Rise Broadband

Rise Broadband, previously known as JAB Wireless Inc., provides quality, high-speed internet and other media services to customers across the nation.

With Rise Broadband, customers receive speeds between 3 Mbps and 15 Mbps. Its internet packages start at $39.95 per month. Rise Broadband's typical data caps are as high as 250 GB.

Unlike many other internet service providers, Rise focuses on providing expanded broadband and mobile broadband internet in areas that are under-serviced or previously not serviced at all. The services are available in 16 states in the Midwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southwest regions, and particularly in rural areas.

View Rise Broadband Reviews

Rise Broadband's internet network is based on digital fixed wireless internet, which is an alternative to satellite internet.

In fact, Rise Broadband has the largest digital fixed wireless network in the country with more than 175,000 people taking advantage of that high-speed internet service. Rise Broadband is committed to bringing that connection to as many people as possible and providing the best service they can.

Rise Broadband previously operated under the following names: Skybeam, Digis, T6, Prairie iNet, and Rhino Communications.

The Good

• Plans
  • TV Streaming Services at No Additional Cost

Plans

Different customers have different needs, and Rise Broadband understands that. Rise Broadband offers residential services through three main plans:

• Good — $29.95, up to 25 Mbps internet speed
  • Better — $39.95, up to 50 Mbps
  • Best — $49.95, up to 50 Mbps, no data cap

Your actual download and upload speeds will vary by location, but inputting your zip code on Rise Broadband's site can help you find a service plan for your area.

TV Streaming Services at No Additional Cost

Many internet service provider companies will also offer TV streaming services by partnering with a cable or satellite TV company and bundling services in order to help customers "save" money. However, even with these bundles, customers typically pay for both the high speed internet and TV services. This is not the case with Rise Broadband; the internet provider offers its customers TV streaming options at no additional cost, which can be a big money-saver. Combined with the high-speed internet service, customers can stream TV from an iPhone, Android, or other mobile devices at any time.

The Bad

• Higher Than Average Prices
  • Fees
  • Low Data Caps
  • Limited National Availability
  • Customer Service Complaints

Higher Than Average Prices

Basic Rise Broadband internet services start at $29.95 per month, which is a fairly high price for a low-tier internet service. As speeds increase and other features are added in, the price goes up. This means that the customer could end up paying a large amount of money for their internet services each month.

The download speed and speed test results offered by Rise are also very slow in comparison to the industry standard. Some companies offer as high as 1 Gbps and Rise can rarely guarantee that much.

Fees

Like most other ISPs, Rise Broadband has some additional fees to watch out for:

• Early termination fee — $250 for a two-year contract, $125 for a one-year contract
  • Modem/router rental fee — $10.99 per month
  • Installation fee — $75It is helpful that Rise Broadband outlines many of these fees transparently.

Low Data Caps

Not only does Rise Broadband have set data limits for its customers, but the limits are fairly low. Ranging from 150 to 250 GB per month, Rise Broadband's data caps may deter some customers, especially considering that there are several other internet providers in the industry that have higher data limits or no data limits at all.

If you're still interested in a Rise Broadband plan, it might be worth investing in an unlimited data plan.

Limited National Availability

Rise Broadband's DSL internet services are only available in select communities across 16 states:

• Idaho
  • Wisconsin
  • Illinois
  • Indiana

Customer Service Complaints

Some users complain that Rise Broadband didn't offer a solution to their connectivity issues. They also complain that the wait to reach a call center worker over phone was often long. These are common complaints regarding many wireless internet service providers who work with several states.

The Bottom Line

Rise Broadband offers customers in 16 states access to a wide range of speeds and a reliable, strong connection through its digital fixed wireless network. Where broadband and mobile broadband internet is underserviced, Rise may be an alternative to satellite internet or other broadband providers.

The company also offers streaming TV at no additional cost. However, Rise Broadband charges higher-than-average monthly rates and has fairly low data caps compared to those of other companies in the industry if you're not on an unlimited data plan. The company advertises a fast download speed, broadband speed, and internet connection.

