There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico to gain energy independence.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goal is unique.

As a result, the company customizes every system it installs to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun’s Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar system to maximize energy production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The rooftop solar provider saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their electricity bills.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states and territories:

• Arizona
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way.

Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design.

After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available.

When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day.

But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time:

• Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel
  • Finalize your custom design
  • Apply for permits and wait for approval
  • Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval

Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options:

1. You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners).
  2. You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis.
  3. Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you.

When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works:

1. We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced.
  2. We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed.
  3. We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors.
  4. We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.

3.6

Steve C
March 30th, 2018 Prescott Valley, AZ DETAILS

First of all. The installation guys were awesome! They were professional, on time and talked me through everything. I'm extremely disappointed in the salesman! He sold me a lie, a stupid pipe dream. I'm a disabled veteran. Married but I live on a fixed income. I pay no taxes. I made that very clear while I was applying for my system. I had concerns about getting the tax break. Which I was then in turn going to give them to pay down the balance of my system. That would in turn lower my monthly payment to an affordable amount. Around 200 $ dollars. To my absolute surprise. I didn't get the big tax break. The reason behind that being. My income is not taxable. Therefore my big tax break didn't come. Sun Run was absolutely NO help at all. I tried for months to get some help. My payment was going to balloon to over 325$ dollars a month. I pleaded with them to work out a deal. I pleaded with them. Explained that I could lose my house. There answer to my calls were to call the loan company. Once Sun Run had their money. They didn't care that the representative sold me on a lie. The loan company told me that any deal I had with SunRun was not there reasonably. Which was true. But my loan company fought on my behalf, to no avail. My calls were being ignored by my local Sun Run team. So I called the corporate office. I was transferred from one manager to another. I eventually was put in touch edith an escalation team. They called me back 2 days later. I was told once again that Sun Run is not responsible and they couldn't help. I was told that Sun Run hands were tied. As a result. I had to take out a second mortgage to pay Sun Run off. Because of Sun Run my bills are 200 $ dollars more a month. I'm not giving a ZERO rating because my system is working properly and the installers were awesome. I'm still waiting for Sun Run to make things right. I'm out 18000 $ dollars. I have to pay 200 $ more a month in bills. Where is the justice for the little guy. I'm extremely disappointed with Sun Run. I will continue to speak out against Sun Run and this injustice. I bought this system through COSTCO. They were no help at all. Please don't fall into the same trap I did. If you are disabled. Receive military disability and social society disability. Do not think you will be recieving any tax relief at all. You will get screwed just like I did!!! My name is Steve. I live in Prescott Valley Arizona. Please don't make the same mistake I did! The result could be that you almost lose your house like I did!!!

Apr 05, 2018

Thanks for your communication Steve C. We apologize for any issues, this is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. We want to take this chance to address your concerns, and see how to help! Please private message me your contact information.

Taryn Moore
March 28th, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

I'm not a fan of this company at all or it's sales team. They come to your door late at night and are continuously persistent even when you have told them multiple times you are not interested. The last time they came to my house, I at first told them I wasn't interested, they asked why. And I told them because in a year we were planning on selling our house. Then they got my attention by telling me it adds value to the home, and they guaranteed selling my home wouldn't be a problem. Well all that was a big fat lie. Not only do our leased solar panels not add value to our home, it actually decreased it. No one wants to purchase a house with leased solar panels, and the whole guaranteeing that a buyer would purchase my home is false. Not to mention the yearly increase of 2.9% to my monthly bill, and the fact that if I wanted the 2.9% to stop I would have to almost pay about 8000, and the buyout would be a little over 31000, but I wouldn't even own them at that point and they still would add 0 value to my home. If I wanted to own them I would have to pay a little over 61000! Other than that there is no way out of their lease agreement, not to mention my monthly bill as of right now is $155, when summer comes I will be saving absolutely nothing because when I first signed up they promised I would only have to pay the electric company 15.00, and that was also a lie because I have paid them anything between 30 to 50 dollars. Please do not sign any agreement with this company or listen to their pushy sales team, they do not care about you they only care about what's going into their wallet. Getting these solar panels was the worst decision I have ever made. We need to move and I don't know how that is going to happen because we can't sell our house. They are crooks!

Mar 28, 2018

Hello Taryn, thank you for providing your feedback. We understand you are in the process of selling your home and that can be a stressful situation on its own. Sunrun’s service transfer team helps ease the new homeowners into taking over the lease. We find that Service Transfers are easiest when the Agreement is disclosed early and made a contingency of the sale. To ensure a simple transfer, please complete steps one and two prior to the close of escrow. We're happy to discuss the benefits of the Agreement and the Service Transfer process with real estate agents or potential buyers that may not be familiar with the Sunrun Solar Service. Simply let us know when you decide to put your home on the market and we will ensure you have all the materials and support you need.

March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Mark J. was very informative, basing ratings on him only

Mar 27, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience!

March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Never called me back. Not sure how they are, but if their reliability to call back is any sign.

Mar 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations, we apologize this was not the experience you had. We would be happy to further investigate this matter.

Carlos
March 26th, 2018 Pleasantville, NJ DETAILS

I recently contacted the Tech team to find a solution to improve this issue or just remove it. But at this point, no answer. If any changes for good I will let you know but as of today This is Bad bad bad.

Mar 22, 2018

Hello, we are so sorry to hear about your experience this is not our standard business practice. Your feedback is valuable, and we will it shared with our Field Service team, we are also working towards a resolution and appreciate your patience. Thank you for your communication.

