Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders.

Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

Acopia offers a wide selection of conforming (ARM, HELOC, condo), non-conforming, government (FHA, VA, USDA), and specialty products, including no money down and no PMI options for qualifying borrowers. The company's Honoring Our Heroes Program gives back to veterans, active military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMS, and teachers at closing.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.3
#3 Wells Fargo chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

Emolyn Ricks

January 16th, 2020 Bishop, GA

Excellent customer service, always going the extra mile to help!

Jan 16, 2020

Thanks Emolyn, we are so pleased to help!

Laura J Kirkpatrick

January 9th, 2020 Attalla, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

People the was friendly they help me with everything was great work with Dick E

Jan 10, 2020

Thank you, Laura, we're so happy to have been able to help you!

Chuck Ward

January 9th, 2020 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stephen and his team are one of the most professional companies I have ever worked with. The attention to detail and dedication they provided our loan was very impressive. I will continue to use Acopia and Stephen for my future needs and recommend them to anyone in need of a home loan.

Jan 10, 2020

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation, Chuck! It was our pleasure working with you - thank you for choosing Acopia.

Alan

December 31st, 2019 Hendersonville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the second time we have used Acopia. First time was the purchase Of our house and this time was a refinance. Both times they were great. Very friendly and helpful through the whole process.

Jan 07, 2020

Thanks, Alan, for the kind review. We certainly appreciate you!

Unknown

December 31st, 2019 Kissimmee, FL

I am a first time buyer at a very young age and I have to say this was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. The communication between the staff I worked with was unclear and very unorganized! I received unprofessional angry text messages from the staff. At times I felt it was because of my race and age on why I was being treated so poorly. I would often cry because if I would have backed out of the deal I would have lost everything. I would have recommended this company if I had worked with someone else but because of my first time experience, which will be my last, I wouldn't recommend Acopia to anyone.

Jan 07, 2020

Good afternoon, we are very distressed to read your review. We love first time buyers and would never like to think that anyone on our team would treat a borrower (or anyone) in such a way. That is not in line with our culture or the level of customer service we strive to consistently deliver. Would you be willing to contact us directly so we can learn from your perspective and your experience with the loan process? Please call (615) 543-2581.

Michael Shaun Brock

December 31st, 2019

The process was extremely simple and quick. The over all experience was pleasant. Very professional and friendly service. Will use again!

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Michael! We're glad to have been able to help and so pleased that you've selected Acopia as your lender of choice!

Margaret Decker

December 31st, 2019 Alpharetta, GA

I could not be in my new home if it wasn’t for Sonja B who worked diligently to secure my loan in a very short period of time. She is so personable and a super loan officer. I will recommend Acopia Home Loans to family and friends for the outstanding professional service I received. Regards, Margaret Decker

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Margaret! We're so glad Sonja took such great care of you. We really appreciate your review and recommendation - welcome home!

Kaytlin

December 31st, 2019 Douglasville, GA

Tina was awesome. She helped me understand everything with my first time home buying experience!

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Kaytlin! (and we agree, Tina is terrific.) Welcome home! :)

Urias Barchue

December 31st, 2019 Lithonia, GA

I had wonderful experience with Acopia. The home buying process was fast. And also the workers were friendly and knowledgeable.

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Urias! We're so glad to have been able to help and appreciate your trust in us as your lender.

Douglas Washington

December 31st, 2019 Owens Cross Roads, AL

Mrs Nicole H was a tremendous help. Do everything you can not to lose her.

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Douglas! We agree, Nicole is the best! :)

Migdalia

December 31st, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

How friendly the employees are Christina was exceptional she give you so many choices of trying to find you the best deal and I recommended it to my employees

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Migdalia, for your review and recommendation!

Cassandra Stubbs

December 31st, 2019 Covington, GA

The experience throughout the entire process made me feel awesome and also Lisa D was very accommodating, as a 1st time home buyer, I asked several questions and she very informed and was able to successfully answers all of the mortgage lender..... THIS TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP KNOTCH

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you, Cassandra, for your kind words - we really appreciate your review and thank you for choosing Acopia to be your lender. Welcome home!

Plad

December 31st, 2019 Villa Rica, GA

Mark was the best always made himself available for any questions I had. Vickie was great to work with also she helped me with documents that were hard to get being a truck driver out on the road. I was totally impressed with their attention and care for my needs in this process

Jan 07, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Plad! We're very happy Mark and Vickie were able to take good care of you - thank you for choosing Acopia.

Tammie Mabe

December 18th, 2019 Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Great! Loan officer was on top of everything!!!

Dec 26, 2019

Thank you, Tammie, we appreciate your review!

Mary Kentos

December 16th, 2019 Dawsonville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All people work together in an efficient manner. Information sent for signature is timely and easy to complete. Friendly and respectful in all correspondence whether personal or written.

Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for your kind words, Mary. It was our pleasure to help you!

