Trinity Solar

5.8

Marisa Dracut, MA

Dan L. came over our house to introduce himself and to give us his information and to let us know to contact him if we needed anything. He was very professional and friendly we were very impressed

Nadine Allen Springfield, MA

Trinity solar is a great company. I was very happy i decide to go solar. Ray R. was a god sent, he was very informative, he explains the whole works and now just like he said l started seeing where am saving on my electric.

Jennifer Calendrelli East Haven, CT

Alexis S. was very helpful and was able to answer all the questions we had he was very resourceful and never left a questioned unanswered he was very respectful and professional...

Jay Cheshire, CT

Jason G. went above and beyond in every way! The grant program is an absolute no-brainer so we have recommended Jason to both friends and family and will continue to do so!!!

Milagros Rodriguez Springfield, MA

Everything was explained thoroughly, Ray R. answered all of my questions in great detail. I love the fact that all of my phone calls were returned promptly. Hopefully Trinity Solar can help my daughter go solar.

Amy Shaw Naugatuck, CT

My Sales rep Doug was great. Explained everything to me and no pressure. It was an easy to understand experience. They we're flexible with me for installation and constant communication via email and phone kept me informed.

Michael Toro North Brunswick, NJ

The gentleman that came out and installed the panels were professional, had a wealth of knowledge, listened to my concerns, spoke clearly of how the system works and cleaned up very well. Outstanding work

George Galullo Waterbury, CT

Trinity install us 3 years ago. We have saved more money each year. There was a small leak this year and Trinity came out within 1 day and fixes I, at no cost. Everyone was helpful.

Chris johnson Hanover, PA

Great company to work with. Cost me nothing to get started . Now I am paying less for my power and helping the environment without any investment or liabilities with that come with solar

David chavez Manchester, CT

Joshua K was great. He came into my home and with a no pressure sales approach was extrely personable and took the time to explain everything! Bells sales person I have come in contact with

Ed Busser Williamstown, NJ

Salesman was knowledgeable and went over options that made me feel comfortable. Install team was great. Again knowledgeable and kept me in the loop on what they were doing. Very respectful

K B Haverhill, MA

Great experience so far with Anthony B at Trinity Solar. Anthony took care of us from start to finish and we are seeing huge savings with our new solar panel install. Keep up the good work!

Steven Mercurio New Providence, NJ

Great people. Very helpful and keep you updated every step of the way. They make Solar a simple process and with electric rates going up and up now is the best time to get in.

Greg Miller Marlton, NJ

We had our solar system installed in July 2016 and the sales team, installers and customer support has been awesome. Hats off to Kristian & Brian! They were total solar PROs!!!

Bill Tierno Voorhees, NJ

After waiting about a month, we finally had our inspection scheduled, only to have their rep show up two & a half hours late. The local inspector could not hang around. Now I don't know when I will get my re-inspecting. I hear that some people have waited 3 months for the panels to be turned on. This was after the panels were installed early.

paula Watertown, MA

The workers that did the actual install were excellent . very polite and neat.Also the salesperson Anthony was the best.Answered alll my questions than some..always went the extra mile..

Lorraine Faucher Rochester, NY

I do not like the double talk I got when I signed on. I was promised lower bills, still waiting. I am paying the solar company and the electric co. So much more than before Solar. I feel ripped off by a double talking salesman.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Lorraine - we would be happy to discuss your concerns and work to resolve them. Please respond to our email at your earliest convenience. Thank you for this feedback.

Aug. 25th, 2020

Kim Flaer Wilmington, DE

Prompt service. If I ever had questions, they answered within 24 hrs or less. Always kept up to date on the status threw the whole process.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you Kim. Glad to hear you had a great experience with Trinity Solar. Please recommend us!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Stephen Round Woodstock, CT

