Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 Sungevity chevron_right
#2 Sunrun chevron_right
3.6
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.5

Rebecca Miller
May 5th, 2016 Washington, DC

I don't know what some of those reviews are going off of. Maybe the salesperson working for them had issues because our salesperson Sam has working VERY hard to be prompt and invoke us in every step of our process. We didn't even have to ask when things were coming next, they just let us know. He told us ahead of time that the process would take 4-6 months depending on a number of factors. Which is understandable. He has ALWAYS been patient with our questions and has made going solar so easy. I'm glad I chose to work with a company who stands with such a positive mission. Everyone that I've spoken to that works for this company has been super transparent about what's happening. Definitely look into this company!! They really care about the customer, and if you look at the competition they literally run laps around them. From the installation to the warranties. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR WARRANTIES. they take care of more than their fair share. Also they happen to be the cheapest price around. We've seen a decrease in the bill. Love and highly recommend Trinity Solar! God, People, then money.

Melissa
April 21st, 2016 Saugus, MA

Thankfully I haven't signed up for anything having to do with this company. I've heard plenty of nightmares. I totally understand that it probably sucks trying to sell something door to door. The guys that showed up to my house were not friendly or prepared. After nicely refusing to the salesmen that I did not want anything (not that he offered anything), I received a definition of solar power and a regulation from National Grid. Sorry, trying to belittle a customer that is educated and owns a big home in a nice neighborhood will not increase sales. Good luck.

Bill Tierno
April 13th, 2016 Voorhees, NJ

After waiting about a month, we finally had our inspection scheduled, only to have their rep show up two & a half hours late. The local inspector could not hang around. Now I don't know when I will get my re-inspecting. I hear that some people have waited 3 months for the panels to be turned on. This was after the panels were installed early.

Eagle fly
March 31st, 2016 Wakefield, MA

Trinity Solar has a contract with us. We were excited and waiting for the install, and then they called and cancelled the install. They said that the price quoted in the contract was too cheap and they were not going to honor it. We still have the contract but they don't care. They won't install unless we agree to set a higher price. This company is dishonest! The worst part is that we had another company bidding for the job. And Trinity solar "won". So we lost the price for the other company too. We also have the bidding of the other company. We have everything to prove that what I am say

Daine
February 23rd, 2016 Pleasantville, NJ

We have had trinity solar for well over a year, might be 2. My husband did a lot of research before going to solar. Service was the best and they contact us if something goes wrong, worry free system. I would highly suggest using! Oh, the bills are slightly better then expected.

Charles Loveland
February 9th, 2016 Woodbury, NJ

Trinity just gives you a runaround 4 months gone by still not working they don't get back to you i emailed management never got back to me the house next to me they were installed 3 weeks after me they changed the meter i called electric co they don't have paperwork to change the meter called the office in wall nj they said they were going to send paper to sign in 2 minutes did not get anything not even a phone call they told 3 weeks ago that the meter would be charged between 5 to 10 days that never happened i don't renamed this co. Thay can take them off my roof and put my house back the way it was i will be contacting some one to make a complaint this is bull shit do not trust them they get their money when job is done consumer get the shafted you just get the runabout.

Bill Bill
January 12th, 2016 Fall River, MA

You might notice a lot of one star reviews. There is a reason the company is disorganized.They have the worst customer service ever!The problem with Trinity is the customer service (disservice) people. My System was installed in late July but was not running til late October because of Trinty Mess up after mess up. They failed to return calls, damaged my property, reported the wrong meter to the electric company. They promised to do something because of the wrong things they did and failed to fulfill there promise. I filled a complaint with the BBB after all these delays and lost paperwork all of sudden showed up. Do yourself a favor and choose a different company, that is better with service, installs and responds to its customers needs.