View Best Internet Service Companies

1.8

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Jacob Galvan OK

It's ok, but it goes down quite a bit. And if you are in the country, if that's all you got, what else can you do buy bend over and take it. Even without dinner or a kiss first. It is what it is. Of I had other choices, I would take it! 🤷‍♂️

Reply from Rise Broadband

Jacob, We are terribly sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with us. If you'd like to get in touch with us regarding your dissatisfaction, please send an email to [email protected] along with your account information and the nature of the situation. Give us a chance to make things right. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Jul. 8th, 2021

Martina N Longmont, CO

DONT BUY INTO IT!! I've had rise broadband band in a country rural area. They claimed to have the fastest internet connection around FALSE. They claim to be the best company with the best internet services WRONG. I was promised a refund for the modem and the dish when I was done with it...this was a lie also. Don't belive anything the promise or say as an offer. My service has been crap, super laggy and always drops connection for any and everything we watch. Either on the computer, phone, or TV not thing works, we watch a loading screen more then our content we pay for on other platforms. In the end of all of our trouble we still got charged for going over our allocated "150" units of service in our plan. Every 10 after they charged a large fee. This fee I knew nothing of until I started receiving my bill way over the promised monthly. They are terrible at answering questions, terrible at answering their phone, and terrible at good service. Good luck trying this company. They are full of it!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Martina , Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. Sounds like we may have dropped the ball, but it's in our court now and we'll make sure we get this resolved for you. Please forward us a copy of this review email along with your Rise Broadband account information to us at [email protected] and give us the chance to make things right. You've been through enough already! Let's get to some solutions! Regards, Rise Broadband

Jun. 14th, 2021

I have to wait now Fort Worth, TX

They offer us a speed of about 480kb/s. They will not aid us in costumer service or help with better speeds in our hard to reach area. Our TV’s and online games currently do not work, so we are now considering switching to any other provider out there that can at least try to do their job.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us regarding your concerns. Please feel free to provide your account information to us at the email address [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Jun. 14th, 2021

Adam L Morris, IL

I am writing the same review here that I will put everywhere I can review Rise Broadband because I am so thrilled with their service and I am shocked at the low ratings. We have not had access to high speed internet as we live in the middle of farmland outside of Morris, IL. As we were re-building our home after a house fire, I kept looking into internet service because I knew we would eventually be offered something other than satellite internet which is highway robbery that costs an arm and a leg for very little data. As we neared completion of our home Rise Broadband came up in a search. I stifled my excitement at the thought of having internet like the rest of the world, even after calling them and having them tell me that they DID in fact offer internet in our area (this HAD happened before with other companies only to find out they couldn't cover us). I reserved my excitement until they sent out the service technician who would install everything and we actually had everything hooked up and running. Well, the tech/employee who came out had everything hooked up in less than 45 minutes and we were streaming all of the different platforms moments thereafter...HALLELUJAH!!! After reading the low reviews before signing up, I really thought that it was going to be a disaster or too good to be true. But after having a couple of months with no problems I'm starting to wonder why so many bad reviews? Are we the proverbial people walking through the desert and simple food and water is a godsend? Other people are just so used to internet that they complain about having service? I don't know but after having nothing for so long and now we can watch everything in our Netflix queue, Amazon Prime, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, EVERYTHING! We could not be more happy! I truly am sorry for anyone who does not have internet at all but if you are complaining just to complain or your internet wasn't lightning fast literally every second of the day I don't have sympathy for you. Maybe go without internet in your home for a few years, then reinstate it and see if you're not grateful to be able to stream all those tv shows and movies. I am eternally grateful for Rise Broadband. The few times I've called, their customer service has been extremely helpful. I've never had to call them about problems with our service, only to ask how to pay online and a question about a fee (which they took off immediately because I asked if they could).

