Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline — $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular — $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile LTE — $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their homes quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

LifeStation’s Mobile LTE boasts the most advanced suite of capabilities to date in a medical alert system. Leveraging AT&T’s 4G LTE network, the nation’s fastest and most reliable system, it takes advantage of LifeStation’s award-winning monitoring center, allowing seniors to get help quickly and confidently, anywhere in the country

• Fastest, most reliable nationwide LTE Network
  • Most accurate location services, utilizing GPS and Wi-Fi
  • Fully waterproof — take it in the shower or bath with no worries
  • Longest battery life — up to five days without needing a charge

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Leona

May 29th, 2019 Krum, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the fact that it is very portable but I don't like the fact that in the short time, I have had three units malfunction. However, customer service has replaced them each time. One time they couldn't hear me so they accidentally called the emergency people before they called my cell to confirm. I think it is a good idea and could be a good product, it just need a but of improvement.

Joan

May 24th, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I activate it, they're right on the line. I like that it's automatic recharge. They are very quick to respond. It hangs around my neck and it's a little bit heavy but it's not that big and easy to activate. There has been a day where they came out right away. There was a lot of noise around me and my first responder couldn't find it because I was outside watching fireworks and I didn't have my phone so she came and found me. The medical people were on their way to help. They're looking out for me.

J

May 24th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They make me feel really secure. So far I've enjoyed LifeStation. They've been right there on the spot if I needed help by chance. I've accidentally hit it and they answer immediately. It went very smoothly when I tested it.

Dorothy

May 24th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're always there if I need them. The device is heavy. I've tested it once or twice, especially if I am wearing it and lean up against my table. A man answered and I had no idea it said I was falling so that's good.

Melvin

May 24th, 2019 Chino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're there for me every time I need them. I've tested it several times and I accidentally set it off sometimes when I'm working and lifting something. They always answer within thirty seconds and ask me I'm alright. I always ask them to tell me my location and they're always spot on.

May 24th, 2019 Covington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've not had to use it as an emergency but I have to test it and they're always right there. The device is ugly. LifeStation is great. It's a great company and a great device.

May 24th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It went out the other day and I have no idea how it went off. It did come back and everything has been okay.

B. Elaine

May 24th, 2019 Dover, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've only had to use it a couple of times and it wasn't anything really big but the response was there. The knowledge is there. I had it in my pocket and it must has pushed the button accidentally somehow and the person on the other end was talking to me and I had to find it. It was just by mistake but it was prompt service.

Patricia

May 24th, 2019 River Forest, IL

I haven't needed this except once and it didn't work at that time so I can't say it was great.

Cheryl

May 24th, 2019 Fargo, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had two of them and neither of them ever worked when I needed them. They didn't work either time. When I tested it, I did get somebody but when I needed it when I was out and about it wouldn't work. When I tried to test both of them again, neither one of them worked.

Virginia

May 24th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I accidentally pushed the button and they were johnny on the spot calling. It was great service. I wish it wasn't quite so light and plastic looking. Everybody who works at LifeStation is great. The service is wonderful.

Jo Ann

May 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that when I called they took action. I had bad cramps, I called and they came right away.

Karen

May 24th, 2019 Ridgefield, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've been very efficient. The device sometimes gets tangled up around my neck. It's very good and very efficient.

Edna

May 24th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They even showed up when there was an accident when my alarm accidentally went off so I'm really pleased with them. Once I accidentally leaned against it and I was outside and didn't hear my machine go off in the house and the paramedic showed up.

Joe

May 24th, 2019 Russellville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used it a couple of times and it worked really well. Someone was here in a matter of minutes. Any time I had a problem with the machine, I called them and they walked me through and sent a rep out and we got it all set up again. We used the device twice and the emergency squad was at the house within six minutes or so. It was really good.

Hannelore

May 24th, 2019 Rogers, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It hangs around my neck. It's not very stable. I lost the first one and then I lost the other one around my neck.