Janine Pieper
March 19th, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

After installing our solar panels I noticed a penalty fee for not utilizing enough electricity. I contacted Sunrun who said they had no idea why this would be the case. They were of no help whatsoever. I wrote to the local reps, congress etc., including Governor Brown's office and got nowhere. Then, at the end of the year last year, we were hit with a bill in excess of $600. I called SCE and was given some story that really didn't make sense, but now, I pay the amount that shows a cumulative fee on the bill. I decided to look at my bills prior to installing our panels. I realized that we are paying MORE for our electricity NOW than we were prior to installing our panels!!!! In 2015 the price per Tier 1 kWh was $.15 vs. $.17 in 2018. Tier 2 $.19 2015 vs. $.25 2018 , $.26 in 2015 (they don't have this in 2018) Tier 4 in 2015 $.31 and High usage charge 2018 $.34. On the side of each bill they have a "cumulative energy charge Year-to-Date" which if you don't pay, you will be hit with a lump sum at the end of the year. Our bill in 2015 for our Jan -Feb bill for 607 kWh was $120.51. Our bill for the same period this year for 404 kWh was $125.69. Does something seem wrong with this picture? We have solar panels now. We did not then. Our bill reflects $1.08, with a charm of $125.69 ( I paid the cumulative charge the previous month, so this is the charge for THIS MONTH ONLY). I am going to research which representative in California I need to meet with, as after paying over $20,000 to purchase solar panels, this just is not right.

Mar 19, 2018

Hello Janine, we appreciate your feedback. We can certainly understand your frustration and your concerns with saving. Thank you for reaching out and speaking with our Customer Care Rep, I have followed up and he advise me we are going to run a savings analysis for you. I see we have also sent an email to inform you on what is needed. We appreciate you taking the time to speak with us and give us the opportunity to turn this experience around for you!

David
March 19th, 2018 San Ramon, CA DETAILS

I purchased my Sunrun system. Installation was flawless and very happy with the system thus far. My electricity provider is PG&E and I will have my next true up billing in November after a full year of solar operation. With the size of my solar system, I expect to pay less than $100 to PG&E for electricity for a full year.

Mar 19, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience David! We know service issues can be aggravating, and we are thrilled this was handled in a satisfactory manner. If you know someone who might also benefit from Sunrun, you can take advantage of our referral program by going to sunrun.com/referral. Thanks for joining us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun

Jenny Gomez
March 16th, 2018 Oregon House, CA DETAILS

After the solar panels were installed August 2017. In January 2018 the 230.00 a month increased to $296.00 with no explanation. Bait and switch is going on here!!

Mar 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your savings with Sunrun are a concern. To address these concerns, we will run a Savings Analysis in which we will compare what you paid to both Sunrun, and your utility to what you would have paid exclusively with your utility had you not gone solar with us. When you have a chance, please send in your most recent 12 months of utility bills. These bills must include the kWh usage and dollar amount charged for each month. If you do not have hard copies of these bills, they can be found on your utility's website. You can use this website to find instructions for retrieving your bills. Please make sure the statements you send in are not the gas portion of the bill and include the necessary components stated above.

Remigio L Largo
March 15th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS

November 14, 2017 I was so disappointed with our solar panel installed in our house by SUNRUN solar We have it installed a year ago. EDISON sent me a bill of $1,900.00 for the entire year of having solar. I called Edison why they sent me that amount. There are only four persons living in the house. Before we switched to solar energy my monthly average is $225.00. SUNRUN billed me $265.00 monthly. But now I have to pay EDISON another $160.00 monthly usage and EDISON told me that my solar is not producing as promised by SUNRUN. We thought that we are saving on utility cost by switching to solar energy but it is a big scam. I emailed twice the customer care and services for help I did attached the statement from EDISON on how much KWH that we used and the response is, that it is not the statement they were looking for to analize the KWH usage. . I would love to get those panels out of my roof. Beware of switching to solar energy You will be paying double.

Mar 19, 2018

Hello Remigio L. thank you for the feedback, we understand you feel like you are not saving and that is disheartening to us! We can run a savings analysis for you to determine what your savings are. The system is producing as expected per the agreement, there are no service issue to cause the system to underperform. Looking over your agreement your pre solar usage was 17,990 kilowatts, and the system is setup to produce 16,604 kilowatts. You would still get a bill from the utility company for the remaining usage. Once you go solar, your utility company will begin billing you as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means instead of billing you for all of your electricity usage, your utility will bill you for the difference between system production and how much total electricity your home needed for the month. For example, if the system generates 400 kWh of solar electricity and you used 600 kWh of electricity in your home, your utility company will only bill you for 200 kWh of electricity. In either case, you will receive a net metering statement detailing your electricity usage, as well as any solar electricity credits you may have accrued each month (if you produced more electricity than you used). These credits will be incorporated into your utility bill, lowering your payment to the utility company. Please keep in mind that while the system may produce 400 kWh, some of that electricity is used immediately and your utility will only keep track of how much electricity is pushed back to their grid. This means that they will likely show a lower credit than the total production of the system. Thank you for reaching out, I will send an email to inform you of what we need to run the analysis.

francis niegocki
March 13th, 2018 Tomkins Cove, NY DETAILS

On Jan 31st I wrote a review regarding slow response from Surun customer service. Since then Sunrun contacted me several times and was able to straight out the problems I had experienced. Their installers were very professional adjust the issues. I am now saving and have updated my original review to a solid four. System works well and I can see the savings already.

Mar 15, 2018

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Fransisco N! Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience! We also understand strict safety, professionalism, and organizational standards all go along with that. After all, we're only happy when you are! So thrilled you're with Sunrun! Power Forward!

Francisco Armas
March 13th, 2018 La Puente, CA DETAILS

I was mislead about my Edison bill,nobody ever informed me that after 12months i was going to be charged$878 from Edison...i am now paying65 to sunrun and $877 a year to Edison where is my savings?

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Fransisco A. We appreciate your communication, and understand receiving a true-up bill that high is concerning. Now that your system has produced one full year worth of data we can run a savings analysis. With your utility, you'll be billed as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means that instead of billing you for all your electricity usage, your utility will bill you for the difference between system generation and how much electricity you used. In either case, you will receive a net metering statement that details your electricity usage, as well as any solar electricity credits you may have accrued each month (if you produced more electricity than you used). These credits will be incorporated into your utility bill, lowering your payment to the utility company. Please reach out to us in regards to the savings analysis if you are interested private message us your information.

