no consumer is expecting they will have to report it manually each month. What I signed up for is an automatic monitoring system and automatically report the problem or the production number without human intervention. I contacted one of the manager at Trinity in March and was assume the problem resolved. as I never heard back after received a letter informing me that he "will jump right on it". Today I was contacted by Trinity Monitoring department and told me my solar system communication was down and I checked on my phone APP and found my system has been down 2-3 weeks ago. Trinity solar just found the problem. The monitoring service they provide supposed to be on daily basis. Trinity did not discover the problem till 3 weeks later which is not acceptable per the industry standard. I then ask about my production reporting system issue I contacted they 4 month ago, and I was told in order to change the connection from the monitoring system from the inverter to from the production meter, there is a $1200 additional charge which is absurd. When Trinity Solar set up the production meter, they should have installed the remote monitoring system directly to the meter. But due to this company is NJ based and unfamiliar with Massachusetts state solar production requirement & regulation, they failed to follow the MA state regulation and installed the monitoring system connected with the inverter. Now Trinity want me to pick up their cost of modification to system to meet Massachuseet requirement. Trinity''s deceiving practice must be stop.

Randy Wilson

June 17th, 2017 Edison, NJ

Very informative at the start, communication lapsed here and there, had to take the initiative and shake the tree a few times to get things moving. Turn on date was set for March, happened in May, but this was more of the township slacking on getting a CoA sent out. I had to call the township and get that ball moving again. Installation people were professional and fast. Will have an update a few months in as we hit our first summer with solar. We went with the Power Purchase Agreement, which means that Trinity owns the panels and the power, and we get discounted costs for electricity.

Chet Begley

June 16th, 2017 Woodbury, NJ

Had appointment and no one showed up or called

Chris Allen

June 7th, 2017

Recently had a salesman visit my door misrepresenting himself . He stated " I'm here to talk about the state alternative energy mandate , I'm not selling anything " . When I pressed who he represented he told me he was from Trinity Solar . I consider this deceptive and dishonest and will never do business with a company that resorts to these methods .

Longman

June 6th, 2017 Plainsboro, NJ

I have NEVER been as disappointed with ANY COMPANY as Trinity. I'm of Faith, and they even used "Trinity" as a selling marketing ploy. shame, shame. Panels took forever to get installed. I started mine 5 months before my neighbor SunRun had them up & running in no time. I was going to let 'all' my friends and co workers know' the benefits. However; I was "Undersized", so I was told by them I'd need to install another 'whole unit, and Yes under Contract!...Ridiculous!. I'm paying ~$65.00/month rental, 25year contract...and stuck in it until 10 years, minimum, then I can BUY OUT!!...Ridiculous!...I wanted to pay off, but cant even do that. Biggest HUSTLE I've ever been scammed into, but We live & learn, I should have looked at ALL OPTIONS of other companies, No 2 are the same....it's just that this is clearly the Worst!

Kate Young

June 4th, 2017

Sales guy (Josh) called my dogs rats, when he asked where I thought gut he was from because of his accent I said Georgia and he said I'm going to uppercut the next person who says that. I asked for a business card and they had nothing. I was nervous they were actually casing my house to rob it.

Craig Hinckley

May 16th, 2017 Brookfield, CT

I'll save you a lot of headache by just saying find another company. Trinity Solar may have been a good company a couple of years ago but from what I've learned they are in major financial trouble. They pulled the old bait and switch and when their "financial partner" went out of business last year (OneRoof Energy) they continued to install systems that One Roof had financed.... after the system was installed then Trinity contacted the clients and attempted to switch them over to another financial partner with much less favorable terms. Most people just signed without understanding the differences but it will haunt them down the road... I'm a former employee and client. My system was installed by Trinity and financed by OneRoof Energy but was completed before the "financial meltdown "... it works fine. Trinity works hard to get positive reviews and there are some happy customers. There are an alarming number of extremely angry clients and former employees.

