Medical Guardian

verified

9.5

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

Medical Guardian Promotion

The Good

• Price
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.
  • Systems: Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.
  • Fall Detection: Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection standard except for the Mobile Guardian system.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.
  • The Freedom Guardian: Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:
    • Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
    • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
    • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
    • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
    • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
    • Touchscreen: The watch is touch screen and was built to be simple to use. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
    • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
    • GPS: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

The Bad

• No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Maureen Livermore
August 17th, 2018 Apple Valley, CA

I dislike that you can not get information without giving them ALL your contact info. I wanted to go back and check on the shipping process. (I did order this one). I ended up calling and was told finally, after 8 days, I had cleared the billing process. Now I was to wait for it to be shipped. When I expressed concern to how long it was taking I was reminded I could have done express shipping to expedite the process. It is not even in the mail yet and he could not tell me when it would be, except, it takes 7-10 business days to get it. Already very disappointed. I also did not like the ordering process because it did not give me a date that it would come and their communication was very vague. I really hope the service works once it FINALLY gets here. If you are looking into ordering pay the extra money to get it to you so you don't have wait and wait and wait. According to their reply they will not get it to me in 10 business days, it will be 11. I will be getting it 11 business days, not 10.

Social - Medical GuardianAug 16, 2018

Maureen, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry that the shipping process is slower than you would have liked. Your unit has shipped out and is scheduled to arrive by end of day 8/22. This is within the 7-10 business day timeframe discussed on your call. We understand your eagerness to get your father's Classic Guardian as soon as possible but hope that you both will appreciate what it offers when it arrives. In the meanwhile, please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions. You can reply directly to this message if you prefer or reach out to our Customer Care team as you did previously. Thanks again for the feedback. Have a great day!

Samuel
August 16th, 2018 Gastonia, NC DETAILS

I ask the sales person if the area my mother lives in had cell service for the mobile unit. He responded that she had great service in her area. When the unit came in I attempted to set it up and found out that she had no service at all. When I called to talk to customer service she ask if I had tried moving around the house to see if we could get service. After I spoke to a supervisor they sent me a return label. I have not seen where they have gave my money back yet so I will be calling them soon

Social - Medical GuardianAug 16, 2018

Samuel, thank you for the feedback and for giving Medical Guardian a chance. We are sorry that things didn't work out at your mother's location. While we make all efforts to look at signal availability at a particular location, at times there are unforeseen environmental factors that can limit cellular coverage. We want to extend our sincerest apologies. With that in mind, we would like to look into your situation further and to provide you with an update on your refund request. If you would be willing to provide us with a bit of additional information to look up the account in question, we will report back on our findings. Any information shared in your response will only be shared with Medical Guardian and will not be posted publicly. If you could provide your mother's name, address and phone number that should allow us to locate her account. Thanks again for reaching out Samuel!

Dana DeMar
August 14th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Assured me that my mom would have service at her rural home, even “checked” her zip code and said all would be well. When we tried to activate the device, she had no service in her rule home. Customer service informed us that they operate on the Sprint network which has no coverage in the rural Lake area of Missouri. We should really look for a service that operates either on Verizon or AT&T. Now I must return all of the equipment before I can get my $500 refund . And I am still waiting on them to send the shipping label. This has been an absolute mess all the way around, would never recommend them to anyone!

Social - Medical GuardianAug 14, 2018

Dana, thank you for the feedback. We are sorry that our device did not work out for your mother. One point of clarification is that our devices exclusively use AT&T coverage for cellular service. If this was not made clear during your previous interactions with our Customer Car team, we apologize for the confusion. Regardless, since it did not work at your mother's location, we will provide her with a full refund upon receipt of her unit. A return label was sent to her address on 7/31. If it has yet to be received, or if you have any other questions about the returns process, please feel free to reply directly to this message. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. Thanks again for reaching out and have a great day!

Chris Moss
August 13th, 2018 Elverta, CA

We were clear that we were not ready, mom wasn't home yet, and had not agreed to purchase, we'd have her purchase a system when she got home from the rehab facility.and they said ok let us know. no problem but then continued to call and bother us about signing her up.

Social - Medical GuardianAug 14, 2018

Chris, thank you for the feedback. We, first of all, wanted to wish your mother the best as she continues her recovery. We also wanted to apologize for the unwanted calls. We assure you that it is not our intention to call people who don't want the calls and we want to ensure that this issue is resolved for you. Would you be willing to provide us with a bit of additional information? If you can provide us with the phone number provided to Medical Guardian we will use this information to ensure no additional calls are received. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. Thanks again for reaching out!

