There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers in 19 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico to gain energy independence.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several financing options, including solar leases, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), prepayments, outright purchases, and loans.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goal is unique.

As a result, the company customizes every system it installs to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun’s Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar system to maximize energy production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The rooftop solar provider saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, Sunrun has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their electricity bills.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currenty offers solar energy services in the following states and territories:

• Arizona
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
  • Puerto Rico

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

Call our recommended rep over at Sunrun below.

3.6

Ray D
August 29th, 2017 La Puente, CA

BE CAREFUL!!!!! I tried to cancel my contract with Sunrun because I'm selling my house. The new owner doesn't want solar at this time. I was told by customer service that the only options I have are to buy the system at a cost of $36,000 ( contract says $21,000) and then remove the panels, transfer the contract to the new owner, or buy the system and then remove the panels. So, read your contract thoroughly and if this is your only option for termination, DONE NOT SIGN!!!!!!

Janet Sims
August 24th, 2017

I can only rate Sunrun on the installation of my panels so far,the team of Highpowered, did an excellent job on the installation, yes there was noise (to be expected. They left their work area clean of debris, and all the men worked together very well, (pleasant surprise). I am in the process of waiting for the final inspections to be done before the system is turn on. So far so Good.

Bob
August 22nd, 2017 San Jacinto, CA

Be careful this company tried to pull a fast one with us. We agreed to a price that the salesman quoted us. Had then come out inspect are house on Saturday everything was good to go, come Monday morning we got a email telling us there was a document we had to sign when we opened it the bank wanted us to sign it was for $1000.00 more from the document we first signed. Called and talked to the salesman and he said that the price he quoted was wrong . He never called but told us he did, more or less called us liar's and said he was right. I told him we had emails from him with the total cost. I told him to check his quotes and call me back, he called and said he made a mistake and that the cost of the panels changed . He wanted us to pay the differences and go forward. Told him to cancel it and we would like something in writing never got it . Stay away from them ,they only care about the money not you!!!!!!

Robert
August 21st, 2017

I opted for Sun Run because they were promoted and backed by Costco. Their salesperson was knowledgable and honest, and I investigated the panels they were offering and they were very efficient, though maybe not the absolute best. It took a couple of months to get all the local and state approvals and for the panels to arrive. The installation went pretty quickly considering there were over 30 panels (I wanted to cover Tiers 1 and 2 - we are with LA DWP) and I went up on our flat roof a few times to take pictures etc. They finished their work and replaced carefully all the tiles that had to be removed to access the roof safely. Here is the good news/bad news. The day after they completed, it poured buckets. I woke up to find a waterfall in the family room because two of the anchor holes they have to drill to protect their workers on the roof, were not plugged like the others. The good news part is that we discovered the problem right away and they came out to verify the problem and temporarily stop the holes. They also stepped up to pay for the cleaning of the Persian Rug, the sofa, refinish the wood table, refinish the entire wood floor in the family room, gave us $350 in gift certificates as additional compensation. So although they made a terrible mistake, and we were inconvenienced for several weeks, they took charge and provided first class service to fix everything. After five months of use, no problems, and my electric bill has been the minimum $11/month fixed fee, and I have accumulated credits to use if I go over my production. The communications during this process were quick and regular. I have read the other reviews and most of the unhappy ones were from the East coast and not from California or the rest of the West, although many had no geographic identification.

Michael
August 21st, 2017

Sunrun team was a pleasure to work with. Initial discussion to ATO in 74 days. Informed every step of the way.

Billy armenta
August 18th, 2017

We just got our panels installed. Sunrun was great. Always keeping us in the loop regarding the next steps. I would refer sunrun to family and friends.

Jason
August 14th, 2017 Neptune City, NJ

By far the worst company I ever dealt with my life. Their sale associate was late by an hour and offer no apology for his tardiness. The sales associate gave me no answers to the breakdown of the labor and costs of the project. He seemed way too focused on how happy I am going to be with all the money I was about to save. When I kept pressing him for this info, he refused to answer that question. When I went to the company about that question, their customer service would also refuse to answer that question and said they will have someone call me back. Which they never did, but kept calling me to tell me I am delaying things by not signing the contract. So, anybody looking at this company should look else where. They care more about selling you solar and the money that would be saved instead of answering some very easy questions.

leonard chrusciel
August 11th, 2017

i've had the system for over 3 years saved a lot of money and people very friendly and helpful highly recommend

EchoDai
August 7th, 2017 Plainview, NY

I love Sunrun and most of all the product it sells. The sales guy Robert T and all the others who helped me get this system on my roof. Sunrun is the best!!!! Great Company!!!!

