**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. To read more about the merger and rebrand, please click here.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise Sungevity for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following 11 states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Call our recommended rep over at Sungevity below.

4.1

Lucy B
May 16th, 2016 San Francisco, CA

Entire installation went very smoothly including replacing main service panel and new electric meter. System has been running great for three years. Love the Sungevity ethic.

Lenore J. Humphrey
May 16th, 2016 East Nassau, NY

Any issue that may pop up, is dealt with in a timely manner. No muss, no fuss. Love my solar co. !

John Griffin
May 16th, 2016 Boston, MA

From start to finish, we have been very pleased with Sungevity.

Marta Bennett
May 11th, 2016 Carmel, CA

This is my second system with Sungevity. This corporation is a model for customer service. Every call was promptly returned. Every e-mail responded to on the same day. Even when I phoned and my contact person was on vacation the person covering for him knew of my situation, so there was none of this having to explain what is going on. The data and contracts were clear and scheduling was announced well ahead of time. Every action was given a follow up call or e-mail to check that I was satisfied and to inquire on how to improve their service. My first system I have had for 8 years with zero complaints. I am increasing my capability to produce solar energy and they worked with me to get a system that matched my needs. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about their product.

Ken
April 19th, 2016 Far Rockaway, NY

I was a little hesitant to go solar. Sungevity is an excellent company taking me through step by step. Very thorough in explaining the equipment, process and cost / savings. Customer service also has been very responsive and professional. I would definite recommend them for others.

Ira Wechsler
February 4th, 2016 Brooklyn, NY

My major problem with Sungevity is their lack of familiarity with the regulatory process in New York and their failure to provide crucial information I need to obtain my real estate tax abatement and income tax credits bnoth federal and State. They have not sent me any data tohelp my accountant complete these forms. Also the tax abatement form requires a signature from an architect. I do not understand this notr am I prepared to pay an architect to to look at my system and sign off on this. They have never been transparent about the requirements to get these credits and I am about ready to to lose my temper with them. My installation had its final inspection in August, 2015 and works fine. I purchased it and am counting oj these credits to offset the moneys I paid from my retirement funds.

Nan Sea Love
November 24th, 2015 CA

i LOVED the people at Sungevity who i worked with. Sadly i was in the process of getting the solar roof when i realized would not be able to keep the home due to the sharp downturn in the economy. It was a very sad day when i told them we would have to halt the process. Now i have a new home that is a keeper and would love it if Sungevity could come way out to the sticks were i live. But have a new roof that i am sure the warrantly will be voided by if i put solar on the roof so would need to put it else where on my acre of land. Honestly i am so good at conservation my electricity bill has not been over $20 a month since i got the new roof, so this might not be a good financial move for me, it would be strictly because i love the earth and because i know the cost of energy can do nothing but go up.

bIlly
November 13th, 2015 Highland, NY

Sungecity handles everything. I met a guy at Lowes got a quote that in 2 months I was paying $32 a month for electricity. Best company I have ever done business with. They actually are paying my heritage tax that my town has for solar because my taxes were not supposed to go up. I called one time got an american and the situation was resolved.

c.simpson
November 13th, 2015 Patchogue, NY

The best...customer support, install techs, project engineers, true to their word.

Marie
November 12th, 2015 Carmel, NY

After deciding that I wanted to purchase solar panels, I first contacted Solar City. My experience with them was terrible! They were constantly requesting more and more paperwork..most of which was related to PPA's and not applicable in my case. This dragged on for months after which I cancelled my contract with them and contacted Sungevity. From start to finish they were friendly, receptive to my questions, and very professional. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Craig Rosenfeld
November 9th, 2015 Ocean City, NJ

-Original Review- Signed up with Sungevity back in May of 2015. First off, the entire process took months longer than they promised. 2 of ''my reps'' there (I won''t mention names) have been the rudest people I have ever dealt with. They are also very unreliable. We had several issues with the system so far and the 2 reps have gotten rude with me over the phone and now they don''t even return phone calls or emails. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Once you sign up, their customer service becomes non existent. Now most of the time when I call, it rings forever and then goes to an answering machine. This company is not as big as they say they are, and they are no where as reliable as they come off to be. If I had the choice, I would cancel the whole deal and go with another company. Shame on Sungevity! -Updated Review- 01/05/2016 We signed up with Sungevity back in May 2015. The install process took months longer than promised, although they did send us a check for the amount of electric we used to make up for it. However, after the install we've had nothing but issues and their customer support is literally non-existent. I've called and called, I've left emails, .. they were supposed to send a tech out on November 6th, its now January 5th! When I call, I get the run around and NO ONE calls me back. We are in the process of working with the NJ State Dept of Consumer Protection, that's how bad it is. I would NEVER recommend Sungevity to anyone.