Yesterday afternoon my wife and I were enjoying the company of our nine-year-old grand-daughter when I noticed a shiny-new automobile (with no markings or signage) enter our 250 foot driveway. The casually dressed young man parked his car, got out and approached the front door. Thinking that he might be lost or looking for a specific neighbor, I came out and asked if I could help him. He mentioned that he noticed the house was brand new, and wanted to know if I had considered "going solar". I told him that I have had experience with solar and had looked into it in the past. He then asked if I'd be interested in hearing more about the advantages of solar power through a free "in home evaluation" later in the week. I asked what company he represented and mentioned "Trinity". I said I was not interested at this time, but I would take a brochure and/or business card . He then said something to the effect that the company was "faith based" and "green" and did not want to waste resources on printed materials. Right away I knew that there was something fishy going on. I said that, unless he had some printed materials, I definitely would NOT be interested at this time. He again asked I would just agree to a free "no obligation" in-home consultation. At that point, I had to emphatically say that I was NOT interested so he reluctantly thanked me and left. When I came in the house my wife had already dialed the police to find out if this guy was legitimate. Before she was even connected, we noticed a police car heading up the street with it's flashing lights on. My wife handed me the cellphone and, when the police dispatcher answered, I told her my address. She said that she knew exactly why I was calling. Other complaints had already been coming in from my area. Evidently, my neighbors had gotten the same bad feelings about this company that I did. After looking at many negative comments on this site about Trinity Solar (over 35% "ones"), I know now that my gut feelings were "on the mark". My wife and I are senior citizens and would hate to see anyone (senior or otherwise) tricked into being locked into a bad contract that could haunt them for the next 25 years. Sincerely, A Concerned Senior Added 3/7/2002 after Trinity's Reply Let me be clear that I am complaining about the fact that you are sending out salespeople in unmarked cars with no business cards and no printed information about the company. In this day and age, with scammers preying on everyone, how can you not see a problem with this? For the cost of a magnetic sign and some printed material you could avoid this type of problem. It also does not help your company for a potential customer to see over 35% negative ratings on this site. Were these customers helped with their problems? If so, it should be noted in an update like this one. Sincerely, Stephen Round

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We have an A+ rating from the BBB and have proudly been in business since 1994. I assure you we are entirely legitimate. We do apologize that someone interrupted your time with your grandchild but this rep did nothing offensive, inappropriate or outside of our code of conduct. In order to qualify homes for a “no out of pocket cost” solar system through state and federal funding we need to do an on-site evaluation to see if a home qualifies. That is why our sales people work in the field and approach homeowners at their place of residence. We also appreciate your concern for senior citizens. However, we do not employ any trickery nor do we lock anyone into bad contracts, unlike your currently utility company. We provide an alternative to your fossil-fuel burning utility with rates lower than what your utility company can provide and, we do it with green, renewable energy. We walk potential customers through the process and thoroughly discuss the pros and cons with each individual customer. Solar is not for everyone and we recognize that. However, we also believe the only way we can combat Climate Change is through people like yourselves choosing a better way to get their energy. After all, you are paying for the electricity anyway. Why not pay for it from a cleaner source. Feel free to reach out to our Client Resources department at (732) 780-3779 x6138 to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from everyone we interact with.

Mar. 5th, 2020

Zora Thomas New York, NY

Trinity Solar is a company who does want they want not the customer. The only tools the installers carry is channel lock pliers. They hammer and what ever else needs done. I was told it would take 2 days to complete and it took 5 months. They blamed everyone but themselves for the hold up. They blamed the borough, the inspectors, myself. Do yourself a favor and pick another company. I made several calls about why they would not install what I requested and was told I was harassing them and they were going to call the police on me. It cost me $18000.00 and I am not happy with the customer service or the product I received. Al .I can say is WARNING use VIVINT they do very nice work. The couple across the street used them and the work they did was done in 2 days and I spoke with the company superviser and he was very knowable not the salesman that came to my home. he was a new salesman and he promised me things that Trinity will not honer. They also blamed him for the problems I had But they were never wrong They said I got what they said I would get. Not a happy customer !!

Pancho Moreno Roslindale, MA

Bad start. Someone saw the “For Sale” sign on my car and came to inquire about it, so I showed it to him… 15mins later after me taking the time to show him the car, engine, tires, miles, vin number etc. we went for a test drive. We argued the price, I lowered it by 1k …we arranged to bring it to his mechanic for a final inspection. He mentioned that he was working… so he started talking to me about solar panels and ended up making an appointment for someone to come and talk to me about solar panels! He said he works with the government discounts He is I believe Albania and his name is Zejnel he is a Bad Hombre I live in Roslindale thank you

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for your honest feedback Mr. Moreno. We're going to research this incident and take disciplinary action if necessary. We endeavor to build trust with our customers and it seems we missed the mark here. Thank you for taking our call to discuss your experience, we're always looking for ways to improve. Warm regards and Happy Holidays!

