Founded in 1994 and named one of the fastest-growing companies in New Jersey, Trinity Solar has a rich history as a leader in solar energy. With more than 35,000 completed solar panel installations and counting, the company continues to be a leading choice for renewable energy and solar power among homeowners in the Northeast, helping its customers to save money on their electricity bills.

Trinity Solar offers no-cost installations with power purchase agreements, as well as various leasing and financing options.

Ultimately, the clean energy company works hard to make solar simple and successful for its customers, which is reflected in the fact that Trinity Solar's specialized departments handle every aspect of the solar process, including design, permitting, interconnection, installation, inspection, SREC brokering, and servicing.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Trinity Solar reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Multiple Financing Options
  • 25-Year Warranty
  • Referral Program
  • Custom Solar Systems
  • In-House Team of Installers
  • Solar Industry Certifications
  • Decades of Experience
  • Additional Services

Multiple Financing Options

Trinity Solar provides four financing options aimed at helping customers make the switch to solar: outright purchases, loan financing through a Trinity Solar partner, solar leases, and power purchase agreements (PPAs).

With a wide variety of options to choose from, customers have the ability to select a payment method that fits their needs and budget.

25-Year Warranty

Each residential solar system installed by Trinity Solar includes a 25-year warranty that covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment.

Trinity Solar also offers a 5-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor and the solar PV installation.

Referral Program

Trinity Solar provides its customers with a referral program to encourage them to help their family and friends make the switch to solar power. The referral fee that is paid out to the referrer is currently set at $500 each for one to three referrals, $750 each for four to six referrals, and $1,000 each for seven or more referrals.

The referral fee is paid out once the referred family member or friend has set an installation date with Trinity Solar.

Custom Solar Systems

Trinity Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget. As a result, the solar electric company offers customized solar power systems designed to fit customer needs while maximizing performance and reducing energy costs.

Additionally, Trinity Solar will handle all required permitting paperwork to make the installation process as smooth and efficient as possible.

In-House Team of Installers

It's not uncommon for a solar company to outsource its installations to a third party, which can result in miscommunication or shoddy workmanship.

However, when customers choose a solar panel installation with Trinity Solar, they can be confident that they will be dealing with a highly-trained, in-house group of solar installers who show up on time and get the job done right.

Solar Industry Certifications

Each of Trinity Solar's installers is licensed, North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified, and Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified. These certifications are not easy to obtain and are positive indicators that the company's installers know what they are doing when it comes to installing solar panels.

Decades of Experience

Trinity Solar is one of the few solar providers with more than two decades of experience in the solar PV industry. The company has been in operation since 1994, has more than 1,000 employees, and has completed over 35,000 solar installations.

Additional Services

In addition to offering solar installations and financing, Trinity Solar also offers a variety of other services for residential customers, including energy auditing, roofing, electrical contracting, general contracting, solar repair and maintenance, and community solar.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

Trinity Solar currently services eight states in the northeastern United States: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

Customers who live elsewhere do not have the ability to do business with Trinity Solar and will need to consider other solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Trinity Solar is a solar provider that has been in business for more than 25 years and performed thousands of solar installations. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty and four financing options, including outright purchases, loans, solar leases, and PPAs, to help a variety of customers get started with renewable energy and begin saving money on their electricity bills.

However, Trinity Solar is limited in its state availability, which means that if you live outside of its service area, you'll have to find a different solar energy company to work with.

View Best Solar Companies

3.6

Michael L.

June 16th, 2019 Middletown, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had trinity Solar for 2 1/2 years.In the winter it cost me money.about a week or more now my solar panels quit working.I been getting the run around.Trinity says in will be here to LOOK at it but didn't show up.The inverter has a FAULT light on,which means it's not working.I said I need a New inverter.If I do need one they have to order one which is going to take 7 to 10 days,Than I have to make a app.to have it installed.the whole thing might take 30 days.And it the end of June.I'm going to cost me $400.00+the warranty takes too long..You know they not making money to fix it.Paying customers come first.Not happy in RI..

Mar 19, 2019

Dear Michael, I'm sorry you feel that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact the MA office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Jessie Aquino

June 12th, 2019 Belchertown, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeff G was amazing from start to finish. He was very straight forward with answering any and all questions. We love our system and would recommend Jeff to Everyone who is willing to listen to us.

Jun 21, 2019

Hi Jessie, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Jeff. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Calibanos

May 29th, 2019 Tuckerton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity solar instillation crew I had the pleasure of dealing with was excellent. The work was completed in one day and was expertly done. The problem I have and it may not be trinity’s fault is the length of time it takes to get your solar turned on and running. Also I was not givin a time line by my Trinity reps, and that I have a problem with.

May 31, 2019

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive comments and for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Notacustomer

May 29th, 2019 Fort Lee, NJ

After telling sales rep we probably weren't sited or configured optimumly for solar he made an appointment with his sales trainer which lasted about 2 hours. A follow up meeting was scheduled - never showed up or called to let us know the site people had rejected our home. If communication is this poor at onset it doesn't bode well for future service. Sales ranked over customer satisfaction. We have re contacted a number of people to whom we recommended Trinity

May 30, 2019

Hi, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 ext. 6138 and ask to speak with our Client Resources Department. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right.

