Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.8
#3 Wells Fargo chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

3.4

HR
July 5th, 2019 Thompson's Station, TN DETAILS

Wonderful re-finance experience. Great staff, efficient and timely communications all along process. Tremendous savings, thank you Acopia!!!

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks for your review! It was our pleasure.

Marlene B.
July 5th, 2019 Hinsdale, IL DETAILS

Communicative, thorough, pleasant to deal with.

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks Marlene, we appreciate your review and the opportunity to work with you!

Chyrel Wohlgemuth
June 18th, 2019 Acworth, GA

If it were possible to rate this company more than 5 stars, I would. We are especially in awe of how hard Anna B worked to not only meet our closing date, but our loan was completed and ready almost a week ahead of time. All we had to wait for was the seller. For every issue Anna had a solution and a positive attitude. She and Kayla S make a perfect team.

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your review, Chyrel ~ Anna and Kayla are terrific! We appreciate your kind words and trust in us for your home loan needs!

Cree Mullen
June 17th, 2019 Nashville, TN

I worked with no fewer than 3 other lenders over a 6 month period. Jeff S was the only officer who patiently advised me of all my options, offered sound advice and helped to build a mortgage package that allowed me to secure the home of my desire.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for your review, Cree ~ we agree, Jeff is terrific! We know you have options; thank you for choosing Acopia to help with your home loan.

A Williams
June 17th, 2019 Gadsden, AL DETAILS

I worked mostly with Charlene E and she made the loan experience as seamless and comfortable as possible. Buying and selling at the same time is extremely stressful and Mrs. E became my only comfort zone by making everything very clear. She kept an open line of communication and I appreciated her for that. Everything was done very professionally and the process was smooth.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for choosing Acopia!

Mitzi Bradshaw
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great service from everyone involved....thanks for everything

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you, Mitzi ~ we appreciate your recommendation and thank you for choosing Acopia to be your home lender!

Max Crews
June 14th, 2019 Bainbridge, GA

Tina and her team at Acopia provided us with an excellent loan experience throughout the process. The best customer service I’ve experienced.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for your review, Max! It was our pleasure to assist you with your loan.

Craig
June 13th, 2019 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Tina always spot on and guides the process perfectly

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks Craig! We love Tina, too!

Gerard and Cheryl
June 7th, 2019 Sussex, NJ

Very prompt responses and very professional

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you Gerard and Cheryl, it was our pleasure!

SIMEON FRITH
May 22nd, 2019 Loganville, GA

The loan process for purchasing a home is very tiring and stressful, and they were very encouraging and professional during the whole process.

May 22, 2019

Thank you Simeon, it was our pleasure! We appreciate you placing your trust in us to be your lender.

Jon Vargas
May 22nd, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

Very organized, know their stuff, friendly, and very helpful all through the process.

May 22, 2019

Thanks so much for your review, Jon. It was our pleasure!

Shante T
May 17th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

I was referred to Acopia. Everything was going smooth at first. I was prequalified found a home put a offer. Went through with appraisal and inspection. Acopia was well aware of my urgency of needing to find a home as my landlord of the house I was renting was moving back to state and wanted occupancy of their home.1 week before closing During final underwriting the loan officer contacted me stating that I had a student loan on my credit report that was in default. The local Acopia office stated that this just showed up. Which was a complete lie. I believe Acopia carelessly overlooked my student loan as I have been out of school for over 10 years and was already in a payment plan. This ultimately caused my loan to be denied. This only left my family and myself 5 days to find another rental. I would not recommend this company to anyone

May 22, 2019

Hi Shanti, things can happen during the loan process that could affect your credit, both positively or adversely. We are looking into what may have changed in your case and will follow up with you privately to share what we find, as well as answer any other questions you may have about how to qualify for a loan.

Bradford Bragg
July 2nd, 2018 Acworth, GA

Do you not use this loan service company when purchasing your home! They are completely unprofessional and have now clue of what they are doing. I will make this clear that I did not use their services personally; yet, the buyer of our home did. They were not approved for their loan 2 days before closing (Denied). This affected my family as well as the sellers for the home we were purchasing. This happened in Acworth, GA. Patrick the loan officer was a friend of the purchasers and literally waited to send the loan request to the underwriter 5 days prior to closing (Who does that) having a knowledge the purchasers had issues with their financing. Patrick clearly tried to sneak things through the cracks. This in turn caused the purchaser to lose all of their earnest money and wasted all of our time. Again! I would not recommend this company and their shady/ sneaky staff Steer clear of “Patrick” because you will get your hopes up for disappointment

