Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline: $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular: $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile with GPS: $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their home quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

• Reliable AT&T cellular and GPS location services
  • Optional automatic fall detection and Bedtime Buddy alert device available
  • Shower-safe pendant goes where you go
  • No activation or setup fees

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Jeffrey
May 24th, 2019 Ione, CA DETAILS

I've never really had an issue that I needed to them but I accidentally hit the button and the response was good. This is my second one. My first one I had quit working and I wasn't quite sure when it quit working so I wish there was a better way to know if it wasn't working.

Stan
May 24th, 2019 Boise, ID DETAILS

It takes more time by the time you push the button until you're actually talking to a live person. I would have thought it would be a little bit quicker than that. I like that it's hanging out my neck and it's available.

Roy
May 24th, 2019 Gordo, AL DETAILS

Every situation that I've had they were very helpful and it's worked several times for my mother so I'm happy with the service. My mother already used it. She fell on the floor and didn't get up. The fire department showed up within a few minutes and helped her up and made sure she was okay.

Patricia
May 24th, 2019 San Lorenzo, CA DETAILS

They gave me emotional support. Another company has batteries that never need recharging. As soon as someone comes in to take care of me, I put it on the charger to keep it charged because I try to wear it all the time. I used it one time and they called everybody that was on my list and I had to call them and let them know that they don't have to call everybody. Everybody panicked, even my son up in Northern California. So I had to adjust that but other than that, it's been excellent.

May 28, 2019

Thanks for the review Patricia! If you ever want to change how your contact list is called please do not hesitate to talk to our 24/7 customer service team.

Ellen
May 24th, 2019 Pomona, CA DETAILS

They've always been very responsive and helpful. The system works well and alerts when she does fall. We use it pretty much every day. We recently were in Fresno and she fell and then they called me and we were able to take care of things. We didn't need to call an ambulance and it was great. I think it's a really good device. I like their service and it's reasonable in price.

May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Ellen!

Colleen
May 24th, 2019 Wagner, CA DETAILS

Anytime I need to talk to them, they've been very helpful and very informative answering questions that I have. I find that life station gives is very good for the price that I have to pay every month. Really affordable for me since I'm only on social security and when I was looking at other companies, I found that life station was the best and very affordable for me.

May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Colleen! We know that financial troubles can be concerning, and we never wanted something that like to stand in the way of you being protected, so we strive to have the most competitive price that makes you feel you are getting real value out of what you are paying for your service. Thank you again for choosing LifeStation, and we are glad to have you as a member of our family!

Cyndi Jacobson
May 23rd, 2019 Madison, NC DETAILS

So far I haven't had to use my LifeStation for an emergency - but I'm so depending on it to help me when/if I need it. It's a comfort to know someone will be there for me if needed.

May 28, 2019

Cyndi, we’re happy to hear that you’re happy and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that having LifeStation brings you greater peace of mind. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Sharon Stevens
May 23rd, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS

I am a new client and so pleased with the pendant and charging station. Had another service for several years but they never updated and became quite expensive. I have had a couple of accidental alerts and people were so very kind about it. I have shortened the cord on the pendant so it does not hang low enough to be activated by the edge of my desk! God quick responses to alerts.

May 24, 2019

Thank you for the review Sharon! Accidental activations happen quite often in this industry, so our monitoring specialists are very aware of this and make sure to treat each situation as professionally and cordially as possible. Thank you for being a member of the LifeStation family.

phyllis
May 23rd, 2019 Apple Valley, CA

bery happy with response to your help. would recomen to any one

May 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Phyllis!

Viki
May 22nd, 2019 Chaparral, NM DETAILS

Whenever I push the button or need help, they're always there to talk to me. It's handy to have. I tested it and the response was well received.

Carolyn
May 22nd, 2019 Lincoln, NE DETAILS

Sometimes when I accidentally hit the button, the service is great. They are always on the ball to get that shut off so I don't have anybody coming out. I have the one that goes around my neck. I like it, but the thing that I don't like is that sometimes it goes around my neck tight and I don't know how to fix that. I've tested it and it's very responsive, like right away. It goes into the reset mode and no problems whatsoever. I have had it where I didn't get back to the station itself and I had my daughter calling, my neighbor calling, and it responded really fast.

