Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 Sungevity chevron_right
#2 Sunrun chevron_right
3.6
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.5

Pancho Moreno
December 12th, 2019 Roslindale, MA DETAILS

Bad start. Someone saw the “For Sale” sign on my car and came to inquire about it, so I showed it to him… 15mins later after me taking the time to show him the car, engine, tires, miles, vin number etc. we went for a test drive. We argued the price, I lowered it by 1k …we arranged to bring it to his mechanic for a final inspection. He mentioned that he was working… so he started talking to me about solar panels and ended up making an appointment for someone to come and talk to me about solar panels! He said he works with the government discounts He is I believe Albania and his name is Zejnel he is a Bad Hombre I live in Roslindale thank you

CHRISTINE MINETT
November 26th, 2019 Mays Landing, NJ DETAILS

We think we may have made a mistake going with Trinity Solar. We have had Trinity Solar since Aug, 2018. Initially there were no serious problems except for delays. This year we were notified in Oct that our system had not transmitting to IGS Solar since Sept 18, 2019 (almost a month). When someone finally came out to look at it, we were told the required part would take a couple of weeks. They would notify us when the part came in. We waited a few weeks and called again. Lo and behold, the part just came in!!! They could not schedule a technician to come out for another2 week or so. When he finally came out on Oct 25, he said he couldn't repair it, he now needed a new communication board which would take couple of weeks. The part came in and again it took a couple of weeks to get a technician to come out. Well, the technician came early this morning, Nov. 22. He did ring the doorbell but we didn't hear it. When we went out an hour later to check, we found the entire system was turned off. WHY COULDN'T HE LEAVE A NOTE ON THE DOOR? We called and left a message for Nicole asking why the system was now completely off and we did not receive a note or phone call. No call back! We called again hours later and were told by Nicole that now the Invertor needs to be replaced. Nicole also told me they don't leave notes on the door when no-one answers. It would take a couple of weeks for the part to come in Then they would schedule a technician to come out. (PROBABLY ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AFTER THAT BASED ON THEIR SOP). I told them this was ridiculous customer service!! Nicole said here was nothing else she could do. BE PREPARED, ANY SERVICE CALLS TAKE WEEKS, PARTS DON'T COME IN FOR WEEKS, ANY THEY REALLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP! Once you have their system, they don't care what you think!

Jones
November 13th, 2019 Waterbury, CT DETAILS

trinity solar has been very responsive after a slight issue. will update review

Nov 12, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Mrs. Jones and for allowing us to make this right. We're confident that we've addressed your concerns by accomodating your appointment sooner than expected.  Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything.

Morales
October 31st, 2019 Wallington, NJ DETAILS

Worst mistake ever. The Representative lie about everything. We were told that if we had any issues they would make repairs to the roof. I have had three leaks in less than one year. They refuse to take any responsibility for the leaks. Their repair department representative / supervisor are unprofessional and disrespectful. They hung up the phone various times. Difficult to reach any manager or real supervisor. If I could give them less of a rating I would have

Nov 12, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Ms. Morales. I’m glad that we were able to accommodate your requests and resolve your issue. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for anything you need moving forward.

Aileen Kitsock
October 23rd, 2019 Wareham, MA

Great service, beautiful installation and quick clean work!

Oct 23, 2019

Thank you Aileen! Congratulations on going solar and please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Georgette
October 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I'm paying more than I was when I had just Atlantic City Electric because of the rep and his lies was told no holes in roof trees didn't need to be cut down roof was in great shape and the best lye was if I was not satisfied I could cancel anytime to don't worry just call me I'm 69 and locked into a 25 year lease and my bill's going up everything I asked was told I couldn't have and one other thing I did my research and need so many panels and was told oh you only need this amount of panels and you will generate enough energy and get back money well I found out I only have enough panels to generate 75% not 100% lies all to get you to sign up

Oct 17, 2019

Hello Georgette. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Someone from our Client Resources department will be reaching out to you to discuss this further with you.