Cindy
January 8th, 2016 Southington, CT

Excellent company. I was referred by a ftiend who loves his system as well. They promised installation in 90 days and installed exactly on time. All the installion of panels was work done in one day. The process involves state and power company approval. Leasing company approval if you lease. Trinity brought this all together and on time. Great job!!

paula
December 18th, 2015 Watertown, MA

The workers that did the actual install were excellent . very polite and neat.Also the salesperson Anthony was the best.Answered alll my questions than some..always went the extra mile..

Joe
December 15th, 2015 Colchester, VT

I had Trinity Solar install system at my house, Tim was my sales man, he did a great job explaining my to options, he said it didn't matter to Trinity which option I choose, because they get paid either way, he explained purchasing gives you the biggest savings over time, as long as you can afford it. Which after SREC and tax credit takes 7 to 8 years if you take a loan thru them. I install a large system at my house 11,250 KW, Tim said it would take 90 days from when I signed the agreement. which was 5- 18- 2015, they started the install on 8-19-2015.Did a real nice net job no conduits all over the roof like you see om many installs. The system was up and running 3 weeks later, mostly waiting for town electrical inspector and NGRID to install the reverse meter. I bought the system and saw immediate savings. first mouth had a $15,00 credit, last mouth bill was $38,00. so paid $23.00 total, plus I will receive the SREC money every 1/4. My bills were anywhere from $290.00 to $160.00 a mouth, So I'll have the system paid off in 5.5 years, I used my own money didn't take loan,after that it's money in the bank! I recommended them to my father, who is retired, so he didn't want to purchase the system, He went with the PPA 0%, and his system was installed even quicker 30 days! I don't know what these people giving bad reviews are talking about, when they say Trinity isn't a good company or doesn't deliver on what they promise. What I think is happening, they are Fake reviews from Trinity competitors spreading lies and to scare customers away. In my book they are two for two! Oh one other thing, because I recommend them and my dad, they sent me a check for $1,000.00 even before he had system installed!! you get that if you recommend them to anyone and they install the solar system thru them.

Hilary
September 30th, 2015 Jackson, NJ

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRINITY. I did research on the companies available, and found Trinity to be top rated. The other companies did not have as many east coast installs, and the fact they were a local family owned company really sold me. I am not really sure what Victor below is talking about. I was told this process would take me 4-6 months from start to finish and they were right on point. There weren't any hidden agendas, the people I worked with there were extremely helpful. I never had such a good experience with any contractors. Also, in regards to John's comment below, I was given two options a PPA with a 0% esc., but also to purchase. I went with purchase for obvious reasons of the benefits of owning AND MONITORING my own system, but I know personally Trinity offers a 0% esc. I asked a lot of questions before agreeing and my representative was patient and willing to answer them all.

Megan
September 28th, 2015 Hightstown, NJ

We decided not to go solar at this time and when we cancelled we were harassed and it took MONTHS to get our deposit back!

Beatrice Perry
September 28th, 2015 Everett, MA

Trinity Solar did an outstanding job with my install. We were installed in less than the quoted time of 45 days. In fact we were installed in less than 30 days and were up and running in 43 days to be exact . The salesman Chris was informative, always answered my calls and responded to any and all questions me and my husband had. Excellent company! Great customer service. I have seen some reviews on here that are not the same experience I had , I don't know where they are located but here in Massachusetts we had a gray experience. They had the best rates and the quickest turnaround of any company that we talked to. Definitely recommend this company. The referral program they have is incredible as well.

Sarah Carrelas
September 28th, 2015 New York, NY

We have had our solar panels on for over 6 months now and they have been up and running for about 3 months. Our salesman Chris was great and answered all of our questions promptly and honestly. The installation was done in one day and the panels look great.

victor
September 11th, 2015 Newark, NJ

hi solar friends as you know this has been going on since April and its almost mid September they are a really bunch of liars from sales to customer service they pass the buck to everyone else they no longer take my phone calls. I have to use other people to call them. Where I get the same answer, we waiting for the proper documents to send to my local utility company. for final inspection. Which is not happening, because their black balling me. Because of my nice reviews. Please do yourself a favor and don't get involved with this company. Because you will be sorry like me. Please refer to trinity solar face book page & look at comments under Victor. I'm not able to post ant reviews about this nightmare. Trinity solar is the bottom of the barrel.

