Medical Guardian

Call Now Visit Site

Medical Guardian verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. We would highly recommend them as the best company in the industry for a medical alert system.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

1309 Medical Guardian Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 28th, 2017 Denver, CO

My son purchased Medical Guardian for me. I keep it in my pocket, and I haven't had to use it. My suggestion for the company would be to make the device that you carry smaller.

1 0

July 28th, 2017 Winter Haven, FL

We switched to Medical Guardian because they had a lot of features that the one I was using before doesn't have. So far I'm pleased with what I've gotten, and how it should work if I need it. It was purchased for me by my daughter because she couldn't be with me all the time. She wanted to make sure that I could get help if I needed it, since I've had a couple of medical problems in the past. Thank God I haven't had to use it yet. I wear it all day, everyday, in case something happens. I take the GPS thing whenever I leave the house. I go to doctor's appointments and therapy appointments and once in a while I get to go out for lunch while wearing it.

July 28th, 2017 York, PA

It was very nice speaking with them. They were very understanding, they explained everything to me and it was fine. They were very good to me. I'm not as steady as I used to be and there are times when I wouldn't be able to call my family that I live with, so I thought this would make me a little more independent. I wear it all the time, so I feel it's made me feel very comfortable and more confident than when I didn't have anything. I've been very lucky. I haven't had to use it, except for when I hit it by accident and it called them, which was embarrassing, but we got it all straightened out.

July 28th, 2017 Pine City, MN

I got the device for someone else; I just make sure they're wearing it. After speaking with a representative, it seems very good for them. It's been a good experience.

July 28th, 2017 Matthews, NC

I just put it on in the morning and go. The Medical Guardian Representative is excellent

July 28th, 2017 Killeen, TX

I wear it everyday because I have a fall risk. I used it once just a couple of weeks ago when I fell. They've really done good for me. Speaking with their representative was good; it was very informative.

July 28th, 2017 Chapel Hill, NC

I have it on my wrist 24/7, and anytime I go any place I take my charger. I got it for myself 6 weeks ago because my husband just died 7 weeks ago, and I'm alone in the house. I do have some health issues and I just wanted to be safer. I've never used it yet; In the next day or two I'll call in for my monthly check-in but nothing other than that. My son spoke to their representative and he had no problems.

July 28th, 2017 Boring, OR

It’s for my mother, and she wears it all the time. It’s good for her, especially because she lives alone. She used it once already, and the response time was quick, so it’s been a positive service.

July 28th, 2017 Great Valley, NY

The only time I spoke to one of their representatives was when I was trying to decide which company I wanted to go with. Whoever I spoke with was very pleasant, very informative, and that convinced me to stay with Medical Guardian.

July 28th, 2017 Hillsborough, NC

They've been very helpful with the information they provide when I call in. All I do now is put it on in the morning, and keep it on until bedtime.

July 28th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I haven't had to use it yet but I am so thankful to have it just in case I do fall or in case I get stuck somewhere where I'm by myself. My only experience dealing with their representatives was when I signed up for it. That was a very good and helpful experience. It just makes me feel a lot safer to know that I can get help at the press of a button,

July 28th, 2017 Cañon City, CO

Usually, I sleep with the device on, and take it with me when I go outside. The only thing that I don't like is that you got to carry that little power pack thing if you're outside. Hopefully I'll get used to it, because I feel safer and more secure with it. Plus, the representatives answered my questions and gave me a lot of information, so that was good.

July 28th, 2017 Little Elm, TX

The reason I chose Medical Guardian was because the company showed good ratings online. My daughter helped me set up everything, but so far, everything has been a great experience. I haven’t had a problem with the service.

July 28th, 2017 Auburn, CA

I’m very satisfied with it! I wear it regularly, and although I haven’t used it yet, Medical Guardian has offered a very positive experience.

July 28th, 2017 Malvern, PA

They called quickly when they sensed there was a fall. Fortunately, there wasn’t one, but they were polite and professional. Keep improving!

July 28th, 2017 Appomattox, VA

I’ve spoken to their representatives several times, and they’ve always been very informative, very polite, and very patient. I'm very happy with the unit, and everything’s been fine, as far as I’m concerned.

July 28th, 2017 Trenton, NJ

I’ve never pushed the button, but their agents are very pleasant, very cordial and very helpful. I wear the wristband and the lanyard throughout the day, so it’s there for me in case I fall.

July 28th, 2017 Wanaque, NJ

Customer service has been very pleasant. We haven’t used the service yet, but I happen to be very happy with them.

July 28th, 2017 Abingdon, MD

The time I spoke to the representatives, everything went smoothly. Although I haven’t had to use it, I wear the device 24/7, wherever I go, just in case.

July 28th, 2017 Pittston, PA

When I called Medical Guardian’s customer service, it took them a really long time to answer. If the fire department is knocking on the door and they have to call them, it’s going to take long to get an answer.