Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Darsi

June 15th, 2018 Easton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason G. and the entire staff at Trinity Solar made this entire process enjoyable and the end result is an absolute no-brainer! Why isn’t there solar on every house??

Marisa

June 15th, 2018 Dracut, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dan L. came over our house to introduce himself and to give us his information and to let us know to contact him if we needed anything. He was very professional and friendly we were very impressed

Brosset s

June 15th, 2018 Stratford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason G. was my sale representative he did the best he can to explain everything to me, so far so good with the system.

Joan DeGregorio

June 14th, 2018 Burlington, NJ

It was a pleasure to work with Trinity Solar on this project. Trinity kept us informed every step of the way. Their workers listened and accomplished our concerns. They were prompt, neat and cleaned up after themselves. Trinity established a concierge connection that was very helpful. They kept in touch and answered all of our questions. Jamie S. and Alex H. were excellent in their customer service.

Nadine Allen

June 14th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity solar is a great company. I was very happy i decide to go solar. Ray R. was a god sent, he was very informative, he explains the whole works and now just like he said l started seeing where am saving on my electric.

Katie Hanna

June 14th, 2018 Grafton, MA

I received great service throughout the process. The representative who explained the process was very informative and made the process understandable. I would recommend Trinity as a solar company to others interested in getting solar panels installed. The work crew that installed my panels were also very good!

Jennifer Calendrelli

June 13th, 2018 East Haven, CT

Alexis S. was very helpful and was able to answer all the questions we had he was very resourceful and never left a questioned unanswered he was very respectful and professional...

Edwin K AKYEA

June 13th, 2018 Randolph, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience with installation of solar panels on my roof.

Christine

June 12th, 2018 Milford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason G. made everything easy to understand and he is a pleasure to work with! I have already recommended for close friends who are also going solar.

Jacelyn

June 9th, 2018 Springfield, MA

Ray R was very informative and helpful step by step recommend him highly

Rory levine

June 9th, 2018 Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

The crew started working at 800 am and finished at 430 p.m.the crew worked their tail off the entire day.the job came out great and they were pleasant guys to deal with. Trinity also has the best district manager in the land Craig groenwald.

Jay

June 7th, 2018 Cheshire, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason G. went above and beyond in every way! The grant program is an absolute no-brainer so we have recommended Jason to both friends and family and will continue to do so!!!

John Hannigan

June 7th, 2018 Bellmawr, NJ

Installers worked thru a snow storm, walking all over our roof, to complete installation. I'm not sure why it could not have been postponed for a less dangerous day because we were not "up and running" for about 90 days after the installation. Communication between us and Trinity Solar always went well. We have asked for someone (salesman? tech?) to stop by our home and explain how to read the meter and are waiting to hear back yet.

Milagros Rodriguez

June 5th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was explained thoroughly, Ray R. answered all of my questions in great detail. I love the fact that all of my phone calls were returned promptly. Hopefully Trinity Solar can help my daughter go solar.

Joseph Hudak, Jr.

June 4th, 2018 Whiting, NJ

Everything was fine until installation which was performed illegally with out proper construction permits. After waiting for the municipal inspection for 6 weeks I (the homeowner) inquired of the Building dept as to when we could expect inspection for approval. That's when it all went downhill. Trinity Solar still (6 weeks after install) had not picked up the construction or electrical permits or paid the required $571.00 for same. When I pressed Trinity my calls went to voicemail and were not returned and eventually the customer service contact no longer was employed at Trinity. Went through several other people and got no response. I (the homeowner) instructed the building dept of the town to put them in violation even though that would include me. None of this was any of my fault. I demanded Trinity to remove the install as it was done without proper permits. One more month of delays and no call backs from voicemails I left. Until the end of April when Trinity finally paid for and picked up the permits. The city was right on top of the inspection process and did that in 3 days time. approving both construction and electrical. Now Trinity says it's up to JCP&L to swap out the meter and we have to wait for them. The end of May (yet another four weeks-one month shot) and I (the homeowner) called JCP&L about the swap out and they informed me it was done two weeks ago and a letter of approval was sent to Trinity Solar. I had even received an emailed copy. At this time I had spoken three times to colleen M. at Trinity who tried to assure me she would helpm and get us up and running. While explaining to Colleen that JCP&L had emailed the approval two weeks ago she told me that the person addressed on the email no longer was employed at Trinity either. That person left and no one checked that computer for any emails. In 2 days and 4 phone calls Colleen M. accomplished what no one at Trinity was able to do in 4 months. A $67,000.00 system sat on my roof for 4 months accomplishing nothing for no one. It didn't benefit me, Trinity, or SunRun electric Co or the Earth for that matter. I doubt that I or any one would ever see any possible $500.00 referral credit quoted from day should we ever referr some one for solar to Trinity. Trinity does not seem to know what customer service is. They also seem to have a high rate of employee turn over. Gee isn't that ironic? A sad state of affairs when you are dealing with such high stakes and dollar figures. I hope no one ever asks where I got my solar from as I do not want to recommend Trinity at all. If you deal with Trinity ask to speak to Colleen M...she seems to know her job and how to perform it.

