Erus Energy

6.0

Erus Energy was founded in 2004 and currently serves more than 15,000 residential solar customers across Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. The solar company provides multiple financing options as well as additional home improvement services. In 2018, the solar installation company was named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine.

The Good

• Premier Solar Equipment
  • Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA
  • Solar Energy Storage
  • Maintenance and Repair

Premier Solar Equipment

Erus Energy offers homeowners some of the best solar panels and solar inverters available today. SunPower solar panels, widely considered to be top-of-the-line, and average around 22.8 percent energy efficiency, which is second to none.Meanwhile, the company sources its solar micro inverters from Enphase, an industry leader in solar energy monitoring and conversion technology.

Solar solutions from both SunPower and Enphase come with solar industry-leading 25-year equipment warranties, which means every Erus Energy solar energy system is protected against product defects for its entire lifetime.

Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA

Erus Energy customers have multiple financing options available to them. Depending on the homeowner's energy needs and budget, Erus Energy's solar experts might recommend one or more of the following alternatives:

• Cash Purchase — buy the system out of pocket, and receive a 26 percent federal investment tax credit
  • Solar Loan — finance the solar system for zero money down, and still receive the federal tax credit
  • Solar Lease — "rent" the solar system for no money upfront at a monthly rate that's lower than your current electric bill
  • Solar PPA — only pay for the energy your system produces each month, at a fixed rate, for less than the monthly utility bill

Solar Energy Storage

Homeowners can add Erus Energy's solar backup battery, which can harness excess solar power the system produces and use it during the night time or in the event of a power outage. Erus Energy's battery solutions can easily integrate with any existing system.

Maintenance and Repair

The Erus Assurance plan is designed to provide ongoing maintenance and repair to customers' solar panel systems, and include the following services:

• System Monitoring
  • Preventative Maintenance Visits
  • Remote Troubleshooting with Customer Service
  • New Roof Removal and Installation
  • System Upgrades
  • And More

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Short Workmanship Warranty
  • Not NABCEP Certified

Limited Availability

Erus Energy is only available in three states (New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas). Promoting verified Erus Energy reviews can be an effective way for the company to stand apart from the competition.

Short Workmanship Warranty

Erus Energy only attaches a two-year workmanship warranty to its solar installation projects, which is considered on the low end when compared to leading solar providers that offer 10 or even 25 years. The workmanship warranty is designed to protect the system from defects caused during the installation process.

Not NABCEP Certified

The company does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), a highly regarded organization that produces the most rigorous certification programs in the solar industry. While this in no way implies poor installation quality on the part of the company, an NABCEP certification can indicate to customers that a solar installer's technicians have undergone advanced, additional training to ensure solar panel systems are installed properly.

The Bottom Line

Erus Energy installs qualify solar energy systems and provides customers with a variety of financing options to help them invest in clean, renewable energy while also saving on their utility bill. Its short workmanship warranty and lack of NABCEP certification may set the company at a disadvantage to competing solar providers, but customers from Phoenix to Austin are encouraged to obtain a quote from Erus Energy.

3.4

Juan Valenz Glendale, AZ

If I could give a minus number I would, Very Disappointed with this company I wish I never went with them, they are quick to take your money and slow play any repair. I've been dealing with this mickey mouse company for over 5 years to resove issues with my solar install im taking legal action. For the ride they took me on. Erus should be ashamed of them selves to take advantage of people. I would not recommend them to my worst neighbor.

Cort A McAllen, TX

Erus Energy is a great solar company. Erus has excellent customer service. Their staff is friendly and professional. I will definitely recommend.

Aaron Moreno ,

Some of the Best customer service I have ever experienced! Perhaps some of these other people who left reviews didn't pay attention to their salesperson upon closing because not only did I receive the direct number to concierge but I had the personal cell phone number to my sales person and area director. It is all written down on the closing paperwork. As far as my panels go, I couldn't be more satisfied. I've had my system since December of 2018 and my electric bills have gone from next to nothing to actually having a credit! I have LG panels on my system and last year one of them stopped working. I didn't realize that something was wrong with my panel until Erus called me to let me know that my Envoy was sending them an alert about my panel. When they came to look at my panel, they determined that the panel had cracked and they replaced it for me at no charge. Thank you Erus for being there for me every step of the way.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Aaron, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are absolutely thrilled that you have joined us in a solar power and energy experience. Our installers and customer support are the backbone of our organization. They always want you to have the best solar power experience. It is our goal to educate everyone about the benefits and how we can help lower your electricity bill through a solar power experience. You may always reach out to us at [email protected] for additional support.

