Medical Guardian

verified

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees.* Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

ANNETTE WALKER
April 18th, 2019 Creola, AL

The watch is exactly what I need for my husband, he has dementia. With the help of the lady I talked to get it activated was very helpful.

G Downing
April 17th, 2019 Port Angeles, WA DETAILS

UPDATE on 4/16/19: I'm upgrading my rating to four stars, as the company reviewed my mother's account after my original comments were posted. As a result, the $35 restocking fee was refunded, thus covering my return shipping, and then some. Thank you. ORIGINAL COMMENTS: The I'm in a mood to give one star, but to be fair I'll give three, because my gripe is not about the emergency response, which is certainly most important with a medical alert system. My mother died less than 9 months after signing up (and prepaying for a year). I called immediately to cancel service. I was told to return the equipment, and an appropriate refund would be issued for the remaining 3 months, so I was expecting a refund of about $112. The phone agent asked that I insure the shipment for $350 (so I paid extra for that). I also thought it wise to get a signature confirmation on the shipment, so paid almost $18 total for USPS shipping fee. Six weeks later, still no refund, so I called to inquire. The phone agent says they cancelled service when the equipment was received -- the date she quoted was 13 days after the date USPS tracking information shows -- but more importantly, she states that no refund is due because my mother received a promotional rate at sign-up, receiving two free months, and there is a $35 restock fee. So I guess the two free months are applied to the END of the year, rather than the beginning, which is screwy. I'm really annoyed, and am sincerely wishing I hadn't bothered to return the equipment. I'd have $18 more in my pocket, and would feel slightly less like we've been cheated. And my refund would be exactly the same amount -- $0.00. In fairness, I'll say that the response was adequate when my mother tested the equipment. Thankfully she never had need to use it in an emergency. But I'm still ticked off.

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We first of all wanted to wish our condolences for your recent loss. We can definitely take a closer look at your concerns about the cancellations process if you provide us with a bit of additional information. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your mother's full name, address and phone number, we will take a closer look at what happened here when you called in to cancel. Thanks again for reaching out!

Tom K
April 17th, 2019

Found people very pleasant to talk to. All are very versed in their product. Would have rather had just one, call back number was not to person I talked to, representative.

Mp
April 17th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Only had device few and now. Testing time to respond to call seems longer than I would feel comfortable with.

Bette
April 17th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Everyone was very professional. All calls were answered promptly.

Connie Crawford
April 15th, 2019 Caldwell, KS DETAILS

Customer Servive and the products, value for the money

Cherie Wilson
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service, good price, easy to use

Charlotte Giles
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Poor customer service. Ebills sent on due date with incorrect amounts. Each representative is rude and tells you a different thing with each call.

Apr 16, 2019

Charlotte, thank you for your review. We apologize for the confusion surrounding the billing on your account. We would like to take a closer look at your concerns. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate the account in question? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the full name of the device user, their address and phone number, we will take a closer look at what happened with billing in this instance. Thank you!

Cathy Moore
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've tested my device a couple of times and the response time is to slow!! Also my first call button I wear around my neck had a default and went off by it self and I was told to put it in wrap it up and put it in the freezer so it would disconnect from the unit, while the company did overnight a new one. It made me uneasy, if there had been an emergency and I wasn't aware of the old one had a default I wouldn't have known. It also is a little to expensive for Seniors on a set income such as myself. I am actually thinking about looking into other companies, but my real concern is slow response time.

Apr 16, 2019

Cathy, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that your experience with one of our devices has not lived up to your expectations with regards to the response time. We would like to troubleshoot your device to make sure everything is working as it should. So we can best assist you, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the full name of the device user (if different), their address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thanks again for reaching out!

Carole and Richard Gaylord

excellent response time. much better than Phillips Lifeline device

Bruce Sorensen
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service is great. Luckily we have never had to use it, so I can not rate the emergency services. I took one star off for delivery. It took 10 days to teceive the equipment. Also the watch alarm is bulky.

Apr 16, 2019

Bruce, we hope you never need to use our services! We thank you for the additional feedback and are happy that you are satisfied overall. Have a lovely day!

Bob
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They don't listen to people. Online I asked for help so provided my email address and phone number, which are required. I received a voice mail message. I had my sister call them to tell them that I am speech impaired and that they should communicate with me by email. Never receive any emails but receive phone calls and messages almost every day.

Apr 16, 2019

Bob, we thank you for your feedback and apologize for the unwanted calls. This was done in error. If you are still interested in our services and would like for us to communicate out via email, please reply directly to this message with your full name and email address and we will be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Have a great day!

Avinash Sathaye
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I was very disappointed to find out that if I need to go outside the home, then I need to carry the base station (along with its charger) In addition to the band or pendant.

