**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise Sungevity for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following eight states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Michael Sutyla
February 15th, 2017 Clinton, CT

After researching the top 5 companies and find all the data I could, I went with Sungevity. Their customer service is above average. We did have some situations with sunlight restriction and they help me with their engineering department, removed a couple of trees and provide the household the marks to the direct sun. And those services they provided with no charge and they also gave me a 100-dollar free home consulting survey, with an energy company here in Connecticut which came in and gave me LED light bulbs and sealed-small leaks in our house

BC
February 15th, 2017 Albany, NY

We looked over a couple and they look like they were offering a good deal. And it has been a very good experience for us overall. We've been perfectly satisfied!

Steven Ramsey
February 15th, 2017 Porterville, CA

The panels that Sungevity offers no one else offers them, so that set them apart in my mind. I am very satisfied with the company and everything that they have done for me so far. My only complaint is in regards to the company referral fee. I referred my daughter to the service and she ended up having it installed. I still have not received my referral fee from them, and $1,000 is a lot of money.

Ronald Monteforte
February 15th, 2017 Woodland, CA

I got an estimate from 4 different solar companies. Sungevity was the most responsive by far. They were easy to ask questions and everything. They were the easiest to work with, so I went with them.

David Howes
February 15th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

My experience with Sungevity has been pretty good! They answer my questions, the installation went smoothly, everything has been pretty good. I'm glad I went solar with them.

Lloyd McCoy
February 15th, 2017 Lucerne Valley, CA

Simply put, Sungevity made me the best offer. I also like that they monitor my systems output and they notify you if there are any issues.

Scott Parker
February 15th, 2017 Morgan Hill, CA

After reviewing all available companies in my area and what they had to offer, I chose Sungevity. I don't think there is another company out there that would qualify and meet my needs. I give them a 10.

David Adams
February 15th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

I first heard about Sungevity from a friend. The company was very easy to work with, and everything has been very good.

BB
February 15th, 2017 Raleigh, NC 27609

They were advertising over CREDO and I follow them for quite a while and valued their advice. I would certainly do it again and if I would going to do it, I would try to do it with a company like them. They'd been great.

Richard Carlone
February 15th, 2017 San Jacinto, CA

They kept all their appointments, they were on time, they were neat and there was always, when I have a question they can answer it for you. It was a great experience!

Joseph Jaramillo
February 15th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

I did little research when I was thinking about putting in panels and they seem to have best information and were eager to answer questions for me. Other than the fact that I would recommend them and I do recommend them to anyone that has inquires about my panels, I don't have much else to say.

Marc Lipman
February 15th, 2017 Barnegat Light, NJ

Sungevity did a great job, and they completed everything when they said that they would, which is a big deal to me. Overall I am very happy with the service that I got.

Bryce Giggey
February 15th, 2017 Leicester, MA

Sungevity did a good job! The consultation went well, management is very nice, and the installation was great. Everything with them is pretty good.

Sharie Scott
February 15th, 2017 Rio Vista, CA

I did quite a bit of online research and they offered the best program and I want it to be able to monitor it online and that was included. The prepaid lease, it was a better deal than most of other things. They were the ones i ended up picking out. Installation was very good. I would recommend them to anybody!

Ardonna Smith
February 15th, 2017 Brawley, CA

Sungevity is very professional. Everything was excellent with the installation, I am very satisfied. The consultation was very, very professional. Everything is great!

Gwendolen Noyes
February 15th, 2017 Cambridge, MA

Sungevity is an excellent company. I wish other companies were as sufficient, organized and smart as them/ They were recommended to me by CREDO. Everything is excellent.

Gregory Brunson
February 15th, 2017 Griswold, CT

Their panels look a lot better then other companies!We are very, very pleased. Dealings with the companies have been excellent, and I love the system.

David Horowitz
February 15th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

Sungevity offers basically a risk-free experience to save money and to do great for the environment. The sales team was very professional and knowledgeable. They have done a very good job, keep up the good work.

Richard Paugh
February 15th, 2017 Ocean View, DE

I did a lot of research on various companies. The company was very attentive, they explained everything very well. Installation took a couple of days, but we were very pleased with it over all.

Leonard Goldblatt
February 15th, 2017 Townsend, DE

I found out about them at Lowes. The consultation was easy, the management team was great, everything went right at the installation. I am pretty satisfied!

Tracy Dauterman
February 15th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA

I was at Lowes and they approached me. When they explained it to me it was really a no brainer. I am very satisfied with the installation and the company as a whole.

Paul Gordon
February 15th, 2017 Lawrence, MA

I did extensive research online and Sungevity looked the best. Everything has been excellent with them so far. The management team was very helpful, installation went well, everything is great.

Joe Smashey
February 15th, 2017 National Park, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they offered me the right deal at the time. I was very satisfied with the management team and the installation process. Everything has been great; would recommend.

David Janelle
February 15th, 2017 Mendon, MA

I looked at a lot of different companies. What I really liked about Sungevity is that they guarantee the amount of electricity that we would generate. Installation was very neat and quick. The installation took a few hours, maybe 5 or 6. There was no mess, it was so neat. They did a very good job. The management team was excellent. They kept in contact with me through the entire process letting me know what was happening, when it was happening, when I could expect things to happen, so it was very good to be able to not have to worry about things. After a year of having the solar panel installed I was able to generate 97.5% of my total electricity, which I thought was great.

AM
February 15th, 2017 Oakland, CA

The terms of the agreement, the costumer service I received that they were a local company to where I live and their price. Based on my experience I would absolutely recommend them.

Robert Treglia
February 15th, 2017 Acushnet, MA

We went with Sungevity because they were affiliated with Lowes. They did everything that they said that they would, and everything is working just like they said.