David Bremer
March 12th, 2018 Covina, CA DETAILS

I HAD to take the SUNRUN system on my house when I bought it. No provisions to return the system if I didn’t want to take over the lease. Wife loved the house, we took the system. I pay 10 cents per kWh over SoCal Edison’s Tier 1 which is 16 cents. I very rarely go over the Tier 1 rate. My SUNRUN rate is higher than Edison’s tier 2 rate. My only savings come from the fees and taxes I don’t pay Edison. I also was never told about the residuals that Edison charges. I get a bill for $4 to $7 dollars a month. I initially thought “This is Great!”. Then I found out about the residuals. I started paying on the. Late last year but was still hit with an $800 bill in January 2018. On average, with the higher cost per kWh with SUNRUN, I am paying just a few dollars less than if I were on Edison alone. That savings becomes less each year as SUNRUN does their annual 2.9% increase. They are not regulated by the public utilities commission so we are stuck. Oh, and I also had an Inverter fail. Took almost 3 months, if memory serves, to get it replaced. Along with at least half a dozen phone calls. If you can afford it, purchase your system. If not, do your research. What is the rate. Will they keep rates at or near your electric companies rate. What is the turn around time for repairs when needed. I dislike SUNRUN almost as much as I dislike my LG washer. But, like everyone else, I am stuck for another 15 years.

Mar 12, 2018

Hello David B. Thank you for the feedback, we understand buying a home can be a process. The lease was transferred to you effective October 31st, 2016. Looking at the system, it is setup to generate about 10,523 kWh a year. I see you contacted us February 1st about your saving concerns and our Customer Service Rep offered to run a Savings Analysis for you. Once you go solar, your utility company will begin billing you as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means instead of billing you for all of your electricity usage, your utility will bill you for the difference between system production and how much total electricity your home needed for the month. For example, if the system generates 400 kWh of solar electricity and you used 600 kWh of electricity in your home, your utility company will only bill you for 200 kWh of electricity. We will be more than happy to run the savings analysis for you, are we would need are 12 months of bills dated after 10/31/2016.

Tom England
March 12th, 2018 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

We were told our rates would never increase. The salesman told us anything to get us to sign. We signed up in 2008. We have tried to get some relief from them as they offer locked in rates now. We are seniors who are disabled and could use a break. Bill keeps getting larger every year. Defeats the reason to have solar. They have refused to work with us numerous times. I don't understand why so heartless.

Mar 12, 2018

Hello Tom E. Thank you for your communication, I see the system was activated May 6th of 2011. We are so sorry to hear you felt mislead during the sales process. I have reviewed your case history, and it looks like this is not the first time you inquire about the same concern. I want to offer to run a savings analysis for you; we can determine what your savings are with solar. I will have a Specialist reach out to you via email to inform you of what is needed to run the analysis. Once we have the results, we can go from them and work towards a resolution. We appreciate your time.

Chuck Fraley
March 9th, 2018 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS

We went thru Costco for the extra security. Sunrun's installation was neat, well organized and well coordinated with a new roof we installed at the same time. We chose a lesser percent (roughly 75% of our previous years usage) and have now gone almost two years and our balance with the electric company is under $100, when our monthly bills ran $265 on average. Great experience.

Mar 09, 2018

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Chuck F! Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience! We also understand strict safety, professionalism, and organizational standards all go along with that. After all, we're only happy when you are! So thrilled you're with Sunrun! Power Forward!

Alfredo Zaragosa
March 8th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I had solar installed on our house from Sunrun since July 2017 and I was very happy with the whole process. My savings has been huge!! I also referred my brothers and friend, they are very pleased with the Service they received from the sunrun team! Keep up the great work Sunrun!!

Mar 09, 2018

This is wonderful to hear Alfredo Z! Providing the best customer experience is our aim, and it all starts by doing the simple things. So glad to have you as a customer, and hear you are referring your friends and family. Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Mike Jacobson
March 8th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Frustrated... (BEWARE) After spending over 26k with Sunrun, I have had nothing but bad customer service coupled with a slow runaround treatment! I went with Sunrun because they were the company COSTCO stood behind. My system was installed in August 2017. So far the $5,000 battery "Brightbox" broke two months after installation, it then took another month before they installed a new LG battery. A couple of weeks after that episode the transformer broke and needed to be replaced. As of now, the battery system is still not working. When I reach out to the customer service Dept. they are nice as pie while they are telling me to wait another 5 days before someone will contact me to make an appointment for a service tech to come out 3 weeks down the road and address the issue. Unfortunately I have to say, I've made a BIG MISTAKE going with Sunrun, their products and customer service have been nothing but a disappointment ( to put it nicely ) it's no wonder their stocks have dropped like a stone. I would like to get the Email address & a phone number to Evelyn H. ( Chief Customer Experience Officer) for Sunrun, and let her know her team is useless, and she should not be making a six figure salary.

Mar 09, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Mike J Our goal is to deliver a top-notch customer experience! We're glad that's what you received when calling in. We can certainly understand the frustration service issues can cause, and apologize for any inconvenience. To hear your perception changed after your interaction with us is disheartening! I see we created a dispatch yesterday; we are working on sending a technician to investigate the issue.

Patrick Pierson
March 8th, 2018 Hesperia, CA DETAILS

I have been a Sun-run Customer for several years now and i am locked into a lease unless i want to buy the remainder of the Lease which is still around $20,000. Not only am i paying between $200 and $350 a month for Solar, but i am still paying over $700 a year to Edison. And the more you generate with Sun run the higher your bill. I could have bought my system with a long term warranty and had virtually zero monthly payment. I have talked to reps at home shows and they have nothing to say. Nor will the person from Sunrun say when they read this. You want to say something... break the lease, come get you equipment and panels off my roof. eventually someone in the government will get wind of this and do something about it.

Mar 09, 2018

Thank you for your contact, Patrick. We can understand that savings are a concern for you and want to take this opportunity to look into your billing. What we recommend doing is running a savings analysis for you. Once you go solar, your utility company will begin billing you as a "net energy metering" (NEM) customer. This means instead of billing you for all of your electricity usage, your utility will bill you for the difference between system production and how much total electricity your home needed for the month. For example, if the system generates 400 kWh of solar electricity and you used 600 kWh of electricity in your home, your utility company will only bill you for 200 kWh of electricity. In either case, you will receive a net metering statement detailing your electricity usage, as well as any solar electricity credits you may have accrued each month (if you produced more electricity than you used). These credits will be incorporated into your utility bill, lowering your payment to the utility company. Please keep in mind that while the system may produce 400 kWh, some of that electricity is used immediately and your utility will only keep track of how much electricity is pushed back to their grid. This means that they will likely show a lower credit than the total production of the system. Outstanding customer experience is our goal! To understand your experience wasn't up to this standard is frustrating! We also want to take this chance to see how to make things right for you! Please private message us your contact information, so we can chat right away and help.

