Life Protect was incorporated in 2013 in the Norfolk, Virginia area. Upon signup, members can choose from two monitoring units: the Landline Monitoring Unit and eResponder Cellular Mobile Unit. The company features fixed monthly pricing, a 30-day money-back guarantee, an optional nurse hotline, and no contracts. However, the company doesn't feature much upfront information on its website.

#1 Medical Guardian chevron_right
#2 LifeStation chevron_right
#3 One Call Alert chevron_right

The Good

• No Contract
  • 24/7 Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Convenient
  • Lifetime Price Guarantee
  • Money-back Guarantee
  • No hidden costs
  • Highly Rated by Underwriters Laboratories
  • Additional Nurse Hotline

Contract

Life Protect 24/7 offers members a monthly subscription service. They can also opt to pay quarterly or annually that can save customers up to $100 per year. There is no contract or activation fee, and customers can cancel at any time. Customers also get the equipment free.

Monitoring

Customer service associates are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle your emergency or answer your questions through a two-way voice feature. A unique selling point of Life Protect 24/7's medical alert system is that it isn't limited to medical emergencies. You can use anytime time you feel nervous or threatened, such as the case of a fire or a break-in, which will give a lot of customers peace of mind.

Life Protect 24/7 also doesn't outsource its customer service to third parties. They operate their own UL listed state-of-the-art operating centers that monitor and serve customers across the U.S. All operators are CSAA (Central Station Alarm Association) certified. All of the specialists complete 180 hours of classroom training before they ever take a phone call. The company also has a toll-free number potential customers can call for any questions.

Convenient

Life Protect 24/7's devices are simple to set up, requiring only to be plugged into your landline phone. In the case of a cellphone, it requires minimal setup. Just carry the shower-safe, water-resistant device with you wherever you go. Another neat feature is that the equipment is synced with the monitoring center, so it is activated automatically upon arrival.

Lifetime Price Guarantee

Life Protect 24/7 guarantees its members that the subscription price they pay upon sign up will always be the price they pay.

Money-Back Guarantee

The company offers a full refund in the first 30 days of purchase if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase.

No Hidden Costs

Live Protect 24/7 offers "no charge for hardware." Just pay the monthly fee for monitoring. Prices for monthly monitoring are also fixed, so you never have to worry about them going up.

Highly-Rated by Underwriter's Laboratories

Underwriters Laboratories (also known as UL) is an organization that specializes in testing and grading safety equipment such as home security gear and medical alert systems. A glowing rating from UL means that you can trust the equipment from this company.

Additional Nurse Hotline

For an added $7.99 per month, customers can have access to nurse advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Life Protect 24/7 offers a free 15-day trial of this service.

The Bad

Limited Product Information

Most medical alert companies offer more information about their product and services. Life Protect 24/7 offers limited information. The website doesn't have any information on the company, no "About Us" page, or company history. Also, it's not clear what fees you will have to pay outside of the subscription fee. For example, it isn't clear if you have to pay a shipping and handling fee. If you want to learn more details, you have to contact them by phone or by email.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

Life Protect 24/7's best unique feature is that you can call representatives for non-medical emergencies as well as medical emergencies. Another advantage is the company's 24/7 customer support with agents that are vetted and industry certified, and the nurse hotline is an excellent feature for those who willing to pay extra. The company's subscription fees are competitive. The products are quality but lack features other companies in the medical alert industry offer, such as a Fall Protection sensor. The product might be best for seniors living independently without serious health issues.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

Debbie

September 17th, 2019 Fairview, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very surprised at all the negative feedback for this company. I purchased this for my elderly mom (close to a year ago) and received the equipment with 2 days. Plugged it in, let it charge, and she is wearing it every day. My mom hit the button twice by mistake and each time an operator came on to check on her. The operators were very nice and made sure my mom was okay before hanging up. My mom feels more comfortable knowing that she can reach them at anytime and receive help.

Paula Baylor

September 4th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I accidentally dialed an 8 instead of a six.Life Protect 24/7 answered.They were selling the service.I tried to decline.They asked my age.They felt the device would be useful to somebody over 50.I decided to try it.It was hard to get lanyard off.I finally got it off and wore it on shorts with a belt loop.It is heavy.I knew it wouldn't be useful to me.So after three months i called to cancel.The person tried give me the lower rate going from 39.99 to 19.99.I declined again and the service was cancelled.So i packed up the unit and mailed it back.

