Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.3
#3 Wells Fargo chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

Aaron Fu
November 8th, 2019 Clemson, SC DETAILS

The people are nice to answer question for a total newbie.

Nov 08, 2019

Thank you, Aaron, it was our pleasure to assist!

JG
October 15th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

Kurt M was a pleasure to deal with. Fast acting and very experienced.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, JG, we're so glad Kurt was able to assist! Congrats!

Jesse Levangie
October 15th, 2019 Port Charlotte, FL DETAILS

I bought my original loan and refinanced with Acopia. Both times it was the easiest process. Whitney H was attentive and it really seemed like he cared about me getting the best deal possible.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, Jesse! (Whitney is great) Thanks so much for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Carlos Rodriguez
October 15th, 2019 Dacula, GA DETAILS

Everything was perfect. We received the information in a timely manner. Carlos M was a great support and always was ahead of every step of the process.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, Carlos! We appreciate your review and are so glad we could help you.

Samara
September 30th, 2019 Harrisburg, NC DETAILS

We have used Acopia twice first to purchase and then to refinance our home. Both experiences were great. Kelly and her team have always been nothing but helpful. Would highly recommend her and Acopia.

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you, Samara, it's been our pleasure. We appreciate the great review and for choosing Acopia as your lender of choice!

Bobbie Randle
September 26th, 2019 Austell, GA

My process with done with such ease. The staff was awesome and held my hand every step of the way, since this my first home purchase.

Sep 27, 2019

Thanks Bobbie, it was our pleasure!

James Edward Cheeks Jr
September 25th, 2019 Simpsonville, SC DETAILS

The team was very profession and answered all my questions.

Sep 25, 2019

Thanks James, it was our pleasure!

Ken
September 23rd, 2019 Madison, GA

Our lender Eva was wonderful to work with and she guided us though the process with ease. She really felt like a family friend and always made herself available for questions or concerns. She even stepped up to bat for us when we had a small issue which she resolved quickly. Eva really made it a stress-free process for our first time buying a home and we would highly recommend her and Acopia to anyone else.

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you, Ken! We appreciate your review and are pleased to have been able to help you. Eva is terrific! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

lori cox
September 12th, 2019 La Center, KY DETAILS

My experience with Acopia was great all the staff are very nice and always there to answer any questions you have. They go above and beyond and are very easy to work with I would recommend anyone looking for a home loan to use them.

Sep 12, 2019

Thanks, Lori, we appreciation your kind words and recommendation! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your mortgage lender.

Beau Knowles
September 12th, 2019 Sebastian, FL DETAILS

Chris V guided me through the whole process with ease.

Sep 12, 2019

Thank you for your 5-star review, Beau!

Jason Henley
September 11th, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

Acopia Home Loans exceeded my expectations. Keeping me well informed every step of the way throughout my refinancing journey. The customer service was second to none.

Sep 11, 2019

Thank you, Jason! We appreciate your review and thank you for continuing to choose Acopia as your lender.

Katherine Fitzgerald
September 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Personnel work with you and make everything move along fast. You have great people working with your customers

Sep 11, 2019

Thanks Katherine, it was our pleasure!

Jennifer brummett
August 29th, 2019 Snellville, GA DETAILS

Found the agent in general conversation after we were already with a different company. Agent was able to get us a better interest rate of almost 1 whole point less. Professional, kept us well informed and walked with us every step of the way from start to finish!! Prompt response to all my questions and concerns! Would use them again most definitely!

Aug 29, 2019

Thank you, Jennifer! We really appreciate your 5-star review and recommendation! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Cindy Andrews
August 28th, 2019

Acopia staff are the best. They work with you and makes sure your getting the best that works for you. Friendly, courteous a phone call I never want to miss. Have your best interest at heart.

Aug 28, 2019

Thanks Cindy! We're so glad our team could help. Thank you for choosing Acopia for your lender!

Andrea
August 22nd, 2019 Freeport, FL

Kayla S was amazing. She was very helpful throughout a difficult closing.