Chris M.

May 2nd, 2019 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m not one to write negative reviews, it usually take a lot to get me to that point. I had my solar panels installed almost three years ago. The sales guy was great in the beginning, told us everything we wanted to hear. The installation seemed seamless. Took awhile to get the panels turned on, but I chalked that up to timing and the utility company. Since then I have referred two people who have referred other as well. Up until a month ago, I have had had no problems. Then, my roof started to leak near one of the panels. When I reached out, they sent someone promptly. Before even taking a look, he denied that the leak was in anyway related to the panels. Now, before having the panels installed, I knew my roof wasn’t in great condition and wanted to wait until I had it replaced. Our sales guy reassured us that the roof would be 100% inspected and a one time courtesy removal and reinstallation at no charge. Once I spoke with the admin team after the repair guy came out to “look” at the roof, I was quoted just under $4K for the removal and reinstall. I found it completely absurd and pushed back. Its been a little over a week, two rains storms later and I have yet to hear back. Seems like whenever it’s smooth sailing they are easy to communicate with, but the second there’s an issue, they go MIA. Would be hesitant to refer them anyone going forward.

May 09, 2019

Hi Chris, We are glad to know that until the recent issues encountered you were satisfied with your system and service. We apologize for any delay in addressing your concerns. A resolution has been reached and we are hopeful that it will restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

Kellan McCants

May 2nd, 2019 Allentown, PA

I’ve had Zero issues with this company. Very polite and respectful people. If I have something to say negatively it’s about the electric company or townships taking there time on getting my panels inspected and turned on. I didn’t put any money down so how could I really complain.

Caren borgwardt

May 1st, 2019 Manahawkin, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Salesman came out nothing but lies.we have had issues with our panels since it was installed.They fault all the time,the problem still hasn’t been fixed.

May 09, 2019

Hi Caren, We're sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your system. A member of our Client Resources team will be reaching out to learn more about your specific situation and determine what can be done to assist you. Thank you.

AJ

April 29th, 2019 New Egypt, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My electric bill has not been over $50 since I went solar! I have an all electric home that was around $350 in the summer Its so nice to have lower bills now.

May 09, 2019

Hi AJ, so glad you're happy and we appreciate your review. Thank you!

ROBERT MCKEAN

April 24th, 2019 Ayer, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SCAMMERS THEY DONT TELL YOU THE REAL DEAL IT CHEAPER TO STAY WITH YOUR CURRENT POWER SOURCE DONT SIGN UP , YOU'LL REGRET IT LIKE I DO

Apr 26, 2019

Hi Robert, I'm sorry you feel that way. Client Resources will be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns, confirm that your system is operating properly and review your electric bills. Thank you.

Lisa Valentino

April 22nd, 2019 Monroeville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was promised a cash sign on bonus. NEVER rec'd even after over a year and have been ignored when asked about it. Panels were installed and had to wait about 5 months for them to be turned on. Poor customer service and very slow. Actual install was great. Men left zero trash and were professional. Only good part. After office screwed up inspections 3 times. No apologies.

Apr 23, 2019

Hi Lisa, We’re so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We are known for our exceptional service and regret that we missed the mark in this instance. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and be reaching out within the next 48 business hours. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward making things right. Thank you for letting us know there was a problem.

Ray Parker

April 20th, 2019 Mystic, CT

Alright ladies and gentlemen, so far so good. This will be an on going comment. My first contact with Trinity has been stellar. My neighbor Maurice B referred Trinity Solar to me as I was helping him clear the trees out of his yard. Brian K is the salesperson I first contacted. He had very prompt response time. I called him on Good Friday, he was at my house by 0800 the following day as promised. Very professional, very up front. He went through the entire process, (and it is a process) step by step. He answered my questions about the company, where the panels are manufactured, (Canada, China, and one other place (USA is dropping the ball on this one)). I am currently doing an extensive internet verification of the information I have gathered. Four out of Five stars because everything went as promised, Five star ratings are saved for something unexpectedly positive.

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to earn that 5th star. We are very glad to hear that your expectations have been met so far.

D

April 18th, 2019 Uniondale, NY

Even though there is a "solicitors do no knock" sign on the door, Peter d knocked anyway. When I pointed to the sign he said it didn't apply to him because NYS wants more homes with renewable energy. What a line if b/s.

Apr 19, 2019

We apologize that you were disturbed, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

David D

April 13th, 2019 Westport, CT

Horrible ! Set aside time in our busy schedule to meet salesman at our home, with the understanding that the we might have to consider cutting down trees. Trinity informed us only after I called when salesman didn't show, that appt. had been cancelled. Wouldn't it have been basically 'professional' of them to give us a call ? Wouldn't touch this company with the proverbial '10 foot pole'.

Apr 16, 2019

Hi David, We’re so sorry that your salesperson did not honor the appointment, that is unacceptable. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 and ask to speak with Client resources. Your feedback will help us correct the issue with the salesperson and prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to speaking with you and thank you for making us aware of the problem.

