**In 2017, Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar merged under the Sungevity family. In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.**

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, loan, and PPA payment options, customers can go solar for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers cover the cost of the system and solar panel installation upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

Unlike some other solar installers, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.

Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their solar systems, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise the solar provider for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering switching to clean energy with Sungevity? Visit site.

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in the following eight states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one of the states where the company services, its multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top notch customer service are hard to beat.

Call our recommended rep over at Sungevity below.

Gregory Brunson

February 15th, 2017 Griswold, CT

Their panels look a lot better then other companies!We are very, very pleased. Dealings with the companies have been excellent, and I love the system.

David Horowitz

February 15th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

Sungevity offers basically a risk-free experience to save money and to do great for the environment. The sales team was very professional and knowledgeable. They have done a very good job, keep up the good work.

Richard Paugh

February 15th, 2017 Ocean View, DE

I did a lot of research on various companies. The company was very attentive, they explained everything very well. Installation took a couple of days, but we were very pleased with it over all.

Leonard Goldblatt

February 15th, 2017 Townsend, DE

I found out about them at Lowes. The consultation was easy, the management team was great, everything went right at the installation. I am pretty satisfied!

Tracy Dauterman

February 15th, 2017 Paso Robles, CA

I was at Lowes and they approached me. When they explained it to me it was really a no brainer. I am very satisfied with the installation and the company as a whole.

Paul Gordon

February 15th, 2017 Lawrence, MA

I did extensive research online and Sungevity looked the best. Everything has been excellent with them so far. The management team was very helpful, installation went well, everything is great.

Joe Smashey

February 15th, 2017 National Park, NJ

I went with Sungevity because they offered me the right deal at the time. I was very satisfied with the management team and the installation process. Everything has been great; would recommend.

David Janelle

February 15th, 2017 Mendon, MA

I looked at a lot of different companies. What I really liked about Sungevity is that they guarantee the amount of electricity that we would generate. Installation was very neat and quick. The installation took a few hours, maybe 5 or 6. There was no mess, it was so neat. They did a very good job. The management team was excellent. They kept in contact with me through the entire process letting me know what was happening, when it was happening, when I could expect things to happen, so it was very good to be able to not have to worry about things. After a year of having the solar panel installed I was able to generate 97.5% of my total electricity, which I thought was great.

AM

February 15th, 2017 Oakland, CA

The terms of the agreement, the costumer service I received that they were a local company to where I live and their price. Based on my experience I would absolutely recommend them.

Robert Treglia

February 15th, 2017 Acushnet, MA

We went with Sungevity because they were affiliated with Lowes. They did everything that they said that they would, and everything is working just like they said.

Gerald Carroll

February 15th, 2017 Milford, DE

After doing research, Sungevity seemed to be pretty good. The installation overall is working fine, its good but theres some issues. They drove over my septic system and I had to get it repaired. But the company resolved that issue. With that said, the management team has been great, I like the system so far, it is very good.

William Wilson

February 15th, 2017 Escondido, CA

Sungevity had a very excellent offering for prepaid lease which provided the highest return of investment for my rental properties. It has gone so well that we decided to add 3 more systems to 3 more properties.

Teri Berwick

February 15th, 2017 Los Altos, CA

Sungeviry provides an excellent service. They were very fast, they are intelligent, and their service was just impeccable! We are saving money and its amazing!

Robert Hargrave

February 15th, 2017 Syracuse, NY

Sungevity has been great! They have great people working for them, especially the guys who actually installed the panels on our house. So far, we haven't had a single problem!

Glenn Miller

February 15th, 2017 Hillsborough Township, NJ

We checked out several companies, and they seemed to meet our needs the best. We have had no problems whatsoever with the company. Everything is very inexpensive, and the management team was great. I would recommend Sungevity to just about anyone like I said, there is no problem. The bill has been fine and we had nothing to say badly about this company.

John Griffin

February 15th, 2017 Stoughton, MA

We spoke to 3 or 4 different companies and they provided us with the best designs for our solar system, and the best payment options as well. I am completely satisfied with the installation process, the management team is excellent. We are very happy!