Mr.D.Cicchini

August 16th, 2019 Clayton, DE

Placed my order almost two weeks ago. Have not received anything yet ,although my account has been debited! Totally not satisfied with your company.

N Marse

June 6th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid (39.99) for the equipment on 29 May 2019. Never received. Contacted them and they said that they were waiting for the 39.99 to clear their books. (Note: it had already cleared my bank) on the 29 May 2019 . I should have it within the first few days of the following week. Today is the 5th of June 2019 and I still haven't received it. Supposingly it is already activated.

RAB

May 14th, 2019 Green Valley, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At the moment I'm fairly dissatisfied with Life Protect. Besides the fact that the services selected are nearly $100 per month.....we've had downright poor service and very inconsistent Customer Support from this company. Depending upon who you call....you either get a HUGE runaround, denied support because they can't find your account, or given erroneous information. Recently my elderly mother traveled to visit family and spend the night in a neighboring town. Before she left she called to let me know of her travel plans. However....Upon getting ready for bed, either the necklace was inadvertently triggered or it was having some kind of technical issue because it set off a fall alarm. The person who was alerted, then apparently called my Mother's home (of course she was not there).....and when they received no response...proceeded to call a neighbor to go and check on her. I personally was never called and I was definitely on the call list. The neighbor then checked the house, but obviously noone was there to open the door. After the neighbor called Life Protect back to say she was unable to detect anyone at home, the decision was made to contact the Police. We had been paying not only for monitoring, but also a combination lockbox by the front door which contained a key. HOWEVER.....Life Protect did not notify the police of any of these details and instead instructed them to break a window to gain access to the house. Upon finding no-one at home.....I received a call from the neighbor the next morning explaining what had transpired the night before. When I called the company.....I was initially told that I had no contract with them. Then after giving them several additional pieces of information and explaining that I had service with them for several years......they found 'MULTIPLE' accounts. Some had notes regarding the combination lock and instructions....some apparently did not. Some had the combination numbers transposed, while others had no reference to a lockbox whatsoever. After being assured that they would be responsible for repairing and replacing the broken window, days later they are not taking any responsibility whatsoever. THEN.....after explaining that her necklace was not functioning properly, they indicated that they'd send a new unit by Express Mail and it should arrive in 2 days. After waiting the 2 days.....I called back as it had not been delivered. AGAIN.....I had difficulty in verifying with them, that in fact I had an account with Life Protect. FINALLY after locating the appropriate account.....I was transferred to Technical Support who insured they'd send out a replacement unit. The next day.....I PERSONALLY received a charging unit in the mail. HOWEVER....I live in Arizona and my mother lives in Missouri. I called to ask why they sent 'me' a charging unit when the user was in another State. AGAIN.....they were unable to find any reference as to why I was sent the unit, but insured that my mother would receive a completely new unit within 24 hours. The next day.....she did in fact receive a new unit, however it required over 3 hours to get take the pendant apart and thread a small wire-like lanyard thru some miniscule holes and tie knots. NOT EASY FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 96 years old.!!!! And Customer Support was absolutely HORRIBLE in helping her determine how exactly to perform this operation. NEXT....when she called back to ask about how to go about repairing her broken window, they now inform us that they have no responsibility to replace it. All around.....this company is VERY EXPENSIVE and provides only a mediocre service. While some of the Customer Service personnel are competent.....others are woefully uninformed and provide lousy service. There ARE BETTER CHOICES.

Michelle Renee Penny

May 2nd, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the youngman in thecall center that sells you on life protect 24/7 mislead me big big time i told him at the time.I told him early on my husband and i are on a very fixedd income and 39.99 isnt alot of money but ewhen you dont haved 39.99 its alot of money so he goes so far as to tell me that after the first month if its not affordable contact us and we will stop your subscription and the equipment is your to keep. well i wrote them last month telling them to cancel my account/subscription as it isnt affordable so today 4/30/19 i receive a postage paid mailer to sent the equipment back to them which i have absolutly no problem with but i contact them and Theo the youngman who answered my called was just as nice as he could be i explained the issue and told him i wanted to speak to his supervisor and he kindly transfered my call stayed on the line until Rachel picked up the call and i said to her good morning sweetie and how are you i then went on andi told her the scenario and i said i know you record all call for quality assurance please bring up the recording and hear it for yourself so you no im not being dishonest with you she said mrs.**** i fully intend to and im so sorry i told her no no no its not your fault and she again apologized Rachel and Theo were so kind and caring its really hurtful when you have a shady call center person misleading prospective clients it truly is.i rate Rachel a perfect 10 as Theo the same.

