Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Bill White

September 21st, 2018 Atco, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very pleased with Trinity Solar. Chris warned me up front that there was going to be a delay after the panels were installed. The install was on 7/11/18. The panels were turned on 9/11/18. I found the salesman, installers & customer service top notch. I'm waiting for our first electric bill to come in. That will be the real sign as to the savings I was promised.

Oct 17, 2018

Hi Bill, thanks so much for sharing your solar experience! It's wonderful to hear that things went well and the expectations were set accurately. The system may take a little time to store up energy, especially if we haven't had much sun, so keep an eye on those bills over the next few months and give us a call if you have any questions.

matthew m volpe

September 19th, 2018 Deer Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity Solar's installation went well; however my PSEG rates have gone up in addition to the base charge of $217.00 monthly I pay thru Sonova.

Oct 23, 2018

Hi Matthew, I believe you have been working with a representative to help evaluate all of your electric bills and were able to confirm that you have indeed been saving on your electric bill. Thank you for letting us know that the installation was a success!

Gisele Balzer

September 6th, 2018 Ledyard Center, CT

How come you don't post your phone number so we can call have not used your product so I just gave a one star, but I really don't know

Sep 13, 2018

Hi Gisele, thank you for pointing that out! It isn't a standard option when you register with Best Company, but upon your request, we are working to have our phone number added to our information. You can call us at 877-SUN-SAVES. I hope you will consider contacting us! We'd love the opportunity to make that 1 star a 5 star!

Scott Gardner

August 29th, 2018 Carver, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I worked with Derek V on getting set up for solar. He was very professional and helped us to understand what size system we needed we were able to choose from 2 different size designs, which he did not try to push the larger one, we only discussed it when I brought up the potential to go larger. He has remained extremely helpful with answering questions after installation that I have had. OverAll was a great experience to deal with.

Sep 13, 2018

We are so glad that you had a positive experience and appreciate that you took the time to share it! Enjoy your solar savings!

Oscar

August 22nd, 2018 Goldsboro, PA

Young man came to my door. So happened my wife and i spoke of solar power just a day ago. Thought the timing was perfect. So, set up my appt for Saturday at 430, to get a deal done for solar. No one showed up or called to schedule another day or time. Not a good impression. Still looking for a company, but am definitely not including Trinity Solar in my research.

Sep 13, 2018

Hi Oscar, I'm so sorry that happened. There must have been a communication problem between the field and the office regarding your appointment. That is certainly not standard practice and if you haven't found another company to meet your needs yet, or would like to comparison shop, please contact us at 877-SUN-SAVES. I promise we will get it right next time!

Sharon Ziter

August 21st, 2018 Dalton, MA

The crew was very personable, polite, considerate, and professional. The sales person Aaron L was very informative explained things very well no matter how many times I questioned him. Aaron was very professional and courteous. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Sep 13, 2018

Much appreciated, Sharon! Your vote of confidence means a lot!

Frank DeGiacomo,M.D.

August 16th, 2018 Norwell, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity Solar is the fourth company I’ve had propose solarvfor my home. From Super sales guy Jim D to super installation crew Nick, Matt, Austin, Kevin, and Tom, to super final inspector Eddie, Trinity was incredibly excellent, dedicated, skilled, informative.... and did everything they promised even better than they promised. Of all the companies that have worked on my home, none have been as expert and professional and friendly. After three shady experiences with other solar companies , I am amazingly pleased with every aspect of the project. And Jim D was available at all times, answering my questions and making sure things went on track. I recommend Trinity Solar 100%.

Aug 17, 2018

Frank, thank you for sharing the install experience with us. We are proud of our crews and sales team and happy that you got the best treatment. Welcome to the solar family and that you will begin to have years of energy savings.

