**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers pay for the system upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their system, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise Sungevity for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering doing business with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following eight states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Konna Laflower
February 24th, 2017 Brockton, MA

When I was shopping for solar, they had the best deal at that time. Everything has been fine - no problems at all.

Kim L Faltin
February 24th, 2017 Schenectady, NY

It's all been very positive and I have my own website that I can go check daily about the amount of the electricity that the panels have been producing so I can check daily, weekly, monthly and since the date of the installation of how much electricity has been produced. It's been great, our electric bill has been reduced considerably and there are some months where we have no electrical bill from the utility company at all.

Leo Castillo
February 24th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA

Their customer service is great, no one is ever rude, they were super friendly and the most are purity concerned when everything went wrong, is anything went wrong so it's pretty awesome. No one was ever difficult to work with, everyone was super friendly, helpful, it's very simple. When everything was processed and put up, their continue support is actually incredible, if there's ever an issue with the solar panels or I have a question about the systems, they were there for me and easy to work with. The only process that took us long is getting the CD to come out and process on everything

Jack Tobin
February 24th, 2017 Massapequa, NY

I did my homework and checked almost a year and a half before I chose Sungevity. I won't give you any names of any other companies, but all of the other ones were parasitic wanted to get into my checking account. They were basically predator solar companies. The installation was perfect... there have been two hurricanes with no problems, my next door neighbor who went with another company has already had major problems and a leak in his roof. I've never had any problems with Sungevity. The only problem I have is with my energy company...we produce energy for PSE&G they gave us 3.1 cents for what we give them and they have no cost to produce the energy and they still sell it for 42 cents of kilowatts.

David E Perrone
February 24th, 2017 Cathedral City, CA

They were great..no nonsense. It was great to always get my question answered and they did a very good job.

Daisy Lee
February 24th, 2017 Castro Valley, CA

My system has been great. I love it. I can check on it at any time on my computer, on my iPhone to see what kind of energy we're getting. The installation was very clean and very thorough. They came in and did their job and left everything as it was. Sungevity explained everything in basic and obvious terms rather that speaking in jargon, so that really help us understand our needs. I think what would be really nice is if they can explain that year end true up with PG&E a little bit clearer. The first year we got that, we were actually quite surprise so a little bit more detail on what that true up means would really really help instead of me having to go to PG&E at the end of the year and try to figure it out with them. I think that's the only thing other than that we're really happy with our system and it's working.

Annemarie Sousa
February 24th, 2017 Fall River, MA

To me, solar is really an excellent way to go if you can. We're on the 20 year lease, so it makes it easy to pay for. It's wonderful from about March till about November I don't pay any electric bill.

Ron Maas
February 24th, 2017 Bridgeville, DE

My biggest problem was with the local power company. Sungevity was seamless. They responded properly to my questions and explained things very well

Stanley Hilton
February 24th, 2017 Worcester, MA

Installation was easy and they always responded quickly.

Maurice E Burrowes
February 24th, 2017 Bronx, NY

They were very responsive to any issue I found.

James Hoxsie
February 24th, 2017 Lincoln, CA

I picked Sungevity for the quality and price. When installing, they knew what they were doing and they finished the job on time with the specifications that we agreed.

Cecil Hudson
February 15th, 2017 Del Mar, CA

Its over all was very good, there were some errors on installation which they took care and fixed it

Robert Kinstle
February 15th, 2017 Livermore, CA

The process working at Sungevity was very low drama. Their charges are reasonable, their process is reasonable and their very easy to work with, so it's seems like they're meant for me. Their pretty aggressive about calling me during the finances, to be sure that you get started, they're all very positive. Note: Prospect didn't understand the question and rep failed to repeat

Leon Tanner
February 15th, 2017 Meriden, CT

We had talked other solar companies that just couldn't give a specifics about how much money we would save by going solar and there was a guy from another company, Solar City who was more interested on how pretty he looked and had to get home to his apartment because he has friends coming over so he really wasn't interested in doing the sale. We had a great experience. They monitor everything, we don't have to worry about nothing. Sungevity is been wonderful.