Apr 16, 2019

Avinash, thank you for reaching out. We offer a variety of device options to meet the needs of our customers. Looking at your account, it appears that you were able to discuss additional device options with our team after you wrote this review. It looks like you swapped to one of our all-in-one devices. We think this will be a great fit! Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again!

Anthony Martin
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer Service is top notch. Response to alerts are prompt and very caring and professional.

Andrew and Jane Skurya
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

While doing tests... people are very friendly.

Jorge Menocal
April 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

NEED TO DEVELOP LESS HEAVY EQUIPMENT, IT IS TO BALKY

Apr 17, 2019

Jorge, thank you for your review. We offer a variety of device options to meet the needs of our customers. We may have a device that is a better fit for your needs if you want something a bit smaller. If you are interested in hearing about other device options available to you, please reply directly to this message and we will have a member of our Customer Care team reach out. Have a great day!

John L
April 15th, 2019 Sun City West, AZ DETAILS

I would have done as well with a less expensive medical alert system & my cell phone.

Apr 17, 2019

John, thank you for your feedback. While cell phones are a great tool, they don't offer some of the benefits of our devices. This includes the ability to take our devices into the shower and easy one-button access to emergency services with one of our wearable buttons. We also have a variety of device options to meet the needs of our customers. Maybe another one of our devices might be a better fit. If you are interested in hearing about other device options available to you, please reply to this message with your full name, address and phone number and we will be in touch. Have a lovely day!

Janet
April 15th, 2019 Melbourne, FL DETAILS

Had some issues, we worked them out. The emergency notice did not work every time.

Apr 17, 2019

Janet, thank you for your review. We're happy we were able to address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other needs. Feel free to reply directly to this message if that is easiest. Thanks again!

James Oblander
April 15th, 2019 Toledo, OH DETAILS

quick accurate response,Very pleasant person was very helpful in notifying 911 and others.

Jack Vogel
April 15th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

difficulty with mobile device and lock box. Needed to send me a new lockbox

Apr 17, 2019

Jack, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry that you had issues with the lockbox but are happy we were able to resolve that issue for you and get you a new lockbox sent out. You can reply directly to this message if you have any additional needs. Have a great day!

Hope
April 15th, 2019 Converse, TX DETAILS

Although I have not had a need to use it for emergency purposes, I am glad that I had a choice to make a primary family member as first responder before EMS showed up.

Helen Mastrorilli
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Their customer service is exceptional. All my questions are answered immediately.

gene
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Efficient, low cost reponsive to needs and answers questions quickly

Elizabeth St Jean
April 15th, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS

They provide fast friendly and economical service

Elizabeth Haas
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Devise went off multiple times when I hadn't fallen; customer service ( once they answered) said, "that happens".so I discontinued that part of the service.

Apr 17, 2019

Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback. While fall detection is a great technology, it is prone to false alarms, particularly for active customers. We hope that you are otherwise satisfied with your service, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply directly to this message. Thanks again for reaching out!

Dorothy Ray
April 15th, 2019 Bell, FL DETAILS

when i had it before, medical help was there with-in minutes.They were very helpful & very nice. That is why i ppurchased it again when i needed it.

Apr 17, 2019

Dorothy, we're happy we were able to be there for you when you needed us! We hope you are doing well. Thanks for the review!

Derek Turner
April 15th, 2019 Chester, SC DETAILS

Easy Installation and easy access. Have not used it yet but expect good results

Debra King
April 15th, 2019 Warsaw, IN DETAILS

They meet all our needs and are always kind and helpful

Deborah Radi
April 15th, 2019 Grand Forks, ND DETAILS

The watch doesn't work and it doesn't stay charged

Apr 17, 2019

Deborah, thank you for your review. We see that you were able to get in touch with our team about your technical concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns.

D. Clark
April 15th, 2019 Charleston, WV DETAILS

Only had it for short time. First call took too long to answer me.

Shirley Lettich
April 15th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS

Everything works great, however that blinking light should be stationary.

Sherri Chabino
April 15th, 2019 Norman, OK DETAILS

Response time and they helped me get to correct hospital. They asked EMT if I could go to certain hospital before ambulance even arrived.

Sandra Bailey
April 15th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

The device is way to big to wear around my neck.

Apr 17, 2019

Sandra, thank you for reaching out. A member of our Customer Care team will be in touch to discuss additional device options with you see if we have something that may be a better fit for you. Thanks again for the feedback!

sallye petruchyk
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

you never responded to my question about prices

Apr 17, 2019

Sallye, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not receive the answers you were seeking in regards to pricing. Feel free to check out the base monthly pricing for each of our products at the link below. It also provides a basic overview of the features available for each device. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions: https://www.medicalguardian.com/products

Rosalie Mebane
April 15th, 2019 Okatie, SC DETAILS

I like wearing the bracelet which gives me the time, temperature and the calendar, as well as the help button. The charging time is also quick.