Vince Cermak
October 15th, 2019 Middletown, RI DETAILS

The Trinity Team was a pleasure to work with. Information presented was clear, understandable, and NO pressure was applied. Especially appreciated the company was family owned, and doing business in our neighborhood...not from 3000miles. Everyone was always accessible to speak with. I seldom had further questions to ask, but when I did, they were answered completely and quickly. The installation teams were very professional and did not intrude in our daily life, save for the gentleman at our power panel. The installation teams were also very friendly and answered all my questions, and several times expanded their answers to provided additional information. Installation took 2 days, one to set the roof frame and install the new power controller, and the panels and wiring were completed the next day. Big job done well and in only 2 days. We were very pleased with Trinity's selection of the installation teams they provided for the job. Felt as though we were doing business with good neighbors.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, Vince, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar! Trinity Solar installation crews are the best in the business and we are glad that you agree. We are committed to customer satisfaction and are so glad that we hit the mark in this instance. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Cynthia Pedro
September 25th, 2019 Matawan, NJ DETAILS

After a lot of back and forth with Trinity, I am comfortable revising my negative review. They definitely take customer satisfaction to an impressive level. I understand my situation with two different solar arrays is out of the ordinary. Trinity has been incredibly accommodating in meeting my specific needs. I'm astounded, actually, in the degree of thoroughness they've provided. Like I said, VERY impressive!

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you Cynthia! We truly appreciate your kind words and patience while we worked toward a resolution. We strive to deliver exceptional customer service and are very glad to hear that we hit the mark with you.

Ray Magee
September 18th, 2019 Marlborough, MA DETAILS

I wrote a review on 4 September while in a rant. My roof was leaking. I had a contractor look at the situation and he advised that it was an attachment point of a solar panel. I will say that Trinity came to the house on September 10 to take a look at the situation and returned on the 13th to make a repair. The gentle,en that came were very professional , knowledgeable, and courteous (especially Greg!). Based on this excellent timely response, I would like to modify my rating to a full 5 stars.

Sep 04, 2019

Hello Mr. Magee. Thank you for reaching out. We are so sorry to hear that you are going through this. We will have someone reach out to you today to discuss all of your concerns. We are on your side and will ensure that you get taken care of!

Terry Hartman
September 6th, 2019 Columbia, PA

It was approximately a year ago when we approached by Trinity. The day arrived when the crew arrived and started to unload the panels. Someone inspected our roof and advised the roof needed to be checked further which we did and were advised the roof might last another 7 years and we would then have to pay to have the panels removed while a new roof was installed. So we bit the bullet to have a new roof installed. I actually talked to a Trinity rep and she could hear the banging and she advised the roof needed to 'settle' before the solar panels could be installed. How freaking king long does that take????? No calls no correspondence all this time. I am going to check for another company because of your poor customer service.

Oct 18, 2019

Hello Terry. Thank you so much for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It sounds like there was an error in communication on our end and we greatly apologize for that. We will have a manager reach out to further discuss this.

John Lewis
September 4th, 2019 East Hampton, NY DETAILS

Great work done with installation. Am satisfied with the service. Thank Daygan S for his part in getting this done in a timely way.

Sep 04, 2019

Hello Mr. Lewis! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with the installation as well as Daygan! We agree that he is amazing and we are so proud to have him as a part of the Trinity Solar family. Please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Family Maine
August 14th, 2019 Providence, RI DETAILS

From start to finish, this crew has been amazing. Glenn R knows his stuff and the support crew very helpful with scheduling. The installation crew was too notch, very accommodating and professional. Definitely recommend.

Aug 27, 2019

Thank you so much! We agree that Glenn is an asset to the Trinity Solar family. Congratulations on going solar and please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Debbie
August 14th, 2019 Waterbury, CT

These gentleman were very courteous, fast and did a beautiful job on my house. This project was done in one day as estimated to me by my sales person.