Gerry Thompson
November 3rd, 2015 Wappingers Falls, NY

I'd like to share my experience with Sungevity. Last December my 22 panel system came online with a guaranteed annual output of 6157 kWhs. So far, by the end of October I generated 6040 kWhs with a little over a month left before my yearly anniversary. So I should exceed the guaranteed production. This is in spite of heavy snows this past winter which covered my panels for the month of February. I opted to pay my 20 year lease upfront for $7852. New York State gave me a 25% tax credit for last year, since I paid that full amount up front. This reduced my total cost to about $6000. Sungevity will maintain my system for the 20 year lease and I now have no payments to make. All the electricity I generate is free for me to use or send to my electric provider for future use. At the anniversary of coming online, my electric company, Central Hudson, will reconcile my account and pay me some low rate (I understand around 3 cents per kWh) for any excess electricity which I provided. In my case, the panels came online in December just before a period with the lowest solar electric generation and the highest electricity use. (I have electric heat.) So my winter electricity bills were high. In the Spring and Summer months my net electric use was 0 so I just paid the minimum service charge and have a huge surplus credit. Will that credit be applied to the winter bills that I already paid? The answer is no. So having an anniversary date in December is very bad. It would be better to have the anniversary date in the Spring, and build up electric energy credit which would be applied during the following winter to offset my bills at the retail electric rate at that time. The good news is that Central Hudson allows me to make a one time anniversary date change. I sent in a form changing my bill reconciliation date to March. So instead of being paid about 3 cents per kWh for the excess electric power I generated, I can keep that excess and use it to reduce my bills during the winter months. Probably by March I won't have any excess left and it will all have been used up to offset my usage during the winter. My experience with Sungevity so far has been positive. There were no problems with installation which was done in one day. I used a referral to reduce my cost by $1000, reflected in the numbers given above. I also should be receiving some referral money from some customers who had panels installed by Sungevity.and used my referral code. The amount a customer receives off their system installation varies at different times from $500 to $1000. I think the amount now is $750. You are welcome to use my referral code #1013253 to receive an installation discount. I hope this description has been informative and helpful. Gerry

Nick Morgan
October 8th, 2015 El Cerrito, CA

They were on time for every appointment, accurate with their design and estimates, and now the panels are working perfectly. We are saving $ and getting power from the sun. Couldn't have been any simpler or a better process.

Martin Wagner
October 7th, 2015 Berkeley, CA

I have had my Sungevity system since 2007 and I couldn't be happier. Still cranking out pure green electricity. Maintenance is minimal and I love logging into my monitoring portal to see the stats.

Daji Yuan
September 28th, 2015 Orange, CA

First, Sungevity tells me I can cancel the agreement before installation, but when I find out the other solar company seems a better fit for me and I want to sign up with the other company, they are reluctant to cancel the agreement. So they lied to me. Second, they try to show me what kind of mouthing system they use on the roof, but I don't really have time to go over this detail with them because their contract doesn't offer a longer period of warranty as others. So this is wasting my time. Why don't they cancel the agreement right away if I already make up my mind? I hope this experience may help other people who want to go solar.

Robert Meixner
August 26th, 2015 Victorville, CA

Very easy to work with and efficient staff.

Charles Wm. Taylor
August 24th, 2015 Long Beach, CA

Sungevity Solar is saving us tons of money that had been going to the electric company. Now, it is not only paying for itself but putting money in our pockets. The company does what it says it will do and makes good on its commitment to its customers. I highly recommend Sungevity.

John
August 10th, 2015 East Weymouth, MA

Great job excellent experience and quality installation

Ron Podrazik
August 10th, 2015 Ballston Spa, NY

Easy to deal with. Very professional. Follows up to ensure client is happy. Great installers. Great pricing.

john
August 5th, 2015 Hopewell Junction, NY

going on my first year with Sungevity best thing i ever did

Brian
July 31st, 2015 Kansas City, MO

The company is amazing in every way!

