National Processing verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.1

Call Now

Opening its doors in 2007, National Processing is a merchant service provider that manages payment processing solutions for over 8,000 locations across the nation. National Processing’s mission is to build strong, trusting relationships with its customers. Additionally, the company promotes authenticity and seeks to carry out its mission with upfront pricing, service-oriented giving, and transparent business practices.

The Good

• National Processing Promises
  • Customer Care
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Competitive Rates
  • Charitable Giving

National Processing Promises

National Processing makes promises that are commonly ignored in the merchant accounts industry. First, the company commits itself to being transparent in its merchant processing relationships. Second, it promises that it won’t hold customers to an annual contract. Finally, it promises not to raise the rates originally provided to you. Above all, National Processing wants to be trusted by its customers; every promise made stems from its desire to fulfill this purpose. These are the types of promises that lead to glowing merchant services reviews.

Customer Care

It’s one thing to make promises of dedication to customers; it’s another thing entirely to actually keep those promises. The company’s excellent business practices demonstrate the authenticity that it promises. The comments on National Processing’s social media pages are largely very positive customer experiences. The simple fact that the company does not require its customers to sign a contract shows that it values dedication to customer satisfaction over its desire to turn a profit.

No Hidden Fees and Upfront Pricing

National Processing promises its customers that no hidden fees will be added to the end price. Additionally, customers can expect all fees to be shown upfront on the website before even contacting the company.

Competitive Rates

Potential customers of National Processing who are concerned about pricing must look at two separate pricing criteria: monthly fees and transaction fees. National Processing provides customers with some extremely competitive rates, meaning customers have the assurance that prices are among the best in the industry. The company charges a monthly fee of $9.95 for its services. Customers who want more information can simply visit National Processing’s “pricing” page, which lists the expected cost per $100 transaction. Transaction fees are uniform for online transactions, POS transactions, and mobile payments. The transaction costs are as follows:

• Online transactions: starting percentage of 0.20% plus $0.10 per transaction
  • POS transactions: starting percentage of 0.20% plus $0.10 per transaction
  • Mobile Transactions: starting percentage of 0.20% plus $0.10 per transaction

Charitable Giving

The company not only cares about its customers, but also about the community at large—10 percent of company profits are donated to charity. Its mission to create a relationship of trust with customers becomes more believable when one takes its charitable giving into account.

The Bad

Multiple Fees

Though the company is upfront with its fees, there do seem to be many of them. National Processing stands by its decision to be transparent and invites customers to compare its fees and prices to other companies in the industry. The following is a list of all fees the company charges:

• Interchange and Margins: 0.20% + $0.10
  • ACH Rejection Fee: $15.00 per instance
  • AVS Fee: $0.05 per transaction
  • Batch Fee: $0.10 per batch
  • PIN Debit Fees: No markup/pass-through at cost

The Bottom Line

National Processing has received overall positive online feedback from its customers; negative merchant services reviews usually comes from a company's lack of quality customer care, a problem that national processing does not have. Customers have found the company’s transparency promise to be authentic, its pricing to be fair and accurate, and its employees to be helpful. Though the company does seem to have several fees, it is upfront about them. If customers are still concerned with pricing, the company website offers a look at how much a payment processing customer might expect to pay per $100 processed. National Processing proves that it is a trusted merchant service provider by emphasizing its customers needs. We recommend customers consider choosing National Processing as a possible alternative to other top merchant services companies.

Call our recommended rep over at National Processing below.

Brian Weerts

February 22nd, 2018 Hayden, CO DETAILS

They have offered excellent service without having to go through a series of prompts. A real person answers the phone.

Jessica Peterson

February 21st, 2018 Rochester, MN DETAILS

We have been using National Processing's services since 2010. There website is easy to use and whenever I've needed customer service's help, they stay with me on the phone until the issue is resolve. Fantastic service!

Bella A

February 21st, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

This company is easy to work with! Very receptive to all my questions and the help desk is beyond helpful! The fees are cheaper than most processing companies, which as a business owner helps a whole lot. Overall, I recommend National Processing!!

TJ Hartman Feb. 7, 2018

Thank you for the review, Bella. We are delighted you went with us too!

Gary Freeman

February 21st, 2018 Mountain Home, ID DETAILS

We have been very happy with National Processing. We tried another processing company but they stuck us with higher fees for for things like charge backs & other items. We came back quickly and have enjoyed working with them ever since (as well as before!). There are lots of other companies that will promise you anything to get your business but National Processing has be upfront and honest with us.

Dana Verreras

February 21st, 2018 Paso Robles, CA DETAILS

I switched companies to save money and so far I have saved a little bit every month. It was a very easy transition and equipment is easy to use.