Dereck Looney

December 16th, 2019 Bogart, GA

This was my first time buying a home but Billy at Acopia made the transaction almost seamless! He crossed all his Ts and dotted all his Is there for there was no unforeseen surprises. I am currently sitting in the bedroom of my new home thanks to Billy and the team at Acopia, along with 5 market realty.

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks, Dereck, we think Billy is great, too! Thanks for choosing Acopia to be your lender, and... welcome home! :)

Andrea Danelle Mahan

December 16th, 2019 Hendersonville, TN

They were/are personable and were able to tailor my experience to me!

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for your review, Andrea! We were so happy to help!

Melissa Little

December 6th, 2019 Roswell, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was extremely smooth and easy. Communication was great and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Dec 16, 2019

Thanks Melissa, we were so happy to help and really appreciate your kind review.

Sharon Toweh

December 6th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA

Jeffrey is one is a million loan officer he made everything so easy and Vicki she is a God's sent . Working with them make refinancing a piece of vanilla cake for me.

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you, Sharon! We're so glad they took good care of you; we love happy clients even more than cake! :)

Renita B

December 6th, 2019 Greenville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was an Amazing process working with Acopia Home Loans. Everyone we worked with from Bruce, Lauren and Calli were WONDERFUL! I HIGHLY recommend using Acopia Home Loans when purchasing your New Home. They make you feel Right at Home.

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you, Renita! We really appreciate your review and are so glad to have been able to assist! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your preferred lender.

Tony Motes

December 6th, 2019 Monroe, GA

I highly recommend Acopia Home Loans. Everyone there was very nice, helpful, and professional.

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you, Tony, for your kind words. It was our pleasure!

Aaron Fu

November 8th, 2019 Clemson, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people are nice to answer question for a total newbie.

Nov 08, 2019

Thank you, Aaron, it was our pleasure to assist!

JG

October 15th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kurt M was a pleasure to deal with. Fast acting and very experienced.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, JG, we're so glad Kurt was able to assist! Congrats!

Jesse Levangie

October 15th, 2019 Port Charlotte, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought my original loan and refinanced with Acopia. Both times it was the easiest process. Whitney H was attentive and it really seemed like he cared about me getting the best deal possible.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, Jesse! (Whitney is great) Thanks so much for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Carlos Rodriguez

October 15th, 2019 Dacula, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was perfect. We received the information in a timely manner. Carlos M was a great support and always was ahead of every step of the process.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, Carlos! We appreciate your review and are so glad we could help you.

Samara

September 30th, 2019 Harrisburg, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Acopia twice first to purchase and then to refinance our home. Both experiences were great. Kelly and her team have always been nothing but helpful. Would highly recommend her and Acopia.

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you, Samara, it's been our pleasure. We appreciate the great review and for choosing Acopia as your lender of choice!

Bobbie Randle

September 26th, 2019 Austell, GA

My process with done with such ease. The staff was awesome and held my hand every step of the way, since this my first home purchase.

Sep 27, 2019

Thanks Bobbie, it was our pleasure!

James Edward Cheeks Jr

September 25th, 2019 Simpsonville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The team was very profession and answered all my questions.

Sep 25, 2019

Thanks James, it was our pleasure!

Ken

September 23rd, 2019 Madison, GA

Our lender Eva was wonderful to work with and she guided us though the process with ease. She really felt like a family friend and always made herself available for questions or concerns. She even stepped up to bat for us when we had a small issue which she resolved quickly. Eva really made it a stress-free process for our first time buying a home and we would highly recommend her and Acopia to anyone else.

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you, Ken! We appreciate your review and are pleased to have been able to help you. Eva is terrific! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

lori cox

September 12th, 2019 La Center, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Acopia was great all the staff are very nice and always there to answer any questions you have. They go above and beyond and are very easy to work with I would recommend anyone looking for a home loan to use them.

Sep 12, 2019

Thanks, Lori, we appreciation your kind words and recommendation! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your mortgage lender.

Beau Knowles

September 12th, 2019 Sebastian, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chris V guided me through the whole process with ease.

Sep 12, 2019

Thank you for your 5-star review, Beau!

Jason Henley

September 11th, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Acopia Home Loans exceeded my expectations. Keeping me well informed every step of the way throughout my refinancing journey. The customer service was second to none.

Sep 11, 2019

Thank you, Jason! We appreciate your review and thank you for continuing to choose Acopia as your lender.

Katherine Fitzgerald

September 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Personnel work with you and make everything move along fast. You have great people working with your customers

Sep 11, 2019

Thanks Katherine, it was our pleasure!

Jennifer brummett

August 29th, 2019 Snellville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Found the agent in general conversation after we were already with a different company. Agent was able to get us a better interest rate of almost 1 whole point less. Professional, kept us well informed and walked with us every step of the way from start to finish!! Prompt response to all my questions and concerns! Would use them again most definitely!

Aug 29, 2019

Thank you, Jennifer! We really appreciate your 5-star review and recommendation! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Cindy Andrews

August 28th, 2019

Acopia staff are the best. They work with you and makes sure your getting the best that works for you. Friendly, courteous a phone call I never want to miss. Have your best interest at heart.