Warren Ecker
February 15th, 2017 Los Banos, CA

I look at all the other competitors that were available that time and this was the best deal. Everything was great, I don't have a single complaint.

Adrienne Borge
February 15th, 2017 Belvedere Tiburon, CA

I thought they were responsive and timely and informative. We are pleased with the system.

Elaine Winter
February 15th, 2017 Wildwood, NJ

Their attention to detail is fantastic, and their prices are unmatchable. I am pleased all around with this company.

AS
February 15th, 2017 Wilmington, DE

Compared to all other companies I looked at, they were by far the best.

Thomas Maas
February 15th, 2017 Manchester, CT

Everything from the first meeting to the installation was excellent. Everything was done just right, and they were very good about answering my questions.

Arch McCulloch
February 15th, 2017 Morongo Valley, CA

They were recommended by the Sierra Club and I didn't want to get some larger companies so they were the ones I chose. I was very satisfied with the people they sent out. They were very professional, approachable and very friendly.

Christopher Miller
February 15th, 2017 Torrance, CA

I did so much research, and it paid off. I've had a phenomenal relationship with Sungevity. They were again 100% professional and I never had any question along the way because they were able to explain everything to me every step of the process. Every step of the process with them professionally and they told me well in advance what to expect so I never had any questions

Robert Rosiello
February 15th, 2017 West Haven, CT

I had six companies come out to the house and the first four would not put solar panels on both front and the back of my house. The fifth company came out, they would do it but their price for the lease was double. Sungevity came in and made me a great offer, would put panels on both front and the back and stood right behind their work. They stood behind their word and everything. I had an electrical piano that needed to be replaced, they replaced it no charge to me which I thought was fantastic. I'm just very happy with the system, it's making more than they actually accounted for and I'm very happy with it.

Lidna Schultz
February 15th, 2017 Redondo Beach, CA

A friend recommended Sungevity to me. Every aspect of our transaction with them has been amazing. We are totally satisfied.

Abigail Fuller
February 15th, 2017 Pinole, CA

Sungevity does a really good job about answering all of my questions and they are were able to get everything done in a timely manner.

George Daly
February 15th, 2017 Williamstown, NJ

They offer the best knowledge when I sat down and speak to them. And their deal was good, I am totally satisfied with the system. Everything was great!

Rebecca Lindland
February 15th, 2017 Cos Cob, CT

I had very good interaction early on with them. They were professional and courteous and I like the materials that they were using for the fastenings and the panels. Its been very good, they've been very professional, very helpful and the people coming to my house, the ones when I needed service, they've been terrific. It was very good, it was actually faster than I expected. They were able to install the system sooner than the original target date. Its been fantastic, I definitely feel like I save money on electricity. Its nice to know that I'm not feeding the grid and so I'm living fairly green that's a positive as well. Overall it's been a positive experience

Judith Silberman
February 15th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I'm very happy with my electric bills and I haven't pay electric bills since we got the bill of first month since May. We are very happy with Sungevity.

Deborah Chapman
February 15th, 2017 Buzzards Bay, MA

We tried another solar company and we didn't like them. They came recommended from a neighbor of mine. I believe they are great company and I am very pleased with the service I received.

Paul Bloom
February 15th, 2017 Valley Cottage, NY

Um I was presented with a promotion when I went to a loans store in my neighborhood. I looked into it further I read online reviews by local neighbors of the services. I went to the website, I spoke with them and I decided if they offer me a program that I wanted then I wanted to have it. Again they were very professional and they did a very good job. They did all the work and all I got to so was go to the town hall to get my certificate of occupancy. Again they were very professional, they did everything they promised to do and I was very satisfied with the whole experience. We had it for almost 2 years now, and the experience was very good. I save some money every month because I got tax rebate legally on my deposit and I feel like I'm doing the right thing. When I have questions they've been very responsive.