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Adam. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

vince gallo Palisade, CO

i live in Palisade, colorado. there is no cable service or phone lines for DSL. my only choices were satellite or broadband. doing my due diligence, i saw good reviews for satellite but expensive at $75 to $85 a month. Rise Broadband had really horrible reviews not only for service but for over billing and wrong data usage charges. but i was desperate and Rise just now at end of 2018 started offering no contract, $29.99 service at 15Mbs, $10 equipment per month for one year. i figured that since i could cancel with no penalty, i might as well give it a try. well, to my happy surprise, service has been great with 15 to 20 Mbs service and accurate billing so far for the 6 weeks i have been with them. it seems maybe they have made big improvements in service and accounting like the sales people claimed. i'll review again if things change. but right now would highly recommend them in the grand junction, colorado area.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words Vince. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Martha Jaimes Fort Lupton, CO

I don't know why there are negative comments, maybe some people have had a bad experience with this company but not me. I live out in the country and they are the only internet provider that services this area. Their service is great and I am very happy with them. I an online student and a mom of three and sometimes its hard to keep up with bills and they always seem to work with me. Since I am an online student I always need to have internet and cannot go without it and they always work with me no matter what and I have not gone without having service EVER. I think it's a great company and I would actually recommend it, I have three neighbors out here where I live and they all have Rise Broadband and have never heard them complain. Thank Rise Broadband!!!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Martha , Thank you so much for for the great review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your Rise Broadband service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Joline CA

We are at the end of Century links lines and Long lines cable internet lines. So right in the middle of NO service! So mobile hotspots were our only option. $90 for 20gb is expensive. Rise Broadband starting sending flyers. I thought sure this is another we can give you internet oh nope sorry. Rise broadband actually installed working internet. (Gaming, streaming, we can use wifi in the house internet!) We have 350gb data cap which we have come close to (Summer bored kids) but I can't complain about this company they gave us something nobody else could. It works, we can play online games. I'm grateful for Rise Broadband! It's around $53.00 a month which isn't outragous so I'm happy the kids are happy!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Joline , Thank you so much for for the great review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your Rise Broadband service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Paul Monica Desfosses Ogden, UT

After 12 years of service we received a letter stating our service would be canceled in 10 days with no explanation. We had never been late with our payments. We have no other options for internet. We've been waiting for over 6 weeks for a call back. If you can go with someone else, I would.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Paul, we are terribly sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately the tower where our equipment is mounted is no longer allowing us to continue transmitting from their location. We have tried to move all of our customers in this area to another location, but in some case we have no other options. We are often given very little notice from the tower host that they are not renewing our contracts and requiring us to remove our equipment from their tower. We are truly sorry that this is the case, and we hate to lose you as a long time customer. We really wish we could continue to provide you with broadband services, If you would like to speak with someone regarding the situation I can send you a private message to get your contact information so we can reach out. Thank you, Rise Broadband

May. 5th, 2021

G. W. Hudson, CO

Over the last 2 years our service with Rise Broadband has continually gotten worse. We paid for a 20mb service and the best they were able to provide was about 9mb. And that was very intermittent. When you call to cancel they charge you for an extra 30 days because they require a 30 day notice. Glad not all business charge for service they are not able to provide. The standard answer when you call customer service has been that it is a router problem. At first it was with there router. Since they could not get to us in a timely manner we purchased our own. Still the same problem. At last we got tired of the constant apologies and endless waits on hold. We found a new provider. When we called to disconnect the service we were told they wanted to look into our problem. Our service continually dropped. They told us during this call that they could see 40 some drops in our service in the recent past and offered us a discount on our bill. We have a neighbor that has the same problem as well. But we are still told it must be our equipment (router, cable, etc). I am so glad to be done with Rise Broadband. The apology with every call does nothing to fix the service and they don't listen very well to what you have to say. Definitely stay away. Service is terrible!

Reply from Rise Broadband

We are terribly sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with us. Thank you for letting us know how we can do better in the future. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Apr. 12th, 2021

Brian Mills Fort Worth, TX

Service is terrible ,it's always down and when my wife called the tech support guy way extremely rude and someone to punch him in the mouth .

