Medical Guardian verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.1

Call Now

Medical Guardian Promo

Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. We would highly recommend them, as they have clearly established themselves as the best company in the medical alert system industry.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Florence Scott

December 14th, 2017 Mineral Point, MO DETAILS

Since I had chest pains and I didn't have anybody with me to help me I decided to get it. I haven't had to use it yet, but when I accidentally hit the button the lady came along to make sure I was alright. It didn't take her long to answer either. They even gave me a discount for it. I know that I'm safe.

Garnet Szurek

December 14th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

My wife was having some balance problems and it was getting worst. We looked around for this kind of device since we wanted one and Medical Guardian seemed to have what we needed. I've only had it running for a couple of weeks. I love the device since it's pretty self contained. We used to have another one that had a smaller and lighter pendant, but you had to be near the base station for it to actually work and to talk to their people. With this one it's all in one piece. Since we got it for her she has fallen twice. When that has happened they call and do whatever is necessary, including calling the 911 folks. It's quite good and it does exactly what I expected it to do. I don't have any complaints about it.

Angie Rushing

December 14th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

At the time it just seemed like the best service, so we got it. I used it when I fell on the floor. It has been the best so far.

Glenda Martin

December 14th, 2017 Malakoff, TX DETAILS

I chose it because of the price. The people that I've talked to have been very nice and helpful, including when I called them to set it up. Thank god I haven't had to use it yet. Still, I've tested the device 4 different times and they've called me right back.

December 14th, 2017 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS

It covers me all over the country, that's why I went with it. I've only been using it for about a week now so I haven't had to use it much or contacted customer support. Still, I feel very comfortable with the people that that they have.

Yvonne Sterin

December 14th, 2017 Utica, NY DETAILS

I saw it advertised on T.V. and decided to get it. Customer support has been very respectful in explaining everything about the device and the way to use it. It all seems to work fine, though I can't be completely sure since we just got it hooked up. Still, it's like a life saver and I think that everyone needs something like this.

Bettie Kelly

December 14th, 2017 Greenfield, IN DETAILS

The service was recommended to us so we went with it. He wears it when I go out to do shopping and things like that. We haven't had to use it yet to call the emergency people. We've called to do tests and stuff though and they seem to have a very good response time. They were also very helpful on how to get things going. My mother used to have one that would not hold the charge all day long, but this one is so much better than that. It's more reliable and cheaper, so it's worth the money.

R.S.

December 14th, 2017 Mineral Ridge, OH DETAILS

I checked on the computer and found them. Usually I just put it on in the morning and take it off at night. Though I don't like that the device is bulky.

Yolanda Reyes

December 14th, 2017 Queens, NY DETAILS

I usually just put in to charge all night and use it all day. They give me good customer support and I've been very happy with the service. The price is also good, it's not too much money.

December 14th, 2017 Oak Bluffs, MA DETAILS

My husband did some shopping around and thought this would be best. I haven't had to use it yet, but the customer service people are very attentive and they get back to you as quickly as possible. The service has been responsive and responsible so far. The only thing is that I don't like carrying the big bulky device with me. I think it's the monitor or something but I've got to manage it and have it with me all the time.

Nelda Carr

December 14th, 2017 Mansfield, MO DETAILS

I went with them since the other one I was looking at was really expensive. That and everyone was saying I should just go with this one since they were cheaper. Since I don't have a whole lot of money and need this service I thought it would be a good company. We haven't had to use it yet, thank goodness, but if we ever need it it's right there. Customer service has answered all my questions and calls very quickly. They explained everything about the service and what was going to happen and everything.

December 14th, 2017 Hyde Park, UT

My son told me about it. I have not had to use it yet, but I guess it's ok.

Nancy Mylin

December 14th, 2017 Cockeysville, MD DETAILS

I compared the different devices that were out there and they were more or less what I wanted. I have not had to use it yet, but I think the service and the device are okay. I know I can use it in my home. I do think it's a little expensive.

James

December 14th, 2017 Millsboro, DE DETAILS

The price was the best part of it all. That was why I went with it. I've never had to use it, but I do wear it. As far as the device goes, the watch's band is a little too small for my liking. Customer support was helpful when I needed to get a new holder for the button. They sent that out a new one to me right away and it all works fine. I did have a problem with the alert thing though. We called them and it took some 24 or 30 rings to get someone on their end to answer the phone. Still, it seems like a good product.