Victor
September 9th, 2015 Hightstown, NJ

Yes solar people, it's after labor day and we are still not turned on. The incompetent workers there didn't send the information to the local utility company. They are no longer taking my call and I try to reach them every day. They know my number. This has been going on since April. Don't ever use this company. They won't be in business much longer. I hope I get it by Christmas for my Christmas lights. I'll keep you posted.

John
August 31st, 2015 New York, NY

this company steals the profits and leaves the customer with the bag. AVOID THIS COMPANY... I interviewed with them and believe me they are out to rip the customer off so much I had to resign before starting. Go with a company without a price escalator and no PPA. You'll thank me later.

Karim Sadeghpour
August 17th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

I initially signed up with Trinity solar because they promise cheaper energy and "outstanding customer service." However, since signing a contract with them, all I can say is everything they promise their consumers is anything but truth, terrible customer service and they change the rate after I signed the contract, and I called several times they kept lying to me, my HOA is complaining and they did not take care of that. Do not do any business with this company.

Marcia MacInnis
August 5th, 2015 Mashpee, MA

We contracted with Trinity last November and went live this past February. We couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the installation, customer service or results. We are saving money with our solar system and as retirees, appreciate the fixed cost. I think the summary above needs to be updated. Trinity offers a terrific online monitoring service.

CheryleGuerin
August 4th, 2015 Beverly, MA

Spencer, a salesperson for this company has little regard for people's time and assumes a lack of intelligence for homeowners as well. Though we were very busy when he pulled into our driveway we invited him into our home to "just take a look" at our electric bill and get a picture of our electric panel after which he promised to make an appointment for another date to actually discuss the possibility of solar. Once inside he crammed his entire sales pitch down our throats for over an hour before taking the pics. He kept insisting we would be saving as much as 85% off our electric bill. The pamphlet he offered indicated that we would be paying 12 cents per KWH to Trinity. He also claimed we were currently paying 24 cents to National Grid. He also indicated this would be on "up to" 85% of our bill. I kept trying to point out that his numbers didn't seem to add up but he insisted he'd explain it better at the next meeting so I'd understand. First, Natl Grids rates are tiered ,we do not pay 24 cents for every KWH. Even if we were paying this much for all our electric, that would only amount to a 50% savings on "up to" 85% of the bill. He said we were also paying much more than any of our non solar neighbors , as much as a Chinese Restaurant." Not correct. I emailed Spence that evening after talking with neighbors and again after talking with others in my neighborhood including those who'd recently had solar installed by Boston Solar who Spence claimed were subbed out by Trinity. That was only correct in one of three cases. He never responded to my emails. Tonight 15 minutes after he was scheduled to arrive I called his cell. He did not apologize for being late and informed me he was having a busy day bit was on his way. Fifteen to twenty minutes he said. As I was ending the call he spoke an address. I infoprmed him that was not my address after much checking he insisted our appoint was for a different day. He was standing next to me when I wrote the appointment on my calendar after much discussion, because my days are also busy. The date he claimed was not one I was even available. Then he offered to "come by later" like 9PM? When I said that wouldn't work his response was "Guess we're not the company for you". Guess so. I prefer honest well informed folks who keep their commitments.

Victor Wroblak
July 30th, 2015 Hightstown, NJ

BEWARE OF TRINITY SOLAR they are quick to sign you up, But not so quick with the rest of the service. Numerous phone calls. I signed for solar in April and now it's almost August and it is still not connected. FED UP with the runaround. I was told we were waiting on the township and they informed me we failed two previous inspections... Maybe we'll have the system turned on by December when not needed. Look for another company.

Dan Puckett
July 13th, 2015 Severn, MD

Helpful background on this company. We are considering this as a possible option to help reduce our energy costs. Owning it is not a viable option, but would consider other options.