Dec. 18th, 2019

CHRISTINE MINETT Mays Landing, NJ

We think we may have made a mistake going with Trinity Solar. We have had Trinity Solar since Aug, 2018. Initially there were no serious problems except for delays. This year we were notified in Oct that our system had not transmitting to IGS Solar since Sept 18, 2019 (almost a month). When someone finally came out to look at it, we were told the required part would take a couple of weeks. They would notify us when the part came in. We waited a few weeks and called again. Lo and behold, the part just came in!!! They could not schedule a technician to come out for another2 week or so. When he finally came out on Oct 25, he said he couldn't repair it, he now needed a new communication board which would take couple of weeks. The part came in and again it took a couple of weeks to get a technician to come out. Well, the technician came early this morning, Nov. 22. He did ring the doorbell but we didn't hear it. When we went out an hour later to check, we found the entire system was turned off. WHY COULDN'T HE LEAVE A NOTE ON THE DOOR? We called and left a message for Nicole asking why the system was now completely off and we did not receive a note or phone call. No call back! We called again hours later and were told by Nicole that now the Invertor needs to be replaced. Nicole also told me they don't leave notes on the door when no-one answers. It would take a couple of weeks for the part to come in Then they would schedule a technician to come out. (PROBABLY ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AFTER THAT BASED ON THEIR SOP). I told them this was ridiculous customer service!! Nicole said here was nothing else she could do. BE PREPARED, ANY SERVICE CALLS TAKE WEEKS, PARTS DON'T COME IN FOR WEEKS, ANY THEY REALLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP! Once you have their system, they don't care what you think!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you for your honest feedback Mrs. Minett, we certainly do care what you think and we appreciate your patience as we've worked to resolve your issues. We're glad that your system is producing well now and hope that we've met your expectations with our customer service. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to call us if you need anything. Warm regards and Happy Holidays!

Dec. 18th, 2019

Georgette

I'm paying more than I was when I had just Atlantic City Electric because of the rep and his lies was told no holes in roof trees didn't need to be cut down roof was in great shape and the best lye was if I was not satisfied I could cancel anytime to don't worry just call me I'm 69 and locked into a 25 year lease and my bill's going up everything I asked was told I couldn't have and one other thing I did my research and need so many panels and was told oh you only need this amount of panels and you will generate enough energy and get back money well I found out I only have enough panels to generate 75% not 100% lies all to get you to sign up

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Georgette. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Someone from our Client Resources department will be reaching out to you to discuss this further with you.

Oct. 17th, 2019

Terry Hartman Columbia, PA

It was approximately a year ago when we approached by Trinity. The day arrived when the crew arrived and started to unload the panels. Someone inspected our roof and advised the roof needed to be checked further which we did and were advised the roof might last another 7 years and we would then have to pay to have the panels removed while a new roof was installed. So we bit the bullet to have a new roof installed. I actually talked to a Trinity rep and she could hear the banging and she advised the roof needed to 'settle' before the solar panels could be installed. How freaking king long does that take????? No calls no correspondence all this time. I am going to check for another company because of your poor customer service.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Terry. Thank you so much for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It sounds like there was an error in communication on our end and we greatly apologize for that. We will have a manager reach out to further discuss this.

Oct. 18th, 2019

Debbie Waterbury, CT

These gentleman were very courteous, fast and did a beautiful job on my house. This project was done in one day as estimated to me by my sales person.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Thank you, Debbie! We are so glad that the Trinity Solar installation crews treated you and your home with respect and completed the installation in a timely manner. Please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Aug. 27th, 2019

Stacie

The saleswoman was very nice at first and that is about all I can say that was good. We met with her on 2 different occasions. The first was a basic discussion about the program. The second was to discuss if we qualified and what our rate would be. Well we were told it was going to be a substantial savings and then the monthly payment ended up being more than what I currently pay. Why in the world would I sign up for a 25 year lease agreement when the monthly payment starts out at more than what I am currently paying? What a joke. Then when we didn’t sign..the salesperson tried to pressure us into just signing it. I don’t think so!! Glad we said NO to this deal!!

