Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

$100 Guarantee

Medical Guardian

verified
$100 Guarantee
Medical Guardian is currently offering a special promotion to BestCompany visitors. See details below.

Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry.

The Good

• Price
  • New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals
  • Systems
  • Fall Detection
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge*, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Price

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation fees associated with setting up the account.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, an emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system.

Contract

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out.

Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.

Monitoring

Medical Guardian has a 24/7 monitoring service and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication standard.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment*, and free shipping at checkout.

Risk Assessment

Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. It has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

*Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. The company's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

John
January 17th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

It's convenient and the response is good and quick.

January 17th, 2019 Big Bend, WI DETAILS

This had the kind of options that were appropriate for our needs. My mother wears the wrist band and she can easily use it.

John
January 17th, 2019 Marion, OH DETAILS

During the initiation they were very helpful and understanding.

Barbara
January 17th, 2019 Sheboygan, WI DETAILS

I can tell by the lights on the device that it's always working properly. They've been extremely helpful anytime I have needed them.

David
January 17th, 2019 Thomaston, GA DETAILS

They're a very good company to use, they're always there when I need them.

Edna
January 17th, 2019 Bardstown, KY DETAILS

It's very small and it was easy to get it started.

Edward
January 17th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

They always answer immediately and stay on the line with you.

Naomi
January 17th, 2019 Macomb, MI DETAILS

The staff is always willing to help and are knowledgeable. I like that it is waterproof and safe from the bathtub.

Janet
January 17th, 2019 North Lewisburg, OH DETAILS

Each time I've called they've been courteous. It seems to work in my area and I feel comfortable using it.

Jane
January 17th, 2019 Anamosa, IA DETAILS

It's light and easy to wear. It's always reliable and I'm sure they'll respond in case I need them.

Kathy
January 17th, 2019 Decatur, IL DETAILS

I can use it when I'm at home or not, I don't have to be in a certain place to use it.

Sandi
January 17th, 2019 Nokomis, FL DETAILS

The device is waterproof, so I can take it into the shower.

Mary Jane
January 17th, 2019 Rochester, NY DETAILS

I've talked to them on the phone a few times and they're there if you need them.

Judi
January 17th, 2019 Lemoore, CA DETAILS

The actual device is fine, it's like any other medical alert device. But, the employees are rude.

Peter
January 17th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

I've been using it for a long time, I wear it around my neck and everything is fine.

Fernando
January 17th, 2019 Bellflower, CA DETAILS

It had good signal and it answers quickly. I'm very happy with them and I would recommend it to anybody.

Catharine
January 17th, 2019 Boerne, TX DETAILS

In order to use it, I have to carry the little charger device. It's too inconvenient, I thought all I would have to carry is the button. I don't get quick service either.

Jan 18, 2019

Catharine, thank you for the feedback. We're sorry that the device you currently have does not meet your needs. We did want to point out that we offer a variety of products to meet a variety of needs. We currently offer two devices for on the go use that are all-in-one devices, where you wouldn't need to carry any additional pieces while on the move. If you are interested in hearing more about additional products in our product line, please reply directly to this message with your full name, address, and phone number and we will have a member of our Customer Care team reach out to discuss device options with you. Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. Have a great weekend!

Irma
January 17th, 2019 Dateland, AZ DETAILS

The only thing I'm not happy with is I have to carry the whole speaker with me instead of just the bracelet. But, they've been very helpful which is nice.

Daniel
January 17th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS

Everything was easy to understand. They are patient and knowledgeable.

Martha
January 17th, 2019 Wilsonville, OR DETAILS

I like that there's the GPS unit my mother could take that will provide access to conversation if she fell or anything.

Douglas
January 17th, 2019 Chickasha, OK DETAILS

They have been courteous, helpful, and I'm satisfied with them.

Kenny
January 17th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

When they notice something happening they respond immediately.

Ann H
January 17th, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS

This had a lot of the features I wanted, for example being able to take it with you if you want. They've answered all my questions and they really seem to listen.

Robin Revis
January 17th, 2019 Marion, NC

All the reps were nice but no one told.me that my dad had to have an AT and T tower for the device to work. I told all of them he only had a cell phone and no driving and line. Now we have to send it back.

Jan 18, 2019

Robin, thank you for the review. We're sorry that our device did not work out for your father. We are sending this feedback over to our Sales team to ensure that others don't have the same experience as you both did. We wish you both the best going forward. Have a great day!

William Silsby
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent Service and telephone customer and sales services

Karen Davis
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I wanted GPS capable help me I've fallen button. My system came with GPS and with us a necklace and a wristband. A lock box also came with it, however, that cannot be opened with the combination that came with it. The unit was sent to me by priority mail. I called the company and their representative helped me set it up and test it. He was very knowledgeable and very helpful. We also set up an automatic deduction from my checking account to pay for the service. I prefer this to having to pay a credit card each month. The equipment was free, that means I did not have to pay out right for the equipment. It is also warranty against damage and defect. So far, I have not needed to use the system. However, I have tested it and the response is reasonably quick. For the present time, I will stay with medical guardian.

Kim
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to use. Friendly staff when I check device.

Elbert Powell
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Responded fast....the staff was professional and polite.

Margaret Parsons
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to install and use. I feel safer with the system on for quick use.

Patricia Zaferes
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good to work with. Quality of product.

Diane Purdy
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They stand by their products and are extremely easy to work with

Mindy Hunt
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service provided . Have not had to use the device yet but am happy with equipment and set up

PennyH
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They have a quick response time and are always very pleasant.

Richard Mathes
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Affordable , friendly, great value for the money

Susan Fuhrmann
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

the people they got us set up for my parents were all very nice on the phone not pushy on the sales pitch and it is a peach of mind for my brother and I.

Marcia Crowe
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I had to use this and I was surprised at how quickly the paramedics arrived.

Jan 17, 2019

Marcia, we're happy to have been there when you needed us. Thanks for the review!

Sue Saltvick
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I got the Medical Guardian for my sister and, fortunately, she has not had to use it. So all I can do is rate the process of getting it, and that was excellent. The man I worked with was very courteous and helpful.

Lori Mortier
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

Great experiences with customer service and responses to need

Nancy Damberg
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They have been very helpful with setting up our medical alert system

Donald Mathison
January 17th, 2019 DETAILS

They are difficult to reach by phone, will NOT stop their sales pitch when I call (and my call has NOTHING to do with sales.

Jan 17, 2019

Donald, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry that you are receiving unwanted sales pitches. We would like to take a closer look at your concerns. Would you mind helping us by providing us with some additional information? Any information shared in your response will not be posted publically. If you could provide us with the phone number used to reach out to our time, we will look into your concerns. Have a lovely day!