Peggy Crawford
July 31st, 2015 Glendora, CA

Excellent company and we are very happy with our solar. Good customer service by all of the staff. I have recommended them several times now.

Steve Niemis
July 27th, 2015 Saugerties, NY

We had our system installed last fall. Sales was very informative,low pressure. Answered all questions and provided lots of info.Very courteous. The system is well designed. Leak free mounting hardware. Production especially during Spring and Summer months is really looking good. I had just one complaint. After installing the system it takes a very long time to get thru the inspection process.No fault of Sungevity. But I was not getting info on progress of the inspections AKA when They would be occurring. I contacted the company and was kept well up to date from that point on. I Would recommend this company to others and do . I also spread the word via facebook.

Anne Paust
July 27th, 2015 Flanders, NJ

I've had my solar system for a little over a year. I'm extremely pleased. Sungevity is a good and reliable company. I even got a rebate for last year.

Dennis Levenson
July 27th, 2015 Fremont, CA

I had my solar installed by Sungevity a couple years ago and LOVE IT. My electric bill is WAY down to almost nothing. The monthly payment to Sungevity is 1/3rd the cost of electricity i was paying per month. It's a no brainer! Once (and only once), i got less generated than guaranteed and i got a check for it! Further, they came out to inspect and found there was a faulty part which they replaced right away. Customer service at Sungevity is top notch. I wish all companies operated the same way. I love 'em so much, i referred my father in law and he installed it. His meter runs BACKWARDS and loves it big time.

George Mollo
July 23rd, 2015 Monsey, NY

I interviewed six solar companies before selecting Sungevity. Their prices were great as well as their customer references. They were a pleasure to work with from start to completion and even after my system is up and running. Friendly, courteous, helpful with any questions I may have. Highly recommend.

Bob Einstman
July 23rd, 2015 Mooresville, NC

I have the product for two weeks and can to wait to see my next Electric bill. Sungevity held my hand through the entire process and we have been producing as much if not more than anticipated.

Michael A Collins
June 18th, 2015 Sewell, NJ

I am very pleased with the solar panels that were installed at my home in Williamstown NJ. The installation of the panels and all other related equipment was first class. The performance of the system thus far has exceeded my expectations. My last electric bill was $3.87. Mike Collins

Charles Taylor
June 12th, 2015 Long Beach, CA

I'm extremely frustrated with the referral program. I received a "gift card" for my thousand dollar commission to find that I can only take out $150 per day. It can NOT be cashed at my Federal Credit Union. They insist I can only use it at an ATM which charges two dollars for each withdrawal costing a minimum of at least $14.00. This was not the understanding I had when I promoted their product to neighbors. Apparently others have complained, and their policy is changing but not for me! Like a recording, they read "Starting July 1 we issue checks for referrals after July 1. I've spent the last four days going to my credit union five times, dealing with other banks, talking to Sungevity in Oakland and Kansas City. Everyone passes the buck. I will NOT be referring Sungevity unless this is made right!

David Bednarcik
June 10th, 2015 Bergenfield, NJ

Overall our experience has been great. Our last electric was $4.00

Margaret Bcaa
June 10th, 2015 Barstow, CA

We have had the best customer service from Sungevity.. highly recommend....

John Magnotta
June 8th, 2015 Hopewell Junction, NY

good comp to deal with would give them a A rating

Winfield Schmitt
June 4th, 2015 Norwich, CT

I've been a power plant engineer for over 20 years. My Sungevity system was activated in October 2013. My electric bill used to be $150-200/month. With a 5kw system consisting of 23 panels on my southwest facing roof, and a net meter installed (runs both directions). My electric bill is essentially zero. I generate more power than is used. My bill is just the CL&P (now Eversource) minimum connection fee of $16, except when everything was covered in deep snow for two months last winter. My lease payment is $67/mo. I've essentially cut my power bill in half, while at the same time shielding myself from future rate increases. The whole experience with Sungevity was fantastic! An engineer came out for a few hours to make an evaluation. About a week later, I received detailed information including drawings of the proposed installation and a WRITTEN GUARANTEE for the monthly power production expected by the system over the 20 year lease. At the end of any given year, if the power produced is LESS than the guarantee states, then they will pay you the difference! Also, they continuously monitor system performance and can detect right away if there's a problem. They alone are responsible for maintenance and repairs since it's under lease, so no headache for me! After considering all the factors, including available tax incentives, the Sungevity lease made the most sense over other firms I looked at or attempting it myself. The whole installation took three days and the crew were very polite and professional. My only regret is that i didn't do it years ago! Of course with panel prices coming down and the incentives available at the time, I probably got about the best deal possible. 11 STARS!!!

