Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 Sungevity chevron_right
#2 Sunrun chevron_right
3.6
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.5

Nichole
June 25th, 2018 Stratford, CT DETAILS

I couldn’t be more satisfied with Trinity Jason G. was an absolute pleasure and made the whole process painless!!!!

Michael M.
June 25th, 2018 East Longmeadow, MA

I am super pleased with Trinity Solar. They have been excellent in each phase of our installation of solar panels. Their sales representative, Ethan R., is outstanding. He left no stone unturned and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with the process and upcoming installation. We are looking forward to working with Ethan and Trinity!

Ressinia
June 25th, 2018 East Haven, CT

Alex is very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Everyone I've dealt with at Trinity have been very pleasant and professional.

Susan Bishop
June 25th, 2018 Monson, MA

Our representative, Ethan R., answered all of our questions and explained the benefits of solar eloquently. I was happy to recommend Ethan to my friends and acquaintances to help them save money on electric costs.

John McKenna
June 25th, 2018 Bantam, CT DETAILS

Very pleased with my experience. Solar panels have been operating for about two months and the savings has substantial so far. Trinity was easy to work with during the process of having the system installed. I have been recommending Trinity to friends and work colleagues.

Peter Vogus
June 21st, 2018 Mashpee, MA DETAILS

Everything went smoothly throughout the our solar process, a special thanks to Brian M. who handled all the paperwork and coordination for permits and all that needed to be done.

Joseph & Dorothy Torchia
June 21st, 2018 Toms River, NJ

The service provided by Trinity was extraordinary. They aided side by side in assisting with the required paper work. They took care of all permits and other necessary administrative requirements. The process is a lengthy one, there's no getting around it, but they kept us advised via telephone calls as to where our project was in the timeline. We so pleased with the service and courtesy Trinity provided.

Sallie Baldwin
June 21st, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

Ethan R.'s presentation was insightful, professional, and enthusiastic. He explained in detail how the solar program worked, and how it would help me as an older adult homeowner on a fixed income. Although I unfortunately have too much shade to go Solar, I would recommend Ethan and Trinity Solar to others.

Debbie A Sampson
June 21st, 2018 New Haven, CT

Highly recommend Trinity .my solar consultant (Thorsten B.) was great any question he answered right away and all the guys from installation to electrian to the trench guys.were so nice and polite and cleaned up everything perfectly.if ur looking for a solar company this is the one. Plus I got 2 other people so far to go thru Trinity. And getting more

Richard Pavano
June 21st, 2018 New Britain, CT DETAILS

Trinity Solar far exceeded my expectations! Wonderful staff and great customer service. Installation in one day by professional installers. The panels are great and are producing more than I expected.

Lloyd Frisher
June 20th, 2018 Englishtown, NJ DETAILS

Just had my solar install finalized. The Trinity salesman as well as the entire install crew were professional and all really had my best interests in mind. The crew head worked with me and made sure to address my concerns as I wanted the least intrusive look on my house in terms of inverter location as well as the external piping (which really was kept to a minimum). The whole install felt to me like they were doing work on their own house! They were clean and neat, inside and out. At one point I think I counted 4 Trinity trucks/cars at my house, all with different functions to ensure the proper installation and supervision. I am very pleased with their work. I can't wait for final inspection and turn-on. Only good things to say about the Trinity install process.

Ana Schlager
June 20th, 2018 Norwalk, CT DETAILS

We had wanted to switch to solar energy the moment it became available and were disappointed when another company rejected our house due to a tree in the front. Trinity Solar’s, Rob M. came out, took pictures of our house and roof and sent them to be evaluated. We were happy to hear the back of our house was fine. Rob has been incredible throughout this process going above and beyond our expectations. He worked around our schedule and it has been the most efficient, expert installation we have ever had. We didn’t have to do anything and the installation crew was exceptional as well. I’m happy to report that our Eversource bill came out to $9.21 in June. I encourage anyone contemplating solar energy to contact Rob M. at Trinity Solar and let him guide you; he will have your best interest at heart and will explain all aspects of solar energy for your consideration.

Joanne Steinbach
June 20th, 2018 Milford, CT

Bob was very good explaining Solar system to us. Installers were neat and professional

Susan maccallum
June 20th, 2018 Marshfield, MA DETAILS

The rep, Brian M., was very helpful. Answered all my questions and very professional. Installers were great- neat and polite. Panels look good and are producing better than expected.