Colby Porter

February 21st, 2018 Boise, ID DETAILS

Porter and Porter Consulting has been using National Processing for the last 3 years. National Processing has always been there for us and provides the best customers service, and we here at Porter and Porter, highly recommend this processing company to anyone who is in need of great service and a way to process money.

NannetteVides

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

It's simple to use, customer service are excellent. Real people that help you when you encounter a problem or need to be walked through a process.

TJ Hartman Feb. 22, 2018

Having another person to talk to is always a richer experience. We will continue to provide you with excellent customer service!

KristaBrown

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Where do I start. It was absolutely horrible on so many levels. The machine charged my customers several times per customer per purchase and I was required to pay the difference out of pocket and wait several weeks to get reimbursed. When I couldn’t afford the charges being made to my customers and the bad repetition it was giving my company and tried to cancel. The company again over charged me cancelation fees, and tried to charge me for the processing machine that I had bought out. Then when settled kept harassing me for months saying I owed them. And had to keep proving I didn’t owe anything. Worst company ever.

TJ Hartman Feb. 22, 2018

We are sorry for the bad experience, Krista. How much were you charged for cancellation fees? We were trying to look up your account but could not find any details regarding you being overcharged or any details on the processing machines you had? If you could provide us the details of what happened at [email protected] we would love to help you and make this experience a positive one. Thanks!

Richard

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Transition was relatively smooth. Wished I had more info./support setting up account and getting monthly statements.

TJ Hartman Feb. 22, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Richard. At anytime you can email us at [email protected] or call at 1-800-720-3323 and we can provide more support on your account and details regarding the monthly statements!

Walt Fourney

February 16th, 2018 Norwood, CO DETAILS

Things tend to work,rates are reasonable, help is available if needed.

TJ Hartman Feb. 16, 2018

Our service team is dedicated to providing help whenever you need it!

Ramandeep Dhillon

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We had no MSE before, so when they called I took them up on it. It's a good service overall, though it's not the best.

Rauncie Kinnaird

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The service that we were using previously canceled on us, so we were looking for a better option and found them. We had some issues at the very beginning. We needed to get things up and running as soon as possible but they were great at helping us figure things out. The system is easy to use too.

Van Woodward

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

My nephew was involved with them and I like knowing who I'm dealing with you know. I like knowing who I can talk to personally if I want to get things done. He's not working there anymore, but I have a specific person that I talk to if I need anything. It's this person and people like him that keep me with National Processing. In general, customer service is good. If you have a problem, they'll take care of it. However, when it comes to being transparent, they are not that great. They sometimes add or change prices and things that they don't notify you about. If there's a problem, if you're not being compliant or something, they should call you and let you know those things.

Steve Billings

February 15th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS

A friend was marketing their services, so I thought I'd try it. Given the circumstances, I had to cancel my service. Still, while I had it they were very responsive with any of the calls that I placed. Their equipment also seemed to be the latest available.

Greg Martin

February 15th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

Since their rates seemed okay and it was recommended by someone to me, I decided to go with it. I had my own equipment, so I didn't really need to use theirs to be honest.

Kevin Marquez

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They had good rates, that's why we picked them. The system is kind of outdated though.

Joshua Andrews

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I never actually signed up for National Processing, but I was working with them. I found the concept of it and what it could do very compelling. I was working with a couple of companies that could've saved quite a bit of money with it.

Lorne Sheridan

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I was a member of Tranont, that's why I went with them. I didn't really use the software, but I thought they were pretty excellent.

Tim Bartylla

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I was with Tranont so I decided to go with them. They should reply faster to messages.

Brian

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Overall it's ok but there's always room for improvement.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A friend referred me to it, that's why I got it. They have been worst than any other software I've used though. I don't like them, there's a lot of things they should change about how they do things.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear that! What has been so bad about the software? Reach out to us at [email protected] and we will help you!

Varun Arora

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The pricing and their customer service where the main things that drew me in. So far customer service has been able to resolve any issues I had right away. I'd only suggest that they make their follow up calls a bit more timely.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

We appreciate the feedback Varun! We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and if you have any other suggestions let us know at [email protected] Thank you!

Bart Roylance

February 15th, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS

My boss was the one that decided to get it. Still, when we use the system we get fast results and when we call they give us the answers that we need very quickly.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

We will always get back to you as soon as we can to give you the results you want. Thanks, Bart!

Spencer Folkman

February 15th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS

A friend referred them to me. The system is a little slow lately and we would actually like to have better instructions for when we run into problems with it. Outside of that, we really haven't had to call them much.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

We can help you out Spencer. Our in-house service team is great with helping with these kind of issues. Call us at 1-800-720-3323 and we will walk you through it!

