Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders.

Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

Acopia offers a wide selection of conforming (ARM, HELOC, condo), non-conforming, government (FHA, VA, USDA), and specialty products, including no money down and no PMI options for qualifying borrowers. The company's Honoring Our Heroes Program gives back to veterans, active military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMS, and teachers at closing.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.2

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

Ty _ K

July 1st, 2020 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To be honest, the only thing I worried about the whole time was that it seemed to easy! Recommend.

Jul 01, 2020

Thanks for the recommendation, Ty - it was our pleasure!

hiren patel

July 1st, 2020 McDonough, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very professional and we got the closing done in time.

Jul 01, 2020

Thanks for the 5-star review, Hiren!

Eric Daily

June 30th, 2020 Foley, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ross S went above and beyond his duties as a VA loan officer, and got us the best rate available. The journey that we were on in selling/buying ended very well. The beginning quote was the end quote. Kudos to Ross. The interactions with him were over the phone and through email. I hope that one day we can actually meet each other. I'd like to shake his hand.

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you, Eric, we appreciate your kind review. We look forward to working with you again - and meeting you - one day as well.

Luis R. Lopez

June 30th, 2020 Hendersonville, TN

The team I had to work with was very friendly and professional

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you, Luis, we appreciate your review!

Sylvia Stephens

June 30th, 2020 Buford, GA

Bill D assisted me with my mortgage and he and his team did their very best to make the process go as smoothly as possible.

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you, Sylvia, we're so glad Bill and his team could assist!

Ed Marill

June 29th, 2020 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to deal with, professional staff, good communication, review and approval of loan process simple and effective.

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you, Ed, we appreciate your kind review!

VJ

June 24th, 2020 Fontana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Acopia team was AWESOME! They were friendly, accurate, prompt! They are the kind of team I would enjoy working for/with.

Jun 24, 2020

Thanks so much for your kind review, VJ! We look forward to working with you again. :)

Kyle

June 24th, 2020 Sebastian, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anthony and his team made sure i had everything needed for the loan process. They walked me through along the way and answered all my questions. There was not a stressful moment through any step of the loan process. There were no hidden figures either. I gave them a ballpark figure and they made it happen.

Jun 24, 2020

Terrific, Kyle, so glad we could help! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender and taking the time to leave this review. :)

Leslie Coons

June 24th, 2020 Monroe, GA

I have never had a mortgage goes so easy. Thank you so very much for all your help and quickness to reply.

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you for your review, Leslie - it was our pleasure! We look forward to working with you again.

Matt

June 22nd, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Great customer service and made the experience a breeze

Jun 23, 2020

Thanks Matt! It was our pleasure :)

ItsxBonez -Mount Olympus gaming

June 17th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were quick to help me and get me into my house.

Jun 18, 2020

It was our pleasure!

Geraldo Coelho

June 16th, 2020 Charlotte, NC

The team is well prepared and very active.

Jun 16, 2020

Thanks much, Geraldo - happy to help!

Eileen

June 16th, 2020 Cedar Rapids, IA

Lee and Callie were kind as well as professional. Timely communication and patience. What a pleasure to work with them!

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you, Eileen, we look forward to working with you again!

Marti Ham

June 16th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely amazing staff by your side through the whole process!! The professionalism and knowledge of this team was a tremendous help in us getting our new home! I would recommend them to family and friends.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for your kind review & recommendation, Marti! And, congratulations on that new home! :)

Marinel Erickson

June 16th, 2020 Chicago, IL

Seamless process, great support from all the staff, they guide you through the whole process and take into account all the deadlines that a home buyer needs to face, Tina, Loretta, Priscilla, huge shoutout to all of you for making people’s dream of home ownership come true.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Marinel! We love helping folks achieve their dreams of home ownership - congratulations and welcome home! :)

Omar Mercado

June 16th, 2020 Lakeland, FL

Acopia is the best! I received a great interest rate and the staff is very friendly!

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you, Omar - it was our pleasure!

Lynn Young

June 15th, 2020 Greenbrier, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Acopia is very professional while also being compassionate about their clients. They fight for you, cry with you and celebrate with you. They make themselves accountable and I respect that most of all. I would most definitely recommend them.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation, Lynn. We look forward to working with you again.

