Medical Guardian

verified

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees.* Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Pat
March 21st, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM

Thank you for your professionalism in helping me decide on a Medical Guardian device, even though I live where there are other people available ready to assist me, I feel safer.

Lois
March 21st, 2019 Savannah, GA DETAILS

Medical Guardian cares about your well being, and when customer service calls to respond to an alarm, they are very concerned with your health.

Phyllis
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I am able to relax with the service that Medical Guardian offers and we are happy with the amount that we are paying for it.

Jane
March 21st, 2019 Selinsgrove, PA DETAILS

I share the service with all of my friends because I like it. I think that the payments are a little high for a year.

Donna
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

If I have a question I can call and get an answer. I'm comfortable with the device now that I have it.

Brana
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service was very helpful in getting the device set up.

Katherine
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Everybody answers calls promptly, and keeps me informed on my account. Every time I have called, they have been very informative. The device is easy to use and unobtrusive.

Barbara
March 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I am still new to the service, but I have tested the alarm, and customer service helped me work out any kinks that I had.

Paula Robinson
March 21st, 2019 Stillwater, OK DETAILS

Friendly staff, explains the use of the equipment. Setting up is easy and response calls during testing were audible. Having a metal roof may reduce signal (my cell phone especially) and Medical Guardian is aware.But, it worked during testing. I like that it can be used across the country. Has GPS. I was reviewing the other brands and the reviews for MG were the most favorable. I have yearly payment scheduled.I can cancel any time. Delivery. Was fast.

Theresa V
March 20th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA

I ‘ve had my Medical Guardian only one week, so far all are pleasant and efficient. When calling to test equipment they even say your name when determining if help is needed! Equipment is small and best of all you can replace their wristband with a band of your choice of band. I chose a expanding watch band so it can be pushed up when doing dishes. Don’t prefer necklaces types.

Carmela Kearse
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Necklace tangles & fail once no call back

Mar 18, 2019

Carmela, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you have had some issues with your device. It appears you were able to connect with our Customer Care team after writing this review. We hope that they have been able to resolve your concerns with your button. If you are still having issues, please feel free to reply directly to this message. Have a great day!

Marilyn Jackson Judy's sister
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

it needs to alarm when they fall she is not able to push the button at times

Mar 19, 2019

Marilyn, thank you for reaching out. We offer a variety of products to meet the needs of our customers and offer fall detection as an option for those who may not be able to push their button at times during a fall. If you are interested in hearing more about options available to your sister, please reply directly to this message with your sister's full name, address, and primary phone number. If you want us to discuss these options directly with you, be sure to include your phone number in your response as well. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thanks for the review!

Dr. Fredricka Reisman
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

It was easy to get. They were very helpful.

Mary Stearns
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

They were efficient they answered questions timely

Leslie Watson
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

O haven't had to use it yet, but a representative called me and helped me test it. They seem very helpful.

Linda sharpe
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

The equipment is super. the customer service is responsive

Valerie Griffith
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

When I did a test I learned they had my name and address listed wrong.thank God I did not need it for an emergency because there would have been no help for me

Mar 19, 2019

Valerie, thank you for your review. We're sorry for the confusion surrounding your name. If this issue has not yet been resolved, please reply directly to this message with your address and primary phone number and we will be in touch. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thank you for reaching out!

Georgia Gallagher
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Our materials did not all arrive when promised, I had to request my husband's. The numbers on the lock box are hard to see.

Mar 19, 2019

Georgia, thank you for your review. We're sorry that you experienced delays with regards to when your unit was received, but are happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you. If you are still having issues with your lockbox, we can have a member of our Customer Care team reach out to help out. Please reply directly to this message if you still need assistance with that or anything else. Have a great day!

paul
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

I had taken a fall last month (not injured, just not able to get up), the service was prompt, courteous and caring. I only give it a 4 only because I asked that she sent only an ambulance crew for help getting up only and she sent fire and EMS. I had fallen in the past and been able to get lift assist by EMS only. I just feel it was a waste of services to send both.