Aug 27, 2019

Thank you, Debbie! We are so glad that the Trinity Solar installation crews treated you and your home with respect and completed the installation in a timely manner. Please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Joe H.
August 5th, 2019 Milford, CT

Everything went very smoothly. From the sales Rep. to the installation. The techs that came out and did the installation were very nice and their work was first class. They were there at 8:00am sharp, and stayed till it was done. It was a one day install. Everything was very neat, and no mess anywhere. Before they left they explained and went over everything. They even move up the install a month early.

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Joe! We are so happy that your experience has been so positive! Trinity Solar crews are the best in the industry and I'm very glad that you agree! Please remember to take advantage of our referral rewards program.

james luraghi
August 2nd, 2019 Milford, MA DETAILS

I have a new house less than 2 years old. My install was more difficult then normal because of the way my utilities were laid out on my house and took 3 days which is above normal of 2 days. The installers also were installing in the hottest week of the year in July. I also found out that I had a nest of wasp in the corner of my roof. I had to get a professional exterminator to remove after 1 installer was stung 4 times. With the bad conditions of the week, the installers got the job done. Overall I had a good experience. The concierge has been communicating with updates and taken care of all the submittals. You must have patience as the process with MassSave, national grid and local authorities takes a little time, but nothing has to be done by the homeowner. I have my final inspection scheduled and soon we will be turned on. The process is detailed, but was explained by the salesman that it takes a little time. Great overall experience.

Aug 13, 2019

Thank you, James, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar and are excited for you to begin enjoying the benefits of green energy. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Ken jarbeau
July 23rd, 2019 North Kingstown, RI

Very happy with the guys and installation but I haven’t hear from anybody yet to get the inspection and turn on process started

Jul 23, 2019

Thank you, Ken. Trinity Solar crews are the best in the industry and I'm very glad that you agree! There are a few steps that must be taken after the installation before scheduling inspections. Your Concierge is going to reach out with an update on where you are in the process. Congratulations on going solar and please take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Stacie
July 16th, 2019

The saleswoman was very nice at first and that is about all I can say that was good. We met with her on 2 different occasions. The first was a basic discussion about the program. The second was to discuss if we qualified and what our rate would be. Well we were told it was going to be a substantial savings and then the monthly payment ended up being more than what I currently pay. Why in the world would I sign up for a 25 year lease agreement when the monthly payment starts out at more than what I am currently paying? What a joke. Then when we didn’t sign..the salesperson tried to pressure us into just signing it. I don’t think so!! Glad we said NO to this deal!!

Jul 16, 2019

Hi Stacie, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 9347 and ask to speak with Emily. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

OBAT
July 12th, 2019 Edison, NJ DETAILS

For the past 5 years I have been shopping for solar companies, they will come to my house and talk but not any of them met my main need after I get to know them. Trinity solar company has a very effective customer service. They have a very good communication skills, updating, good documentation, effective term work and excellent follow up. This is going to be a long time business together I need someone who is read for customer not those that customer will chasing around. I really drained them and killed them with my year of conversation experience with other kinds of solar companies, and they survived it. I am recommending Trinity company solar to any one out that want to enjoy solar power like me. For any question concerning them please feel free to contact me.

Jul 15, 2019

Thank you so much for your heartfelt endorsement! We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Please don't forget to take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Donald Cronin
July 8th, 2019 Islip Terrace, NY DETAILS

I Don Cronin checked into a few different solar companies. The one and only reason I went with Trinity is because of Dave S. You will like this guy the moment u meet him , comes off very trusting and takes his time and explains everything. Any questions after solar is up and running, Dave is there. His numbers are right on and he did everything he said he would do The installation guys were all professional and cool

Jul 09, 2019

Hi Donald, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Dave. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Congratulations on going solar and please take advantage of our referral rewards program!