Derek
June 4th, 2015 Albany, NY

I have been with Sungevity for almost 6 months and the total experience from start to finish has been excellent.

Gus Leonard
June 4th, 2015 Marina, CA

It was a no-brainer to choose to install with Sungevity, as we run a hot tub that brought us into the 4th and 5th electrical usage tiers every month. Bill was $200+ /month. At zero $ down, we had the 18 panels installed and now we're paying a flat fee of $112/month for 20 years. We're not moving, so it made sense. We keep the system in 20 years. About half-a-percent/year loss of efficiency. We get to run our hot tub and save money! I shopped Sungevity, SolarCity, and a local installer. Sungevity made the most sense for several reasons. Now after 1 year, our first PGE TrueUp bill comes at the end of June. I think we'll have saved $686 in 2014-15 over what PGE would have billed us. And if rates go up again (CA PUC usually approves rate increases), we will be even further ahead. The installation process was simple; we did need a new roof, but it was no problem to delay the solar installation for the new roof and the two companies worked well together. The hardware speced by Sungevity was all approved by the roofer, as well, so I'm comfortable knowing other industry pros approve their choices.

Cal Young
June 3rd, 2015 Placentia, CA

Sungevity provided me with everything so that I could properly evaluate solar, the company, and the system. They have been and continue to be very professional in my dealings. We were able to work through some small issues along the way and I love my system. I love the monitoring system and being able to check on the performance of my system. Sungevity is a great choice for my family.

al an m vande griend
June 3rd, 2015 Visalia, CA

we have enjoyed our solar for two and a half years...the guys are awesome..and the whole experience was wonder ful..my highest bill was 1.40..and that was because we had our motor home plugged in w/it 2' air cond....., .running besides our home

egoldstein
April 6th, 2015 Mountain View, CA

I've had a Sungevity system on my home since Feb. 2015. The installation process was smooth and timely and working with Sungevity was great. The system has high quality panels - I opted for the mono crystalline type - and I really liked their quoting process. They can sometimes be a little more than SolarCity, but its more than worth it.