Reply from Rise Broadband

Brian, We are terribly sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with us. If you'd like to get in touch with us please send an email to [email protected] along with your account information and the nature of the situation. Give us a chance to make things right. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Jul. 14th, 2021

Melanie Lubbock, TX

We just got our Rise Broadband installed on Saturday and so far, so good. Our previous provider, HughesNet, was ridiculously slow so we decided to try Rise. Like I said, so far, so good, but it's only been a few days. The installer came in the time window scheduled and was very courteous and got us up and running with no problem. I hope our speedy internet continues without issues.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Melanie, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Oct. 29th, 2019

Don Stockton, UT

We could never get service. Been on hot spot for 3 years. After Rise made a location change on their tower, we found we could begin getting service. I must say that I am SO glad to finally have something. Install went well, and staff have been extremely nice/professional. Rise has had some mixed reviews in my area, but I have had no problems so far, and am hopeful that they are working hard to correct their issues.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Don, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Sep. 17th, 2019

Tina Payson, UT

Morgan was absolutely amazing with our install. He answered all the questions we had about how everything worked. He went over every aspect of the equipment and he even took the time to explain to my children why they didn’t want to mess with the equipment and how to “fix” it if they pulled out the plugs. My kids are 1&3. Right from the very beginning I have had great customer service from the initial start to the install and any questions or problems I have had, they have quickly resolved them.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Tina , Thank you so much for for the great review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your Rise Broadband service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Jul. 16th, 2019

Leslie Brooks Lindsay, OK

I had some problems the first week I had service, and I put off calling a technician thinking I could fix it myself...but when I finally gave up and decided to just call...it was a good decision, and made things easy from then on...I called and the lady was nice....I wasnt home at that moment, but the lady offered to call back,..She called back when she said she would, instead of having to call and wait on hold again....she was friendly and helpful...at some point I lost connection with her, and by then their tech support was closed...I ended up calling back the next day...another guy was really helpful, instead of putting me on hold to consort with his team, he offered to call back shortly, and he did!...within five to ten minutes...he said the connection loss was due to something involving the router, or the antenna, and offered to send a technician out on the same day!...a guy came and replaced the router, and I haven't had a problem since! ....I am only in a 5 meg plan, and have still had averages faster than 5.. I'm happy! ...fully satisfied with their service....I could be using windstream, that is popular around here, but they are overpriced, and they charge a lot of taxes on their bills...Rise is much cheaper, and better than windstream I think! Thanks Rise Broadband, Leslie Brooks

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Leslie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

George Erhart Chicago, IL

I moved to Colorado in 2005 and started with LpBroadband. Over the years, the company has merged with others until it is now Rise Broadband. I recently switched to their new high speed service on a 2 year contract for abut 60% of what I had been paying. Previously, I had 5 Mbs down and 1 Mbs up. The new service is 20 Mbs down and 4 Mbs up. This has been a huge improvement in my connectivity. I can actually stream HD video without constant pauses for buffering. I use my connection for working from home and as a software developer, it is now much faster uploading my code to servers in the cloud. Overall, I am very happy and finally feel like I have true high speed service. Prior to this upgrade, I would have rated them as a zero, but now, I have enough speed to really get things done. (I can't cut the cord on my satellite TV service ... there is a 350GB per month data cap.)

Anthony Dallas, TX

What goes on I am not a customer probably never will be on the way to work Friday March 12th at 5:45 a.m. a Salesman or a installer in a Chevy Silverado crew cab pickup with a ladder rack ran through three stop signs almost hit caught up with him on interstate sing the sign rise broadband so I'm leaving a message that's the way your workers Act and drive put people's lives in danger for what I will let everybody know y'all have a great day

Reply from Rise Broadband

Anthony, Thank you for letting us know about this situation. We take your report very seriously. We'd like to contact you to gather more information about where this occurred so we can take corrective actions. I am going to send you a private message. Thank you

Mar. 15th, 2021

Kate Dallas, TX

I’d leave negative stars if I could. Constant internet outages and they still continue to overcharge. Internet constantly goes out during work or in the middle of taking important exams. I have to leave my house and drive to the Starbucks parking lot to get Internet. It’s insane they shouldn’t even be in business. If they tell me to unplug and plug my router back in one more time I’m going to scream.

