Backed by our $200 Guarantee! Learn More

Medical Guardian

9.3

How is this calculated?

Summary

Medical Guardian offers medical alert systems for those who need emergency services on the go as well as at home. Its medical alert packages have top-rated, high-quality equipment, from top-of-the-line fall detection pendants to medical alert smartwatches with GPS functionality. Medical Guardian has no setup fees or long-term contracts.

Medical Guardian's monitoring centers are CSAA Five Diamond certified, ESA Security certified, UL listed, and are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure your loved ones have protection no matter what time of the day or night it is.

Many medical alert providers haven't been awarded such robust accreditation, as it isn't a requirement to operate as a medical alert company. Medical Guardian makes safety a top priority, demonstrating its authority and trustworthiness.

Medical Guardian claims the number one position in our rankings of medical alert system companies and has held that spot for many years. With thousands of positive reviews, the company outshines its competition with an exceptional staff; Medical Guardian was awarded the Silver Stevie Award for Excellence in Customer Service in 2019.

Because Medical Guardian's reputation has spoken for itself with thousands of positive customer reviews, we're offering $100 if you're not satisfied within 30 days of your purchase. If you'd like to learn more about what customers have to say about the medical alert provider, read Medical Guardian reviews.

Pros

• check_circle Affordable Price
  • check_circle Smartwatch Medical Alert Option
  • check_circle 1,300-Foot Range from Base Station
  • check_circle Automatic Fall Detection
  • check_circle Lifetime Warranty
  • check_circle No Long-Term Contract

Cons

• remove_circle Extra Monthly Fee for Fall Detection
  • remove_circle Warranty Doesn't Cover Lost or Damaged Items

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service that outshines its competition in multiple areas, including price, equipment variety and quality, response times, monitoring center accreditations, customer reviews, and more. Medical Guardian is best for anyone looking for a medical alert system and not just one type of customer; you can select and customize the plan and equipment that fits your needs. No matter if you're looking for an in-home or an on-the-go system, Medical Guardian has multiple medical alert packages for both types of situations. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's medical alert products and services.

Pricing

Monthly Monitoring Price: $29.95 - $44.95

Equipment Fee: None*

Activation Fee: None

Medical Guardian members receive medical alert equipment free of charge** with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency.

Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and higher quality equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry. For many other medical alert providers, you'll pay a high upfront fee for equipment as well as a hefty monthly monitoring fee.

Free equipment offer does not include the Mini Guardian, Home 2.0, or Mobile 2.0

Medical Guardian Package Breakdown

One-Time Equipment Fee Monthly Fee Connectivity Battery Life Range At Home or On the Go
Classic Guardian None $29.95 Landline 32 Hours 1,300 feet At Home
Home 2.0 $124.95 $34.95 Wi-Fi, LTE 32 Hours 1,400 feet At Home
Mobile 2.0 $124.95 $39.95 Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G 5 Days Unlimited On the Go
Active Guardian None $44.95 Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G 7 Days Unlimited On the Go
Mini Guardian $124.94 $39.95 Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G 5 Days Unlimited On the Go
MGMove $199.95 $39.95 or $44.95 GPS, 4G 18-24 Hours Unlimited On the Go

Add-On Equipment

• Additional Necklace/Wristband — $2.99 per month
  • Trelawear Pendant — $2.99 per month (compatible with Mobile 2.0 and 2.0 CBS)
  • Wall Button (not water resistant) — $2.99 per month
  • Voice-Activated Wall Button (water resistant) — $5.00 per month
  • Lockbox — $2.99 per month
  • Fall Detection — $10.00 per month
  • Enhanced Notifications — $2.99 per month
  • Protection Plan — $6.99 per month

Mini Guardian

Cost

This plan starts at $39.95 per month and requires a $124.95 one-time equipment fee.

Device Information

The Mini Guardian is the smallest and sleekest help button Medical Guardian offers. It comes in three colors, including black, silver, and white. Its capabilities are similar to Medical Guardian's other offered medical alert systems and is water-resistant, includes GPS tracking, and has a five-day battery life. This plan does require a one-time equipment fee, unlike the other basic medical alert packages.