Aug 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Andrea, and thanks for choosing Acopia! We're so glad Kayla was able to help!

Tiffany
August 22nd, 2019 Lula, GA DETAILS

Doug M led Me through every step with direction and clarity. Professional, friendly, and honest. It was a pleasure working with him.

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks so much, Tiffany! The loan process can sometimes be daunting; so glad Doug was able to help. Thank you for choosing Acopia for your lending needs!

Maria
August 14th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Great service good team. I like how you guys work with us thank you so much great job Rick & all of your.thank you....

Aug 15, 2019

Thanks Maria! We appreciate your review - thank you for choosing Acopia for your home lender!

Eugen Bach
August 11th, 2019 Latta, SC

Sissy D and Lynne H were great! They went out of their way.

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you, Mr. Bach, we appreciate the review and opportunity to be your lender!

Jason
August 11th, 2019 Hope Mills, NC

They worked me to get credit score up to par for my home loan and was very patient with me

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks, Jason, so glad we could help your dream of home ownership come true! Thank you for choosing Acopia.

Stefan
August 11th, 2019 Wade, NC

Great customer service, never got frustrated with all of our questions.

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks Stefan! We are here to answer any and all borrower questions... thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender!

Chris Sticher
August 8th, 2019 Nacoochee, GA DETAILS

Worked with Jeff I and Brittany A and could not have imagined better service. They treated us like their only customer and gave us lightning fast answers at every turn. We were a pretty needy customer and they never let our many questions bother them. If anything they worked harder to get us what we need. I would trust this team with any and all mortgage needs! Thanks guys!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Chris ~ we appreciate your review and recommendation! Jeff and Brittany are a great team; we're so glad they were able to help you through the homebuying process. Thank you for choosing Acopia.

BRANDY SMITH
August 8th, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS

I am so happy that I worked with Acopia Home Loans. Allen K, Rya S, and Maria M went above and beyond to assist me with my new home purchase. And, their level of expertise, customer service, and friendly demeanor was amazing!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Brandy, we appreciate your review! We agree, Allen is great and has a terrific team! Thanks for choosing Acopia.

Danette Wilson
August 8th, 2019 Fyffe, AL

Awesome and very informative . They stay in touch throughout entire process.

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Danette ~ and, thanks for choosing Acopia for your lender!

R Dale
August 8th, 2019 Paducah, KY DETAILS

The loan officer/agent that assisted me was very helpful and informative. He kept me up to date on every step in the loan process. He was always available and eager to answer any questions I had, no matter how trivial or in depth they may have been.

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you Mr. Dale, we appreciate your review! We believe there are no trivial questions... the homebuying process can be very complicated! Thank you for choosing Acopia.

Martha Webb
August 8th, 2019 Villa Rica, GA DETAILS

I relocated last year for a job and had been searching for a house since 2018. After 6 months of trying I finally got to the final week of closing just to be told that I wasn’t able to close due to an error with the appraisal. I was recasted and unfortunately running out of options. Instead of moving furniture into my soon to be home, I was forced to lease for a year. 7 months later, my realtor reached back out to start the search again. I started doing some research on my financial options and came across Acopia. I reached out to Bill Decker and explained to him my recent circumstances and he assured me that he would do his very best to get me the home of my dreams. He was very knowledgeable, understanding, patient and willing to go above and beyond for me...especially since I had a bad experience from another agency. He provided me with up to date information and was extremely proficient at ensuring I didn’t worry about anything...did I fail to mention that he was able to secure me an excellent interest rate?! He and his team worked tirelessly during my home buying process to ensure that I closed timely. As of today, I am writing this review from the comfort of my new home!

Aug 08, 2019

Thank you, Martha! It was our pleasure to guide you through the homebuying process. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Jordan
July 29th, 2019 Charlotte, NC

The people and service at Acopia Home Loans were excellent. I had no issues at all when dealing with them. The people were nice and well informed. The process was simple and easy. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you Jordan, it was our pleasure to serve you! We appreciate your recommendation and trust in Acopia as your lender.