Richard
August 7th, 2017

Apparently, Sunrun Solar no longer monitors the Solar Power Inverter, nor the solar panels performances. This is very concerning. I guess it is up to the homeowner to occasionally walk by the Inverter and observe its functions. I have had a Red 'Fault' indication on my Solar Edge Inverter for more than a week, and no action has been taken by Sunrun. I informed Sunrun last week about the fault, and even had to take a picture and email it to them (really?). I asked them if I could monitor the Inverter on my PC, and they said they do not install that capability anymore. So all they seem to care about is the power output on the meter, and not whether the system is failing or has failed. As far as I know, there could be one or two solar panels not working and robbing me of the solar power I should be getting. Where I used to get solar production in the 70's and high 60's kWh, I am not getting production in the LOW 60's and 50's. This is the time of year I should be getting highest production, and here I am getting a decrease in production. But Sunrun doesn't appear to really care. Do you?

Donald Carruth
August 7th, 2017 East Brunswick, NJ

I have to agree with the one star reviews... My inverter was removed for service the last week in May... They said it was going to take a month to repair... Well after one month it was still not finished and I called for a status update... They couldn't give me any information and said they would call me back... Never got a call back and have sent three emails to customer service regarding this issue since then with absolutely no response. They even say in their automatic reply email that response is 2 to 3 business days which they haven't even come close to. It is the height of summer when I need the solar panels to work the most... And they could care less...If you haven't gotten solar yet definitely avoid sun run. Their customer service is obviously nonexistent. Update to review. It is now 8/4/17 and I am into the third month not having my invertor back and I have gotten nothing but excuses from Sun Run. It should also be noted that the only response I had to my complaints was through Yelp, not even through the emails that I sent to customer service. Oh, and I never received a phone call back from the original call back in the end of June. The only excuse they had was that this affected a percentage of customers. Sorry but that doesn't pay my inflated electric bill that I now have because I'm going the entire summer without solar that I was told would be done in a month.

Don Chambers
August 4th, 2017 Lakewood, CA

My system was installed by Sunrun 2 years ago and I could not be happier. The install was quick and easy. The system works like a champ

Daniel Worth
August 2nd, 2017 North Charleston,SC

I was looking for different independent electrical systems, so I signed up with Sunrun. I really enjoyed their customer service, it was very good. So far, I've been a satisfied customer.

Coleen Jackson
August 2nd, 2017 Yuma, AZ

Sunrun has a good rating on the internet, so that made us consider them. Their representative was very good, and although they haven't done anything yet, we did sign up with them.

Zoe Watt
July 31st, 2017 Adelanto, CA

took 1 1/2 years to install and there are STILL issues!!! would NOT recommend this company!

Penelope Gorby
July 31st, 2017

My experience with sunrun has been wonderful!!! When I saw the sales force outside Home Depot, my first thought was to go out a different door to avoid them. By the time I left, my thought had changed to it wouldn't hurt to learn a more about solar energy. Now I'm so happy that I am a sunrun customer! The salesperson estimated that the solar panel design he developed for my house would take care of about 95% of my use. Actually, over 100% of my electrical use was provided during my first year. He volunteered an aerial view and technical write-up to help me with my HOA architectural review. The young looking installation group worked quietly and efficiently in placing all the panels on the roof and connecting the lines and new meters. At every stage all my questions (and all the questions of the neighbors) were answered pleasantly and fully. My only complaint is probably with the SC legislature as the utility company SCE&G only paid me about 25% as much for my excess kilowatt-hours as they charge us customers for the kilowatt-hours we use. Sunrun has more than met all expectations in my solar experience. I've saved some money for sure, but more importantly I'm using God's natural sunlight and leaving other energy resources for future generations!