Marina Leonovich
June 21st, 2019 Greenfield, MA

Diane C from Trinity was an amazing rep to work with… Everything seems seamless in this process… Everything was installed and actually is working with in a couple months… We are so happy that we chose Trinity for our solar panel divider and installation..I wouldn’t go with anybody else

Jun 21, 2019

Hi Marina, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Diane. We agree she does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Edward Cole
June 21st, 2019 Beaver Springs, PA DETAILS

My wife and I had an excellent experience with Trinity Solar from the beginning. Starting with our first meeting with Josh R., who was wonderful, he walked us through what to expect, how solar works and how long it might take for each phase of the process. Was a little taken back by the 25 year commitment, but as Josh explained, we were currently in a life time commitment with our utility co. with no protection from future rate increases. Trinity promises no more than 2.9% a year increase. But that 25 year commitment goes both ways! Trinity said they would monitor the system, maintain the equipment, warranty and insure everything for the same 25 years! Ours was a unique case, in that, it took us a good 6 months from that meeting until we were turned on, also known as PTO (permission to operate). We understood that other entities are involved and they may take their good sweet time, with their permits, inspections and paperwork etc. Couldn't fault Trinity for other parties feet dragging. Anyway, we met Josh in late Sept., got an install date for right after Christmas, they did some inside work at first, but got delayed due to the weather (ice rain) until Jan. Work crew was polite and professional, and cleaned up after each work day. Finished install in mid Jan. then had to wait for final inspection from the township and the utility co., plus "post permits" needed after an install. So long story short, oops too late, we got turned on in mid April of 2019. Very happy with Trinity Solar and their commitment to customer service. Wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else!

Jun 21, 2019

Thank you, Edward, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Joshua and with Trinity Solar as a whole and that you love your PV solar system. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Michael L.
June 18th, 2019 Middletown, RI DETAILS

I had trinity Solar for 2 1/2 years.In the winter it cost me money.about a week or more now my solar panels quit working.I been getting the run around.Trinity says in will be here to LOOK at it but didn't show up.The inverter has a FAULT light on,which means it's not working.I said I need a New inverter.If I do need one they have to order one which is going to take 7 to 10 days,Than I have to make a app.to have it installed.the whole thing might take 30 days.And it the end of June.I'm going to cost me $400.00+the warranty takes too long..You know they not making money to fix it.Paying customers come first.Not happy in RI..

Mar 19, 2019

Dear Michael, I'm sorry you feel that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact the MA office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Jessie Aquino
June 18th, 2019 Belchertown, MA DETAILS

Jeff G was amazing from start to finish. He was very straight forward with answering any and all questions. We love our system and would recommend Jeff to Everyone who is willing to listen to us.

Jun 21, 2019

Hi Jessie, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Jeff. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Calibanos
May 31st, 2019 Tuckerton, NJ DETAILS

Trinity solar instillation crew I had the pleasure of dealing with was excellent. The work was completed in one day and was expertly done. The problem I have and it may not be trinity’s fault is the length of time it takes to get your solar turned on and running. Also I was not givin a time line by my Trinity reps, and that I have a problem with.

May 31, 2019

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive comments and for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Notacustomer
May 29th, 2019 Fort Lee, NJ

After telling sales rep we probably weren't sited or configured optimumly for solar he made an appointment with his sales trainer which lasted about 2 hours. A follow up meeting was scheduled - never showed up or called to let us know the site people had rejected our home. If communication is this poor at onset it doesn't bode well for future service. Sales ranked over customer satisfaction. We have re contacted a number of people to whom we recommended Trinity

May 30, 2019

Hi, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 6138 and ask to speak with our Client Resources Department. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

Caren borgwardt
May 2nd, 2019 Manahawkin, NJ DETAILS

Salesman came out nothing but lies.we have had issues with our panels since it was installed.They fault all the time,the problem still hasn’t been fixed.