Donald Hilse
July 29th, 2019 Monroe, NC DETAILS

Our experience was simple and easy. Thanks!

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks Donald, it was our pleasure!

Jay Maloney
July 29th, 2019 Bessemer City, NC

Awesome friendly staff go above and beyond to help their customer always available for phone calls to answer any questions about loan can't say enough bout Mr C very kind hearted and down to earth

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you, Jay - we certainly appreciate you choosing Acopia as your lender!

Wade
July 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Craig at Acopia is fast, efficient and above all else trustworthy. He played market perfectly and got me locked in at the bottom. I highly recommend Acopia Home Loans.

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you, Wade - we agree, Craig is terrific! Thank you for your recommendation and thank you for choosing Acopia.

A.A
July 29th, 2019 Harrisburg, NC

Excellent experience! Kelly was professional, timely and very informative!

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks A.A, we think Kelly is great, too! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender.

Candace
July 29th, 2019 Flowery Branch, GA

Easy nice personal always helpful went far above their duties

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you, Candace, it was a pleasure!

Unhappy seller
July 23rd, 2019 Lithonia, GA

I recently sold my home to a buyer who used Acopia Home Loans. Can I say it was the worst experience ever and left a particularly bad taste in my mouth. They were very disorganized. A closing that should take 30-45 days took about 60days. at one point they blamed the delay on underwriting because they knew they were so far behind. If you are a customer think seriously about using this company, the seller will walk and you will loose your earnest money. Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Jul 24, 2019

Hi, we're sorry to hear that you don't think the loan experience went well. We'd love to find out more about what may have happened. Can you give us your real name? You may also call us directly at (888) 859-5537, if that's easier.

HR
July 5th, 2019 Thompson's Station, TN DETAILS

Wonderful re-finance experience. Great staff, efficient and timely communications all along process. Tremendous savings, thank you Acopia!!!

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks for your review! It was our pleasure.

Marlene B.
July 5th, 2019 Hinsdale, IL DETAILS

Communicative, thorough, pleasant to deal with.

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks Marlene, we appreciate your review and the opportunity to work with you!

Chyrel Wohlgemuth
June 18th, 2019 Acworth, GA

If it were possible to rate this company more than 5 stars, I would. We are especially in awe of how hard Anna B worked to not only meet our closing date, but our loan was completed and ready almost a week ahead of time. All we had to wait for was the seller. For every issue Anna had a solution and a positive attitude. She and Kayla S make a perfect team.

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your review, Chyrel ~ Anna and Kayla are terrific! We appreciate your kind words and trust in us for your home loan needs!

Cree Mullen
June 17th, 2019 Nashville, TN

I worked with no fewer than 3 other lenders over a 6 month period. Jeff S was the only officer who patiently advised me of all my options, offered sound advice and helped to build a mortgage package that allowed me to secure the home of my desire.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for your review, Cree ~ we agree, Jeff is terrific! We know you have options; thank you for choosing Acopia to help with your home loan.

A Williams
June 17th, 2019 Gadsden, AL DETAILS

I worked mostly with Charlene E and she made the loan experience as seamless and comfortable as possible. Buying and selling at the same time is extremely stressful and Mrs. E became my only comfort zone by making everything very clear. She kept an open line of communication and I appreciated her for that. Everything was done very professionally and the process was smooth.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for choosing Acopia!

Mitzi Bradshaw
June 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great service from everyone involved....thanks for everything

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you, Mitzi ~ we appreciate your recommendation and thank you for choosing Acopia to be your home lender!

Max Crews
June 14th, 2019 Bainbridge, GA

Tina and her team at Acopia provided us with an excellent loan experience throughout the process. The best customer service I’ve experienced.

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you for your review, Max! It was our pleasure to assist you with your loan.

Craig
June 13th, 2019 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Tina always spot on and guides the process perfectly

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks Craig! We love Tina, too!