Jan. 5th, 2021

Leroy Andrzejewski Glendale, AZ

I was very impressed with the detail and information along with data from the sales presentation. This includes the financials. It cost us zero dollars for the project up front and their financing terms for the purchase were very good. The installation within a couple of weeks from the contract. The installation for the electrical hookup and 26 panel installation was completed in a half day. The power turning occurred within 10 days of installation completion. I was very impressed and I am reaping the benefits, plus I get $11k back from the feds and the state for installing solar..

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Andrzejewski Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Christopher Rhodes Las Cruces, NM

There was nothing good about my experience with Erus Energy. When they came out to do a layout of my panels the engineer had them on the West side of the house, my house faces East, so that they get more sunlight. Then when the installers arrived they put them on the East side. So now I have these wonderful solar panels that maybe took off 1/3 of my electric bill because the people didn't follow instructions. After all was said and done EP Electric failed the inspection because they used the wrong gauge, too small, on most of the wiring. So then they had to come out again and had to redo all the wiring. And if that wasn't enough they failed the inspection again because the schematics were wrong.

Monica San Antonio, TX

We were so excited about the addition of solar panels. Our solar unit was agreed and financed in October 2020 and is being deducted for monthly payments and unfortunately it’s still to be functional. We have had numerous ERUS company associates come out to evaluate the status of the solar panel. CPS has been out numerous times and have communicated with ERUS that the issues are with the solar panels. How long will we be paying for a non- functioning unit? It has never been in service or approved for service and we are 7 months in.

Michael Phoenix, AZ

I am absolutely overjoyed with the installation that Erus Energy provided my family. They came out and told me exactly what needed to happen to reduce my electric bill. Solar energy isn't inexpensive and it definitely is a major modification to my house. But if I kept my energy consumption stable based on their review, I would (AND DID) see a dramatic reduction on my energy bill. So thank you.

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you very much for your 5 star review! We are grateful to be part of your solar power experience. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or 844-272-8336

Dec. 17th, 2020

Bill Q. Chandler, AZ

Knowledgeable, helpful, thorough, and professional employees. We had our Solar installed in April 2020 and are excited to have this alternative energy on our home. We look forward to seeing how the system performs in the long-term. Performance over time will fine tune the price plan we keep with SRP our utility provider.

Reply from Erus Energy

Bill, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Jun. 8th, 2020

Don McReynolds Youngtown, AZ

Phoenix Team One is doing my install. They are professional and “go the extra mile”. They explain what they are doing and why. Always prompt and considerate of our property. Completely satisfied with the level of service we have received.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Don, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are grateful to be part of your solar power experience. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact our project managers at 844-272-8336 or [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Maria A. Estrada

The company RCM GLOBAL that they hired to get me to sign on to going solar were not honest with their offers they said I would receive if I agreed to accept Erus Energy Solar System. They promised I would receive energy saving light bulbs for each fixture in my home. They promised I would receive a thermostat control that I could control with my phone. I never received any of the promised items. I've tried calling them, texting them messages, but they no longer seem to exist.

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Estrada, Thank you for reaching out. We are currently working on getting in contact with RCM Global in order to resolve this issue and we will be in touch with you shortly. In the meantime, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 or [email protected] Thank you!

Jul. 27th, 2020

S. Ward

We had Erus Energy install our solar panels almost 5 years ago. They were professional, friendly, skilled and knowledgable. We spoke with the sales rep for about 2 hours before we decided to buy our panels instead of leasing them. For us, it was the perfect solution. We have been very pleased with our low bills. Recently, we had something go wrong that needed to be replaced (under warranty). The company was very cooperative and did everything they could to resolve our situation quickly. We definitely would recommend this company to anyone considering going solar. They are very customer service oriented.

Lisa Rike San Tan Valley, AZ

Anthony with the Phoenix #1 Crew was very helpful in explaining our new electrical panel to me and the crew was extremely helpful and professional. They installed everything within 1 day.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Lisa, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We have passed along your compliments to Anthony and the Phoenix crew. Absolutely thrilled that you have joined us in a solar power and energy experience. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or 844-272-8336

Dec. 17th, 2020

Amber Shell El Paso, TX

Erus Energy was the only company that didn’t buckle n dime me about every permit, service call, additional items with my purchase. No money out of pocket, clean professional work. My bill this month was less than 20$. I even received a free main panel upgrade because my home needed it. Every time I have questions i can always get a hold of someone. Couldn’t have made a better choice.