Diane Gale

August 13th, 2018 Southwick, MA

NOTE: We are well-versed in solar installation and pricing, so this review is not based on ignorance of pricing structures and incorrect expectations. Trinity Solar is NOT transparent in their pricing and will not provide a breakdown of their pricing. Their pricing was more than 2 times the other 6 comprehensive quotes that we received. They offer a Production Guarantee, but it is clear that they insure this internally by including that hedge in their pricing to every single customer. They did not advise us of financing options available to us that we ABSOLUTELY qualified for through the state (they did cover federal and state tax incentives, however.) They ONLY steered us to their own associated financing leg and NO OTHER whether we discussed leasing or buying the system. Every installer quotes an estimated annual production. This is what Trinity bases their Production Guarantee on. When we discussed the leasing option, the production guaranteed was 11,000+ annual watts. When we changed to a purchase, all of a sudden the annual production for EXACTLY THE SAME SYSTEM dropped to 10,000 annual watts (more than 10% drop in guaranteed production simply because we change the method of PAYING FOR IT. NOT POSSIBLE, and the only explanation provided was, "that's just the way the pricing is". That says they build in excess profits and hedges in their pricing, and they clearly make less money on a straight up purchase than a gouging 25 year lease, so they reduce the guarantee basis. Everything was smooth and cordial until we started delving into the analytics and questioning these details. Then the salesperson became abusive and insulting. Steer clear of this one.

Darlene Hammond

July 25th, 2018 Howell Township, NJ

Overall, the people are friendly and professional, however the process of getting the system up and running took too long.

Nov 05, 2018

Hi Darlene, I'm glad you were satisfied with your solar experience overall, but I understand that waiting on the required township and utility approvals put a damper on it for you. But now you've got years of solar savings ahead of you! So congratulations, your patience will pay off!

Mark

July 19th, 2018 Harrisburg, PA

Representative was supposed to come on Thursday at 6 o’clock and the person never showed up or called. Thanks for wasting my time.

Mr. & Mrs. William Bombard

July 7th, 2018 Florence, MA

Jeff G was our sales representative. He answered all our questions and didn't make any promises that he or Trinity could not deliver on. He came back two additional times to clear up any doubts and questions we still had. The instalation went flawlessly and was even completed before expected due date.

Feb 25, 2020

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Bombard. We're glad to hear you had a fantastic experience with Trinity Solar. Please recommend us!

Mark

July 4th, 2018 Pittsfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My salesperson from Trinity was Phil G. He was awesome! Friendly, respectful, professional, and knowledgeable are just a few words I can use to describe him. It has been almost a year since I first met him and over six months since my install and he still checks in on me to see how things are going. I think of him more as a good friend than I do as a salesperson. If he couldn't answer a question, he would find the answers for me very quickly. Trinity is very fortunate to have such an asset in their company!

Catherine Riches

July 4th, 2018 Red Lion, PA

Crew arrived on time, were very polite and before they left, cleaned up any debris.

Jamie

June 28th, 2018 Agawam, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing experience! Phillip G was the sales rep that we worked with. We have always been skeptical of Solar but after we met with Phil we were well educated and couldnt wait to get started. Not once did we ever feel pressured, he was real and down to earth! I would highly recommend him and Trinity!!

Rachel Murphy

June 28th, 2018 Feeding Hills, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful! Our agent Phillip G. Helped us with our many questions, met with us until we felt fully informed. Very knowledgeable every step of the way!

Pascal

June 28th, 2018 Bridgeport, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first I thought the program was too good to be true but Jason G. made me a believer he was great from start to finish. I highly recommend Jason and Trinity!!

Cheryl smith

June 28th, 2018 Bernardston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very informative you knew that they were also very passionate about the use of solar. It’s nice knowing that you don’t have to have any money upfront and that we are saving money every month. Also it’s feels nice to know you are doing good for the environment.

Ed

June 28th, 2018 Agawam, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phil G from Trinity Solar came to our house and was very patient and understanding of our situation and waited until we were ready to make the switch over to solar. He is very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and addressed all of our concerns. After several months with dealing with us we signed up. Trinity was very flexible and worked around our schedule for the installation. My wife has health issues and that was very important to us. We are happy with the savings we are now seeing and know that Trinity will stand behind their product. I would recommend Trinity Solar to anyone looking to switch over to solar.

Brett Drago

June 26th, 2018 Shelton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jason G. was wonderful from start to finish. Very attentive to all of my concerns. I would highly recommend Jason and Trinity.

Chuck Morrison

June 25th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

RAY R. was superb in helping me go solar, the attention to the detail was second to none. Go Trinity SOLAR!

Marion O’Brian

June 25th, 2018 Monson, MA

Ethan R. had a wonderful solar presentation and was very knowledgeable and kind. He went the extra mile to help my family understand the program and it’s many benefits. My niece talked to the prior owner and found that the roof is 20 years old and now and I dont want to go solar until I can afford a new roof.