Arthur
May 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

I like that you can set the reset button if it was an accident that it went off.

Melinda
May 22nd, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Every time I checked it, they've always been there for me. Life Station has always worked for me when I check it.

David
May 22nd, 2019 Minot, ND DETAILS

I travel a lot and I tested it out to see if the GPS is right on and it is. The device works very well.

Debra Gillette
May 22nd, 2019 Downey, CA DETAILS

The customer service always quick to call back and alerts me if I'm not there and text me. I wish it had a flashing light because my parents are hard of hearing and my mom fell once and had to press the button and my dad didn't know because he couldn't hear it. We try to regularly test it and everybody is very nice.

May 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Debra! I will pass this feedback on to the relevant parties to see if we can work on something to ensure that even those that are hard of hearing will be aware that the device had been activated.

Carmen
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I tested it, it just worked fine. I kind of quit testing it but I might start again.

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I've accidentally tested it several times when I pressed the button and I just go over and turn it off.

Earnestine
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I check it every month and let them know everything is working properly. They are very cordial and supportive. They're very alert, very attentive. The device is properly answered. I accidentally hit it one time and right away I got service which is a plus with me.

Terry
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer my questions immediately. They gave me everything I needed to fix any problems I had quickly and always within a timely manner. It was difficult for my father who is 94 to push the button. It was always difficult getting it to work. You push it several times to get it to work. Every time I had a problem with the charger, they quickly sent me a new one.

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I've only used it once but it's responsive. I tested it when I first got it and then later I had to use it because I had fallen and couldn't get up.

Ann Marie
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

LifeStation is a good company from what I know. The quality of the device is very good.

Hannah
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I was in Florida and felt that it was very useful. I called and the EMS came running. Every time that I've knocked it by mistake, I've used it and it's been very very good.

Darlene
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They give you support if you have any questions or whatever. They have good answers for you. It's around my neck and it provided me with very good safety. I used it once and thank goodness I had it. I enjoy it very much. I took it and pushed the middle button and the police and fire department and ambulance came out and helped. I hurt myself very badly and so I had to have extra help.

Linda
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

It takes them too long for them to answer if you're having a heart attack. I like the convience of having it and knowing I'm safe. I think it's wonderful for people who don't have somebody that can come and help during the day such as myself.

Linda
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I like the device. I have it around my neck 24/7. I have tested it and it works good.

May 22nd, 2019 Yonkers, NY DETAILS

I don't like it, it's very heavy and very large. I tested it and they notified my son. I asked them not to do that and they said they wouldn't.

Janice K.
May 22nd, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS

I often accidentally hit the button and they respond very quickly. LifeStation has provided me more comfort than anyone did, they are there if I need them and I'm very pleased.

Louanne
May 22nd, 2019 Marble Falls, TX DETAILS

LifeStation is an excellent company. They always respond to my button being pushed and I'm very pleased with their service. My medical alert bracelet and necklace are not usable outside of my home and I know some companies provide a life alert that can be used anywhere.

Dottie
May 22nd, 2019 Greenwood, SC DETAILS

The customer support is always there. The battery seems to not last very long.

May 22nd, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

They are always helpful. They always respond and they always make sure that everything I needed was addressed. I like the fact that I can find out when my mom is injured or needs assistance. I test it once a month and it sends the alerts that we've requested. It identifies it as a test so that we know that we don't have to respond to it. My mom complains that the device is too heavy to wear.

Janice
May 22nd, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

They've always been there any time I've just tested it. One time when I did not test it, I actually fell and they answered right away. The police were there so fast, I can't believe it. I like the idea that they can hear me in every room. I've tested it many many times and there has always been a fast response. When I fell one time, they were on the line right away and the police were there very quickly.

Colleen
May 22nd, 2019 Butner, NC DETAILS

The charger I got was defective and I didn't realize it for a while and then it stopped and I called and they sent me a new charger and it works beautifully. It's very large. I would like one that has more precision, a little smaller. In the beginning, the directions were to call the company. I kept pushing the buttons and I guess it's a radio thing where you have to push on it and hold it and I didn't know that and the ambulance came to my house. It was really embarrassing but they didn't mind and I got ahold of the person from LifeStation. Maybe tell people when they do want to call an emergency that they just push the button down and keep it down when you want to talk.