Deidre Durrschmidt Arlington, TX

If I could leave no stars, I would. They have been absolute crap since we signed up less than a year ago. We had problems a month or so after signing up with slowness, so they switched us to a new tower. This made the whole thing even worse. We have called NUMEROUS times to try to find a solution with no luck at all. Their only solution has been to unplug the router for a few minutes, then plug it back in. This solves the problem for, at max, an hour. We can't download and watch a movie without it stopping 10+ times. We can’t play video games without it freezing multiple times. We can't complete work on our laptops because of how much it cuts in and out. Just absolute trash. We really were hoping they would be good or provide a solution, since our house can only receive satellite internet at the moment, but no such luck. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, TIME, OR ENERGY.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Deidre , Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. Sounds like we may have dropped the ball, but it's in our court now and we'll make sure we get this resolved for you. Please forward this email along with your account information to us at [email protected] and give us the chance to make things right. You've been through enough already! Let's get to some solutions! Kind Regards, Rise Broadband

Feb. 1st, 2021

Moses Omaha, TX

I was with the company that eventually became Rise for many years, and generally had no problems (at least before it was Rise). The company I started with got bought and that was bought and then JAB changed to Rise, and my basic service generally worked. However, the last time I did need service it took them almost 2 weeks to get someone out to replace a bad radio, and of course there was no discount for those lost weeks of service. They also started raising the amount of each bill with no explanation. I finally called, and they signed me up for a 2 year contract at a somewhat better rate, but I had to pay an extra fee to get that. Then after the 2 years were up they started raising the rates again with no explanation. The final problem I had was when I moved recently and I called to cancel my service. The person I talked to was friendly and all and told me I had a balance of $0.0, and since my equipment was older they did not want to get it back, and that they would disconnect service that day. As they said, service was disconnected that day and the internet stopped working and I unplugged the radio. Next thing I know I got another bill from them for the next month of service. So I called them to see what was up, and they said that since I cancelled a few days after the next billing session had started (which I did not know - I called by the due date of the bill), I owed for the next month because they don't pro-rate bills. So I told them what I had been told when I cancelled, and they said it didn't matter and I owed the full amount. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were all busy, but they asked if I wanted a supervisor to call me back. I said YES, but never received a call back. Instead a couple weeks later I get a notice from a collections company! Now all this would not have been so bad if the person had told me when I called to cancel service that they don't pro-rate bills, that the new billing cycle had already started, and asked me if I wanted to have the service cancelled at the end of the billing cycle since I had to pay for it anyway!!! Yet instead, they told me everything was clear, shut the service off, and then billed me for service not received and refused to change anything. Now if it was only me that had ever had this problem that would be one thing, but the little company I work for used them in the past and had the exact same kind of problems when they cancelled - except their service was worse overall. Avoid Rise Broadband if you have any other options, and watch your bill like a hawk if you must use Rise, because it seems any more that their main interest is getting as much of your money as possible while rendering as little service as possible.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We are sending you a private message to gather your account information. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Jan. 11th, 2021

Lisa Bloyer Rockford, IL

For the last 2 months rise has said bills have not been paid. Sent proof of payment, internet has been shut off, stating same bills were not paid. plus they wanted to charge late fees three different times. THE WORST CUSTOMER SEREVICE EVER!!!! I have been hung up on six different times. Told I was going to be called back which had NEVER happened. I have asked to speak to Manager on several occasions, and have never been connected to a manager. This company is a scam, or they have no idea what they are doing. We will be finding a new provider... RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

Reply from Rise Broadband

DearLisa Bloyer , Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn you are unhappy with your service. We hope you will give us an opportunity to address your concerns. At your convenience, please forward this email to the email address [email protected] along with any of the following information: The phone number on your account, your account number or physical address that the service is listed under and give us a chance to make things right. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Nov. 23rd, 2020

David Haddix Houston, TX

Everything works as it should. Scheduled to have a tech come out today. (Storm took out my dish). Very professional, fast. Took me a little while on the phone to report the damage. But overall good service.