May 09, 2019

Hi Caren, We're sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your system. A member of our Client Resources team will be reaching out to learn more about your specific situation and determine what can be done to assist you. Thank you.

Kellan McCants
May 2nd, 2019 Allentown, PA

I’ve had Zero issues with this company. Very polite and respectful people. If I have something to say negatively it’s about the electric company or townships taking there time on getting my panels inspected and turned on. I didn’t put any money down so how could I really complain.

Chris M.
May 2nd, 2019 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS

I’m not one to write negative reviews, it usually take a lot to get me to that point. I had my solar panels installed almost three years ago. The sales guy was great in the beginning, told us everything we wanted to hear. The installation seemed seamless. Took awhile to get the panels turned on, but I chalked that up to timing and the utility company. Since then I have referred two people who have referred other as well. Up until a month ago, I have had had no problems. Then, my roof started to leak near one of the panels. When I reached out, they sent someone promptly. Before even taking a look, he denied that the leak was in anyway related to the panels. Now, before having the panels installed, I knew my roof wasn’t in great condition and wanted to wait until I had it replaced. Our sales guy reassured us that the roof would be 100% inspected and a one time courtesy removal and reinstallation at no charge. Once I spoke with the admin team after the repair guy came out to “look” at the roof, I was quoted just under $4K for the removal and reinstall. I found it completely absurd and pushed back. Its been a little over a week, two rains storms later and I have yet to hear back. Seems like whenever it’s smooth sailing they are easy to communicate with, but the second there’s an issue, they go MIA. Would be hesitant to refer them anyone going forward.

May 09, 2019

Hi Chris, We are glad to know that until the recent issues encountered you were satisfied with your system and service. We apologize for any delay in addressing your concerns. A resolution has been reached and we are hopeful that it will restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

AJ
May 2nd, 2019 New Egypt, NJ DETAILS

My electric bill has not been over $50 since I went solar! I have an all electric home that was around $350 in the summer Its so nice to have lower bills now.

May 09, 2019

Hi AJ, so glad you're happy and we appreciate your review. Thank you!

ROBERT MCKEAN
April 25th, 2019 Ayer, MA DETAILS

SCAMMERS THEY DONT TELL YOU THE REAL DEAL IT CHEAPER TO STAY WITH YOUR CURRENT POWER SOURCE DONT SIGN UP , YOU'LL REGRET IT LIKE I DO

Apr 26, 2019

Hi Robert, I'm sorry you feel that way. Client Resources will be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns, confirm that your system is operating properly and review your electric bills. Thank you.

Lisa Valentino
April 22nd, 2019 Monroeville, NJ DETAILS

Was promised a cash sign on bonus. NEVER rec'd even after over a year and have been ignored when asked about it. Panels were installed and had to wait about 5 months for them to be turned on. Poor customer service and very slow. Actual install was great. Men left zero trash and were professional. Only good part. After office screwed up inspections 3 times. No apologies.

Apr 23, 2019

Hi Lisa, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and be reaching out within the next 48 business hours. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right. Thank you for letting us know there was a problem.

Ray Parker
April 22nd, 2019 Mystic, CT

Alright ladies and gentlemen, so far so good. This will be an on going comment. My first contact with Trinity has been stellar. My neighbor Maurice B referred Trinity Solar to me as I was helping him clear the trees out of his yard. Brian K is the salesperson I first contacted. He had very prompt response time. I called him on Good Friday, he was at my house by 0800 the following day as promised. Very professional, very up front. He went through the entire process, (and it is a process) step by step. He answered my questions about the company, where the panels are manufactured, (Canada, China, and one other place (USA is dropping the ball on this one)). I am currently doing an extensive internet verification of the information I have gathered. Four out of Five stars because everything went as promised, Five star ratings are saved for something unexpectedly positive.

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to earn that 5th star. We are very glad to hear that your expectations have been met so far.