Dissapointed
March 5th, 2018 Denton, TX DETAILS

They want to call me, and too many people in the chain between me and someone who knows Solar. Way too much "marketing", way too little "technology" among the three people I had to talk with. Will NOT use them.

Mar 06, 2018

Hello, we are so sorry to hear about your experience this is not our standard business practice. Your feedback is valuable, and we will it shared with our Sales Leadership team. Thank you for your communication.

John
March 5th, 2018 Sun City, CA DETAILS

Useful product, comparable to other companies.

Mar 06, 2018

Thanks! That's what we love to hear, John! We pride ourselves on making the switch to solar simple, hassle-free, and full of savings! So excited to welcome you to the Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create planet run by the sun. Power Forward!

wil
March 5th, 2018 Grover Beach, CA DETAILS

Sunrun is a horrible company. They do not stand by their warranty. Several of my panels have developed moisture leaks which ruins the individual photocells ( as explained by their service representative) . They refuse to repair/replace the panels even though the panels and system are still under warranty. One thing for sure about SunRun - you should read their name and follow what it says - RUN, do not walk from this company - run as fast and far away from them as you can.

Mar 05, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Will. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! It is disheartening to hear you had the opposite experience. With our mission of creating a planet run by the sun. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike Gutierrez
March 2nd, 2018 Albuquerque, NM

I was installed with Sunrun in October 2017. My project went very smooth. I bought my house 3 years ago and getting my brand new roof was scary, but Sunrun was professional and took care of my roof the way a roofing company would. My first month installed my system was producing as promised. I have not had a month go by that was not fully covered by my solar. I would recommend anyone looking to go Solar to consider Sunrun first. Now that PNM has passed another rate increase, I am pleased that I am worry free of that burden! The only thing that was delayed through the project was PNM on doing their part, but HEY that is why I moved on!

Mar 02, 2018

That's what we love to hear, Mike! Providing the best customer experience is key when our mission is to create a planet run by the sun. Thanks for sharing your story! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun Family!

Mony Singh
March 2nd, 2018 Lathrop, CA

I came across the Sunrun rep at Costco, he put me in touch with the salesman Rocky. Next day Rocky was sitting on my dining table and he convinced me that I was getting the best deal on the solar leasing contract that I agreed to. He took my SSN, ran a credit check, and approved it. The next day I received a verbal authorization call from Sun-Run corporate office and that is where I learned that my monthly lease amount would have increased by 2.99% every year which was totally unacceptable to me. I then stopped the process. Today I called Experian to remove the hard enquiry from my credit file and they said that only Sunrun can do it. So I chatted with Allen from Sunrun and he advised to call the customer service department where I talked to Donald who was totally uncooperative and declined to help me in removing the inquiry and said that there was no way they would remove the enquiry. Due to this, my FICO score has gone down. The Experian representative that only Sunrun has the authority to remove the inquiry, and that they cannot do it.

Mar 02, 2018

Hello Mony S. Thank you for the feedback, while we regret very much this discovery we can understand your frustration. Sunrun offers affordable ways to go solar, leasing our panels is one of them. Leasing our system is beneficial because it’s an economical way to go solar. We run credit checks to qualify customers. When running a credit check, it’s a hard inquiry credit check; it can slightly lower your credit score. Sunrun does not have the ability remove this from your credit score; I am so sorry to inform you. We want to thank you very much for showing interest in going solar.

Howard Lyn-Kew
February 27th, 2018 Odenton, MD DETAILS

I was aware of solar energy but not until Mr. Jonathan N. approached me about installation that my interest was piqued. Since that initial meeting, I had it installed and he recently visited to ensure the system is meeting my expectations and provide more general information about solar energy. He is motivated, enthusiastic, and that along with the savings I am already realizing validated that I made the right decision. He is truly an outstanding employee.

Feb 27, 2018

That's what we love to hear, Howard! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. So thrilled you're now a new member of our Sunrun family!

Valton Berisha
February 27th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Very unprofessional, made appointments and disnt show up. They showed up a day latter without calling, wile i was away. And so on ...

Feb 27, 2018

Thank you for your contact, Valton B. Providing an outstanding customer experience is our goal! That's why valuing your time by meeting expectations is so important. To understand your experience wasn't up to this standard is frustrating! We also want to take this chance to see how to make things right for you!Please private message us your contact information, so we can chat right away and help.

Leslie Flint
February 23rd, 2018 Kapolei, HI DETAILS

I have not had power in part of my house since installation, and now 2 months later I can not get anyone from Sun Run to return my calls. It has been confirmed through several electricians, that the panels do not supply enough power to our house to cover the need it demands. I have requested they come out and remove the panels from my home so that we can have another company come out and install panels and restore power to our home. PLEASE I beg of you to do your research and chose a different company for your solar needs.

Feb 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Leslie F. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message me your contact information and we can work towards a resolution.

Laura M
February 20th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Don't go with SunRun!! I was promised two credits, $500.00 for a referral and $500.00 for being a Costco member and they have not honored any of them. I have been on the phone each day and they say that they cannot honor the Costco credit even though I have it in an e-mail from one of their employees that they hired to sell the solar panels. I should have gone with Solar City and so should YOU!!! Poor customer service, took forever for my solar system to be turned on when my referral only took one month, mine took three months.

Feb 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Laura M. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We strive to always provide outstanding service. In keeping with this, operating with the highest level of integrity happens without question! That's why we immediately shared your experience with our sales leadership team.

steve
February 20th, 2018 Hilo, HI DETAILS

I am happy to report that sun run is taking care of my concern .

Jan 27, 2018

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We hate to hear you experienced such poor customer service and we would like to use this as a training opportunity. Please feel free to private message me your detailed information. We can look into this further for you.