Joseph Wantanabe

February 15th, 2017 Beaumont, CA

I was looking into Solar when I was at Lowes, and I was impressed with Sungevity. The consultation was very good and the installation was also good. The only thing that was a little confusing was that i had to deal with 5-6 different people throughout the installation process. But other than that everything has been great.

Greg Brown

February 15th, 2017 Poway, CA

My son had a great experience with Sungevity, so I decided to give them a try also. Everything seems to be pretty good, I like the final product. No complaints.

Donald Mazzarella

February 15th, 2017 Somers Point, NJ

So I investigated a few different companies online, but I work for Lowes, and there was a Sungevity rep. there every day. So after talking to them I decided that they would be best. My initial consultation was a little bit rocky to be honest, he was a bit unclear on some details. But once everything got cleared up, installation was very good, and everything else has been great.

Robert Picard

February 15th, 2017 Buena Park, CA

Everything that they have advertised is accurate. They are a well organized company, their programs are fantastic, and their financial status is impressive. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to go solar.

Richard Terpening

February 15th, 2017 Buena Park, CA

I went with Sungevity because of their pricing and their affiliations. Everything that they had promised to me has been fulfilled.

LF

February 15th, 2017 Lake Forest, CA

My brother had already used them and he was very pleased.Everything has been outstanding! It has saved us a lot of money already and I would do it again.

Julius Allen

February 15th, 2017 Menifee, CA

Sungevity was actually a referral from a friend, and they were astronomically great. I would refer them to anybody!

Michael Schaff

February 15th, 2017 Parishville, NY

Their original presentation was very professional, very complete, and their 20 year warranty was a major factor for me.We are very satisfied with the overall quality of everything. We did have a minor problem with the system needing a few adjustments. They were very prompt in coming to take care of it, and answering all of the questions that we had.

William Goff

February 15th, 2017 Marana, AZ

After doing research, I found that a lot of other solar companies were not solid financially. I was very pleased when I met with the consultant, they came and took measurements and the got me designs; the whole process was very simply. They did a great job with the installation, they even made sure that there were no leaks. They made sure that the system was up and running and operating properly. Im generating plenty of energy and I am very happy. The system generates a lot of energy, and my bill is way down. I am happy.

Anne Raham

February 15th, 2017 Pulaski, NY

I went with Sungevity because of the reviews that I had read, and because of their cost. I am very satisfied, they are a great service. Everything is really great!

William Regan

February 15th, 2017 Galt, CA

They answered all of my question, the installation went very well, i'm happy. Sungevity is a good company altogether.

Rosette Maristela

February 15th, 2017 Irvine, CA

I did a lot of research and compared the various solar companies, and for what they provided, and the price I think they were the best choice. The consultation was so very pleasant. They went through with everything that they said that they would. It was a really nice transaction for me. So far everything is good!

Patrick Collins

February 15th, 2017 Marlborough, MA

I research several different companies and the number one ins Sungevity. They are just the easiest to work with. Installation went well, it was super easy.

Isabelle Beauchamps

February 15th, 2017 Berkeley, CA

I looked at Solar City first, but they weren't very responsive to my needs. They didn't provide me with any information or answer my questions. They provided high class customer service from the very beginning, and they won me over. Everything has been really great!

Robert Martin

February 15th, 2017 Central Square, NY

They offer the best promotions and the best warranty. Everything from consultation to installation has been excellent. We are very happy.

Rootuja Ghatge

February 15th, 2017 Fremont, CA

The company is quite excellent. They always follow up on any problems, like a one time we had a stormy night and the car charger blew up. So they replaced it quickly. They always followed-up so no complaints. I just have one comment to make: I just wish they recommended us to get a pick all system. So that they wont give you any bill right now. After that worked, I have the prepaid security. So you see if we had an electrical system then we weren't have any few electric bill, that's my only comment. everybody's great, everybody's professional, they are very responsive when I said I have any questions or a comment, so no complaints. I like how I think they are and how responsive they are.

Jason Kristof

February 15th, 2017 Cortland, NY

They provided a head still mount system opposed to a roof-tap mounted system that whats I wanted so I talked with them. The system works very well, the installation was excellent, I am very happy.

