Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, Acopia Home Loans, offers mortgage loan services in 18 states across the country. Since 2007, Acopia Home Loans has issued over 40,000 loans, making the home owning dream a reality for many.

Acopia Home Loans is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders. The company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

Check out Acopia Home Loans reviews below to see what customers are saying about their experience.

#1 AmeriSave Mortgage chevron_right
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.2
#3 New American Funding chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Variety of Mortgage Options
  • Simple Loan Process
  • Honoring Our Heroes Program
  • Customer Reviews
  • Convenient Mobile App

Variety of Mortgage Options

Acopia Home Loans offers home buyerss everal types of home and refinancing loans, including—

• Conventional 15 and 30 year loan
  • FHA loan
  • Jumbo loan
  • USDA loan
  • VA loan

It should be noted that not every mortgage lender is an FHA approved lender, making Acopia Home Loans stand out from the competition. FHA loans help individuals secure a mortgage for as little as a 3% down payment, making it possible for those to qualify for a loan that typically would not be able to.

Honoring Our Heroes Program

Another unique factor about Acopia Home Loans is the company's Honoring Our Heroes Program. This program is designed to give back to veterans, active military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMS, and teachers through mortgage benefits. These benefits include—

• Lender credit up to 0.25% of your total loan amount
  • Home purchase or refinance (listed or FSBO)
  • No origination points

This special program is unique in the mortgage industry, if you qualify for the Honoring Our Heroes Program, talk to one of Acopia Home Loan's representatives to get more information.

Simple Loan Process

Acopia Home Loans strives to make the home buying and refinancing process as streamlined and clear as possible. Below outlines its easy mortgage process in just three steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it's complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia Home Loan's checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

Customer reviews highlight how straightforward and easy the loan application process it with Acopia Home Loan's accessible, digital portal and tools.

Customer Reviews

The Acopia Home Loans reviews on Best Company reflect a strong sense of customer satisfaction among current borrowers. From 200+ customer reviews, nearly 90% of those give Acopia Home Loans a five-star rating. A majority of the customer reviews highlight—

• Personable and reliable loan officers
  • Transparent and an easy to understand process
  • Quality products, rates, and overall service

If you want a Mortgage Lender that goes above and beyond for the homeowner, Acopia Home Loans is a great option.

Convenient Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia Home Loans is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 18 states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia.

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia Home Loans offers mortgage options for nearly any kind of home buyer— high income, medium income, low income, and even veteran home buyers will be able to find a loan option that is tailored to their circumstances.

What really sets Acopia Home Loans apart is its dedication to exceptional customer service. Between its helpful loan officers and mobile app, you can expect to have a smooth home loan process with Acopia Home Loans if you live in one of the 18 states that it is licensed in.

View Best Home Loans Companies

4.8

Gregg

January 22nd, 2021 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buying a new home can be stressful but Acopia made our mortgage experience super easy. They were friendly and professional throughout the process.

Arthur Rodney

January 22nd, 2021 Douglasville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jenny and her team made the home loan process seemless. The entire team kept me updated throughout the process. I would recommend Acopia to anyone looking to purchase or refinance their home. Thanks

Juan Jimenez

January 19th, 2021 Athens, GA

It was amazing. Made the whole process of buying a house so easy and fast

ELnJai Scurlock-Gabor

January 14th, 2021 Asheville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cameron & his team were top notch throughout the entire process. He was knowledgeable, informative, and made our home buying process as painless as possible. We highly recommend using Acopia for your home buying needs!

Corey

January 13th, 2021 Seneca, SC

Kin And his team worked hard with us from day one to find creative solutions and get us approved for a new home mortgage.

Cornelius A Goodin

December 31st, 2020 Ft. Pierce, FL

It was a very good experience. They were very professional. Very polite and made sure to me that this transition would go smoothly. They was always there to assist me on any information or questions I didn't understand. Acopia was amazing an I'm glad I've chose them to help me during this experience in business.

