Medical Guardian

9.5

11 hours ago

Medical Guardian

verified
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian Promo

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.
  • Systems: Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center. Medical Guardian
  • Fall Detection: Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection standard except for the Mobile Guardian system.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.
  • Money-Back Guarantee: As of January 2018, Medical Guardian offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with the product.

The Bad

• No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Lois
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The response time is really good and it's easy to use.

Ed
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They were very helpful in setting it up and it seems like a good system.

Rolando
July 17th, 2018

They send the thing in the mail and you're good to go within like 5-6 days. It's simple for people who are old.

George
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I've been very satisfied with the people we've talked to, they've been very helpful.

July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I got this after falling in my bathtub and being stuck there for three hours without anyone answering me. Now, I can go any place and I know that I can get help. It was very easy to talk to them and order it and set it all up.

D&B
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It's easy to push the button to use. It's nice that it reaches out to the rural areas.

Shirley
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They were extrememly helpful from the first time I contacted them. We got the product right away and had no problem setting it up.

Bob
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They always want to make sure that everything is working fine. We are comfortable getting in touch with them and with the devices. They seem to have been on top of everything from the moment we activated it all.

Anne
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When we call to check, everybody is responsive. They gave me a phone number so that other people can put it in their phone as a contact.

Susan
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I just wear the bracelet or put it in my pocket. I use the larger one if I ever leave home. I've had good conversations with them when I was setting it up, they're very good at exlaining how everything works.

Alice
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

There's quite a length of time on the phone calls, but they've been responsive and send replacements.

July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

The only issue I have is the unnecessary calls that are required. It did what it was supposed to do, but it is a little pricey.

Gail
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I've used it 4 times, each time I didn't need it, apparently I turn it on frequently. They are very polite, on time, and just kind. They answer quickly and are very efficient.

Phil
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I wear it mostly around my neck, and they are very prompt and courteous when you call in to make a test. It's a bit smaller than others, and it's very easy to use. The fact that it has a GPS on it is quite a benefit.

Rita
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They've answered my questions every time I have called.

Nancy
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

I work out in the yard a lot and I am able to keep it with me all the time. They are very dependable and answer quickly. I test it once a month and everything works fine.

Roberta Sharon
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It came promptly in the mail and was easy to set up with their help. It's better than this local one we had, and cheaper too.

John
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When we originally ordered this for my father he ended up in the hospital. I called and asked if I could suspended the service until he got home and they said yes, they put in suspension because we hadn't even taken it out of the box yet so they put it in suspension for thirty days and told me to call back. In that thirty day period someone else from the company continued to call my mom to say "you didn't set up your medical guardian". That was a little bit of frustration to my mom don't understand. I felt like there was a little bit of a lack of communication or something between the departments.

John
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They were johnny on the spot and answered immediately. We did have an occasion where my husband was putting an end into the charger it correctly and the battery shut down and they notified us right away with an email to let us know what we needed to take care of that and they also notified the other contact people on the list.

Benny
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When we initialized it, there was somewhat of a delay. The person did not get on the line right away. I told her that we wanted to see if it worked and she connected us with it and there was probably about a two minute delay which made me wonder about you know if my father really needed assistance if that we're going to the real effective.

Phyllis
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They've answered right back immediately to make sure that there wasn't a problem. It was fast.

Josephine
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

It has to be attached or connected with the radio base or transmitter. For a senior, to have to remember to take the transmitter with them is a little bit of a concern.

Sheri
July 17th, 2018

They explain the products very well and when I called to activate the device they were very helpful.

July 17th, 2018

I didn't get the device as soon as I had hoped. It was almost two weeks before I received it.

Raymond
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

Anytime you call them they've been very pleasant very helpful the couple of times and I've been with my dad to do a test of the system they've also been very very kind and very helpful. I was going to be out of town for a week and I just called them in and switch to contact information which was very easy and then when I got back just you know called him back and they switched it back so with no hassle so that was that was good to know

Eileen
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

When I hooked it up they were very helpful and it worked out good.

July 17th, 2018 Great Neck, NY DETAILS

It seems to much more functional than what I had previously.

Dixie
July 17th, 2018 Laguna Beach, CA DETAILS

My biggest problem is remembering when I go out to take the bass part with me. I'm getting better at it but it's a little bit of a learning curve.

Dolores
July 17th, 2018 Willow Grove, PA DETAILS

Medical Alert called and stayed on the line. Actually, my sister had called for my mother. They stayed on the line and provided her information. They stayed on the line until the ambulance had gotten there. Right after the ambulance had gotten there, they had actually called me since I was the first emergency contact

Daris
July 17th, 2018 Hiwassee, VA DETAILS

It is mobile and it picks up well in a remote area.

Charrie
July 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I chose Medical Guardian because the device followed me around more than what I had before. I can go places where my other one wouldn't let me go.

Joyce
July 17th, 2018 Anoka, MN DETAILS

My mother wears this all day. The customer support seems to be there anytime she touches the equipment. They answer her questions right away. I do think there should be a couple more options for different watch bands. The black lanyard piece on the necklace is too long and trying to find something else gets difficult.

Bob
July 17th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

This device supports people who fall. We picked Medical Guardian for the price and my father uses it all the time. Plus, the customer service reps answer quickly when alerted by the system.

Dorothy
July 17th, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS

Whenever I need some assistance or I have a question they are always available to answer me in whatever way I need it.

Lona
July 17th, 2018 Mountain Home, ID DETAILS

It was easy to set up and and test and everything so it turned out to be exactly what we're looking for.

July 17th, 2018 Findlay, OH DETAILS

I've only had to talk to customer service when I set it up and they were wonderful. They walked me through it.

Jeanette
July 17th, 2018 Gardnerville, NV DETAILS

I rate this product high because I can carry it with me and I've got it with me at all times.

Mary
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They were really fast getting the getting the device here and walked me through it and everything. It was pretty easy.

joyce
July 17th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

We have never used a device like this. The company made it very simple and made sure we understood everything that was needed. Very respectful.

Peggy Roush
July 17th, 2018 Chillicothe, OH

I have only had it for a short time but when I accidentally pushed my button they were very pleasant and made me feel that I had not committed a federal crime.