JA

February 15th, 2017 Canton, MA

I am a big fan of their technology, their customer support is wonderful. I like the company a lot, and I recommend them.

Nicholas Ciccone

February 15th, 2017 Waltham, MA

They have the best customer service and the most complete aspirations of their services. They have been exceptional to work with.

Steven McManus

February 15th, 2017 Livermore, CA

Well they were just one of the more recommended companies in the area and the were the one that actually gives us the largest amount of panels on our roofs. The other company SunLan they wouldn't give us as large as system I guess. Installation was very good, they are all very professional. I don't know if they hired a 3rd party to do it but rather they hired is actually excellent and um very efficient, they did a great job, take trash of the roof and clean the gutters and um and the installations is very good and very quick and its a very good experience.

Jason Mayer

February 15th, 2017 Yucaipa, CA

Sungevity was the best company in our opinion, that is why we went with them. The consultation was very informative; they answered all of our questions. The installation took place when they said it would and was very quick. We are very, very pleased.

Wayne Rice

February 15th, 2017 White Plains, NY

The installation actually took a really long time. The system is good though, and I like the company.

Kathy Beaubien

February 15th, 2017 Hastings, NY

"When I contacted them, they answered all my questions, it didn't matter how big or small my concerns were, they answered everything and they took their time on me. And I search for other solar places but they couldn't bother to answer my questions and people from Sungevity did, they took the time, you know they were patient I can't say off about them, they were so good that I have my other daughter live in New York and she also went well with them, so there's 2 of us now, my house and my daughter's house. Other than the people that they had the company they go through to install it, after they install it they were very very good. They cleaned everything up, barely nothing, not even a nail, wrapper, nothing. I was very pleased with them It was very good"

Russell Baer

February 15th, 2017 South Dartmouth, MA

Sungevity was always very timely and they kept me informed throughout the entire process. They stuck to their delivery date and the installation was very easy. Everyone I have spoken with was very nice, and I like that I can access my system online.

Rodney Perkins

February 15th, 2017 Newark, DE

We are very happy overall with this company, they have done a great job, we are totally satisfied. We're just not a big fan of the lease option.

AR

February 15th, 2017 Beacon, NY

My neighbor had a Sungevity solar system and they loved it. They referred us to it, and we are also very, very happy with it. Everything is absolutely fantastic.

Andrade Lamb

February 15th, 2017 Fallbrook, CA

Sungevity, when they presented to me, I was very impressed. The design's were superb, the pricing was was just right. Everything was transparent. The installation process was just average. They utilize local contractors, which wasn't what I had expected. And they had to come out and tweek the system 4 or 5 times. Overall though, everything is great.

Joshua Hankin

February 15th, 2017 Canton, MA

When we had looking to solar we got quotes from several companies and Sungevity has the combination of a good price and they had a warranty that was you know what we're looking for. Very good, they were helpful. Very accommodating and we're able to get the project done very quickly.

Richard Abramson

February 15th, 2017 New Milford, CT

Well, the truth is they were fantastic in the beginning and then I feel there's a very high pressure thing. And I thought, and I felt I was lied to, they told me I gain a $65000 rebate which was false because it's only a $65000 of my taxes. Everything else is really good though!

Paul Carboni

February 15th, 2017 Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I was satisfied with their explanation of the process, they seemed like a reputable company. The installers were very professional, everything has been very excellent.

David Galvan

February 15th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

A few of my friends have gone with Sungevity and had good experiences. I decided to research several companies and Sungevity is the best in terms of price. The installation process was excellent, the management team was excellent; I am very satisfied.

David Vorspan

February 15th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

We're happy with Sungevity. All the reviews that we read are right; great customer service, quality equipment, great prices. We are very happy.

Adrian Laboy

February 15th, 2017 Bloomfield, CT

I had a request on someone from other companies but they were , they showed a lot of willingness to help and to come up with the best installation fee so they were very attentive, very very helpful, very good communication so that's why I hook them up. the installation I'm very satisfied, very good job and the measurements that they gave me were great on in terms of duration and I was very satisfied.

Ricky Williams

February 15th, 2017 Oceanside, CA

The installation process was very,very good. Everything went well and we are totally satisfied.