Being half the width and weight of a regular medical alert system, this device is best for consumers who care about the convenience of size and would prefer a smaller device compared to a regular-sized system and don't mind a one-time equipment fee. The mini can clip onto bags, purses, belts, clothing, etc. for ease of use. You can also add fall detection to the mini if you'd like extra protection.

The range on this device is unlimited.

Free equipment offer does not include the Mini Guardian system.

Home 2.0

Cost

This plan starts at $34.95 per month and requires a $124.95 one-time equipment fee.

Device Information

The Home 2.0 is a wireless medical alert system that does not require a phone landline. The system works with a nationwide cellular network that gives you access to Medical Guardian's 24/7 monitoring station at any time. The system comes with a wearable medical alert button, which has a 1,400-foot range from the base unit.

Active Guardian

Cost

This plan starts at $44.95 per month and does not require an upfront equipment fee.

Device Information

The Active Guardian is a portable medical alert system with built-in GPS and Wi-Fi technology. You can use this system at home or on the go since it functions on Verizon's 4G cellular network. The system includes a wearable alert button, two-way communication, and location tracking with GPS.

Classic Guardian

Cost

This plan starts at $29.95 per month and does not require an upfront equipment fee.

Device Information

The Classic Guardian is the lowest priced package Medical Guardian offers. The medical alert system is meant to keep you safe in and around your home with a 1,300-foot range. The system connects to your landline phone, and the medical alert device is a wearable waterproof button. The system includes a built-in speaker with two-way communication and power outage protection with a 32-hour battery backup.

Mobile 2.0

Device Information

The Mobile 2.0 is a portable mobile medical alert system that functions on built-in GPS technology and cellular connection. This enables customers to use their medical alert devices outside of their homes. The device includes a wearable button that has an unlimited range from the device. The system has location tracking and two-way communication.

MGMove

Cost

This plan starts at $39.95 per month and requires a $199.95 one-time equipment fee. The Social Circle Apps is an available add-on for an extra $5.00 per month.

Device Information

The MGMove is a smartwatch used to help individuals stay connected, stay active, and stay safe. MGMove includes the following features: an SOS button to dispatch emergency services, advanced location tracking, local weather updates, reminders, a steps tracker, easy monthly testing, messaging to circle members, and two-way calls. The device has a battery life of 18-24 hours and has unlimited range. This smartwatch is a convenient and sleek choice for everyday use.

Range from Base Station

Medical Guardian's home-based medical alert systems have a 1,300- and 1,400- range depending on the system you choose. This is a much larger range than most medical alert providers out there who offer closer to 600-1,000 feet of coverage from the base station.

Medical Guardian's long range from the base station gives medical alert users more freedom in how far they can travel away from the base unit while still having full coverage in case of a fall or another emergency.

Products

MGMove

Everyday on-the-go option

Stay connected and active with the everyday medical alert smartwatch. The watch includes an SOS button, weather updates, reminders, step tracking, messaging, and calls.

$39.95 /month

Mini Guardian

Slim and lightweight option

Just 1/2 the size of traditional alert devices, the Mini is petite, discreet, and designed to go wherever you are — whether that’s on a walk around the block or across the country to visit loved ones.

$39.95 /month

Classic Guardian

The most cost-efficient option

Connected to your landline telephone, the base station works with a wearable medical alert button that can be pressed up to 1,300 feet away from the base station to contact their 24/7 monitor center.

$29.95 /month

Equipment Warranty and Cancellation Policy

Contract Length: None

Warranty Length: Lifetime

Equipment Warranty

Medical Guardian also offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

The warranty does not cover lost or damaged items. However, Medical Guardian offers a protection plan for $6.99 per month that would cover those circumstances.

Cancellation Policy

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them without having to commit to the service for a long period of time.