D
April 18th, 2019 Uniondale, NY

Even though there is a "solicitors do no knock" sign on the door, Peter d knocked anyway. When I pointed to the sign he said it didn't apply to him because NYS wants more homes with renewable energy. What a line if b/s.

Apr 19, 2019

We apologize that you were disturbed, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

David D
April 15th, 2019 Westport, CT

Horrible ! Set aside time in our busy schedule to meet salesman at our home, with the understanding that the we might have to consider cutting down trees. Trinity informed us only after I called when salesman didn't show, that appt. had been cancelled. Wouldn't it have been basically 'professional' of them to give us a call ? Wouldn't touch this company with the proverbial '10 foot pole'.

Apr 16, 2019

Hi David, We’re so sorry that your salesperson did not honor the appointment, that is unacceptable. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 and ask to speak with Client resources. Your feedback will help us correct the issue with the salesperson and prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to speaking with you and thank you for making us aware of the problem.

Douglas Yodice
April 12th, 2019 Middletown, NY

Poor customer service. Canceled a meeting 1.5 hours before they were suppose to show up with poor excuses after being set over 2 weeks ago. When called to discuss they used incorrect information. Unless you want to be yelled at by customer service use literally any other solar company.

Apr 12, 2019

Hi Doug, We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your customer service experience. We strive to provide exceptional service and regret that you feel disappointed. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 and ask to speak with Client Resources. We look forward to speaking with you and providing the care you deserve.

Jeannie
April 8th, 2019 Hamden, CT DETAILS

In Oct a guy came to my door to talk about solar panels. I was interested so set up an appointment to meet with a sales rep. I remember having to leave work early to be at my house in time to meet him, day 1 interfering w my job... no biggie. We discuss solar and the benefits, he assures me he'll be there through the entire process from the beginning to end with any questions or concerns I may have. I then sign some papers and he tells me he'll get back to me. Once everything is approved he needs to return to finalize the sale, I believe he came on a Sat. Once I signed the papers to commit I never heard form him again. One morning a man shows up at my house, no badge, no trinity van just showed up and needed access to my roof from the 3rd floor. I found that to be odd. Before they even start installation you need to have a home energy audit so I call to set it up they only make appt mon-fri 3pm being their last appointment. So now I need to be home early from work for this, day 2 interfering w my job. I believe early Dec my permits were all set and they call to set up installation which you need to be home for since they need access to your electric box, day 3 interfering w work. That particular day it was pouring out, They couldn't get much done but did what they could and I was told they'd call to reschedule. A wk went by I heard nothing. Finally after almost 2 wks I call them asking if they could come finish this. Day 4 interfering w work. They didn't finish so needed to come back and again needed to be inside my house day 5 interfering w work. Finally done sometime in Jan. Now I'm told the town needs to come look at the electric before being approved. Weeks pass before they call to set up an appt. Before the town comes, trinity needs to come back just to make sure everything looks good, day 6 interfering w work. Early Feb the town came and I was told next UI needs to come to switch out boxes or something and yet again someone needs to be home day 7 interfering w work. After a few wks they call to set up an appt for UI. I had a scheduled appt for yesterday afternoon, had someone take time out of their day to wait at my house for them and no one showed up. I called Trinity leaving a message wanting to know what happened and no one returned my call that was 2 days ago. This is a horrible company. I understand that weather and permits played a small role but they weren't up front. If I knew it would take 7mth and 8 days interfering w my work schedule I certainly wouldn't have singed up for this. I honestly wish they'd just come remove the panels. I'm disgusted with the entire process, total nightmare.

Apr 08, 2019

Dear Jeannie, I'm sorry you felt that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact your local Trinity Solar office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Diane Lussier
March 29th, 2019 West Springfield, MA

Beginning with Diane C who introduced us to the possibilities with solar energy through all the phases of installation, especially since Trinity coordinated with Interlock regarding our aluminum roof, we were alway kept well informed. When we had questions or concerns we would receive answers in an extremely timely manner. I highly recommend Trinity Solar for your solar needs.