Alfreda Johnson

December 14th, 2017 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

I happened to see a brochure about it in my doctor's office and after talking with my daughter we decided to call them. I've only had it for about a month and I haven't had to use it yet.

Elaine Potvin

December 14th, 2017 Marlborough, MA DETAILS

I got it mostly because I was encouraged to do so. I haven't had to use it, but I keep it with me just in case. I'm still getting used to bringing it with me wherever I go. Sometimes I go out with the piece around my neck but forget to take the piece that you use to communicate with them. It's got a bit of a learning curve. Every time I needed them they have been very accommodating and helpful. Their attitude seems to be just what it needs to be. It's an efficient service.

Patricia Matchette

December 14th, 2017 Milford, OH DETAILS

I heard about them and decided to sign up for it. I just got it two weeks ago and I use it whenever I'm in my house. I feel safe having it.

December 14th, 2017 Dayton, VA DETAILS

I got it in case I need it since I'm by myself a lot of the time. My wife works so the alert button is there so my son can come and help me. I have grown to trust them a lot. Whenever I call they get me the same manager and don't question me much. They are even willing to take the product back and give me a full reimbursement at any time if I ever want to discontinue the service. They always seem willing to answer any question I have. They're there to help me and always encourage me to test it at least once a month to make sure the device is working. I know that if something comes up later on, if I have an emergency or a crisis, I can give them a call with the button. I'm thankful that nothing has happened yet where I needed to use it, but I'm glad to have it if the need arises. Their rates are excellent and it has been worth the money that I spent on it. They've been very helpful.

Bill Bradley

December 14th, 2017 Hooksett, NH DETAILS

I was just looking around in the marketplace and they seemed to have the best value. They also meet all the needs I had in terms of emergency use. I use it everyday, especially since I take walks alone.

Margaret Schlepphorst

December 14th, 2017 Quincy, IL DETAILS

I did some online research and they looked like the best rated one and the most responsive to customer service. So, I got it for my mother. They have been very responsive, starting when we were setting it up. When we tested they were very quick to respond too. The device is easy to set it up and use.

Raymond Grode

December 14th, 2017 Watertown, SD DETAILS

I have a home health nurse and she is the one that recommended that device. I'm over 93 years old and I manage the farm or barn so my children thought it would be a good thing for me to have. I haven't had to use it yet, and I do hope I don't have to, but I think it's great. It's a good device.

Anna Descar

December 14th, 2017 Cole Camp, MO DETAILS

My daughter used to have one that wasn't working so she decided to get a different one for me. I had to use it on November 13th since my legs were bad and I fell. I pushed the button and they were pretty quick to get here and help me. I had to go to the hospital, but things went ok.

Frances Putt

December 14th, 2017 Columbus, MS

A friend recommended it to me. I've never had to use it or needed to contact customer support much but everyone has been very nice. The price seems to be a little high for the service though.

December 14th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I checked around and found out they were the cheapest company out there. I've never had to use it, but customer service is good. They walked me through the set up and testing of the thing and were very helpful.

Jennifer Pietrzyk

December 14th, 2017 NEKOOSA, WI DETAILS

My children researched it and recommended this one for me. On a typical day I put it on in the morning when I get up and wear it all day, including when I go into the shower. I take it off at night and put it in the charger when I go to bed. I've been very satisfied with the people that I've spoken to. They get me the information and help that I need. I've been very pleased with their attitude, courtesy, and expertise.

Ruth Palmer

December 14th, 2017 Greencastle, PA DETAILS

My niece purchased it for my mother. The device is simple to use, though there has been a bit of a learning curve for my mother. She's 97 but they have been really helpful with explaining things if needed. You can always get through to a real person. So far she hasn't had to use it yet but we've tested it twice already.

Barbara Scrivens

December 14th, 2017 New Kensington, PA DETAILS

My daughter ordered it for me. So far it has been great. Customer service was very patient with me the one time that I called them.