Automatic Fall Detection and Certifications

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

Medical Guardian charges $10 extra per month if you want a fall alert pendant included in your plan. However, this is the industry standard and is definitely worth the cost if you want extra peace of mind.

A fall alert pendant is an extra layer of protection that could potentially save a consumer's life, so the $10 extra a month doesn't seem like it's too unreasonable, especially when the majority of medical alert companies charge the same monthly price for fall detection.

Certifications

Medical Guardian certified monitoring center is U.S.-based along with all of its operators. The monitoring center is available 24/7. Bilingual support is available for those who speak English as well as Spanish.

Medical Guardian is UL Listed, FM approved, and ESA Security certified. The company's monitoring centers and operators are also certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence, making Medical Guardian's response times the quickest and most efficient in the industry.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Ginny Davis from Richmond Virginia

"On at least two occasions within the past month, I have had falls where I punched the pendant and I had a response and the fire department here within about fifteen to twenty minutes. They helped me get to my feet. It is not an overstatement to say this pendant saved my life."

What Customers Are Saying

When analyzing Medical Guardian reviews, one of the most referenced positives about the company is its quick responses and exceptional customer service. The company won the Silver Stevie Award for Excellence in Customer Service in 2019 and continues to demonstrate that customer service is one of the most important aspects of the company's mission.

Medical Guardian customers note the company's representatives are always prompt, patient, and helpful whether it's an emergency, a routine test, or just a simple customer service inquiry. The company has the same caring attitude regardless of the situation.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Anthony

"I think that their service is very good. We test it once a month and the people are very efficient, very nice, they answer very quickly and it just makes you feel confident. My every interaction with them has been a positive one."

*Free shipping and one free month of service is a part of a promotion offered with the purchase of an annual plan.

**The Mini Guardian, Home 2.0, and Mobile 2.0 packages have equipment fees.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does Medical Guardian’s price compare to other medical alert providers?

expand_more

What is Medical Guardian’s cancellation policy?

expand_more

Does Medical Guardian offer a protection plan?

expand_more

Can you purchase spousal medical alert monitoring through Medical Guardian?

expand_more

Does Medical Guardian offer automatic fall detection?

expand_more

Are Medical Guardian’s medical alert devices waterproof?

expand_more

Is there a limit to how many times I can press Medical Guardian’s emergency button?

expand_more

Can I trust Medical Guardian’s monitoring center?

expand_more

Are Medical Guardian’s monitoring services U.S.-Based?

expand_more

How is Medical Guardian’s medical alert service different than calling 9-1-1?

Featured Video Reviews

Anonymous Customer Review Video About Medical Guardian

Reviews

featured star

Featured

Blake

Sumerduck, VA
Not enough gratitude for me to express. But many many thanks to these people who I never see. I honestly couldn't say a ( what if in any circumstances) they have my back and most important my mothers too. Which is the reason I use them. best decision I ever made have a much much better story to tell and more just short today. Thanks again guardian love your personnel and what you do.

featured star

Featured

Amy Greene

Hartford, MI
It saved my mom's life. She fell and broke her hip outside during the winter when it was 4 degrees. She would have frozen to death if she didn't have her Medical Guardian around her neck!

Brenda

Menomonie, WI
They've answered all my questions that I have for them and they were really good about getting it set up. They did an excellent job. I tested it and I got an answer right away so that worked well. I like the you can take it anywhere and it works. It's confusing to know when to recharge and if they could make something a little lighter that would be nice.

Bruce

It was a very easy to set up and my customer service that we received when purchasing they were very thorough and they answered questions. It's excellent. When we pushed the button it went straight through and they asked if we needed assistance and you could respond yes or no and it picked up on it quickly. We had no problems with it. The first individual we spoke with was a little bit more focused on the sale than on making sure that our needs were met, but the second individual I spoke with was super helpful and provided excellent customer service.

Blairsville, GA
My wife, Beverly, uses it when I'm not in the house, like when I go shopping and it comes in handy to know that least that she has somebody that can be out here at the house real quick if I'm not available. I know the response is really quick.