Apr 03, 2019

Thank you, Diane, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Donald Scott
March 28th, 2019 Islip Terrace, NY

My experience with Trinity Solar was exceptional. The team that did the installation were professional from the point they showed up until completed. My sales rep David S was I informative every step of the way alleviating any concerns

Mar 29, 2019

Hi Donald, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, David. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Susan MacDonald
March 27th, 2019 Branford, CT

Trinity Solar was great from the beginning of our project to the very end! Bill N helped us really understand what would happen through this process, and had images on his computer of our property that amazed us. Studies of our property and how the sun moves, trees etc. Bill did a great job of presenting all of this in an easy to understand, professional manner. We found Corina P was also very helpful. When some changes were needed to satisfy my very exacting husband (a builder himself), these requests were easily handled. Because we had to have a new roof put on before the panels, we had to ask Corina to move our installation a few times to accommodate the roofer. She was wonderful! The solar panels were installed with no hitch, in the design my husband asked for, by some very polite, hard working individuals. All in all, Trinity, Bill N and Corina P, were a pleasure to work with, and we highly recommend them!

Mar 28, 2019

Hi Susan, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Bill, and also Corina for keeping you informed throughout the process! We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

John P. Cammarata
March 27th, 2019 Waterford, CT

On time fast polite informative. From the beginning the salesman thoroughly explained the contract and services. The installation crew were great at their job. Complete installation took one day. The concierge service kept me informed during the entire process. I am very satisfied with Trinity Solar.

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you, John, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Joe Martella
March 26th, 2019 Bordentown, NJ DETAILS

Absolutely terrible customer service. My panel mounts were improperly installed which caused water damaged to ceilings on my first and second floors. I spoke to Kayla N who asked me to send pictures of the damage, which I did along with pictures of the improper roof mounts. Despite being told that someone would get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, is has been two weeks, 3 voice mail messages and 3 emails later and I got no return phone calls or email. I finally was able to get through to someone in their "concierge" customer service this morning who relayed a message from Kayla that she has been "having problems with her email" and I was given another email address to send my pics to. I guess Kayla's phone, voicemail, and answering service were also on the fritz. I will update this review if and when they actually do something about the damage that their improper installation caused.

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Mr. Martella, We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’re sorry you had such a frustrating experience with regard to your roof leaking, it’s not what we like to hear. A member of our Senior Management staff will be reviewing your account and reaching out to work toward a positive resolution for you. Your business means a lot to us and we want very much to restore your confidence in us.

John Bova
March 20th, 2019 Billerica, MA

I would like to revise my previous review from earlier this month. After emailing corporate office and getting no answer from them I was contacted by Rich from local office last week on getting snow guards installed. He stepped up big time to get it done for me as soon as possible and was in contact with me every step of the way. Today they came out and installed the snow guards today and they look great. We will see when it snows. I also want people to kno that when I get good service I let people know and when I get not good service I do give companies a chance to correct issue before going and posting a bad review. I take this very seriously because I am in service industry and expect to be treated how I treat my customers. I would have gave 5 stars if this was addressed when it was installed. I do give them credit due to they say they do not install them but due to safety concern they came through. I give Rich a lot of credit I was not easiest customer to deal with but he always kept his cool. I give trinity 4 stars because it means a lot in this day and age for a company to step up and do the right thing. Rich thank you for your excellent customer service and you should be recognized for that because it rare now a days. Thank you John Bova

Mar 21, 2019

Hi John, Thank you so much for your patience while we worked through your situation and for taking the time to share that Trinity was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Maria Ferreras
February 14th, 2019 Hartford, CT

Professional and friendly on time and good work

Feb 15, 2019

Hi Maria, Thank you so much for your positive comments and for taking the time to post this review. Feedback from our customers allows Trinity Solar to continually improve. We are so glad you are satisfied with the solar installation and are excited for you to begin enjoying the benefits of green energy.