Hayden Lancaster

December 23rd, 2020 Sneads Ferry, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience overall, Kin was fantastic to deal with and made the process simple.

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you, Hayden, we're so pleased that Kin took such good care of you!

Christina Lamb

December 23rd, 2020 Storm Lake, IA

Was fantastic and friendly and fast staff. Very smooth process throughout and Jade was amazing.

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you Christina, we're so glad Jade took such good care of you!

Andrea Cupolo

December 23rd, 2020 Huntsville, AL

Nicole answered all of my questions and was quick to respond. The entire process was smooth and perfect

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you, Andrea, we appreciate your review and are so glad Nicole took such great care of you!

Alicia

December 18th, 2020 Cary, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Such a smooth and easy process! Kelly was amazing, always available for our questions and super helpful! I definitely recommend Acopia for any home financing needs!

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you, Alicia! We're so glad Kelly took great care of you. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to working with you again.

Darlene Fox

December 18th, 2020 Noblesville, IN

They were easy to work with and very responsive.

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you Darlene, we appreciate your kind words and review!

Morgan Zigelsky

December 17th, 2020 Lakewood, TN

Jeff S was very knowledgable and was able to explain everything to me in simple terms! I’m a first time home buyer so having Jeff explain everything is great detail was so helpful and calming during a stressful situation.

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you, Morgan, we're so happy Jeff was able to help you (we think he's terrific, too!). Congratulations on your new home!

Ebony McElrath

December 17th, 2020 ,

Really cares about the genuine connection with customers. Works very fast and communication is great.

Dec 28, 2020

Thank you Ebony, we really appreciate your review and look forward to working with you again.

Suataj Williams

December 8th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As before enjoy working with Kelly. She is super sweet and informative which is why I used her again.

Dec 09, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you again, Suataj! So glad Kelly took such good care of you.

Shailyn

December 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There was a small hiccup in the beginning with communication and not being offered the best deal from the get go but once I got to work with my original loan officer everything worked out well. Kurt is very nice, patient and professional.

Dec 09, 2020

Thank you Shailyn, we appreciate your review and are so pleased everything worked out for you.

Richard Howard

December 4th, 2020 Greensboro, NC

Everything, great experience!! Always available for questions, kept me informed through the whole process Special thanks to Bruce B and his whole team!!!

Dec 09, 2020

Thank you so much for your review, Richard. We appreciate you and are so glad you had a great experience!

jose torres

December 4th, 2020 Flowery Branch, GA

Great, no complaints whatsoever. They were professional and extremely helpful.

Dec 09, 2020

Thanks so much, Jose - it was our pleasure!

DWalker

December 3rd, 2020 Gaffney, SC

Bruce and his team were a pleasure to work with. They were professional, consistent, knowledgeable, and timely. We personally enjoyed using the app to handle our documents and loved the way it was set up. Bruce was able to help us secure our first home loan.

Dec 09, 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We're so pleased that you enjoyed using our app - and yeah, Bruce is pretty terrific. :)

Bertrude Andre

December 2nd, 2020 Stockbridge, GA

Leading me step by step through the process

Dec 09, 2020

Thanks Bertrude, it's our pleasure!

James Demkowski

December 2nd, 2020 Bremen, GA

Up to date information, agent keep us informed all through the process🤓

Dec 09, 2020

Thank you James, we appreciate your review!

Joseph Cramer

December 2nd, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Drained my account before even moving in with all of the inspections. Changed my loan type over without factoring in closing costs changing which costed any extra $1,000 or so out of my pocket. Gave wrong amount for cashiers check for attorneys fee. Had to pay for new cashiers check and take off work to get said cashier's check. Yes they got me in my home, but after I thought the nightmare was over the insurance called today and Acopia didn't send enough to cover my insurance for the full year, so now I guess that comes out of my pocket too. Absolute garbage. I wouldn't recommend at all!

Rinda Grooms

December 1st, 2020 Norcross, GA

I used Bill D for my initial home purchase and refinancing and was extremely satisfied with both services. I will definitely use Acopia and Bill D for any future endeavors!