Richard Osborne
July 25th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Starting to finish this has been amazing. At first was skeptically talked to sales person was explained everything. Insulation was W/O ??? and very easy on my part (did nothing) conpletion again timely and easy WOW I'ved enjoying this new experience!!

Jana Young
July 24th, 2017

NEVER BUY FROM SUN RUN> I believe at least 70 % of the 10 rating they are claiming to get are from their company. Look at the dates several on concurrent dates several on the same day short evaluation of the company. Terrible is a good word to describe Sun Run. We purchased a new home through Toll Brothers in Moorpark Ca. They charged us 12,500.00 for the system and its under the signed contract that we purchased it. Only over 3 years later when we are selling our home we find out SunRun sent a claim of a lease to the recorders office where the Title Company found it and only then does it show a "LEASE". The Title company showed me a 2 page letter from Toll Brothers saying we were taking possession of the system and claiming we received the Sun Run agreement. The 2 page agreement was brought to me over a week after escrow closed. The realtor came to our house walked into our kitchen through the garage doors as we had been moving in. The realtor said she missed one document that I needed to sign acknowledging we were now responsible for the solar panels. She said she had to get back to the sales office and asked me just to sign it and she would later return and give me a copy of the 2 page document. Never received anything from her. When I talked with the solar company they said we had a lease and the $12,500 we paid Toll Brothers was a 20 year pre payment of the lease. Toll Brothers paid them approximately $7,500.00 for the solar unit. It never said anything about a lease to them. Toll Brother scams me for an extra $5000.00 pure profit. When I contracted the realtor of Toll Brothers she refused to do anything about it. Sun Run just sends me emails saying they want us to sign the agreement before we can transfer the solar unit to the new buyer. Filed a formal complaint with the real estate board for the realtor's unethical practice. What a scam Toll Brothers the builder and Sun Run work together to rip people off.

Carl
July 17th, 2017 Bordentown, NJ

This company does not honor the referral system & will change it on a customer without notice or warning because as the customer rep stated, "There isn't any contract that guarantees a promised amount." The rep also continuously laughed at me because I honestly thought they would honor a referral. The guy was never fired & Sunrun called it a training issue. Stay away from Sunrun.

John
July 13th, 2017

My experience with Sunrun is that of complete dis-organization. My mother signed a twenty year lease with these crooks for a crazy amount of money. From that beginning we had electrical problems caused by a faulty installation of the new 100 amp system. We have leaky roof problems where they put long screws through the roof they come all the way through and can be seen and are leaking water. The funny thing is that most of this is an easy fix, after making multiple phone calls to Sun run and horizon solar I finally got fed up with their inability to keep an appointment and handle the problem. So now they're threatening to turn my system off and I have to severely disabled women living in the house that I take care of. So I would give Sun run an F for their ability to handle a simple problem and take care of it. I do not feel comfortable signing responsibility for this system because if I signed the contract I'm agreeing to their lousy customer-service, their poor ability to even organize a simple service call for a man to come out and fix it and they're horrible ability to not document multiple phone calls to both horizon and Sun run. Nightmare nightmare nightmare!!!

Darlene Reynolds
July 11th, 2017

Can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone when I call. Called because my unit was operational but I wasn't being billed. Told me they couldn't bill me until they got an ok from APS. I asked what I needed to do, was told, wrote it down, called APS and they acted like I was crazy. Called Sun Run back and was told not to worry about it. I explained that I did not want to get hit with a large multiple month bill when the problem wasn't mine. I was assured I wouldn't. Then low and behold I get 4 emails--each one doubling the amount due stating the amount would be charge to my account in August. I immediately called back to ask what was going on and was told not to worry about it that billing was investigating and trying to figure out what to do with my account. I asked to talk to some one in billing and never got a straight answer as to why I couldn't speak to anyone and I asked that someone contact me and here it it almost a week later and no phone call. So people, if Sun Run shows up at your door, I suggest you say no thank you. I can see that I'm going to have nothing but trouble over the course of this agreement.