Ronald

May 24th, 2019 Bluffton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's easy to use and recharges easily. I've tested it about three times I believe. The test has worked well and there's always been a good response.

Katherine C.

May 24th, 2019 Longview, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is quick. You don't have to wait or get impatient. It works well. I like the pendant I have on my neck. It's small and not scratchy. It goes in and out of the shower with me. I've had it for a couple of years now and it still hasn't broken or gotten any problems. When we tested the device, we got a quick response. I do have one concern because I don't have any kind of lock thing for my door that would hold a key. If the emergency people needed to get in my house, they would have to break my door so I have concerns about that.

Charlotte

May 24th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the fact that it's always there for you. When we tested it, someone answered right away.

Sheila

May 24th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like their quick response. I tested it every month and it works fine. When I needed it, it works terrific.

May 24th, 2019 Ravenna, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have the necklace and a bracelet and I like that really well.

George

May 24th, 2019 Florissant, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The device is too sensitive. They immediately call the emergency response people and they arrive very quick so that part is very good.

Andrea

May 24th, 2019 Sunbury, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The battery seems to wear out. I knew nothing about the battery, I was ready to get rid of the devices but apparently it was a problem with the battery. It's supposed to recharge automatically. They had to send me a new one.

James

May 24th, 2019 Elizabeth City, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like everything about it. It works. It's a good product.

Joyce

May 24th, 2019 Foley, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is just tremendous. When I had fallen in the bathroom I was out cold and I couldn't find the device around my neck and they were there.

Delores

May 24th, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that they alert people really fast and on time. It's easy to manage and I love it. I hit the device about four times. One time was by mistake and the others were when my mother in law fell. They came on time to help.

Betsy

May 24th, 2019 Telephone, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down
starstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstar

The customer service answers all my questions when I have a problem. They follow up all the time. On Monday I fell and they called me and they came and got me. I think they're wonderful.

Jeffrey

May 24th, 2019 Ione, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've never really had an issue that I needed to them but I accidentally hit the button and the response was good. This is my second one. My first one I had quit working and I wasn't quite sure when it quit working so I wish there was a better way to know if it wasn't working.

Stan

May 24th, 2019 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It takes more time by the time you push the button until you're actually talking to a live person. I would have thought it would be a little bit quicker than that. I like that it's hanging out my neck and it's available.

Roy

May 24th, 2019 Gordo, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every situation that I've had they were very helpful and it's worked several times for my mother so I'm happy with the service. My mother already used it. She fell on the floor and didn't get up. The fire department showed up within a few minutes and helped her up and made sure she was okay.

Patricia

May 24th, 2019 San Lorenzo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They gave me emotional support. Another company has batteries that never need recharging. As soon as someone comes in to take care of me, I put it on the charger to keep it charged because I try to wear it all the time. I used it one time and they called everybody that was on my list and I had to call them and let them know that they don't have to call everybody. Everybody panicked, even my son up in Northern California. So I had to adjust that but other than that, it's been excellent.

May 28, 2019

Thanks for the review Patricia! If you ever want to change how your contact list is called please do not hesitate to talk to our 24/7 customer service team.

Ellen

May 24th, 2019 Pomona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've always been very responsive and helpful. The system works well and alerts when she does fall. We use it pretty much every day. We recently were in Fresno and she fell and then they called me and we were able to take care of things. We didn't need to call an ambulance and it was great. I think it's a really good device. I like their service and it's reasonable in price.

May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Ellen!

Colleen

May 24th, 2019 Wagner, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anytime I need to talk to them, they've been very helpful and very informative answering questions that I have. I find that life station gives is very good for the price that I have to pay every month. Really affordable for me since I'm only on social security and when I was looking at other companies, I found that life station was the best and very affordable for me.