Douglas Yodice

April 11th, 2019 Middletown, NY

Poor customer service. Canceled a meeting 1.5 hours before they were suppose to show up with poor excuses after being set over 2 weeks ago. When called to discuss they used incorrect information. Unless you want to be yelled at by customer service use literally any other solar company.

Apr 12, 2019

Hi Doug, We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your customer service experience. We strive to provide exceptional service and regret that you feel disappointed. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and would greatly appreciate it if you would call us at 732-780-3779 and ask to speak with Client Resources. We look forward to speaking with you and providing the care you deserve.

Jeannie

April 5th, 2019 Hamden, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In Oct a guy came to my door to talk about solar panels. I was interested so set up an appointment to meet with a sales rep. I remember having to leave work early to be at my house in time to meet him, day 1 interfering w my job... no biggie. We discuss solar and the benefits, he assures me he'll be there through the entire process from the beginning to end with any questions or concerns I may have. I then sign some papers and he tells me he'll get back to me. Once everything is approved he needs to return to finalize the sale, I believe he came on a Sat. Once I signed the papers to commit I never heard form him again. One morning a man shows up at my house, no badge, no trinity van just showed up and needed access to my roof from the 3rd floor. I found that to be odd. Before they even start installation you need to have a home energy audit so I call to set it up they only make appt mon-fri 3pm being their last appointment. So now I need to be home early from work for this, day 2 interfering w my job. I believe early Dec my permits were all set and they call to set up installation which you need to be home for since they need access to your electric box, day 3 interfering w work. That particular day it was pouring out, They couldn't get much done but did what they could and I was told they'd call to reschedule. A wk went by I heard nothing. Finally after almost 2 wks I call them asking if they could come finish this. Day 4 interfering w work. They didn't finish so needed to come back and again needed to be inside my house day 5 interfering w work. Finally done sometime in Jan. Now I'm told the town needs to come look at the electric before being approved. Weeks pass before they call to set up an appt. Before the town comes, trinity needs to come back just to make sure everything looks good, day 6 interfering w work. Early Feb the town came and I was told next UI needs to come to switch out boxes or something and yet again someone needs to be home day 7 interfering w work. After a few wks they call to set up an appt for UI. I had a scheduled appt for yesterday afternoon, had someone take time out of their day to wait at my house for them and no one showed up. I called Trinity leaving a message wanting to know what happened and no one returned my call that was 2 days ago. This is a horrible company. I understand that weather and permits played a small role but they weren't up front. If I knew it would take 7mth and 8 days interfering w my work schedule I certainly wouldn't have singed up for this. I honestly wish they'd just come remove the panels. I'm disgusted with the entire process, total nightmare.

Apr 08, 2019

Dear Jeannie, I'm sorry you felt that way. Since you did not include your last name I am unable to have a Senior Manager reach out, but please contact your local Trinity Solar office and request to speak with the Operations Manager. Your concerns are our concerns and will be addressed. Thank you for letting us know.

Diane Lussier

March 29th, 2019 West Springfield, MA

Beginning with Diane C who introduced us to the possibilities with solar energy through all the phases of installation, especially since Trinity coordinated with Interlock regarding our aluminum roof, we were alway kept well informed. When we had questions or concerns we would receive answers in an extremely timely manner. I highly recommend Trinity Solar for your solar needs.

Apr 03, 2019

Thank you, Diane, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Donald Scott

March 27th, 2019 Islip Terrace, NY

My experience with Trinity Solar was exceptional. The team that did the installation were professional from the point they showed up until completed. My sales rep David S was I informative every step of the way alleviating any concerns

Mar 29, 2019

Hi Donald, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, David. We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

Susan MacDonald

March 27th, 2019 Branford, CT

Trinity Solar was great from the beginning of our project to the very end! Bill N helped us really understand what would happen through this process, and had images on his computer of our property that amazed us. Studies of our property and how the sun moves, trees etc. Bill did a great job of presenting all of this in an easy to understand, professional manner. We found Corina P was also very helpful. When some changes were needed to satisfy my very exacting husband (a builder himself), these requests were easily handled. Because we had to have a new roof put on before the panels, we had to ask Corina to move our installation a few times to accommodate the roofer. She was wonderful! The solar panels were installed with no hitch, in the design my husband asked for, by some very polite, hard working individuals. All in all, Trinity, Bill N and Corina P, were a pleasure to work with, and we highly recommend them!

Mar 28, 2019

Hi Susan, Thanks for sharing a review and mentioning your salesperson, Bill, and also Corina for keeping you informed throughout the process! We agree he does a great job and is an asset to Trinity Solar. We are so happy that your solar experience has been positive, we truly value your business. Remember to take advantage of the excellent rewards program Trinity Solar has for customer referrals.

John P. Cammarata

March 26th, 2019 Waterford, CT

On time fast polite informative. From the beginning the salesman thoroughly explained the contract and services. The installation crew were great at their job. Complete installation took one day. The concierge service kept me informed during the entire process. I am very satisfied with Trinity Solar.