Marion Doran
July 11th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Every one that came out to the house was great. Explain all features and answer all question

Howard Lewis
July 11th, 2017 Mesa, AZ

I am not very impressed with Sunrun and their service after the installation of my system. I am having issues with the system producing power. The system keeps shutting down and at this time ... we cannot get the system to power up. I am currently in the peak power usage in Phoenix and I just got an email that a service technician will be contacting in about a WEEK? and if they do not contact me give customer service a call. I am concerned with the cost of the power I am using from APS with no rate plan or discount.

Rich Graham
July 7th, 2017

Our nightmare with Sunrun began over a year ago. From the early lies to the inane excuses for the endless delays, a year later we finally have a system that kind of works, but it is not optimized and their only concern is strong arming us into paying for a system that does not perform as promised. The installation began December 27 and wasn't completed until May, after failing state inspection twice. Sunrun had neither the materials nor the knowledge to install this system properly. Once turned on in April, our electric usage doubled. When we realized what was happening, Sunrun sent an electrician who spent 4 1/2 hours rewiring the system then tried to tell us it was a problem Tesla programming of the batteries caused. As of this writing, we have not been given any appeasement for the 6 months of unnecessary electric bills that we were promised, nor do we have any answers about why the system is importing power from HELCO 24/7, even in full sun. We have got nothing but lies and excuses for a year, and are now stuck with a sub-par solar system that will not power out house after a hurricane as we were told it would before deciding to purchase.

D Smith
July 6th, 2017 Pomona, CA

We leased solar panels from Sunrun in 2015. We recently sold that house and closed escrow at the end of May, 2017. Service transferred to new owners. I received my last bill in June since we were told that we paid a month behind. I received another bill for a different amount in July, 2017. I called and the customer service rep couldn't help me figure it out for the longest time. He then went talk to his supervisor. He said that his supervisor said we were misinformed and that we were paying two months behind. I said ok then give me our contract info and when payments started on our account. They apparently don't have that information anymore because the contract is no longer in our name. Now I would think that for tax purposes they would keep this information but we no longer exist in their system and he can't prove that we paid two months behind according to his supervisor. So it's just a guess? That's a load of crap and I filed a claim through my bank for the unauthorized debit and to no longer accept debits from that company. If you are going solar just buy the panels and save yourself the hassle if you plan on selling in the future. By the way, we didn't save that much money and we had a $30,000 system.

Jennifer Garcia
June 19th, 2017 West Sacramento, CA

It is early on in my SunRun journey. I've been Solar for only one month. But, this was a very easy transition. I was supported through and have had an easy time getting answers to all my questions. I hope this ends up bring the financial savings I am hoping for. I already know we are making a positive impact on the environment with this change. Happy Customer! Solar Geek! Jen Garcia

Alvin J Clark
June 15th, 2017 Travelers Rest, SC

Alvin J. Clark I was very pleased with the great services that was provided to me with Sun Run. They were very professional and courteous every time I had to call them regardless what time it was during the day.

I T
June 14th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

It was great, everything was done on time and as advertised; no complains so far

Tom Fisher
June 13th, 2017 Greer, SC

My experience with Sunrun has been one of my best business experiences, if not THE BEST! From initial presentation to "going solar" was seamless. I was kept informed or every step (before, during, & after). Each and every person in Sunrun, with whom I had contact was clear, concise, and helpful beyond words. I am a "senior" with 53 years experience in the business world. Speaking candidly and honestly, I can recall no prior experience when everything was delivered as promised and on time. Best of all, it was stress-free for me and my wife. We recommend Sunrun without reservation. We are now planning where to vacation with our savings!!

marie que
June 13th, 2017 Berlin, CT

The sales team was very knowledgeable. They anticipated all of our questions and those that we hadn't even though of. The install team was fast and neat. Installed on a grey rainy day and my yard looked undisturbed. Everything from the sales and solar evaluation to town inspection and electric to solar meter switchover was super quick! Anyone can contact me if they want more info on my install.

K Hodge
June 13th, 2017 Kannapolis, NC

Too many people involved who apparently didn't comuntate with one another and it took well over a month to get the system running after it was installed. If I could have had it taken down I would have. Unacceptable. ..

mandy
June 12th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

The consultant Aaron is professional and nice. that cause the installation was fast. , and you would have a warranty.