Thomas King

December 14th, 2017 Port Richey, FL DETAILS

My husband had just had cancer surgery and kept falling out of bed, so I just kind of picked a service out of the phone book. We haven't had to use it yet, thank god, but customer service is always there for us. The device is easy to use, not complicated at all. It's just great and I have a peace of mind knowing that it's available at all times.

Mila Gros

December 14th, 2017 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

I got it for my patient since she was looking for something that she could use for life alert. I'm not sure if she has actually used it yet, but I know she tests it once a month or so. We had to go through them several times to get the right piece. It took us 3 attempts to get that sorted out and get the device that we wanted. Still, it's useful for the patient and money-wise, it's probably worth it.

Moses Brissett

December 14th, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

The customer service and device are no good. It's not really working for me.

Michael Beebe

December 14th, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

I had just fallen over in my apartment and it took three and a half hours of me yelling to get my neighbors to help me. They picked up the spare key, opened the door, and helped me to my bed, but I learned my lesson then. I didn't want to go through that ever again, so I went ahead and got it. The pendant is working for me and I'm very happy with the service so far. I haven't had to use it for an emergency yet but I have called in to confirm with two different people that the device is activated and working properly. If I need to use it for some reason I can just call them from the system and they'll come and find me. I've already paid them for the next 3 months but I do hope I never have to use it. The support team has been very helpful in getting everything set up and activated. I don't have to worry anymore about passing out, falling, and hitting my head on the floor. I'm hoping I won't need to use their services, but when I feel really dizzy I can just use it to call an ambulance and get picked up. I don't have to figure out how to get help when I get a dizzy spell.

Bill Mller

December 14th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I saw an advertisement about them on T.V. so I called them. I have it to wear it around the house and it's comfortable. If I need them they contact me right away. I still need to rearrange some things though.

Catherine Gaudette

December 14th, 2017 St Albans City, VT DETAILS

I bring it with me wherever I go. I enjoy having it, it's very helpful.

Elle Johnson

December 14th, 2017 Sumtner, SC DETAILS

I was having a lot of issues and medical problems at the time, so when I saw it on T.V. I decided to give them a call. On an occasion I fell and couldn't get up for about 30 minutes or so. I called them and they got there right away. They were very helpful and acted quickly. I felt like I wasn't alone. Everyone seems focused on working with you and I have had no problems so far. They are very professional and I'm very comfortable and happy with them. It is very handy to have.

Loris Sherman

December 14th, 2017 Chester, VA DETAILS

I looked online and asked people their opinion as well before getting it. There was like a dollar or two of difference between them and other companies, so price wasn't really an issue. What mattered to me was their response time. When I had customer support do the set up I got a good response that came in a timely manner. It was all handled very nicely over the phone and they were very patient with me. We haven't had to use it but I wear it every day. It's a good thing.

Gracie Woodard

December 14th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Someone just called me on the phone about it and I decided to try it. I usually just use it in the evening but I haven't had to use it yet.

William Marvin

December 14th, 2017 Isle of Palms, SC DETAILS

On an occasion I was out feeding alligators in the back yard and this big gator jumped out of the pond and latched onto my leg. I screamed for my wife to get it off me and she was able to get it off of me. They are always sending me money and I think we have a good relationship with them.

William Record

December 14th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

At the time I was pretty desperate trying to find something that would be helpful. I had just fallen and was on the floor for seven hours because I had nothing to contact people. Someone mentioned it to me so I went ahead and called them. It's all working well, so far I haven't had any problem. They respond pretty well. I set it off accidentally a couple of times and they were very quick to respond. They made sure I was alright and it went ok. I'm glad I have it, especially after the incident that I mentioned. I feel much better now.

Betty Buzan

December 14th, 2017 Okeechobee, FL DETAILS

I used to have that same thing before and since it worked out okay I decided to get it again. I haven't had to use it, but I wear it. It's easy to carry and wear, it doesn't really bother me. It's good as far as I can see though. It's there if I ever need it.

Robbie J

December 14th, 2017 Anderson, SC DETAILS

My daughter was the one that did the research. She thought it was good judging from a lady she talked to so she went ahead and got it for me. I really haven't had to use it yet, so I don't really know how it's going to work.