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you, John, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Joe Martella

March 22nd, 2019 Bordentown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely terrible customer service. My panel mounts were improperly installed which caused water damaged to ceilings on my first and second floors. I spoke to Kayla N who asked me to send pictures of the damage, which I did along with pictures of the improper roof mounts. Despite being told that someone would get back to me in 24 - 48 hours, is has been two weeks, 3 voice mail messages and 3 emails later and I got no return phone calls or email. I finally was able to get through to someone in their "concierge" customer service this morning who relayed a message from Kayla that she has been "having problems with her email" and I was given another email address to send my pics to. I guess Kayla's phone, voicemail, and answering service were also on the fritz. I will update this review if and when they actually do something about the damage that their improper installation caused.

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Mr. Martella, We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We’re sorry you had such a frustrating experience with regard to your roof leaking, it’s not what we like to hear. A member of our Senior Management staff will be reviewing your account and reaching out to work toward a positive resolution for you. Your business means a lot to us and we want very much to restore your confidence in us.

John Bova

March 19th, 2019 Billerica, MA

I would like to revise my previous review from earlier this month. After emailing corporate office and getting no answer from them I was contacted by Rich from local office last week on getting snow guards installed. He stepped up big time to get it done for me as soon as possible and was in contact with me every step of the way. Today they came out and installed the snow guards today and they look great. We will see when it snows. I also want people to kno that when I get good service I let people know and when I get not good service I do give companies a chance to correct issue before going and posting a bad review. I take this very seriously because I am in service industry and expect to be treated how I treat my customers. I would have gave 5 stars if this was addressed when it was installed. I do give them credit due to they say they do not install them but due to safety concern they came through. I give Rich a lot of credit I was not easiest customer to deal with but he always kept his cool. I give trinity 4 stars because it means a lot in this day and age for a company to step up and do the right thing. Rich thank you for your excellent customer service and you should be recognized for that because it rare now a days. Thank you John Bova

Mar 21, 2019

Hi John, Thank you so much for your patience while we worked through your situation and for taking the time to share that Trinity was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Maria Ferreras

February 14th, 2019 Hartford, CT

Professional and friendly on time and good work

Feb 15, 2019

Hi Maria, Thank you so much for your positive comments and for taking the time to post this review. Feedback from our customers allows Trinity Solar to continually improve. We are so glad you are satisfied with the solar installation and are excited for you to begin enjoying the benefits of green energy.

Erica Jansons

February 9th, 2019 Hampden, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Double bills, can’t reach them by phone or emai. Impossible to contact.

Feb 13, 2019

Hi Erica, I'm concerned that you have not had success reaching us. We are available through phone, email, and Facebook with contact information for all locations listed on our website. I cannot locate you under this name in our system, so perhaps the account is under a different name. We are here to help, so please reach out again by calling 413-203-9088 ext 1506. Thank you.

Rebecca Martin

February 8th, 2019 Easthampton, MA

Diane C was excellent to work with. She explained the benefits/savings of solar, the cost (and tax rebates/incentives) of the system and the process from installation to going live thoroughly. The installation of the panels went smoothly and the crew was respectful and professional. There were a couple of minor consutruction issues which were resolved quickly without an inconvience to me. The staff at Trinity (specifically Jacob who provided me with excellent customer service) did an excellent job at keeping me updated on the timelines for consttruction through implementation as well as minor corrections that were required. Our panels have only been in use for about 45 days and I am already seeing savings on my electric bills. Trinity staff was excellent wtih repsonding and following up and I would highly recommend them.

Feb 15, 2019

Thank you, Rebecca, for your positive feedback and heartfelt endorsement. We’re very glad to know you had a great experience with Trinity Solar and love your PV solar system. We appreciate you helping to spread the word and hope you will take advantage of our referral rewards program.

Jim

February 3rd, 2019 Oxford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had very high hopes for solar in CT. Sales rep was great and I finally installed. Been almost 2 years now. Installers were very professional and did a great job, nice and neat. BUT - I am now paying for the lease of the panels of over $300 a month and also over $350 to Eversource. I just can't afford this anymore and have to find a way out.

Feb 05, 2019

Hi Jim, that doesn't sound right. I'm going to reach out to you via private message for more information and see if we are able to provide some assistance. Solar should be offsetting your overall electric usage even if it does not cover it 100%. Let's find out what's happening. Thank you.

William Giaramita

February 1st, 2019 Rockaway Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional and never pushy from the get go. Ken N was straight to the point with the benefits of solar and how everything works. Never any hidden costs or bait and switch. What you’re told your costs are going to be are exactly what your costs are. Company always follows up and makes sure any issues are resolved promptly. Highly reccomend.

Feb 04, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on going solar!

alice reber

January 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i am a trinity solar customer and am very disappointed with it not only are my electric bills are high plus i am paying rent for the solar panels i am thinking about getting rid of them cause i just cant afford it

Feb 01, 2019

Hi Alice, I'm sorry you're not seeing the savings you anticipated. A Resolution Specialist will be reaching out to verify your system is functioning properly and to review your electric bills. We will work with you to understand what's going on.

Mae

January 25th, 2019 Wethersfield, CT

Reliable. They take care of their clients.