Johnny
February 15th, 2018 Dalton, MA DETAILS

Solar is a scam. Signed contract in July wasn't installed and running until November. Tried to contact sales rep several times in the fall for progress updates with no response. sales rep was super friendly made me believe I would be making a huge savings! I thought I was too since my bills until January had been half what they were from last year.. than in January my bill was 5 times the usual amount so I thought there had to be some kind of error. Contacted both my conventional and solar electric companies and got no help From either. Was just told they weren't working as efficient because of the weather/time of year. So today I get a call from sunrun saying I owed them for the last three months (the amount of time I've had the panels for)to which I was in complete shock because my sales representative never informed me I had two separate bills to pay he told me that sunrun charged my electric company.. so my electric bill is now almost triple from what I paid in January last year (the rates didn't go up) and am now paying the same if not more for electric! I have yet to see any savings with going solar. Would not recommend to anyone. Looking to go back to conventional electric

Feb 16, 2018

Hello Johnny, thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that the interaction with your sales representative was less than a satisfactory experience. This an area of opportunity and we want to take the initiative to make things right! Now that your system is active you can contact Customer Care (855-478-6786) with any concerns. In regards to your savings we have to go over a couple of factors. How big is the system, how much is Sunrun setup to offset from your utility bill, and you also have to keep in mind that solar is seasonal and the weather affects production. During the summer months your system will produce the most energy. If your system is producing and you are using above and beyond what the system can produce, that additional energy gets billed by the utility company. Once you’ve had the system for 1 year we can offer to do a Savings Analysis and see what your total savings are. Feel free to contact Customer Care or private message me your information.

Keith Wright
February 15th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

When I first had my system installed in October, they told me how to start it up and it seemed to work. 2 weeks later, I went to check it and it was offline. It took a week to get a service call to get it working. I just got my power bill from NV Energy and it was extremely high considering that I was supposed to be running solar. Apparently my system went offline again 3+ weeks ago and I was never notified. Now I get to wait another 5-7 business days for another service call. But at least they pull the money out of my account every month like clockwork. Use ANYONE but Sunrun.

Feb 16, 2018

Hello Keith, thank you for your communication. We understand the frustration service issues can cause. We have reviewed your system’s production, and it looks like your system was producing up to contract until 01/23/2018. The system stopped communicating the kilowatts it produces daily, this doesn’t mean your panels are not producing energy. If the inverter has a green light your system is still creating power, if the system is down you are protected by the performance guarantee. As a Sunrun customer, you are protected by our performance guarantee. This guarantees that you will never pay for electricity that you do not receive. On every anniversary of the In-Service Date, Sunrun will calculate the "Actual Output" of the system. If the actual output is less than the guaranteed production for that anniversary date listed in Exhibit A, then Sunrun will issue a refund. This refund is calculated by subtracting the actual output from the guaranteed production and then multiplying by the refund rate listed for that year in Exhibit A. I have created a Field Service ticket, and you’ll be contacted to schedule a date for us to come out and look at the meter. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Customer Care or private message me.

W. Barrett
February 15th, 2018 Oakhurst, CA DETAILS

So sad this has been a nightmare with Sunrun from the start with Sunrun, As it stands now I will not recommend this company. From the start the contracted my system out to be installed to Infinity I got nothing but untruths from the start. I couldn't never put in all that has happen to me. When the processed started my electric just keep going up but now mysteriously after the system was turned my electric bill went back to what it was. I was told my panels would be facing south they are not. I told the guys that was putting the panels I asked what way was the panels was going to fast they said west I said no don't put them in they put the in & said if they don't produce as promised they would pay to have them moved. The panels face trees so they knew from the start that the trees would be an issue I wish I would have called the police & had them removed from the property. I was told today they will not move them & the will pay to remove trees that will not help next I guess they will remove the home because that is blocking it also. So I'm paying Sunrun & the electric company. In the very beginning I wouldn't have a electric bill not so you to be hooked to the lines. I was not told that I would be paying electric co 40 to 50 dollars a month to electric co on top of the $40.00 plus to the electric co IF I ever had to pay the electric co it be very very little. I called my electric co & they told me my electric this month without solar would $73 or$78 I remember which one so what did pay $109 Sunrun & 40 or 50 to the electric co. So there is zero reason to have solar panels. Sunrun will not change the panels as I was told they would is they didn't produce as promised NO they will not. Please Stay clear of Sunrun. The sales person I told him I DONT want to sign NO contract till I read it & my brother read then we could explain to my Dad. He had me sign contract online which I didn't know you could sign a contract online. When this contract was signed I was very ill & lost my Mother a few month early I told him all of that & I told him I don't understand this stuff so my brother has to read the contract & make sure it was the same as his & he thought it was ok to sign. I would get lawyer but I cannot afford one but Sunrun needs to be shut down so they cannot do this to anyone else. To take advantage of sick people & someone that does not understand contracts & letting the company they hired & will not stand by what that company tells you is wrong I got one story from the sales person one store from Infinity & one from Sunrun so I'm caught in the middle worse off than before I got in this nightmare & they knew we live on a fixed income my Dad is 80 years old & in bad health as I am to. I told Sunrun I don't know how they could hold anyone to a contract when everything was based on lies. STAY CLEAR OF SUNRUN! PLEASE I'm sorry if this does not make a lot of sense but this is so upsetting to me & my Dad I thought the other day talking to them I was going to have stroke I was physical ill for days after. Every time I think about this I get so upset I cry so I cannot think straight

Feb 21, 2018

Hello W. Barrett. Thank you for providing feedback. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. We would like you to be happy with your solar. We can make sure solar is helping you by creating a customized savings analysis for you. We can also check your production and make sure you are producing up to contract standards. Please private message me your contact information.

