**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise Sungevity for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following eight states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Call our recommended rep over at Sungevity below.

4.1

Elaine Winter
February 15th, 2017 Wildwood, NJ

Their attention to detail is fantastic, and their prices are unmatchable. I am pleased all around with this company.

AS
February 15th, 2017 Wilmington, DE

Compared to all other companies I looked at, they were by far the best.

Thomas Maas
February 15th, 2017 Manchester, CT

Everything from the first meeting to the installation was excellent. Everything was done just right, and they were very good about answering my questions.

Arch McCulloch
February 15th, 2017 Morongo Valley, CA

They were recommended by the Sierra Club and I didn't want to get some larger companies so they were the ones I chose. I was very satisfied with the people they sent out. They were very professional, approachable and very friendly.

Christopher Miller
February 15th, 2017 Torrance, CA

I did so much research, and it paid off. I've had a phenomenal relationship with Sungevity. They were again 100% professional and I never had any question along the way because they were able to explain everything to me every step of the process. Every step of the process with them professionally and they told me well in advance what to expect so I never had any questions

Robert Rosiello
February 15th, 2017 West Haven, CT

I had six companies come out to the house and the first four would not put solar panels on both front and the back of my house. The fifth company came out, they would do it but their price for the lease was double. Sungevity came in and made me a great offer, would put panels on both front and the back and stood right behind their work. They stood behind their word and everything. I had an electrical piano that needed to be replaced, they replaced it no charge to me which I thought was fantastic. I'm just very happy with the system, it's making more than they actually accounted for and I'm very happy with it.

Lidna Schultz
February 15th, 2017 Redondo Beach, CA

A friend recommended Sungevity to me. Every aspect of our transaction with them has been amazing. We are totally satisfied.

Abigail Fuller
February 15th, 2017 Pinole, CA

Sungevity does a really good job about answering all of my questions and they are were able to get everything done in a timely manner.

George Daly
February 15th, 2017 Williamstown, NJ

They offer the best knowledge when I sat down and speak to them. And their deal was good, I am totally satisfied with the system. Everything was great!

Rebecca Lindland
February 15th, 2017 Cos Cob, CT

I had very good interaction early on with them. They were professional and courteous and I like the materials that they were using for the fastenings and the panels. Its been very good, they've been very professional, very helpful and the people coming to my house, the ones when I needed service, they've been terrific. It was very good, it was actually faster than I expected. They were able to install the system sooner than the original target date. Its been fantastic, I definitely feel like I save money on electricity. Its nice to know that I'm not feeding the grid and so I'm living fairly green that's a positive as well. Overall it's been a positive experience

Judith Silberman
February 15th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I'm very happy with my electric bills and I haven't pay electric bills since we got the bill of first month since May. We are very happy with Sungevity.

Deborah Chapman
February 15th, 2017 Buzzards Bay, MA

We tried another solar company and we didn't like them. They came recommended from a neighbor of mine. I believe they are great company and I am very pleased with the service I received.

Paul Bloom
February 15th, 2017 Valley Cottage, NY

Um I was presented with a promotion when I went to a loans store in my neighborhood. I looked into it further I read online reviews by local neighbors of the services. I went to the website, I spoke with them and I decided if they offer me a program that I wanted then I wanted to have it. Again they were very professional and they did a very good job. They did all the work and all I got to so was go to the town hall to get my certificate of occupancy. Again they were very professional, they did everything they promised to do and I was very satisfied with the whole experience. We had it for almost 2 years now, and the experience was very good. I save some money every month because I got tax rebate legally on my deposit and I feel like I'm doing the right thing. When I have questions they've been very responsive.

Patrick McDonald
February 15th, 2017 Ventura, CA

Recommendations from friends and checking it out by my self. Very pleased, it's done on time and the performance of our solar panel works very well.

William Gerguson
February 15th, 2017 Mission Viejo, CA

It made the process easier. It was all very well planned and everything happened on time. They made the process very simple.

Christopher Golla
February 15th, 2017 Newark, DE

Sungevity's pricing was really good, and the system is excellent. I am very satisfied overall.

Linda Scorsone
February 15th, 2017 Chester, NY

Absolutely zero complaints with this company. Everything was very easy for us, it was a no-brainer.

John Perry
February 15th, 2017 Newman, CA

I did a lot of research online reading through reviews and all the pros and cons, and they were the best company. I am completely happy with the service.

Thomas Deaton
February 15th, 2017 Fresno, CA

My brother-in-law recommended them to me, and they have been really excellent! Everything works well and its saving us money. We're glad that we went solar with them.

Timothy Last
February 15th, 2017 Ayer, MA

I came across Sungevity on the internet, and they seemed to be the best company. We had a great experience working with them, and we really enjoy the system. It is very good!

Karl Kiessling
February 15th, 2017 Viola, DE

We had a great experience working with Sungevity, and we are very pleased with the system.

Patrick Thomas
February 15th, 2017 Gloucester, MA

We are very satisfied with the quality of the installation process. The sales team was great to work with too, they were very informative.

Frank Patterson
February 15th, 2017 Barre, MA

We went with sungevity and we are really pleased. Everything has been really excellent. We are pleased.

Vincent Johnson
February 15th, 2017 Bear, DE

I was weighing my options with Sungevity and Solar City. I felt that Sungevity had a better quality product.

Melkon Krikorian
February 15th, 2017 Queens Village, NY

They give me a quote, they showed me what the system will do and everything they said turned out well. So I trusted them and I did it. The installation was not as smooth as I like. I think partly because they were dealing with outside vendors, so probably they had a thing in there, but the installer been quite the measure up. But eventually everything worked out well.