Neal Miller
March 13th, 2018 Buford, GA DETAILS

Bottom line, don't trust Acopia to do what they say or what is right by their customer. My experience with Acopia and Patrick K. (NMLS# 1534902) started out well. They were responsive and seemed to be good to deal with, but as we got further along, our payment changed and our money needed at closing changed. I was told that it was because our loan amount went up (minimally), but to verify, I priced things out with another mortgage company. I got lucky and found a exceptional deal through the new company but rather than jump on immediately, I wanted to verify their numbers before pulling the plug on Acopia. Well, our loan officer Patrick was really on us to get a credit card for our appraisal, so I reluctantly gave it to him but was up front and told him we had another company looking at the loan and we didn't want the appraisal done yet. He assured us it would take a week or more to get scheduled and completed so I reluctantly gave him the information. The above happened on a Friday night (after business hours actually). On Tuesday, I was pretty much given an ultimatum from Patrick (passed on through him from management) to continue with the loan or cut me loose. So I ran numbers until midnight and decided to go with my new loan company. I emailed Patrick the next morning and told him what my plans were and to not proceed with the loan or appraisal. Well, it turns out that the appraisal didn't take a week like we were told, it took a day. The very first business day after I gave up my CC information to try and get Patrick's boss off his back (and him off of mine), they did my appraisal and have now refused to refund my nearly $500 for the appraisal which I told them not to do in the first place. Bottom line is don't trust Patrick K. and don't trust Acopia as a whole. It seems that they will make whatever empty promises they need to in order to rope you into a loan. They are a mortgage company that sells off 99% of the loans they bring in (which basically means they make enough money on the front end of the loan that they can then take their cut and sell it off to someone else). Look elsewhere for a mortgage company with integrity.

george ibanez
March 8th, 2018 DETAILS

I was a victim of Hurricane IRMA and my insurance company wrote the check to Acopia after 2 months of waiting to get paid. It has been 6 months since the Hurricane and I have still not received all my money from Acopia to fix my home. They have to be the worst servicing company that I have ever delt with in my life. They are incredibly disorganized, and they show no compassion for their clients affected by the hurricane. They make you go through hoops to release a penny of MY OWN money, and the contractors are not getting paid on time. the Federal government should get involved and deal with companies like this that abuse natural disasters victims.

Rachel L
June 5th, 2017 Casselberry, FL

I used Acopia last year to secure an FHA loan to purchase my house. Unlike some of the reviews below, I actually sought out at least 10 lenders that were vying for my business. At the end of the day, Acopia gave me the best rate AND the best customer service. They were all friendly and made sure to explain everything as we navigated through the process. I can't remember the name of the woman that mostly helped me but she was amazing and called me back within hours and many times within minutes. The same with emails. I knew that if I called my person, she would get in contact with me by at most next day depending on the time of day I called. The house that I purchase was a foreclosed home that required a closing within 30 days. Acopia was spot on and my loan process was thorough, complete and my closing happened on time as scheduled without a hitch. Now with all the above being said, the loan process in itself no matter who you go with is a grueling one but you need to go into it expecting that. Since closing on my load, I have referred my sister to Acopia and she closed on her house with them with the same experience. I will continue to refer any one I know needing their products as I myself will if and when the time comes. This company operates more like a family and I love that. Your treated as a friend of the family and not just a customer. As individuals, you should do you due diligence and shop around and get a couple other lenders in the mix to compare your options and then make your decision. I found Acopia to have the best transparency in their practices which speaks largely to great integrity which is why I ultimately went with them.

James Rank
June 2nd, 2017

Excellent customer service and care by Jennifer and Sam in the Fayetville NC office

Grace
July 1st, 2016 Hollywood, FL

Against our better judgement, we used Acopia based on the fact that they were the sole recommendation of the realtor we were working with. In the beginning everything seemed fine, straightforward and trustworthy. However, by the end of the process Acopia could not have been less professional. The local office we were working with ignored our calls and gave us the run-around for a week straight. We had to do all of the leg-work ourselves and information of any kind was only received by us calling,e-mailing, and hounding them! Getting any news or updates from them was extremely rare and on the off-chance that we did hear from them it meant bad news and more problems. The day before we were supposed to close they requested a W-2 from 2014...which I had already given to them (a bad sign).This leads me to believe they had not even finished the loan process. We also drove an hour back and forth to get a single sheet of paper to the HOA office, per the assistant's guidance, so that we could close the next day. By the end of the next day, closing day, the manager and his assistant called me and said that they had unlocked our rate (without our consent!) and that we had two options: take a higher rate, or pay points. When they wouldn't let me speak I told them I needed that information in writing. The manager proceeded to tell me to "be respectful" when I had to raise my voice because he was talking over me. I think they forgot who the clients are...I also never did receive that information via e-mail...probably because it was unethical? We ended up closing about a week late...thank goodness it happened at all - no thanks to the team at Acopia.

Luis Santiago
June 13th, 2016 Nashville, TN

This is for the division company Accurate Mortgage. I applied for a home loan on 5/17. Got thru the pre qualification stage. Next step was the pre approval stage. Got them all the documents they needed in a timely fashion. Didn't hear a word for days and after calling them several times was told waiting on underwriter. Frustration set in so we decided to get second opinion only to be told we did not qualify for a home. Guess my point is if we didn't qualify the professional thing to do is notify your potential clients not leave them in the dark. I highly recommend you stay away from them they will damage your credit.

Chris Fox
July 20th, 2015 Miami, FL

I have to admit I bit their hook, Hook line and sinker. I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Boy was I wrong. My loan has been in thei underwriting department for 10 days.I still dont have answer 07/17/2015 at 5pm . I call the loan officer and all I get is the run around. I think they are going to turn this place into a funeral since the loans go there to die. I can only say to anyone reading this review is look at all your options. If you need to close go somewhere else.