Candace Thompson
February 14th, 2018 Santee, CA DETAILS

Don’t make referrals! I made a referral when Sunrun was taking over Sungevity. Subsequent to my referral, a contract was signed and my referral gave Sunrun a new customer for a rather large solar system. Neither Sunrun nor Sungevity ever made good on payment of the referral fee do me. I tried on numerous occasions to collect my referral fee, but was unsuccessful. My calls were ignored, as were some of my emails. Sunrun pointed fingers to Sungevity as the responsible party, and Sungevity pointed to Sunrun. The only information I ever received (several months later) was that I could go to court and file as a creditor to maybe get my referral fee. I did not...at this point it was not worth more of my time and effort to get what was owed me. And yes .... I’m believe this is what Sunrun expected. Create hassle for the victim to collect and chances are they won’t waste time to do so. The only remedy I now have is to tell others about my experience and to suggest they go elsewhere for their solar. To offer my opinion about how they failed to provide the referral fee, and how they failed to take care of their customers. Because of my experience Sunrun/Sungevity are companies that are not to be trusted, make hallow promises, and failed to take care of their customer. Sunrun must make so much money now that the concerns for their customers are not a number one priority. With all the companies now offering solar, you may be want to look at others before going forward with Sunrun; a company more customer oriented.

Feb 16, 2018

Hello Candace T. Thank you for your communication, we are so sorry to hear that your experience has been unpleasant. We can certainly understand your frustration and want to take the opportunity to change things around for you. Sungevity was originally a Sunrun partner, but Sungevity filed for bankruptcy. We ingested all Sungevity agreements and customers. We are so sorry that we were not able to offer the refer a friend credit Sungevity originally offered you. What we can do is honor the refer a friend credit of $350 that Sunrun offers. We would be more than happy to get this applied immediately. We would need the following information to do so. Your detailed contact information, as well as the contact information for the person you have referred. The referee needs to be installed and have the panels active and producing. Please private message me this information and I can have a Specialist reach out to you, Thank you!

Rafael Rodriguez
February 13th, 2018 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

I have submitted a support request, for the addition of a wifi tracker to my inverter and they never responded, also the system wasn't working for a week and they don't know why or how it happened and they have an answer for that.

Feb 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message me your contact information and we can work towards a resolution.

Ray Lucero
February 13th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

Long story short. Installed Solar in November and it has not worked. After passing all inspections PNM came out and turned the system on. It failed immediately. Installer came out reset the system and it ran for a day and failed again. Called installer again and they said they would be back in 3 days. Never heard back. Called again and another solar tech came out. Told me the inverter was bad. Here we are in Feb and the system still does not work. I am now paying for both PNM and Solar for something that does not work. Suggestion do not go solar. All promises including the 250 buck promotion is just a lie. I think its worth it just to stay on the grid. Solar is not worth the headache. I think i need a lawyer because i will probably end up paying a lot more in the end. All of us with these problems should consider a class action law suit.

Feb 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Ray L. We are so sorry here about the ongoing service issues, and understand it can be frustrating. Sunrun takes care of servicing and maintaining the system, I see we had you scheduled today. The inverter was having issues, our tech is contacting Ginlong. Once we have an update you should be contacted. Please keep in mind you are protected by your performance guarantee.

Michael Peck
February 12th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Our system was installed in November of 2017. We were so excited. The experience with Sunrun up until this point had been OK. The technicians that installed the system did a good job and were very professional. However, it would be well over 2 months before our system would ever be turned on mostly due to problems passing city inspections. Finally, in February (this month) we were able to power on the system. According to data from our NV Energy app, we were generating more power than we were using. Yay!!! Then a couple of weeks ago we received a call from a Sunrun technician asking us to shut down the system and re-boot it because it wasn't transmitting data to Sunrun. OK, so we did that. We were told that if that didn't work that a technician would be in touch to schedule someone to come out and test it. They came out this past week, without us knowing, and turned everything off. We call customer service and were told that the inverter needed to be replaced and that an order had been placed for the new one. No date given when it would be available to be installed and no date when we will be up and running again. My question.... why wasn't the system tested after it was installed? The only time I saw them turn on the system was just as the sun was going down, so not sure how that was effective? So, long story short, from about Mid November 2017 up until February 10, 2018 total time the system has been available for use? about 8 days. During that time I have had to start paying on the financing bills and still paying full rates and usage bills to NVEnergy. By this time I should have been building credits during at least some of December and all of January and now into February. Sunburn did offer us a $100 dollar credit on the system sometime back in January. Really? $100 dollars doesn't even come close to the increase in expenses of paying for an inoperative solar system that was sold to me with the expectation that it would cover %95 of our power usage, and also paying full rates to the power company. So much for solar power and so much for Sunrun.

Feb 12, 2018

Thank you for your communication Michael, we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. We proactively monitor your system and reach out to you if there are issues with the system. We do apologize if there was not much communication. I can certainly understand service issues are frustration, the good thing is we took initiative to resolve the issues. As a Sunrun customer, you are protected by our performance guarantee. This guarantees that you will never pay for electricity that you do not receive. On every anniversary of the In-Service Date (PTO), Sunrun will calculate the "Actual Output" of the system. If the actual output is less than the guaranteed output for that anniversary date listed in Exhibit A then Sunrun will issue a refund. This refund is calculated by subtracting the actual output from the guaranteed output and then multiplying by the refund rate listed for that year in Exhibit A. For example, if in year 6 the system was expected to generate 42,000 kWh cumulatively and actual generation was 41,500 kWh, we will credit your account based on the 500 kWh the system fell short multiplied by your refund rate, i.e. 500 kWh x $0.13 = $65. If you have any questions please feel free to private message me your contact information.

Anne Blakeley
February 12th, 2018 Yucca Valley, CA

My father died in November. The agreement was in his name. However, the home is not. I have been the homeowner since 2007 and the agreement was signed in 2012. I knew my father signed the agreement, but had not seen it until after he died. The agreement is not acceptable to me. Because the agreement my father signed is invalid I've been asking Sunrun to remove the solar panels and repair the roof damage from the panels. It's been 3 months and Sunrun has yet to comply and they continue to send my father a bill. Obviously these bills will not be paid.

Feb 12, 2018

Thanks for contacting us Anne B. I can certainly understand the situation can be frustrating. We want to work with you towards a resolution. I see you have been in contact with one of our Managers. We did an extensive investigation regarding your case. Please private message me your contact information and we can review the information in detail.