Joyce Pierson
June 12th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I have been using my solar system designed by SUNRUN since January 2017, 6 months. After several delays in installation, I am happy to see results now, more than 200 kWh weekly. The ideal is to produce what we use to avoid the high bills during peak usage in hot summer months in Arizona. Currently I have produced over 2000 kWh in excess of usage. That should allow us full use of our central air without high monthly bills to our electric company. I must also say that most of the problems we encountered were due to the age and structure of this house. When the inspector failed the completed job, SUNRUN stepped in & worked directly with the installer and me to get our system working. Their customer service department was excellent in follow up throughout my frustrations. I am also very satisfied with my sales rep throughout. He continues to be available & interested in any questions or concerns I might have about my system and it's impact on electric energy consumption. Lastly, I love the mobile app that SUNRUN has linked to my system enabling me to monitor production by day, week, month and year. It is fantastic!

Jeff Houde
June 12th, 2017

From the time the sales guy knocked on my door and the 46 panel, two inverter system was installed and approved, the experience was nothing short of excellent. The system has performed as advertised other than one small glitch that was immediately addressed and resolved. Information was readily available and any questions/concerns were responded to quickly and professionally. About the only issue was PG&E dragging their feet through the approval process. I would heartily recommend the Sunrun team to anyone seeking a solar solution. Thank you to Josh and Troy and Jake. You guys were great!!

Christy B
June 12th, 2017 Staten Island, NY

I can't say enough GOOD things about this company. Jon, our representative was awesome, he really took the time to explain everything. Everything went quickly once our county and electric provider approved everything. They came out and installed the entire system in 1 day. And the best part is the panels look great, there is no shiny silver wiring showing on the roof or exterior of the house like I've seen on other company's installation. They only thing that you can see on our roof is the black panels themselves, everything else is hidden. Now that we have been using the system for approximately a month we really love it, we especially love the app that lets you see how much energy you are producing in a given day. Great company, I would and have recommended them to all of our friends and family.

Ward D Hendrix
June 12th, 2017 Glendale, AZ

Sunrun and it's installers were fantastic through the whole process of certification, installation and timeline. We would happily recommend them to any interested party.

Bill Meinke
May 15th, 2017 Long Beach, CA

Very satisfied. We purchased Sunrun through Costco. Very smooth. They beat all of their benchmark dates by quite a bit. Sales was very low key but gave us more insight than other companies. Installation was quick and clean. Highly recommended.

Marcus Williamson
May 15th, 2017 Easley, SC

I've been a Sunrun customer for about 8 month and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience in going solar.

Dennis Garcia
May 12th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

I had "turned away" about a dozen solar company "salesmen" over the past few years after they said "I don't know" when asked questions about the panels, the installation, the inverter, or other important aspects of going "solar". Sunrun was the first company that had ALL the answers to my questions and made the process easy to understand. They handled all the permits/reg.s and partnering with PG&E was seamless. They waited for my approval every step of the way, and worked with me for the "design configuration" of the panel installation and kept the "street-view" unchanged from pre-solar appearance. They delivered and installed the equipment without any problems and workmanship was top-notch. I had no "issues" with going solar because they KNEW what to do, and how to do it the best way possible. It has been almost 1 year since my installation and I am VERY pleased with the results.

Randy Forney
May 10th, 2017

I talked to a representative named Nils W about Installing solar power. Made a 500 dollar refundable deposit. I changed my mind and notified Mr. W of my decision on may 1. Today is may 10 , and they cannot tell me when I will receive my 500.I would caution anyone against using Sunrun.

Darlene Floriano
May 8th, 2017 Madera, CA

I met SunRun at our local Costco. I asked a few questions and the agent seemed knowledgeable. Then someone was supposed to come out for an appointment that next week. When they called they tried to cancel. I told them that I cannot change it because I would be on a business trip for two weeks and my husband and I wanted to both be there at the same time. So they agreed and scheduled me. Then a half hour before the rep tried to cancel through the office. We rescheduled. Again two weeks later the same thing. I said forget it. Left a bad taste in my mouth for them. A few months ago I started looking again and was called by a solar representative. When she finally disclosed who the Solar company was I told her forget it! I would not recommend them due to poor customer service. I cannot speak for the system or their billing process.

crystal
May 4th, 2017 Watsonville, CA

they sent out a sales man that didn't know about design trusted a computer to come up with a design could only give us 30%want us to sign contract before they would send someone out to see if they could get more panels

STEPHEN W NELSON
April 18th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Excellent product, service, customer relations. Absolutely best solution to constant rising rates from SoCal Edison. Two plus years and loving the $60-$70/month savings.