Mick tharp

June 15th, 2020 , FL

Dick was very nice. He did an exceptional job and kept me informed of any changes. Nothing negative company is great.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for the nice review, Mick!

Riley Hilderbrandt

June 15th, 2020 Winder, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pam and her team at Acopia were amazing! This was my first time purchasing a home and they were extremely helpful in answering all my questions and making the closing process as easy as possible!

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you Riley, we appreciate you - and, welcome home! :)

William Stephen

June 15th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL

James and his team were excellent, informative, and aggressive in getting our loan closed and approved. As a first time home buyer We went in nervous but, the people at Acopia know their stuff and prepare you for what the underwriter will need so I was able to have just about everything to them in the first shot. We even got to move closing up a week. James C got it done and followed through on everything staying true to his word. No hidden fees, no nonsense. James and his team are top notch and should be the first choice to go to when looking for a mortgage. Kept us informed, returned our calls with urgency, followed through on his/their commitments, what else could you ever ask for? Danielle and William Stephen

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you, Danielle and William! We certainly appreciate your recommendation and are so pleased James and his team took such good care of you. Congratulations on your new home!

Euresha Jennings

June 11th, 2020 Norcross, GA

They are great and work hard with people to get them in their homes. They are responsive, attentive and personable.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you, Euresha - we appreciate your review!

Chris Cull

June 11th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Acopia was amazing to work with. The staff was very helpful and went out of there way to work with me and help in any way I needed. They were very knowledgeable and hard working. I would recommend anyone looking to get a home loan.

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation, Chris - it was our pleasure!

JeffW

June 10th, 2020 Fruitland Park, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For our most recent home loan we used Acopia Home Loans. We were kept informed every step of the way. The entire process was smooth and stress-free. If you are looking to buy a new home, my wife and I would highly recommend that you contact Acopia Home Loans for your mortgage needs.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you, Jeff, we certainly appreciate your kind words and recommendation - it was our pleasure!

Hunter Allen

June 10th, 2020 Rock Hill, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loved how Greg and Calli took care of all of our needs. They kept us informed possible issues before they arose so we were never blind-sided. Extremely professional. I’ve already referred them to other veterans.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you Hunter, we certainly appreciate your review and referrals - but especially want to thank you for your service.

Alyn Sued

June 10th, 2020 Huntsville, AL

They are very professional and always there if you have any questions.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you, Alyn - it was our pleasure!

Jeff Rogers

June 9th, 2020 Buford, GA

Great expedited customer service and results

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you for the review, Jeff!

Zann Weinberg

June 9th, 2020 Hialeah, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Working with Acopia made the whole loan process easy to navigate... they led me through step by step and didn’t let anything slip by unnoticed. Thank you to Whitney H and his whole team!

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you, Zann - we appreciate your kind review!

Scott

June 9th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Patrick K was awesome from the beginning. He made the whole process as effortless as possible. His personality was a Great addition to the experience. He made me feel like family and was always there for me when I had questions or concerns. The whole team at Acopia were friendly and attentive to my needs. I’m more than pleased with my experience and if I ever need another loan I will be giving Patrick K a call.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you for all of your kind words, Scott! So glad Patrick took such great care of you :)

Broody Grider

June 9th, 2020 Jacksonville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mr. E was very personable. He stayed in touch and answered our questions.

Jun 10, 2020

Thank you, Broody, we appreciate your review!

Adam Muse

May 28th, 2020 Orlando, FL

Excellent company, fast process , professional employees

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you for the terrific review, Adam - so glad to help!

Mary Arnold

May 21st, 2020 Buford, GA

Tina and all her support made buying my dream home simple! She was patient and helped when I had any questions, concerns! Always prompt, kind and respectful!

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you, Mary - and congratulations on your new home!! We certainly appreciate your kind review. :)

Al Schmitzer

May 21st, 2020 Creekside, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Truly fantastic & amazing experience! Very professional yet very pleasant & friendly!

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you for your kind words, Al! It was our pleasure :)

Jennifer F.

May 15th, 2020 Louisville, KY

They made the home buying process so easy and were very professional and helpful!

Jun 02, 2020

Thanks so much, Jennifer! Glad to help... and welcome home! :)

Lindsey K

May 13th, 2020 Asheville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cameron L is a pleasure to work with. You can tell he really enjoys his job and also really enjoys helping people. He made me feel comfortable to ask questions and continues to help post refinancing.

