Best Company Guarantee Sunrun Logo

Sunrun

8.7

Sam

Agent did not fully disclose all costs for lease program. Did not offer the Pace financing option

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Sam. Starting August 3rd, 2016, the Sunrun Direct sales team is going to begin offering the BrightSave Prepaid + PACE to homeowners. By utilizing the PACE program through CaliforniaFIRST we are now enabling more homeowners to sign up for a prepaid system. This program is only available in CA CaliforniaFIRST is a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program for residential properties. We will provide your feedback to our sales leadership team. Please private message us any questions you may have.

Jun. 21st, 2018

Seeming good product and competent sales person.

Reply from Sunrun

We are delighted to know you had a wonderful customer experience and you are satisfied with your solar system. Welcome to the Sunrun family. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Stephen0118 Stevenson Ranch, CA

The warranty was shorter than what I expected. It was only 10 years.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Stephen. Thank you for your communication in regards to the warranties. We offer a couple different warranties when it comes to the solar system. We are more than happy to review yours specifically, please feel free to private message me your contact information.

Mark in Hawaii Kaneohe, HI

Made an appointment with their representative and he never showed up or called to explain why he didn't come.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your communication, Mark. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the Field Service team. We want to take this chance to turn things around for you, can you please private message me your contact information. Thank you for your communication.

May. 15th, 2018

Mark J. was very informative, basing ratings on him only

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience!

Mar. 27th, 2018

Never called me back. Not sure how they are, but if their reliability to call back is any sign.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations, we apologize this was not the experience you had. We would be happy to further investigate this matter.

Mar. 27th, 2018

Walt Hereford, AZ

They just keep calling. I keep telling them that I'm not ready yet. I'll call them. But they keep calling.

Jim W 92840

They use off short panels and really push power purchase which I am very schepticle about

SFiertl 85379

Highly recommended, customer service is reliable.

pressure sales with the tools to offer good alternative plans 91752

pushy, inability to actively listen and respond to the concerns of potential clients

Kim Essen

Professional & courteous staff. Would highly recommend.

T. Liu New Britain, CT

The system just turned on a few days ago.

William Franklin Square, NY

The service was excellent and I enjoy it.

Robert Greenberg Brentwood, NY

My system was down for 10 weeks . Very poor customer service .They told me 2 weeks ,then four then we don't know.

Haidy Behman

I have tried several times to contact them. They respond 50% of the time. Tell you they will call back but never do.

Taylor Siren Gilbert, AZ

Sunrun saves you money and also benefits the environment!

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Taylor S. This is such a wonderful review. We are so grateful for our customers, especially since we are still a growing company. If you know anyone else who could benefit from going solar, be sure to take advantage of our referral program by visiting

Jun. 25th, 2018

Jermaine senior Jamaica, NY

This company is a fraud please stay away from Sunrun they will have you pay for their mistakes.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Jermaine S. We are sorry to hear you are having a poor experience. We would like to assist in a resolution please private message us your contact information and we can reach out to you.

Mar. 25th, 2020

Irving Astmann Pleasanton, CA

Lacking in technical information and references

Brent Fallbrook, CA

They never contacted me to get a quote, therefore they get 1 star but should be zero.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Brent, we are sorry to hear you have not been contacted. Please private message us your contact information, we will contact you immediately.

Mar. 26th, 2019

Camillieri Delray Beach, FL

I never got even one response when asking for prospective installers in my state

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Camillieri. We are sorry you were not reached out to. This is not the Sunrun norm. Feel free to send me your information, we can investigate and provide further information.

Dec. 27th, 2018

Lipps Oakland, CA

We can't get anyone from Sunrun to talk to us. We have a problem and no support.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Lipps. We are saddened to hear you are not able to contact Sunrun. Please private message your contact information, and we will have a Specialist reach out to you!

Dec. 19th, 2018

Mike Villa Park, CA

Not truthful bad experience salesman was making fakes statement

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Mike, thank you for your communication. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction regarding the consultation with the sales rep. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we want to take the chance to clear up the situation. Please private message me your contact information and a Specialist will reach out to you.

Nov. 28th, 2018

Daniel Dias

refused to send me hard copy of proposal in the mail for me to review

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Daniel D. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we would love an opportunity to review what went wrong here so that we may provide the necessary feedback to our team. Please private message me your contact information and we can communicate with your sales rep. Thank you for your feedback.

Jack Orlando, FL

Rep was not aware of tier 2 limits put in by Duke

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback, Jack. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message us your information and a Specialist will reach out to you and go over any questions you may have.

Feb. 6th, 2018

ART SAUER Danbury, CT

SYSTEM UNDER PERFORMS CONTINUOUSLY . TECH SAYS SYSTEM SHOULD NEVER BEEN INSTALLED DOES NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS.ALL I GET IS A RUN AROUND. IF THIS COMPANY APPROCHES YOU RUN DON'T LOOK BACK KEEP ON RUNNING IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL REGRET IT. BE FOREWARNED

6 years ago Edited September 14, 2021

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Art S, thank you for providing feedback and giving us a chance to fix this. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. We would like you to be happy with your solar. We can have a Specialist reach out to you and look into this further. Please private message us your detailed information so with the necessary details. If you're willing to give us another chance, we can figure this out together!