Reply from Rise Broadband

David Haddix , Thank you for the awesome review of Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Thank you for being a valued Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Aug. 21st, 2020

JC Martinez Waxahachie, TX

Awesome! Great customer service by Tech named Dustin in waxahachie, tx/ I wish they had more employees that are efficient and provided exceptional customer service as he did. Prompt and fast install service. Thank you so much.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jc. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

May. 7th, 2020

Ray Mendota, IL

Everyone was very professional, friendly, and helpful. My tech for the install was first class really hooked everything up just like we wanted it. As far as the wifi itself, nothing we have tried so far has been anywhere near this good. I would strongly recommend this company!!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Ray Mendota, Thank you for the awesome review of Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Thank you for being a valued Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Apr. 10th, 2020

Jim & Lou Lamberth Adkins, TX

Mr. Nathan arrived near 8:00 AM on the day that the scheduled Arrival Time was between 8:AM and 12 noon. He was very friendly as he worked very fast and efficient as he made the instillation of the equipment. He answered all our questions and made sure everything was working before he left. Quiet a gentleman.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Rob. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Apr. 8th, 2020

Steven Crowley, TX

UPDATE: I am raising this to 4 stars since I now am getting the speed I am paying for and the great customer service. I have had Rise Broadband for years and after many many phone calls and many service visits with new towers pointed and new equipment. I can't do it anymore. The speeds average 4-5 Mbps download when I pay for 15 Mbps. They have never improved. But EXCELLENT customer service though, every time I called. Also prices are fair. If they could get me the 15Mbps, I would gladly stay with them.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Steven , Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We certainly dropped the ball, but it's in our court now and we'll make sure we get this resolved for you. Please email your account information to us at [email protected] .com and give us the chance to make things right. You've been through enough already! Let's get to some solutions! Regards, Rise Broadband

Mar. 2nd, 2020

DH Franktown, CO

Recently installed Rise Broadband at our new home where choices of internet coverage are very limited. The installer answered all of our questions, provided a very professional installation and had the system up and running in a half hour. At 25mb loading is much faster than what other carries offered in the area.

Reply from Rise Broadband

DH, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Dec. 4th, 2019

Mark Hardesty Pahrump, NV

Install was fast and professional. Very pleased with the service and speed. My son does XBox Live constantly while I am on my computer and the wife is using her phone for emails and the TV in the background streaming movies. No lag in the X Box at all. Got a good price so very pleased .

Reply from Rise Broadband

Mark, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Oct. 28th, 2019

Mel Fort Collins, CO

So far, so good. Installation was a breeze and the technician arrived as planned - even called prior to arrival to give estimate of time. After 3 days, my internet is working just fine — I live in a rural area with only 2 options for WiFi service so I was concerned. TV streaming has been good/great so far. Fingers crossed for long-term happiness.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Mel , Thank you so much for recommending Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Oct. 1st, 2019

Bev Johnstown, CO

Was scheduled between 8 and 12 am, installer was a little late but received update on when he would arrive and was here just a few minutes later. Installer was helpful and did an excellent job. Was able to give me an unobstructed view of your tower so have a reasonably fast service.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words Bev! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Aug. 30th, 2019

Lisa Pahrump, NV

Wonderful experience from the very start! Great customer service from Cody. Everything was explained clearly and found the best plan for us. Technician did a great job hooking up our broadband and digital phone service. Again everything was explained clearly.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Lisa , Thank you so much for recommending Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Jul. 10th, 2019

Lori Jones Emmett, ID

From the very first call through the following calls and right down to installation, Rise was very courteous and professional. My service has never worked better and the fact that I did not have to sign a contract makes the experience even sweeter. I will be a Rise customer for a very long time!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lori. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Jun. 26th, 2019

Rudy Bocanegra Royse City, TX

I live in the country and there no internet providers in my areas. Rise was the only one that would provide service. I have had service for almost a year and must say my data cap is 350 and if i go over which i do often the charge for every 10G over is almost nothing. Service is great and connection fast. I was reluctant to get service cause of bad reviews, but i'm glad I didn't let that sway me and my family, cause we have never been happier, having internet. My cap is 350 my speed is 15m down and my bill is $68 a month. Not bad, I have paid way more in the passed from companies with no caps.