Gerard and Cheryl
June 7th, 2019 Sussex, NJ

Very prompt responses and very professional

Jun 07, 2019

Thank you Gerard and Cheryl, it was our pleasure!

SIMEON FRITH
May 22nd, 2019 Loganville, GA

The loan process for purchasing a home is very tiring and stressful, and they were very encouraging and professional during the whole process.

May 22, 2019

Thank you Simeon, it was our pleasure! We appreciate you placing your trust in us to be your lender.

Jon Vargas
May 22nd, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

Very organized, know their stuff, friendly, and very helpful all through the process.

May 22, 2019

Thanks so much for your review, Jon. It was our pleasure!

Shante T
May 17th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

I was referred to Acopia. Everything was going smooth at first. I was prequalified found a home put a offer. Went through with appraisal and inspection. Acopia was well aware of my urgency of needing to find a home as my landlord of the house I was renting was moving back to state and wanted occupancy of their home.1 week before closing During final underwriting the loan officer contacted me stating that I had a student loan on my credit report that was in default. The local Acopia office stated that this just showed up. Which was a complete lie. I believe Acopia carelessly overlooked my student loan as I have been out of school for over 10 years and was already in a payment plan. This ultimately caused my loan to be denied. This only left my family and myself 5 days to find another rental. I would not recommend this company to anyone

May 22, 2019

Hi Shanti, things can happen during the loan process that could affect your credit, both positively or adversely. We are looking into what may have changed in your case and will follow up with you privately to share what we find, as well as answer any other questions you may have about how to qualify for a loan.

Bradford Bragg
July 2nd, 2018 Acworth, GA

Do you not use this loan service company when purchasing your home! They are completely unprofessional and have now clue of what they are doing. I will make this clear that I did not use their services personally; yet, the buyer of our home did. They were not approved for their loan 2 days before closing (Denied). This affected my family as well as the sellers for the home we were purchasing. This happened in Acworth, GA. Patrick the loan officer was a friend of the purchasers and literally waited to send the loan request to the underwriter 5 days prior to closing (Who does that) having a knowledge the purchasers had issues with their financing. Patrick clearly tried to sneak things through the cracks. This in turn caused the purchaser to lose all of their earnest money and wasted all of our time. Again! I would not recommend this company and their shady/ sneaky staff Steer clear of “Patrick” because you will get your hopes up for disappointment

Aug 08, 2019

Mr. Bragg, we apologize for any inconvenience or distress that this loan experience may have caused you or your family. Many challenges can arise during the loan process and although we can't share any details with you about the borrower's situation, please rest assured that we always do everything possible to help each borrower get into the home of their dreams. As for your outcome, you were able to keep the earnest money, as that is what it's for, after all. Just in case something happens with the borrower's ability to obtain the loan ~ the seller is compensated for their trouble. But no, nobody truly wins when the loan doesn't close. That is why the entire Acopia team works very hard to try to help as many folks as possible obtain their dream of home ownership.

Neal Miller
March 13th, 2018 Buford, GA DETAILS

Bottom line, don't trust Acopia to do what they say or what is right by their customer. My experience with Acopia and Patrick K. (NMLS# 1534902) started out well. They were responsive and seemed to be good to deal with, but as we got further along, our payment changed and our money needed at closing changed. I was told that it was because our loan amount went up (minimally), but to verify, I priced things out with another mortgage company. I got lucky and found a exceptional deal through the new company but rather than jump on immediately, I wanted to verify their numbers before pulling the plug on Acopia. Well, our loan officer Patrick was really on us to get a credit card for our appraisal, so I reluctantly gave it to him but was up front and told him we had another company looking at the loan and we didn't want the appraisal done yet. He assured us it would take a week or more to get scheduled and completed so I reluctantly gave him the information. The above happened on a Friday night (after business hours actually). On Tuesday, I was pretty much given an ultimatum from Patrick (passed on through him from management) to continue with the loan or cut me loose. So I ran numbers until midnight and decided to go with my new loan company. I emailed Patrick the next morning and told him what my plans were and to not proceed with the loan or appraisal. Well, it turns out that the appraisal didn't take a week like we were told, it took a day. The very first business day after I gave up my CC information to try and get Patrick's boss off his back (and him off of mine), they did my appraisal and have now refused to refund my nearly $500 for the appraisal which I told them not to do in the first place. Bottom line is don't trust Patrick K. and don't trust Acopia as a whole. It seems that they will make whatever empty promises they need to in order to rope you into a loan. They are a mortgage company that sells off 99% of the loans they bring in (which basically means they make enough money on the front end of the loan that they can then take their cut and sell it off to someone else). Look elsewhere for a mortgage company with integrity.