Donald Barclay
February 12th, 2018 Merced, CA DETAILS

The system works well and the is price fair. I’m leasing, so I didn’t get the big tax break, but on the other hand I don’t have my own (or borrowed) money tied up in the system. It’s all about how the math works as to whether or not buying is a better deal than leasing. One of the gotchas of solar is that once a year the power company hits you with a true up bill. Historically, my annual hit has been $1,000. This year it was $2,500. Why? Because last summer, unbeknownst to me, my system sopped producing electricity. Sunrun is supposed to monitor that. They didn’t. I only found out because a tree guy I had hired told me that he noticed a red light on my system. I contacted Sunrun, and by the time it was all over it still took several months to get the problem fixed. When I got the mega-bill for the annual true up, Sunrun offered me $50. I figure they owe me $1,500. I’m sending them a demand letter. If they don’t respond appropriately, I’m getting a lawyer and going after them.

Feb 12, 2018

Thank you for your communication Donald B. We are so sorry to hear about your service issue, we are also glad to hear it has been resolved. Sunrun offers to lease or purchase the system, we offer these options to fit the needs of any consumer deciding to go solar. In your case you are leasing, and Sunrun covers the services and maintained of the system. As a Sunrun customer, you are protected by our performance guarantee. This guarantees that you will never pay for electricity that you do not receive. On every anniversary of the In-Service Date 12/17/2013, Sunrun will calculate the "Actual Output" of the system. If the actual output is less than the guaranteed output for that anniversary date listed in Exhibit A then Sunrun will issue a refund. This refund is calculated by subtracting the actual output from the guaranteed output and then multiplying by the refund rate listed for that year in Exhibit A. For example, if in year 6 the system was expected to generate 42,000 kWh cumulatively and actual generation was 41,500 kWh, we will credit your account based on the 500 kWh the system fell short multiplied by your refund rate, i.e. 500 kWh x $0.13 = $65. Looking at your account you have received a Performance Guarantee credit of $990.47 on 01/01/2018.ou can view this credit online on mySunrun.com, and please feel free to private message me with any question you may have.

Ronald Holton
February 8th, 2018 Lakewood, CA DETAILS

They will do and tell you anything to get you to purchase the product. My panels are not producing what is expected sunrun does not monitor your system if you purchase yourself. You do not get a 30% rebate it’s a credit there is a big difference. Would not recommend to anyone.

Feb 08, 2018

Hello Ronald H. thanks for your feedback. We aim to provide the best customer experience. While we're happy you received our top-notch support in the beginning, based on your recent feedback, it sounds like we dropped the ball somewhere. We'd like to take this chance to turn things around! Please private message us your contact information, we will have a Specialist reach out to you!

Cheryl
February 7th, 2018 Garden Grove, CA DETAILS

I have been a customer for over five years. My panels have never delivered what was promised, and now I am being charged an enormous fee because of it. I am protesting because I do not think it is fair as I still pay a huge fee to the electric company. I would recommend buying your own solar panels if you want to go solar, and not leasing from a company such as this one.

Feb 07, 2018

Thank you for your communication Cheryl. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our aim is to provide a customer product that meets your expectations! It is important for our customers to feel they are benefiting from going solar. Please reach out to our Customer Care so we can further investigate the issue. Our number is 855-478-6786.

H David Whalen
February 6th, 2018 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

My system was installed in a timely fashion and running the first of December. The inverter failed, the first time in early January. I phoned and gave them the three error codes and verbiage. Their service agents had no idea what the codes meant and I was told they couldn't schedule repair until Jan 30th. There was only one circuit effected; the kitchen appliances; lost everything in the refrigerator and freezer. After power was out for nine hours, I managed to get the system back on myself. Two weeks later, the same problem, and again lost the frig contents. I put all my ninety-three-year-old mother's medication on ice to save. Was told that system had defaulted to the grid and it was San Diego Gas and Electric's problem and to call them. They came out immediately and confirmed the problem was with Sunrun's system. I called again and had to threaten with a medical emergency. A service agent came out the next day and opened the unit up. There was a fried wire which was identified immediately. The service tech stated that he couldn't replace the afflicted wire and the inverter had to be replaced. To his credit, he hard-wired the bad circuit to a breaker and everything came back on. It's two weeks later and still waiting for the system to be fixed. I phone every day and talk to different service reps and finally told a repair request had been sent to service a week ago and they will call me to schedule an appointment. Still phoning daily, still waiting for return calls they promise. I have now been on the grid for two weeks getting charged the maximum kWh rates allowable from SDG&E. After eleven years in the corporate world and over thirty years of being self-employed in my own national business, coupled with global equipment license agreements, and working with thousands of companies, Sunrun tops the list of worst companies in terms of customer service. I called my referrals and told them to go anywhere but Sunrun.

Feb 06, 2018

Thank you for your feedback . We are sorry to hear about your difficult experience. We can certainly sympathize with your situation. Services issues can be very aggravating, especially if you feel like you are not being communicated with properly or in an timely manner. I see we are currently working towards a resolution on this matter, please private message me your detailed concerns and I will be happy to address any questions you may have.

KAREEM HAMMAD
February 5th, 2018 DETAILS

I had 10 companies survayed my house and all agreed that I can generate at least 12000khw. The representative didnt really put any effort to ask questions or send someone to check the site.

Feb 06, 2018

Thanks for your communication, Kareem H. This is not the typical customer experience and we provided this feedback to the sales leadership. If you would like to provide additional feedback, or would like us to review your case please private message me your information and a Specialist will reach out to you.

RN
February 5th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Salesperson was trying too hard to get my business by calling me everyday. I don't need that when I'm evaluating different companies. Also the product wasn't the best.

Feb 06, 2018

Hello RN. Thank you for your communication. We strive to always provide outstanding service. We do apologize your experience was anything other than that. In keeping with this and the highest level of integrity we immediately shared your experience to our sales leadership team as feedback. If you have any questions please private message me your contact information.