Christine

Gaffney, SC
Every time that we've had to get in touch with them for any reason at all they are very cordial and very dependable and do what they say they will do. It works well. It just gives me comfort in knowing that if I need somebody I can get to them very fast with this.

Redding, CA
It's working great. She calls to tell me when it needs to be charged. I have had to use it a couple times I have fallen and boy they come right up when I pushed the button. I lose my balance and I fall so and they have been a big help, they've gotten my help right here. It's working great.

Allan Kay

Columbus, IN
I keep it on in case something happens. The folks that helped me to set it up were just absolutely great. I've accidentally called it a couple of times and response was certainly quick so I know that if it were an emergency they have my back. I wish I had a pocket to put it in sometimes.

Bertha

Shawnee, OK
Everything has gone well. I accidentally set it off by leaning over and pressed on it one time and it was answered immediately. That told me that if I really, really needed help they would be there. I really wish that I had gotten a watch because I think something on my wrist would be less noticable.

Alice

Newark, OH
I like that it's right around my neck so if I fall it'll go off and let my contacts know or when I need help they'll come. When I've called their customer service I've never been put on hold. I've got all the answers I needed.

Sulphur, LA
Every time I've had to call Medical Guardian been excellent about getting answers, and answering my questions. The customer service is very friendly and knowledgeable. I don't like that the device has to be recharged every two or three days. But it is mobile and doesn't require a home monitoring system.

Brian

Lakeland, FL
It's small and compact and it's not in the way, we have 2 little puppies and they don't bother it. They have called me several times and said that I didn't fill out some kind of paperwork and send it in and I sent back everything they had sent me and they said they didn't receive it so they were going to send me some more and I still never got it, but they quit calling so I guess it's okay. Maybe they found it.

Blanche

The person who I had been in contact with when I was purchasing it was amazing. He was very patient, he answered everything and put my mind at ease and took the time to explain everything. We had numerous phone calls before I actually purchased it and he was patient and wonderful. It's actually from my mom and I like the fact that she wears it around her neck and that is easy accessible for her.

Tom

La Quinta, CA
It's a little heavy to carry around but I like particularly the fact that he can push the button and talk himself. We had another one where they called inside the house, and by having this he can talk directly and tell them if he's okay or not okay. We have a rather large house and I could be outside watering the flowers and he's fallen inside and I guess if you don't get an answer you send someone out. The only thing that bothers me is when I was pricing different ones they said "Oh you want this so that's another $115" which was for for the falling part they didn't think I wanted that's what I wanted the most. He's fallen about 5 times.

Source

The only thing that bothers me is the magnet. The cord that goes around your neck has a connection with the magnet and on two occasions it's just fallen, and I haven't done anything to make it fall. Well I would rate it 5, I haven't had to use it very much. There is a link that's really helpful and that tells me what my battery charge is and how strong the connection is, so I check that out once or twice a day. I get no reception here for texting or cell phones or anything, but I was able to successfully reach a person who could help me had I needed when I was just testing it. It couldn't be more perfect far as I'm concerned. I'm wearing it under my T-shirts or whatever and I feel totally safe whenever I have it

Clydean

Gastonia, NC
I feel safer with them. They called and checked in, and it was very nice and helpful. I like that the device hangs around my neck. I think they are very pleasant and good people.

Arleen

Fort Jennings, OH
So far it's been excellent. I usually unintentionally set it off when I'm at the table doing a puzzle also and I lean up against the table. They are always very nice about it.

Louisburg, KS
I have a way to contact someone if I need them, but the only thing I really don't like about it is wearing it around my neck. They've been very nice about answering any questions that I had. They were very thorough and I appreciated it.

Haslett, MI
It's well worth it. They do their job and they do it well. Every time that I've had to use it, it has actually worked immediately and when I tested it I have a response immediately. The people that took care of the calls are polite and take care of it the way that it needs to be taken care of, they don't just shrug it off.

Amy

Miami, FL
I was not really in need of it but accidentally when I was wearing it I pressed against it and I was able get attention right away so I thought that was this amazing and awesome.