Dec 02, 2020

Thanks so much, Rinda! We're so pleased that Bill took such good care of you and look forward to working with you again.

Michelle Dutton

December 1st, 2020 Hendersonville, TN

We only got the loan because of Jeff S's help from the Hendersonville location. His willingness to go over and beyond was amazing!!!

Dec 02, 2020

Thanks so much for your kind review, Michelle (we think Jeff is terrific, too)! Congratulations!

T Hasbrouck

November 24th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Craig B treats you like a friend. He is looking out for your best interest. From start to finish he explained it all.

Nov 25, 2020

Thanks so much, we're so pleased Craig took such good care of you.

George Freeman

November 24th, 2020 Palm Harbor, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast efficient and friendly service, top notch

Nov 25, 2020

Thanks so much, George, it was our pleasure.

Carl Hubbell

November 24th, 2020 Asheville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The team was very responsive and the closing was very smooth. I wood definitely recommend Acopia and ask for Cameron

Nov 25, 2020

Thank you so much for your recommendation, Carl - we enjoyed working with you!

Joshua G

November 24th, 2020 Loganville, GA

Seamless!!! So easy and quick! Communication is perfect!

Nov 24, 2020

Thank you Joshua! We were so happy to assist!

Tanya Staton

November 24th, 2020 Flowery Branch, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a mortgage processor myself it was simple and easy from start to finish. I wish my company has the system Acopia does.

Nov 24, 2020

Thanks so much for your review, Tanya! We're so glad you were pleased with the process!

Steven White

November 18th, 2020 Murfreesboro, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The team made this milestone in my life easy as possible.

Nov 23, 2020

It was our pleasure, Steven - congratulations!!

larry fintz

November 13th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY

My experience was awesome as a first time buyer Acopia made it so EASY and FAST to purchase a house I would definitely and have recommended Acopia to others

Nov 13, 2020

Thank you so much, Larry! We are grateful for your recommendations and look forward to working with you again.

Ann Aposaga

November 10th, 2020 Hermitage, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Acopia. They are professional and the are client oriented. I am truly thankful to them for helping me with my home mortgage.

Nov 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Ann - it was our pleasure!

Diane

October 2nd, 2020 Loganville, GA

Eva and Jennifer with Acopia were great! Wonderful experience getting our mortgage for our forever home through them.

Oct 08, 2020

Thanks so much, Diane, we appreciate your review! Congratulations!

Michelle SM.

September 23rd, 2020 Cedartown, GA

Tina, Loretta and Troy works great together. In the end they got the job done. My family and I are happy with the purchase of our new home.

Sep 29, 2020

Thanks so much, Michelle, and congratulations on your new home!

Cyprain Philip

September 22nd, 2020 Chicago, IL

Great staff and awesome service. Staff went above and beyond in securing my mortgage. I have recommended the to others and will continue to .

Sep 29, 2020

Thanks so much for your kind review and recommendations, Cyprian! We appreciate you and look forward to working with you again.

Shaun

August 29th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Best home buying experience I have ever had, staff was very friendly, informative, helpful and knowledgeable. They made the process smooth and easy!!!!

Sep 01, 2020

It was our pleasure, Shaun - thanks for the terrific review! :)

Stuart

August 26th, 2020 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kayla, her processors, management, underwriters all went overboard for us! We were not doing good with another company ( with some technical details and they didn’t want to help get the application straight) Kayla jumped right in and issues were straightened out and we closed on time , better rate and less cash was needed! Without Acopia We would have homeless!

Sep 01, 2020

Thank you for your review, Stuart! We are so glad Kayla and her team were able to work everything out for you. Congratulations & welcome home!

Greg Lewis

August 21st, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Great experience all around!! Very easy process. Would recommend this team to anyone!!

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks Greg, we truly appreciate your review & recommendation!

andrew wachter

August 21st, 2020 Asheville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fantastic experience working with Cameron L and his team in Asheville. They were always quick to respond and made this process as easy as possible for us first time homebuyers.