Ben Valdez

February 15th, 2018 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

It was referred to me through Tranont since we're part of it. The system is super user friendly, anybody can use it easily. It was a safe system and we were able to get payments quickly. It helped our business. They have been able to answer all the questions that we've had and responded to all of our concerns. The only time things were difficult was when we were trying to cancel the service. It took a long time before they responded to us in that matter. We're still having issues with that since they're still deducting a certain fee from our account.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

We are glad to provide you with our service. If you are still having issues please reach out to us at 1-800-720-3323 and let us know what more we can do to help!

Brian A

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Someone recommended it to me. The system just worked. Customer service's response time was the best, they did a good job.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate positive feedback!

Cheryl Bell

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I was referred to them. When I signed up I was supposed to get some kind of training on how to take payments and such, but I never received that. I never got the processing equipment and received no follow up from them either.

TJ Hartman Feb. 22, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you gave us over the phone. If there is ever anything else we can do to help out don't hesitate to reach out at [email protected]! Looking forward to our continued working relationship!

Craig Reeves

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The service seemed good and, with the pricing and the customized packages, it all sounded like a great thing to get. As far as I know, my customers are satisfied and have had no issues with the system. Customer service does its job well and takes care of everything immediately. They're just very friendly, knowledgeable, and pay attention to details. The job gets done in a timely manner and they resolve your problems.

TJ Hartman Feb. 15, 2018

Happy to be of service, Craig!

Chris Rivello

February 15th, 2018 Batavia, OH DETAILS

They offered the best rates, that's why I went with it. I feel like they've been pretty responsive so far, I haven't had any issue with them or the equipment so far.

TJ Hartman Feb. 16, 2018

Glad to hear about your positive experience with us so far, Chris! We will keep it up!

Blair

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it as a referral from someone I knew a while back. Usually I don't have any problems with the machine. It just works. Customer support always there if I ever need help and they'll answer my questions right away. I'm also always talking to a real person and not a machine.

D.M.

February 15th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I went with them since they had the best rates. They have always answered my questions and solved things every time I needed them.

TJ Hartman Feb. 16, 2018

We take pride in the rates we provide. Great to hear they have been of benefit to you!

Larry Eldreth

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We used to be a branch from another business and since we were going to become retailers we needed a way to take payments from our customers. That's why we went with National Processing. Once they helped me set everything up on our computer, it was super easy to process payments. I'm not really a computer person, but the process is fairly simple and easy to understand, it just works great. I haven't had to use customer support much since then, things have just gone very smoothly.

TJ Hartman Feb. 22, 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Sterling Fitzgerald

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They were highly recommended and since they are a local company I decided to go with them. Customer support is amazing, whenever I need them for anything they're happy to help. They're just good people to work with. I've never had any trouble with them.

February 15th, 2018 Springville, UT DETAILS

They have good rates and good customer service so far. They are quick and knowledgeable when they communicate with you. So far the app has worked out fine, it seems to have no problems and processed things as it should.

Darrell Morgan

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They had good reviews for their service and offered us the best rates. That's why we picked them. I ran into a little bit of an issue when I tried to add another machine. Deposits weren't being made to the account and things turned into a real mess. It took us a couple of weeks to figure everything out. Still, everything works really well. The business rep that helps us does an excellent job at handling any issues that comes up.

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The cost was what convinced me of going with them. The equipment works quickly. I haven't used the customer support a whole lot, but they seem good.

Hannah Pizzo

February 15th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I was starting a new business from scrap, so I needed a service like theirs. I actually liked their web portal thingy, it was just a little hard to understand sometimes. I actually ended up canceling after a bit and doing that took a while. I didn't really get any information about the cancellation process or anything. I was still getting billed for some things after I thought everything had been canceled.

Hanna Jones

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I used to have a different program that wasn't that great, so we switched and use this instead. The system is very easy to use. I think they're pretty great. Every time I call about anything, customer support always resolves things quickly.

Kathy Wiebe

February 15th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS

They were a much more economical option, so I went with them. The system is easy and they respond very quick when we call them. They're also very easy to talk to.

Ken Fraser

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A friend of mine was representing their company, so I switched to it. I had a lot of challenges, not necessarily with National Processing itself, but with their connecting gateway company. There are some software changes I'd like them to implement though. For instance, to check all your transactions and movements in your account, National Processing has two separate accounts that you have to look at to see everything. The other two programs that we use in our other businesses have everything under one account. Because of that difference, I stopped logging into the other account that came with my National Processing service. Still, I think they're pretty great.