Feb 01, 2019

Very glad you feel that way, Mae. It is certainly our highest priorty. Thank you!

John Smart

January 19th, 2019 Pawcatuck, CT

My name is John Smart, I am writing this review on behalf of my father-in-law Lewis Rungs who is the owner our house. I just want say, for the benefit of other possible customers. That the overall experience so far has been really great. I mean from the moment Christy B knock on our door, to Drive came and us through what would take place, to installation has been a breeze. Even Sheri calling to let us know what is going take place next, they have been very professional, and paitionent (hope I spelled that right haha) with me, because I can mind of ramble on sometimes and not one of them made me feel like I bugging them. So in short we've been very pleased. P.S I just want to let the owner of Trinity Solar in my humble opinion, that every one of your employees that I've mentioned deserve a big fat raise. Your happy customer John Smart

Feb 01, 2019

How generous of you, John! Thanks so very much for your business and your confidence in us! Your recommendation is appreciated:)!

Celina Chauvet

January 11th, 2019 Uniondale, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have solar panels with Trinity Solar for one year and it’s been nothing but headaches and frustration. Trinity employees are liars, thieves and scammers. Please do not use them. During the one year that I’ve been a customer I’ve had to have my roof repair about four times because of a leak and now the fifth time Trinity is giving me a run around telling me to call sunnova to get a case number.As of today my roof in my bedroom is still leaking. I texted the supervisor and told him what happen but no response. Trinity’s employees are very unprofessional and discourteous. Please do not use this company save yourself the heartache, stress and aggravation. I’m not benefitting from the solar panels at all. I pay $80 each month directly taken from my bank account and still I’m paying over $130 each month for electric bill. Last summer I had very high electric bills over $100 each mont. I complained to Trinity and was told that I need a new meter. For my trouble Trinity offered me $250 but I recieved a check for $150. My next step is to contact the public service commission and Better business Bureau.

Jan 15, 2019

Hi Celina, I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with your solar experience. Your PV solar system is owned by a finance partner so we are obligated by contract with them to obtain their permission prior to any site visits or repairs. The solar contract guarantees production so any deficit in production will be reimbursed to you when the utility company executes their annual true up review.

Dave E

January 9th, 2019 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was impressed with the girl who came to the door marketing. I usually don't talk to people but she was very good. The salesman, Jeff G was great! He was very knowledgeable and personable. I am a person who was not going to buy solar, but he won me over easily and I'm thrilled with the new system that I have! When my system was being installed , the office kept me well informed at every step the way. Hannah and Chelsea were particularly helpful . The whole thing actually went in more quickly than anticipated . Now I am tracking the daily output of kilowatt hours that my system is producing . You won't be disappointed if you go with this company!

Jan 15, 2019

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and congratulations on going solar. May you enjoy many years of savings!

Claire Ditzel

January 8th, 2019 Benton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a person come to look at our home with the promise that he would get back to us by email by Wednesday. We never heard from him again. I am reporting this incident to the PA energy commission. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY.

Jan 08, 2019

Hi Claire, I'm sorry that the individual you spoke with did not get back to you in a timely manner. As I am just receiving your comments today and tomorrow is Wednesday, I am uncertain of the timeline in question. Perhaps it was an error in communication or documentation on the part of the consultant. I don't believe this would be of interest to the energy commission, nor is it fraudulent, but I do apologize that your time and interest was not met with its deserved attention. Should you concede to give us a second chance, please contact us at 877-SUN-SAVES. Thank you.

Anthony phillip

January 4th, 2019 Woodbine, NJ

Your workers did a professional job on the installation

Jan 15, 2019

Very glad you're pleased with the installation. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Dave Jacobson

January 2nd, 2019 Pennsville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Answered the door to a friendly salesperson, we always sent the window, roof, etc. people away with best wish's but to our good fortune it was 100 plus outside and invited the guy in for some a.c. and water. We heard his sales pitch and agreed to have a formal interview, with no commitment, with Daniel H. Dan was very clear and concise with our expectations. We wanted to buy to own. Being just retired I was wary of a longtime commitment but my wife and I considered this an investment. Dan did advise us of our old and weathered roof that sooner or later needed to be replaced, I was surprised that our home owners insurance co. didn't have us replace it yet, so we had our much needed roof replaced. That saved the hassle of Trinity taking off the panels for free, installing the roof and all the while interrupting our solar advantage and then the solar panel re-installed. Dan also gave us some local reference's of Trinity customers, okayed by them of course, so we went riding around town to those house's. One bought and the another leased, both called it a "no brainer". Called Dan H. back and the installation started. Must admit the time between installation and final hook-up took a little longer than the estimation.....red tape from A.C, electric, local inspectors and high demand BUT this is the bottom line.......before the solar hook-up we averaged paying $375.00/month to A.C. electric to a $294.00/month for a $65,000 buy. We are paying only a $5.00 hook-up fee to the utility co. The "leased person" told me he was paying the same to A.C. and was leasing for around $125.00. You getting this? but nothing is ever fool proof...the agreement on our loan stipulates a $18,000 optional payment after 18 months of the solar hook-up. If you can come up to that figure your payment will remain level, if not, then that figure will increase an extra $130.00 or so. But wait......since we have been connected, 9 month's, we have generated over 4 grand in SREC's and we will apply that money and our next nine months of our excess generated power to the loan. SREC's are around $225.00 per mhz. We anticipate paying down around half which will level our payment to the original utility payment. This is a no brainer for us. My salesperson, Daniel H is very transparent and has called us a few times to check in. I'm still in the dark about the N.J. rebate but I know Dan will straighten things out when I call him. Happy New Year everyone. Dave J.