Robin Rosenberg
February 15th, 2017 Highland Mills, NY

We heard about so many other companies, but Sungevity seemed to be the most reliable. The installation was quick and easy. The system is very efficient and saves us a lot of money.

Anita Levine
February 15th, 2017 Toms River, NJ

I have been perfectly satisfied with Sungevity, so there isn't much to say about them. Everything went according to plan.

David Gruytch
February 15th, 2017 Parlin, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they have the best ratings on the internet. The system is very good, and the installation was fine. My only issue is that the contractors caused a little bit of damage and it took them a while for them to take care of it.

Richard Ogle
February 15th, 2017 Barnegat, NJ

Sungevity was always on time, and they got their work done when they said that they would. Everything is working as promised; we are very satisfied.

Michael Becker
February 15th, 2017 Putnam, CT

They were a great company to work with. The installation was easy, the sales team was excellent, everything was good.

Anthony Mazzeo
February 15th, 2017 Seekonk, MA

After reading a lot of reviews, they seemed to be the best company out there. They addressed all of my concerns, answered all of my questions and everything went very smoothly.

Virginia Hills
February 15th, 2017 Mickleton, NJ

I like the companies lease terms, thats what did it for me. Customer service is excellent, the installation was excellent, we are satisfied.

Brennan Baker
February 15th, 2017 Lumberton, NJ

When you look at it, everything was a great experience. The sales people were very straightforward, the installation was easy, and we are saving money. We are very happy.

Dennis Shimkoski
February 15th, 2017 Auburn, MA

We went with Sungevity because of cot of value. And after reading so many reviews, most people are happiest with Sungevity. Project management team its very good, they really had a lot to work with with an old historical building and they worked with us to make sure that it'll look not be seen from the road, its really good its well-designed. they call us whenever there's a problem they monitor it and it surprises me whenever they do. But they give us a call and let us you know go check on things that has been a problem which is incredibly to me just very helpful. It is beyond just installation they really do a good job and keeping its warm performance.

Michael Sutyla
February 15th, 2017 Clinton, CT

After researching the top 5 companies and find all the data I could, I went with Sungevity. Their customer service is above average. We did have some situations with sunlight restriction and they help me with their engineering department, removed a couple of trees and provide the household the marks to the direct sun. And those services they provided with no charge and they also gave me a 100-dollar free home consulting survey, with an energy company here in Connecticut which came in and gave me LED light bulbs and sealed-small leaks in our house

BC
February 15th, 2017 Albany, NY

We looked over a couple and they look like they were offering a good deal. And it has been a very good experience for us overall. We've been perfectly satisfied!

Steven Ramsey
February 15th, 2017 Porterville, CA

The panels that Sungevity offers no one else offers them, so that set them apart in my mind. I am very satisfied with the company and everything that they have done for me so far. My only complaint is in regards to the company referral fee. I referred my daughter to the service and she ended up having it installed. I still have not received my referral fee from them, and $1,000 is a lot of money.

Ronald Monteforte
February 15th, 2017 Woodland, CA

I got an estimate from 4 different solar companies. Sungevity was the most responsive by far. They were easy to ask questions and everything. They were the easiest to work with, so I went with them.

David Howes
February 15th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

My experience with Sungevity has been pretty good! They answer my questions, the installation went smoothly, everything has been pretty good. I'm glad I went solar with them.

Lloyd McCoy
February 15th, 2017 Lucerne Valley, CA

Simply put, Sungevity made me the best offer. I also like that they monitor my systems output and they notify you if there are any issues.

Scott Parker
February 15th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

After reviewing all available companies in my area and what they had to offer, I chose Sungevity. I don't think there is another company out there that would qualify and meet my needs. I give them a 10.

David Adams
February 15th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

I first heard about Sungevity from a friend. The company was very easy to work with, and everything has been very good.

BB
February 15th, 2017 Raleigh, NC 27609

They were advertising over CREDO and I follow them for quite a while and valued their advice. I would certainly do it again and if I would going to do it, I would try to do it with a company like them. They'd been great.

Richard Carlone
February 15th, 2017 San Jacinto, CA

They kept all their appointments, they were on time, they were neat and there was always, when I have a question they can answer it for you. It was a great experience!

Joseph Jaramillo
February 15th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

I did little research when I was thinking about putting in panels and they seem to have best information and were eager to answer questions for me. Other than the fact that I would recommend them and I do recommend them to anyone that has inquires about my panels, I don't have much else to say.

Marc Lipman
February 15th, 2017 Barnegat Light, NJ

Sungevity did a great job, and they completed everything when they said that they would, which is a big deal to me. Overall I am very happy with the service that I got.

Bryce Giggey
February 15th, 2017 Leicester, MA

Sungevity did a good job! The consultation went well, management is very nice, and the installation was great. Everything with them is pretty good.

Sharie Scott
February 15th, 2017 Rio Vista, CA

I did quite a bit of online research and they offered the best program and I want it to be able to monitor it online and that was included. The prepaid lease, it was a better deal than most of other things. They were the ones i ended up picking out. Installation was very good. I would recommend them to anybody!

Ardonna Smith
February 15th, 2017 Brawley, CA

Sungevity is very professional. Everything was excellent with the installation, I am very satisfied. The consultation was very, very professional. Everything is great!

Gwendolen Noyes
February 15th, 2017 Cambridge, MA

Sungevity is an excellent company. I wish other companies were as sufficient, organized and smart as them/ They were recommended to me by CREDO. Everything is excellent.