Beverly

Washington, PA
It's not for me, it's for my mother. She tested it twice and she was happy with the result, happy with the contract. I like the extra security of knowing if there's a problem.

Billy

Osborne, KS
Was for my father and so far we haven't had to use it. So I don't really know much about it. He did actually push it two weeks ago by accident and it worked. He said that they talked to him right away.

Carmen

Bridgeport, CT
I used it and they called me, asked for my address to make sure that's the correct address, and I appreciate that very much, so they got here as quick as possible. I've used it twice and I love it.

Bronx, NY
The people that my daughter was speaking with were very helpful in setting it up for me. They went over everything step by step so it was quite clear how to use it and how to recharge it.

William

Melbourne, FL
What I like about it is I trust it and that's the most important thing. If I fall down, does it really work, and a few times it got pushed by mistake, they’re right on the line really quick. The equipment has not failed, I’m an electronic engineer so I know exactly how it works so I’m probably a pretty good judge if it’s good quality. It's loud so if you’ve fallen down, you've hurt yourself, someone else in the house just listening is gonna hear it. It's very loud, which is a good thing.

Sandra

Hurst, TX
I accidentally hit it against something and the call was answered and I had to explain it was a mistake but I'm a lot more careful than when I first got it. The lady's voice was very clear, I understood what she said, it wasn't garbled or have any static so that was that was a good thing. I didn't expect it to be quite that good. I wear it everywhere, I don't go anywhere if it's in the charger. I stay here until it charges and it charges in about two hours to give me five days to wear it.

Stephen

Dale, TX
I live in a rural area and I do have some problems with the cell phone out here, the service is very weak, but every time I've tested it, it does work. On one test, they couldn't answer the phone and something came up saying that they lost the cell phone connection but they called me back on my other phone immediately so I think that was really good and they told me that if I hadn't have answered that other phone that they would have sent some medics out. It makes me it makes me feel more comfortable when I have to leave because the one that lives with me has a fall risk and so I feel a lot better if I have to go. I hang that pendant thing around her neck so that if she does fall we'd be able to just tell.

Sue

Brooksville, FL
Well it obviously works but I'm not real happy with the instructions that were provided up front when I received the device. I was not informed that if any of my people in my care circle received a call that they have to know the contract number in order to get information. My daughter got an alert and she didn't know the contract number and the person hung up on her and it caused her a great deal of concern. The other thing is I took my receiver off of the cradle and laid it on the counter top because it said you shouldn't leave it in there too long and I was working around the house and I thought I heard somebody say my name but I I have the TV on so I didn't pay attention to it. Apparently it was you guys calling to check on me and next thing my neighbors knew, sheriff's department called up, probably doing a wellness check, so I needed a little more information about how I'm gonna leave that thing off the cradle. So I know the thing works because obviously I'm getting responses from the fire department and the sheriff's office and whatever.

Terry

Erlanger, KY
It's really easy for mom to use. The operator is easy to reach, the person comes on starts talking to her little bracelet and she explains she's testing when she does and they say that's fine you have a nice day. They were easy to deal with when we bought it. It's comfortable, it's not heavy. Every time we tested they are there to answer. It works just the way it's supposed to.

Marlene

Ocala, FL
We tested each of the components when we first got it. Then one day she was doing laundry and she happened to bump the button with her laundry basket and I got 2 phone calls, one from Guardian, one from Emergency Services and the fire department. She didn't know what had happened at that point, but it was a good, quick response.The length of the lanyard is too long. They are very courteous and helpful. When I had to set it up and I was having an issue they talked me right through it and we got it working with no problems. It's a sense of comfort, knowing that there's another set of eyes to provide quick, rapid response when needed other than just relying on our neighbors to notice it.

Brenda

Summerville, SC
They answered me immediately. And it was clear and precise. I like how helpful the company is. I've accidentally pushed it before. And there were people who answered the phone. You can understand them and they have all your information. I just think the company is great. I don't like how small the button is. I accidentally hit the button and the girl on the other end knew all my information and I could understand her. She made sure it was me who was calling and made sure that it was just an accident that I hit it. I was crying and she was not judgmental and not angry that I didn't need anything. I have had a good experience with it.