Angel Torres

June 2nd, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ray R. was the rep that came to our place and explained everything thoroughly and clearly. He worked with us with patience and answered all our questions, convincing us to get the system and now we love it and wouldn’t go back! Thanks to Trinity for being a good panel company!!! Much appreciated!!

Nelson Otero

June 1st, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a very pleasant experience working with Ray R. , Cause in other Occasion different Companies had tried to get my business but were too persistent And Pushy... So far I’ve had a wonderful Experience with The Trinity Solar Company.

Victor Sanchez

June 1st, 2018 Springfield, MA

Ray R. was very courteous and concise in explaining the solar program to myself and my wife. Our system looks good and it’s already on. Thank you Trinity Solar.

Dean Picone

June 1st, 2018 Washington, NJ

Trinity Solar has been a great experience from start to finish. Everyone from sales, customer service and installation have been very professional and friendly through out the entire process. The installation took 2 days and all inspections were scheduled within 2 weeks of completion. Looking forward to saving money on my bill when the system is turned on.

Frank E Hartman Jr

May 31st, 2018 Stratford, NJ

The sales representative was very knowledgeable and courteous with no pressure to buy. The installation crew did a very good job of installing my system efficiently. I am very happy with how the panels and equipment is installed. I was kept up to date on all fazes of the project from scheduling, installation and start up.

Claudia Ellis

May 28th, 2018 Brewster, MA

I thought a long time about getting solar panels then when I met Derek from Trinity Solar I knew the time was right. It is very affordable and will probably end up saving me money. Each and every one that I met from this company was a pleasure to deal with. They were all very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Derek was my go-to guy for any questions and always got back to me promptly. I would highly recommend this company to anyone considering solar panels. Nothing nicer than watching the electric meter run backwards!

Michelle Laroche

May 26th, 2018 Tarrytown, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I worked with Shana to get solar. She was helpful in following up during the process and let me know what to expect. Our system is producing our electric now, and it feels good to be having such an impact on our environment and to save money at the same time. I recommend both Trinity and our solar rep Shana.

Ken Smith

May 25th, 2018 Southington, CT

A salesman (Jim P) came to our door and asked if I was aware of the solar power option (not in those exact words). I explained I had been approached a number of times and the price was prohibitive. He explained the arrangement with Trinity and I was very much interested. He was not pushy (which would have been a deal breaker) and simply asked if I was interested in finding out more. His follow-up was timely and the whole experience followed the steps he explained in the time frame he provided. All the parties that I had direct contact with were friendly, including the phone contact. Jim followed up several times to insure the process was going smoothly (which I greatly appreciated) and he was even available after the process was completed to respond to a question I had.

Wendy Davis

May 25th, 2018 Villas, NJ

Everyone at Trinity was very helpful & informative. Tasia kept us updated on the status of our installation & Chris was very knowledgeable about our requirements & very helpful in assisting us in creating our online accounts.

Stephanie McNeilly

May 25th, 2018 Pennsville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went well, was always informed of every step. The installers were nice and very professional.

Megan

May 25th, 2018 Buzzards Bay, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do use subcontractors. Its not always an in house crew (MA). Very poor management & customer service.

S Davies

May 25th, 2018 Bolton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brian was easy to work with as he explained the process and benefits of the solar installation. It all came together smoothly over the next month or two and our electric bill is less than half of what it was. Highly recommend.

LOIS BARDECK

May 25th, 2018 New Britain, CT

The service people, who installed the panels, where very nice. Courteous, did a great job, answered any questions I had. Dale Salesman was very nice, in answering any concerns. The electrictions were also very informative,. Over all I was very pleased. Would recommend to everyone.

John Titus

May 24th, 2018 Plainfield, NJ

No pressure sales discussions, clear and definitive process, timelines and cost were all clearly spelled out. Trinity has demonstrated tremendous follow up thus far. All questions and issues are quickly resolved and explained