John Martini Mead, CO

This is my second review on this site. If you read earlier you will see the abysmal service we have received. . I did receive contact from Morgan with Rise VIP customer support after that first review. A phone message and email stating she had seen we were now all better with a service call to our residence, getting close to a dozen now in the last few months. (requires being home for their 4 hour window). No other attempt at contacting me. I replied to the Rise email, (phone message was not returnable), stating that the service was going to briefly be acceptable but I was certain it would degrade per usual after a service call, and that I requested she contact me again in a week....of course they did not. Our service is now horrendous again. 30 seconds of connection in a 5 minute period, perhaps. I am so disappointed with the Rise "VIP customer service" response...or lack there of. I have spent so many hours on the phone talking to tech support, waiting for field service, etc. The VIP pseudo response is insulting. I only wish we had other options in our rural setting. We had excellent service for years before SKYBEAM became Rise, so I know it is possible to have good service at our location. Waiting for a brief window of connectivity to submit this review!!!!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, John . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us regarding your concerns. I will send you a private message to gather more information. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Aug. 21st, 2020

Mitch94541 Jean, NV

When I started with Rise in 2018 I asked for a 25Mbs plan. There was a special going on and it was very tempting so I asked for the higher speed. At the time I was told that in my area there were only 5Mbs plans available in my area. Well, that was still ok, figuring we did not have any cell service and no idea when that might happen. Ok, I have never been charged the “Special” price for the plan I signed up for, my fault I guess for not canceling the first billing cycle. I have written several emails, never a response to the request for explanation on the overcharge. The service is ok, though so we live with it. Now I am getting these really obnoxious emails about “going over the plans cap” and they will charge me for the overage in 10GB increments. When it is a problem with billing and it IS their fault, you can’t get anything from them. When it is a “overage issue” they won’t leave you alone. According to their advertised plan, they have overcharged me $10.00 a month for over a year. Alright, take the overage out of THAT. Mike, Nevada

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Mitch . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us regarding your concerns. Please feel free to provide your account information to us at the email address [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you, Rise Broadband

May. 7th, 2020

Cynthia , TX

So far so good. I wish the wifi signal was strong inside my apartment. Having a little bit of trouble getting a good signal to my TV but other than that it's great! The set up time was fast.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Cynthia, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for our company! We always do our best to provide the best experience possible for all of our customers, and we are glad to hear that you had a positive experience as well. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at 844-411-7473 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Apr. 7th, 2020

William Ramsey Elko, NV

I migrated from Frontier Communications (DSL) to Rise Broadband for the speed difference. The best Frontier could do was 8 mbps down and I get consistent 90+ Mbps down with Rise Broadband. So far after 2 months, Rise Broadband has delivered!

Reply from Rise Broadband

William, Thank you so much for recommending Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Mar. 30th, 2020

fap Loveland, CO

I have been a customer of Skybeam/Rise for over a dozen years. There has been some interment interruptions once in a while but it has been most acceptable. Anytime that I needed service regarding a problem with my connection they had technician here within a couple of days. Never was there a question regarding my having to pay a service fee.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi fap , Thank you so much for recommending Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day! Cheers! Rise Broadband

Feb. 13th, 2020

Randy Vance Simonton, TX

I am in a rural area and was using a local provider. I was getting less than 4 MBS and now with rise am near at 50 MBS. My service is much better than what I have experienced from my old provider.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Randy Vance , Thank you for the awesome review of Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Dec. 9th, 2019

HB Ritchie Abbott, TX

Finally able to move to a new internet provider! Rise was okay but just okay - nothing special; My biggest issue was how my bill per month rose from $29 to almost $179 in 2017 (supposedly because of additional taxes special fees etc.) If I had signed up for auto pay I might not have caught it so quickly - but once I was a day late paying they cut me off immediately and charged almost $100 to restore service... if they only could provide stable service instead of up and down spotty support it would have been nice. After I complained they were able to reduce my cost back to $30.95 per month which helped the situation but didn't restore my confidence in them at all!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Dear HB Ritchie, We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our service. We would love for an opportunity to address your concerns and will be sending you a private message.

Oct. 15th, 2019

Lillian cravens Joshua, TX

Wonderful service The gentleman was on time very kind and super professional Address any and all our concerns He didn’t have any problems going over everything as far as location.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Lillian, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Sep. 24th, 2019

BUDDY DERKAS Las Vegas, NV

We just moved and transferred my Rise Broadband service. Love their service. Showed up on the day scheduled for and arrived at the scheduled time. Was up and running in 2 hours.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Buddy, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. Do you know about our referral program? Refer a friend or neighbor and get $50 for every referral. Here's more information: Thank you for being a loyal Rise Broadband customer. Have a great day!