Gerald Carroll
February 15th, 2017 Milford, DE

After doing research, Sungevity seemed to be pretty good. The installation overall is working fine, its good but theres some issues. They drove over my septic system and I had to get it repaired. But the company resolved that issue. With that said, the management team has been great, I like the system so far, it is very good.

William Wilson
February 15th, 2017 Escondido, CA

Sungevity had a very excellent offering for prepaid lease which provided the highest return of investment for my rental properties. It has gone so well that we decided to add 3 more systems to 3 more properties.

Teri Berwick
February 15th, 2017 Los Altos, CA

Sungeviry provides an excellent service. They were very fast, they are intelligent, and their service was just impeccable! We are saving money and its amazing!

Robert Hargrave
February 15th, 2017 Syracuse, NY

Sungevity has been great! They have great people working for them, especially the guys who actually installed the panels on our house. So far, we haven't had a single problem!

Glenn Miller
February 15th, 2017 Hillsborough Township, NJ

We checked out several companies, and they seemed to meet our needs the best. We have had no problems whatsoever with the company. Everything is very inexpensive, and the management team was great. I would recommend Sungevity to just about anyone like I said, there is no problem. The bill has been fine and we had nothing to say badly about this company.

John Griffin
February 15th, 2017 Stoughton, MA

We spoke to 3 or 4 different companies and they provided us with the best designs for our solar system, and the best payment options as well. I am completely satisfied with the installation process, the management team is excellent. We are very happy!

Joseph Wantanabe
February 15th, 2017 Beaumont, CA

I was looking into Solar when I was at Lowes, and I was impressed with Sungevity. The consultation was very good and the installation was also good. The only thing that was a little confusing was that i had to deal with 5-6 different people throughout the installation process. But other than that everything has been great.

Greg Brown
February 15th, 2017 Poway, CA

My son had a great experience with Sungevity, so I decided to give them a try also. Everything seems to be pretty good, I like the final product. No complaints.

Donald Mazzarella
February 15th, 2017 Somers Point, NJ

So I investigated a few different companies online, but I work for Lowes, and there was a Sungevity rep. there every day. So after talking to them I decided that they would be best. My initial consultation was a little bit rocky to be honest, he was a bit unclear on some details. But once everything got cleared up, installation was very good, and everything else has been great.

Robert Picard
February 15th, 2017 Buena Park, CA

Everything that they have advertised is accurate. They are a well organized company, their programs are fantastic, and their financial status is impressive. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to go solar.

Richard Terpening
February 15th, 2017 Buena Park, CA

I went with Sungevity because of their pricing and their affiliations. Everything that they had promised to me has been fulfilled.

LF
February 15th, 2017 Lake Forest, CA

My brother had already used them and he was very pleased.Everything has been outstanding! It has saved us a lot of money already and I would do it again.

Julius Allen
February 15th, 2017 Menifee, CA

Sungevity was actually a referral from a friend, and they were astronomically great. I would refer them to anybody!

Michael Schaff
February 15th, 2017 Parishville, NY

Their original presentation was very professional, very complete, and their 20 year warranty was a major factor for me.We are very satisfied with the overall quality of everything. We did have a minor problem with the system needing a few adjustments. They were very prompt in coming to take care of it, and answering all of the questions that we had.

William Goff
February 15th, 2017 Marana, AZ

After doing research, I found that a lot of other solar companies were not solid financially. I was very pleased when I met with the consultant, they came and took measurements and the got me designs; the whole process was very simply. They did a great job with the installation, they even made sure that there were no leaks. They made sure that the system was up and running and operating properly. Im generating plenty of energy and I am very happy. The system generates a lot of energy, and my bill is way down. I am happy.

Anne Raham
February 15th, 2017 Pulaski, NY

I went with Sungevity because of the reviews that I had read, and because of their cost. I am very satisfied, they are a great service. Everything is really great!

William Regan
February 15th, 2017 Galt, CA

They answered all of my question, the installation went very well, i'm happy. Sungevity is a good company altogether.

Rosette Maristela
February 15th, 2017 Irvine, CA

I did a lot of research and compared the various solar companies, and for what they provided, and the price I think they were the best choice. The consultation was so very pleasant. They went through with everything that they said that they would. It was a really nice transaction for me. So far everything is good!

Patrick Collins
February 15th, 2017 Marlborough, MA

I research several different companies and the number one ins Sungevity. They are just the easiest to work with. Installation went well, it was super easy.

Isabelle Beauchamps
February 15th, 2017 Berkeley, CA

I looked at Solar City first, but they weren't very responsive to my needs. They didn't provide me with any information or answer my questions. They provided high class customer service from the very beginning, and they won me over. Everything has been really great!

Robert Martin
February 15th, 2017 Central Square, NY

They offer the best promotions and the best warranty. Everything from consultation to installation has been excellent. We are very happy.

Rootuja Ghatge
February 15th, 2017 Fremont, CA

The company is quite excellent. They always follow up on any problems, like a one time we had a stormy night and the car charger blew up. So they replaced it quickly. They always followed-up so no complaints. I just have one comment to make: I just wish they recommended us to get a pick all system. So that they wont give you any bill right now. After that worked, I have the prepaid security. So you see if we had an electrical system then we weren't have any few electric bill, that's my only comment. everybody's great, everybody's professional, they are very responsive when I said I have any questions or a comment, so no complaints. I like how I think they are and how responsive they are.

Jason Kristof
February 15th, 2017 Cortland, NY

They provided a head still mount system opposed to a roof-tap mounted system that whats I wanted so I talked with them. The system works very well, the installation was excellent, I am very happy.

JA
February 15th, 2017 Canton, MA

I am a big fan of their technology, their customer support is wonderful. I like the company a lot, and I recommend them.