Chloe Kline
June 18th, 2018 Sharon, MA DETAILS

We have been very happy with Trinity. The sales process was very pleasant and informative, and not at all pushy - Steve met with us multiple times and helped us find a solution that fit our needs. Install was a little slow (probably partly due to late spring snow!), but the panels have been up and active for several weeks - they look great, and we’re thrilled to be so far covering all our energy needs with solar!

Darsi
June 18th, 2018 Easton, CT DETAILS

Jason G. and the entire staff at Trinity Solar made this entire process enjoyable and the end result is an absolute no-brainer! Why isn’t there solar on every house??

Daniel Huntington
June 18th, 2018 Pedricktown, NJ

Trinity as a company lived up to everything they told me they would do for me as a customer. My total time to full operation of our solar system was one week short of 4 months. Most of the delay time was from either my township or the power company. From Paul designing the system to Jesus providing constant updates regarding our progress, Trinity remained professional and responsible.

Dian Salmon
June 18th, 2018 Windsor, CT

The first day started out with Luke who was very polite, friendly and patient. He explained why he was at my residence and I welcome him. He thoroughly explained to me about Trinity Solar and gave me details of how it works. Two weeks later Cody came to do assessment, and then two weeks later I believe it was Brian who came next to assess again. Overall everything went by so quickly. My solar panel was done and inspected. Currently waiting for my new meter to be installed by my electric company and then I’m good to go. Can’t wait. Thank you Trinity Solar.

Patricia Spooner
June 18th, 2018 Head of Westport, MA

On time, very professional. Let me know what to expect.

Matt
June 18th, 2018 Staten Island, NY

My solar panels are getting switched on today!!! This has been a great and easy process. Everything is as advertised. From the first step meeting sales rep, to the installation, to the customer service reps calling and letting us know each step before and after they were done (they handled all of it). We were barely involved but well informed throughout and NOTHING out of pocket. Excited to see my rates go down and more importantly not go up with everyone else’s. Thanks Trinity!!!

Joan DeGregorio
June 15th, 2018 Burlington, NJ

It was a pleasure to work with Trinity Solar on this project. Trinity kept us informed every step of the way. Their workers listened and accomplished our concerns. They were prompt, neat and cleaned up after themselves. Trinity established a concierge connection that was very helpful. They kept in touch and answered all of our questions. Jamie S. and Alex H. were excellent in their customer service.

Brosset s
June 15th, 2018 Stratford, CT

Jason G. was my sale representative he did the best he can to explain everything to me, so far so good with the system.

Marisa
June 15th, 2018 Dracut, MA DETAILS

Dan L. came over our house to introduce himself and to give us his information and to let us know to contact him if we needed anything. He was very professional and friendly we were very impressed

Michael Toro
June 14th, 2018 North Brunswick, NJ

The gentleman that came out and installed the panels were professional, had a wealth of knowledge, listened to my concerns, spoke clearly of how the system works and cleaned up very well. Outstanding work

Edwin K AKYEA
June 14th, 2018 Randolph, MA DETAILS

Great experience with installation of solar panels on my roof.

Jennifer Calendrelli
June 14th, 2018 East Haven, CT

Alexis S. was very helpful and was able to answer all the questions we had he was very resourceful and never left a questioned unanswered he was very respectful and professional...

Katie Hanna
June 14th, 2018 Grafton, MA

I received great service throughout the process. The representative who explained the process was very informative and made the process understandable. I would recommend Trinity as a solar company to others interested in getting solar panels installed. The work crew that installed my panels were also very good!

Nadine Allen
June 14th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS

Trinity solar is a great company. I was very happy i decide to go solar. Ray R. was a god sent, he was very informative, he explains the whole works and now just like he said l started seeing where am saving on my electric.

Christine
June 12th, 2018 Milford, CT DETAILS

Jason G. made everything easy to understand and he is a pleasure to work with! I have already recommended for close friends who are also going solar.

Rory levine
June 12th, 2018 Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

The crew started working at 800 am and finished at 430 p.m.the crew worked their tail off the entire day.the job came out great and they were pleasant guys to deal with. Trinity also has the best district manager in the land Craig groenwald.