Sep. 9th, 2019

Ron Wolfforth, TX

I live in a area where internet is only available from one ip and their service is lacking to say the least. Now that Rise has come along I’m able to do the things I couldn’t before. Thank you. I love the service. No issues.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ron. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Jul. 24th, 2019

Rico Colorado Springs, CO

The technician was refreshingly honest and let us know exactly what he was doing. He even went the extra mile and took down our old dish!! Customer service has been excellent!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Rico. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Jul. 16th, 2019

Joyce Estes Van Alstyne, TX

Customer service has been excellent when i ordered service and called again about setting up online options. Installation was problem free and our internet speed is so much faster than the prior service

Reply from Rise Broadband

Hi Joyce , Thank you so much for recommending Rise Broadband! We are so pleased that you are happy with your service. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a great review. Have a great day!

Jul. 10th, 2019

Margaret Taylor Idaho Falls, ID

There have been very few issues with my internet service. It is always up and running and if there are issues Rise Broadband is always very courteous to help out and schedule an appointment as early as possible.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Margaret. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Cheers, Rise Broadband

Greg Sioux Falls, SD

I am giving Rise two stars because they do actually provide service to us. Sometimes. My tax dollars have been going to fiber across the country for the past 20 years and so far AT&T, Verizon, Century Link, etc, continue to steal that money and I still don’t have fiber, so kudos to Rise for trying. That ends the positive portion of my review. We’ve been customers for 2 1/2 years. The last two years, I’ve been an unpaid tech for Rise. Of the 40-50 times I’ve called in to report slow or no service, I’m expected to help them troubleshoot, they open a ticket, a week or two later they proclaim the issue solved which it never has been and around we go again. I can’t recommend them unless you absolutely don’t have another option. They are expensive, it’s hit or miss as to whether your service will work, and you’ll spend all you free time as an unpaid employee of theirs.

Dennis Koyle Gooding, ID

The problem comes when there is a problem with service. Rise lacks technical knowledge to solve a problem, all they can do is reset, but they are reluctant to reset. After not having internet for months, I cancelled the service. A few months later they offered a special so i signed back on and had good wireless signal for several months. Then the problems started again. After going for several days without service i get an email saying everything is good to go. Only problem is nothing has changed, there is still no service. So I start over. When i call in they say, there is something wrong with the tower. Same curcle repeats again and again. Terrible tech and customer service.

Kim De Morales Houston, TX

This is the worse internet company ever! I would give them a zero if I could. Our internet doesn’t work more then it works. To get a technician to come out takes days! Totally unacceptable.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Tiffany , We are terribly sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with us, and we'd like to make things right. Please provide your account information to us at the email address [email protected] and give us a chance to assist you. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Mar. 16th, 2021

Steve B Dallas, TX

Horrible service. RiseBraodband purchased Internet America sometime back and the service keeps getting worse and the rates have gone up of 140% in the last several years. The latest disaster has been their "email upgrade". Now you can no longer access your emails on outlook (the agent said they don't service 3rd party vendor). The webmail interface is horrible.

Reply from Rise Broadband

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Steve . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us regarding your concerns. Please feel free to provide your account information to us at the email address [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Oct. 16th, 2020

Cheryl Hendrickson Las Vegas, NV

I have been with risr for five years, Thursday my internet goes out I call them and they say leave number we will call you back when technician comes available. Yeah right next day I call back and wait to talk to someone explain no internet and she yells me tower has been decomp . She tells me they send out notices no they didn't i got nothing from them! And now I have to wait till Tuesday for someone to come put me on another tower. WTH this is rediculous. Why didn't someone come before tower was shut off? This makes no sense at all!

Reply from Rise Broadband

Cheryl, We are terribly sorry for this oversight and we'd like to make it right. I am going to send you a private message to gather your contact information so our Nevada Area Manager may contact you. Thank you, Rise Broadband

Aug. 24th, 2020