Richard A Renihan
April 15th, 2019 Greenville, NY DETAILS

Works as advertised away from home.and understandable and knowledge employees.

Rae Ann Reese
April 15th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Pleasant people. When I need then - they are there.

Paula
April 15th, 2019 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS

Need more consistent communication between what sales people say and actual response. Was told I would receive a call before 911 was called but 911 was already on the way. I was glad and like 911 to go immediately.

Apr 17, 2019

Paula, we apologize for the confusion. Customers do have the option of setting up their accounts so emergency contacts are reached out to prior to contacting 911. By default everything is set-up the other way around, so 911 is contacted and then emergency contacts. It sounds like your account set up to your liking, but if that is not the case, please reply directly to this message and we will call about updating your account settings. Please reply with the full name of the device user, their name and address if you wish to make changes. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thanks for the feedback!

pattyb
April 15th, 2019 Flinton, PA DETAILS

I'm having trouble with the metal used in the neckpiece. First of all I couldn't use their nylon cord b.c. it was too long, even shortened as far as it would go. I replaced it with a sterling silver necklace. The metal in the Guardian that connects to the device gives me hives. Other than that, it seems like a good product.

Apr 17, 2019

Patty, we're happy that you're satisfied overall. If you are still having issues with allergies, please reach back out. If you can provide us with your full name, address and phone number we will be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thank you for your feedback!

Olivia Coleman
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Device not working; after three days a new device will be sent

Apr 17, 2019

Olivia, thank you for your feedback. Looking at your account, it appears you were able to successfully activate your replacement device. Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any additional concerns. Have a lovely day!

Margaret Rose Bourlier
April 15th, 2019 Watervliet, MI DETAILS

They were very thorough in answering all my questions. And very understanding when I accidentally hit the call button.

LoTempio., E. A.
April 15th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Secure, professional handling of applying for service

Kent Sanders
April 15th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I have fallen 3 times & your people were very quick & professional getting 911 help to me.

Apr 17, 2019

Kent, thanks for the review. We're happy that we have been able to be there for you when you've experienced a fall. Stay safe!

Julie Nielsen
April 15th, 2019 Stevens Point, WI DETAILS

The first test we did was fine, the 2nd test connected as a different person and different address. We have only had this system not even 3 months yet and already the necklace button doesn't work. Thankfully we got the wrist band too and that still works! Couldn't get through to customer service about being connected to the wrong person, but did leave a message and was called back the next day and it was fixed. However, the necklace button still doesn't work when we re-tested.

Apr 17, 2019

Julie, we thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you experienced some technical difficulties with both the wrist band and with regards to account information. We're happy the account issue was resolved but want to make sure that the wrist band functions as it should. We will be in touch shortly to help resolve this issue for you. Have a great day!

Sondra Torres
April 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

One time I tested it.. it rang several times then disconnected. About a minute later I got a call back but it was unsettling.

Apr 17, 2019

Sondra, thank you for your review. Our Customer Care team will be in touch to help troubleshoot your device to make sure everything is working as it should. Have a lovely day!

Wilbur Headen
April 15th, 2019 Maple Heights, OH DETAILS

No problems so far, seems to work well. When testing he reliability of the unit the results are satisfactory

Virginia Glatz
April 15th, 2019 Buena Vista, CO DETAILS

I t works from the farthest distances in my home

Stephen
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

It's good to know someone is there anywhere you go. Your not restricted to your home, and care givers can find wandering loved ones!

Kathy Davis
April 15th, 2019 Sonora, CA

We have decided not to get any service at this time. All I wanted is a pamphlet of Info, so I could compare it to others, but I understand you either can't or won't send out a pamphlet. I want something that covers more than 600 feet as I walk a lot down town which is about a mile or more. I got that figure from you website. Your rep said it would cover anywhere, whom do I believe? Your website or your rep? Thanks Kathy

Apr 17, 2019

Kathy, thank you for your feedback. While we don't send out paper pamphlets, we can email you if you would like. If you remain interested in our products, simply reply to this message with your email address and we will send one over. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. We also apologize for the confusion about the range of our products. While we do have products with a finite range for in-home use, we also offer products that can be taken with you wherever you go. The unit with the 600-foot range you are referencing is our Home Guardian. It is a great product, but will not protect you if you are outside of that 600-foot range. We have three separate devices designed for on-the-go use that may be of further interest to you. Please feel free to reply to this message with any additional questions you have about our service. Have a great day!

Kenneth
April 14th, 2019 Niagara Falls, NY DETAILS

I like that I can use this in the car. Everything seems fine so far.