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Stacie, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 9347 and ask to speak with Emily. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

Jul. 16th, 2019

AJ New Egypt, NJ

My electric bill has not been over $50 since I went solar! I have an all electric home that was around $350 in the summer Its so nice to have lower bills now.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi AJ, so glad you're happy and we appreciate your review. Thank you!

May. 9th, 2019

Jeannie Hamden, CT

In Oct a guy came to my door to talk about solar panels. I was interested so set up an appointment to meet with a sales rep. I remember having to leave work early to be at my house in time to meet him, day 1 interfering w my job... no biggie. We discuss solar and the benefits, he assures me he'll be there through the entire process from the beginning to end with any questions or concerns I may have. I then sign some papers and he tells me he'll get back to me. Once everything is approved he needs to return to finalize the sale, I believe he came on a Sat. Once I signed the papers to commit I never heard form him again. One morning a man shows up at my house, no badge, no trinity van just showed up and needed access to my roof from the 3rd floor. I found that to be odd. Before they even start installation you need to have a home energy audit so I call to set it up they only make appt mon-fri 3pm being their last appointment. So now I need to be home early from work for this, day 2 interfering w my job. I believe early Dec my permits were all set and they call to set up installation which you need to be home for since they need access to your electric box, day 3 interfering w work. That particular day it was pouring out, They couldn't get much done but did what they could and I was told they'd call to reschedule. A wk went by I heard nothing. Finally after almost 2 wks I call them asking if they could come finish this. Day 4 interfering w work. They didn't finish so needed to come back and again needed to be inside my house day 5 interfering w work. Finally done sometime in Jan. Now I'm told the town needs to come look at the electric before being approved. Weeks pass before they call to set up an appt. Before the town comes, trinity needs to come back just to make sure everything looks good, day 6 interfering w work. Early Feb the town came and I was told next UI needs to come to switch out boxes or something and yet again someone needs to be home day 7 interfering w work. After a few wks they call to set up an appt for UI. I had a scheduled appt for yesterday afternoon, had someone take time out of their day to wait at my house for them and no one showed up. I called Trinity leaving a message wanting to know what happened and no one returned my call that was 2 days ago. This is a horrible company. I understand that weather and permits played a small role but they weren't up front. If I knew it would take 7mth and 8 days interfering w my work schedule I certainly wouldn't have singed up for this. I honestly wish they'd just come remove the panels. I'm disgusted with the entire process, total nightmare.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Dear Jeannie, I'm sorry you felt that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact your local Trinity Solar office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Apr. 8th, 2019

Joe Martella Bordentown, NJ

Absolutely terrible customer service. My panel mounts were improperly installed which caused water damaged to ceilings on my first and second floors. I spoke to Kayla N who asked me to send pictures of the damage, which I did along with pictures of the improper roof mounts. Despite being told that someone would get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, is has been two weeks, 3 voice mail messages and 3 emails later and I got no return phone calls or email. I finally was able to get through to someone in their "concierge" customer service this morning who relayed a message from Kayla that she has been "having problems with her email" and I was given another email address to send my pics to. I guess Kayla's phone, voicemail, and answering service were also on the fritz. I will update this review if and when they actually do something about the damage that their improper installation caused.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hello Mr. Martella, We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’re sorry you had such a frustrating experience with regard to your roof leaking, it’s not what we like to hear. A member of our Senior Management staff will be reviewing your account and reaching out to work toward a positive resolution for you. Your business means a lot to us and we want very much to restore your confidence in us.

Mar. 27th, 2019

Celina Chauvet Uniondale, NY

I have solar panels with Trinity Solar for one year and it’s been nothing but headaches and frustration. Trinity employees are liars, thieves and scammers. Please do not use them. During the one year that I’ve been a customer I’ve had to have my roof repair about four times because of a leak and now the fifth time Trinity is giving me a run around telling me to call sunnova to get a case number.As of today my roof in my bedroom is still leaking. I texted the supervisor and told him what happen but no response. Trinity’s employees are very unprofessional and discourteous. Please do not use this company save yourself the heartache, stress and aggravation. I’m not benefitting from the solar panels at all. I pay $80 each month directly taken from my bank account and still I’m paying over $130 each month for electric bill. Last summer I had very high electric bills over $100 each mont. I complained to Trinity and was told that I need a new meter. For my trouble Trinity offered me $250 but I recieved a check for $150. My next step is to contact the public service commission and Better business Bureau.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Celina, I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with your solar experience. Your PV solar system is owned by a finance partner so we are obligated by contract with them to obtain their permission prior to any site visits or repairs. The solar contract guarantees production so any deficit in production will be reimbursed to you when the utility company executes their annual true up review.