Jan. 26th, 2018

Scott Beach Haven, NJ

Price was high, their sales rep was competent and showed up on time

Anonymous El Mirage, AZ

Project suppose to be finished and turned on over a month ago

Denise 8043

good at first then the service went downhill fast. Horrible company Im sorry I referred it friends

JOHNNY 85377

POSITIVE EXPERIENCE THROUGHOUT PROCESS TO DATE.

Stay Away 93312

The customer service is very bad and will take forever to hear back from Sunrun's support members.

Zoe Watt Adelanto, CA

took 1 1/2 years to install and there are STILL issues!!! would NOT recommend this company!

Jason Doremus Darlington, SC

Promised me 85% nowhere close , my electric bill is higher now than before! A scam!!

Steve Nebel Sun City, AZ

You really don,t want me to rate you. Billing is a major problem. Have a nice day.

Glenn Kelly Phoenix, AZ

High $/kWh, less efficient/effective panels, multiple inverters.

Bertram Wong Kailua Kona, HI

They do not do what theysay . They say thing and do something else cant trust them

7 years ago Edited September 14, 2021

Kempers Rio Verde, AZ

Dop not want to do business with me because SunRun does not like my Utility

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Kempers. We are sorry to hear you that you are not part of the Sunrun family, that is disheartening to hear. We work with a variety of Utility companies we can look at your situation in detail to see why were are not able to partner with them. Please feel free to private message us your contact information to reach out to you.

Mar. 27th, 2019

andy safarik Tybo, NV

They never contacted me when I was told that they would in 48 hours

Reply from Sunrun

We certainly hate to hear this Andy. We want to help with your situation and initiate our goal of providing a positive customer experience. Please private message us your contact information and we look into this further for you.

Jan. 23rd, 2019

DRKORAK Las Vegas, NV

I applied my information twice online and never received a call or an email.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello, we are so sorry to hear this was your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm. It's disheartening to hear your sales experience was not great. Please feel free to private message me and we will be more than willing to work with you. Thank you for your feedback.

Dec. 10th, 2018

walter g maple

i was never contacted yet still waiting to hear offer and get hooked up

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Walter Q. We are not happy to hear that this has been your experience. We want to make sure your questions are being addressed. Feel free to private message me your contact information and I will gladly have someone reach out to you.

Dec. 5th, 2018

Chris Redding, CT

They cancelled 1hr prior to the meeting and never called back to reschedule

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Chris, thank you for reaching out. We strive to always provide outstanding service. In keeping with this, operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! This is not the Sunrun norm and we have provided your feedback to the designated department.

Jul. 26th, 2018

See above

That act like car salemen, must be on commission

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your communication, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits in with your expectations is what we strive for. We are so sorry to hear this was not the case, it is very disheartening. Please provide your contact information so we can have someone follow up with you immediately!

Jun. 21st, 2018

Doug A

Product Sales are too hardcore. Too much like timeshare.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback Dough A. We apologize if our sales representative came on too strong, because this is not how Sunrun treats potential customers. We will share this feedback with our sales leadership team.

Patrick

Never heard back from them after requesting 2 different times

Reply from Sunrun

So sorry to hear this! Please send us a private message with your full name and phone number, so that we may locate your information and get back to you! Thank you for your feedback.

Dissatisfied

Never responded to my request for contact. Went with another company.

Reply from Sunrun

We are so sorry to hear about this, it's very disheartening because we work hard for the potential customers looking to go solar. This is not the Sunrun norm, and we apologize this was your experience.

Curt Wegener

Submitted information for a solar system and never heard from them

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback, Curt. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. We want to take this chance to turn things around for you, feel free to private message me your contact information.

John

Many financial questions prior to getting any product information

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out, John. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the Sunrun norm. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback.

Tina

Not willing to work with people who don't have good credit

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your communication, Tina. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. Thank you for the feedback.

Rich B Peoria, AZ

They left no proposal and i still have not heard back from them.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Rich B. Thank you for your communication, providing a one-of-a-kind customer experience that fits-in with your expectations is what we strive for. We are so sorry to hear this was not the case, it is very disheartening. Please provide your contact information so we can have someone follow up with you immediately!

tony Las Vegas, NV

The sales person was ill informed and did not know her product

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out, Tony. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunrun. This is not the typical Sunrun experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. This feedback will be shared with our sales leadership team. Thank you for your feedback.

Staci Portland, OR

Constant billing issues since taking over the lease of previous homeowner.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Staci, thank you for your feedback. We strive for a seamless service transfer when you are purchasing a home that has our solar panels. We are so sorry to hear you are experiencing billing issues, this is certainly not the Sunrun norm. We'd be more than happy to review the billing issue and assist you. Please private message us your contact information. Thank you for helping run a planet run by the sun.

May. 23rd, 2018