John McKenna

June 25th, 2018 Bantam, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very pleased with my experience. Solar panels have been operating for about two months and the savings has substantial so far. Trinity was easy to work with during the process of having the system installed. I have been recommending Trinity to friends and work colleagues.

Susan Bishop

June 25th, 2018 Monson, MA

Our representative, Ethan R., answered all of our questions and explained the benefits of solar eloquently. I was happy to recommend Ethan to my friends and acquaintances to help them save money on electric costs.

Ressinia

June 23rd, 2018 East Haven, CT

Alex is very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Everyone I've dealt with at Trinity have been very pleasant and professional.

Michael M.

June 23rd, 2018 East Longmeadow, MA

I am super pleased with Trinity Solar. They have been excellent in each phase of our installation of solar panels. Their sales representative, Ethan R., is outstanding. He left no stone unturned and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with the process and upcoming installation. We are looking forward to working with Ethan and Trinity!

Lucille Barone

June 23rd, 2018 North Haven, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very happy with Trinity, they do beautiful work my last UI bill was $10.04 compared to last year which was over $200.00

robert insley

June 22nd, 2018 Harwich, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

derrick was the key . he explained every thing and didn't rush us.so far we have had no bad surprises .

Roger and June Hagerty

June 22nd, 2018 Gales Ferry, CT

Trinity was our first contact for discussing leasing solar for our home. The marketer was friendly, informative, and very upfront with what the process entailed. They connected us with the other companies involved and the whole process went seamlessly. We are very happy with the whole process and will be contacting them concerning our other house. Thanks very much.

Rhanee T. Simon

June 22nd, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

I would like to say a few words about one of the Trinity salespersons. His name is Ethan M. and I think that he is a perfect representative of the Trinity Solar Brand. He is young and enthusiastic and represents the Trinity mission in a knowledgeable way. He is also caring and dependable. He took the time to educate us about solar energy and has followed up on several requests. He has been available to guide us on every step of the way and he is proving to be like a “family member”. Ethan will be an asset to your company in any area where he is asked to interact with the public.

Marci A. Cohen

June 22nd, 2018 Maynard, MA

The experience was quite positive from the beginning to the end. The only reason why I did not give 5 stars is because when they went up into the attic space, they cracked a bit of the wood that borders the opening to the attic space.

Jean

June 22nd, 2018 Bernardston, MA

Almost all of our experience with Trinity Solar (99%) was spent with Diane C. (energy consultant). There was no limit to the amount of visits she made with my husband and I in order for us to understand how the solar would work. We had many questions and concerns and she was extremely knowledgeable about the product and was able to set our minds at ease.

Cherrie Alexander

June 22nd, 2018 Lynn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loved working with Trinity Solar. Every step, from sales to installation, to activation, was easy. They kept me informed and helped me understand the whole process.

Nichole

June 21st, 2018 Stratford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn’t be more satisfied with Trinity Jason G. was an absolute pleasure and made the whole process painless!!!!

Ellenor

June 21st, 2018 Orange, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From start to finish it was a great experience Jason G. is one of the most patient knowledgeable sales man I’ve ever met my life. Thanks Trinity!!!!

Susan Bishop

June 21st, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

When Ethan M. came to my house to explain his solar program, my partner and I were very interested in looking into solar for our house. It didn't seem possible that we would get the kind of deal that Ethan was describing, however after he explained it, the no cost solar program made a lot of sense. I was happy to send Ethan to my friends and acquaintances so he could help them out too with the awesome Trinity Solar Refferal program.

Peter Vogus

June 21st, 2018 Mashpee, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went smoothly throughout the our solar process, a special thanks to Brian M. who handled all the paperwork and coordination for permits and all that needed to be done.

Joseph & Dorothy Torchia

June 21st, 2018 Toms River, NJ

The service provided by Trinity was extraordinary. They aided side by side in assisting with the required paper work. They took care of all permits and other necessary administrative requirements. The process is a lengthy one, there's no getting around it, but they kept us advised via telephone calls as to where our project was in the timeline. We so pleased with the service and courtesy Trinity provided.

Sallie Baldwin

June 20th, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

Ethan R.'s presentation was insightful, professional, and enthusiastic. He explained in detail how the solar program worked, and how it would help me as an older adult homeowner on a fixed income. Although I unfortunately have too much shade to go Solar, I would recommend Ethan and Trinity Solar to others.