Joan A St Yves

April 25th, 2019 Leominster, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There needs to be a better way to attach the unit, the necklace lands in a spot where if you are working at the desk, will go off every time you lean forward. Also, this is the second time I called to let the company know I was testing my unit when I received a call from the local 911 line. Last month the ambulance and fire truck showed up at my house. At work one day, I tried to show my working partners how the unit works and it rang about 5 times before anyone answered. This could be dangerous if I was having a stroke or heart attack. I am concerned when I see how the reviews have gone downward since last year. Not making me comfortable with my chose.

Kathleen Mayo

April 22nd, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a high pressure sales pitch. Once they have your credit /debit card, it's difficult to get a refund. My husband is a disabled vietnam vet who was pressured into this. I have requested a refund, but do not have it. I requested a label to return it, but do not have that. I had to sit through 20 minutes of a sales person offering to lower and lower the cost. THEY DO NOT LISTEN. I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by this company taking advantage of him.

Margaret Vanaman

April 15th, 2019 Kahuku, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I very much like having a live person when I push the button anywhere I go. I am told to test once a week and that is reassuring to know that I can do that. If the button gets pushed accidentally, I can just say it was an accident without panicking about an ambulance showing up unnecessarily. The only down side is the size and weight of the pendant. It weighs a bit heavy around my neck. I wish there was an alternative clip. Also I have a concern about wearing this hanging near my chest because it is equivalent to a cell phone , right?

Diane Nichols

April 8th, 2019 Whitewater, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am in a nursing home and called to cancel my service. The lady I spoke to offered me a discount twice even though I REPEAT ED several times that I was in a nursing home then she put me on hold to talk to her manager and came back and offered me another deal at which time I told her to cancel. She gave me the address to return it then offered me a deal of O returned it in 7 days

Judy

April 4th, 2019 Wasilla, AK

He took my banking information and I have not received anything

Pamela

March 26th, 2019 Largo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After my father died in November, I was asked to return the Life Protect equipment to the company and I was promised a $20 gift card in return. It was several weeks later before I found a box the right size and packed the items up and sent via Priority Mail, which cost me almost $15. I included all the necessary info about where to send the gift card. About 2 days later, a pre-paid envelope arrives. Didn't do much good since I had already sent the equipment back at my own expense, NOR did they ever indicate they were sending me a pre-paid envelope for shipping! I filled out the paperwork AGAIN for the gift card and mailed it 12/24/18. Never received anything. I emailed the company the first weekend in March to ask about the gift card and immediately someone named Bill with a title of customer service manager responded. He said a card was sent out 12/28 and I told him I never received anything. He said they would send another one "right out". As of 3/12, STILL had not received anything so I emailed Bill again. No response. Waited 2 days and called them on 3/14 and was told by a cust svc rep that the card had been sent out 3/12. It is now 3/22 - it does not take that long for mail to come from VA to FL. I have emailed Bill the customer service manager 3x this week and he has never responded. Pathetic! This has been NOTHING but a hassle. If this is how they operate, I can't imagine depending on them for lifesaving services.

Michelle

March 22nd, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did not want to give these embezzlement schemers any stars... Lied to... Price gouging... They should be shut down. Biggest mistake I made while moving was going with this company. Never again.

Alfred lanning

March 11th, 2019 Laurel, MD

I have a problem with the size of the pendant. In the summer time when I wear a tee shirt it will look like iv got a bone coming thru,

Kaiserlichehoheit

January 23rd, 2019 Marina, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed to use this service January 21st, 2019. I pushed my pendant numerous times and it took more than 10 minutes for someone to respond. When someone did answer it wasn't the monitoring service. I canceled service today 22nd of January and was told it may take time to stop the auto pay set up with my bank. So I put a stop payment and had to pay a fee of $31. The experience with this comapany has been terrible.

ANB

November 14th, 2018 Frankfort, IL

Dialed number by accident. Attempted to confirm number number so I wouldn't call it back however became interested in service after greeting. Before I could get more information representative...Jess, Jessica, Justine HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME MID-SENTENCE!!! Great introduction to future customer service. Nice job!!!