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks for your review, Andrew - that's terrific to hear! A big congratulations on your first home :)

Carl Schreck

August 21st, 2020 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience! Made sure closing was smooth and on time

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks Carl, it was our pleasure!

Bree D.

August 21st, 2020 Clermont, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the moment I contacted Allen K needing a pre approval letter for the purchase of my new home, I knew I had made the right decision. Both he and his assistant Maria were quick to respond, very knowledgeable, and efficient. This was the best mortgage experience I’ve ever had and he made what’s been agonizing in the past easy and pain free! I would without a doubt recommend him to anyone looking for a mortgage lender. He is phenomenal!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Wow, thank you for the glowing review and recommendation, Bree! (and we agree, Allen is terrific). Thank you for choosing Allen and Acopia to take care of your lending needs.

Nick

August 21st, 2020 Spring Hill, FL

Anthony G is the best mortgage broker on the east side of the Mississippi. Promote the man!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Wow, Nick! We're so pleased he took good care of you and will pass along your recommendation!

Jason Payton

August 17th, 2020 Athens, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We worked with Billy and his team and had a great experience. They were in touch regularly regarding the closing process and were timely in their processing of our loan. We would absolutely do business with Acopia again.

Aug 20, 2020

Thanks, Jason, we appreciate your trust in us and look forward to working with you again!

Brian Zollo

August 15th, 2020 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's been almost 30 years since we went through the home loan process. Christian and his team made the process very easy. Especially when everything is done online. The approval process was quick and we closed in 25 days. We were very happy with how they handled everything for us. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a home loan.

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you for the kind review & recommendation, Brian! We're so glad Christian & his team took such good care of you. Thank you for choosing Acopia.

JayRon

August 14th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Acopia Home Loans is a great company and a pleasure to work with. They were on top of everything that needed to get done during the loan process and helped me to understand everything and answered any an all questions I may have had.

Aug 20, 2020

Thanks so much for the kind words and 5-star review! It was absolutely our pleasure.

Joe Petrizzi

August 14th, 2020 Mableton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Personal attention, open lines of communication.

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you, Joe! It was our pleasure.

Dana Markowitz

August 11th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anthony went above and beyond to make the loan process seamless! He was patient, knowledgeable and kept me informed every step of the way. Thank you for getting me in the perfect home!!

Aug 20, 2020

Congratulations, Dana, and thank you for the terrific review! We're so glad Anthony took great care of you :)

Jerry Kaczmarek

August 11th, 2020 Gallatin, TN

Jade R our loan officer was fantastic and there every step. The underwriting process waited until literally the day before closing day to request important docs. Thankfully I work from home and was able to get the docs immediately but if I wasn’t, we most likely would’ve had to push our closing date back. I don’t understand that especially when the underwriters has our info for 3 weeks prior...

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you, Jerry, we're so glad Jade was able to take good care of you and get you to the closing table. We appreciate your feedback. Our support teams have been working especially hard during this time; we're so glad it all worked out.

S. P. Smith

August 11th, 2020 Miami, FL

Toby F was my loan officer and from start to finish provided excellent service. He made the effort to make sure I understood the process and my choices. I found him both professional and knowledgeable. The support staff was also accessible and timely.

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Mr. Smith! We're so pleased Toby and his team took good care of you.

Randall T Beaty

August 11th, 2020 Nashville, TN

Joanie was very understanding and considerate to the times we're living in and the struggles and roadblocks it brought along, concerning the pandemic. I couldn't have asked for a better person for the job

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you for your kind words, Randall. We're so glad Joanie could help and took good care of you.

Sarah Carreon

August 11th, 2020 Norcross, GA

The loan officer we used has done a fantastic job not only with our recent refinance but we used her for when we originally bought the house! Would 100% recommend Acopia!

Aug 20, 2020

Thanks for your kind review and recommendation, Sarah! We appreciate you and look forward to working with you again!