Medical Guardian has been an authority in fall detection since they opened their doors in 2005. The in-home medical alert company offers medical alert systems for those who may need emergency services on the go as well as at home. The company also has CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe. Currently, Medical Guardian is considered one of the best medical alert companies in the medical alert device industry. Medical Guardian has low monthly monitoring rates ranging from $29.95 - $49.95, and the company does not charge any activation or equipment fees**. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert company.

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Good

• Medical Guardian Cost
  • Systems
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • No Long-Term Contracts
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Customer Service
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring
  • The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian members get alert equipment free of charge**, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

Medical Guardian Cost

Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges between $29.95 and $49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no activation or equipment fees associated with setting up the account. Medical Guardian offers lower monitoring fees with more extensive features and equipment compared to its competitors, making the company one of the most quality and affordable medical alert options in the industry.

New 2019 Medical Guardian Deals

As of January 1, 2019, Medical Guardian is offering a new batch of deals. The medical alert company wanted to offer its customers more diverse billing cycles and offers. Medical Guardian's top-notch service combined with these exciting new offers and new billing cycle continues to set Medical Guardian apart from the competition.

NEW MG Offer Details:

• Monthly - No Add-Ons
  • Quarterly - Free Ground Shipping
  • Semi-Annual - Free Ground Shipping & Free Lockbox
  • Annual - 1 Month Free, Free 2nd button, Free Lockbox, Free Ground Shipping

Special Offers

If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment**, and free shipping at checkout. This means you don't have to pay any upfront fees for your medical alert system.

Systems

Every Medical Guardian medical alert system is identical in that they have a base station, a wearable emergency button, and provide two-way communication. Each system also has a backup battery that has a battery life of at least 24 hours. However, systems like the Mobile Guardian device operate on a cellular network that allows you to take the alert button and miniature base station anywhere. Systems like the basic Classic Guardian operate on a landline connection and have an alert button that can be worn as a wristband or pendant. When the emergency button is activated, you're immediately put in contact with a representative at Medical Guardian's certified monitoring center.

Automatic Fall Detection

Every Medical Guardian alert system offers fall detection except for the Mobile Guardian system. Fall detection pendants are equipped with a sensor that is triggered any time a fall occurs, which then immediately sends a signal to Medical Guardian's monitoring center informing them of the emergency.

No Long-Term Contracts

Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge. As opposed to companies such as Life Alert, you won't be locked into any long-term contracts with the expectation of buying out. This allows customers to try out Medical Guardian to see if it is the right medical alert provider for them.

Lifetime Warranty

Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty on all its products. If for some reason the equipment is damaged or malfunctions, Medical Guardian will replace it free of charge. Having free equipment and a lifetime warranty on all products ensures money for equipment never has to come out of the customer's pocket.

CSAA Five Diamond Certified 24/7 Monitoring

100% of Medical Guardian's central station monitoring center operators are certified and committed to CSAA's five points of excellence. This can provide peace of mind to medical alert owners knowing they can rely on Medical Guardian's services. Service monitoring is 24/7, and Medical Guardian even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help. Every system offers two-way communication.

Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.

The Freedom Guardian

Medical Guardian has a new high-tech medical alert device that is a smartwatch for seniors called The Freedom Guardian. This new medical alert watch is designed to be sleek and convenient to wear every day. The Freedom Guardian doesn't need a base unit to connect to, and you can wear it with you anywhere you go. Caregivers or family members can download the Companion mobile app to communicate with Freedom Guardian wearers at any time as well as track their current location.

The Freedom Guardian has various features to aid your health and safety as well as additional perks. Here are a few of the Freedom Guardian features to be aware of:

• Emergency Alerts: Use the smartwatch to call for help at any time and anywhere.
  • Reminders: Set the smartwatch to give you calendar alerts and reminders about taking your medicine, drinking water, and visiting the doctor.
  • Activity Tracking: Track steps and monitor your activity to make sure you are staying active regularly.
  • Messaging and Audible Features: Stay in touch with your loved ones through text-to-speech messaging.
  • Weather Monitoring: Retrieve the daily weather forecast.
  • Touchscreen: The watch is a touch screen and was built to be simple to use for seniors. It also has oversized icons to improve ease of use.
  • Battery: The Freedom Guardian battery life lasts up to two days and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours.
  • GPS Tracking: The smartwatch is GPS enabled. This way, you always know where the wearer's location is and you will be able to find the watch if you ever misplace it.

Disclaimer:

**Free equipment offer does not include the Freedom Guardian system.

The Bad

No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing. Medical Guardian does not offer an emergency device combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry-leading medical alert service with its monitoring services, emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. The company's In-Home, GPS, and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe.

The company offers some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate, along with a quick response time to emergency responders. Medical Guardian's CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows its standing and commitment to excellent customer service. Medical Guardian has clearly established itself as the best company in the medical alert system industry. Read Medical Guardian reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about Medical Guardian's services and emergency response units.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Willie
June 21st, 2019 Benton, AR DETAILS

I feel comfortable with it on. I tested it and it was perfect. They were prompt and very helpful.