Jan. 15th, 2019

Michael Walters Toms River, NJ

I will keep my review to my most recent issue. I own an 18 year old home. Trinity installed our panels in 2015. The contract I entered into came with a 25 year commitment. The installers stated that our roof was in very good condition and stated that they were certifed and experienced roofers. We were never informed by these so called certified roofers that our roof only had a life expectancy of 20 years. They were aware that our home was 15 years old at the time of installation. Why would they encourage me to enter into a 25 year commitment on a roof that wasn't expected to last more than 5 more years? They preyed upon my ignorance. In recent months I've had several leaks during rain storms. All companies that have come out to inspect the roof state that any qualified roofer would have known the life expectancy of my roof and told me that it would have to be replaced long before 25 years. The companies that have recently inspected my roof state that the roof should be replaced very soon as the leaking is a result of normal wear. I contacted Trinity and told them of the situation. They told me that to avoid violating my contract I would have to use their installers. They stated the cost to remove and reinstall the panels would be $6500. I received quotes for a new roof ranging from $7000 to $10,000. When I shared the price of the panel removal and reinstallation quoted by Trinity, all of the company representatives that came out to inspect my roof called that cost insane andd ridiculous. I complained to Trinity and they stated they would do removal and reinstallation for $4500. I understand as a homeowner that replacing my roof in an unpleasant, but necessary responsibility. I find the $4500 fee of Trinity absurd and I feel that they are taking advantage of me. I regret every aspect of my experience with Trinity. I was mislead from day one by their sales representative and the experience has become a nightmare. I welcome anyone to contact me personally and I will share all facts. I encourage everyone to become educated regarding the use of solar energy and encourage everyone to use a company other than Trinity.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Michael, I'm sorry you're disappointed with your solar experience. I have spoken with our Resolutions Department and they reached out today and left a voicemail. We'd like very much to come to an amicable resolution and earn your confidence. Please return the call at your soonest convenience. Thank you.

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Kelvin Jonestown, PA

I met with Chris L. A. on Saturday November 3rd to discuss possibly having solar panels and to get more information, at the beginning he was nice and everything seemed to be going good but when he was trying to get me to sign the papers his attitude changed, I didn’t want to commit to something for 25 Years right away, my wife was at work and I wanted to discuss the information I got from Chris with her and we talk about it together before any decision was made, then since I didn’t want to sign he kept telling me I didn’t need to sign cause he gets 7-8 contracts a day, so I told him I’m not educated on solar panels and he told me that Trinity Solar is not in the business to be educating people, I thought that was very rude and that helped make the decision not to go with the company. Very horrible experience. I said that Trinity Solar should not be advertising for a free quote with no obligation to sign anything.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Kelvin, it is certainly understandable that you would want to consult your wife regarding such a decision and take time to make sure you understand all that is involved. Trinity Solar is indeed in the business of educating interested people about solar and any representation to the contrary is unacceptable. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Senior Vice President of Sales to address. Thank you for making us aware. Should you have further questions or interest, please contact our office and request that a sales manager be assigned to address your questions per your communication here.

Nov. 7th, 2018

Peter Aleff

I received today a visit from one of Trinity Solar's "scouts" who told me their company had identified my roofs as perfectly suitable for a solar installation. I asked him to have his company send me a written description of their offer, including the financing options and output guarantees, but he told me they cannot do that, they must visit me to tell me what they propose. I checked the site for their Eastern Mass office and could not find an email address where to start the inquiry with them, but their site asks me to fill out a form that would authorize them to call me, even with robocalls, and even if I was on the government's "do-not-call" list. I cannot trust a company that allows communications only one-way, according to their preferences, instead of letting me ask my questions by email on my schedule.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Peter, your home was identified as having good orientation for solar without excessive shade, which is why the representative visited you to find out if you were interested in learning more. Trinity Solar installs custom solar systems and analyzes all of the relevant specifics of your home to design the system. There are also many options available for financing. Solar is simplistic in its benefits for energy conservation and savings, but there are many steps involved in the process that would be difficult to effectively communicate strictly through email. A scheduled appointment with a Sales Representative affords you the ability to learn what we can offer and the undivided attention of an expert to address all of your questions to help you make the best decision for your home. We certainly respect your choice to decline an appointment, but will always be available should you change your mind.