Ted
January 6th, 2015 Palmdale, CA

Dealing with Sungevity has been an absolute nightmare. This has got to be the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. First the sales representative will say anything to get you to sign their one-sided contract. She told me that the system would be up and running within three months which is normal for the industry. It took over 7 months. I was also told (and have this in an email) that: “Hi Ted and Olivia, Here's the updated quote: This one would offset 100% of your current need, so you'll have a buffer to run more AC and heat as needed in the future. Also, you'll take control of your costs instead of those higher rates in the future. Let me know what you think. Shine on, Darlene” Not even close. I am using less energy than last year and had to keep my AC at 80 like last year. I have changed all but one of my old light bulbs to LED light bulbs; the one not changed to LED was changed to a CF bulb because the LED interfered with my garage door opener. I am not even leaving my fans on unless I am in the room. This year was cooler than last year so the AC did not have work too hard. I got rid of the small AC used in the bedroom at night; it was not needed this year. I am not working from home anymore so I went from using my computer for eight hours a day to less than one per day. I even changed all of my Christmas lights to LED. Even with all this I am still going over; even into tear 3 sometimes. The worst part is by time you find out how inept this company is it is too late. If you decide that you don't want to deal with their lies and excuses you must pay a hefty amount to get rid of them. As I said earlier even though they said it would be running within three months it took seven. The first delay was in the design of the system. Their reason according to the account manager was that they were over loaded with unexpected sales. That is an issue the management should have taken care of, not making me wait even longer than promised. The second delay was in permitting. They said; Ted, “I understand your frustration but it is not something caused by Sungevity. You should be frustrated with the city of Palmdale for holding up your permit. My installer went in person to Palmdale's permitting office on Tuesday and they told him that the plan is still in plan check. I don't know what my associate told you, but I have been consistent with my messaging. It is in Palmdale's hands. Please feel free to go to the city office and see what the hold up is. Let me know that outcome. Regards, Jeramiah” I went to the Palmdale city permitting office and was told that Sungevity had not provided the proper documents for the solar panels. I called my account manager and informed him of this. The next day I receive an email from my account manager informing me that “He had found the issue”! He found it? I guess he found it after I told him! I should not have had to go to city hall and find out what Sungevity already should have known. On the bright side the installers were polite, courteous and professional. They had the installation with the required inspections completed in three days. The only issue with the installation was that the installers did not know that I had a vaulted ceiling in my living room. No this did cause issues with the installation, the installer had to reroute some of the wires for the panels over my living room. The sales person was told about my living room ceiling, the inspector who came out to see if I could have the system installed actually looked at the ceiling and pointed it out. So, what happened? The last delay was because they could not get funding. What? You knew for seven months that the system was being installed and you did not get funding for it? At this point I wanted to get rid of this incompetent company, but was told that I would have to pay for the uninstallation. Have you ever heard of this? A company that is not doing what was promised charging the client to make them go away! Even better is the fact that you do not find any of this out until it is too late to stop the company from making your life even more of a nightmare. So now four months late the system is somewhat up and running and more fun waiting to be had. As soon as I started the system I immediately had issues. I noticed that SCE was not showing that I was producing any solar power. I went to the inverter and saw the following message: “Error! Arc Fault E050”. I called tech support and was told that a ticket was being created for me. I asked if I could just press the “ESC” button to reset the system. They told me I was not to touch the ESC button. I emailed Sungevity and got the following response. “Hello Ted and Olivia, I hope all is well. I wanted to inform you that I created a case with Power-One (inverter manufacturer) regarding the Arc Fault issue. At this time, they are sending their own technicians into the field to repair the inverters. They will be contacting you directly to give you a heads-up on the timing of the service work. That will occur next week. As you may already know, pressing the ESC key on the inverter should allow the unit to generate again - at least temporarily. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused; especially so soon after receiving permission to operate. I know this is frustrating, so I've requested that Power-One prioritize this service work. As a leasing customer you do have a Performance Guarantee with Sungevity. If the system does not produce what we guaranteed over the course of the lease year, you will be compensated for that difference. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns, and thanks for all your patience while we work with the manufacturer to resolve this issue. Take care, Justin” I went out and did the “temporary” repair. As of this date I no one has come out and fully tested the inverter. I have gotten no explanation as to why this issue had arisen in the first place. Next I noticed that I was not able to review the amount of power created by my system on line as promises. When I tried to view the power created on the website I got “A problem was encountered while accessing performance data. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact us at 866 SUN-4-ALL (866.786.4255) extension 5575.” So again I contacted customer support. At that time I was told that it takes a little time for it to start propagating. I waited and a month later it was still not showing anything. So they said that the solar monitoring unit originally installed was defective and had to be replaced. Well the second unit also did not work. So they sent out another. As the third solar monitoring unit was being installed the technician told me that the units were not bad just the wiring was wrong and he had to make some adjustments to the unit. What, adjustments!!!! Sungevity sent me the following email: “Hi Ted & Olivia, You will recall that the solar monitoring unit originally installed was defective and had to be replaced. The replacement unit has also malfunctioned. It appears the manufacturer had a batch with a software problem and we've had to replace some of them. Unfortunately your system was affected by two of the units. A new one has been shipped; I will get an update on scheduling the service visit. That Locus Energy meter measures production in two (redundant) ways: the inverter reports data directly, and it has an internal chip that separately measures the same production. We are receiving the direct inverter data, but the power chip inside the meter appears to have failed. That data stream is the one connected to our website. So I can confirm the system is producing properly but I cannot display it properly online. Here is the inverter data reported by the first unit, showing system production from 4/29-6/3:” (I'm not showing the graph but the amount they say I used was 974.75) “Here is the inverter data reported thus far by the 2nd unit, showing system production from 6/4-7/15:” (Again I'm not showing the graph but the amount they say I used was 1272.89) “I know it is frustrating to be unable to view it properly. I'll check on the replacement. Regards, Chris” Now for the numbers: Cost out of pocket for electricity. April – November 2014: $1091.52 April – November 2013: $926.61 With added 8% $1000.74 Net Loss: $90.78 I added 8% for what Sungevity said the rate increase was. Now you think a loss of only $90.78 is all that bad but you must consider that I have made changes to use less power since the solar was turned on conserving power. As showed before I was told that not only would I have enough power to increase my usage, but there would be power to spare so I should have been an overage in my favor. I was also told that SCE would be paying me for that overage. Power Consumption: Now this is where it gets very strange. Remember I stated earlier that I was doing everything I could to use less power. Remember that they said the system “This one would offset 100% of your current need, so you'll have a buffer to run more AC and heat as needed in the future.” These numbers were without using more AC or Electric Heater. This year has been considerable cooler than last. Last year I ran my AC through most of December, this year it has not run since mid-September. Examples; August 2013 I used 831 kWh in 2014 I used 1411 kWh September 2013 I used 688 kWh in 2014 I used 1189kWh October 2013 I used 871 kWh in 2014 I used 936 kWh November 2013 I used 478 kWh in 2014 I used 860 kWh Do you have any idea how hard it would be to almost double your Consumption especially when you are trying to conserve? There is something definitely wrong here. When I asked Sungevity what was happening the sent me an e-mail basically saying I was too dumb to figure something like this out. The fact that they had a form letter for this makes me wonder how many people are noticing this. I emailed them back telling them I did the calculations correctly, as of yet they have not responded (More than two weeks later). I guess I was supposed to go with no real answer and just stick my head in the sand. I do not want to throw around any wild accusations here, and there are many that can be thrown around. One thing that comes to mind is the inverter. I had issues with it early on and no one ever came out and really tested it. The equipment used by Sungevity seems to be prone to malfunctioning. In conclusion, check out everything before agreeing to sign that contract they lie to you, they try to misdirect you, and they will say anything to get you to sign the contract. Have all the solar company's come out and give you a bid. Check out complaints about all the company's on line. Do the math….