Jacelyn
June 12th, 2018 Springfield, MA

Ray R was very informative and helpful step by step recommend him highly

Jay
June 8th, 2018 Cheshire, CT DETAILS

Jason G. went above and beyond in every way! The grant program is an absolute no-brainer so we have recommended Jason to both friends and family and will continue to do so!!!

Milagros Rodriguez
June 7th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS

Everything was explained thoroughly, Ray R. answered all of my questions in great detail. I love the fact that all of my phone calls were returned promptly. Hopefully Trinity Solar can help my daughter go solar.

John Hannigan
June 7th, 2018 Bellmawr, NJ

Installers worked thru a snow storm, walking all over our roof, to complete installation. I'm not sure why it could not have been postponed for a less dangerous day because we were not "up and running" for about 90 days after the installation. Communication between us and Trinity Solar always went well. We have asked for someone (salesman? tech?) to stop by our home and explain how to read the meter and are waiting to hear back yet.

Peter Potamianos
June 5th, 2018 Manchester, CT

I find Trinity Solar a very able company. These people know their business.

Ken Smith
June 5th, 2018 Southington, CT

A salesman (Jim P) came to our door and asked if I was aware of the solar power option (not in those exact words). I explained I had been approached a number of times and the price was prohibitive. He explained the arrangement with Trinity and I was very much interested. He was not pushy (which would have been a deal breaker) and simply asked if I was interested in finding out more. His follow-up was timely and the whole experience followed the steps he explained in the time frame he provided. All the parties that I had direct contact with were friendly, including the phone contact. Jim followed up several times to insure the process was going smoothly (which I greatly appreciated) and he was even available after the process was completed to respond to a question I had.

S Davies
June 5th, 2018 Bolton, CT DETAILS

Brian was easy to work with as he explained the process and benefits of the solar installation. It all came together smoothly over the next month or two and our electric bill is less than half of what it was. Highly recommend.

Dean Picone
June 4th, 2018 Washington, NJ

Trinity Solar has been a great experience from start to finish. Everyone from sales, customer service and installation have been very professional and friendly through out the entire process. The installation took 2 days and all inspections were scheduled within 2 weeks of completion. Looking forward to saving money on my bill when the system is turned on.

Victor Sanchez
June 4th, 2018 Springfield, MA

Ray R. was very courteous and concise in explaining the solar program to myself and my wife. Our system looks good and it’s already on. Thank you Trinity Solar.

Nelson Otero
June 4th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS

It was a very pleasant experience working with Ray R. , Cause in other Occasion different Companies had tried to get my business but were too persistent And Pushy... So far I’ve had a wonderful Experience with The Trinity Solar Company.

Joseph Hudak, Jr.
June 4th, 2018 Whiting, NJ

Everything was fine until installation which was performed illegally with out proper construction permits. After waiting for the municipal inspection for 6 weeks I (the homeowner) inquired of the Building dept as to when we could expect inspection for approval. That's when it all went downhill. Trinity Solar still (6 weeks after install) had not picked up the construction or electrical permits or paid the required $571.00 for same. When I pressed Trinity my calls went to voicemail and were not returned and eventually the customer service contact no longer was employed at Trinity. Went through several other people and got no response. I (the homeowner) instructed the building dept of the town to put them in violation even though that would include me. None of this was any of my fault. I demanded Trinity to remove the install as it was done without proper permits. One more month of delays and no call backs from voicemails I left. Until the end of April when Trinity finally paid for and picked up the permits. The city was right on top of the inspection process and did that in 3 days time. approving both construction and electrical. Now Trinity says it's up to JCP&L to swap out the meter and we have to wait for them. The end of May (yet another four weeks-one month shot) and I (the homeowner) called JCP&L about the swap out and they informed me it was done two weeks ago and a letter of approval was sent to Trinity Solar. I had even received an emailed copy. At this time I had spoken three times to colleen M. at Trinity who tried to assure me she would helpm and get us up and running. While explaining to Colleen that JCP&L had emailed the approval two weeks ago she told me that the person addressed on the email no longer was employed at Trinity either. That person left and no one checked that computer for any emails. In 2 days and 4 phone calls Colleen M. accomplished what no one at Trinity was able to do in 4 months. A $67,000.00 system sat on my roof for 4 months accomplishing nothing for no one. It didn't benefit me, Trinity, or SunRun electric Co or the Earth for that matter. I doubt that I or any one would ever see any possible $500.00 referral credit quoted from day should we ever referr some one for solar to Trinity. Trinity does not seem to know what customer service is. They also seem to have a high rate of employee turn over. Gee isn't that ironic? A sad state of affairs when you are dealing with such high stakes and dollar figures. I hope no one ever asks where I got my solar from as I do not want to recommend Trinity at all. If you deal with Trinity ask to speak to Colleen M...she seems to know her job and how to perform it.