Oct. 11th, 2018

Kumar Kendall Park, NJ

I am a Trinity Solar customer since 2015, they are very good with signing you in but will leave you stranded when the real need arises. I paid for my roof and worked with them when they were delayed in installing my roof, worked with them when they could not read my solar meter for 45 days due to issue on their side but do not support or help you when you really need them. They are here only to make money, its a pity. When i signed up for Solar, they said my roof is in Great condition and do not need to replace it for 10 more years and went ahead with installation. After three years i started facing roof leak issues and needed to replace my roof. I am still under warranty but their customer service do not want to help with my roof leaks and deny their claim about my certifying my roof. So i gave up on they helping with the roof leaks and started looking at my own options to hire contractors. But no contractors are willing to take a chance with replacing the roof under my solar system and asking me to reach my solar company to remove the panels before they can fix the roof and when i requested Trinity to remove the solar panels so that that i can get my roof changed/fixed instead of helping me out they gave me a quote of $6500 to remove the roof and reinstall after the roof is replaced. I am very disappointed with their service and way they deal with their customers. It is very unfortunate, i do not know how to come out this situation.

Reply from Trinity Solar

Hi Kumar, In response to your review comments, our Resolution team is reviewing your account and working with Upper Management to come to an agreement with regard to your roof. I believe you are currently in communication with a Resolution Specialist who is actively working to assist you. Trinity Solar is devoted to our customers and are hopeful your confidence in us will be restored.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Diane Gale Southwick, MA

NOTE: We are well-versed in solar installation and pricing, so this review is not based on ignorance of pricing structures and incorrect expectations. Trinity Solar is NOT transparent in their pricing and will not provide a breakdown of their pricing. Their pricing was more than 2 times the other 6 comprehensive quotes that we received. They offer a Production Guarantee, but it is clear that they insure this internally by including that hedge in their pricing to every single customer. They did not advise us of financing options available to us that we ABSOLUTELY qualified for through the state (they did cover federal and state tax incentives, however.) They ONLY steered us to their own associated financing leg and NO OTHER whether we discussed leasing or buying the system. Every installer quotes an estimated annual production. This is what Trinity bases their Production Guarantee on. When we discussed the leasing option, the production guaranteed was 11,000+ annual watts. When we changed to a purchase, all of a sudden the annual production for EXACTLY THE SAME SYSTEM dropped to 10,000 annual watts (more than 10% drop in guaranteed production simply because we change the method of PAYING FOR IT. NOT POSSIBLE, and the only explanation provided was, "that's just the way the pricing is". That says they build in excess profits and hedges in their pricing, and they clearly make less money on a straight up purchase than a gouging 25 year lease, so they reduce the guarantee basis. Everything was smooth and cordial until we started delving into the analytics and questioning these details. Then the salesperson became abusive and insulting. Steer clear of this one.

Rachel Murphy Feeding Hills, MA

Very helpful! Our agent Phillip G. Helped us with our many questions, met with us until we felt fully informed. Very knowledgeable every step of the way!

Pascal Bridgeport, CT

At first I thought the program was too good to be true but Jason G. made me a believer he was great from start to finish. I highly recommend Jason and Trinity!!

Cherrie Alexander Lynn, MA

Loved working with Trinity Solar. Every step, from sales to installation, to activation, was easy. They kept me informed and helped me understand the whole process.

Darsi Easton, CT

Jason G. and the entire staff at Trinity Solar made this entire process enjoyable and the end result is an absolute no-brainer! Why isn’t there solar on every house??

Christine Milford, CT

Jason G. made everything easy to understand and he is a pleasure to work with! I have already recommended for close friends who are also going solar.