May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Colleen! We know that financial troubles can be concerning, and we never wanted something that like to stand in the way of you being protected, so we strive to have the most competitive price that makes you feel you are getting real value out of what you are paying for your service. Thank you again for choosing LifeStation, and we are glad to have you as a member of our family!

Cyndi Jacobson

May 23rd, 2019 Madison, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far I haven't had to use my LifeStation for an emergency - but I'm so depending on it to help me when/if I need it. It's a comfort to know someone will be there for me if needed.

May 28, 2019

Cyndi, we’re happy to hear that you’re happy and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that having LifeStation brings you greater peace of mind. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Sharon Stevens

May 23rd, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a new client and so pleased with the pendant and charging station. Had another service for several years but they never updated and became quite expensive. I have had a couple of accidental alerts and people were so very kind about it. I have shortened the cord on the pendant so it does not hang low enough to be activated by the edge of my desk! God quick responses to alerts.

May 24, 2019

Thank you for the review Sharon! Accidental activations happen quite often in this industry, so our monitoring specialists are very aware of this and make sure to treat each situation as professionally and cordially as possible. Thank you for being a member of the LifeStation family.

phyllis

May 23rd, 2019 Apple Valley, CA

bery happy with response to your help. would recomen to any one

May 23, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Phyllis!

Viki

May 22nd, 2019 Chaparral, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whenever I push the button or need help, they're always there to talk to me. It's handy to have. I tested it and the response was well received.

Carolyn

May 22nd, 2019 Lincoln, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sometimes when I accidentally hit the button, the service is great. They are always on the ball to get that shut off so I don't have anybody coming out. I have the one that goes around my neck. I like it, but the thing that I don't like is that sometimes it goes around my neck tight and I don't know how to fix that. I've tested it and it's very responsive, like right away. It goes into the reset mode and no problems whatsoever. I have had it where I didn't get back to the station itself and I had my daughter calling, my neighbor calling, and it responded really fast.

Arthur

May 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that you can set the reset button if it was an accident that it went off.

Melinda

May 22nd, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I checked it, they've always been there for me. Life Station has always worked for me when I check it.

David

May 22nd, 2019 Minot, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I travel a lot and I tested it out to see if the GPS is right on and it is. The device works very well.

Debra Gillette

May 22nd, 2019 Downey, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service always quick to call back and alerts me if I'm not there and text me. I wish it had a flashing light because my parents are hard of hearing and my mom fell once and had to press the button and my dad didn't know because he couldn't hear it. We try to regularly test it and everybody is very nice.

May 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Debra! I will pass this feedback on to the relevant parties to see if we can work on something to ensure that even those that are hard of hearing will be aware that the device had been activated.

Carmen

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I tested it, it just worked fine. I kind of quit testing it but I might start again.

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've accidentally tested it several times when I pressed the button and I just go over and turn it off.

Earnestine

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I check it every month and let them know everything is working properly. They are very cordial and supportive. They're very alert, very attentive. The device is properly answered. I accidentally hit it one time and right away I got service which is a plus with me.

Terry

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They always answer my questions immediately. They gave me everything I needed to fix any problems I had quickly and always within a timely manner. It was difficult for my father who is 94 to push the button. It was always difficult getting it to work. You push it several times to get it to work. Every time I had a problem with the charger, they quickly sent me a new one.

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've only used it once but it's responsive. I tested it when I first got it and then later I had to use it because I had fallen and couldn't get up.

Ann Marie

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeStation is a good company from what I know. The quality of the device is very good.

Hannah

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was in Florida and felt that it was very useful. I called and the EMS came running. Every time that I've knocked it by mistake, I've used it and it's been very very good.

Darlene

May 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They give you support if you have any questions or whatever. They have good answers for you. It's around my neck and it provided me with very good safety. I used it once and thank goodness I had it. I enjoy it very much. I took it and pushed the middle button and the police and fire department and ambulance came out and helped. I hurt myself very badly and so I had to have extra help.