Patrick McDonald
February 15th, 2017 Ventura, CA

Recommendations from friends and checking it out by my self. Very pleased, it's done on time and the performance of our solar panel works very well.

William Gerguson
February 15th, 2017 Mission Viejo, CA

It made the process easier. It was all very well planned and everything happened on time. They made the process very simple.

Christopher Golla
February 15th, 2017 Newark, DE

Sungevity's pricing was really good, and the system is excellent. I am very satisfied overall.

Linda Scorsone
February 15th, 2017 Chester, NY

Absolutely zero complaints with this company. Everything was very easy for us, it was a no-brainer.

John Perry
February 15th, 2017 Newman, CA

I did a lot of research online reading through reviews and all the pros and cons, and they were the best company. I am completely happy with the service.

Thomas Deaton
February 15th, 2017 Fresno, CA

My brother-in-law recommended them to me, and they have been really excellent! Everything works well and its saving us money. We're glad that we went solar with them.

Timothy Last
February 15th, 2017 Ayer, MA

I came across Sungevity on the internet, and they seemed to be the best company. We had a great experience working with them, and we really enjoy the system. It is very good!

Karl Kiessling
February 15th, 2017 Viola, DE

We had a great experience working with Sungevity, and we are very pleased with the system.

Patrick Thomas
February 15th, 2017 Gloucester, MA

We are very satisfied with the quality of the installation process. The sales team was great to work with too, they were very informative.

Frank Patterson
February 15th, 2017 Barre, MA

We went with sungevity and we are really pleased. Everything has been really excellent. We are pleased.

Vincent Johnson
February 15th, 2017 Bear, DE

I was weighing my options with Sungevity and Solar City. I felt that Sungevity had a better quality product.

Melkon Krikorian
February 15th, 2017 Queens Village, NY

They give me a quote, they showed me what the system will do and everything they said turned out well. So I trusted them and I did it. The installation was not as smooth as I like. I think partly because they were dealing with outside vendors, so probably they had a thing in there, but the installer been quite the measure up. But eventually everything worked out well.

Robin Rosenberg
February 15th, 2017 Highland Mills, NY

We heard about so many other companies, but Sungevity seemed to be the most reliable. The installation was quick and easy. The system is very efficient and saves us a lot of money.

Anita Levine
February 15th, 2017 Toms River, NJ

I have been perfectly satisfied with Sungevity, so there isn't much to say about them. Everything went according to plan.

David Gruytch
February 15th, 2017 Parlin, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they have the best ratings on the internet. The system is very good, and the installation was fine. My only issue is that the contractors caused a little bit of damage and it took them a while for them to take care of it.

Richard Ogle
February 15th, 2017 Barnegat, NJ

Sungevity was always on time, and they got their work done when they said that they would. Everything is working as promised; we are very satisfied.

Michael Becker
February 15th, 2017 Putnam, CT

They were a great company to work with. The installation was easy, the sales team was excellent, everything was good.

Anthony Mazzeo
February 15th, 2017 Seekonk, MA

After reading a lot of reviews, they seemed to be the best company out there. They addressed all of my concerns, answered all of my questions and everything went very smoothly.

Virginia Hills
February 15th, 2017 Mickleton, NJ

I like the companies lease terms, thats what did it for me. Customer service is excellent, the installation was excellent, we are satisfied.

Brennan Baker
February 15th, 2017 Lumberton, NJ

When you look at it, everything was a great experience. The sales people were very straightforward, the installation was easy, and we are saving money. We are very happy.

Dennis Shimkoski
February 15th, 2017 Auburn, MA

We went with Sungevity because of cot of value. And after reading so many reviews, most people are happiest with Sungevity. Project management team its very good, they really had a lot to work with with an old historical building and they worked with us to make sure that it'll look not be seen from the road, its really good its well-designed. they call us whenever there's a problem they monitor it and it surprises me whenever they do. But they give us a call and let us you know go check on things that has been a problem which is incredibly to me just very helpful. It is beyond just installation they really do a good job and keeping its warm performance.