Joseph Hudak, Jr. Whiting, NJ

Everything was fine until installation which was performed illegally with out proper construction permits. After waiting for the municipal inspection for 6 weeks I (the homeowner) inquired of the Building dept as to when we could expect inspection for approval. That's when it all went downhill. Trinity Solar still (6 weeks after install) had not picked up the construction or electrical permits or paid the required $571.00 for same. When I pressed Trinity my calls went to voicemail and were not returned and eventually the customer service contact no longer was employed at Trinity. Went through several other people and got no response. I (the homeowner) instructed the building dept of the town to put them in violation even though that would include me. None of this was any of my fault. I demanded Trinity to remove the install as it was done without proper permits. One more month of delays and no call backs from voicemails I left. Until the end of April when Trinity finally paid for and picked up the permits. The city was right on top of the inspection process and did that in 3 days time. approving both construction and electrical. Now Trinity says it's up to JCP&L to swap out the meter and we have to wait for them. The end of May (yet another four weeks-one month shot) and I (the homeowner) called JCP&L about the swap out and they informed me it was done two weeks ago and a letter of approval was sent to Trinity Solar. I had even received an emailed copy. At this time I had spoken three times to colleen M. at Trinity who tried to assure me she would helpm and get us up and running. While explaining to Colleen that JCP&L had emailed the approval two weeks ago she told me that the person addressed on the email no longer was employed at Trinity either. That person left and no one checked that computer for any emails. In 2 days and 4 phone calls Colleen M. accomplished what no one at Trinity was able to do in 4 months. A $67,000.00 system sat on my roof for 4 months accomplishing nothing for no one. It didn't benefit me, Trinity, or SunRun electric Co or the Earth for that matter. I doubt that I or any one would ever see any possible $500.00 referral credit quoted from day should we ever referr some one for solar to Trinity. Trinity does not seem to know what customer service is. They also seem to have a high rate of employee turn over. Gee isn't that ironic? A sad state of affairs when you are dealing with such high stakes and dollar figures. I hope no one ever asks where I got my solar from as I do not want to recommend Trinity at all. If you deal with Trinity ask to speak to Colleen M...she seems to know her job and how to perform it.

Victor Sanchez Springfield, MA

Ray R. was very courteous and concise in explaining the solar program to myself and my wife. Our system looks good and it’s already on. Thank you Trinity Solar.

Allysia Nanfito Wolcott, CT

Courteous installers . They cleaned up after work and were understanding about any concerns of mine. My sales associate was kind, helpful and knowledgeable .

Lisa Perez Del Valle Fair Lawn, NJ

They tell you you can cancel before they issue permits . Then they get the permits so fast that you can’t cancel or you have to pay the permit fee. I was unsure about the leasing of the solar. A week later I requested info on buying instead of leasing as I still was unsure and wanted to be more informed. A few days after I requested the information I asked for an explanation of the buying/loan process. Since I was still deciding I didn’t think they went ahead and issued permits. Then I get a call that installation is ready to be scheduled. I sent an email explaining I didn’t decide yet to please hold off on any permits & will get back to you after the weekend. They never said at that point it’s too late it’s already issued so I wasn’t concerned. I emailed them on a Wednesday after that weekend to say please cancel. Now they say it’s too late permits already processed you will have to pay that fee. This company rushes to get the permit so your hands are tied. They knew I was going over it with no final decision made. This is a terrible way to do business.

Betty Cheshire, CT

SHADY. SHADY. SHADY. A persistent and non-relenting sales man (dressed like a woman , nonetheless) kept on knocking on all the doors of our neighborhood. He made threatening remarks about a "new CT law requiring solar energy to be place by x year at x percent." He told me that he wasn't trying to sell anything. And then pitched Trinity Solar. He won't stop knocking on my door until I finally told him to never knock again. I already answered the door three times. He even inquired about my neighbors. He and this company are the harassing incarnation of spam in your inbox and telemarketers on your phone lines.