Aug 28, 2019

Thanks Cindy! We're so glad our team could help. Thank you for choosing Acopia for your lender!

Andrea

August 22nd, 2019 Freeport, FL

Kayla S was amazing. She was very helpful throughout a difficult closing.

Aug 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Andrea, and thanks for choosing Acopia! We're so glad Kayla was able to help!

Tiffany

August 22nd, 2019 Lula, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Doug M led Me through every step with direction and clarity. Professional, friendly, and honest. It was a pleasure working with him.

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks so much, Tiffany! The loan process can sometimes be daunting; so glad Doug was able to help. Thank you for choosing Acopia for your lending needs!

Maria

August 14th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Great service good team. I like how you guys work with us thank you so much great job Rick & all of your.thank you....

Aug 15, 2019

Thanks Maria! We appreciate your review - thank you for choosing Acopia for your home lender!

Eugen Bach

August 11th, 2019 Latta, SC

Sissy D and Lynne H were great! They went out of their way.

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you, Mr. Bach, we appreciate the review and opportunity to be your lender!

Jason

August 11th, 2019 Hope Mills, NC

They worked me to get credit score up to par for my home loan and was very patient with me

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks, Jason, so glad we could help your dream of home ownership come true! Thank you for choosing Acopia.

Stefan

August 11th, 2019 Wade, NC

Great customer service, never got frustrated with all of our questions.

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks Stefan! We are here to answer any and all borrower questions... thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender!

Chris Sticher

August 8th, 2019 Nacoochee, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worked with Jeff I and Brittany A and could not have imagined better service. They treated us like their only customer and gave us lightning fast answers at every turn. We were a pretty needy customer and they never let our many questions bother them. If anything they worked harder to get us what we need. I would trust this team with any and all mortgage needs! Thanks guys!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Chris ~ we appreciate your review and recommendation! Jeff and Brittany are a great team; we're so glad they were able to help you through the homebuying process. Thank you for choosing Acopia.

BRANDY SMITH

August 8th, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so happy that I worked with Acopia Home Loans. Allen K, Rya S, and Maria M went above and beyond to assist me with my new home purchase. And, their level of expertise, customer service, and friendly demeanor was amazing!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Brandy, we appreciate your review! We agree, Allen is great and has a terrific team! Thanks for choosing Acopia.

Danette Wilson

August 8th, 2019 Fyffe, AL

Awesome and very informative . They stay in touch throughout entire process.

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Danette ~ and, thanks for choosing Acopia for your lender!

R Dale

August 8th, 2019 Paducah, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The loan officer/agent that assisted me was very helpful and informative. He kept me up to date on every step in the loan process. He was always available and eager to answer any questions I had, no matter how trivial or in depth they may have been.

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you Mr. Dale, we appreciate your review! We believe there are no trivial questions... the homebuying process can be very complicated! Thank you for choosing Acopia.

Martha Webb

August 8th, 2019 Villa Rica, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I relocated last year for a job and had been searching for a house since 2018. After 6 months of trying I finally got to the final week of closing just to be told that I wasn’t able to close due to an error with the appraisal. I was recasted and unfortunately running out of options. Instead of moving furniture into my soon to be home, I was forced to lease for a year. 7 months later, my realtor reached back out to start the search again. I started doing some research on my financial options and came across Acopia. I reached out to Bill Decker and explained to him my recent circumstances and he assured me that he would do his very best to get me the home of my dreams. He was very knowledgeable, understanding, patient and willing to go above and beyond for me...especially since I had a bad experience from another agency. He provided me with up to date information and was extremely proficient at ensuring I didn’t worry about anything...did I fail to mention that he was able to secure me an excellent interest rate?! He and his team worked tirelessly during my home buying process to ensure that I closed timely. As of today, I am writing this review from the comfort of my new home!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Martha! It was our pleasure to guide you through the homebuying process. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Jordan

July 29th, 2019 Charlotte, NC

The people and service at Acopia Home Loans were excellent. I had no issues at all when dealing with them. The people were nice and well informed. The process was simple and easy. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you Jordan, it was our pleasure to serve you! We appreciate your recommendation and trust in Acopia as your lender.

Donald Hilse

July 29th, 2019 Monroe, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience was simple and easy. Thanks!

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks Donald, it was our pleasure!

Jay Maloney

July 29th, 2019 Bessemer City, NC

Awesome friendly staff go above and beyond to help their customer always available for phone calls to answer any questions about loan can't say enough bout Mr C very kind hearted and down to earth

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you, Jay - we certainly appreciate you choosing Acopia as your lender!

Wade

July 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Craig at Acopia is fast, efficient and above all else trustworthy. He played market perfectly and got me locked in at the bottom. I highly recommend Acopia Home Loans.

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you, Wade - we agree, Craig is terrific! Thank you for your recommendation and thank you for choosing Acopia.