Jan 03, 2019

Hi Dan, Thank you for sharing the details of your experience and we are glad to know you are satisfied with your system and our service. Dan will keep you informed, but feel free to call the office and speak with a Concierge if you have further questions. Thank you for your business and congratulations on going solar!

Darin Hoffman

December 31st, 2018 Plainview, NY

I had my doubts about solar. However, after meeting with the rep Thomas S, I was very interested in converting to solar. He gave us detailed information and explained to us the cost savings we would have over the years. Unfortunately, due to the location of the house, there was too much shade and it was not feasible. I highly recommend getting the information from Trinity Solar. It seems like a very worth-while investment!!

Jan 03, 2019

Thank you, Darin! What a compliment that you would take the time to share your experience even though your home did not qualify for solar. We have an excellent referral plan that we hope you will take advantage of. Thanks again!

Michael Walters

December 22nd, 2018 Toms River, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will keep my review to my most recent issue. I own an 18 year old home. Trinity installed our panels in 2015. The contract I entered into came with a 25 year commitment. The installers stated that our roof was in very good condition and stated that they were certifed and experienced roofers. We were never informed by these so called certified roofers that our roof only had a life expectancy of 20 years. They were aware that our home was 15 years old at the time of installation. Why would they encourage me to enter into a 25 year commitment on a roof that wasn't expected to last more than 5 more years? They preyed upon my ignorance. In recent months I've had several leaks during rain storms. All companies that have come out to inspect the roof state that any qualified roofer would have known the life expectancy of my roof and told me that it would have to be replaced long before 25 years. The companies that have recently inspected my roof state that the roof should be replaced very soon as the leaking is a result of normal wear. I contacted Trinity and told them of the situation. They told me that to avoid violating my contract I would have to use their installers. They stated the cost to remove and reinstall the panels would be $6500. I received quotes for a new roof ranging from $7000 to $10,000. When I shared the price of the panel removal and reinstallation quoted by Trinity, all of the company representatives that came out to inspect my roof called that cost insane andd ridiculous. I complained to Trinity and they stated they would do removal and reinstallation for $4500. I understand as a homeowner that replacing my roof in an unpleasant, but necessary responsibility. I find the $4500 fee of Trinity absurd and I feel that they are taking advantage of me. I regret every aspect of my experience with Trinity. I was mislead from day one by their sales representative and the experience has become a nightmare. I welcome anyone to contact me personally and I will share all facts. I encourage everyone to become educated regarding the use of solar energy and encourage everyone to use a company other than Trinity.

Jan 03, 2019

Hi Michael, I'm sorry you're disappointed with your solar experience. I have spoken with our Resolutions Department and they reached out today and left a voicemail. We'd like very much to come to an amicable resolution and earn your confidence. Please return the call at your soonest convenience. Thank you.

Sam Gallucci

December 18th, 2018 Matawan, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trinity Solar is a rip off. They promise the world. My electric bills are much higher with Trinity. They are almost double. I am in the process of having the panels removed. You can't trust them. They lie about the end result. I have sent some 20 e mails to correct the situation and it has not been corrected. Do not use trinity solar you will make a big mistake. Sam Gallucci

Jan 03, 2019

Hi Sam, I'm sorry you feel disappointed in your experience. Currently, our Senior Management staff is reviewing your account and is actively working toward a resolution.

S

November 26th, 2018 Branford, CT

I don't appreciate companies who send out sales people to cold call at peoples homes. I had a guy bang on my door the other day & flash his Trinity badge like he was from a "real" utility company. I asked him what he was selling & he lied & said he wasn't selling anything, "just trying to save me money on my utility costs". I feel companies that have to cold call obviously aren't doing well & are desperate for business. If I was interested in a product I can go to the internet. I don't need someone banging on my door & bothering me....

Nov 27, 2018

S, I respect your opinion and apologize if you were offended by the visit. Canvassing is a standard business practice in many industries. It is part of Trinity's mission to bring solar education and opportunity to as many people as possible. Trinity Solar was identified for the 3rd year in a row as one of the 50 fastest growing businesses in NJ and is recognized by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.

Shirley Godin

November 20th, 2018 Rehoboth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On October 25th, we wrote in to say our panels were still problematic. Someone had come out and said everything was ok yet all but 2 of our panels are currently down. The service man told us to call if we had any issues. We called. No response. I am getting ready to go to the BBB with this. Trinity cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. We have had problems with this system since it was installed. We need Trinity to step up and do the right thing!