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you, Lindsey - and yes, we think Cameron is terrific, too! We appreciate your review!

Rita Evans

May 13th, 2020 Lakeland, FL

Every member of this team is professional and knowledgeable! They did a great job in taking care of our home loan and always having answers to our questions. They even answered the phone when we called (which is rare these days)! Additionally, they flawlessly processed our loan during the uncertainty of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Highest recommendation to Acopia!

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation, Rita! We appreciate you choosing Acopia as your preferred lender!

todd darragh

May 13th, 2020 Greenwood, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shonna L made it very easy to refinance!

Jun 02, 2020

Thanks Todd, we're glad & so appreciate your review!

Madelynn Cruz

May 8th, 2020 Winter Park, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you Acopia, for helping us on the purchase of our new home. We were able to get a great rate and work with some amazing people. Chris, Mari and Shanna were awesome and made what is a long hard process seem seamless. Thanks again Acopia for being an awesome company. We would definitely recommend them to future customers.

May 11, 2020

Thank you, Madelynn, for your kind words and recommendation! We're glad Chris and his team took great care of you and we look forward to working with you again.

DT Hannah

May 8th, 2020 Conyers, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The team at Acopia is amazing. Allen, Maria and Wendy went above and beyond to make sure I learned and also had a seamless process.

May 11, 2020

Thanks DT! Allen's team is terrific - so glad he took great care of you!

Randy Blanchard

May 8th, 2020 Fort Mill, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The loan officers are outstanding, I can't compliment them enough for the help and professionalism. Kept me abreast and explained everything throughout the process

May 11, 2020

Thank you, Randy! We appreciate your review and are so glad you selected us to be your lender of choice.

Curt

May 8th, 2020 Marietta, GA

They did a great job – very professional!

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the kind review, Curt!

Ken Fraker

May 8th, 2020 Loganville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company to work with! Our loan advisor (Tana H) was very helpful and very knowledgeable with the refinancing process!! This is our second time to use Acopia. Will use them again and recommend Acopia to family & friends.

May 11, 2020

Thank you, Ken - Tana is terrific! We appreciate your kind review and recommendation!

Cierra

May 8th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Smooth, easy, personal - worth the Time.

May 11, 2020

Thank you Cierra - we appreciate you!

Phyllis Noble

May 8th, 2020 Myrtle Beach, SC

The professionalism of the people I worked with to secure my loan. They were also extremely helpful with any question I had during the process.

May 11, 2020

Thank you so much for your review, Phyllis - so pleased we could help!

Theron Thomas

May 8th, 2020 Huntsville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They kept in contact during the process.

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Theron!

Bridgett

May 8th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Sonja was great in helping us decidenwhich options were best for us

May 11, 2020

Thanks Bridgett, we appreciate your review!

Mike Rappa

May 8th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS

Everybody was very helpful and wonderful to work with

May 11, 2020

Thank you, Mike - happy to help!

Mario Vera

April 27th, 2020 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Acopia Home Loan team was very helpful. My experience with them was exceptional. They completed things quickly, communicated well, and had positive attitudes. I highly recommend them.

May 11, 2020

Thanks so much for the kind recommendation, Mario! So happy to help!

Cassey Stockman

April 24th, 2020 Abbeville, SC

I had the best experience with this company! Everyone was very helpful, they made the home buying process easy and were always available to answer any of my questions!

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the kind review, Cassey - we appreciate you!

Julie

April 24th, 2020 Concord, NC

I received excellent service from every team member. They were timely, efficient and accurate. All of my questions were answered completely and my problems were solved. What makes this experience even more outstanding was that it was started and completed during Covid19. I am very appreciative of all the work that Kin A and his team did for me, and I will not hesitate to use him in the future and recommend him to others.

May 11, 2020

Thank you for your recommendation and kind words, Julie! So glad Kin's team was able to help you during this time. We look forward to working with you again!

Shathan McCoy

April 24th, 2020 Norcross, GA

The company was great to work with. They made the home buying process super simple. Joey D and staff made sure all our needs were met.

May 11, 2020

Great to hear, Shathan! Thank you for your review and for trusting Acopia with your loan buying needs.