Shirley Grimm
August 13th, 2018 Richardson, TX

Salesperson and customer service have all been very helpful .

Kathryn Marie Shaw
August 7th, 2018 Minerva, OH

It is hard for me to give an opinion as I have not yet received my call button and instructions. It is supposed to arrive by Fed Ex sometime tomorrow. It seems like I have been waiting on this package for quite awhile. Not sure what is taking so long.

Social - Medical GuardianAug 07, 2018

Kathryn, thank you for reaching out. We certainly value your opinion and want to hear more about your experience when you receive your device. It looks like your Mobile Guardian will be arriving today, if it has not already arrived, per tracking details available on your account. We will send a private message with the tracking information. Have a great day!

Keith Bennett
August 7th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Very good experience. Answered all my questions professionally.

richard
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

great service, prompt call backs easy billing

Tammy
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Wonderful customer service and the system is easy to set up and use

Marilyn Wingo
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Always checked when alarm went off. Replaced device when I lost mine for free

Priscilla Ballew
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Since I haven't had to use your service, I can't give it the highest rating. I'm basing my review on the reviews I read online.

Chris Munns
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Only had MG for 2 months. I paid for a year and told rep that I would prefer to be billed just before end of year.

Joann Estes
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

fast response. even alerted my family that my power slash electricity was out

Brigitte Hunter
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

it works great and is just what I needed. I do would like a better battery for the charger, need to charge several hours every day/night

Social - Medical GuardianAug 07, 2018

Brigitte, thank you for the review. We're happy that you enjoy your Mobile Guardian overall. We do have a couple of other devices designed for on the go use that offer greater battery life and may be a better fit for your needs. If you are interested in hearing more, simply reply to this message and we will have a member of our Customer Care team reach out to discuss these additional options with you more thoroughly. Have a great evening!

Jan Ledbetter. Daughter Lisa Barnett purchased this. Haven't had a need to use it yet. which is good. is there a wrist alternative?
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I am allergic to the band of the wrist and the necklace part. Had to purchase a cotton lanyard for my neck

Social - Medical GuardianAug 07, 2018

Jan, thank you for the review. We're happy to hear that you swapped out your lanyard for something more to your liking given your allergies. Your Home Guardian also works with a wristband option. We will be in touch about the options available for your device. Have a nice day!

Phyllis
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Fast response time and ease of use. I've had an occasion to use the alert and it was like the ad.

Nancy Westvang
August 6th, 2018 Poulsbo, WA DETAILS

They were very informative on the phone regarding the various options and payment system. We opted for the annual plan which gave us two months free. Plus you can cancel and get reimbursed for the months not used

Manuel & Ann allier
August 1st, 2018

Linda assisted in the Activation phase of system and got us on the right track. She has the patients of a saint and we applaud her efforts to get us on line and running. Margo was the sales rep and checked us in on a Sunday. Very efficient . Answered all our questions and had our system delivered on time Her suggestions for the payment method and maintenance contract were right -on. Yesterdays test personnel helped Ann get used to the system. Our experience thus far has been fantastic. Ann & Hal Hallier

Edythe
August 1st, 2018 Memphis, MI

I was very unhappy with my experience with the company. I was specifically asked & was questioned on what my needs would be for an Alert System I was trying to get for my mother. Falling was our main issue for her & this was the most important protection our family needed. The representative even asked me that same question many times. I was quoted prices & options all along assuming that the protections we were talking about of course covered “Fall” protections. I felt as the representative only wanted to sell me a plan as many times during our phone conversation he asked over & over , “ can I sign you up for one of our units today?” After hanging up & needed a few more answers so I called back & got of course a different person & thought I should ask the one thing I really should ask , told this person whom I spoke to & what we had covered & asked this does cover fall protection & was told no that was $10 extra a month! That was outrageous to me! How could this happen when we went over the reason I needed this device in the first place was because my mother was a fall risk! When I spoke to the original representative the next day after thinking about which device I needed he had many excuses for not getting the correct info to me. I decided this was not the company for my mother’s protection. How could I trust them with something so important as my mother’s safety if I couldn’t even get the correct info in the first place! I went with another company.

Social - Medical GuardianAug 02, 2018

Edythe, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that your experience with our Sales team did not provide you with the experience you needed to make an informed decision with regards to a purchase. We take our entire customer service experience very seriously and would like to investigate your concerns more thoroughly. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to provide us with some additional information? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your name and the phone number used to reach out, we will look into your case more thoroughly. Thanks again for the feedback!

Rose Fisher
July 30th, 2018 Strasburg, PA DETAILS

the item is easy to use but fortunately I did not have to use it yet.