Oct 25, 2018

Hi Shirley, after our brief private messaging, I have brought your situation to the attention of a specialist who will evaluate the intermittent troubles you have had with your system's performance. Following your service visit which is already scheduled, an evaluation will be conducted to see how we can make the lost production time right for you. Thank you for letting us know you've had a problem and giving us the opportunity to right it.

Dawn cirillo

November 7th, 2018 Villas, NJ

I was very pleased with Trinity Solar They explained everything to me and my sales Rep was very nice and kept me up to date with phone calls step by step . They installed my panals in two days and the guys were clean and very nice so happy with my solar and my electric bills are so cheap now . My home is a three bed room with pool and air and my bills ran anywhere from 275.00 to 600.00 and now 138.00 a month big savings love this company . Did so much research on Solar and Trinity was the lowest . Thanks to my rep Salvatore A who walked us though everything and stopped by after all the work was done just to make sure everything went smoothly . Great company Great workers and Great experiences. Dawn

Nov 07, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Congratulations on going solar and wishing you many years of savings to come!

Kelvin

November 5th, 2018 Jonestown, PA

I met with Chris L. A. on Saturday November 3rd to discuss possibly having solar panels and to get more information, at the beginning he was nice and everything seemed to be going good but when he was trying to get me to sign the papers his attitude changed, I didn’t want to commit to something for 25 Years right away, my wife was at work and I wanted to discuss the information I got from Chris with her and we talk about it together before any decision was made, then since I didn’t want to sign he kept telling me I didn’t need to sign cause he gets 7-8 contracts a day, so I told him I’m not educated on solar panels and he told me that Trinity Solar is not in the business to be educating people, I thought that was very rude and that helped make the decision not to go with the company. Very horrible experience. I said that Trinity Solar should not be advertising for a free quote with no obligation to sign anything.

Nov 07, 2018

Hi Kelvin, it is certainly understandable that you would want to consult your wife regarding such a decision and take time to make sure you understand all that is involved. Trinity Solar is indeed in the business of educating interested people about solar and any representation to the contrary is unacceptable. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Senior Vice President of Sales to address. Thank you for making us aware. Should you have further questions or interest, please contact our office and request that a sales manager be assigned to address your questions per your communication here.

Mike torres

October 29th, 2018 Howell Township, NJ

Trinity solar made converting to solar a pleasure. Their people are professional, courteous, and on time. I would recommend Tr unity Solar to anyone serious about converting to solar in an easy, timely and professional way.

Nov 05, 2018

Thank you, Mike. We appreciate your confidence in us and your business. Congratulations on going solar!

Matthew locke

October 27th, 2018 Moodus, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are the worst solar company ever. They still owe me 30k in damages. Never use them. I'm in a 2 year so far lawsuit cause of all the damage done to my home. When they sell you there products and say they stand by them, and fix all damages. Yea they don't. Stay far away from them. Biggest headache in my life.

Nov 05, 2018

Hi Matthew, we do not have a lawsuit pending with you and I am uncertain as to what damages you are referring. A member of management has made attempts to contact you to see how we can be of help. We will gladly work to resolve any concerns you may have if you respond.

Nathan Otterson

October 26th, 2018 Woburn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

nate was a great rep. we are really happy with our new solar system.

Nov 05, 2018

Glad to hear it and thank you for letting us know!

Robert W Stoddard

October 24th, 2018 Torrington, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed the contract in March of 2018 and was told that engineering and EverSource time would take until June before installation could begin. In June we were delayed until July. Actual install was not until September 2018 and connection to the grid is still pending. after install of the panels I am now being told a new service is required and they want to abandon my current underground feed from the grid and run overhead a new service. despite my objections they said I don't have a choice.

Oct 25, 2018

Hi Rob, I'm sorry for the delays you're experiencing. I took a look at your account and I see that you spoke with someone yesterday and there is active work being done to try and get things moving. The specialist you spoke with yesterday will maintain communication with you to keep you informed and help facilitate a resolution for you.

Barbara

October 18th, 2018

Things went very smoothly from start to finish.

Oct 18, 2018

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing!

Moussy

October 16th, 2018 Valley Stream, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased solar panels for Trinity and I had issues with the producing electricity due to a malfunctioning of the system, ending up paying a substantial electrical bill to PSEG company. I contacted Trinity to chain the problem and to question why I was not informed when my system stopped producing, and I got no answer form them. I called the salesman who toiled me that I was my responsibility to check the system to insure proper functionality. He even set up an appointment to come to the house and checked it out. Guess what! He never came, no phone call no massy. Very disappointing. Customer service doesn’t exit. Company took their money and now we are left to deal with a system that works in/off. Buyer be aware!

Oct 17, 2018

Hi Moussy, since you have not used your complete name, I am unable to research your account to provide you with any assistance. I will attempt to send you a private reply with contact information so you can reach Upper Management directly. Thank you.

