National Processing

7.6

National Processing provides several payment processing services including the following:

• Credit card processor solutions
  • Electronic invoicing
  • Mobile payments processing
  • ACH processing
  • Check processing

Founded in 2007, National Processing services both large and small businesses across the United States. National Processing's service-oriented mission is to build strong, trusting relationships with merchants. Additionally, the company promotes authenticity and seeks to carry out its mission with upfront pricing, efficient payment processing services, and transparent business practices.

Continue reading our National Processing review or jump straight to National Processing reviews from business owners and other clients.

The Good

• National Processing Promises
  • Customer Service
  • Upfront Pricing
  • Lowest Price Guarantee

National Processing Promises

National Processing makes promises that are commonly ignored in the merchant account industry.

First, the merchant account provider commits itself to be transparent in all credit card processing relationships.

Second, it promises that it won't hold customers to an annual contract, meaning there is no early termination fee.

Finally, it promises not to raise the original rates provided to each merchant. The monthly fee and processing fees you pay at the start of your merchant account are what you will pay for the duration of your contract.

It’s one thing to make promises of dedication to customers; it’s another thing entirely to actually keep those promises. The company’s excellent business practices demonstrate the authenticity that it promises.

The majority of National Processing’s customer reviews reflect largely positive customer experiences. Not requiring customers to sign a contract shows the value of customer satisfaction over the desire to turn a profit.

Upfront Pricing

National Processing promises consumers that no hidden fees will be added to the final price of their credit card processing. Additionally, customers can expect all fees to be shown upfront on the website before even contacting the merchant accounts company. For example, the Membership Plans and transaction costs are as follows:

• Small to medium restaurant: $10/month (0.15% + $0.07)
  • Small to medium eCommerce: $10/month (0.30% + $0.15)
  • Small to medium retail: $10/month (0.20% + $0.10)
  • $200,000 or less: $59/month (0% + $0.09)
  • $200,000 or more: $199/month (0% + $0.05)

Customers who want more information can simply visit National Processing’s pricing page, which lists the expected cost per $100 transaction.

Lowest Price Guarantee

In addition to its competitive rates, National Processing offers a price guarantee: if it can't beat a competitor's rates, the company will pay you $500.

The Bad

Fees

Though the company is upfront with its fees, be aware that there are fees beyond the monthly membership.

National Processing charges the following fees for credit card and debit card transactions:

• Interchange
  • Assessment fees
  • National Processing margins

Transactions are also subject to additional fees from the company's processing solutions partners, such as Clover.

The Bottom Line

National Processing has received overall positive online feedback from its customers; negative merchant services reviews usually come from a company's lack of quality customer care, a problem that National Processing does not appear to have.

We recommend customers consider choosing National Processing's payment processing services as a possible alternative to less-affordable merchant services.

Read reviews below to hear from National Processing customers.

Call our recommended rep over at National Processing below.

Tyler Bird Orem, UT

I liked they were prompt in answering the phone.

Charles Markham Norwell, MA

Excellent service. They've always delivered on what was promised.

Reply from National Processing

We are happy you found us and are delighted with your satisfaction with our product!

Feb. 6th, 2018

John McGough Columbus, OH

Online ach and credit card processing at a reasoanable rate.

BRADEY SMITH Alpena, MI

Very impressed. Had an bad situation with a previous processor. Josh B. Got us up in running in 5 hrs, set us up with a virtual account to process via a tablet or any device until our machine was overnighted. By far the best I have dealt with. He even texted me during this rush process. Didn't have to spend nonsense time trying to speak to a rep, they were on point. Highly recommended! Thanks

Amara Packwood Leavenworth, KS

I worked with Josh B and he was able to quickly and accurately answer my questions both via phone and email. Very good experience, I would not hesitate to recommend him to another person looking for the same product.

Katie

You have terrible customer service. Whenever we have tried to refer potential clients over to you.... you never call them. You would think that you want to have as many great clients as possible but you guys suck.

Reply from National Processing

We are very sorry for this inconvenience, Katie. Which clients of yours never heard from us? We always strive to contact all referrals within the day we receive them. Let us know and we will reach out to them as quickly as possible! Thank you for the feedback.

Apr. 11th, 2018

Jackie

Support staff is always very responsive and professional.

Community Medical Center Gift Shop

National Processing has saved me more than 50% in monthly processing fees!!!

Asirvia Go Beacons Affiliate

Great service for the USA and Canada, they deliver

Laughing Gravy Entertainment Salt Lake City, UT

National Processing has always been easy to use!

Dana Ogden, UT

Said I would get gift cards. Didn't happen. Haven't paid out my buyout yet. Too hard to get ahold of.