Maria Chesney

April 10th, 2017 Toms River, NJ

Thank you everyone who has given your honest opinion and shared your experiences. My husband and I had a gentleman come by our house on Saturday afternoon at 2pm for our initial appointment. He was on time and very friendly, but when it came down to talking numbers and initiating service he became EXTREMELY high pressure. He had two laptops going, was talking 90 miles an hours and flippng documents back and forth between us and pressuring us to sign up. I told him we were just looking into it today and we would review the documents and set up a follow up appointment. Well, he started saying how very difficult it would be for him to get back out to us and if we would just sign up to get things started because it would take him 30 days to get the financing paperwork through and pull the permits. I told him, AGAIN, that we were only looking into it at this time. I wanted to look over all of the documents that he emailed me. He didn't even have actual papers with him to read, just emails of documents!! He kept saying if you just sign this and get things started, it's no problem if you change your mind because you have 30 days to cancel. All lies!! Contract law in New Jersey has a 3-business days rescission provision and I happen to know that it applies to ALL contracts. He insisted, no you have 30 days to cancel. I also told him he was way too high pressure for me. We're NOT signing anything today. You can come back another day after we look things over. Again, he pressured that it would be very difficult for him to come back out to us. That's when I really lost it! I told him if he really wanted the sale, he would find a way to get back to us.......especially since he started his appointment with us by letting us know he only lives 20 minutes away from our house!!! Everyone please heed these warnings on this website. Guess what? I was right - all the paperwork says "3-business days" rescission period all in Capital Letters! He called me again this morning and I told him that's what the paperwork says and he said, 'No, it's 30 days.' I said, 'You don't even know what your paperwork says.' He said, "Yes I do." So I said, "Well, then if you do I guess you were purposely trying to deceive us!' He hung up on me. BEWARE! I am now looking into NJ Home Services - they are right here in NJ and their parent company is NJNG - so you don't have to worry about them skipping out. By the way - Trinity used to do business in Utah. They no longer have an office there. I wonder what all of those customers in Utah are doing for service now.......

Tricia R.

April 10th, 2017 Oakdale, CT

Our original salesperson was great. But after the roof survey the company called and said our roof needed support but they'd do it at installation with no charge, no problem. Then we needed trees cut down, since there was too much shade. We did, but didn't hear back after many e-mails. Our salesman had left but no-one took his account! I called and called but got no response until I left a message to return my deposit. Then I was called by someone who didn't know what he was talking about. I still cancelled but had to sign an agreement not to go with anyone else! I still had another company give a roof survey and THEY said, unfortunately, our roof here in NE wouldn't be strong enough, with snow and panels, and since we have cathedral ceilings, we have very little attic space to reinforce. We'd need to remove the roof to do so! So we had to cancel our plans and now we have no more trees since we cut them down for Trinity!!! If we'd gone ahead with them, we might have had a cave in after a typical New England snowstorm!!!!

K B

April 6th, 2017 Haverhill, MA

Great experience so far with Anthony B at Trinity Solar. Anthony took care of us from start to finish and we are seeing huge savings with our new solar panel install. Keep up the good work!

Robert ten Napel

April 6th, 2017 Stony Brook, NY

Great company. It's a 2 year anniversary since Trinity Solar installed our 10kw system and having to pay only monthly PSEG electric-grid hookup charges. Trinity also faithfully monitors the performance of our solar system on a regular basis and recently informed us that we had a slight problem. Turns out that due to squirrel nesting, damage was done to a panel and some wiring. Within a week the system was repaired. They recommended a 3rd party to install a " pest " barrier around the perimeter of the panels to prevent future damage. It's almost invisible. Keep up the good work Trinity and let that Solar shine.

neal wilson

April 1st, 2017

Was told if I needed my panels removed that it would be free if I use there roofing company ,if I use mine it would be a fee of $750 now I called trinity or sunnova and they say it's much more I called my salesperson 3 months ago he said yes I did say that and promised to send me a copy of this garentee and 3 months later nothing and he keeps saying send me more people but I can't if I do t trust them I can't recommend a freind !