Fredric Manjarres
April 12th, 2017 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Being an Electrical Contractor for 6 yrs I understand how important it is to sale yourself but I also understand how important it is to abide by your word. I would meet with my clients and go over the pros and cons of the work to be done, I would always abide by my word. I never had a bad review from my clients or through the Corporate Commissions Office. I have no complaint about the installation, my complaint is the time it took ( 7months) , the work the subcontractors did. Someone broke my water line and the water ran for 3 days before they came to repair it ( which I paid for the water) , they excavated in front of my meter panel ( I don't understand why) and they broke a water line and the sprinkler lines , in repairing the sprinklers they cut the control wiring , left all hanging, they cut off one of the sprinkler lines and shoved the stubs into the ground making it look like they were still functioning. I am probably am going to have to pay for someone to repair, I have continued to contact Sun Run but have not received a response. Why should they they've been paid.

Elizabeth Hull
April 10th, 2017 Fresno, CA

We found Sunrun through our natural gas supplier, Ambit Energy. Our agents with both companies were fast and efficient. The answered all our questions and installed a great system for 1/3 the cost of our bill with PGE. We are very happy with our service and our neighbors think the panels look great.

marc horowitz
April 3rd, 2017 Bellerose, NY

Been with Sunrun for 2 years . . . excellent experience, excellent service.

Donna Dougherty
April 3rd, 2017

We are fairly new as our system started up in late October. But....so far, so good. I have no complaints what so ever. We loved working with Joe A (Solar Universe). Wonderful man! The only issue to remember for those interested is that the "day" your power turns on is your actual billing date, and cannot be changed. Other than that, this is a terrific company, way better than other's I looked into. Highly recommended. Thank you all for a positive experience.

Eddie
April 3rd, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

Saw this review and contacted them. They called me back twice once to confirm my information and the next to evaluate me further and there was going to be a third call to review my options which is a ridiculous amount of unnecessary communication. Long story short I was rejected immediately because I have a flat roof! Apparantly they only have one type of solar and it must be on a pitched roof. I couldn't believe this since so many panels on the ground are pitched toward the sun. I have thousands of square feet of roof space and I'm being turned down lol. It's not hard at all to obtain the tracks that are pitched and even come with articulating arms. This place is pathetic. They didn't even know who to do refer me to and just left me regretting ever calling. Please narrow results by type of roof customer has!

greg
April 3rd, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Although the solar panel installation, from the initial review of paperwork etc, through completion and turn-on of the electricity provided by the panels,was excellent, can't in good faith recommend SUNRUN because of their billing/customer care/service. Billing and follow-on customer care is broke and can't get any to fix these issues. My contract stipulates that I pay my monthly rental feeof $94.00 via an ACH (auto debit from my checking account). System has been in operations since July 2016, to date (March 2017) not a single auto payment was debited from my account. Further, I received 7 emailed bills, in varying ammmounts totalin more than $3000; at $94.00 a month my total bill would be approx $900.00. I've been charged late fees, a fee for non-ACH payemnt. These fees nor the emailed bill were not paid not debited from my checkingf account. Anyway I've been in contact with customer care more than 20 times to date to no avail, a supervisor and the actual installers, again without fixing this issue. In my opinion SUNRUN is in breach of contract, and the payment issues has been fix to date. So,would not recommend SUNRUN.

Joe Exner
March 30th, 2017 Washington, DC

I remodeled my house in Castaic CA. I went with solar because I heard about the benefits. I decided on SunRun because the saleman was very knowlegable and the subsequent installation was smooth and effortless. The SunRun workers in my area is from the corporate office and no sub-contractors where used. So, far so good.