Robert Downs Tempe, AZ

I live in a condo andI purchased my Solar Panels from Erus Energy July, 2014, in July 2016 the condo next to mine sold and the buyer noticed that 4 of my Solar panels were infringing on part of her roof and wanted me to move the panels, called Erus and the came out and removed and installed the Solar panels at no cost to me. Very pleased with Erus Energy. My Solar Panels have saved me over $100/month.

AZ Virtual Tours Phoenix, AZ

Erus installed a new roof and panels at my home a few years ago. Couldn’t be happier with the product, workmanship and customer support!

John Frazzini

Excellent communication, followed up with answers to my questions, and guided me through the application process until the completion of the project…

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Frazzini, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

May. 26th, 2020

Maria Elena Trejo El Paso, TX

I’ve been impressed with Erus . So far, my panels have needed only one service call. The job was done well. The technician informed us of the problem and told us what he was going to fix. I was also impressed by the follow up call I received from Joe Hernandez. He explained how I could download the app on my phone, letting me know how I could view energy use. He answered my questions and gave me a phone number I could use if I had any further questions or concerns. Moving to solar energy was a good move!

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation for Joe! Erus Energy prides itself in having exceptional team members to take care of our customers and I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. As always, if you have an questions or concerns, please don't ever hesitate to reach out to the Erus Energy support team at 844-272-8336!

Apr. 30th, 2020

Lisa Hartney Albuquerque, NM

Nathaniel R knocked on my door and started going over solar. Very professional and informative. I was a bit skeptical about solar, but I give it a chance only because the rep was so nice. I am a very satisfied customer. I just got my second electric bill since trying it out and it’s was negative $5. No complaints here. Keep up the good work!

Reply from Erus Energy

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of solar! Please let us know if you need anything. Benajmin

Feb. 13th, 2020

Josh K Mesa, AZ

Even though the install took much longer than anticipated since the Utility companies and permit offices have been overwhelmed by the massive amount of applications, the project manager kept in contact throughout and made the process very easy. I didn't have to lift a finger! I am proud of my decision to work with Erus energy. A+

David Brady Bell, CA

My home in San Antonio was one of the first Solar packages installed by Erus. It took our local energy two months to train contractor's to inspect and turn our system on. I am very pleased to cut my electric bill to $20 dollars a month. $16 of that is for natural gas. Dec 2017 will be two years running. Extremely happy

Kelli Parker Phoenix, AZ

I had a solar system installed in 2015 and my bills went from $250.00 to $20.00. Everyone from the first phone call to my system being turned on I was kept informed and up to date. I will recommend this company to anyone who is interested in going solar!

Wolf Tombe Oracle, AZ

Provided excellent service and kept me in constant touch with what was happening.

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Tombe, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Gail Arlington, VA

I recently moved to San Antonio. I'm extremely delighted with my experience with Erus. Products are reasonably priced and the quality is great!!!

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Gail, Thank you so much for the amazing 5 star review. We are grateful to be part of your solar power experience. You may always reach out to us at [email protected] for additional support.

Jan. 5th, 2021

Jeffrey McCune Green Valley, AZ

CAUTION. THEIR PRODUCT IS A JOKE, MADE IN CHINA OR MEXICO. Purchased the system from Erus in Jan 2020, and paid cash. After three months the panel inverters failed. Hottest summer in Arizona and we got very little from the system. Erus does not honor the warranty. Because the inverters are made out of the USA they cannot get replacements. Their customer service gives you the run around. They try to blame the manufacturer of the panel, but the warranty is not with the manufacturer but Erus themselves. Avoid this company at all costs. Do not do business with Erus, you will lose money.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Jeffrey, Thank you for the review. Hanwha Q Cells commonly known as Q Cells or Hanwha Q Cells, are manufacturers of photovoltaic solar cells. They are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Its technology and innovation center is located in Thalheim, Germany. They are manufactured and produced around the world. We purchase Q Cells direct from the company with no middle man. I also notice that our service tech Roman came to your house and has been monitoring your situation and that our project management team has been in touch with you about this. We appreciate your feedback and review. Thank you.