Becky Howard

March 20th, 2017 Nottingham, MD

I feel we were given the bait and switch tactic. We signed, they installed, and then they sent us a new contract with their new finance company. They said it was the same thing. I was on vacation and tired of them bugging me about it so I was foolish and just signed the new agreement. It is NOT the same as the original. We got screwed.

Frankie Ruiz

March 20th, 2017 Plainfield, NJ

Trinity Installed my system in June of 2016. My sales advisor Joshua P inform me of the whole process and was clear and honest on the process. Installation took 1 full day they even added support beams in my attic for the roof.They left the premises spotless. My system went online October 3 month after installation but it was not Trinity issue it was Pseg who got delayed. My production was low in October and November and i called my sales advisor Trinity through there monitoring system notice the inverter was not working properly and replace the inverter in a matter of a week after informing them. in NJ is a no brainer to go solar do the math. My system would be paid of in 7 years. It was either pay my utility company for electricity or pay myself and ad some equity to my house. After the 7th year when the system is paid off you get 80 percent of your electricity free and the Srec value and start making a profit.Highly recommend Trinity Solar and Joshua. Great job Guys!

Christina Claire

February 20th, 2017

Trinity Solar installers were professional,informative, and helpful. The office called to ask if I'd like to move up my install date due to a cancellation which I appreciated. The installers arrived,introduced themselves and came ready to work. Very little noise. While they installed the racking system, the electricians worked in the attic and garage. Very easy process over 2 days. No mess. Very friendly and happy crew.

Donna Piro-Andon

February 1st, 2017 Boston, MA

Very unhappy with my experience with Trinity ,it took 1 year to install,Yes 1 year.Customer service terrible.Would not refer them at all.

alllison robitaile

January 25th, 2017 Huntington, NY

it took about 4/5 months before i was up and running. had to have them back or on phone for some reason or another. its been over a year and I'm still speaking with the company. apparently the rep. that came to my home had left a LOT of information out that is very pertinent to a buyer. i had enough issues that this rep. stated that he would make my $250.00 down deposit into 1,250.00, which never happened. A month later i was informed that he was no longer with the company... one year later i get a call from a collection company that I'm in collections for many thousands of dollars, but in the mean time i am paying my loan to a company that had gotten in touch with me through trinity solar (i believe). Apparently sunedison went bank rupt, but is still trying to collect money from me. we are in investigation now. as of this date my solar is not producing; I'm not quite sure if it was turned off a week ago while having maintenance and wasn't put back on. to sum up, i feel i have had nothing but head aches since I've purchased this solar and do hope it comes to a happy ending and not a lawsuit.

Roger Rogowski

December 24th, 2016 Asbury Park, NJ

Based on my experience, I highly recommend Trinity Solar. The main reason for my recommendation was the interaction I had with my Energy Consultant, Dan G. Each time Dan visited my house, he was knowledgeable, professional and extremely courteous. Not only did he share other installations in my area, he encouraged me to talk to the homeowners to get their opinions of him and Trinity Solar. Dan was highly recommended by my neighbors and his constant interaction with me throughout the process was greatly appreciated. Because of Dan, the installation was quick and my system is already running and generating power. We all know that many different solar companies want our business, but based on my interaction with Dan and the entire Trinity team, I highly recommend and thank them for making this processs easy. Even though my installation is complete, Dan still checks in with me to make sure everything is okay. I have already shared Dan's name with my friends and family who are interested in solar. If you are thinking of solar, you can't go wrong with Dan G and Trinity solar.

Chas

December 13th, 2016 Newark, NJ

Bought my system from them in 2006 my panels had a recall they never notified me told one of my other friends who bought from them that had to charge to see if they were the recall panels luckily Independant company contacted me came over found a panel burnt up and got my whole system replaced for free in my eyes if trinity not making money they want nothing to do with you

John P

November 13th, 2016 Cape May, NJ

Starting with the sales person, customer service and the crew that installed the panels were excellent. The workers left the property spotless.