Adelll

Norfolk, VA
It's light weight and when I walk it's not heavy. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. The quality was excellent. It's a great tool to have in case of an emergency.

Napa, CA
I just talked to them on the phone and they answered questions. I think it's expensive. I like the fact that somebody could help me when I need help, as I live by myself.

Betty

Macon, GA
It's expensive, that's for sure. I like that I can wear it during the day. I can't wear it at night cause I toss and turn in the bed so I put it on my bed side. It's heavy.

Bill

Crystal River, FL
The wrist watch kind of thing, the button is a little easy to push than it should be. It should be recessed a little more, but we tested it and everything worked just great.

Sherwood, AR
When I reported the issue with the lanyard they were very prompt at sending a new one and responding to my complaint. The last time I tested it was toward the beginning of last month and I just pushed the button and it comes on and and I say I'm just testing it and then that's it.

Bohemia, NY
I like my medical alert device because it is light and I can wear around my neck. They're always right there when I have any problems or any questions or anything. It's pricey.

Beverly

Bowie, MD
They're good, they care. I wear it all the time around my neck. I don't like that they have called me at one o'clock in the morning one time and three times during the day when I hadn't fallen.

Jerome, ID
I'm a new customer and I am happy with it so far. I have had a couple of problems with the unit itself and they were very nice. As soon as I called they sent me a replacement so that worked out fine.

Anne

I can actually wear it in the shower, so I feel safe. The battery does not hold a three day charge. I tested it it several times and in another state and they have always come on the line quickly and professionally.

Anna

Mount Washington, KY
It is easy to use and it's accurate. My mom fell yesterday and I was notified immediately that she fell. They are responsive, I call several times just to check the quality of service and they were always very receptive.

Amy

Sheffield, AL
It's secure. If I fall I can call someone and they help me. When I first got it I tested it by pressing the button and I got a hold of an operator right away and she signed me up.

Al And Alice

Fredericksburg, VA
I'm pleased. I'm very happy that I have it. I did test it and it was simple. They were responsive and very thorough in the questions. I feel very comfortable having it in my home.

Anthony

I like the safety necklace that it provides as far as the you could just pull it off it's magnetic clasp. He doesn't have to take it off other than to charge it and it's very simple to charge.

Sandra J Thompson

Marietta, NY
Jessica and Linda (from Collections) was instrumental in my reaction. As with many, we are running out of money fast with inflation. She offered me options that I did not know about. She didn't have to do that, but she did and that made all the difference. She was very kind and patient.

Wade

Pittsford, NY
I like about it is that immediate connection with people who were there to give me some help when I need it. Fortunately I haven't had to use it but when I first got it I tested it and then I had to get a replacement and I tested that and everything was fine.

Sue

Franklin, TN
I just tested it first part of this month and used the little wrist watch thing and mashed it and about three seconds or so the agent came on and told her that we were testing and they agreed to that and everything was running fine so it was very good.

Vernon

Orland, CA
It's handy, I got it around me all the time in case of any emergency. All you have to do is press it and I tested it and it worked perfectly. Immediately somebody comes on and asks if there's a problem or why, I just say I'm testing and I just hung up. Good reception and they can hear me and I can hear them very well.

Sherry

Oklahoma City, OK
I forgot to charge it when I fell in the yard it didn't work because I didn't charge it but it's perfect because that was my fault and when I first got it I had forgot I had it on one and I went in my closet and was gonna put on a short sleeve shirt and it fell on the floor in the carpet and it said that they detected the fall and was I okay, so I knew it worked when it was charged.

Terry L. Scott

Dayton, OH
Whenever a test has been conducted, as suggested, the service has always been there. The one time I had an actual need for the service, the agent responded quickly and stayed with me until the emergency service arrived and attempted to contact my contacts.