Erica Jansons
February 12th, 2019 Hampden, MA DETAILS

Double bills, can’t reach them by phone or emai. Impossible to contact.

Feb 13, 2019

Hi Erica, I'm concerned that you have not had success reaching us. We are available through phone, email, and Facebook with contact information for all locations listed on our website. I cannot locate you under this name in our system, so perhaps the account is under a different name. We are here to help, so please reach out again by calling 413-203-9088 ext 1506. Thank you.

Rebecca Martin
February 11th, 2019 Easthampton, MA

Diane C was excellent to work with. She explained the benefits/savings of solar, the cost (and tax rebates/incentives) of the system and the process from installation to going live thoroughly. The installation of the panels went smoothly and the crew was respectful and professional. There were a couple of minor consutruction issues which were resolved quickly without an inconvience to me. The staff at Trinity (specifically Jacob who provided me with excellent customer service) did an excellent job at keeping me updated on the timelines for consttruction through implementation as well as minor corrections that were required. Our panels have only been in use for about 45 days and I am already seeing savings on my electric bills. Trinity staff was excellent wtih repsonding and following up and I would highly recommend them.

Feb 15, 2019

Thank you, Rebecca, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar and love your PV solar system. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Jim
February 4th, 2019 Oxford, CT DETAILS

I had very high hopes for solar in CT. Sales rep was great and I finally installed. Been almost 2 years now. Installers were very professional and did a great job, nice and neat. BUT - I am now paying for the lease of the panels of over $300 a month and also over $350 to Eversource. I just can't afford this anymore and have to find a way out.

Feb 05, 2019

Hi Jim, that doesn't sound right. I'm going to reach out to you via private message for more information and see if we are able to provide some assistance. Solar should be offsetting your overall electric usage even if it does not cover it 100%. Let's find out what's happening. Thank you.

William Giaramita
February 1st, 2019 Rockaway Park, NY DETAILS

Professional and never pushy from the get go. Ken N was straight to the point with the benefits of solar and how everything works. Never any hidden costs or bait and switch. What you’re told your costs are going to be are exactly what your costs are. Company always follows up and makes sure any issues are resolved promptly. Highly reccomend.

Feb 04, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on going solar!

alice reber
January 31st, 2019 DETAILS

i am a trinity solar customer and am very disappointed with it not only are my electric bills are high plus i am paying rent for the solar panels i am thinking about getting rid of them cause i just cant afford it

Feb 01, 2019

Hi Alice, I'm sorry you're not seeing the savings you anticipated. A Resolution Specialist will be reaching out to verify your system is functioning properly and to review your electric bills. We will work with you to understand what's going on.

Mae
January 25th, 2019 Wethersfield, CT

Reliable. They take care of their clients.

Feb 01, 2019

Very glad you feel that way, Mae. It is certainly our highest priorty. Thank you!

John Smart
January 22nd, 2019 Pawcatuck, CT

My name is John Smart, I am writing this review on behalf of my father-in-law Lewis Rungs who is the owner our house. I just want say, for the benefit of other possible customers. That the overall experience so far has been really great. I mean from the moment Christy B knock on our door, to Drive came and us through what would take place, to installation has been a breeze. Even Sheri calling to let us know what is going take place next, they have been very professional, and paitionent (hope I spelled that right haha) with me, because I can mind of ramble on sometimes and not one of them made me feel like I bugging them. So in short we've been very pleased. P.S I just want to let the owner of Trinity Solar in my humble opinion, that every one of your employees that I've mentioned deserve a big fat raise. Your happy customer John Smart

Feb 01, 2019

How generous of you, John! Thanks so very much for your business and your confidence in us! Your recommendation is appreciated:)!