Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the solar company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with its power purchase agreement (PPA) options, as well as various solar lease and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements.

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that best helps them save on their electric bill and/or take advantage of the solar tax credit.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides the homeowner with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to a solar power system. The referral bonus that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set a solar installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar installer offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified. NABCEP certification means the solar company adheres to high industry standards, and customers will be protected against predatory sales tactics throughout the entire process.

The solar installer is also Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees; its installation crew meanwhile has completed over 35,000 solar panel system installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other another solar contractor.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Karim Sadeghpour

August 16th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

I initially signed up with Trinity solar because they promise cheaper energy and "outstanding customer service." However, since signing a contract with them, all I can say is everything they promise their consumers is anything but truth, terrible customer service and they change the rate after I signed the contract, and I called several times they kept lying to me, my HOA is complaining and they did not take care of that. Do not do any business with this company.

Marcia MacInnis

August 4th, 2015 Mashpee, MA

We contracted with Trinity last November and went live this past February. We couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the installation, customer service or results. We are saving money with our solar system and as retirees, appreciate the fixed cost. I think the summary above needs to be updated. Trinity offers a terrific online monitoring service.

CheryleGuerin

August 3rd, 2015 Beverly, MA

Spencer, a salesperson for this company has little regard for people's time and assumes a lack of intelligence for homeowners as well. Though we were very busy when he pulled into our driveway we invited him into our home to "just take a look" at our electric bill and get a picture of our electric panel after which he promised to make an appointment for another date to actually discuss the possibility of solar. Once inside he crammed his entire sales pitch down our throats for over an hour before taking the pics. He kept insisting we would be saving as much as 85% off our electric bill. The pamphlet he offered indicated that we would be paying 12 cents per KWH to Trinity. He also claimed we were currently paying 24 cents to National Grid. He also indicated this would be on "up to" 85% of our bill. I kept trying to point out that his numbers didn't seem to add up but he insisted he'd explain it better at the next meeting so I'd understand. First, Natl Grids rates are tiered ,we do not pay 24 cents for every KWH. Even if we were paying this much for all our electric, that would only amount to a 50% savings on "up to" 85% of the bill. He said we were also paying much more than any of our non solar neighbors , as much as a Chinese Restaurant." Not correct. I emailed Spence that evening after talking with neighbors and again after talking with others in my neighborhood including those who'd recently had solar installed by Boston Solar who Spence claimed were subbed out by Trinity. That was only correct in one of three cases. He never responded to my emails. Tonight 15 minutes after he was scheduled to arrive I called his cell. He did not apologize for being late and informed me he was having a busy day bit was on his way. Fifteen to twenty minutes he said. As I was ending the call he spoke an address. I infoprmed him that was not my address after much checking he insisted our appoint was for a different day. He was standing next to me when I wrote the appointment on my calendar after much discussion, because my days are also busy. The date he claimed was not one I was even available. Then he offered to "come by later" like 9PM? When I said that wouldn't work his response was "Guess we're not the company for you". Guess so. I prefer honest well informed folks who keep their commitments.

Victor Wroblak

July 29th, 2015 Hightstown, NJ

BEWARE OF TRINITY SOLAR they are quick to sign you up, But not so quick with the rest of the service. Numerous phone calls. I signed for solar in April and now it's almost August and it is still not connected. FED UP with the runaround. I was told we were waiting on the township and they informed me we failed two previous inspections... Maybe we'll have the system turned on by December when not needed. Look for another company.

Dan Puckett

July 13th, 2015 Severn, MD

Helpful background on this company. We are considering this as a possible option to help reduce our energy costs. Owning it is not a viable option, but would consider other options.