Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian Logo

9.3

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

Medical Guardian Promotion

The Good

• Price
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Joann And Gerald E Oakley
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It worked properly the one time I had to use it. I fell, and they came here right away.

Juanita
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had to use it yet but if it goes off accidentally they call me to make sure I turn it off.

Joanne
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I had some issues with a bracelet going off all the time, but they got a new one to me. It's worth the knowledge of knowing somebody's on the other side if I fall or something.

Priscilla
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Everything has been perfect, as far as I know it is all working fine. I haven't had any emergencies, but I take it with me everywhere.

Joe
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

If I could talk to them through the wristwatch or necklace it would be a much better product. I have tested it a couple times and they came right on and asked me if I needed help and made sure I was okay before they hung up.

October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I like it because they can use it outside of the home. When we contacted them for set up or testing they've been very thorough and helpful.

Wayne
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I needed something that would work outside, which I think this does. I tried other companies, but they wouldn't do that. I like the fact that it's got a charger on the bedside and I have a button around my neck. I feel very comfortable with it.

Portia
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't really spoken to them since the initial set up, but they were very nice.

Cecilia
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The one time I had to use it was when I was stuck in my couch. So, I pushed the button and they came over and got me out of my couch.

Patty
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I like the convenience of being able to take it with me, and I'm able to add a little case so I don't have to worry about shutting it off accidentally.

Steven
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It works really well and doesn't get in the way. Although, I did once inadvertently hit the button and didn't hear it because my vacuum was on and next thing I see is the Fire Department outside of my window arriving with the Paramedics. I've called in a couple of times to test it and I always get a quick response, and that experience showed me they really do what they say they'll do.

Margaret
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I know exactly how it works and I know exactly what it would do. Medical Guardian is a source for which we can be assured of assistance. And, I think it's very inexpensive.

October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When I fell on financially hard times, I called and said I wouldn't be able to make my payments. They allowed me to make a lesser payment the following month and then adjusted everything. As for the device, I like the bracelet the best. I don't like things hanging around my neck. I like the price and being able to choose other accessories and where you can put it.

Janice
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

You have two devices here that you can use and one of them can detect falls.

Rosemary
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The consultant was very kind and walked me through everything and gave me a lot of information. It's a nice unit and it's easy to work with.

Dolores
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I needed it around the house, but I don't use it because there's no way I can go anywhere and take it with me.

Helen J
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I've had a really good service from them so far. They're always there when we need them or for a testing. It seems to be efficient and does the job it's supposed to do.

Priscilla
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They always answer when I call to test my machine, and they are very prompt.

Virginia C
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When I checked in, they were very polite. I haven't had to use it, but it's on me all the time.

Carol
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I wear the necklace or bracelet every day. When I first got it, they answered all my questions and I haven't needed to contact them since.

Elaine
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I got sick and had to get help, they responded in good time and came right away to help me.

M.O
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I fell in the bedroom and they called my daughter who lives 45 minutes away. She told them to send the ambulance. We could have avoided that if she called the neighbors first.

Debra
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They were informative when I had questions, they answered them professionally and efficiently. However, it is very expensive.

Betty
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They responded right away when I accidentally touched it. I've used it twice, once when I fell in my driveway. I think it's a little expensive, but it's something I need to have.

W
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

If you are concerned for a love one, this will give your family peace of mind. It's an excellent service.

October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

During the day I use the watch and at night I use the necklace. I try to call in once a month to have it tested, the response isn't immediate. I always have to wait quite a bit for them to answer the phone. The last time I tested it, I said at the beginning it was a test, but they called me back thinking it was an emergency. It's the most expensive alert system out there at $39.95 a month, which is $10 more than the average alert system out there. The only thing I would recommend them for is because it is so lightweight. I don't even realize it's there.

Patricia
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The price is reasonable, and the response is quick. All I had to do was push the button and talk into it. It took about 45 minutes and I'm on the west coast, so I figured that was really within reason. I wish I could talk into the necklace but I can't, so I have to keep the other one around with me all the time. But, I believe they saved my life that day.

Dorothy
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When I was testing it, they came right on and I told them I was just testing it.

October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I couldn't breathe, and they answered me in a few minutes. They got in contact with all my children I had down.

Kay
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I went to Texas and I wasn't sure if it would work so I tried it and they were right here and even contacted my son in Indiana. There was one time it didn't work when I tested it though.

Gladys
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The machine and people who work there have all been satisfactory. I had one machine that stopped working and they asked if I could wait until the morning and someone came and made sure to replace it and make sure it worked. They call me periodically to make sure it's still working.

William
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The GPS only works in my house, it doesn't work outside or at my job.

Mary
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

About a month ago I pressed the button and they got here as quickly as they could.

Vivian
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

There has been very little contact with customer service, but it's been really good. I like all the different options and the ability to take it anywhere I go.

Nancy
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I have only had to call a couple of times for general questions, but they've been extremely nice. I wear the bracelet, I like it and it's waterproof.

Gilbert
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They sent me the machine and gave me the information to plug it up. The information they sent was really accurate and up to date.

Richard
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

A couple of times I have accidentally hit it and you guys called me right away. I use it all the time, when I'm outside or even just around the neighborhood.

Betty
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They are very prompt and interested, we've been very thankful.

Lillian
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

My wife uses the wristwatch, she likes it better than the one that hangs around her neck. When she fell, she pushed the button and it worked as planned.

Junita
October 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It's easy to use, but they take too long to answer your call.