Mar 19, 2019

Paul, thank you for your review. We're happy that we were able to get you help during your most recent fall. We're also relieved that you are not injured. With regards to your concern about the additional services that were sent to your door, we can look more closely at what occurred here. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thanks again for reaching out!

Dean East
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Very reliable. I accidentally pushed the button and was immediately contacted.

Rachel Morrison
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to set up, and give our family peace of mind.

Brianne Stephens
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Buttons could be easier to push, hard to get through to customer service, my watch was off line and how waould I know how to upgrade the software??

Mar 19, 2019

Brianne, thank you for reaching out. We can definitely help you out if you are still having technical concerns with your device. Simply reply directly to this message with the full name of the device user (if different than your own), their address and primary phone number. Thanks again for your feedback!

Sara Bills
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy set up and simple use, great customer service everytime

Kelly Hogenson
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

When mom fell, they contacted us when she did not respond to them trying to get a hold of her promptly. If it wasn't for guardian, no telling how long mom would've been on the floor before somebody came to help her. We are so thankful for guardian alert.

Mar 19, 2019

Kelly, we're happy that we were able to help out when your mother needed help. We hope that she is doing well. Have a great day!

Carol J. Meltz
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

So far, so good! We have not had to actually use the device.

March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Did not go off when my mom fell 3 times.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that your mother did not get the help she needed when she fell. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look further into your concerns. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate your mother's account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with her full name, address and phone number, we will look more closely at your concerns. Also feel free to provide any additional context, such as the dates of the incidents in question. Thanks again for reaching out!

Roberta. M Hart
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Tried to call customer service and no one answered. Husband fell this morning and the response was immediate.

Mar 19, 2019

Roberta, we're happy that we were able to be of assistance to your husband when he experienced a fall. We hope that he is doing well. We're sorry that you had difficulties reaching our customer care team, but we assure you that he will continue to be covered in an emergency situation. If you still have any needs to discuss with our Customer Care team, feel free to reply directly to this message and we will be in touch. Thanks for the review!

L. Kelly
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Because the system is Bright and such a helpful aide!

rois de shazo sr
March 18th, 2019 DETAILS

The service has worked well. However, Edith prefers the wrist band to wearing something around her neck - but the band will not stay in place. The two plastic straps that supposedly hold it in place, do not. It slips out and bothers her. I also think you are a little slow answering calls.

Mar 19, 2019

Rois, thank you for your review. With regards to the band for her wristband, you could bring the button to a watch repair shop to replace the band with something that better meets your needs. With regards to response speed, Edith should be getting a response from one of our highly trained operators in under 60 seconds under normal circumstances. Please reply directly to this message if that is not the case or if you have any other issues you would like our team to look into for you. Wishing you both a lovely day.

KAREN LUNSFORD
March 19th, 2019 Gregory, MI

Contacted MG by e-mail at 9:30 PM. Rep almost immediately called while I was getting ready for bed and had soap on my face. Asked him to call back in 10 min. He agreed. I waited up for an hour. He never called back until several days later. Recognized voice and asked if he was the one who said he would call back in 10 min. and he said yes. Said I did not want to deal with him and would like for someone else to call me. He never followed through. If that man represents MG, I don't think much of their customer service. A friend had recommended MG but I got a rude rep and it sure can influence a person's view of the company. I may contact them again when I'm not so ticked off and make sure it's not the same guy.

Mar 20, 2019

Karen, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry you did not receive a call back at the requested time. We are currently looking into your concerns to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Have a great day!

jack ayers
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

two bands broke in the same place after 3 weeks of use G S refused to replace them

Mar 14, 2019

Jack, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you've had difficulties with our products. We would like to take a closer look at what occurred here to see if we can help out. So we can better research your particular situation, would you be willing to help us locate the account in question? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with the full name of the device user (if different than your own), their address and phone number, we will be in touch. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a great day!