Debbie A Sampson

June 20th, 2018 New Haven, CT

Highly recommend Trinity .my solar consultant (Thorsten B.) was great any question he answered right away and all the guys from installation to electrian to the trench guys.were so nice and polite and cleaned up everything perfectly.if ur looking for a solar company this is the one. Plus I got 2 other people so far to go thru Trinity. And getting more

Richard Pavano

June 20th, 2018 New Britain, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity Solar far exceeded my expectations! Wonderful staff and great customer service. Installation in one day by professional installers. The panels are great and are producing more than I expected.

Joanne Steinbach

June 20th, 2018 Milford, CT

Bob was very good explaining Solar system to us. Installers were neat and professional

Ana Schlager

June 20th, 2018 Norwalk, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had wanted to switch to solar energy the moment it became available and were disappointed when another company rejected our house due to a tree in the front. Trinity Solar’s, Rob M. came out, took pictures of our house and roof and sent them to be evaluated. We were happy to hear the back of our house was fine. Rob has been incredible throughout this process going above and beyond our expectations. He worked around our schedule and it has been the most efficient, expert installation we have ever had. We didn’t have to do anything and the installation crew was exceptional as well. I’m happy to report that our Eversource bill came out to $9.21 in June. I encourage anyone contemplating solar energy to contact Rob M. at Trinity Solar and let him guide you; he will have your best interest at heart and will explain all aspects of solar energy for your consideration.

Laura Higgins

June 20th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company. Brian M. is kind, knowledgeable & follows up to make sure the customer is satisfied. The installation process was fast, clean & these guys know what they're doing. The inspector came out & there was a tiny wire that had been jostled in a rainstorm. The guys came out immediately & fixed the problem. Very polite. Answered any questions I had. Also, I also was able to bother Brian with my questions that even if they seemed silly, he always treats me with respect & made sure I understood everything that was happening. Highly recommend this company & Brian M.

Lloyd Frisher

June 19th, 2018 Englishtown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just had my solar install finalized. The Trinity salesman as well as the entire install crew were professional and all really had my best interests in mind. The crew head worked with me and made sure to address my concerns as I wanted the least intrusive look on my house in terms of inverter location as well as the external piping (which really was kept to a minimum). The whole install felt to me like they were doing work on their own house! They were clean and neat, inside and out. At one point I think I counted 4 Trinity trucks/cars at my house, all with different functions to ensure the proper installation and supervision. I am very pleased with their work. I can't wait for final inspection and turn-on. Only good things to say about the Trinity install process.

Dian Salmon

June 18th, 2018 Windsor, CT

The first day started out with Luke who was very polite, friendly and patient. He explained why he was at my residence and I welcome him. He thoroughly explained to me about Trinity Solar and gave me details of how it works. Two weeks later Cody came to do assessment, and then two weeks later I believe it was Brian who came next to assess again. Overall everything went by so quickly. My solar panel was done and inspected. Currently waiting for my new meter to be installed by my electric company and then I’m good to go. Can’t wait. Thank you Trinity Solar.

Daniel Huntington

June 18th, 2018 Pedricktown, NJ

Trinity as a company lived up to everything they told me they would do for me as a customer. My total time to full operation of our solar system was one week short of 4 months. Most of the delay time was from either my township or the power company. From Paul designing the system to Jesus providing constant updates regarding our progress, Trinity remained professional and responsible.

Matt

June 18th, 2018 Staten Island, NY

My solar panels are getting switched on today!!! This has been a great and easy process. Everything is as advertised. From the first step meeting sales rep, to the installation, to the customer service reps calling and letting us know each step before and after they were done (they handled all of it). We were barely involved but well informed throughout and NOTHING out of pocket. Excited to see my rates go down and more importantly not go up with everyone else’s. Thanks Trinity!!!

Susan maccallum

June 17th, 2018 Marshfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The rep, Brian M., was very helpful. Answered all my questions and very professional. Installers were great- neat and polite. Panels look good and are producing better than expected.

Patricia Spooner

June 16th, 2018 Head of Westport, MA

On time, very professional. Let me know what to expect.

Chloe Kline

June 15th, 2018 Sharon, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been very happy with Trinity. The sales process was very pleasant and informative, and not at all pushy - Steve met with us multiple times and helped us find a solution that fit our needs. Install was a little slow (probably partly due to late spring snow!), but the panels have been up and active for several weeks - they look great, and we’re thrilled to be so far covering all our energy needs with solar!