Erus Energy

5.8

LAST UPDATED: October 17th, 2023

Erus Energy was founded in 2004 and currently serves more than 15,000 residential solar customers across Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. The solar energy company provides multiple financing options as well as additional home improvement services. Erus Energy offers solar financing, installation, and warranty coverage.

In 2018, the solar installation company was named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine it is also NAPCEP-certified, indicating a high caliber of solar service and products.

Keep reading our Erus Energy review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing the solar provider or skip to the customer reviews.

The Good

• 30-Year Warranty with Solar Insure
  • Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA
  • Solar Energy Storage
  • Maintenance and Repair

30-Year Warranty with Solar Insure

Erus Energy attaches a 30-year warranty to its solar installation projects, which is considered on the high end when compared to leading solar providers that offer 10 or 25 years. The warranty offered through Solar Insure is designed to protect the system from defects caused during the installation process.

Erus Energy promises to never sell a customer's solar panel system to another company.

Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA

Erus Energy customers have multiple financing options available to them. Depending on the homeowner's energy needs and budget, Erus Energy's solar experts might recommend one or more of the following alternatives:

• Cash Purchase — buy the system out of pocket, and receive a federal investment tax credit
  • Solar Loan — finance the solar system for zero money down, and still receive the federal tax credit
  • Solar Lease — "rent" the solar system for no money upfront at a monthly rate that's lower than your current electric bill
  • Solar PPA — only pay for the energy your system produces each month, at a fixed rate, for less than the monthly utility bill

The solar company offers free estimates using Google Project Sunroof for customers interested in comparing prices.

Solar Energy Storage

Homeowners can add Erus Energy's solar backup battery, which can harness excess solar power produced by the system and use it during the night or in the event of a power outage.

Erus Energy sources its solar batteries from Enphase, an industry leader in solar energy monitoring and conversion technology. Solar solutions from Enphase come with solar industry-leading 25-year equipment warranties, which means every Erus Energy solar energy system is protected against product defects for its entire lifetime.

Erus Energy offers the Encharge 10™ storage system, Encharge 3™ storage system, Enpower™ smart switch, and IQ™ combiner series. Erus Energy's battery solutions can easily integrate with any existing system.

Maintenance and Repair

The Erus Assurance plan is designed to provide ongoing maintenance and repair to customers' solar panel systems. Erus Energy promises to offer customer support even after installation. Below is a list of the services offered:

• System Monitoring
  • Preventative Maintenance Visits
  • Remote Troubleshooting with Customer Service
  • New Roof Removal and Installation
  • System Upgrades
  • And More

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Mixed Customer Service Reviews

Limited Availability

Erus Energy is only available in three states (New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas). Promoting verified Erus Energy reviews can be an effective way for the company to stand apart from the competition.

Mixed Customer Service Reviews

While there are a number of glowing reviews about Erus Energy's communication with customers, some reviews indicate communication gaps. However, the company has responded to these reviews and reached out to unhappy customers, signaling a commitment to customer care in any circumstance.

The Bottom Line

Erus Energy installs quality solar energy systems and provides customers with a variety of financing options to help them invest in clean, renewable energy while also saving on their utility bills. The company's limited availability may set the company at a disadvantage to competing national solar providers, but customers from Phoenix to Austin are encouraged to obtain a quote from Erus Energy.

View Best Solar Companies

3.3

Dana Gilmore Phoenix, AZ

I liked what Erus has to offer. I would have really liked to have more direct contact from the person in charge of our contract. It felt like once we signed the contract everything was done remotely and we never got to speak with someone about how to use the app or how our system could be improved. The customer service is a bit lacking. We also had to push them to finish the aeroseal before we signed off on the approval. I have a feeling that if we didn't, it would never have gotten done.

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the lack of direct contact you experienced during the contract process. We strive to provide our customers with the best customer service possible. We assure you that the aeroseal was done before the contract was signed off on and will take steps to ensure that any future projects are completed in a timely manner. We appreciate your feedback and we will look into ways to improve our customer service.

Apr. 25th, 2023

Roger Hallie Albuquerque, NM

We just recently had our panels installed by Erus Energy, and I must say they were very professional and completed the install in about six hours. One panel was damaged and replaced immediately. In regards as to why we chose Erus Energy, Chaz V and Ray H were very informative, and discussed with us about the superior quality of the Erus Energy products. I was concerned that there be no penetrations in our roof, and as a result, a ballast system was used in which concrete blocks are used on the framework to secure the panels. The reason for the four star rating is that we have not had El Paso Electric complete their inspection, and as a result, we are as of this date not connected. When considering a solar company, I would definitely give Erus Energy a call.

Reply from Erus Energy

Hello Roger Hallie, Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your experience was!

Dec. 13th, 2022

Maria Elena Trejo El Paso, TX

I’ve been impressed with Erus . So far, my panels have needed only one service call. The job was done well. The technician informed us of the problem and told us what he was going to fix. I was also impressed by the follow up call I received from Joe Hernandez. He explained how I could download the app on my phone, letting me know how I could view energy use. He answered my questions and gave me a phone number I could use if I had any further questions or concerns. Moving to solar energy was a good move!

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation for Joe! Erus Energy prides itself in having exceptional team members to take care of our customers and I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. As always, if you have an questions or concerns, please don't ever hesitate to reach out to the Erus Energy support team at 844-272-8336!

Apr. 30th, 2020

Lee San Benito, TX

They did a good job. I think I need more solar panels. I haven't had enough time to evaluate. It has been very cloudy since they were operational.

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to have met your expectations for your solar project.

Nov. 29th, 2022

Bruce

Detailed communications about design and planning. Worked through difficult permitting challenges. Progress and status communication was slightly lacking.

1 year ago Edited November 17, 2022

Reply from Erus Energy

Hello Bruce, we are currently working with your utility company to reach an agreement with regard to the placement of your electrical equipment. Please reach out to Customer Support for any further questions regarding your project at 844.272.8336. Thank you.

Nov. 29th, 2022

E.Caballero

Nice work, clean . Seems like a very trustworthy company.y

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Caballero, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! If there were any issues that you would like to discuss further that prevented you from leaving a 5-star review, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and I'll be happy to discuss your concerns! As a company we are constantly striving to improve our processes to make sure that our customers receive the best experience. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone at 844-272-8336 and ask for Regional Manager, Kayla Swisher, or by email at [email protected]

May. 26th, 2020

HeatherKoontz Tucson, AZ

They haven’t explained how to monitor system with app

Reply from Erus Energy

Hi Heather, Please see this link to help assist with understanding your monitoring and how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCkS8pP3ck

Dec. 30th, 2022

Carlos Sifuentes El Paso, TX

Good customer service and speedy installation.

Reply from Erus Energy

Hi Carlos, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Dec. 30th, 2022