Rich and Judy Brunson Salem, UT

I think it helps that we now personally know people who work there. At first not a lot of follow through but now everyone is super accomadating!

New Tranont associate Pine City, MN

Need better communication and follow up on potential accounts. Need to be more proactive and aggressive at closing deals

Jennifer Haines Oceanside, CA

Lowest merchant fees!! Even the CPA couldn't believe the difference in fees from former merchant processor to National Processing!

Blair Hershey Orem, UT

Great service and dependable. Speak to a real person and not a computer when you need help.

Diane

Never had any hassles: friendly customer service

Jen King Provo, UT

Easy to work with. Our sales rep has been very upfront and honest. Provided what was promised and resolves questions quickly.

David's Lawn Care LTD. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Very easy to use, you get your money deposited quickly in your account. We would recommend this company. Also they are trust worthy.

Gary Wichita, KS

Customer service not so good was promised much more than I received

Doris Warford Spring, TX

Quick response, answers questions, very helpful. Great rates.

Reply from National Processing

Thank you for the concise, positive review! We appreciate your feedback!

Mar. 14th, 2018

Centre de sant' Naturo Vivre Inc

Excellent service and very helpful, I would recommend them for sure

Cathy Torres Wichita, KS

National strives to be the best company with the lowest rates to keep your fees as low as possible without rate increases.

Colleen Praill

I found national processing very easy to use. It's very quick to get set up and quick to get into the program each time you want to use it. To make a claim he just simply take a picture and push submit and it's instantly done. Then two days later you have money in your bank account repaying what you spend. As an employer I found it also very easy and straightforward. I can print reports whenever I want and I can review and see how things are going. It'll send me a message if funds are running low. Overall from a user and an employer perspective I found them to be a great company to deal with.

The little classroom care Declo, ID

Whenever I have had a question or concern they are always willing to help me.

Total Cowboy Midway, UT

They have a great staff that helps you out!

Dr. Chris Ogden, UT

They have lots of fees and old machines, also have pci compliance fee that is basically just another way for them to get money each year. Go with the square for ease of use and next day money to your account.

Reply from National Processing

We apologize for this regrettable experience. Which account of yours was it that was charged the fees that were not in accordance with your expectations? We want to look into this to see what issues there were. Thank you for the feedback!

Brian Eagle Mountain, UT

I gave them multiple leads and maybe 1 of 3 closed. one had poor follow up, which lost trust...

Reply from National Processing

Which leads did you send in that were not closed? We looked and the ones we were able to find were listed as 'not interested'. Let us know and can look into this more. Who was the associate assisting you on the accounts? Thank you for the feedback, Brian!

Mar. 21st, 2018

Anonymous Saint Paul, MN

Customer service is bad. customer people wont help you out at all. I called multiple times and all i need is to cancel and the lady was so rude to me. caleed 3 times for the same reason.

Reply from National Processing

Customer service is very important to us and we are so sorry you had this unfortunate experience with ours. Which account was yours that you were having issues or needing assistance with? We want to look into this and help in any way we can! Let us know here or at !

Gretchen - Master's Touch Celina, TX

Fast processing - usually next day funds are in our account

Zocalo El Paso, TX

Efficiency, great costumer service, no issues.

ThomasRennie

Because of the short time waiting for a reply.

National Processing User

This company won't close my account. I have sent them the required notification and they still continue to automatically withdraw from my account. I sent an emal and they won't respond. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Reply from National Processing

We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. What is your account and we can look it up directly right now. Are you emailing with your inquiries? Let us know and we will get this resolved as quick as possible!

Wen JingHe

Staffs are professional, and helpful. Good Customer Service overall with reasonable pricing.

Reply from National Processing

We appreciate the positive feedback and will continue to provide you with great experiences! Thanks Wen!

TravisMcLaren

Charged without initialising the system.

Reply from National Processing

We are sorry for this experience. Which account was it that got charged without initializing? Let us know so we can figure out what happened and why. Thank you for the feedback!

KenSmith

The salesman was excellent. He was very responsive. Customer service was the opposite. We had never used a credit card terminal before nor individual credit card swipers. After signing up for the service, it took almost a month to receive any equipment. After the equipment arrived, there weren't any written instructions as to how to set it up and use it. All that was received was a welcome e-mail with a number of links to watch videos as to how to use the equipment. I had to spend several hours writing instructions for the staff here which should have been provided to us. Also, it was sometimes difficult to contact customer service. Sometimes i would call and the phone would go unanswered. If I called looking for the person I was working with, he always wasn't available. I would then leave a message for him but it appeared he would never receive it as there was no return phone call. The person tried hard to help but wouldn't always follow through on what he said he would do. He did take the time to walk me through over the phone on how to set up the equipment. However, after properly setting up the terminal, it still didn't work. It was determined that we had received the incorrect equipment. After receiving new equipment, we were still having issues with the terminal not working properly. We did receive new equipment yet for the third time. After not hearing from customer service for awhile, I contacted our sales rep through a dis-satisfactory e-mail and asked to cancel our service. Our sales rep., not wishing that, basically took over and did what customer service was supposed to do all along and walked me through the use of the terminal and swipers. He made sure there were no issues as we went along. Everything is fine as of now, but I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get to this point. I was disappointed that there wasn't any follow up response by the customer service manager after he was indirectly informed of my dissatisfaction. I did try to contact him, but he would always supposedly be in a meeting.