G D

October 15th, 2018 Clifton, NJ

Hi my name is well it don't matter what my name is and it don't matter what the salesperson's name is im not going to put it out there like that ,he may lose his job and I don't want that to happen cuz he may have a family to feed. But anyway I had my solar put up by a different company which is momentum, one day I was outside admiring the panels and the cage on the roof. Someone approached me and we started talking about solar. This person was from Trinity, he was one of the salesperson who made his rounds in Clifton New Jersey where I'm from. So we started talkin . he started asking if I can help him with some leads and he would give me more than what momentum would give me for the leads. So I asked how much more but first I told him they would give me $500 per lead so he said he'll make it additional $250 per lead . I had too Leeds that I was going to give to momentum, but he made a deal and we shook on . I gave them to the Trinity Hustler I mean sales person. I didn't know how the pay worked so I kept asking what's going on what's going on when am I going to get paid, I kept calling Trinity and I said the two leaves that I gave you they already put the solar on the house and this that and the other. one of them was right next door to me And another one was in North Plainfield , everything went through . it took a few months but I kept calling Trinity to find out what's going on . I have no problem with Trinity , they were telling me that they have to wait for permits and they have to wait for PSE and G and have to wait for the new meters , they have to cut down one of the trees ,. but anyway all that went through .a few months down the line Trinity sent me a check for 500 then few months down the line they sent me another check for the other lead 500. So I have no problem with Trinity they kept their word.the salesman who approached me didn't keep his word on his part. So I kept calling ,I ran into him on the street a couple of times and he's telling me this and he's telling me that . and he just didn't keep his word So eventually I knew I was getting the run around yep he hustled me, So we had phone conversations and we talk in person . I was recording the conversations just in case a guy like that said he didn't say this or he didn't say that I would be able to play the conversation back to him.I still have those recordings of him making promises saying that he was going to write me on personal check saying that when he make a sale that he was going to put my name on it as the one who gave him the lead so I will get paid that way and then he changed it and said, he was going to wait until they paid him. But I never got paid eventually I told him nevermind keep it he must need it .I told him he was a hustler and what would his company think of him representing them like this. I told him he's not a man because he don't keep his word,I had a couple of more leads and I never went back to Trinity even though I had no problem with Trinity .I gave the two leads to momentum and I am waiting to get paid and I have one more lead now I was going to call Trinity and give them that lead and tell them not to let the sales person handle it. But I don't want to get the sales person in trouble maybe he needs a job maybe he's not making as much money as I thought could have been a nice thing for him if you would have kept his word with me but he didn't..

Oct 17, 2018

Hi G.D., I sent you a private message yesterday requesting that you provide your full name so that we may further assist you. Trinity strives to be a company of integrity and therefore, it is important that appropriate expectations are set and promises are delivered on. Please consider responding with your information so that we can make good on the Sales Representative's word. Thank you.

Peter Aleff

October 11th, 2018

I received today a visit from one of Trinity Solar's "scouts" who told me their company had identified my roofs as perfectly suitable for a solar installation. I asked him to have his company send me a written description of their offer, including the financing options and output guarantees, but he told me they cannot do that, they must visit me to tell me what they propose. I checked the site for their Eastern Mass office and could not find an email address where to start the inquiry with them, but their site asks me to fill out a form that would authorize them to call me, even with robocalls, and even if I was on the government's "do-not-call" list. I cannot trust a company that allows communications only one-way, according to their preferences, instead of letting me ask my questions by email on my schedule.

Oct 11, 2018

Hi Peter, your home was identified as having good orientation for solar without excessive shade, which is why the representative visited you to find out if you were interested in learning more. Trinity Solar installs custom solar systems and analyzes all of the relevant specifics of your home to design the system. There are also many options available for financing. Solar is simplistic in its benefits for energy conservation and savings, but there are many steps involved in the process that would be difficult to effectively communicate strictly through email. A scheduled appointment with a Sales Representative affords you the ability to learn what we can offer and the undivided attention of an expert to address all of your questions to help you make the best decision for your home. We certainly respect your choice to decline an appointment, but will always be available should you change your mind.

Kumar

October 3rd, 2018 Kendall Park, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a Trinity Solar customer since 2015, they are very good with signing you in but will leave you stranded when the real need arises. I paid for my roof and worked with them when they were delayed in installing my roof, worked with them when they could not read my solar meter for 45 days due to issue on their side but do not support or help you when you really need them. They are here only to make money, its a pity. When i signed up for Solar, they said my roof is in Great condition and do not need to replace it for 10 more years and went ahead with installation. After three years i started facing roof leak issues and needed to replace my roof. I am still under warranty but their customer service do not want to help with my roof leaks and deny their claim about my certifying my roof. So i gave up on they helping with the roof leaks and started looking at my own options to hire contractors. But no contractors are willing to take a chance with replacing the roof under my solar system and asking me to reach my solar company to remove the panels before they can fix the roof and when i requested Trinity to remove the solar panels so that that i can get my roof changed/fixed instead of helping me out they gave me a quote of $6500 to remove the roof and reinstall after the roof is replaced. I am very disappointed with their service and way they deal with their customers. It is very unfortunate, i do not know how to come out this situation.

Oct 05, 2018

Hi Kumar, In response to your review comments, our Resolution team is reviewing your account and working with Upper Management to come to an agreement with regard to your roof. I believe you are currently in communication with a Resolution Specialist who is actively working to assist you. Trinity Solar is devoted to our customers and are hopeful your confidence in us will be restored.