June

November 6th, 2018 Albion, NY

When I first received Life product made and a trst call and was very pleased with Rachel. She was wonderful!

robeert estep

November 2nd, 2018 Belpre, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

joya was very helpful about your product it was a joy to talk to her

Diane Toto

October 16th, 2018 Woodbury Heights, NJ

I received my unit and it was not working, so I called the company and Christina answered, I told her my problem and she connected me with Technical support, and the gentlemen helped me, and in seconds it was running perfectly. I would recommend this unit to anyone living alone, because it makes you feel safe even if you are alone. Thank you to all who helped resolve my problem .

MaryJo Hanes

October 16th, 2018 Omaha, NE

I am very pleased with Life Protect 24/7, the equipment, the professionals -- everything... Maryjo Hanes

Frank J Naputi

October 16th, 2018 Pueblo, CO

Upon calling Life Protect 24/7,I spoke to an associate of your company namely " Kristi ". She was really knowledgeable of the issues that I've confronted her plus informed me of the benefits that your company for the customer. She was polite, friendly and to the point for all my questions presented to her. Wish you will hire more like her or train the others if they aren't so that the customers can be sold on it. Good work Kristi and thanks again.

Rosalyn S. Harriett

October 16th, 2018 Cottonwood, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Life Protect 24/7 is the best of the best and I searched all of the other brands. Your company is top notch and the service is exceptional. Today I spoke with Jerry about an issue I am having and he was able to resolve this for me. Jerry is very knowledgeable, kind and helpful with what I needed to get resolved today. He is an amazing asset to your company. He respected me, was so very helpful and couldn’t do enough to resolve my issue. Jerry deserves cuddos and lots of them for his courtesy,helpfulness and kindness to senior citizens like me. His attitude, helpfulness and kindness really made my day.

Paula Grady

October 15th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was very helpful in solving my issues

Dorothy Boyle

October 15th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service. Found a quick solution.

Nicholas Kurasz ll

October 15th, 2018 Glen Ellyn, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hello, My name is Nicholas Kurasz. I'm the son of Peter Kurasz, and I'm writing on his behalf. Recently, I called your customer service department to inquire about the order we had placed for a lock box. The box had been ordered several weeks ago, but had not been delivered. I spoke with your customer service representative, Tabitha, she checked on the order, and stated the lock box had been shipped out. After informing Tabitha the box had not been delivered, she said she would have another shipped. I'm happy to say the box arrived in a very timely manner. Tabitha was most helpful, she was friendly and polite, and most importantly, she conducted herself in a most professional manner. I've called your customer service department on several occasions, and all business conducted with the department has been very satisfactory. In addition, when we first "tested" the pendant, the response time from your monitoring department was immediate and succinct. Your customer service department, monitoring department, and your quality product, instill confidence in knowing we have chosen the right company to help keep my father safe in his home. Thank you. Best, Nicholas Kurasz ll

Bonnie G.

October 15th, 2018 New Paris, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tabitha is a Winner! Keep her! She is polite and, most importantly, she knows her products. She answered all of the questions that I knew I had, and some that I didn't know I had! What a lady. She realized that the reason I had a problem was that I needed a monitor upgrade. She sent it right out and I have it already. Thank you for representatives like Tabitha!

WANDA K CLARK

October 15th, 2018 Williamsport, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called because I charged my unit and the blue light was flashing I wasn't sure if that was OK. And She informed me that it was OK because every time I charge it the blue light flashes.

Valeeta Wilson

October 12th, 2018 Apple Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found Mandi to be courtous, knowledgeable,friendly and excellant help. Thank God I havent had any serious problems that I needed to call before. I hadnt called for a very long time .Mandi realized I needed to update my necklace excetra. So grateful to her for fixing m y problem. Ive recommend your service to family and friends. I Love Life Protect. Thank you,Mrs. V. Wilson

ROBERT GINGRAS

October 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kristi was very helpful and informative, she handled all my needs quickly and professionally. Thank you so much.

Leeandra Norsworthy

October 12th, 2018 Cushing, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

She was very professional and courteous. She addressed all questions and concerns.

Michael Manning

October 12th, 2018 Canton, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently lost my life alert father while traveling so in airport. Stacy was able to take care of the problem in a very professional manner.