Sara
June 21st, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

I get good answers from them and they're always there and very polite. I like the fact that the base unit is small. I can take it with me wherever I need to go. I like that somebody would stay on the line if I needed them. I'm very happy with it. I investigated several other companies and they're about the same price, but Medical Guardian had better service.

June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

At night when I have the charger in the bedroom, it's like ten feet away from me and the green light is so bright I have to be careful that I'm not looking that way when I'm sleeping. It flashes and it's quite bright. They were very helpful when we set it up and I haven't had to use it but they were very nice and very good when we called to find out about it before we decided to purchase it. It was because of the information that was give and the person that we spoke to that we decided to purchase it.

Yolanda
June 21st, 2019 Lansing, MI DETAILS

The customer service was able to answer all my questions.

June 21st, 2019 Gallatin, TN DETAILS

I like the bracelet that comes with it. It's small and I can keep it plugged in if necessary. I have tested it and it worked well.

Ida
June 21st, 2019 Vincennes, IN DETAILS

The only thing I don't like is I can't get more than one bar so it takes a while before you can answer the call. The only thing we've had to do so far is test it and it hasn't failed or anything. They've done pretty good to get answers to my questions and stuff.

Betsy
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I like that it's compact. It's usually placed in an area that is reached by everybody who lives in the house. There's an immediate response when you call in for help. I tested it about two weeks ago. My daughter arranged for me to have it put in my house. I found it very simple to use.

Dorothy
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

We test it once a month and they respond immediately when I push the button to test it. We tried another medical device and we had to send it back twice because it wouldn't stay charged.

Nina
June 21st, 2019 Conroe, TX DETAILS

When I fall I have someone to pick me up and I fell just a few days ago.

Barbara
June 21st, 2019 Brooksville, FL DETAILS

I tested it once and the call came in shortly after I received it. The reps call and follow up.

Frank
June 21st, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

They answered all my questions quickly and I've never had to call them back for any feedback.

Marilyn
June 21st, 2019 Harvard, IL DETAILS

It's easy to use. I tested it and it works fine and I wear it around my neck at night. When I set it up, everything was explained to me and I checked it out and it worked well. Medical Guardian was the best value compared to other companies. You can take the device with you in the car when you travel.

Janet
June 21st, 2019 Kirkwood, NY DETAILS

I accidentally put pressure on the necklace and they called immediately to see if I need help.

James
June 21st, 2019 Daytona Beach, FL DETAILS

It's easy and simple to use. The necklace is kind of heavy to wear around your neck and I dislike that. When I tested it I had no problem. The operator answered my call almost immediately.

Myra
June 21st, 2019 Dalton, OH DETAILS

I tested it once and everything was good. They were very prompt.

Marcene
June 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I think it's very operable and in good shape. I've used it twice. I fell and they answered and the other time they just called me to make sure it worked on my end.

Dorothy
June 21st, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

I like the fact that it's so easily accessible to me. My experience with the company has been positive.

E
June 21st, 2019 Honesdale, PA DETAILS

I dislike when you push the button, it takes one full minute for Medical Guardian to answer when you're not in an emergency. It feels like forever.

Debora
June 21st, 2019 Honaker, VA DETAILS

My mom accidentally touched the button on one of the devices and we were in the car and then someone called us and asked if we had a medical emergency. They said they they would be there in ten minutes and that was awesome. I have one life alert and they take forever to get to you.

June 21st, 2019 Olympia, WA DETAILS

The device itself is small and works well. We tested it about three weeks ago and it worked. They were very friendly. They seem to be U.S. based and local. Overall, the customer service has been excellent.

Norbert
June 21st, 2019 Fairfield, OH DETAILS

Medical Guardian is excellent. I haven't had any problems at all. There's been a couple mistakes. For some reason I've pushed the button by mistake.

Eileen
June 21st, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I tested it a month ago and I've had no problems at all. We have nothing wrong with it.

June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It's a very convenient device. The charging unit stopped charging and it was replaced but the replacement is okay. I tested it twice. I had some inconveniences with the person that I was speaking to at the time I was testing it. There needs to be a better explanation as to what to expect in terms of the call back. I was staying in a different room than the base unit so I actually missed the call and wasn't prepared in advance and knowing the sequence of the test. I called in when there was a red light on my base unit and it was showing it wasn't working to recharge. They said they would get a replacement overnight but the first one was actually the wrong part and then it was six days. It was a little excessive for delivery.

Betty
June 21st, 2019 Ridgecrest, CA DETAILS

It doesn't take up much room and I wear it around my neck. The customer service was courteous and gave me an explanation of what I needed to do and why so I was pleased with it.

June 21st, 2019 Syracuse, NE DETAILS

I've tested the medical device and it worked well.

Dinah Byrd
June 21st, 2019 Wilmer, AL

My 82 year old, sister-in-law, became ill at a hair appointment. She didn't know what to do the hair dresser called the emergency team. She is home alone most of the time, I assisted she and her son in setting up Medical Guardian. This give the whole family peace of mind. The customer service and assistance has been amazing so far. We are so thankful this is a service from a most reliable company which is affordable on her retirement income.