TeleenHartvigsen

they have worked well for us and lowered what we pay out

Reply from National Processing

Great to hear our competitive prices have benefitted you! Thanks, Teleen!

RichWren

It was explained to me before I signed on that it takes 2 to 2 1/2 days to transfer money to my account but once I was established that could be shortened to 1 day. after a number of months I called and requested someone to look into the time frame for transferring money to my account, never heard back. disappointed.

WilfredPlester

Terrible. I did one 650.00 transaction and was charged 85.00 at the end of the month. Next month I did no transactions and was charged 35.00. I can't afford this kind of nonsense.

Reply from National Processing

We are trying to look into why you were charged the amount. What was your account with us listed under? Let us know so we can help and see what happened, thank you!

Lori M Haury Bonanza, OR

They have been good to work with. I was surprised that they deducted money’s from my account before verifying what a customer said. I then had to show the proof to have the funds re-deposited. I am their customer and should have been asked for the proof first.

Jesse Huff Woodward, OK

I searched for the best rates among merchant payment processing services and I found National Processing to have the best that I could find. Josh Beutler was my sales executive and he was very helpful and friendly, which you don't always come across.

Reply from National Processing

Happy to hear about your positive experience with our rates and sales executive! Thanks for the feedback, Jesse!

akash

They give false statements to the clents

Reply from National Processing

Who was the client who received the false statements? We want to look into who did not receive the accurate information and reach out to them! Thank you for the feedback, Akash!

Not Happy

You don't do what you say. You give stats that you can do, and then when you realize that you can't do it you pass the buck to something else.

Reply from National Processing

We are very sorry to hear about this experience you had with us. What did we say we could do but did not fulfill? We would love an opportunity to make it better and help you. Reach out to us at and let us know, thanks!

Hot Diggity Dawg

great coverage on locations. We are a mobile food truck, travelling to many in town and out of town events. Anywhere you have cell service you have a reliable single, easy to use device. We have tried others previous to National and would rather just accept cash than to go through the headaches and lost revenue from any other competitors products and/or devices.

Reply from National Processing

Glad our products are able to help out with your mobile business!

Sign

I would not use them as they are constantly increase their rate.

Reply from National Processing

We are sorry for this experience. We strive to be transparent and honest with everything we do. Were you informed of why we were increasing your rates? We would love to look more into this to see what the issue was. Reach out to us at with the account you had with us! Thank you for the feedback!

HNL SERVICES AND MARKETING Modesto, CA

Fees too expensive, I am a small retailer and it seems that National Processing only has plans available for those processing more than $10,000 per month.

CANVAS Napa, CA

Too long of turnaround to get payments into my bank account. 1 to 2 days would be good. 3 and beyond a burden.

Donovan James Antiques Cayucos, CA

They promised very low fees instead they charged High fees till I call to complain and then they lowered them but they already charged me $200 2 months for 3 months and refused to refund it

Reply from National Processing

We looked up Donovan James Antiques in our system but could not find the account. Is it possible it is listed as Donovan Jame LLC? We want to get the information right and see why you were charged the amount. Any other information you feel would be good for us to know please email us at and we will look into this issue. Thank you for the feedback!

dave church Coeur d'Alene, ID

they are the best processer that I have dealt with easy to get a hold of and don't pass me along to someone else

Laurie ballard Eagle, ID

Terrible, clueless company. They spent 2months trying to make a card reader work that never had the capability to work with my pos provider

Reply from National Processing

We apologize for this unfortunate experience, Laurie. Reach out to us at [email protected] and we can look into providing another solution for you with your current POS provider. Thank you for the feedback!

Ick Sick Nation/ Mr. A'aron Coleman Aurora, CO

they terminated my account fro no reason at all and did not do the professional courtesy of informing me BEFORE they terminated it or allowing me to cure whatever deficiencies were existing

Reply from National Processing

We are sorry for this unpleasant experience. We always strive to open and transparent with everyone we work with, and that includes our account representatives. Who was your account representative? We want to look into why you never informed of this. Thank you Mr. Coleman!