Jack
February 5th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Rep was not aware of tier 2 limits put in by Duke

Feb 06, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jack. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message us your information and a Specialist will reach out to you and go over any questions you may have.

francis niegocki
February 1st, 2018 Tomkins Cove, NY DETAILS

My installation went fairly well except the system does not work! I have spent two weeks calling everyone from Sunrun with little to no response. First I was told this was a delay for the system to register. Maybe the computers were running a little slow? Then the Project Coordinator advised me that she could no longer be of assistance and I should call Customer Service. Tried that 3 times and sat on hold for up to 20 minutes and finally hung up. The email assistance states there is a 3-5 day response time. That is the most unprofessional attitude I have encountered in many years. The only person who seems to respond or care is the salesman. He has been easy to contact but does not seem to have any more access to answers than I do. The dashboard shows no production but does have the payment date for my automatic withdrawl. If I were to do this over Sunrun would be my last choice. The overall professionalism I have encountered with this company is pathetic. And it is laughable how they constantly remind one to refer a friend. I would think twice about referring an enemy!

Feb 02, 2018

Thank you for your communication, Francis N. We strive to deliver an individualized customer experience that exceeds your expectations! That's exactly why, we invest in the best talent, and actually employ our project management staff directly. Additionally, quality and reliability are major values we uphold, so exceeding your expectations is possible. To understand you believe otherwise is disheartening! We want to take this opportunity to get things straightened out for you. Please send me private message me your contact information, this way I can have a specialist reach out to you.

T. Cardosa
January 30th, 2018 Chowchilla, CA DETAILS

The sales rep was very knowledgeable and professional during the appointment

Feb 01, 2018

That's what we love to hear, T. Cardosa! Providing the best customer experience is key when our mission is to create a planet run by the sun. Thanks for sharing your story! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun Family!

ART SAUER
January 26th, 2018 Danbury, CT DETAILS

LIERS POOR PERFORMANCE WISH I NEVER GOT INVOLVED WITH THEM. WILL NEVER RECCOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE

Jan 26, 2018

Hello Art S, thank you for providing feedback and giving us a chance to fix this. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. We would like you to be happy with your solar. We can have a Specialist reach out to you and look into this further. Please private message us your detailed information so with the necessary details. If you're willing to give us another chance, we can figure this out together!

Lupe Borden
January 26th, 2018 Victorville, CA DETAILS

I have had solar panels for 3 years now havent changed my usage but i pay way more now than i did before i fot panels. I called to ask why i wasnt generating enough power was told they woul send a tech to check it but onw never came out so for the 3rd year in a row i owe 3000 to sce for my yearly services. Dont do it!!!

Jan 26, 2018

Hello Lupe B., thank you for providing feedback and giving us a chance to fix this. This is frustrating, and not the standard Sunrun customer experience. While your performance guarantee helped in this situation, we would like you to be happy with your solar. We can make sure solar is helping you by creating a customized savings analysis for you. Please feel free to private message me your detailed information.

Jerry
January 25th, 2018 Bishop, CA DETAILS

Supposed to save us money and promised the system would actually produce more than promised. wrong on both accounts. now told they try to never produce what was promised. run from Sun Run

Jan 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jerry . Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! We would be happy to further investigate this matter. Please private message me your information and more details. Once we receive the information we can look into this.

Stuart Schnitzer
December 27th, 2017 Edison, NJ DETAILS

We lease the equipment from Sunrun. We were assured we would save a lot of many using solar. Instead, we are paying Sunrun about 4 cents more a KWH than we are paying PSE&G. We were told it takes time to see savings. We have the system more than 5 years. Sunrun raises the price every year while PSE&G has remained fairly steady, and even dropped. We were told that we would be contacted in April 2016 and possibly get a rate adjustment. It is now December, 2017 and we are still waiting to be contacted. If you are looking to save money stay away from Sunrun. It will cost you in the end. When our lease is done we will NOT renew

Donna Brock
December 11th, 2017 DETAILS

We have owned our system for five years. Our true-up this year was $3000. Last year it was $2000. Our yearly usage has been about the same. Because we own our system, we are now told that we are on our own to figure out issues. They told us we should have our panels cleaned but this may or may not help out in our situation. They told us PG&E was to blame as there were power strikes on our system. I told PG&E this and they immediately came to our home with a tool too look at the electrical input to our home and others in our neighborhood. I walked with the technician as he did his research. All was good. I asked Sunrun for their report and they did not have one. We are now playing monkey in the middle and this is very very frustrating. All of our appliances, heating and a/c, water heater are 3-8 years old. Cannot figure out why our bills are so high and no one can help. Would highly recommend NOT using Sunrun because they leave you once they have the sell!

Oct 10, 2018

Hello Donna, thank you for your feedback. We understand that saving is important when you go solar. Keep in mind that the size of your utility bill is based on your usage. If your bill is higher than last year, you may be using more power than last year. Since your Sunrun rate is lower than that of your utility, that means you'd be paying even more for your current usage without solar. In other words, you're still saving. Remember that solar is seasonal. The panels will produce more during the sunnier months and less during the winter. Over the course of 12 months, you will still be saving. Your true-up bill may seem high but keep in mind this bill is for a full year of power. If you divide the full amount by 12 months, you will get a better idea of what you are spending on average. We can run a savings analysis at the end of your first solar year.

Bruce Hubbard
December 8th, 2017 Spring Valley, CA DETAILS

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUNRUN!!! After many calls Sunrun called for a customer review on work done. I spoke with them and explained the whole problems and I have not heard from them. I'm reposting the whole thing. Sunrun Inc. / Sunrun Solar is not the business you want to do business with. 1.) The contractor that gets you signed up deliveries a twisted presentation from the start of the project. They tell you how many solar panels that will a on you home but when it's installed it doesn't turn out that way. 2) They also replaced our roof and did not do it correctly. They had a lot of people on our roof when the panels were installed and they damaged the roof and when it rained it damaged the interior of our house in 2 places. 3.) They also replaced our electrical panel and in the interior of the house they caused wall board damage at tape lines and nails were coming out. 3) Water damage on our interior natural wood is really bad and Sunrun refuses to correct that problems that they did. I have been dealing with this whole problem for six (6) months. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUNRUN INC. / SUNRUN SOLAR. THEY ARE LIARS.

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Bruce. We are very saddened to hear of your experience with our sales representative and Sunrun. This is not the type of experience we wish to provide. This is disheartening! We absolutely understand the importance of being transparent. Communication is key, we apologize if we dropped the ball. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.