Vigi Baldwin for Rena Pesci
July 30th, 2018 Farmington, MI DETAILS

In June I tested the system and could not get contected. I called the customer service and they said there was problems with the ATT towers. Not good if it was a real emergency!!

Social - Medical GuardianJul 31, 2018

Vigi, thank you for reaching out. We see that you contacted us about this cellular connection issue previously. We will be reaching back out to help retest the device in question to ensure everything is functioning as it should. Have a lovely day!

Steve D
July 30th, 2018 Oceanside, NY DETAILS

Very easy to use. Straightforward and simple set up for both lockbox and device. Easy activation and knowledgeable customer service team which included a test of the unit

Leslie Chisholm
July 30th, 2018 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

Quick to respond, very efficient and good follow up phone call.

jeanette walker
July 30th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

I never heard back from you after I requested information! This does not give me much faith in your company. Jeanette Walker

Social - Medical GuardianJul 31, 2018

Betty thank you for reaching out. We are not sure why you did not receive a call and apologize that this was the case. We understand that this would cause you to question your faith in our company. We absolutely want to get to the bottom of this. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us out by providing some additional information? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the phone number you used to reach out to us, we will investigate your concerns. We hope you have a good day!

Jean Salmon
July 30th, 2018 Newport, OR

I arranged a unit from them, gave my credit card info etc. Was told I would receive it in a week. It is now over 3 weeks and still nothing.

Social - Medical GuardianJul 31, 2018

Jean, thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the delays you have experienced. We see that you spoke to our Customer Care team about your concerns and that you were provided the tracking number for your device. We will be in touch again shortly to discuss your situation further.

Betty Johnson
July 30th, 2018 Monticello, MN

I never received a call. I keep my phone with me the majority of the time and I do have voice mail. So I have no idea why it is considered best.

Social - Medical GuardianJul 31, 2018

Betty thank you for reaching out. We are not sure why you did not receive a call and appologize for that confusion. We would like to look into your situation further to see if we can determine what occurred. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us out by providing some additional informaiton? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the phone number you used to reach out to us, we look into your case more thoroughly. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope you have a great day.

Tommy Joe Nelson
July 27th, 2018 Killen, AL DETAILS

used call button two times and worked as needed

Richard Beard
July 25th, 2018 Cape Coral, FL

Had a problem, they took caare right away. Nice people to deal with.

Social - Medical GuardianJul 24, 2018

Richard, thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the lack of information on your new unit. We are looking into your concerns and a member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out shortly to discuss. Have a lovely day!

John Poulson
July 25th, 2018 Saint Albans, WV DETAILS

It did not fit my needs - I am not in a condition where I am not able to bend over without creating a hazard,

Social - Medical GuardianJul 25, 2018

John, we're sorry that our current product line does not meet your needs. We are always looking to better meet the needs of our customers. Would you care to elaborate on what it is you are looking for in a medical alert device that our current products do not offer? Any feedback you share in your response will not be posted publicly, but will simply be used to help us understand how to better serve the needs of customers such as yourself. Thanks again for the feedback and have a great day!

donna turney
July 24th, 2018

employees were affecient. timely delivery

Jane J. Davis
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Never loses connections, as my previous alert did constantly. But I have problems with the cord for the pendant. It is too long and when I readjust it, it slips back to too long.

Social - Medical GuardianJul 25, 2018

Jane, thank you for the review. We're happy you like your device overall. With regards to the cord for your pendant, you do have the option of changing it out to something that better suits your needs. Please reach back out, you can reply directly to this message, if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Susan Brownridge
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Easy to use, quick response time, reliable.

Jane Phillips-Jones
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Very easy to work with, both while tying to decide which compny to use and during the set-up.

karen wallis
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

prompt service. reliable service. easy way of using the unit.

Donna Marrone
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

The unit is a little larger than I expected getting used to it. Reassuring to know help is not far away if needed. People have been very helpful when I have had to ask questions.

Monica Hegarty caregiver to Raymond Troll
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Easy set up. Friendly staff. system worked very well.

Corilee Southern
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

We have not had to use it yet, but one of grandchildren pushed the alert button by mistake and within about a minute we had someone on the line asking if we needed help. When we explained the problem,they were very gracious.

Sandy nicholson
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Immediate response and courtesy reassuring

Norma G. Taylor.
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

They answered promptly when I had accidentally hit the bottom. They were very kind when I said I had hit the button by mistake.

Dennis
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Hard to contact by phone to set up account online.

Social - Medical GuardianJul 24, 2018

Dennis, thanks for the feedback. We would like to look a bit further into your experience with setting up your unit and account online as you mentioned here. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will reach out for additional specifics. Thanks again and we hope you have a great day!