Tristan Cronshaw
October 23rd, 2014 Mooresville, NC

Great company that has great customer service and effortless quote process. Best referral rate in the industry too!

Gerald
October 22nd, 2014 Denver, CO

I've had no problems so far. Everything was quick. Getting Xcel energy to get off their butts was a different story. but, they held our hands and did a good job.I have to give them a 10.

Amity
October 20th, 2014 Glendale, AZ

Awesome company! So what if you have a small $1 increase in your lease every year! Its better than the $10-$15 your electric company is going to give you in 2 years. Plus your electric company should be paying you for all the extra electricity you're not using. Win win!

Lorenzo Valensi
October 20th, 2014 Santa Rosa, CA

Almost three years online, not one problem. Custom installation was perfect. Nothing left behind, not one scrap. I love the ability to track our production by day, month, year, total!

Christy
October 20th, 2014 Benicia, CA

Sungevity was informative, organized, and much more workable than the many other companies we interviewed for rooftop solar. We like the lease aspect, and that they also donate to the Sierra Club. They addresses all our concerns & followed thru with everything. After we signed up, it got even better. They took care of all the paperwork, permits. Everything went as scheduled & in less than 3 days of work the panels were professionally installed on our roof, the workmen were respectful & on time. Our PG&E bill went way, way down as predicted. In fact this year, we'll probably get money back. I would definitely recommend Sungevity for rooftop solar here in the Bay Area.

kevin
October 20th, 2014 Littleton, CO

They did a great job for us 4 years ago...and since then. Very personal service! We have had four friends get referred by us and get systems so the referral fees Sungevity has paid us have paid a significant part of our total lease cost too!

Jake Thurston
October 20th, 2014 Newburyport, MA

Terrible company

Bob Maher
October 20th, 2014 Wappingers Falls, NY

Sungevity is an awesome company. Very helpful, saving money every month, doing something good for the environment. Best decision ever!!

Art Brodsky
October 15th, 2014 Potomac, MD

They were fabulous. From the project manager to the engineer they sent out to the occasional phone call, I have nothing but good things to say about Sungevity. I wish I could persuade my hesitant neighbors to sign up.

Marci
October 14th, 2014 Surprise, AZ

I am not sorry I went solar but...I am not happy with the increase every year with my lease...One other thing which really upset me was ..it was not explained that when the electric goes out ...my solar service also goes out along with everyone else...my neighbors were very surprised that the solar is on the same grid as everyone else....when I first called the electric company...they finally admitted that the solar system was on the same grid as everyone else...THAT IS A BUMMER!!! BUT..I am saving on my monthly electric bill...I am somewhat disappointed in the honestly of all involved and wish I would have been smarter and looked into the system before signing on that dotted line!

melanio