Jonathan Bērzins Phoenix, AZ

The bill of goods we were sold prior to installation is all false promises. We got pushed to make a decision by the end of October so that installation would happen prior to the new year as well as receiving tax benefits. After agreeing to this it took until March for the system to be installed and working. All the way up to that point blaming others for why something was not complete. Beyond that during the sales pitch we received from George to make the change to solar we were told about a “zero” bill we would have, especially with the electric company we have that they would be easy to work with and most likely actually receive a credit at the end of year. At this point between the cost of solar and the additional cost from our electric company we are paying more to have solar then it would’ve cost us without solar. We are all for helping the climate but was lied to from day one with this organization from sales people to the installation staff. On top of all that they also offered $1000 referral bonus to people. We were referred by another client who then was told that offer was no longer good.

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Berzins, As per our previous conversations, the system is producing per the production we estimated at the time of sale to offset your consumption trends at the time. Because your consumption trends and electrical usage have increased, you are now seeing a higher utility bill. If you are interested in discussing the purchase of a system addition if you anticipate that your new consumption trends will remain higher, then we can absolutely have a member of our sales team reach out to you to discuss!

Aug. 31st, 2020

jshaleen El Paso, TX

I had a pretty good experience with the getting everything installed and working, However Today is July 15 my system was installed and running by the end of April. Since that time the main breaker has tripped 3 times June 10 and 26 and again today July 15. The first time I reset the breaker thinking it was just a fluke but when it happened again June 26 it would not just reset so I called the customer service line and was told I needed to call an electrician at my expense to see why their breaker that they installed was not working properly. I was also told if I wanted them to come out it would cost me $200.00 to fix something they should have done correctly the first time. I called an electrician who said that the breaker got too hot because either it had too much of a load (I have 44 amp system that's a big system) or the heat from the El Paso sun beating down on it directly at 2PM or the system was engineered incorrectly so if it happened again call the company and tell them to come look at their system. Today it happened again and I called again and was told that they would contact the local office here in El Paso TX and someone would contact me in 24-48 hours meanwhile it's 102 and I have no AC and all my electricity is off (my refrigerator with all my food that I just bought today) what a BS system if it doesn't get fixed I will be looking for an attorney to get me out of this BS Contract and have them remove the panels and go back to EP Electric. Never had a problem when they provided my electricity...oh and I still receive a bill from them each month for $20-$40 dollars so why don't they just kick in when this system shuts down???

Scott Hall Mesa, AZ

We were able to lower our monthly cost of electricity significantly here in AZ thanks to the help of Erus Energy. I love seeing my meter running backwards! I recommend these guys 100%

Coleen Manley San Antonio, TX

I hired Erus to install solar panels on my home. I kept thinking that I should be getting better production. It took 3 months to get the company to come out. It was then I finally found out that over half the panels were not turned on. The system then had problems for the next two months with shutting down. This was finally fixed. Having no trust in this company I hired another company to check the work. Erus never took into account the placement of the panels in regards to my trees. Even after cutting down one of my trees I still have 9 panels that need to be moved due to underperformance. In spite of all the calls and reassurances that I would be provided compensation for all the time my panels were not working. I have received nothing. Jonathon, tech support is their only positive experience with this company. He provided excellent customer support. I would not recommend this company.

Brenda Rios El Paso, TX

Erus Energy is very professional, installers were there on time and finished promptly, hook up and ready to start. They are a great team from the sales person to everyone behind the scene.

Jeremy Killmer Scottsdale, AZ

Erus Energy is a premium solar integration firm. They have first class service and the best warranty on solar panels in the United States. Highly recommend! Very professional and courteous .

Warren C Whitehead Tucson, AZ

I bought a 12 panel Solar PV system from Erus Energy with a 3kW Solar Edge Inverter. They were slow to install it and charged us almost $21,000 that is $1,750 per panel. The system worked quite well. However, their Perfect Power Box IS A JOKE!! About a year later, we had Baker Solar install 8 more panels. They upgraded our 3kW Inverter to a 5.5 kW Solar Edge Inverter. They rewired the original system and NOW I have instantaneous readout on my computer. The cost was about $7,500 which is about $950/panel. The panels supplied by Erus Energy produce a little less than 1.6 kW each. The panels by Baker Solar produce about 1.8 kW each. MORE POWER OUTPUT FOR LESS THAN 1/2 THE PRICE. Shop BEFORE you BUY. Warren

Luis Montero Jr El Paso, TX

Great group of Installers, My solar panels were done on a very efficient way

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Montero, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We are constantly striving to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Sep. 1st, 2020