Angel Torres
June 4th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS

Ray R. was the rep that came to our place and explained everything thoroughly and clearly. He worked with us with patience and answered all our questions, convincing us to get the system and now we love it and wouldn’t go back! Thanks to Trinity for being a good panel company!!! Much appreciated!!

Frank E Hartman Jr
May 31st, 2018 Stratford, NJ

The sales representative was very knowledgeable and courteous with no pressure to buy. The installation crew did a very good job of installing my system efficiently. I am very happy with how the panels and equipment is installed. I was kept up to date on all fazes of the project from scheduling, installation and start up.

Wendy Davis
May 29th, 2018 Villas, NJ

Everyone at Trinity was very helpful & informative. Tasia kept us updated on the status of our installation & Chris was very knowledgeable about our requirements & very helpful in assisting us in creating our online accounts.

Michelle Laroche
May 29th, 2018 Tarrytown, NY DETAILS

I worked with Shana to get solar. She was helpful in following up during the process and let me know what to expect. Our system is producing our electric now, and it feels good to be having such an impact on our environment and to save money at the same time. I recommend both Trinity and our solar rep Shana.

Claudia Ellis
May 29th, 2018 Brewster, MA

I thought a long time about getting solar panels then when I met Derek from Trinity Solar I knew the time was right. It is very affordable and will probably end up saving me money. Each and every one that I met from this company was a pleasure to deal with. They were all very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Derek was my go-to guy for any questions and always got back to me promptly. I would highly recommend this company to anyone considering solar panels. Nothing nicer than watching the electric meter run backwards!

Megan
May 25th, 2018 Buzzards Bay, MA DETAILS

They do use subcontractors. Its not always an in house crew (MA). Very poor management & customer service.

Stephanie McNeilly
May 25th, 2018 Pennsville, NJ DETAILS

Everything went well, was always informed of every step. The installers were nice and very professional.

LOIS BARDECK
May 25th, 2018 New Britain, CT

The service people, who installed the panels, where very nice. Courteous, did a great job, answered any questions I had. Dale Salesman was very nice, in answering any concerns. The electrictions were also very informative,. Over all I was very pleased. Would recommend to everyone.

Roger Simon
May 24th, 2018 Longmeadow, MA

May 22, 2018 I am writing a review about Ethan R., a young man, who is helping us enter the world of solar energy through “Trinity Solar” (the company he works for). We were so impressed with him as a representative of his company, because he was so well informed, delightfully energetic, well-mannered, and pleasant to be with. If these were his only qualities, that would have been more than we would expect. But Ethan sported a work ethic I have not seen in people his age. He certainly seems to be well-placed in the field of sales, though I think he has skills that not only support the area of sales he is in, solar energy, but he is also degreed from a prestigious University in that field. So, what Ethan is selling is solar energy which is supported by a degree in that field. However, he could easily slip into the engineering aspects of that field, contracting, or in the scientific research end of things. Because of his gentle manner and his well-developed social skills, rapport seemed to be built so easily. He connected with us and we with him. He is definitely a people person. We not only found him to know his field, to know the products he was selling, but he also had the social skills, good manners, and the unobtrusive energy to help us through the technicalities of purchasing solar panels. Ethan also was prepared to discuss the economic aspects and work with us to find answers to questions about what we were doing, which required him to research answers and come back to us several different times. He went the distance with us. When the sale was complete, we felt we knew what we were getting into. Once we were transferred to the installation division of the company, Ethan continues to stop by our home, from time to time, to see how we were being treated by the people who will be completing the project. Now, this is service with a smile! And yes! Ethan really does smile! Roger & Rhanee Simon Longmeadow, Massachusetts