J.Braxton
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

It's not the service itself, it's the beginning process of it all .The customer service Rep. She really did want to answer my questions,was snappy; rushy.I was telling her about the information from Guardian's Commercial that's what made me call in after researching this company.The customer service Rep.told me about the activation frees/shipping & assured me about the commercials 1st month free ,but when I activated the system not even a few days 2/3days I get email they charged my debit card for the first months payment ???? After she had changed my card the day I put the order in as well as me asking her a few times before her sending the very 1st.charge for the equipment.When you get pushy Customer Service Representatives that makes the overall Company look bad !!

Mar 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the confusion surrounding our 1-month free promo. This promo is currently available to customers who pre-pay for a full year, which is likely why your account was charged up front. We are sorry that your overall experience with our team was not a good one for you. So we can look more closely at your concerns, would you be able to help us in locating your account? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publicly. If you could provide us with your full name, address and phone number, we will take a look at your concerns. Thanks again for reaching out. Have a great day!

Anna G. Hannah
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Efficient, friendly staff, quick installation of product

George Stuckey
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Because it works every time, and the service is great.

Candy Smith
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

They did not have correct phone # or address for my mom. Thankfully the issue was taken care of early on.

Mar 14, 2019

Candy, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that we did not correctly input your mother's information initially, but we're happy we were able to resolve this for you both. Please don't hesitate to reach back out, you can reply directly to this message, if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a lovely day!

Bruce Hasforth
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

I had problems getting the watch to work with the app from my phone and they stayed with the problem until it was resolved

Bill Martin
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good customer service. Please take people to deal with.

Arthe Kelly
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

helpful and prompt, very good response time and the customer service is very good

David DuBois
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

I didn't know I had to carry the speaking into/cell phone size box aling with the pendant

Mar 14, 2019

David, thank you for the feedback. We offer a variety of devices to meet the needs of our customers. We offer devices designed for on-the-go use that allow you to just carry the wearable button. If you are interested in hearing more about other product options available to you, please reply directly to this message with your account information. This would include your address and phone number. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Thanks again for reaching out!

Vickie Kahler (for parents/loved ones)
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

The company seems to be very thorough and when we did the intitial testing of the equipment, the service responded immediately and was very helpful with the set up as well as the operation of everything.

Susan
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Clear instructions; pleasant, patient customer care during setup; very fast response when response/medical service neede.

Sharon Herd
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Sell department was wonderful The follow up was great. Representatives were very professional.

Melissa
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service, super patient and very kind and helpful.

Kimberly
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service however you cannot hear a very weak voice over the speaker.

Judy Trittler
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

It spends most of its time with me recharging. Doesn't hold a charge and I want to return it to get my money back.

Mar 14, 2019

Judy, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you've been having some technical issues with your device. We will have a member of our Cancellations Department reach out to help you out with your request. Have a good day!

John gihlstorf
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Equipment doesn't work I've used four pieces of their equipment and in each instance one piece failed.

Mar 14, 2019

John, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to the technical issues you've experienced. We took a look at your account and see that you were able to discuss your concerns with our technical support team and it appears they were able to get this fixed for you. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any additional concerns. Have a great day!

John
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

My mom accidentally set it off and everyone responded the they were supposed to

James F Stoddard

Efficient ,Prompt, Courteous, what else can I say

Traci Westman
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

We have had to use them 2 times in the last month and they were fantastic!!

Susan K.
March 13th, 2019 DETAILS

my watch needed to be "rebooted" too often to keep it working. Then it was determined there was not enough coverage where I live for it to work as advertised.

Mar 14, 2019

Susan, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced technical issues with one of our devices and that signal strength at your location was not sufficient for everything to work as it should. We do offer a device option for those with a landline and limited cellular coverage. If you are interested in hearing more about this option, please reply directly to this message. Thank you again for reaching out.