Roger Simon

May 24th, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

May 22, 2018 I am writing a review about Ethan R., a young man, who is helping us enter the world of solar energy through “Trinity Solar” (the company he works for). We were so impressed with him as a representative of his company, because he was so well informed, delightfully energetic, well-mannered, and pleasant to be with. If these were his only qualities, that would have been more than we would expect. But Ethan sported a work ethic I have not seen in people his age. He certainly seems to be well-placed in the field of sales, though I think he has skills that not only support the area of sales he is in, solar energy, but he is also degreed from a prestigious University in that field. So, what Ethan is selling is solar energy which is supported by a degree in that field. However, he could easily slip into the engineering aspects of that field, contracting, or in the scientific research end of things. Because of his gentle manner and his well-developed social skills, rapport seemed to be built so easily. He connected with us and we with him. He is definitely a people person. We not only found him to know his field, to know the products he was selling, but he also had the social skills, good manners, and the unobtrusive energy to help us through the technicalities of purchasing solar panels. Ethan also was prepared to discuss the economic aspects and work with us to find answers to questions about what we were doing, which required him to research answers and come back to us several different times. He went the distance with us. When the sale was complete, we felt we knew what we were getting into. Once we were transferred to the installation division of the company, Ethan continues to stop by our home, from time to time, to see how we were being treated by the people who will be completing the project. Now, this is service with a smile! And yes! Ethan really does smile! Roger & Rhanee Simon Longmeadow, Massachusetts

Peter Potamianos

May 23rd, 2018 Manchester, CT

I find Trinity Solar a very able company. These people know their business.

Gary Brown

May 22nd, 2018 Waterbury, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Doug is fantastic. Knowledgable and a pleasure to work with

James Abbott

May 22nd, 2018 Somerdale, NJ

My review is based upon the outstanding representative from your company, Stephanie M , she was very knowledgeable and explained everything from how the system works and all the way through the design process. The installation crew work quickly and very efficient, from initial setup to cleanup.

Amy Shaw

May 22nd, 2018 Naugatuck, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Sales rep Doug was great. Explained everything to me and no pressure. It was an easy to understand experience. They we're flexible with me for installation and constant communication via email and phone kept me informed.

Michael Toro

May 22nd, 2018 North Brunswick, NJ

The gentleman that came out and installed the panels were professional, had a wealth of knowledge, listened to my concerns, spoke clearly of how the system works and cleaned up very well. Outstanding work

Ann-Marie Medeiros

May 22nd, 2018 Somerset, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BAIT AND SWITCH! Sales person will sell you a bunch of lies!!! Do not agree to anything until you have recieved a complete contract and have reviewed it in it's entirety!!!

Allysia Nanfito

May 21st, 2018 Wolcott, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Courteous installers . They cleaned up after work and were understanding about any concerns of mine. My sales associate was kind, helpful and knowledgeable .

George Galullo

May 21st, 2018 Waterbury, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity install us 3 years ago. We have saved more money each year. There was a small leak this year and Trinity came out within 1 day and fixes I, at no cost. Everyone was helpful.

Ed Rice

May 21st, 2018 Winsted, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The installation and sales person did a terrific job.

PM

May 19th, 2018 West Babylon, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anyone looking to go solar Trinity of Hauppauge has goto be your choice. The team installed 42 solar panels on our house with no interference to us. After they had it up and running the team went above and beyond the call of duty and solved an electrical problem that we had trouble we had for years. Thank you Richie G, Jorge and Trinity Solar of Hauppauge, LI

John Daddio

May 19th, 2018 Middletown, CT

Doug was very nice and had a great experience The installation went well and in a timely manner

Erica Osmond

May 17th, 2018 Cassville, NJ

Extremely professional installers. They work efficiently and neat.

Chris johnson

May 16th, 2018 Hanover, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company to work with. Cost me nothing to get started . Now I am paying less for my power and helping the environment without any investment or liabilities with that come with solar

Donald Fournier

May 15th, 2018 Easthampton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hi, I'm Don. I like to you that Jeff G and the crew of trinity that did the installation was amazing. They had everything up and ready to go in no time. Trinity sent out a tec. yesterday for start up and it is running. We are very happy with the great job They all did. We will be sure to let people know and meet of Jeff G and his crew. They all did a great job. Thanks again

Linda schlucht

May 14th, 2018 Toms River, NJ

Professional, couteous, clean and very respectful of the fact that i was working from home.

David chavez

May 14th, 2018 Manchester, CT

Joshua K was great. He came into my home and with a no pressure sales approach was extrely personable and took the time to explain everything! Bells sales person I have come in contact with

Charlotte Peters

May 14th, 2018 Trenton, NJ

Our sales man was a wonderful young man who answered all our question and helped us with every step. My problem is with the waiting process it took six months to have it turned on

Justine Herring

May 12th, 2018 Feeding Hills, MA

Phillip G made the decision to switch to solar really easy and smooth.. I have recommended him and the company to family and friends.

Ed Busser

May 12th, 2018 Williamstown, NJ

Salesman was knowledgeable and went over options that made me feel comfortable. Install team was great. Again knowledgeable and kept me in the loop on what they were doing. Very respectful

Chad Gumlaw

May 11th, 2018 Monson, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phillip G was my salesman he was very helpful and answered all my questions. They were great! Very fast, left everything clean,and their panels look very nice installed. Did an awesome job and I will definitely be recommending them!