H. Bloomgren Jr
June 21st, 2019 Russell, PA DETAILS

Do not use this company! I have been doubled billed several times and company promised to resolve, never did. Promised to call me back within 24 hours, never did. I am getting efficient at entering disputes with my credit card company. Have GPS type service which doesn’t work well. In home service appears ok. I paid for a year service in advance, now 6 months later I have a charge on my credit card currently. Never give this company your credit card number.

Jun 21, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are sorry you felt your experience was less than satisfactory. We take your feedback very seriously, and will be sure to review your experience. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Mo
June 21st, 2019 Casselberry, FL DETAILS

After receiving product was not what we needed, We were told to sent everything back. Sent back with tracking # they Received 06 Jun. Now 3 weeks later no refund, We were told mailed to wrong address even though still same company and we returned to return address on box and even though same company they need to send me a cancellation form to process the claim. Not a happy camper.

Dot
June 20th, 2019 Columbia, MS DETAILS

Tested it and it has gone quite well. It takes care of any problems with my health. I can wear it in my house or out wherever it is covered. They take care of business.

Joyce
June 20th, 2019 Holcomb, KS DETAILS

It's been terrible and I feel like I've been ripped off. I can't even get it set up.

Anita
June 20th, 2019 Brandon, MS DETAILS

I feel like it is reliable. I have had occasions that it has alerted them when I accidentally bumped it and it let me know it would alert if I needed it. Customer service is very knowledgeable and answered my questions.

Robert
June 20th, 2019 Howell, MI DETAILS

My husband fell down the stairs and it did not go off automatically and it is supposed to.

Jun 20, 2019

Hello, we're so sorry to hear that. We hope he's okay! We will send you a private message for your contact details to give you a call back to speak with a technical support agent. We'd like to see why it did not go off. Thank you!

Charles
June 20th, 2019 Bay City, MI DETAILS

I like knowing my husband has an instant contact if something happens and the services available to him.

Cindy
June 20th, 2019 De Pere, WI DETAILS

They spoke very clearly. When I was testing it, they didn't hear my voice and called my first contact. I felt there was a very good response.

Joan
June 20th, 2019 Fargo, ND DETAILS

Price is very reasonable. They're a good company so far. Every time it goes off, they're right there calling me. I would definitely recommend.

John
June 20th, 2019 Fox Lake, WI DETAILS

I've called customer support several times because I have had questions and they answered right away. There is nothing I don't like about it. I am very happy with it.

Michael
June 20th, 2019 Manor, TX DETAILS

Happy with Medical Guardian. I carry it on my neck and I get some help, I test it quite frequently.

ROC
June 20th, 2019 Glendora, CA DETAILS

It is always with me and I like that. It is convenient and I just have to charge it every night and that is fine with me schedule so I don't have any problems with it.

June 20th, 2019 Jackson, KY DETAILS

The wristband is bulky and I don't use it much, I use the necklace thing and since I am short, it is a bit long for me. I am very pleased with their customer support.

Rose
June 20th, 2019 DETAILS

They are very informed about their products. Everything is fine when I test it and it is reliable.

Michael
June 20th, 2019 Tullahoma, TN DETAILS

A couple of times I have accidentally bumped it and they were right there. The operator was courteous and concerned.

Pat
June 20th, 2019 Sunnyside, NY DETAILS

Haven't been able to use it and I've been at it for several weeks and I'm not able to hook it up. I am not happy at all.

Jun 21, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are sorry you felt your experience was less than satisfactory. We will send you a private message to get your contact information to look into the issue further. Thank you again for your review, and have a great day!

Charlene
June 20th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

We have had some emergencies where we have had to use it because my wife has multiple sclerosis. Everybody has been extremely nice and easy to work with. It is smaller and more compact and has two times the range of other units.

Marilan
June 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I tested it about a week ago and it was fine and we heard from the dispatcher. They answer promptly and I feel secure with the beeper.

Joseph
June 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Medical Guardian is very friendly and sufficient and having the device gives me peace of mind.

Sandra
June 20th, 2019 Elkhart, IN DETAILS

Customer support is very good, they are very helpful and they answer fairly quickly. I like that they'll be able to get help. The thing I don't like is that I'm not sure they're able to hear me because I am on oxygen and my voice goes in and out.

Mary
June 20th, 2019 Abilene, TX DETAILS

The best part is if I fall or something happens, I am secure. I am never without it. It is worth every penny. Medical Guardian answers immediately.

Marshall
June 20th, 2019 Lafayette, LA DETAILS

Grateful and thankful that I have it because I am in the position where I can live alone and without it, there would be twenty four hours before anybody would have found me. It is very efficient and the response time was better than I expected.

Mary
June 20th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I have to necklace but I should have gotten the bracelet because the necklace is in the way of my work but other than that the device is alright.

June 20th, 2019 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS

They do what they say they are going to do. The device is quite good. I have accidentally tripped it twice and they were very polite about it. I am pleased.