george ibanez
March 8th, 2018 DETAILS

I was a victim of Hurricane IRMA and my insurance company wrote the check to Acopia after 2 months of waiting to get paid. It has been 6 months since the Hurricane and I have still not received all my money from Acopia to fix my home. They have to be the worst servicing company that I have ever delt with in my life. They are incredibly disorganized, and they show no compassion for their clients affected by the hurricane. They make you go through hoops to release a penny of MY OWN money, and the contractors are not getting paid on time. the Federal government should get involved and deal with companies like this that abuse natural disasters victims.

Rachel L
June 5th, 2017 Casselberry, FL

I used Acopia last year to secure an FHA loan to purchase my house. Unlike some of the reviews below, I actually sought out at least 10 lenders that were vying for my business. At the end of the day, Acopia gave me the best rate AND the best customer service. They were all friendly and made sure to explain everything as we navigated through the process. I can't remember the name of the woman that mostly helped me but she was amazing and called me back within hours and many times within minutes. The same with emails. I knew that if I called my person, she would get in contact with me by at most next day depending on the time of day I called. The house that I purchase was a foreclosed home that required a closing within 30 days. Acopia was spot on and my loan process was thorough, complete and my closing happened on time as scheduled without a hitch. Now with all the above being said, the loan process in itself no matter who you go with is a grueling one but you need to go into it expecting that. Since closing on my load, I have referred my sister to Acopia and she closed on her house with them with the same experience. I will continue to refer any one I know needing their products as I myself will if and when the time comes. This company operates more like a family and I love that. Your treated as a friend of the family and not just a customer. As individuals, you should do you due diligence and shop around and get a couple other lenders in the mix to compare your options and then make your decision. I found Acopia to have the best transparency in their practices which speaks largely to great integrity which is why I ultimately went with them.

James Rank
June 2nd, 2017

Excellent customer service and care by Jennifer and Sam in the Fayetville NC office

Grace
July 1st, 2016 Hollywood, FL

Against our better judgement, we used Acopia based on the fact that they were the sole recommendation of the realtor we were working with. In the beginning everything seemed fine, straightforward and trustworthy. However, by the end of the process Acopia could not have been less professional. The local office we were working with ignored our calls and gave us the run-around for a week straight. We had to do all of the leg-work ourselves and information of any kind was only received by us calling,e-mailing, and hounding them! Getting any news or updates from them was extremely rare and on the off-chance that we did hear from them it meant bad news and more problems. The day before we were supposed to close they requested a W-2 from 2014...which I had already given to them (a bad sign).This leads me to believe they had not even finished the loan process. We also drove an hour back and forth to get a single sheet of paper to the HOA office, per the assistant's guidance, so that we could close the next day. By the end of the next day, closing day, the manager and his assistant called me and said that they had unlocked our rate (without our consent!) and that we had two options: take a higher rate, or pay points. When they wouldn't let me speak I told them I needed that information in writing. The manager proceeded to tell me to "be respectful" when I had to raise my voice because he was talking over me. I think they forgot who the clients are...I also never did receive that information via e-mail...probably because it was unethical? We ended up closing about a week late...thank goodness it happened at all - no thanks to the team at Acopia.