Stephen Smith for Bonnie Smith

October 11th, 2018 Napa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I returned to Life Protect because of professionalism. I have been offered many choices for mobile alerts. I returned to Life Protect because they would honor the same price and get the new equipment to me quickly. Theo was professional and answered my questions quickly.

Rickey

October 10th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was shocked to be connected to a very pleasant and helpful human when I called Life Protect customer service. I was calling for customer service regarding a billing request. They seem very helpful and are working on resolving the issue.

Johnny

October 10th, 2018 Hickory, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

She was great, handled my problem and a very quick matter and was very pleasant to talk to.

Donna Langley

October 10th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to update my information (phone number and email address). Morgan was very helpful we even added my other phone numbers and names of my other contacts.

Vergie Scott

October 9th, 2018

Today was my first time contacting Life Alert. The respresentative was polite, curtious while responding to my questions.. Me and siblings explained to my mom how y’all available 24hrs a day putting our minds at ease.

Penelope C Phillips

October 8th, 2018 Geneva, AL

she was very helpful in canceling a subscription I never applied for

Dave H

October 8th, 2018 Lugoff, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Courtney was was cordial, concerned, and very helpful. She was knowledgeable and expited a solution to my issues.

Linda Palmer

October 8th, 2018 Daphne, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Denzel was very professional and courteous. He helped solve my problem quickly.

J Shachmut

October 8th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Denzel was very professional and easy to speak with. He helped me by updating my address after my recent move.

Janice Heffner Witkowski

October 8th, 2018 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Theodore was extremely helpful and allowed me to postpone payments as I am undergoing an unfortunate financial situation.

Carolyn Bobb

October 4th, 2018 Houston, TX

I spoke with JoAnn and was very pleased with the service she provided. All questions were answered to my satisfaction.

Pamela Bronson

October 4th, 2018 Bangor, PA

I was in touch with joanne and she went over and above with my situation, she was compassionate, kind and Professional...Shes an Asset to your Company....

Sally Bookwalter

October 3rd, 2018 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called and Jo Ann answered my call from the very start she was very helpful with my concerns and by the time we were finished all my questions were solved. Thank You Jo Ann for all your help. Sally Bookwalter

bebe

October 3rd, 2018 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is not interested in helping people. They are interested in selling seniors products they don't need and then when a family member tries to straighten the order out they just keep trying to sell you. The rep would not let me cancel the order and it was in the first 30 days. I finally had to dispute it through the bank. This is very sad on many levels.

Kathy Newton

October 3rd, 2018 Bean Station, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The last GPS I had was comfortable that I would forget I was wearing it and it saved my life more then once. But I am not crazy with the new Belle. You have to wear it on the rope that bothers my neck where I have screws infused in C5, C6, C7, where before I could click the other one to my medic alert chain. I have tried to reduce the pressure on my neck by putting it in my sports bra, made me look like I had 2.5 breasts. I have tried it hooked to my belt loop on my shorts and jeans but its awkward, uncomfortable, and heavier. You can't pull a shirt over it as it stands out like a sore thumb and is an eye sore. With my body weight, it keeps pulling my shorts or jeans down on one side, I spend more time pulling them back up to wear I don't want to wear it unless I have to. I just make sure I have at least a throw away cell phone in my pocket just incase. The only thing I do like about it is the charger. That's better then trying to figure out which cord goes to what when it comes to charging.

Savannah Soliz

October 3rd, 2018 Carriere, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stacy was very pleasant, she was very helpful with the problem I was having with my equipment. I've only been a costumer for a short time but in that time I've been very happy with their service. I would recommend them to anyone, especially seniors on a budget.

Shirley Meyerholt

October 2nd, 2018 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Jo Ann was very helpful. She shared information with me about use and care of the equipment that I was not aware of.

Belita Quilliams

October 1st, 2018 Willis, TX

I am the daughter of an 81yr. old man who received a yellow card in the mail, without Name of the company, no return address just a phone number. and the big FREE on the card saying you have qualified for a monitor. FOR FREE> he called and they got him to give his Checking info and got him to ok. for a yearly charge. wiped out his checking acct. I called and they said they cant do anything until he gets the device in the mail.. then they can refund him.. and change his account. I curious has anyone else have this problem.

Prof. James E. Kutz

October 1st, 2018 Alexandria, VA

Very nice personnel. My questions and request was handled professionally.