Emrah Altunkaya West Orange, NJ

A guy named Leigjton showed up at my door. He was very polite and introduced himself. I was already interested in solar energy and had to pause my plans 2 years ago when I had to move somewhere else. Now that I was back and the roof was recently done (a healthy roof is required) this was the perfect opportunity. He took some pictures on his ipad. During the conversations he told me that he went to the High School in our town. When I asked more specific questions then he told me, he went to school somewhere else but came back for a year then went somewhere else again. At the time I didn’t suspect they were all lies, but now I realize that they are trained to look and sound sympathatic to the customers by trying to look local or share common grounds, support same team etc. anyways they he made an appointment for a 2nd visit. He came with a guy he called himsef Ray. By the way no business cards etc even after I asked for it. Now I suspect these are not their real names as well. They came with a contract and tried to make me sign it right there. When I started to read, they told me ‘nobody reads them anyways’. Interestingly the contract was under my wife’s name and I told them I couldn’t sign on her behalf they told me ‘it’s just electronic signature’. I told them that it is a felony. Then they called a few numbers to have my name added as well which they did. They told me it was OK if ine of us signed it. They put a 3 day cancellation period. I told them it was too short and literally changed that to 7 days. I was late to my other meeting and I signed the contract thinking I had 7 days to review and cancel. I did this because I was hyped up about solar and if it was good I already took care of the first step and if not I could cancel it. After my other meeting, I came home and expected them to have emailed me a copy of the contract I signed on his laptop. None. I got suspicious and then searched the internet for Sunnova which is the main solar company that finances all the project and manages finances afterwards- as far as I understood. Trinity, as they claimed, does the installation as the ‘contractor’. I have seen so many negative reviews and some went through similar steps. Then I realized that these guys were con artists and they get you hooked up and then play with you. I decided to cancel. Next day on Saturday April 21st I texted Leighton to email me my copy of the contract I sign. He was telling me that the contract is not active until the financial agreement witj sunnova also clears. That is not the contract language says. All lies. Every promise is verbal, but every legal binding term is written. BEWARE. He reluctantly emailed me. And I realized that the contract was 3 days back-dated and remember that they put 3 days to cancel which I changed to 7 days. So, their plan was the moment I signed it, it was too late to cancel. Then as per the language of the contract they can send you bills. They can claim thousands of $$ for preparation of crappy google earth picture of your roof with solar panels and their visits etc. all to pressure you to keep the contract. Their website has no email posted anywhere, but at least I had Leighton’s email. I send him a cancellation notice, a page in the contract by law has the language for cancellation. Then I mailed a certified copy with return receipt, to the mailing address provided. I hope they do not appear nowhere near my property again. This is the worst kind of company I had to deal with and I am hoping that I am out of the woods with the part of that contract I signed which was a very stupid mistake on my part. DON’T REPEAT MY MISTAKE. DON’T EVEN SIGN ANYTHING.

Ricky B Howell Township, NJ

My experience from top to bottom Was great! My sales rep was there from top to bottom! Install crew was very professional! Would recommend them to Anyone!

Rick Monson, MA

The sales kid Ethan R. was polite and knowledgeable he was professional. And answered all my questions no problem. The installers are great guys as well.

Suzy West Babylon, NY

In reading these reviews I agree, find a different company. Their Support system is terrible! I have been trying to get my problem solved for the last 3 months via emails. They finally called me, home phone during working hours, so I did not get to speak to him directly till I called back. Of course it was a Friday so I couldn't speak to anyone till after the new year. Finally they went remotely onto my system and say it is not working efficiently. Duh! Why didn't they do that in the first place? Not happy with them at all. I will review again after they check out my panels tomorrow! STAY AWAY FROM TRINITY!!

Francis E. Moore Lunenburg, MA

After my experience with Trinity, I'm surprised that their rating is as high as 26th, I expected it to be lower. I only went with Trinity because I personally knew someone who worked for the company. I didn't expect any kind of a deal, but thought I would get accurate information, advice, and good customer service. At the time I made my decision, Trinity's lowest reviews were for poor customer service and lack of communication and company representatives returning customer calls. I my case repeated emails, phone calls, and text messages went unanswered, even by the employee I thought I knew. So much for friendship. But it didn't stop there. The installation of my system was sub-par at best. Beginning with the time it took to install the system. Four days over a two month period with a fifth because the local building inspector failed the install on his first inspection which required the installation crew to return again. What was really irritating was one of my neighbors had his system installed in one day (a bigger system) and was up and running within 90 days. By the way, my installation crews only worked half a day any time they were here. As a result of all the delays my system was delayed going on-line producing power credits. The installation itself was sloppy. Several of the panel frames were scratched and scraped from dragging them across my roof and cutting the panel rails. I also found a number of gouges in my new roof that required patching. I didn't call Trinity and complain after my many other calls went unanswered and repaired the roof myself. My system is up and running producing power. I've yet to find any other problems with the system or installation but I expect to. Bottom line, stay any from this company. Pay attention to the on-line reviews and never, ever, rely on friendships when it comes to this kind of an investment. Twenty-sixth? They should be last.