Ayman Hajir El Paso, TX

Attentive to details, great customer serviceAnd project management

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Hajir, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Judy DiFrancesco Chandler, AZ

All interaction with the company and it's employees has been just fine

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. DiFrancesco, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

A Kozak Casa Grande, AZ

Communication disappears once the system was installed. Have emailed multiple times with no response. Said we would save money, what joke! Paying more now than before. And now no one will contact us back to explain or resolve the issue.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings It is unfortunate you have had a negative experience. We certainly dont want you to feel like you are being ignored. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or 844-272-8336 so we can resolve your problems. Our project managers would love to help you.

Jan. 25th, 2021

Sandra nolen Mesa, AZ

Customer service was wonderful. Very informative would recommend them to everyone.

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Nolen, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Jun. 16th, 2020

Maria Las Cruces, NM

They are there to help you through the whole process. I am very pleased with the service.

Reply from Erus Energy

Maria, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Jun. 8th, 2020

Laura Chacon

Great customer service! Hoping to save some money in the future with this investment.

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Chacon, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

May. 26th, 2020

Betty Mladek Chaparral, NM

workers great and they knew what they were doing when installed the panels at my house

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Mladek, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We constantly strive to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

Gilbert Maldonado Macdona, TX

Sales Rep had a great answer for all my questions and help me make a great decision!

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Maldonado, Thank you so much for letting us know about your awesome experience with Erus Energy! We take great pride in having an exceptional and knowledgeable staff in order to give our customers the best experience possible so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of solar! We look forward to continuing to assist you in the future and hope that you will be referring Erus Energy to your friends and family. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 if you ever need anything.

VBChris Aztec, NM

Ever wonder why you can't get an email address for anyone who works here or why the fax number doesn't accept IP fax numbers? Customer service is extremely difficult with these folks. The install happened months after scheduled; the panels were placed in areas different than what I agreed; the installers totally wrecked my roof by not sealing the holes they drilled through my roof. I am expecting a HUGE fight on getting this repaired. Prior to this happening nobody could answer simple questions when I called. They are all about the sale, not the service!

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings VBChris, I am happy to provide you an email to our project managers at [email protected] . We have absolutely nothing to hide and would love to make this right for you. You should also already have the email for the specific project manager that helped you for the installation. Please contact our customer support team at 844-272-8336 and we will be more than happy to assist you!

tkofsa1 San Antonio, TX

Dennis M says it best great till after you buy it and its installed getting someone to call you back s a nightmare or getting someone to answer he phone leaving a message is pointless i been trying to get something fixed since aug 19 if you are looking for customer service after install dont you wont get it i gotta believe theres a decent company that wants you to recommend them these people dont care

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you for reaching out! Based on the information provided in your review, we were unfortunately unable to pull up your customer file. Please contact our customer support team at 844-272-8336 and we will be more than happy to assist you! We look forward to working with you for a resolution to your concerns.

Sep. 24th, 2020

Brad D Las Cruces, NM

As the result of a sales call, I opted to go with Erus Energy to install my Solar System which was to be "All Inclusive" of costs to install, connect and produce power. My salesman indicated that "occasionally" there are delays during the process that can result in having to make a loan payment while still making regular payments to the electric company. The presentation though not stated was that such occurrence was rare. After signing the contract and securing the very large loan, initial installation began promptly. The catch is that it stopped at the point of connection to either my home or "the grid". I am now beyond 60 days from initial panel installation and have learned from my electric company that long delays are routine as there is much to be accomplished prior to actually connecting to the system. Adding insult to injury is that there is a long waiting list of previous customers who also have not yet been connected to their solar systems according to the electric company. It is standard routine that the electric company must inspect the entire system and regularly make substantial upgrades to the electric company side of the system BEFORE you get connected. That morsel of information was conveniently not reported by Erus Energy or their sales rep. The "Program Manager" at Erus Energy seems to be entirely disinterested and unconcerned even after frequent prompting. Right after signing the contract, regular followup and status update calls were frequent until the panels were installed. Since that time there has been ZERO contact unless I initiated it. The long and short is that once they have your money you should expect very little from them even with regular prompting. I continue to get no communication from Erus and too continue to await connection of my solar system so that I start to see some sort of return on my investment. I would NOT recommend Erus Energy to anyone. Find another company for your solar needs would be a good choice.