Kathy
May 22nd, 2019 Beaumont, CA DETAILS

LifeStation is very responsive. I think the device is a little bit large and heavy. Each time I tested it it worked fine and the response is very quick.

John
May 22nd, 2019 Carson, CA DETAILS

They are very responsive. I did activate it by mistake and the customer service people were really responsive.

May 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review John! Many people press the button by mistake, but our monitoring specialist are well trained and handle very activation as professionally as they can.

Harry
May 22nd, 2019 Crofton, MD DETAILS

The battery went dead and I called them and they were delightful in sending me a new one. I tested it one time to make sure and it was fine.

Chalmer
May 22nd, 2019 Lewistown, IL DETAILS

I like the device pretty well. It's easy to use. We've had three or four times we've had to use it and it works really good. We got the people to come over and help us really fast.

Richard
May 22nd, 2019 Crystal River, FL DETAILS

Anytime anything happens, they're always there for me. I really like it because I can carry it with me all the time. The only thing I don't like is if I'm out somewhere then I have to take it off because it won't work.

May 22nd, 2019 Pinson, AL DETAILS

I like everything about the device. It's well worth the money.

Joan
May 22nd, 2019 Ambridge, PA DETAILS

Every couple of months I like to check it and they answer very promptly. I'm satisfied with it. The only problem I had is when the power went out. When the power goes out, the device goes out too.

Djara
May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I tested it and it was fine. I'm fully satisfied with the device.

Vicki
May 22nd, 2019 Morganton, NC DETAILS

They always answer and I can count on them for answering the emergency button. All my father has to do is press his wrist button and I get an automatic text that something is wrong. Every time I tested it, it works fine, every time. Even it it's accidental, they come on and they're still friendly and they understand.

Sharon
May 22nd, 2019 Syracuse, NY DETAILS

Sometimes it goes off accidentally and I end up with these flashing red lights in my driveway. It's gone off accidentally four times.

Sharyn
May 22nd, 2019 Claremont, CA DETAILS

I think they could do a better job at making connections to existing customers just to verify that the system is operational. That's always the big concern. The device is convenient to use and have. We tested it once and got a positive response so I'm assuming that would be the case in case of emergency.

Stevie
May 22nd, 2019 Glen Ellyn, IL DETAILS

They are on the ball when I call to check the box. They also came on one time when I accidentally pressed the button which was around my neck and they're very prompt up to the minute. I tested it every month when I'm supposed to and they're always right there, ready to take care of it and it's always worked.

Douglas
May 22nd, 2019 Weatherford, TX DETAILS

They answer every time and are very very courteous and seem genuinely concerned in instances of emergencies. It goes off easily when it's accidentally pushed. We test it several times through the month just to make sure it works right and we haven't had any problems.

David
May 22nd, 2019 Elberfeld, IN DETAILS

We've had all the help we ever needed. If we had a question that had to be answered, they answered it to our satisfaction. When we originally got it, I assumed that my mother would be able to talk to the LifeStation person through her pendant and we found out that she could not and that she had to speak through the base part of it.

Edna
May 22nd, 2019 Bainbridge, GA DETAILS

The necklace part is a little bit long therefore when you're washing dishes it triggers it. I think they could just maybe shorten the necklace part of it so it doesn't hang as low. They're really good. Their response is really quick. My mother pressed it in error and they contacted all of us and we are aware of it even if it's on accident and we like that. That insures us that she's using the device instead of just sitting it on the desk.

May 22nd, 2019 Flushing, MI DETAILS

Whenever there's been an incident, there has been an emergency warning. I'm very pleased with it, there's nothing I dislike about it. Every time I've dealt with them, they're very nice. They are a good company.

Shirley
May 22nd, 2019 Goochland, VA DETAILS

They are very prompt. I've never had to use it but I've accidentally set it off several times and they answered immediately.

Joseph
May 22nd, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

LifeStation called me back twice when I have fallen. It works.