Marco Topo Española, NM

I was also deceived by sale rep, into signing for the tax incentive that we won't see until next year, we signed from about 6 months now, and our system is not operational and loan payment is now due. They said you won't start paying until the system is fully operational and producing.That is another lie. Customer service is terrible and installers are a bunch of incompetent and careless people. Signed in November 2018, as of May 2019 the system is missing the R.E.C. meter and electrical company cannot install the solar meter, there fore the system is pretty much non operational. They are sort of abandoned us, no calls no follow up, nobody returns calls, and we have a useless 13,500 system, for which I am liable to pay now. Do yourself a favor, don't sign with this company, they are scammers !!!

Robert Nichols Sun City Center, FL

My problems started with Erus in April 2018. The salesman during his pitch said "the system would generate enough energy to offset the loan payments". We signed a contract based on that statement and the loan was approved in May. The panels were installed in July and after the first bill from the utility company it was obvious that the salesman had not told the truth. My savings were less than half what the loan payments would be. By the time the panels were activated my salesman was history. Over the next three months I complained about the performance and in October I received an email with a pdf file attached that Erus says I was shown at the time of sale (which is not true) showing that solar would generate 70% of my energy usage with a monthly savings of $52 on my electric bill. These numbers are also not true. In December Erus realized that there was a problem with the consumption data and after two tries the CT's were replaced and wired correctly. By this time Erus has been paid half of the loan and looking for me to signoff on the balance which I have refused to do. Fast forward to April 2019 the bank has cancelled the loan taken back the payment to Erus the system is still and never will produce what I was told and I have received a Breach of Contract notice. Stay away from Erus if possible but if you are so unfortunate as to be involved get everything in writing and only believe half of what you are told.

Amy

Purchased a solar system from them 2 years ago, had a small issue with it recently and they were on the ball to fix it and make sure I understood what was going on.

Angela Howell Cibolo, TX

An Erus Energy salesman just left my house after making an offer to install panels for a cost of $36,295 in order to reduce my electric bill by $100 per month. This would make the panels break even in 30 years. The cost of the panels to finance would increase my monthly expense on electric costs (utility company plus solar payments) by $140 a month. I can't figure out how anyone finds this to be a bargain! When I brought this up to the salesman, he actually got angry with me and said that it's frustrated him that I didn't let him finish his pitch. He left in a big hurry after that comment. He tried really hard to show me how a tax credit would reduce my costs- but it's a one time credit I don't have today, and would have to be up to me to apply it when/if I get it. That's stupid math.

Richard Ring Hobbs, NM

Unfortunately, I trusted this company... Our salesmen deceived us into believing we were going to get federal and state "tax" credits (30% &10% respectively.) She stated we did not need to do anything other than filing our taxes - not true. Our salesmen failed to tell us about the application time required for the state rebate and it expired so we lost that. The salesman did not help on any problems that developed during installation (almost a year from signing contract to completion/production). Their customer service is difficult to deal with and get a straight answer from. At times they were very obnoxious and the company refused to compensate us for the deceptions. I have not gotten any response from them for over 6 months even thought I have emailed the several times regarding the generation of electricity and resolution to the deception. They refused to investigate to determine the problem of the insufficient generation of electricity. The most we have ever generated paid for less than 1/5th of our normal electric bill. Because we financed the solar system, we now pay over $100 a month more than when we did not have it. It has been over 14 months since it was installed with no improvement. Legal recourse may be appropriate.

charles wilson West Columbia, SC

I had 27 panels put on my house in 2017. They were very expensive plus I had a new roof added.They are not worth what I will be paying for them. My electric bill for Oct. 2017 was 200.00 an according to the company that monitors my system I produce more power than I use.

Bruce Manvell El Paso, TX

Just found out that they have several pricing schedules. Given a price of $43,700 AND WHEN IT WAS LEARNED THAT THE CUSTOMER DID NOT QUAILFY FOR A TAX REBATE HE WENT TO A DIFFERENT PRICE SCHEDULE AND CAME UP WITH A PRICE OF 32,900. What concern is it of them if a customer qualifies for a tax rebate or Not! I was with this friend and said I want the same price but I qualify for the rebate. Kind of got him at his own game. The price of solar is going down and the government. Is assisting with engery tax rebates but these greedy solar companies jack up the price by the rebate amount so they can soak you. Should be one price for a system of equal size and let the customer benefit if he qualifies for the rebate. Solar companies are really very dishonest!